Welcome to the World of Feila!

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

New to the forum? Get started by reading general information about Feila and the rules of the forum.

Need help? Send a private message to RabidFox. The staff is always willing to assist users with questions and problems. There's also a thread for how to role-play.

Don't be shy. Feel free to start posting when you're ready. We have a friendly community that is more than happy to welcome you and invite you to role-play. And don't worry about all the informational threads! You only need minimal knowledge to role-play. There's no need to do lots of reading.

Role-players wanting to write role-playing posts under five sentences, see the One Liners board.

Check out our announcement forum, The World Court, for important information about what's going on in our community.

Want to chat with other Feilans? Check out our Discord server!

Just another Drifter (off the coast of Rennes, open)

This is where all of the medieval Domus role-plays are archived.
Andifferous
Marquis

Just another Drifter (off the coast of Rennes, open)

Post by Andifferous » Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:39 pm

Drem White took a deep breath as he leaned against the railing of the ship. Up here on the high quarter deck was the best view of the land as it slowly shrank into the distance. This wasn't the first time he had been on a ship, nor was it likely to be the last. Still he couldn't help but feel a little bit apprehensive about leaving his homeland behind. As the landmass faded over the horizon he turned about, surveying the large sailing vessel. The crew was going about their usual duties, while passengers milled about, all of it fairly typical for a ship like this.

Calmly he descended the stairs to the main deck, looking for a place to have a seat and relax. The trip to Edwin was often one accompanied by storms at some point or another, so he wanted to enjoy the warm sunshine and open air while it lasted. Up near the forecastle of the vessel he found himself a decent seat, an unoccupied bench that afforded a good view of the sea and a bit of the ship, though much of that was obscured by the creamy off white billowing sails and the tangle of ropes that made up the rigging.

As he surveyed the deck of the ship his ears perked under his broad hat, as he heard a commotion from the other side of the ship. one hand hovering near the hilt of his sword he calmly walked over to the gathering small crowd to see what the fuss was.
The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible

Sponsor

lxHowlxl
Count
Species: Wolf
Location: On my ship, the Rocinante, wheeling through the galaxies

Re: Just another Drifter (off the coast of Rennes, open)

Post by lxHowlxl » Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:01 am

"Hold him down!"

"Someone grab his sword!"

"Where's the captain for god sake?!"

Howl was now seriously regretting sneaking on this ship, being surrounded by it's angry crew. While his size alone was enough to intimidate some of the strongest furs, the psychology in numbers made it impossible for him to scare off the crew. The 6'10" wolf knew he was caught, and there wasn't much he could do.

His plan for getting on the ship was simple; sneak aboard it in the middle of the night, then wait for the crew to return and set sail, giving him a free lift. He had done so, and was prepared for days without much food or sleep, but lady luck had a different fate in store for him, as on the crewmembers just happened to topple over the abnormally large crate he was in, making him fall out right in front of them. After punching a couple of the men in the face and breaking their noses, he rushed through the ship, only to come out right on the deck with the whole crew waiting.

In defeat, Howl threw down his large bastard sword and raised his hands. Now being in his late thirties, Howl wasn't as willing to fight as he used to be. Though a tad embarrassed, Howl still managed a witty smile. "Alright, alright...you've got me. This'll be one hell of a story to tell, won't it?" He looked at the crew's faces, which were now filled with anger. "I was just hitchin' a ride; not like I'm some thief...as you can tell, I'm pretty conspicuous." He looked above the crowd (which wasn't a challenge for him), and watched as what seemed to be some sort of authority figure approach him. Please tell me he's got a sense of humor...
Proudly supporting our soldiers out in Afghanistan and Iraq. Get the job done, then come back home.

Join me on the RP discussion channel on IRC: http://widget.mibbit.com/?settings=bf36 ... la-Serious

I'm an admin there, so don't be trollin' while I'm around.

Kael
God
Species: Panther or Dragon

Post by Kael » Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:21 am

Humba had seen this commotion and took this advantage to cut a few purses. He was risking it at this early point in the voyage, but he needed to have a little to pay off the guards. He melded with the crowd easily, a practice born of being the thieve's guild Guildmaster for years. Humba saw the newest onlooker approaching with an air of power. He fell into discreet steps behind him.

