Welcome to the World of Feila!

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

New to the forum? Get started by reading general information about Feila and the rules of the forum.

Need help? Send a private message to RabidFox. The staff is always willing to assist users with questions and problems. There's also a thread for how to role-play.

Don't be shy. Feel free to start posting when you're ready. We have a friendly community that is more than happy to welcome you and invite you to role-play. And don't worry about all the informational threads! You only need minimal knowledge to role-play. There's no need to do lots of reading.

Role-players wanting to write role-playing posts under five sentences, see the One Liners board.

Check out our announcement forum, The World Court, for important information about what's going on in our community.

Want to chat with other Feilans? Check out our Discord server!

Where am I? (Darkkitsune)

This is where all of the medieval Domus role-plays are archived.
Larcen
Duke
Species: Coyote

Where am I? (Darkkitsune)

Post by Larcen » Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:12 pm

In describing the scene, let us begin by quoting a famous author and poet.

"Upon the sea the sun was shining
Shining with all his might...
And this was odd, because it was
The middle of the night.

...You could not see a cloud, because
No cloud was in the sky:
No birds were flying overhead--
There were no birds to fly."

But there requires more description of where we, or he, the character, or maybe even they are. The eyeball trees were in full bloom and long, curling stalks of pinkish-greenish grass waved in the wind. Flocks of clear, winged orbs whiffled silently through the air, circling around various ruins and disrepaired monuments. In the distance, something that could be seen but not described called out to nothing, that the nothing might hear and answer it. The sun, more yellow than green and more green than gold, shone directly overhead in the deep purple sky, while the stars - fancy pointed ones that you only really saw in paintings - twinkled vibrantly. There was no wind, but the grass waved one way while the sea waved the opposite. The only structures besides the ruins were just as odd as the rest of the surroundings, for they were naught but individual rooms which, if you looked at them from the outside, were missing the wall that you were looking at them from. But if you went inside, all of the walls were quite there.

Jesse wandered along the seashore, which was devoid of shells until he thought to look down for one. He knew that somehow he was upside down, but so was everything else, so no matter. The problem was, he was alone. Well, not quite alone, but we'll let him talk about that later, for he knows what he's talking about, more or less. The coyote also knew that he was lost.

Unbeknownst to our protagonist, he was really lying in bed in his room at his parents' home, and had not moved for about two weeks now.

But let's stop our heads from spinning, shall we, and bring some sense to all of this nonsense. Jesse Keller was currently comatose, wandering around in his own mind. He had been found in this state by an unknown good Samaritan, robbed of everything but his clothes and a sketchbook that had had his family's address written on it. This do-gooder had returned the lad to his family's farm, explaining what had happened. When he failed to wake, Jesse's parents had put up flyers requesting the services of a mage, or someone, anyone who might be able to bring their son back from his own world and into the land of the waking.
Last edited by Larcen on Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." --Groucho Marx

You say 'fundamentalist' like it's a bad thing. X3

Sponsor

darkkitsune
Duke

Post by darkkitsune » Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:36 am

Rif and Alice show up at the farm house, talk to the parents and are hired to bring back their son from the shadows of his mind. Rif sets up a room in the adjacent room to the boy and lays the four blades of elements, two on each side of him then the blade of shadows in front and the blade of Cipher in back of him. Before using the spell that will allow him to enter Jesse's mind, he summons two guardian foxes and conscripts them to guard the blades. After he activates the spell and enters Jesse's mind.

Alice, a young, light brown fennec vixen that has two tails, walks over to the bed that has the sleeping, young coyote, places her hands on his head and shifts into her spirit form and enter the realm of Jesse's mind.

Alice appears couple of meters away from Jesse, the young fennec that enter his mind turned into an older fennec, searching this world for Rif to guide him to her.
A nogitsune beast with a crescent shaped tat comes out of the forest by the seashore. Alice not wanting to frighten the boy, goes by Jesse and says, "My name is Alice and this is Rif a kitsune, can we be friends?"
"Let's light them on fire some morrrre."
Group of ninja burst into flames...again

If any of the stories that I am in need revising, please PM me, so that I make the changes. Because I would like to have the stories make sense and flow better. (In the PM tell which story needs changing and how, please?)

