Welcome to the World of Feila!

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

New to the forum? Get started by reading general information about Feila and the rules of the forum.

Need help? Send a private message to RabidFox. The staff is always willing to assist users with questions and problems. There's also a thread for how to role-play.

Don't be shy. Feel free to start posting when you're ready. We have a friendly community that is more than happy to welcome you and invite you to role-play. And don't worry about all the informational threads! You only need minimal knowledge to role-play. There's no need to do lots of reading.

Role-players wanting to write role-playing posts under five sentences, see the One Liners board.

Check out our announcement forum, The World Court, for important information about what's going on in our community.

Want to chat with other Feilans? Check out our Discord server!

Foreign Languages Game: Word Choice

All game, contest, and poll threads can be found here.
RabidFox
The Great Fox
Ireland

Re: Foreign Languages Game: Word Choice

Post by RabidFox » Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:08 am

Japanese: All Alone

NOTE: All characters are daemons. The setting is a world native only to daemons. This story is set in a medieval/modern period.

"I am not... I am not... I am not wrong!" Asserted Kayzen, infuriated.

How could he prove it in time?! The peasants were already on the march! They did not understand! They had always seen themselves, like they had said themselves, as superior! Surely, it was not ignorant, they were clearly a hot blood warrior race of daemon and not just any daemon, but the most superior variety of them all! But then... Oh, they had all the excuses in the world!

It was over! It was over... unless Kayzen managed to do the impossible! He must succeed! He must prove... that he was worthy of the crown!

"You don't understand, you don't understand!" Kayzen insisted. "They are completely are utterly infuriated. They are angrier than I have ever saw them! They get this way whenever you appoint a new king, but there is something different today! There is something different now!

"I will ascend to the throne!" Claimed Kayzen, his heart sinking immediately. His mind was become clearer and clearer and clearer.

An elder huffed and laughed. Several men chuckled. They clearly found him ridiculous.

"I will save my people! I will save my people! You must listen to me!" But no one would. He sounded emotional to them. He sounded upset to them. He sounded like silly, little Kayzen to them. Nothing but a mere child. Nothing but a small boy. He sounded like nothing to them.

Surely, they cared about him. But they cared about him. They did not fear him.

They feared his father.

He must become the image of terror. Only a daemon was so naturally ruthless that he could perfectly combine terror with compassion. Only a daemon could be simultaneously the kindest and the cruelest. He had to be more forceful! He had to find a way to make gentle absolute brute force! He could not hurt anyone! He could not harm anyone! He had to find a way to be better than his father... and then he learned!

His father... was most certainly... a cruel man.

He was... an unbearable force... of ferocity. Which meant...

He could not listen to him. He could not listen to his father. The elders had certainly controlled every last thought in his mind. They had looked into the eyes of a god and in that god they knew he was capable of destroying everything around him if not controlled. The legends, the stories... Now Kayzen suddenly understood the extent of his father's cruelty!

Kayzen had finally... become an adult.

His eyes filled with the passion of kings before him, with the passion of his father at last! Now Kayzen could be the man that others had always told him he should have been the moment he was born. He had finally learned why he had always been kind to peasants, had always endured the jokes and the taunting from his peers, the disapproval and the disappointment from his superiors... the elders... his father... his mother, the Queen!

The Queen! Surely a woman could understand! The gentler ones, the more reasonable women! Women were calmer, kinder, softer... and daemon women definitely had ferocity. Perhaps his mother had enough ferocity and enough gentleness to help him find a way to stop the peasants. He would have to use as much brute force as possible, while utilizing as much logic as possible. Logic that could make even the sharpest knife incapable of murder. Of course! If you could make a spear gentle, if you could make a sword incapable of killing, you could cut any neck, hold back any murderer, stop even the most out of control child from turning into a cold blooded killer. You could stop anyone from making a mistake too grievous! If brute force could not kill, you could hold anyone in place! You could stop anyone from making a bad decision that could mean the end...!

The end...!

Oh no!

He must consult his mother, right? Could he convince her in time? Would she listen to a wild, aggressive man like him? Could the women trust men that much? Men that wielded swords, spears, knives, weapons of destruction? Men who went to war? A prince who was most likely just panicking in other people's eyes? No! He did not have enough time! His mother could never help him!

He must save his kingdom on his own!

The boy's heart filled with courage. At any other time, he would have stepped down at that moment, tried at another time. Tried to find a more strategic moment. A more strategic moment that did not exist!

But now, with the newly found wisdom that he had discovered in his elders, that he had absorbed into himself, he would save the Daemon Kingdom! He would save everyone, including his father, his mother, the elders...

Now the question was... who needed saving first? And how could he take on such massive groups of people, people with the intention to do things that no one would believe? He would have to rely on the knowledge of the elders in the hands... of the wild, foolish prince Kayzen. In the hands of a child, of a young man with the ability to manipulate people with the gentleness of a game.

He must play the greatest chess game there ever was. He must use his childish interest in games and fun and play... to create tactics so powerful they could make even the sharpest knife... like the softness of his mother's hand gently guiding one in the right direction.

The direction of a king. Of the "newly crowned" King Kayzen.

And he did not yet wear his crown and yet he might as well have had it on the entire time.

MUST ADD KANJI LATER.

Sponsor

RabidFox
The Great Fox
Ireland

Post by RabidFox » Sun Jan 04, 2015 1:06 pm

Japanese: The Words of the Elders

NOTE: All characters are daemons. The setting is a world native only to daemons. This story is set in a medieval/modern period.

"When I was little, I used to play with peasants all the time." Started Kayzen, intent on arguing with them until they believed him. There was no way that one man could take on millions and millions of people... unless he had help. Even if that help did not understand that they were helping.

