Welcome to the World of Feila!

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

New to the forum? Get started by reading general information about Feila and the rules of the forum.

Need help? Send a private message to RabidFox. The staff is always willing to assist users with questions and problems. There's also a thread for how to role-play.

Don't be shy. Feel free to start posting when you're ready. We have a friendly community that is more than happy to welcome you and invite you to role-play. And don't worry about all the informational threads! You only need minimal knowledge to role-play. There's no need to do lots of reading.

Role-players wanting to write role-playing posts under five sentences, see the One Liners board.

Check out our announcement forum, The World Court, for important information about what's going on in our community.

Want to chat with other Feilans? Check out our Discord server!

Caught in the Chaos (Private)

This is where all of the medieval Domus role-plays are archived.
TravellingMerchant
Baron
Species: Red Fox

Caught in the Chaos (Private)

Post by TravellingMerchant » Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:38 pm

A 19 year old fox was travelling on the road when a large group of armed men bearing a green banner marched up to her. Their leader stepped up to her forcefully grabbing her arm and holding a sword up to her neck. "Which side are you on, young female?" he snarled next to her face.

"Let go of me!" The young vixen struggled to pull away from the mean person with bad breath, but she wasn't physically strong enough to break free.

Suddenly, more solders appeared, bearing a red banner. "Ah ha! Western soldiers I see. Lay down your weapons or die!" They ordered the other group.

The leader of the green soldiers tossed the girl aside and the fight began. Valica attempted to sneak away from the chaos.
My characters:
Valica Starclaw
Lurani Frostfur
Crusil Lakepaw
Aidan Firefang

My character Valica dreams of making a journal about all kinds of adventures she's had. Her journal entries are in the blog section. Go ahead and read!

Sponsor

RasHeart
Marquis
Species: Jackrabbit
Canada

Re: Caught in the Chaos (Private)

Post by RasHeart » Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:51 pm

Erellan was the regiment's battlemage, standing in the ranks of the green-bannered group. He was assigned as a mercenary to be their mage until the war was over.

Legate Remus had attacked a young woman, holding his longsword up to her neck. "Legate!" Erellan cried. "What is it now, mage?" the legate asked. Erellan wsn't happy with the assault, the Eastern Domus Rebellion was to unify Domus, not assault Her citizens. "Legate, sir. That was a bad call. I suppose you should find her and apologize." Erellan professionaly stated. "And what of it, mage? Should I kiss up to the lass? The Rebellion has to instill fear in the hearts of the Domic, and that's what I intend on doing." Legate Remus sneered. "If you want to apologize to your...girlfriend, maybe I should let you go. LEAVE!" Suddenly the entire regiment was turned against him. Erellan stepped back, then sprinted towards Valica.

The 20 year old hare approached Valica, slowly, his body language assuring that he was not out to get her.

TravellingMerchant
Baron

Post by TravellingMerchant » Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:12 pm

The vixen picked herself off the ground, still shaking from the experience. As soon as she got up, she heard footsteps. Turning around, she saw one of the soldiers heading towards her. She inhaled sharply and stepped backwards, tripping over a rock. Now on her rump, she watched the stranger step carefully towards her. Valica nervously pinned her large ears back and stared upwards at him with big blue eyes. "Please, s-stay back! I-I know magic!" she stuttered, though she knew her magic was pretty weak.
My characters:
Valica Starclaw
Lurani Frostfur
Crusil Lakepaw
Aidan Firefang

My character Valica dreams of making a journal about all kinds of adventures she's had. Her journal entries are in the blog section. Go ahead and read!

RasHeart
Marquis
Canada

Post by RasHeart » Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:05 pm

"Hey, I'm not out to get you, lass." Erellan kneeled in front of Valica, assuring her that she was okay. The hare sat leisurely beside Valica, looking up into the sky. "Actually, I already got kicked out," Erellan stopped to chuckle, then continued "Only after 20 minutes of service!" Erellan got up, and called Valica's bluff. "Look, I know you're not good at magic. But I can help." Erellan extended his arm to help up the vixen.

"I'm going to teach you magic"

TravellingMerchant
Baron

Post by TravellingMerchant » Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:38 pm

She chuckled when he told the funny story, then widened her eyes when he offered to teach her magic. Is it so apparent how weak her magic was? She pondered for a moment. Sure, it'd be nice to get better at her magic skills, but why was he offering to teach her? Did he have some sort of agenda for her? Looking up, she grabbed the hare's arm and got up, shaking the dirt off of her long blonde hair and pink skirt. "O-okay, then." she agreed. "Oh, I'm Valica, by the way."
My characters:
Valica Starclaw
Lurani Frostfur
Crusil Lakepaw
Aidan Firefang

RasHeart
Marquis
Canada

Post by RasHeart » Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:36 am

"Pleasure to meet you, Valica. I'm Erellan." The hare was ready to jump in right away. "Let's get to work. I'm going to teach you a spell called "Foresight" first. It's an illumancy spell, something you should be good at. This'll help you avoid dangers, and not get yourself hurt." Erellan closed his eyes and breathed deeply.

