Welcome to the World of Feila!

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

New to the forum? Get started by reading general information about Feila and the rules of the forum.

Need help? Send a private message to RabidFox. The staff is always willing to assist users with questions and problems. There's also a thread for how to role-play.

Don't be shy. Feel free to start posting when you're ready. We have a friendly community that is more than happy to welcome you and invite you to role-play. And don't worry about all the informational threads! You only need minimal knowledge to role-play. There's no need to do lots of reading.

Role-players wanting to write role-playing posts under five sentences, see the One Liners board.

Check out our announcement forum, The World Court, for important information about what's going on in our community.

Want to chat with other Feilans? Check out our Discord server!

A Trickster in the Forest (open)

This is where all of the medieval Domus role-plays are archived.
TravellingMerchant
Baron
Species: Red Fox

Re: A Trickster in the Forest (open)

Post by TravellingMerchant » Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:31 pm

"Alimentation pour le corps et l'âmes, la nourriture pour tous." she repeated in her native langue, language, Domish. "Okay, I got it. Thank you, Maya."

"Good bye, everyone!" she called out as she waved. She yawned. The food had given her energy, but she was still a little sleepy. She also didn't want to burn herself out tomorrow, so she layed down in her bedding and went to sleep, bidding her companion a good night.
My characters:
Valica Starclaw
Lurani Frostfur
Crusil Lakepaw
Aidan Firefang

My character Valica dreams of making a journal about all kinds of adventures she's had. Her journal entries are in the blog section. Go ahead and read!

Sponsor

Kael
God
Species: Panther or Dragon

Post by Kael » Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:46 pm

Jarmakla smiled at Val's sudden slumber. He stopped when Maya approached him. "Keep an eye on her," she said. "She will be semi-weak, but will heal up well. Also," Her voice dropped, "there seems to be a lot pivoting on both of you in the future. Keep her alive, or we may just be doomed." Jarmakla nodded, solemn and grave.

After Maya, Chill came up to Jarm. "Well, seems like we must part. But, you seem to be akin to me, in how we watch out for others with no regard for ourselves. That will come in handy later. Till we meet again, my friend, auf wiedersehen."

Slippy came right up to Jarm and stared into his eyes. "Stay safe, you big lug." and gave him a quick hug, slipping away before he could react.

Jarmakla waved the trio off, "We shalk meet again on the road someday!" They waved back, and were gone.

"What a strange group," Jarm muttered. He looked at Val, and decided to not sleep. Instead, he checked his wounds. Surprisingly, they were healed! He took off his bandages, and shook his head. "That mage..." He whispered. He set to the task of cleansing the rags, making sure to keep watch and to feul the fire.
Why is it that, as a culture, we are more comfortable seeing two men holding guns than holding hands? ~Ernest Gaines

If homosexuality is a disease, let's all call in queer to work: "Hello. Can't work today, still queer." ~Robin Tyler

War. Rape. Murder. Poverty. Equal rights for gays. Guess which one the Southern Baptist Convention is protesting? ~The Value of Families

Did you hear about the Scottish drag queen? He wore pants. ~Lynn Lavner

Why can't they have gay people in the army? Personally, I think they are just afraid of a thousand guys with M16s going, "Who'd you call a faggot?" ~John Stewart

Soldiers who are not afraid of guns, bombs, capture, torture or death say they are afraid of homosexuals. Clearly we should not be used as soldiers; we should be used as weapons. ~Letter to the editor, The Advocate

TravellingMerchant
Baron

Post by TravellingMerchant » Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:55 am

Valica tossed and turned in her sleep that night. "Why...father? ...Jarmakla... kill him!" she muttered in her sleep. The dream subsided and she slept peacefully again.

Sunlight splashed onto Valica's face the next day. The young vixen got up and stretched. Sleepily, she got up and greeted Jarmakla, "Morning," she smiled. "I hope you weren't waiting long for me to wake up." She turned and began packing up her things.
My characters:
Valica Starclaw
Lurani Frostfur
Crusil Lakepaw
Aidan Firefang

My character Valica dreams of making a journal about all kinds of adventures she's had. Her journal entries are in the blog section. Go ahead and read!

Kael
God

Post by Kael » Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:34 pm

Jarmakla had slipped into a light doze during the night, ready for anything. He had woken upon Val's nightmare, but went back shortly afterward. He had woken at first light, and started breaking camp as quietly as he could, which wasn't quiet at all, really.

"Mornin," he sadi when she woke. "Truly didn't care if I had. Ye sleep shorter than some of me employers."
Why is it that, as a culture, we are more comfortable seeing two men holding guns than holding hands? ~Ernest Gaines

If homosexuality is a disease, let's all call in queer to work: "Hello. Can't work today, still queer." ~Robin Tyler

War. Rape. Murder. Poverty. Equal rights for gays. Guess which one the Southern Baptist Convention is protesting? ~The Value of Families

Why can't they have gay people in the army? Personally, I think they are just afraid of a thousand guys with M16s going, "Who'd you call a faggot?" ~John Stewart

Soldiers who are not afraid of guns, bombs, capture, torture or death say they are afraid of homosexuals. Clearly we should not be used as soldiers; we should be used as weapons. ~Letter to the editor, The Advocate

TravellingMerchant
Baron

Post by TravellingMerchant » Sat Mar 17, 2012 1:23 pm

They continued on the path north towards Agincourt, beating up any bandits that attacked them.

"What's Agincourt like, or what do you think it's like?" Valica asked her friend curiously. "I've never been in a big city before."

