Welcome to the World of Feila!

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

New to the forum? Get started by reading general information about Feila and the rules of the forum.

Need help? Send a private message to RabidFox. The staff is always willing to assist users with questions and problems. There's also a thread for how to role-play.

Don't be shy. Feel free to start posting when you're ready. We have a friendly community that is more than happy to welcome you and invite you to role-play. And don't worry about all the informational threads! You only need minimal knowledge to role-play. There's no need to do lots of reading.

Role-players wanting to write role-playing posts under five sentences, see the One Liners board.

Check out our announcement forum, The World Court, for important information about what's going on in our community.

Want to chat with other Feilans? Check out our Discord server!

A Quiet Entity

This is where all of the medieval Domus role-plays are archived.
SophieTheRabbit
Count
Species: Rabbit

Re: A Quiet Entity

Post by SophieTheRabbit » Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:10 pm

Lexy's eyes grew heavy, nothing of interest filled the scene of dead night. Eventually everything faded to black. Needless to say the night was cold and uncomfortable, leaving a certain fur rather grumpy come morning. Lexy sat there in her awkward slumber, her fur illuminated by the orange glow of the sun rising in the distance. Her balance formed by her back lodged into the window frame and one leg dangling down to the streets below.

Her eyes slowly forced themselves open from an irritable banging close by. Looking down, after a groan and a stretch of course. Lexy looked in the general direction of the noise pollution, only to see a group of furs hammering at the entrance of the inn. She took a deep breath ready to shout her insulting demand for silence; after all Lexy treasured 'peaceful' sleep where ever possible. That was before the flare from the sunrise reflected off a sword attached to one of them. Holding her tongue, she lifted herself into a crouched position on the windowsill, paw at the ready as it gently rest on her cutlass. She waited slowly reaching for her bag attempting to grab some rope, just in case.
Brother: Hey Sis', want a carrot?
Me: No thank you.
Bro: Come on, Rabbits love carrots.
Me: Don't be so stereotypical Rabbits eat other things to!
Bro: Ok, ok, don't have to get touchy. Sheesh.

Later that day...
Bro: Hey Sis' what's that you're eating?
Me: Carrot cake.
Bro: Pardon?
Bro: What cake?
Me: CARROT.......*glares evilly* I hate you sometimes, you know that?

My Character

My Characters
http://twilightus.net/feila/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5652

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

Sponsor

Blackfox52
Peasant
Species: Fox

Post by Blackfox52 » Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:40 pm

Harold blinked a bit seeing the large set of silverware as he sat down. The Fox watched as the red wine was poured into the man's glass,"You act as if I do it out of pure poverty....while I do not have much coin, I'm merely a traveler and work has been well....far and wide t'put it lightly." He said licking his lips at the thought of a large meal. "There is nothing of real value of me other than I'm a simple Fire Mage apprentice." The Artic Fox's ears soon flattened gently as the aroma from the kitchen was that of delectable foods being cooked and prepared.

Zylowolfos
Count

Post by Zylowolfos » Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:04 pm

Rio woke at the crack of dawn. Always had been an early riser. The night had been short, and restless for him. His sensitive ears picked up the loud mutters of the night wanderers, as well as the constant movement. Regardless of his fatigue, the young hybrid proceeded with his daily routine; taking a quick bath, trimming and grooming his thick fur, and brushing his teeth. He then proceeded to find his uniform for the day. Nothing too complicated, just a pair of black slacks and a light grey dress shirt. He rolled the sleeves of his shirt and put on his earring, only on his right ear. After a quick self examination, the hybrid grabbed his keys and some matches to light the candles in the tavern.

Rio locked up his room and casually strolled through the halls, trying not to wake any of his hungover guests. He went down into the bar area and began setting up for the day's activities while the sun slowly crept up over the horizon, setting the ocean a flame with a fiery orange glow. Today was, and would be just like any other day. Or so he thought.