"That's no excuse, son." Darnuf shook his head, exhausted. Oh, the trifles of youth!

"Kid, that's just not possible. We're not going to get into this." Ordered one of the elders, trying to take on a light, casual mood.

"Oh, come on!" Said one of the youths. "You are starting to sound really ridiculous!"

"Hardly!" Barked an elder. "Hello, young fool! What in the world are you talking about?! He's upset! Remember?!"

"I actually care about what peasants think." Explained Kayzen.

"Perfect logic for a youngster." Announced one of the elders, gladly. "See, boys? You all think like that! Stop chiding him! It is hypocritical!"

"I don't think millions and millions of people are going to attack our kingdom!" One of the boys said, wide eyed.

"Do not lower me to the level of Prince Kayzen!" Scoffed another.

"Silence!" Ordered an elder, without success.

The youths kept demanding to be heard.

"There is no reason that we have to listen to this nonsense!" Said a young one. "I know that he is upset, but let's not encourage it!"

"This is not how to help one of your fellow warriors on a battlefield!" Command an elder, extremely angry. "You do not chide him! You do not scold him! That is not how you support a fellow soldier. If someone thinks there is a threat, they will panic! You must be gentle in your treatment of him. Stop acting like you know everything! It is only aggravating."

"Let us stop yelling so much." Instructed another elder. "It is only upsetting everyone."

"Agreed." Said an elder. "We need to calm down. We are starting to jump to conclusions ourselves. Like Kayzen's perceived ignorance by the young ones. No old man would find that ignorant. His particular words may be more than a bit foolish, but you'd all think the same thing if you would submit to the knowledge of your elders. We have already had a long..." The man's eyes narrowed, mysteriously. "highly informative talk with Kayzen. This is what he speaks of."

"No talk is long enough to convince someone of precisely what he thinks." Argued a youth. "Any of us, surely, could become shocked by the great knowledge of our elders, as we reach adulthood and finally learn your secrets, but we would not panic so badly. We would not think so complexly about the issue. It would be nothing more than a dirt misconception to us."

"Of course, child, but you're missing the point!" Hollered an elder, angry with the youth's defiance.

"Enough. Enough. Enough!" Ordered an elder, who had not been saying much. "No more yelling. No more hollering. And definitely no one better start fighting."

"We all need to get our heads back together." Commanded another, who himself had been talking quite a lot. "Now. Enough. All of you. Especially the young ones."

"Youth is for the young!" Called out an elder, happily. He appeared to be quite proud of Kayzen's new abilities to rationalize. "Now what you don't understand, Prince Kayzen, is that we are actually quite happy that you, not that you have panicked, but that you can think! That you can wonder about it. That you can actually see a threat in the peasants. It is something you have never thought before. You always make them out to be so harmless. Now that you see their intelligence more clearly, you can find them dangerous. Which is a good thing. They are meant to be ruled.

"See, Kayzen, we are the ones in charge. For a reason. You have always been softhearted. You have always made excuses for them is not what I am saying. You have always thrown yourself into the peasants, demanding that you understand them in ways that you don't. You have always played games with them and talked to them as if they were your equals quite frankly.

“It has always been sickening to us, but you were young, so it did not matter. The young will not suspect their companions of treachery. It is natural for the dog to play with the fox. But, one day, the dog will learn that he must hunt the fox and the fox will become his enemy more quickly than the dog will become his. The fox will feel fear. He will know fear. And to feel fear is to change more quickly. That is all that is happening to you right now. You are afraid. It is making you grow too quickly which is affecting your judgment.

"But who is it that you fear? Your father?" Asked the elder, kindly. "I really must know."

"I am not afraid of my father! I am afraid of the peasants!" Asserted Kayzen, still upset. "I am afraid of my father and I am afraid of the elders and I am afraid of all of my people simply because you will not do anything about it!

"I know from experience how you all make decisions. You all will not listen to my warning, I already know! Especially because of my reputation? No, that has little to with it at this point. It is simply because of how unbelievable their power is!"

"Kayzen, calm down. At least try to, okay?" Reassured one of the elders. "No one is going to attack us. It is impossible. Try as they might, they do not have the intellect required to make such a large scale invasion."

"But they do!" Kayzen was getting nowhere. "You do not understand! You must listen to me!"

"Boy, we do not listen to people unless they have evidence." Explained the elder. "That also goes for a king, even a little one like yourself. I do not think you have special powers simply because you are young. Yes, surely, the young do have knowledge that the old do not possess, but soon we will even have that. With all of the logic in the kingdom, you do not see anyone else panicking about a peasant revolt of the size you claim.

"I know what you think. I have heard your ideas over the years. Silly ideas of unbelievably powerful peasants taking on the entire kingdom in a mass of bloodshed not possible by such ill educated, badly equipped people. What are they going to do?" He questioned, with a type of respectful sarcasm. "Charge us with their pitch forks? Such weapons cannot hold out against swords and spears and knives and bows. And trained men that know how to use such weapons. It is ridiculous.

"You have warned us all of your life of things that are simply not possible. How could they do anything? It's normal, it is, for a child to think that his enemies are more powerful than they are. But, being a child, you have always taken delight in your enemies. You have never feared them enough. Especially the younger ones who do not understand, with the passing of time and the acquirement of age, that foxes must fear dogs and dogs must hunt foxes.

“I can say it all that I want, but you are not going to suddenly learn what that means. Not over three hundred years of growing up. Now that you have reached adulthood, we are sharing with you our secret knowledge and it is, to be expected, poisoning your mind. It is quite normal, Kayzen. We do not look at you strangely at all.