Feila IRC Chat

Image I, insert name DESTROYED Feila *Evil laughter*

My Characters

Larcen
Duke

Post by Larcen » Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:18 am

Jesse jumped, nearly losing his glasses. He looked at the fox-like whatsits and stepped back at their request for friendship, turning an ear away in confusion. After all, "I don't know you..."

He paused as his own words struck an epiphany. His eyes widened as he stared at them. It was not because of their unusual appearance - he had become quite used to far stranger things in the past weeks. A smile slowly built on his face as his tail wagged ecstatically. "I don't know you! And you aren't puppets, so I haven't just forgotten you; I've really never seen you before in my life!"

He ran off, bounding around the area and laughing hysterically at his good fortune for meeting them. If he had ever learned how, Jesse would have turned a cartwheel, he was so happy. He then regained his composure and returned to the pair.

"Sorry, heh. Yes, let's be friends; I'd like that. I'm, I'm, uh...wait, I know this one, hang on. Jesse. Jesse Vincent Keller. How, how did you get here? I can't find the door where I came in - no, wait, we're outside, so I must have come out here. But wait, I thought I was outside before I came here. Of course, I wasn't awake when it happened...just woke up in this place. I know there's a door someplace, but it's far away and I don't know where. That's where I have to get out, or in, or...sideways or something. It's really confusing." Alice and Rif would have to forgive the coyote - he never was quite in his right mind. Of course, he was currently more in his mind than ever, but that did not make it right.

Jesse scratched his jawline almost in the same manner of a feral dog. He hoped the newcomers to this strange world knew something he did not - which was hard for him to fathom, because somehow, he knew almost everything about this place; how he knew that, he did not know.
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." --Groucho Marx

darkkitsune
Duke

Post by darkkitsune » Sat Mar 20, 2010 2:16 pm

Alice needed to think, There are many ways to wake up a mind that is locked, which one to try first. Well, I guess getting some information first. "What are the puppets?" Alice questioned.

Rif didn't like this mind at all, but there was a job to do. Alice was more of the guide in these matters, his job would be protect Alice and Jesse from any harm until the boy woke up. How long that was going to be was up to the boy. He had to laugh at the boy at the reaction they received. The puppets didn't sound very good but only time would tell.

If any of the stories that I am in need revising, please PM me, so that I make the changes. Because I would like to have the stories make sense and flow better. (In the PM tell which story needs changing and how, please?)

Feila IRC Chat

My Characters

Larcen
Duke

Post by Larcen » Sat Mar 20, 2010 3:26 pm

Jesse cocked his head to the side. "What do you mean, 'what are the puppets?' You haven't seen them?" But after giving some thought to Alice's question, Jesse figured that maybe they had just got here, and he was the first one they had met. "They're everyone I know. Heck, they're everyone I ever met. In fact, you're the first ones I've met whom I don't know. Except now that we're introduced, I can say I do know you, sort of."

Taking a few steps to the side, he held up a paw. "Here, I'll let you meet my mom." No sooner had the last word been said than a small patch of ground in front of him began to shake. A paw burst forth from the dirt, then the rest of the body emerged. It was another coyote, a female, and about twenty years older than Jesse. The figure looked like Jesse's mother, but her fur was matted, as if artificially sewn on. Her flesh was not soft, rather, it was as if she were a hollow, lifesize wooden doll of herself, with pins in the joints. Strings were attached to various parts of her body like a marionette, except that they pointed downward into the ground.

Then the doll spoke. Her muzzle moved up and down, but the tongue remained fastened hard to the lower jaw, rather than move like a living tongue would. "Hi, there! This is my son, Jesse; he might not be right in the head, but he's a good boy, and smart, too." Then the puppet stopped moving and hung there, eyes not fixed on anything, as if the life of it had been shut off.

Jesse sighed. "You can try talking to her, but it's not worth it. Only things she'll say is stuff I've already heard before I came here. It's like she's not really listening. Everybody's like that here." He brightened up and turned toward the newcomers again.