Gauthar
Rogue

Post by Gauthar » Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:20 am

Mikhail took a sip of his wine looking at Harold who spoke of being a traveler, work being hard to find as well. He smiled some “Oh believe me what I was saying was there was a reason..not that you do it out of pure poverty.” A butler came out with a cup of hot chocolate setting it down before Harold the butler speaking towards Harold “Your drink sir Harold. Your meal will be out any second now.” He said taking a bow before returning to the kitchen Mikhail looked at Harold a bit “A fire mage apprentice? Oh well now that is something I would like to see while you stay here…maybe a little demonstration of what you can do. I have found magic in any form to be very intriguing.” He said taking another sip of his wine as the butlers returned to the dining hall

The butlers carried covered trays setting them before Harold and lifted them, under one of the covers was a large steak, a baked potato, and peas. Under the other was a large slice of blueberry pie with a bit of whipped topping on it. Sipping his wine he looked at Harold then towards the food “Eat up I do believe though if you are in need of work I can find you something to do. The butlers and maids could let you work with them cleaning the place up. Of course you would be compensated.” He moved a hand into his coat pocket taking out a few gold coins tossing them onto the table in front of Harold “Up too you till you decide to move on of course. And I’m sure you are wondering why I’m doing this right…well to answer it simply, everything happens for a reason some say..I was late for my meeting, ran into you outside a locked inn in need of assistance. Another reason would be I give you a job and you can take a bit of coin with you the next you decide to leave.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hearing moving along the floor inside Nick peered through the window, now seeing someone in the bar he looked back at the other’s motioning for them to stay there. It was just one person nothing he couldn’t handle…”Time to deal with this.” He stepped back a foot before raising up his right foot and kicked the door as hard as he could, the door beginning to break under the kick he shook his head “Hmph tough door…” twisting he used the same foot to kick the door once more knocking it off its hinges, the moment the door hit the floor he stepped inside his eyes looking towards the bar where the person was

Hearing the crash of the door from Nick the others began to walk towards the bar, they stood outside the door to prevent anyone from running out as well watch for any town guards that wandered by. Inside they could hear Nick speaking towards the person inside “I’m gonna ask this once. Where is the hybrid?” he flipped over a table with his left hand walking to the bar

Blackfox52
Peasant

Post by Blackfox52 » Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:16 pm

Harold blinked a little, sipping on his drink,"While that's kind of you to offer, I'm afraid I won't do simple labor tasks, nor do I plan on staying in this town for long." He said his stomach doing several flips at the sight of the food. He looked at the few gold coins on the table and took one up, biting it to see if it was real,"Hmmm well I'm an 'apprentice' still being taught, and if I tried any fire magic I'd possibly torch this building to ashes."

The Fox didn't take much time after testing the gold coin before he soon started eating his fill of the warm food, happy to not just having food, but well cooked food given to him! The Fox happily ate the steak and baked potato, then going straight for the pie.

SophieTheRabbit
Count

Post by SophieTheRabbit » Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:16 pm

Lexy silently observed the three furs as they loitered around the entrance, they seemed harmless enough. Her ear twitched as a door opened from the hallway behind her, but she tried to keep her attention on the 'guests'. They seemed to be just waiting, that was until one of them attempted to kick the door down, it was at that point Lexy knew the situation was bad.

She hooked the rope over a bracket that was above her window; accidentally knocking over a flower basket that was hanging from it. Luckily it landed in a bush making little noise. Gripping the rope tightly, Lexy leapt from the window and began running along the wall, arching down towards the door. As she closed in on the door the furs made there way inside, as they did Lexy launched herself over the door using the momentum to run along the other side. She passed a street light and leapt off the building the rope wrapping around it, this caused Lexy to swing around and move towards the entrance of the inn. She released the rope and flew foot extended across towards the fur on the left of the three.
Last edited by SophieTheRabbit on Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:08 am, edited 2 times in total.

Later that day...

My Character

My Characters

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

Kael
God
Species: Panther or Dragon

Post by Kael » Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:26 pm

Hasni snapped up as he heard the door crash from outside. He jumped up, stiff a bit from having slept in his scale armor, and grabbed his backpack. He rushed out the door to see what was going on.

He arrived to see the men move into the tavern. He heard them demand the hybrid, and saw their weapons. "Nothing good among them," He muttered. He passed his hand over his backpack opening and a pair of curved swords appeared in his hands. He descended the stairs.

'What in the name of Peloron is going on here?" He shouted at the invaders, his swords held ready to defend.
Why is it that, as a culture, we are more comfortable seeing two men holding guns than holding hands? ~Ernest Gaines

If homosexuality is a disease, let's all call in queer to work: "Hello. Can't work today, still queer." ~Robin Tyler

War. Rape. Murder. Poverty. Equal rights for gays. Guess which one the Southern Baptist Convention is protesting? ~The Value of Families

Did you hear about the Scottish drag queen? He wore pants. ~Lynn Lavner

Why can't they have gay people in the army? Personally, I think they are just afraid of a thousand guys with M16s going, "Who'd you call a faggot?" ~John Stewart

Soldiers who are not afraid of guns, bombs, capture, torture or death say they are afraid of homosexuals. Clearly we should not be used as soldiers; we should be used as weapons. ~Letter to the editor, The Advocate

Zylowolfos
Count

Post by Zylowolfos » Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:02 am

(Sorry about the wait, I've been in a high school Coma -.-)

Rio was startled when the door was kicked down so suddenly.

