Welcome to the World of Feila!

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

New to the forum? Get started by reading general information about Feila and the rules of the forum.

Need help? Send a private message to RabidFox. The staff is always willing to assist users with questions and problems. There's also a thread for how to role-play.

Don't be shy. Feel free to start posting when you're ready. We have a friendly community that is more than happy to welcome you and invite you to role-play. And don't worry about all the informational threads! You only need minimal knowledge to role-play. There's no need to do lots of reading.

Role-players wanting to write role-playing posts under five sentences, see the One Liners board.

Check out our announcement forum, The World Court, for important information about what's going on in our community.

Want to chat with other Feilans? Check out our Discord server!

A Trickster in the Forest (open)

This is where all of the medieval Domus role-plays are archived.
TravellingMerchant
Baron
Species: Red Fox

A Trickster in the Forest (open)

Post by TravellingMerchant » Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:19 am

OOC: Alright, I'm going to try something. Let's have an adventure, but let's try not to go overboard with different plots all at once.

IC: There was a forest nearby a small mining town. The villagers often tell tales of a mysterious figure that dwells within. It is said that if you journey into this forest, you will come across bad luck. Some people call it "superstition", but the townsfolk are sure that it's more than that.

Recently, kids have been disappearing, and the village is sure that whatever lives in the forest must be taking them. However, no one has the courage to enter....
My characters:
Valica Starclaw
Lurani Frostfur
Crusil Lakepaw
Aidan Firefang

My character Valica dreams of making a journal about all kinds of adventures she's had. Her journal entries are in the blog section. Go ahead and read!

Sponsor

Gosa
Thief
Species: Stegosaurus

Re: A Trickster in the Forest (open)

Post by Gosa » Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:49 am

Gosa was fed up with the villagers just refusing to enter the forest. He figured that whatever was in there wouldn't be any taller than him. So he donned him battle armour and sharpened his battle axe and long swords. He left his house and went towards the forest, many cuts tired to pursuade him not to go in but he was intent upon his task.

Kael
God
Species: Panther or Dragon

Post by Kael » Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:21 am

Jarmakla was in the forest sleeping. When he woke, he cursed. "Damned roots gonna destroy my back." He shifted his hides, picked up his greataxe, and streeeeetched. That done, he growled and moved off through the forest.
Why is it that, as a culture, we are more comfortable seeing two men holding guns than holding hands? ~Ernest Gaines

If homosexuality is a disease, let's all call in queer to work: "Hello. Can't work today, still queer." ~Robin Tyler

War. Rape. Murder. Poverty. Equal rights for gays. Guess which one the Southern Baptist Convention is protesting? ~The Value of Families

Did you hear about the Scottish drag queen? He wore pants. ~Lynn Lavner

Why can't they have gay people in the army? Personally, I think they are just afraid of a thousand guys with M16s going, "Who'd you call a faggot?" ~John Stewart

Soldiers who are not afraid of guns, bombs, capture, torture or death say they are afraid of homosexuals. Clearly we should not be used as soldiers; we should be used as weapons. ~Letter to the editor, The Advocate

TravellingMerchant
Baron

Post by TravellingMerchant » Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:21 am

As Jarmakla moved through the forest, however, there was a strange feeling that the trees were... moving. Suddenly, trees encircled him, giving him no way out.

A feminine voice giggled. "Why, hello! You look a little trapped there, don't you think? You might want to rethink going into this forest from now on!"

As Gosa thundered into the forest he suddenly found himself getting smaller! He shrunk and shrunk until he was about 5 feet tall. "You're a tall one!" exclaimed the voice which seemed to come from every direction. "Not anymore!" it said in singsong.
My characters:
Valica Starclaw
Lurani Frostfur
Crusil Lakepaw
Aidan Firefang

My character Valica dreams of making a journal about all kinds of adventures she's had. Her journal entries are in the blog section. Go ahead and read!

Kael
God

Post by Kael » Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:34 am

Jarmakla growled and took out his axe. "Right, and I'm terrified." With a roar, his axe burst into flame! He gave amighty swing, and cut every tree 'trapping' him down. He then roared, "Come out and fight, you COWARD!"
Why is it that, as a culture, we are more comfortable seeing two men holding guns than holding hands? ~Ernest Gaines

If homosexuality is a disease, let's all call in queer to work: "Hello. Can't work today, still queer." ~Robin Tyler

War. Rape. Murder. Poverty. Equal rights for gays. Guess which one the Southern Baptist Convention is protesting? ~The Value of Families

Why can't they have gay people in the army? Personally, I think they are just afraid of a thousand guys with M16s going, "Who'd you call a faggot?" ~John Stewart

Soldiers who are not afraid of guns, bombs, capture, torture or death say they are afraid of homosexuals. Clearly we should not be used as soldiers; we should be used as weapons. ~Letter to the editor, The Advocate

TravellingMerchant
Baron

Post by TravellingMerchant » Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:48 am

When Jarmakla swung his axe, he looked a little surprised when his axe cut straight through all the trees without so much as a hint of resistance. The trees that were "hit" faded away.