They reached the top of a hill that overlooked the city. Valica stared wide-eyed in terror. The entire city was in flames, and the sounds of battle could be heard from where they were standing.
My characters:
Valica Starclaw
Lurani Frostfur
Crusil Lakepaw
Aidan Firefang

Kael
God

Post by Kael » Sat Mar 17, 2012 2:49 pm

Jarm responded quietly. "It's big, and very crowded. Tales say that it holds a little bit of everything. I don't know about that, but it has a lot. Also, muggers are very common."

When they saw the city in flames, Jarmakla sighed. "Why must war destroy everything? Nature abhors needless deaths..." He took out his axe, and moved towards the city. He kept an eye out for an army nearby.

TravellingMerchant
Baron

Post by TravellingMerchant » Sat Mar 17, 2012 4:26 pm

She followed behind Jarmakla, worried about what was happening.

They approached the ruined city. Valica saw two soldiers fighting each other. One was wearing the standard red coat-of-arms, while the other wore green.

"Eat this, traitorous scum!" the red one yelled, swinging his sword.

The other cried, "Never!" while blocking with his shield. "Our numbers are many. We will not be quelled so easily!"

Valica understood. "It's a rebellion," she said quietly.
My characters:
Valica Starclaw
Lurani Frostfur
Crusil Lakepaw
Aidan Firefang

Kael
God

Post by Kael » Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:11 pm

Jarm nodded. "Aye, seems to be. Now, Val, ye should get behind me, stick close, and whatever ye do, DON'T take sides. Civil wars end with ye either dead, or ye wishin ye were." He hefted his axe, but made himself as non-threatening as possible. Whatever the cost, if they decided towns weren't enough and fought and ruined nature, he would need to fight.

TravellingMerchant
Baron

Post by TravellingMerchant » Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:55 pm

"Y-yes, sir." Valica stayed nearby. Soon, the battle cries stopped, and it looked like the rebels had won, taking what was left of the city. The battle over, Valica treaded carefully through the town, watching the citizens put out the fires. She saw a
lion at a store counter and walked up to him. The store itself was in ruins. There was a distinct lack of roof above them. She bought a few supplies and had to ask, "What happened here, exactly?"

"A civil war just started." he responded with anger in his voice. "Western Army, Eastern Rebellion. The rebels destroyed everything in their path. The Army was too weak to stop them. Idiotic war."

"Can I help in any way?" She offered.

"Well, with the rebuilding going on in town, people'd appreciate any food, materials, or even a hand with the construction, but with things as they are now, they wouldn't be able to repay you with much." he told them, bidding them a cold farewell.
My characters:
Valica Starclaw
Lurani Frostfur
Crusil Lakepaw
Aidan Firefang

Kael
God

Post by Kael » Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:02 pm

Jarm had followed and nodded to the lion. "Yes, war does seem to destroy all involved, and those not involved too." Jarm had a deep sadness in his voice.

But, he left with Val to see the rebuilding already starting. "That's good. Too many armies rape and pillage after winning, not rebuild. They must expect a counter attack."

Jarm saw a poster that said, "Down with the West! Rise up with the East!" He let loose a puff of flame, burning the poster. <Damned rebellions, killing innocents...> He thought angrily.

TravellingMerchant
Baron

Post by TravellingMerchant » Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:40 pm

"Should we help these people?" she asked Jarmakla. "It's not like I'm taking sides or anything, I'd just like to help some people whose home was destroyed by a war."

"Either way, though, the inn's wrecked, so I guess we'll just make camp." she decided. She looked for a suitable campsite and began cooking with the few ingredients she had. She recently learned she could use magic in food, but she decided it would be better when they had more ingredients to test with.
My characters:
Valica Starclaw
Lurani Frostfur
Crusil Lakepaw
Aidan Firefang

Kael
God

Post by Kael » Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:53 pm

Jarmakla looked at her. "Gladly," he said. The campsite had cobblestones, but was rather sheltered. Jarm looked over, seeing a wrecked home nearby, with an old couple attempting to repair it. "I'll be back," he said, dumping his pack and axe. He went over, excused himself of the two old wolves, and went to work helping repair.

TravellingMerchant
Baron

Post by TravellingMerchant » Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:08 pm

She watched Jarmakla work as she cooked the stew. When it was ready, she poured it in several wooden bowls, then carried some to Jarmakla and the people working to rebuild. It felt so nice to give everyone the food she cooked up that she realized that she had none left for herself. Whoops. she thought. She didn't want to seem selfish so she just shrugged and went without food. She helped to deliver materials to the workers, bricks, stones, that sort of thing.
My characters:
Valica Starclaw
Lurani Frostfur
Crusil Lakepaw
Aidan Firefang

Kael
God

Post by Kael » Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:38 pm

Jarm noticed she had no food, so he gave her his bowl. "Ye need to keep up yer strength, lass. I can go without for a long time, but ye are only just back from the brink." He went about single-handedly hoisting logs most people needed at least 1 other person to carry. He was not even sweating yet, as these logs were like the ones his tribe practiced with while young, in order to build muscle. He had, at least before leaving, the record for for farthest single throw of a log.

He and the others worked quickly, and had the hole in the wall fixed and roof repaired in no time. The old couple thanked him profusely, but Jarm shrugged them off. "It was my pleasure. Can't stand seeing elders struggling alone," he said, respect in his voice. He bowed, and returned to camp, just before nightfall.

TravellingMerchant
Baron

Post by TravellingMerchant » Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:01 pm

She gratefully accepted the bowl, hungrily consuming the contents. She continued to work until nightfall, happy to help in any way she could.

She was exhausted, but still had enough energy to write another entry in her journal. After writing, a soldier came up to her. "What's your name, girl?" Before she could say anything he saw the name on her journal cover. He widened his eyes and ran off, giving Valica an ominous feeling that something bad was going to happen soon.
My characters:
Valica Starclaw
Lurani Frostfur
Crusil Lakepaw
Aidan Firefang