"I'm gonna ask this once. Where's the hybrid?" bellowed a commanding voice. Rio was puzzled and offended. He knew of only one hybrid around and that was himself. As Rio reached for the sword underneath the bar he heard a soft object hit the floor. A plant. When he looked over in the direction of the noise, he caught a glace of Alexia already leaping into action.

The fox wasted no time. He charged head on to the seemingly commander of the small fleet, hoping to buy himself some time before the authorities could show up and handle the rest. Something, however, in the back of his head told him that this would not be over so quickly.

Gauthar
Rogue

Post by Gauthar » Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:14 am

Sitting there finishing off his wine as the boy declined the offer but, what intrigued him the most was what he said about burning the place down to ashes “I take it you have no control over your magic? I must ask if you are an apprentice, who is your master? That is something I would of figured you would have…a teacher a master of magic to teach you to control your magic.” He set his glass down as the child ate his meal. Moving his hand up he summoned a butler to his side whispering into his ear before the butler bowed walking off with the other butler “Impressive though, if I had offered any other person they would accept the simple labor tasks.

“Well now that you are almost done…I do wish to see your magic still. I’ve arranged a target to be set up in the backyard I would be honored if you showed me what you can do. Trust me you have nothing to fear about burning my place down. I have that covered.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The three standing outside looked around some, the white wolf’s ears twitched some hearing the bush move a bit. “Damn vermin still running around.” He turned his head just in time to see the guy on the far left get knocked into the wall of the inn from what appeared to be a woman…as the man hit the ground in pain he drew his sword fast “Nick…that hybrid is out here.” The other man standing there twisted fast aiming a high kick towards the female’s head…being a black and white furred hare his kicks were devastating “We got her.” He yelled out towards Nick inside

The wolf held the sword out as the hare attempted the kick, he ran around them to try and get behind the female “Come along before you get hurt.” His eyes were cold as he swung the sword’s blunt side towards her lower back “You are gonna get hurt if you don’t come with us.”

Nick inside saw the phoenix come downstairs as well the hybrid behind the bar “There is one in here. Take both of them that way we aren’t mistaken.” His eyes watched as not only did the phoenix drew swords as did the hybrid “This is no way to fight.” The moment Rio ran towards him he grabbed the nearest chair flinging it right at him with great strength. Hoping that he could knock him back with it or hit the sword…his eyes keeping an eye on what the phoenix was gonna do “This doesn’t concern you, leave now.” His mind was thinking already of what would he do if the phoenix came down the stairs, there was a table in front of him he…ready to kick it towards the other if the other came after him

Zylowolfos
Count

Post by Zylowolfos » Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:49 am

Rio was quick enough to dodge the chair that was flung in his direction, and continue his beeline towards the leader. He definitely didn't want anyone to get hurt, but the bandits seemed relentless. Something ate at Rio, he knew that there were many Rumors of bandits and raiders searching the land for Hybrids to unlock some ancient power. Not only did it eat at his conscience, it also worried him that he was in danger himself. While his swordplay was vastly superior in comparison to many of the knights and guards in Domus, he knew that he couldn't protect himself from armies of ruthless bandits. Now was not the time to think too much about the subject.

Rio's charge picked up speed as he closed the distance. Although the came in a straight line, he had an ace up his sleeve. He would wait until the latter struck first, and then his plan would take action.

SophieTheRabbit
Count

Post by SophieTheRabbit » Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:10 pm

There was a rather unpleasant 'THUD' as Lexy's boot made contact with the fur in it's path. Needless to say, the momentum of the kick sent the fur hurdling towards the other end of the room. There was no doubt about it, that fur was out cold. As she made contact with the floor, the remaining force pushed Lexy forward into a break roll. She recovered a straight position rather quickly drawing her sword along the way. She turned to find herself being attacked by the remaining furs, luckily the arrival of the phoenix redirected the wolfs target. Lexy focused on the hare that was approaching fast. She twirled her sword so the blade faced the ground and crossed her arms so the edge would be first contact of the hares attack. The kick soon shoved Lexy into a nearby table, causing it to tumble over and stop her trajectory.