"That's why I was so happy to finally find somebody with real skin on. I guess I should welcome you to...uh, well, I'm not sure where we are, really. Welcome, anyway!" he smiled.

darkkitsune
Duke

Post by darkkitsune » Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:45 am

Right, wecome...so how do we begin... Both foxes look at each other for a second have a 'what did we get ourselves into' look. Alice coughs, then says, "We...um, we are grateful for that...but we want to know all about you. What do you remember about yourself?"

Feila IRC Chat

My Characters

Larcen
Duke

Post by Larcen » Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:09 pm

After Jesse turned his attention deficit back to the vulpines, the lifeless puppet of his mother shrank back into the ground again. The dirt sealed over the hole, as if it had not been there at all.

The coyote blinked at the pair's reaction. It appeared he was losing his new friends with his nuttiness. Focus, Jesse. Try to talk some sense for once, he thought to himself. The only problem was, in this place, anytime he talked to himself in his head it always--

"FOCUS, JESSE. TRY TO TALK SOME SENSE FOR ONCE." --came out audibly. It was still his voice, but carried on the air as if spoken by God, not through his mouth. Jesse cringed, tucking his tail between his legs.

"Sorry. That happens. Someone must be reading my...never mind." He lowered his eyes, embarrased. Nobody could really be reading his mind; that was ludicrous. He had to be paranoid to think that. In reaction to his sudden feeling of inferiority, all of the eyeball trees nearby bent their branches to stare at him. Little by little, clouds began to form in the sky.

That was one problem with Jesse. He knew he was crazy, and his depressive side drilled the notion in further. Several other disorders swirled in his head, but this one was currently relevant. But hold on, new friends did not want to associate with furs who felt bad about themselves, so Jesse pulled himself together.

"Um, ok. What do I remember? I don't know, what do you want to know? My name's Jesse; I remember that. I'm a coyote, twenty-two years old, the son of Dale and Renee Keller. I'm supposed to be a genius but I can be a real idiot sometimes. They say I'm practically mad, but I control it well enough, I guess." He scratched again--even though in his mind he technically had no dandruff, old habits died hard.

He sat down, lying back against the trunk of a tree, which had shifted its gaze away from him again. "You can sit down if you like. Just don't pick anything," he warned in regards to the fruit that hung at the end of each branch, "It doesn't taste that great, and it leaves a bloody mess until the next eye grows back in." He looked from the foliage back to the foxes.

"I just...I'm not sure what you want to know. Can you be more, you know, specific?"

darkkitsune
Duke

Post by darkkitsune » Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:07 am

Alice flinched when the loud voice came down from heaven, it didn't hurt it just surprised her. Well, that was very enlightening. She looked over at Rif, who looked bored with all this questions that weren't getting closer to the answer. Rif said, "Don't you know that your trapped in your own mind kid?" If looks could kill, Rif would have been dead instantly. Great!! Blunt as usual Rif Then much to her surprise, he answered in her mind, Yes, but will it help in getting him closer to his door? That is the question of the day. Yes, it seems even here we share minds with each other. Rif's thoughts enter her mind. "Here is the next question kid...What do you fear?" Rif questioned Jesse.

Feila IRC Chat

My Characters

Larcen
Duke

Post by Larcen » Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:44 am

Jesse did a double-take, hitting his head on the tree. Of all the nonsense he had experienced as of late, Rif's words won first prize. Fortunately, the daggers Alice stared into her compatriot allowed Jesse to shrug it off without hurting himself wondering how he fit inside his head. Besides, even if he did accept that fact, there was still that door he had to find to get out of his mind. Well, some might say that Jesse was already out of his mind, but this was a different context.

The next question raised the scrawny canine's hackles. "Fear? Why do you ask? I mean, if you really must know, I'm afraid of..." he sighed. "Spiders. Yeah, I know, it's a stupid phobia. Another good one is losing my mind, in various ways. Or what I might do if...uh...you don't want to know. No, really, you DON'T want to know." He flicked an ear, dismissing the willies. They would know soon enough.

"Besides, heh. We don't have to worry about any of that, because all of that kind of stuff is in the dark place." Jesse laid his ears back in fear. "We, we don't have to go to the dark place, do we? It's bad there. I don't like how I get when I'm there." He shuddered and stared at nothing in particular - that blank, tense stare of one who was afraid of his own self. Far off in the distance, a scream wailed from a gloomy patch on the horizon - the dark place itself.