"But you must understand that other youths will definitely start questioning you. At least for a short time. They do not have your superior intellect, your superior courage and strength. They have not been raised their entire lives to be kings. They will, in great annoyance, intensely scrutinize everything you say for a time, and then they will submit to you as their new king. But they must learn why they should follow you. They cannot be expected to understand such a great thing so quickly.

"This is not a game, child. You come into the world of adults with the words of a child. You do not understand what you say. You must submit to the power of the elders and accept that you simply do not know what you are talking about. All the compassion in the world for peasants is not going to make you a genius on their people. It is simply going to make you weak. Something that your father and all of us have always tried to teach you.

"Even your peers, despite their youth, deeply understand your problems. You are too lenient on the peasants. You are a king. You should not side with them. Youth makes it impossible for a wild, aggressive, and powerful man like you to understand, but the people that you call your companions are really your natural enemies. Those children, those young men and even the young women... they are all your enemies. What if the man you always called your trusted comrade suddenly attacked you, finally realizing that he was a dog and you were a fox? He would start hunting you. He would be the end of you.

"Peasants are natural hunters. We are the foxes, they are the dogs. They destroy anything that threatens their way of life. Even kings. That is the way of the daemon race. We are all warriors, even the peasants among our race. They are hot blooded just like any other daemon. You cannot trust them. All beings are good at heart, but that does not mean that you can put a bird in the path of a cat. The cat will attack the bird.

"Think of older people as cats and birds, and young people as dogs and foxes. I am a bird. If I walk into the path of a cat, it will be my end. You are a fox. If you mingle with the dogs, they will love you in youth, they will play with you as puppies. But when they grow into adult dogs, they will develop a thirst, a blood thirst for destroying you. As a rich, wealthy man with great, endless power and a highly impressive lineage, the young peasant boys will turn on you. They are reaching adulthood today as well. They are over three hundred years as well. They have studied and planned and plotted as well.

"They are not your comrades. You must learn to abandon these silly thoughts that you have about your fellow daemon who live in the wilderness beyond our comfortable castle walls. We have been raised in civilization. These people have not. They know nothing of the way of the sword. But they can pick one up. And use it against you. What would you do if your trust in the peasants eventually cost you the life of your own son? What if you allowed your son to play with these peasants, and then one day you found him murdered in the grass?

"We may be old, but old people really do have exceptional wisdom. That is something you are still learning, boy. You may technically be an adult now, like your father said earlier, but you are still a vulnerable child until I teach you how to defend yourself. We protect our young. We protect our young with great ferocity. They are our future and they are our present! What good is it to survive if you cannot enjoy your present? You do not yet understand such things, boy. My words, you must admit, constantly puzzle you.

"Even now, after all of your in depth discussion with the elders, you must realize that you are being foolish." And then the elder was finished. For now.

MUST ADD KANJI LATER.

RabidFox
The Great Fox
Ireland

Post by RabidFox » Sun Jan 04, 2015 1:32 pm

Japanese: The Walls of Age

"Now think of me as a 鳥 [tori] (bird) and an old, peasant man as a cat." Instructed the elder. "I am in danger, am I not?" He asked one of the 他 [hoka] (other) elders.

"Oh yes, of course." The man made an odd smile, though, it looked uncomfortable.

"Those are daemon, 坊 [botu] (boy)!" Asserted the elder who talked of the cat and 鳥 [tori] (bird). "They are ferocious warriors! Peasant or no peasant, certainly, they can destroy you! This is all that you suspect. You are simply learning of the 力 [chikara] (power) they have that you did not previously understand. You are seeing them as more powerful, surely, but I have seen them that way for far longer than you. I already knew they were more powerful than what you had suspected. But it is not nearly as much 力 [chikara] (power) as you think.

"You are simply believing that they have all of this 力 [chikara] (power) because you are in shock. It is natural and normal. There is nothing wrong with it." Emphasized the elder, trying to calm the prince. "But that doesn't mean that I'm going to suddenly jump up and attack them for no reason. You are asking too much. You are wanting me to start a war with completely harmless and indeed innocent 人 [hito] (people).

"I cannot just mindlessly start attacking innocent, harmless men, women, 坊 [botu] (boys), and girls. They are 人 [hito] (people) too, like you assert. I am not so cruel and 寒 [samui] (cold) as you have always believed. You have always seen my ‘lack of respect’ for their intellect as a challenge to my compassion for those that are not privileged. That is not 真 [ma] (true). They are simply not as clever as you have always thought. I have learned in my age that these 人 [hito] (people) are indeed very clever, but simply not clever enough to be such an immediate and powerful threat as you claim.

"You do not need to explain anything to me." Reassured the elder. "I know how the 若 [wakai] (young) think and I know how you think, Prince Kayzen. I know what you think you think. There is nothing to your suspicions. It is all nonsense. It is all merely your own, personal outlook on 生 [ikiru] (life). It is something that will, thankfully, be changing soon. Completely and utterly. We will not allow you to think such foolishness anymore. You must grow into a leader and to grow into a leader requires that you be shaped into one. A son does not tell his 父 [chichi] (father) how to raise him and, in like, a 王 [ō] (king) does not tell his subjects how to educate him.

"What? Do you really think that I believe that simply because you are royalty, you can educate yourself?" Mocked the elder, respectfully. "That is impossible. A newborn 子 [ko] (child) can no more educate himself than a rock. And what of you now? Am I supposed to mindlessly listen to you simply because you just became an adult? Three hundred years or no three hundred years, you have never had the mind of a full fledged daemon adult. This mind is important in your development. It is important to your future as 王 [ō] (king), as ruler of our entire kingdom. I must shape that new adult mind. I must turn it into something great.