Someone like this always has something good on him. He would get his chance to search him. For now he took out a throwing dagger to be ready.
Why is it that, as a culture, we are more comfortable seeing two men holding guns than holding hands? ~Ernest Gaines

If homosexuality is a disease, let's all call in queer to work: "Hello. Can't work today, still queer." ~Robin Tyler

War. Rape. Murder. Poverty. Equal rights for gays. Guess which one the Southern Baptist Convention is protesting? ~The Value of Families

Did you hear about the Scottish drag queen? He wore pants. ~Lynn Lavner

Why can't they have gay people in the army? Personally, I think they are just afraid of a thousand guys with M16s going, "Who'd you call a faggot?" ~John Stewart

Soldiers who are not afraid of guns, bombs, capture, torture or death say they are afraid of homosexuals. Clearly we should not be used as soldiers; we should be used as weapons. ~Letter to the editor, The Advocate

Andifferous
Marquis

Post by Andifferous » Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:39 pm

The canine quirked an eyebrow under his hat as he saw the large wolf give himself up. A stowaway sure, though he did seem to have a bit of sense. After a moment the ship's captain came over, looking rather cross. He grilled the wolf for a few minutes, threatening to keel haul him, to throw him overboard, lash him to the mast, all sorts of horrid punishments. Drem listened to all of this for a few moments before raising a hand in the air, coin purse jangling between his fingers.

"Captain." He spoke loudly but calmly. "If its such a huge issue I'll cover this fellow's fare myself." He said, much to the captain and crew's surprise. "I'm certain he would have paid you if he could after all." There was a moment of confusion before the captain headed back toward the bridge, gesturing for Drem to follow. The canine nodded, a bit oblivious to the thief behind him, as he started walking. Not that he carried much in the way of valuables in the first place.
The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible

lxHowlxl
Count

Post by lxHowlxl » Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:00 pm

Howl stood and took every word the captain threw at him, being in the NEF, he was no stranger to being yelled at. It was when the canine wearing a broad hat offered to pay for Howl that everyone diverted their attention and moved a little bit from Howl. Finally, some breathing room. After that, every parted, including the man who bought him his ride. "Well, this is awkward." Looking around, Howl slowly picked up his sword, returning it to it's sheath at his waist. Howl watched as both the captain and his canine "friend" disappeared inside the ship, and decided to wait for them outside, hoping to make some apologies and thank them for not throwing him overboard. His eyes scanned around the ship, eyeing anyone who was staring at him, and kept checking the door for anyone coming out.
Proudly supporting our soldiers out in Afghanistan and Iraq. Get the job done, then come back home.

Join me on the RP discussion channel on IRC: http://widget.mibbit.com/?settings=bf36 ... la-Serious

Kael
God

Post by Kael » Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:02 pm

Humba had stuck outside. Dang, now he was out on a loop. He saw the one who made the commotion. He discreetly jumped shadows to end up right behind Howl. He said, "Pleased to meet you, loud one. I am Humba."

He had put away his dagger. Yet he seemed ready for any kind of attack from any source. He always kept an eye out for trouble.
Why is it that, as a culture, we are more comfortable seeing two men holding guns than holding hands? ~Ernest Gaines

If homosexuality is a disease, let's all call in queer to work: "Hello. Can't work today, still queer." ~Robin Tyler

War. Rape. Murder. Poverty. Equal rights for gays. Guess which one the Southern Baptist Convention is protesting? ~The Value of Families

Why can't they have gay people in the army? Personally, I think they are just afraid of a thousand guys with M16s going, "Who'd you call a faggot?" ~John Stewart

Soldiers who are not afraid of guns, bombs, capture, torture or death say they are afraid of homosexuals. Clearly we should not be used as soldiers; we should be used as weapons. ~Letter to the editor, The Advocate

lxHowlxl
Count

Post by lxHowlxl » Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:11 pm

Howl nearly jumped in surprise as a rather sly fur popped up next to him, calling himself Humba. "So, you're the one I should thank for the near pissing of my pants." He turned to Humba, his hand resting on the hilt of his sword in a relaxed manor. "I'm Howl, though indeed loud, I don't think anyone's ever called me that." He scanned Humba up and down, and one thing resounded in his mind: Sketchy. "What brought you to this ship, other than the opportunity to pick more pockets?" Howl spoke in a tone that was trying to push the clever part of that statement, and not the rude part.