Behind where the trees used to be stood a 19-year-old vixen. Her heart stopped when the stranger spotted her, and she nervously stepped backwards, pinning her large ears back. She looked at him with terrified blue eyes.
My characters:
Valica Starclaw
Lurani Frostfur
Crusil Lakepaw
Aidan Firefang

Kael
God

Post by Kael » Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:53 am

Jarm growled. "So. Yer the trickster who has been annoying locals, eh? What do ye have to say fer yerself?" He had a rather odd accent, similar to sailor, but different.

TravellingMerchant
Baron

Post by TravellingMerchant » Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:15 am

"Eep! I'm sorry, I'm sorry!" the girl cried, tears in her face. "I wasn't hurting anyone, I swear! I was just keeping people away from the flowers, that's all!"

"I know what you must be thinking, 'I'm mad because this girl was toying with my mind. She doesn't even have nice breasts!'" she sobbed, slumping to the ground. She knew that she was in trouble. She could never explain why she becomes so timid when she isn't hiding behind her illusions.
My characters:
Valica Starclaw
Lurani Frostfur
Crusil Lakepaw
Aidan Firefang

Kael
God

Post by Kael » Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:41 am

Jarmakla's face softened. "Oh, if that's all. I can understand protecting nature." He deactivated his axe and reached out his hand. "Sorry fer the fright. Me instincts make me jump at anything out of the ordinary. Name's Jarmakla. Jarm fer short."

TravellingMerchant
Baron

Post by TravellingMerchant » Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:12 am

"H-hi, I'm Valica." she wiped a tear from her eye. She took his hand to stand up proceeded to explain. "There used to be a great field of flowers here, until those people showed up and built over much of it. So I disguised this part as a forest, and if someone was walking through, I would cause them to eventually end up back at the entrance."

"But, I guess it's time to stop this, now." She sighed sadly. The trees around them began to dissolve and fade away. The dark forest revealed itself to be a bright colorful field of flowers once again. "But the kids are still in danger," she told him. "Something took them into that cave over there." she pointed.
My characters:
Valica Starclaw
Lurani Frostfur
Crusil Lakepaw
Aidan Firefang

Gosa
Thief
Species: Stegosaurus

Post by Gosa » Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:27 pm

Gosa was obviously annoyed that he had been shrunk so small but he was prepared for this possibility and he got out of his bag a growth charm which grew him to 15ft which was obviously not his orginal height but it would surely do. He muttered to himself about wearing that damned protection necklace which he then put on to protect him from magical attacks.

"that's better but I will have to see a Mage later to reverse the spell."
He continued into the cave meeting up with those he had seen battling. "hi there I'm Gosa and I'm going after whatever has those kids, are you also?" asked Gosa

Kael
God

Post by Kael » Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:53 pm

"Kids... in danger..." Jarm dropped to a knee as a flashback raced through his head.

He had been the best fighter in his tribe. Everyone thought he was going to be chief. But then a small distinction, that of his wings growing, made him the target of every kid's taunt. It came to be that one day, he snapped. When he came back, he was standing over the bodies of two kids, cut in half, and blood was on his axe. He had run, and had never stopped since.

TravellingMerchant
Baron

Post by TravellingMerchant » Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:50 pm

"Hey!" Valica tried to snap him out of his trance. It obviously wasn't any good thoughts, from the look on his face. She looked worried. "Are we going to help them? Because I'm not strong enough to fight on my own, yet," she admitted, not sure if he was listening. She sighed. When was she going to stop messing around and actually get some training in? She always ended up relying on others in a fight.
My characters:
Valica Starclaw
Lurani Frostfur
Crusil Lakepaw
Aidan Firefang

Kael
God

Post by Kael » Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:09 pm

Jarm shook his head. "Sorry 'bout that. Reminiscing on bad times. Let's go save thos kids." He stood up and started going to the caves.

TravellingMerchant
Baron

Post by TravellingMerchant » Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:04 pm

She followed him, not sure what awaited them in those dark caverns. As they traversed the gloomy caves, Valica followed close behind, jumping at any sudden noises. She had to steel herself, she decided. How could she be a great explorer if she was this afraid of everything?

They entered a large room. On the other end stood two figures. One was a female kangaroo, with green, soulless eyes, dressed in a mage's garb. The other was a horse clad in chainmail, apparently a swordsman.

"Bring me the right girl!" the kangaroo shouted angrily. She looked over to the two who had just entered. "T-that's her! Get her!" She ordered. "And kill the other. We have no need for him." They prepared to attack.
My characters:
Valica Starclaw
Lurani Frostfur
Crusil Lakepaw
Aidan Firefang