"You just now start learning our secrets and, like a 子 [ko] (child), you suddenly jump to conclusions about them. It is only to be expected. And it is only to be expected that such foolishness will end. I will teach you that you are wrong. It is ridiculous to think that a 子 [ko] (child) could teach such a 物 [mono] (thing) to himself. But once you learn this lesson, you will start thinking like us and you will start educating children all on your own. You will start teaching them all the same 物 [mono] (things). And, one day, your son will stand up to you like you are standing up to me now, and he will demand that you believe something that is, hopefully, not equally ridiculous." The man smiled, fond of Kayzen's reckless nature. "And you will not believe him either."

RabidFox
The Great Fox
Ireland

Post by RabidFox » Sun Jan 04, 2015 5:08 pm

Japanese: Muteness

"Then when that day comes, there will no longer be any such thing as 恐 [osoreru] (fear)!" Proclaimed Kayzen. "My son, who will be the future king, will never feel 恐 [osoreru] (fear) ever! He will rise to become a great warrior, a great, almighty daemon! He will not be held back by the ignorance of 古 [furui] (old) men, constantly held back by the greatness of their 真 [ma] (true) wisdom!"

One of the elders gave him a thoughtful look. "真 [ma] (true) passion, 若 [wakai] (young) Kayzen. Admirable certainly. Tell me, 子 [ko] (child), why do you think such things anyway? Obviously, you do not believe us that we already know, so I might as well give into the small details that I honestly don't understand."

"What you don't understand is that you just have to listen to me! I don't have time to explain, damn it!" Cried Kayzen, ferociously. "They are already on the move!"

"Kayzen, what you say is ridiculous!" Informed a youth, unmoving.

"Damn it!" Yelled Kayzen, devastated.

"Son, you must provide clear, definite proof before I go into someone's 家 [ie] (house) with a spear and impale them." Warned his father, compassionately.

"I heard them talking about... how much they couldn't stand us... Oh, it all sounds silly! Silly if you just listen to it for five minutes. Everything I heard took 所 [tokoro] (place) over hours and hours and hours, and days and days and days, and weeks upon weeks! Months even! And then over three hundred 年 [toshi] (years) of a life! How am I supposed to translate all of this instantly?"

"Don't you think we would have heard it if they had been saying it for over three hundred 年 [toshi] (years)?" Questioned an elder. "I do know what you actually mean. You're talking about having some kind of exceptional understanding of their culture, of their language that we actually don't have. I find that impossible, of course. You're just a 子 [ko] (child), obviously. Why would you have such special knowledge? And how? You talk of information that people will not know for thousands of 年 [toshi] (years) to come. These things are not possibly known by such a small and ignorant 子 [ko] (child). Nevermind me or any of the 他 [hoka] (other) elders. Any of us."

"You will suffer if you do not do something!" Cried Kayzen, feeling completely helpless.

"Kayzen, I think it is time for you to return to your 室 [muro] (room)." Announced one of the elders. "You are under too much stress and there is simply no talking to you. You are not going to listen and a man who is frightened to death has no business doing business." He turned to a group of youths accompanied by a few elders. "Take him away. Do not allow him to be alone. We do not want him trying to take off and getting himself into horrible trouble. Also," He turned to the group as a whole. "We must make certain that there are no 他 [hoka] (other) blood thirsty 若 [wakai] (young) daemons who cannot handle sudden revelations. Any youth suspected of panic must be secluded immediately. We don't want 若 [wakai] (young) boys suddenly grabbing swords and flying into battle with innocent peasants. Or anyone else for that matter.

"Do not worry, 子 [ko] (child)." The elder comforted. "You are a daemon. War is only natural to you. It is of no concern to your people that you should feel the need to destroy. We all do. Even our women. It is natural to us.

"Now take him away." Commanded the elder.

"No, damn it! You don't understand! No-o-o-o!" Kayzen's warning fell on deaf ears.

RabidFox
The Great Fox
Ireland

Post by RabidFox » Sun Jan 04, 2015 5:22 pm

Japanese: The Impossible

"Kayzen." It was the 声 [koe] (voice) of his 兄 [ani] (big brother). The boy who had tried to fetch him earlier when he had left the party. Jarvunis.

"兄 [ani] (big brother)?" Kayzen's 頭 [atama] (head) shot up, taking in the sight of his 兄 [ani] (big brother).

"I 聞 [kiku] (hear) that you think the peasants are going to attack us?" Asked Jarvunis. "No, don't say anything. I understand. You think... they are already attacking us, I know."

"You don't believe me either!" Seethed Kayzen.

"Of course not." Jarvunis shook his 頭 [atama] (head), sadly. "I am sorry to see you consumed by such stress. It finally got to you, huh? All the pressure of becoming a 王 [ō] (king)? I knew it would. I'm not surprised at all. I told them they were being too hard on you."

"That's not true! That's not what it is!" Insisted Kayzen.

"Don't worry, 弟 [otōto] (little brother). There is no need for me to do anything now. Everyone is upset since you started claiming that there was some kind of peasant revolt. No one will bother you anymore." But Jarvunis still shook his 頭 [atama] (head). "However, you will eventually have to return to the Great Review. Even if only out of boredom. 生 [ikiru] (life) must go on. But don't worry. Everyone really understands, they do.

"Father has already spoken to Mother. She also knows. She offers you her condolences and wishes that she could be with you now. However, the women are not allowed around the men until they have fully passed into adulthood. It is ceremonial ritual." Jarvunis sounded as if he despised such a rule.

"She would never believe me." Kayzen lamented.

"Kayzen, there is nothing to believe." Insisted Jarvunis, trying to rationalize with his 弟 [otōto] (little brother).