After saying those things, however, Jesse realized something, something he did not like to realize. Closing his eyes and furrowing his brow, he lamented with a fair measure of sarcasm, "Of course, knowing how my luck works, that's exactly where the door is, isn't it?" He did not really know, but intuition had served him well.

darkkitsune
Duke

Post by darkkitsune » Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:42 pm

Alice looks at Jesse then at Rif. "That just might be, but we don't need to think about that now...but, we might want to get out of this area, because if that puppet came out when just talked about then..." Alice looks around frantically.

Rif also came to the same conclusion and was already making preparations by summoning the other blade spirits, three blades appeared with in three glowing mystic seals. After the blades transformed into three being. One of the being, an otter with dark brown fur and a wave tattoo on his back holding a long yari, another being a flying squirrel with silver fur and a leaf tattoo on her back holding a pair of Tessen or metal fans, and the last was like fire, his head fur had three colors red, orange, and yellow. His body fur jet black belly and orange on his back. His paws was also black, like soot. While he didn't have any blades, his aura radiated from him like heat. He also had a tattoo, of a flame on his back. All three bowed down to Rif.

Feila IRC Chat

My Characters

Larcen
Duke

Post by Larcen » Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:15 pm

Startled by the elementals, Jesse scrambled to his feet. He had no idea what was going on, and instinct nearly caused him to run away. Then they bowed to Rif, showing no intent to attack, so he calmed down a little. He waved nervously at the trio, then thought out loud to spare them another booming voice from nowhere.

"I don't think it's possible to get away from all of the puppets, but they're usually friendly. But if you want to leave this area, the closest destination is the church lands, over at the edge of here. I seem to find a lot of answers there. Plus, I'll tell you about the stuff we come across on the way, if you want." He picked up a foot as if getting ready to start off. "Shall we?"

darkkitsune
Duke

Post by darkkitsune » Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:50 pm

"Hey Jesse, don't be afraid. These are the spirits of the blades that are with me. You have Brink the otter over the element of water, next you have Sam the Flying squirrel over the element of air and final..." Rif explained, each bowed to the coyote when their name was called. Then, "My name is F'r, Wild F'r over the element of fire," the feral cat pridefully explained bowing. Then the otter whacked the cat with the handle of the yari. "Oooowwww, you did that on purpose, you stinking...oooowww...hey, stop...ouch... stop that you...you demon otter you."

"Hey, you two stop that already, that's enough." Alice exclaimed then she moved the earth around both of them. "We really need to get going before this area is covered with shadow of death...oh, I mean..." Alice covers her mouth and looks at Jesse innocently.

"Well, you heard the lady we better head. Jesse how about I give you the best seat of the house." Rif calmly said, "now hold still and don't move around." With one of the tails, Rif grabbed the coyote around his middle and gently placing Jesse on Rif's back close to his head. "Now which direction is this church area? Oh, and Alice you probably want to release the boys before we go." Rif headed in the direction that Jesse dictated.

Feila IRC Chat

My Characters

Larcen
Duke

Post by Larcen » Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:04 pm

Jesse brought a paw to his face at the elementals' antics. Rather than venturing forth on a wondrous quest, aided by an otherworldly alliance of formidable magic warriors, this was more like traveling with The Straw, The Coal, and The Bean. Now there was a story forgotten since he was a kit. In response to his reminiscence, one of the winged crystal balls flitted near him. Inside its transparent body was reflected the pages of that morbidly humorous fairytale. Apparently the orb thought he might like to have a re-read - at least what he remembered. Jesse brushed - well, more like flailed it chidingly away, and it fluttered off.

When Rif mentioned "the best seat of the house", Jesse pulled an ear back, confused. But before he could say, "What do you mean, best seat in the--" he had been grabbed and lifted into the air by something fluffy, and upon further examination, attached to the kitsune's kiester. Some flailing and confused gibberish ensued, then he found himself atop the fox's back, his eyes the size of saucers. Another orb hovered near, this time reenacting an experience with a young Jesse being thrown from the family's horse. It might well be deduced that these creatures relayed mental images from their host's memory, and they did quite well in suggesting that the coyote was afraid of falling off - there was not even a bridle. To avoid this end, Jesse hastily dismounted, nearly tripping.