"Follow along, please." Erellan paused, waiting for his mana to channel more powerfully throughout himself. He was ready. "Close your eyes, Valica. Imagine a wisp of red right in front of you."

TravellingMerchant
Baron

Post by TravellingMerchant » Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:03 pm

Valica listened to the explanation, nodding with understanding. The hare asked her to follow what he did, so she closed her eyes and took deep breaths, trying to calm herself down. After a few moments, she imagined a wisp of red. She waited for a little bit. Valica decided to ask, "What happens next?"
My characters:
Valica Starclaw
Lurani Frostfur
Crusil Lakepaw
Aidan Firefang

RasHeart
Marquis
Canada

Post by RasHeart » Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:44 pm

"Alright, now what's in front of you? Use your mana to see it." Erellan was following Valica every step of the way. "The wisp will manifest into what is in front of you, and a wispy outline of red will appear." Erellan did so, and a purple outline of Valica glowed in the blackness, right in front of him.

TravellingMerchant
Baron

Post by TravellingMerchant » Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:56 pm

Valica concentrated her mana, focusing. The red wisp in her mind began changing its shape. It was a little fuzzy, and she could make out what it was. She focused harder and the shape became clearer. It was in the shape of Erellan. "I think I see you now," she announced.
My characters:
Valica Starclaw
Lurani Frostfur
Crusil Lakepaw
Aidan Firefang

RasHeart
Marquis
Canada

Post by RasHeart » Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:37 pm

"Alright. So it's red. That represents a pyromancer's mana. When I have my vision trained on you, your outline is purple. An illumancer's mana. Now open your eyes. It'll stop the spell."

Erellan grabbed a scroll from his pack, and opened it. It revealed a wheel of colours and symbols. His mana chart.

TravellingMerchant
Baron

Post by TravellingMerchant » Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:44 pm

"Oh! Okay, I see." she replied as he explained. She opened her eyes seeing normally once again. She was quite happy that she had been able to cast the spell without too much problem. She watched the pyromancer pull out a scroll. Stepping forward, she curiously examined the colors and symbols on it.
My characters:
Valica Starclaw
Lurani Frostfur
Crusil Lakepaw
Aidan Firefang

RasHeart
Marquis
Canada

Post by RasHeart » Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:05 pm

Erellan explained the scroll's contents, "The symbols are the elements. I use pyromancy, so I can nullify aquamancy." Erellan tapped a red symbol resembling a small fire, and an arrow pointed to a blue symbol resembling waves.

"You, on the other hand, are an illumancer. An expert of illusion magic. This is your element, it can nullify... purity." Erellan pointed to a purple symbol resembling an eye, with an arrow pointing to nothing. "Purity is basic mana, like this." Erellan casted a ball of light between his hands. "Purity is mana at it's simplest, before you channel it into anything else."

TravellingMerchant
Baron

Post by TravellingMerchant » Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:50 pm

"Hm..." The illumancer listened carefully. After the brief explanation, she had quite a few questions.

"Okay, so purity is basic, unchanneled mana. On the chart there appears to be no symbol. What purpose does purity magic serve? And how exactly does my element nullify it?" she asked the questions with pauses at the end of each, careful not to overwhelm her teacher with too many questions at once.
My characters:
Valica Starclaw
Lurani Frostfur
Crusil Lakepaw
Aidan Firefang

RasHeart
Marquis
Canada

Post by RasHeart » Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:27 pm

Erellan chuckled. "Now you're getting it, lass! Pure mana is anything, everything. The reason why illumacy nullifies pure mana is because illumancy is not just to trick, but to alter." Erellan rolled up his scroll, and put it back into his pack. "Pure mana has no manifest, so there is no symbol. Also, mana seems to have a mind of its own, so therefore, illumancy can change pure mana, into... say, water." Erellan changed the ball of mana into a simple water spell. "See? With this theory, we're practically all illumancers, but in different specializations."

Erellan casted another orb of mana, this time changing it into a fireball. "When I put these together, they create Hybrid mana. Water and Fire create white fire, my signature spell. this fire can't be put out." Erellan de-casted the two manas. "Oh, and by the way, don't put three manas together."

TravellingMerchant
Baron

Post by TravellingMerchant » Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:20 pm

"Oh, I see! Interesting!" Valica smiled, then frowned again. "So if I'm an illumancer... does that mean I can turn mana into any type of magic?"

She watched Erellan cast the Hybrid spell in front of her. "I'd never heard of combining spells before." she said as she looked in awe at the fireball. "But why can't you combine three?" She casted a small orb of mana in her hand. "Like maybe earth magic and wind magic and wate--" she asked as she began combining the magics.
My characters:
Valica Starclaw
Lurani Frostfur
Crusil Lakepaw
Aidan Firefang