Kayzen's eyes were full of pain. He looked up at his 兄 [ani] (big brother), his 頭 [atama] (head) tilting up slowly. "You will see... if I do not do something about it, I assure you on my 生 [ikiru] (life)... you will see."

"If such a thing were true," Jarvunis tossed up his hands. "You would have told us earlier. No one can be that foolish."

"I can." Said Kayzen, hanging his 頭 [atama] (head) in shame.

"That's not true, 弟 [otōto] (little brother)." Comforted Jarvunis. "You're not that foolish." He smiled. "No one is." He sat by his 弟 [otōto] (little brother) on his bed, putting a hand on his shoulder. "Everything is going to be alright. You'll see."

Kayzen knew that was not true. But, alas, no one would listen to him. He had already tried to explain, in extensive detail, what he had heard. There simply was not enough time. No one had believed him.

"I can't stand it." Kayzen felt so miserable. The damage that could be done... was endless.

Jarvunis didn't stop smiling, having no idea what horrible truths lay in Kayzen's mind. "It's going to be okay, 弟 [otōto] (little brother). You'll calm down soon. You'll realize that it's simply in your mind."

Kayzen could only wish such a thing were true. But, unfortunately, it was not.

RabidFox
The Great Fox
Ireland

Post by RabidFox » Sun Jan 04, 2015 5:31 pm

Japanese: Apprehension

"And you think this will be the 終 [owaru] (end) of us?" Jarvunis asked, after listening to Kayzen's story.

"Of course!" Cried Kayzen, holding his 頭 [atama] (head)
in his 手 [te] (hand).

"Kayzen, that all sounds so silly. It doesn't make sense at all." Jarvunis admitted, honestly.

"But it's true!" Insisted Kayzen.

"But it's so silly!" Asserted Jarvunis, holding his 手 [te] (hands) out to his 弟 [otōto] (little brother). "It doesn't make any sense."

"It does if you know what it means. You just don't understand!" Kayzen would not be comforted.

"Oh, 弟 [otōto] (little brother)." Jarvunis sighed, unable to convince Kayzen of anything. "You just don't understand. You are a very foolish person, yes, yes, yes, indeed. Let's not keep using the word 'fool'. It doesn't illustrate anything if it's the only word you keep saying. You are... shall we 言 [iu] (say)... very spirited. You have a lot of... of heart, Kayzen. You are a wild, aggressive man who battles everything in your path. Anything that moves is your target. You will attack anyone, anything. You will strike anything down.

"You are a clever and powerful warrior, certainly, but you're so passionate about 戦 [ikusa] (war) in a way that others are not. You have this intense love for blood shed that, frankly, even I have never understood. It's just all... so ridiculous, Kayzen. You don't even begin to understand how immature you are. Even compared to me, I mean it's obvious to me, you 言 [iu] (say) the silliest things. You never hear yourself talk.

"Kayzen, you're ridiculous. You are so demanding and arrogant and just downright violent... why would anyone listen to you if you had thought that you heard someone 言 [iu] (say) something so off the wall? It's normal for a person like you to suddenly explode and start believing such nonsense. At a 時 [toki] (time) like this. A 時 [toki] (time) like this when stress is mounting so high for everyone. Me included. Father, the elders, Mother even. Hell, even the women are up in arms. They don't want their boys be treated so harshly. They don't want us to grow up into adults. They just want to mother us. Even the women are saying really ridiculous things.

"Why should we listen to you? Silly, little Kayzen. The Wild Prince of 火 [hi] (fire)." Asked Jarvunis. "It's just not logical."

Kayzen lowered his 頭 [atama] (head), unsure of what to do. 時 [toki] (time) was running out. He had no plan. No one believed him... and no one could help him other than himself.

RabidFox
The Great Fox
Ireland

Post by RabidFox » Sun Jan 04, 2015 5:47 pm

Japanese: A Need For Proof

"Kayzen." Jarvunis began.

"Maybe there is some 他 [hoka] (other) way I can explain." Kayzen attempted.

"There is nothing that you can 言 [iu] (say) that will convince me of that." Insisted Jarvunis.

"You must know." But Kayzen was stubborn. "I was with the peasants earlier. They talked of things that were just so... random. 奇 [kushiki] (strange). Nonsensical. I didn't think they had the intellectual ability to act out such treachery. It didn't bother me, because I have always thought of daemons as people that wish the worst things on their enemies... in a very... constant and total way. And just don't act any of it out because...

"Because they care about people ultimately. I don't know how to 言 [iu] (say) it. It just seems like people's 頭 [atama] (heads) are always filled with violence. Like people are always plotting against each other and they do it because they 見 [miru] (see) it as harmless. They 見 [miru] (see) it as just 語 [kataru] (words). But these people are 怒 [ikaru] (angry) and they don't even entirely understand just how 怒 [ikaru] (angry) they are. They have been talking war, Jarvunis. They do not entirely understand that, even now. That is my point. That is why you all don't understand."

"Kayzen, that doesn't make any sense!" Demanded Jarvunis, simply trying to calm his brother.

"No! It does!" But Kayzen would not relent. "You have to understand just what they said and just what they were thinking! It is obvious to me now that not only do they have the 力 [chikara] (power) to act, but the will to carry out such actions as well! I thought them just blowing steam, saying awful things just to 言 [iu] (say) them! But now I know... that they may even be planning consciously and just don't want us to know!"

"Oh, Kayzen." Jarvunis threw his arms up in the air, exhausted. "If people wanted to kill us, they would just kill us already." Asserted his brother, finding Kayzen's silly, childish fantasies ridiculous.