"Th-thanks for the offer and all, but uh, yeah, I'd prefer to use my own feet, ya know?" he smiled sheepishly. "Besides, you can't really walk to where we're going. Well, not all of the way, anyway." With a theatrical flip of the wrist, he pointed upward. "That's right. Well, first we have to actually get over to the ladder, but that isn't far."

To avoid any insistence on the part of Rif, he began walking at a brisk pace. Strange how his legs never got tired here. Come to think of it, he never really hungered either. There was probably a good explanation, but it lay in pieces.

The first landmark on the trip was one of the dilapidated statues. The decapitated likeness was of a cattle dog clutching a stringless zither. His expression (if one looked at the head on the ground) suggested a tormented life, wracked by demons. If it were not for the expensive robes he wore, one might have thought the creature to have been a lunatic worse than Jesse himself. The latter stopped in respect.

"Hmph. It's strange. Every one of these statues is wrecked like this, and they're all things I used to like, but now don't. Like this guy. Only a teenager, but he was an incredible musician, top of his career. Played songs you couldn't dream of." At this sentence, music started to emanate from the statue:

"...Darkness found it's home
Inside this wounded child
With eyes that bare a soul
Scarred by the fears that hide a smile

Aaahh
AAAAAAHHH

Where are you now?
Where did you roam?
Lost in the plains of my soul

Rivers of tears flow through the years
Lost in the deep six again

I come to you, baby, scared and alone
Lost in the tears of my soul..."

Jesse continued over the music, his voice reflecting a sad empathy for the dog. "I used to travel with him; drew up posters for his concerts. Then he began to spiral downward and went completely mad. Last I heard they locked him up in some Gawainian prison for biting a constable."

He stood there, staring at the effigy, paying respects to the fallen musician. The ladder to the church lands was in sight. "Anyway, better keep going. Good song, but it'll drive me nuts."

Die Happy - Tear Gallery(specifically 3:55-5:30)

((And that's right, I just made a Kirjath cameo appearance, and am proud OF it!))

darkkitsune
Duke

Post by darkkitsune » Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:01 pm

"What, did you say that all this statues were of things that you liked but don't now? So what your saying is that this is where your dreams are but broken?" Alice asked, "Are there any that aren't broken? Before we go to the next area, I think that we need to search for the key or crystal of this area that might help in opening the door. Only you know what it would look like though." Alice and the others looked at the coyote expectantly.

A ladder? How does he expect me to climb that? Well, I have other means to getting there. A quick change will solve that, but I can't have any other form when in a mind then that of a beast. Maybe I can be smaller... Rif thought in his head, then there was a mystic symbol on the ground under him. *poof* He became a smaller version of himself. "Well, I am ready to...go...? No, Alice suggested that we look around first, and I'm talking out loud aren't I...NO, Alice please don't, don't hit me...I'm sorry...OUCH!!" Alice hit Rif on his little head, the ground dented be the force of the blow, his eyes dizzy and lump formed where Alice hit him.

Feila IRC Chat

My Characters

Larcen
Duke

Post by Larcen » Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:01 pm

Interesting; Alice had a point. Jesse looked around. "You know, that's half true. There's only one way to prove it. And if we can prove what I think we can, then maybe there is a secret to how I got here." He had not considered the possibility of the door being locked, but it made more sense than most of this realm.

He turned around just in time to hear Rif get what came to him. He covered his muzzle with a paw to hide a toothy grin and shook with silent laughter. Bending down to the crater that held a certain waylaid kitsune, he laughed, "Knowing when to keep your trap shut is half the battle, Rif. The other half is doing it."

While the miniaturized fox gathered his brains back together, Jesse pondered. Rif's injured state prompted an idea. Jesse approached the flying squirrel, still unsure of how to conduct himself. "Uhm, if you could do me a favor, please? Just take a quick fly around and see if you can't find a certain statue. Just testing a theory here, but it'll look like me, just a couple decades older and standing next to a bandaged fur lying in a bed. Thanks in advance, if you could. But uh, it's no big deal. If you don't wanna, I can look myself."

He then came back to Alice to explain. "If...uh, what's-their-name air elemental can find that, it'll prove what you said. But let's wait until he finds it, or doesn't."