Lexy took a moment, but sat up rubbing her shoulder. She began laughing before shouting over to the rabbit.
"Is that all ya got!? I've seen kittens that hit 'arder than that!" Truth is it hurt, in fact it hurt a lot, but Lexy steadied herself and picked up her sword. "Now it be my turn!" She shouted, attempting to rush the hare.

Later that day...

My Character

My Characters

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

Kael
God

Post by Kael » Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:09 am

Hasni saw them attack Rio. Now he knew his enemies. He focused for a moment.

Wings of pure fire sprouted from Hasni's back, and his eyes lit up. He flung himself at the wolf, flying fast with his swords crossed in front of him. Mid-flight, those too lit on fire, though it seemed to not melt the swords the slightest.

He had the swords crossed for a reason, as it provided attack and defense.
Why is it that, as a culture, we are more comfortable seeing two men holding guns than holding hands? ~Ernest Gaines

If homosexuality is a disease, let's all call in queer to work: "Hello. Can't work today, still queer." ~Robin Tyler

War. Rape. Murder. Poverty. Equal rights for gays. Guess which one the Southern Baptist Convention is protesting? ~The Value of Families

Why can't they have gay people in the army? Personally, I think they are just afraid of a thousand guys with M16s going, "Who'd you call a faggot?" ~John Stewart

Soldiers who are not afraid of guns, bombs, capture, torture or death say they are afraid of homosexuals. Clearly we should not be used as soldiers; we should be used as weapons. ~Letter to the editor, The Advocate

Blackfox52
Peasant

Post by Blackfox52 » Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:19 pm

Harold finished up his food, savoring as much as he could at a nice, well-cooked warm meal. He looked to the man and quirked an eyebrow at the mention of his Master,"I do have a Master, he is merely not willing to show himself to most of the public eye. And...sigh, I suppose if you must see my Magic I will let you see me cast a spell, after all you did feed me." He said slowly standing himself up. "And I merely do not do simple labor task, my resources are better suited at a more....able to turn into ash problems, like goblins or trolls."

Gauthar
Rogue

Post by Gauthar » Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:39 am

Looking at the young fox as he spoke, his master not willing to be seen by public eyes. “I see well I do hope you are getting the training you need. From what I’ve read, magic sometimes has a tendency to backfire if not able to control it correctly.” Starting to stand up he listened to the child sigh “If I’m pushing it’s only cause I enjoy magic so, to see a demonstration would be quite the sight to witness.” He began to walk towards a set of double doors with the butlers there, opening them up it revealed a large ball room. In the middle of the room was a wood and straw figure. “Here we are…once done I think I may retire for a little rest…you may have more to eat, wander the halls or sleep.”

After his foot collided with the edge of the sword the hare brought his foot down, blood dripping from his foot as he looked at her getting up from the rubble “The way you used your sword to block that…not bad. My foot having that cut..gonna slow me a bit…” he hopped with his good foot keeping weight off the cut foot. As she rushed him his eyes looked at her sword then towards her eyes trying to see what she would do next

As Nick watched the hybrid dodge the chair and still come for him he licked along his lips “Hate to say this your sword doesn’t scare me..” as Rio came at him in a straight line he rushed towards Rio “Boys shouldn’t play with sharp objects. I’ll make you regret drawing a sword on me.” He got close to Rio, he crouched placing his hands on the ground, using his arm and leg muscles to launch himself towards the hybrid trying to tackle the other. “Come here.”

Moving his eyes over the fiery phoenix came at him with a set of swords on fire he narrowed his eyes the same coldness was there as he didn’t seem to fear the fire. Bringing his free hand down he grabbed his sword sheath, bringing it out he brought it up to block one of the blades..the force of the other flying towards him making him slide back. His nails dragged along the floor, as he was pushed the hand holding the sword twisted making an upwards thrust towards the bird’s chest. The heat from the fire making his fur singe a bit he kept his eyes locked with the bird’s eyes …his voice had a almost cold empty feel as he spoke towards the bird “Time to die, I was warned there was someone like you here. Clearly they over estimated your talents..”

Kael
God

Post by Kael » Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:29 pm

Hasni smirked and flipped over in mid-air, the sword glancing off his scale mail. He then looked at the wolf. "No, they did not." And smiled widely. He opened his beak...

A blast of flame came out of it to roar into a blaze right in front of him, meaning the wolf was at point-blank range.

"Try that on for size," Hasni said, and settled back into a defensive stance.