"If you only could have heard them for yourself..."

"Then just tell me already!" Ordered Jarvunis.

"I will." Assured Kayzen. "I will continue to explain myself or fight or whatever I have to do to protect my kingdom!"

"When did you suddenly develop this 愛 [itoshī] (love) for your kingdom?" Asked Jarvunis, sarcastically. Everyone knew that Kayzen was a rebel.

"It is that 愛 [itoshī] (love) that I have always had for it and that you know is there! Do not pretend that it is not true!" Retorted Kayzen.

"You know that what I refer to is your inability to stop playing games with everyone and just grow up!" Explained Jarvunis.

"I don't want to 聞 [kiku] (hear) any of it!" Barked Kayzen, angered by the reference to his ill begotten reputation.

"How can I listen to such a wild and unruly fool like yourself?!" Reminded Jarvunis. "It just doesn't make any sense to order an entire army to attack millions and millions of people just because the upcoming loser prince had a suspicion he can't even prove!"

RabidFox
The Great Fox
Ireland

Post by RabidFox » Sun Jan 25, 2015 5:45 pm

Japanese: Thoughts Lost in Dreams

Kayzen looked out at the kingdom from his balcony. It was an entire world made of gold. Not gold in the sense of the metal, but the metaphorical gold. Sure, it was just as pretty physically, but it was the sky falling down on it all that emphasized the majesty of the great castle town. Kayzen felt sick. He felt like his entire existence was threatened. He could see no solution and he could feel no emotion other than sorrow. He was empty. He had... he had failed?

He would fail... he would fail...?

Would he...?

Kayzen studied the world before him, laid out in a beautiful, twisting labyrinth of roads and paths and homes and stores. He looked out at the people gathered around in the clearing before the castle, all of them having a meeting of some sort. He looked for his other brothers, of who he knew were not there. But he looked for them anyway. Helplessly.

Would they all die?

Kayzen was safe in his room, comfortably locked away deep in the castle. His brothers, he felt for sure, would be leaving soon. For the mountains or a great hill or some ridiculous cemetery. More ceremonial silliness, weakness. His eyes studied the roof tops, criticizing himself. After all of this was over, what kind of king would he become? If there would even still be a reason left to rule. If they survived, their culture at heart, as they were far too large a people to be destroyed... of what pride would be left... what would people say? Which of their kind would fall through the cracks, never to be seen again? Who would become a shadow?

Whose life would embrace the past and whose body would become a tomb for the future?

That was something a wise, old man told him once. A man who had not been so old when he himself had thought of such a thing. Wisdom to the young, he had said, was pure luck. But men like him would always get it, unlike poor, little, protected Kayzen. That man said that because he was a solider, a warrior. Someone unlike Kayzen who had to work for his food, for his right to live. That was what he had said. His right to live. Kayzen had always hated him for telling him that.

Kayzen studied the sky, the gold rushing in to meet the blue, white strips dancing across the expanse. Colors swirled around, swishing and turning and flying in circles. Pretty, pretty circles. Dying circles. The words of men, dead men talking in his head. The words of soldiers, of warriors, of men who had tried to train him in youth, but always said he had never learned so much as how to pick up a sword.

"You're a good fighter, sure." They had told him, one particular man had told him. "But you're a weakling. You can fight as hard as you want, you can dream as big as you can, you are surely one of the best swordsmen for your age. But brute strength is all you have. A weak quality in a true warrior. A disappointing lack of intellect, of tactical brilliance for the battlefield of life.

"You take your sword everywhere you go, and in this great mistake, oh my future king who will one day be as grand as I hoped in his youth, you will eventually, one day long from now learn that you wish you had not wasted my time so much, wasted your own time, wasted three hundred years dragging your sword through the mud of your violent ways. You are depreciated by all those who know you, because they lament the man you could have been."

And he would say then, don't you dare mock the drama of those words and the silence that should follow. You are a fool to write it here is how he had always thought. But then the man had told him to write it is one thing, but to silence it is another. And then that Kayzen was a fool for not knowing what that meant, for not understand all of the lessons that his teachers had tried to ram into his head about such a thing. What a fool, what a silly one, they would say. What a horrible, terrible, little coward of a man. So wrapped up he is in his violence, so like his father's bad side and unlike his father's good, that all he can do is cry for his mother when the real work comes. What a disappointment he is, but oh what a grand king he will become.

I have never seen such spirit, as is the little fox child, Kayzen.

MUST ADD KANJI LATER.

RabidFox
The Great Fox
Ireland

Japanese: The Greatest of Challenges

Post by RabidFox » Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:14 am

Japanese: The Greatest of Challenges

Kayzen was exhausted. He could no longer fathom what it was like to have a glass of water. Bread was being denied to him. Water, juice, milk, and bread. Well, he could have just a little bit of milk. Jarvunis would not object to that, nor would any "Grand Elder".

"And what will you do when they arrive?" Asked Kayzen, in a secretive manner.

"Who arrive..." Started Jarvunis and then, just as quickly, Kayzen interrupted.

"Do not pretend to know nothing of what I speak of!" Ordered Kayzen, invigorated. "It is THEM that I reveal to you now!

"I have had time to think about it!

"They will be the end of you surely!" Asserted Kayzen. "Your own men set out against you. You always neglected your true position... your true power! If only you had listened to me, none of what has been building up would be able to resist falling. This is the fault of you and your kind. But alas, Brother... Not too guilty is you, but do not forget that you were most certainly apart of it. Part of it too? As well? Hell no!

"Part of it and nothing more! Other than the word 'used'!

"You have been warned! May god have MERCY on your soul."

MUST ADD KANJI LATER.