Kael
God

Post by Kael » Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:10 pm

"A first time for everything. And I dont see why I am here is of any import." Humba shrugged at this. Never really give anything away. That was his motto. Being a Guildmaster of the largest Thieves Guild meant something, but made him more problems then not.

Humba held out his hand. "a rather intriguing performance. How did you get aboard?" Humba was completely curious. He never did much stowing away, though he had a few nautical thieves that did so for thrils.

Andifferous
Marquis

Post by Andifferous » Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:10 pm

After a heated discussion Drem finally convinced the captain to let the stowaway stay. After handing over a bit of money, he came back over to the wolf. He gave a wary glance toward the newcomer, but turned his attention back to Howl.
"Well, You're paid up for this trip, though it isn't exactly first class. I got you what I could though." He smiles a little. "Just pay me back when you get the chance." With that he goes back to wandering the deck; headed for the bow of the ship.

lxHowlxl
Count

Post by lxHowlxl » Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:35 pm

Howl nodded as Humba asked how he got on the ship; someone his size 'ought to be spotted before he even gets within 100 miles of any place. "Well, I was a bit desperate, and didn't have any money, and I needed a ride out of Domus...so, after asking around, a barkeep around here told me that this ship was heading to Edwin. Naturally, I decided that if I didn't have the money, I would have to sneak aboard. I came at night while the crew was asleep and the nightwatch was busy playing cards, then found the biggest crate in the hold of the ship. I was staying in there when it got tipped over only moments ago, revealing my hiding spot. In fact-" Howl cut himself off when the canine from before walked out of the ship, smiling. He told him that he had paid for his trip, and asked that he pay him back when he could, walking off right after. Howl was surprised when he turned from him, and he hadn't even exchanged names. "Hey! Wait a second!" Howl walked up in front of him, his eyebrow raised. "That's it? You're just going to pay for me then walk off?" Howl rested one hand on his sword's hilt (in a comfortable, nonthreatening manner"), and the other he raised for a handshake. "The name's Howl. I'd like the honor of knowing the person who saved my ass."

Kael
God

Post by Kael » Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:13 am

[I got nothing, skip me]

Andifferous
Marquis

Post by Andifferous » Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:09 pm

Drem turned to face the canine following him. He politely accepted the handshake. "Just consider me a regular person who knows what its like to be in a jam." he says, His grip is firm, knuckles strong but heavily calloused from years of holding a blade.
"I go by the name Drem White." He says calmly. "Just another mercenary like yourself I assume." He adjusts his hat a bit, shedding a little more light on his face and mixed canine features.

lxHowlxl
Count

Post by lxHowlxl » Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:23 pm

Howl noted the ragged and firm handshake, probably from years of hardwork; they were exactly like his. "It's nice to meet you, Drem. I thank you for paying my debt here." When Drem implied that he was a mercenary, Howl shook his head. "I was in the NEF for a while, then I became a lumberjack, so the hilt of a sword is something I'm most acquainted with." Howl was able to get a glimpse of Drem's scar, and he frowned. "So I see you've had your share of wounds. Once again, I can relate. What say you and I have a drink together sometime? I'd like to hear about your wars."

Kael
God

Post by Kael » Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:24 pm

Humba moved off. They were friends, it seemed. He went out and navigated the crowd. He nabbed coinpurses and put them at the feet of some sailors. When someone noticed the missing purses, they cried that they were stolen from. Chaos ensued, and someone noticed that the sailors had the coinpurses. Angry shouts erupted and arguments were joined. Humba laughed. Just a little chaos to break up the monotony.

Andifferous
Marquis

Post by Andifferous » Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:35 pm

Drem nods a bit, listening to the wolf's career. "I might have to take you up on that drink." he says with a chuckle. Looking back he frowns a bit as he sees somebody causing mischief, snatching coin purses. Judging by the man's movements, he was a guild fellow... and a good one at that. He frowned, glowering under his hat, before taking a breath. If things didn't come crashing down on this thief on their own, he'd make sure there were some consequences.