RabidFox
The Great Fox
Ireland

Post by RabidFox » Mon May 15, 2017 6:38 pm

The Games of Nevin (As Gaeilge)

The following short stories take place on a planet much like Earth. They occur during an era with both Victorian and modern elements. All characters are daemons: Humanoid people with pointy ears, fangs, claws, and commonly spiky hair. All of the stories tie together to form one single, interconnecting story.

Part of the Doctor Arturur series. It is set three years before the events of the main series.

The Pixie King

Nevin was roaming the sráideanna (streets) of Gideon, a sráidbhaile (village) in the ruling nation of Warren. Nevin had been spending a lot of am (time) in Gideon when he normally spent most of his laethanta (days) in Sairenof, the capital of the tír (country). Nevin was a noble and he had lived in Warren his entire life. Sheltered and hidden away from the rest of the world, the bándearg (pink) pixie was soft-hearted and spoiled. He rarely left Warren, and had little contact with anyone outside of his borders, especially peasants.

Nevin was very ard (tall), had spiky bándearg (pink) gruaig (hair) and narrow gorm (blue) súile (eyes), and wore fada (long), bándearg (pink) robes that only pixies of his particular ceann (head) type could wear. Unlike flat-haired pixies, Nevin perfectly looked like an imp from hell. His aghaidh (face) was fada (long) and his features were very playful and cruel looking. He was definitely not a fear (man) that you wanted as an enemy.

Despite that Nevin regularly visited the different sráidbhailte (villages) in Warren, he wasn't always allowed. A mischievous óg (young) fear (man), he was constantly getting into trouble and sometimes he was supposed to be being punished when the pixie would slip away unnoticed and hide in a neighbouring community. Nothing anyone ever tried worked, and Nevin never respected the rules. He loved to twist them to his own purposes, but he couldn't stand the idea of being truly controlled.

Gideon was a place he could escape to. Another sráidbhaile (village) like Capricino would have been an awful destination, at least when he was in trouble. The daoine (people) there were very strict and when they got angry, they got angry. Capricino was infamous for having fir (men) with very olc (bad) tempers. So infamous that even Nevin would avoid the place if necessary. That and it just wasn't any fun unless the bándearg (pink) pixie was pitting them against someone from a different sráidbhaile (village). Daoine (people) from Capricino couldn't stand the slightest argument in their direction. It was as if they could do no wrong.

Eventually, Nevin would be found. But, in the meantime, he could do as he wanted. Which wasn't much at the moment, as he was terribly bored. There seemed to be nothing for him to do that (day), except the chaos that he had caused earlier. He knew that he would be given some kind of punishment, however, he didn't really care. Just so long as it wasn't too olc (bad).

RabidFox
The Great Fox
Ireland

Post by RabidFox » Tue May 16, 2017 9:50 pm

The Games of Nevin: Cornered (As Gaeilge)

The tricky, óg (young) nobleman was walking down the cobblestone bóthar (road) when he suddenly saw a vampire. He didn't look very sásta (happy) either. The pixie stopped, taken by surprise. Then he turned around and sped up until he found an alley and slipped inside. He started running, trying to disappear before the vampire realized that he was there. Soon, he was darting through a páirc (field), making his way towards the cover of the crainn (trees). Coill (forest) surrounded the little sráidbhaile (village), and he was just about to be safe until he saw another vampire waiting by the crainn (trees). In fact, there were several of them, and he noticed the others as they spotted him.

"Damn!" Cursed Nevin. He would have to try rud éigin (something) else.

So he swerved and took off towards another part of the coill (forest). But it didn't take long for the vampires to catch up with him.

"Nevin!" He heard one yell out. "Get over here!"

"Nevin!"

"Stop!"

"There he is!"

The pink pixie turned around, knowing that there was no escape. He frowned. He didn't want to go back to the caisleán (castle) so soon.

"Nevin!" The vampire slowed down to a halt, coming up close to him. "You are in so much trouble! You never listen! Now come on. This is enough. The mind cluichí (games) end here."

He took Nevin by the géag (arm) and lead him away. The pink pixie scoffed in disappointment.

"Oh, come on!" Said the pixie." You're blowing this all out of proportion."

"Really?" The vampire was sick of Nevin's attitude. "You just do whatever the hell you want and you think that gach duine (everyone) is making rud éigin (something) out of nothing? I'm tired of arguing with you all the am (time), Nevin. And I don't feel like it right now either. Now we're taking you back to the caisleán (castle) and that's it. Your athair (father) can figure out what he wants to do with you."

The pink pixie glared at him. The vampire was ard (tall) and powerful looking. He had spiky, dubh (black) gruaig (hair) and he was wearing all dubh (black). The others were dressed similarly. All of them were soldiers.

RabidFox
The Great Fox
Ireland

Post by RabidFox » Wed May 17, 2017 3:05 pm

The Games of Nevin: Restless (As Gaeilge)

The bándearg (pink) pixie was in his seomra codlata (bedroom) in the caisleán (castle). He was standing straight, his arms crossed over his chest. His súile (eyes) glared at nothing in particular, and he was very feargach (angry). His athair (father), Lochlan, had already spoken to him, and it was nothing that he wanted to hear. You're in trouble, I'm sick of this, you're going to talk to your therapist, we need to try something nua (new), blah, blah, blah... As far as Nevin was concerned, his athair (father) could go to hell with the vampires.

He raised an géag (arm), súile (eyes) moving to his open palm. The pixie studied it, then made a fist. His súile (eyes) returned to their previous position.

"How am I supposed to have any fun if everyone just keeps spoiling it?" He growled, talking to himself. He was alone. "I should have went to Capricino and made them think that Father was after them arís (again). That would teach him and those damn vampires to leave me alone."

The óg (young) nobleman looked around his seomra (room). He was trying to plan something, anything... to just find some way to escape at his next soonest opportunity. This was what Nevin was like. This was why everyone was so worried about him. He just kept thinking of ways to avoid other people's control. No one could get him to listen. No one could get him to calm down. No one could help him. It wasn't that Nevin was completely out of control and a danger to himself. It was just that every duine (person) had to fit into a community and the bándearg (pink) pixie was always rebelling against everyone as much as possible. Yet it was without creating a serious threat to himself.

Nevin was overwhelmed. After all the trouble that he had caused that (day), he only wanted to be left alone. He had te (hot) cosa (feet), and he greatly desired to be off somewhere else indulging his own hyperactive emotions. Anywhere was better than the caisleán (castle) right then. But alas it was a wasted effort. The soldiers had closed off the hallways that lead to the outside. All the exits were locked. Nevin would have to find some other way to entertain himself.

He walked over to his art deasc (desk) and sat down. It was large, fada (long), and made of sturdy, dark wood with a beautiful finish. On the deasc (desk) there was a comic book that he had been making. He opened it up to the next blank page. It was already bound and all he had to do was fill in prepared cearnóga (squares) and dronuilleoga (rectangles).

The pixie glared at the page as if it was one of the vampires. He growled, touching the páipéar (paper) with the tip of his quill and drew an image of himself. The image was grinning and he looked like he would never stop.

RabidFox
The Great Fox
Ireland

Post by RabidFox » Fri May 19, 2017 2:44 pm

The Games of Nevin: A Stubborn Man (As Gaeilge)

In the room, there was a deasc and two cathaoireacha. One cathaoir behind the deasc and one on the other side. Nevin was seated in front and a bán pixie was seated behind. Syrus, a much older fear and renowned for his powerful ability of self-control, was ag amharc down at the deasc top. His hands were folded on the wooden surface and he appeared to be deep in thought.

Suddenly, he labhair, throwing Nevin off guard. The bándearg pixie jerked in surprise.

"Am passes and you get more and more defiant..." He started, calmly. "When does it end, Nevin?"

"I have no idea." Replied the óg nobleman, honestly.

"How déanann you expect to be a good, solid leader if you're constantly ag briseadh all of the rules?" Questioned Syrus, already feeling defeated.

"Smaoiním that I am a good leader already." D'fhreagair Nevin, only mildly irritated by the whole thing.

Syrus took a moment. "You are constantly bending the rules, and you just laugh and deir that you've done nothing wrong." His súile met Nevin's. "But the reason there are rules is because they are not meant to serve as jokes. You are not fooling anybody. You are not getting more and more powerful. Déanann you tuigeann?"

"No." And he didn't.

"You deir that all the am. It's always 'No'." Replied the bán pixie, trying to be patient. "Don't you smaoiníonn that you need to finally tosaíonn ag rá 'Yes'?"

"But I don't understand." Insisted Nevin, simply.

"The world is full of things that I never feiceann you baineann." Continued Syrus, sadly. "I would think that a fear of your creative and ingenious nature would take great pride and happiness in so many ways that you always ignore and dismiss.

"I have seen you age over the years, and it just amazes me. It's baffling how such a good síceolaí, múinteoir, and mathematician can pass up endless opportunities to expand upon their career. But you déanann it, Nevin. You déanann it effortlessly. You make me wonder what we rinne wrong when you were younger. Why rinne we fail? Why is raising you so deacair?

"It's just a puzzle to me, Nevin. I can't stand it. I don't want to watch you act like this any more."

"You deir all of those things as if I've done something reproachful." Interrupted the bándearg pixie.

"And you haven't?" Syrus raised a brow, his voice expressing surprise. "You're ag déanamh everything right and getting all good grades and you never take advantage of psychology to imríonn pranks on daoine?"

"There's nothing wrong with a bit of fun." Nevin was ag tosú to become annoyed.

"We're not talking about a bit of fun." a dúirt the dochtúir. "This is not a bit of fun. You are continuously angering everyone around you as if ag déanamh so doesn't matter. You have your co-workers coming up to me demanding for you to be fired. Déanann you want to be fired?"

"No..." Nevin trailed off into silence, finally feeling a little shame.

"You act like you're Arturur." Commented Syrus, a smile almost forming on his aghaidh. "Now if this was the Prince ag déanamh all of this, what déanann you smaoiníonn that I would say...? Absolutely nothing. You are a láidir, capable fear. Diego's mac is a frail, lag little boy and doesn't have all of the spite and unbridled rage that you have. A toddler ag imirt mind cluichí with me would never matter. But you déanann not have the mind of a small child. There's a big fear in that silly ceann of yours." He d'amharc down then.

"It's a shame that Arturur still lives in Wendell. But that's no excuse for not ag tuiscint something so fundamental and basic." Syrus chas away. "Nevin... you know... it really doesn't matter, it really doesn't. I know that you're not ag déanamh anything horrible. Even I find a lot of it funny and I always will find your mind cluichí absolutely hilarious." Then he chas back to face him. "However, there is a am for play and there is a am for seriousness. And you need to foghlaimíonn where the line is. I know you can't feiceann it. I know. But that's why I want to help you. I want to help you feiceann how you're ag déanamh things wrong and I want to help you fásann up."

"You are making me feargach." Admitted Nevin, glaring at the dochtúir.

Syrus didn't say anything for a moment. "I don't want to make you feargach. I really don't. I just want you to be sásta. Fixing your problems is part of that."

Nevin became silent, but it was éasca to see that he was very upset. Syrus looked unhappy as well.