Welcome to the World of Feila!

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

New to the forum? Get started by reading general information about Feila and the rules of the forum.

Need help? Send a private message to RabidFox. The staff is always willing to assist users with questions and problems. There's also a thread for how to role-play.

Don't be shy. Feel free to start posting when you're ready. We have a friendly community that is more than happy to welcome you and invite you to role-play. And don't worry about all the informational threads! You only need minimal knowledge to role-play. There's no need to do lots of reading.

Role-players wanting to write role-playing posts under five sentences, see the One Liners board.

Check out our announcement forum, The World Court, for important information about what's going on in our community.

Want to chat with other Feilans? Check out our Discord server!

The Kings Orders

This is where all of the medieval Domus role-plays are archived.
SilentSeranade
Peasant

Re: The Kings Orders

Post by SilentSeranade » Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:13 pm

Seranade took the parchment back carefully folding it into it's original shape, before sliding it back into the pouch from whence it came. Giving a light nod as the storekeeper made her way to the back room. She began to tap a soft beat on the ground with her feet, it was catchy. She would have to remember that one for practice later. She continued tapping while she waited, completely becoming immersed in the tune, lightly gliding a finger along the pouch containing her flute. The presence of the other vixen went unknown until she called, causing Seranade to jump a little.

A few seconds earlier the storekeeper returned with the flower in question, it was a large single lotus; more than enough for the intended purpose. She reached into a small money pouch connected to her belt, pulling out an assortment of coins. "One more thing, could you give directions to Mim's tavern? I have a sunden interest in the local musical talents." She smiled as she counted out the correct amount and handed them to the store owner.

Sponsor

Triss
Spy

Post by Triss » Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:20 pm

---The Training Grounds
Today, it seems, everyone has the same sort of unadorned rebative lance, disposable, cheep and made by the dozens or some times hundreds for practicing cavalry men. Even then a practice joust like this is a hazardous affair. Even as soldiers build additional 'temporary' jousting fences to speed up the process of practicing for the following rounds the first pair of knights clash. First is Pythus against a seasoned fox, Feaules, his name coming to mind. The vuilpine's family had been charged with holding the north road free of bandits and raiders launched by other local lords for nearly three hundred years and through countless small skirmishes.

Battle hardened certainly, Feaules' skill at the lance and even his stance in his armor could not be argued as poor to any measure. His armor is of fine craft as well, but it is not his normal battle or practice coat, his overlarge shield suggesting that normally he might ride in much lighter plate or even chain to avoid harm to his horse over the long distances, a light cavalry man then.

And so the first time the lances strike they glance from shields, vibrating audibly after the heavy hit. Neither lance breaks this time.

The knights turn and charge again, each catching shields solidly, a cascade of splinters rolls up Feaules' lance leaving over half of it's length shattered by some enchantment on Pythus's shield and startling the fox. The vulpine takes a lance from his page and the wolf snaps his lance with his hands as he checks the flex of the weapon after the impact it just took as it glanced from the vulpine's shield.

Once again they charge, and this time Feaules is unhorsed as he bears his lance down and drives it into his opponent's shield. The vulpine's shield rocks back into his chest with the solid blow as he squares the center of his target's shield with his own lance, knocking the wolf a solid blow but unable to keep the force as his lance once again shatters completely. Hitting the ground hard the fox is quick to rise out of the reflex of a veteran horseman, but he quickly realizes he's been beaten.

"Lothar, Reuben, the two of you next." Waving his paw the knight captain directs things from horse back now as he watches the expedited jousts with interest.

(I will let you two in the shop do as you will without interruption, Kael, Reuben is an experienced knight but his focus is on archery and swordsmanship. He has no form of enchanted shield as he seldom uses it and obviously he hasn't got a war lance with him. Any knight here should be able to withstand less than a solid blow and should be a skilled aim, but I will let you write your lance. You should win this one.)

Kael
God
Species: Panther or Dragon

Post by Kael » Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:26 pm

Lothar rode up to Reuben, bowing his head. "May the gods choose the winner this day," he said to his opponent. he then took his spot, hefting his lance.

As he saw Reuben start riding, he knew immediately where his weak point was. It was set in his shield arom, and hitting it in the right way would strain a muscle. From there, he could more easily unhorse his opponent.

They started the first lance, and Lothar's predictions came true. The first pass was as expected, he was easily able to deflect Reuben's set while he severely hit Reuben's shield, twisting his arm. A better lancer would know to tilt the shield just so, causing it to bounce off to the side instead of twisting.

The second pass, Reuben was holding his shield all wrong, his arm hurt and shield tipped. Lothar used this opening to strike hard, slipping his lance past the shield and landing a very solid blow to the chest. Reuben went tumbling, his shield twisting his arm, lance on the other side of the fence. Lothar got to the end of the fence and turned. Seeing Reuben lying there, he immediately rode up. He dismounted, Sticking out his hand. "I hope you were not too injured from that lance, Reuben." Lothar says sincerely. He was offering his hand to assist him in getting up, a tiring endeavor for most knights.
Why is it that, as a culture, we are more comfortable seeing two men holding guns than holding hands? ~Ernest Gaines

If homosexuality is a disease, let's all call in queer to work: "Hello. Can't work today, still queer." ~Robin Tyler

War. Rape. Murder. Poverty. Equal rights for gays. Guess which one the Southern Baptist Convention is protesting? ~The Value of Families

Did you hear about the Scottish drag queen? He wore pants. ~Lynn Lavner

Why can't they have gay people in the army? Personally, I think they are just afraid of a thousand guys with M16s going, "Who'd you call a faggot?" ~John Stewart

Soldiers who are not afraid of guns, bombs, capture, torture or death say they are afraid of homosexuals. Clearly we should not be used as soldiers; we should be used as weapons. ~Letter to the editor, The Advocate

Asyriel
God
United States of America

Post by Asyriel » Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:25 pm

"why don't I show you instead" Natsuki replied with a bright smile. "I need to get out of here for a bit anyway." she said before disappearing into the back room again. She emerged a few moments later wearing a cloak, and carrying a violin case. "let's go.." she said, hurrying out the door before her mother could protest.

Out on the streets, Natsuki waited for Serenade to catch up. "So, what brings you to Rennes?" she asked as she led the way through the crowded streets, keeping alert for pickpockets

SilentSeranade
Peasant

Post by SilentSeranade » Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:14 pm

Seranade takes the flower and wraps it up in a piece of cloth which she had taken from one of her travel pouches, once it was securely wrapped she packed it away. "Oh well that's very kind of you." She said returning the smile, awaiting the Vixens return. Once they had left, Seranade followed her closely, trying not to get separated "I was in the neighboring village when i heard about the tournament that they were holding, turns out it is stirring up a lot of attention around Domus. I figured it would be a good opportunity to obtain some recognition for my musical talents. I imagined the event would be big, but it seems that everyone is talking about it." She continued to follow the storekeeper through the streets, trying not to get to engrossed in the splendor of the Rennes atmosphere. "You are a musician also? I noticed your violin case, perhaps we could perform a duet some time. So how long have you lived here miss... Oh, i just realized i never caught your name."

Triss
Spy

Post by Triss » Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:06 am

---The Training Grounds
Reuben stands with the larger knight's help, gasping for breath a little after the solid impact, "You needn't worry too much, I've had worse. Thank you." Walking over to some lesser mages to have his arm tended squires rush to take horses and tend to them.

The first round takes some time, shattering many lances and leaving many sore and to be tended. During the end of the first set the soldiers finish the first of the additional fences and the second set of trials begins with a much more hasty tempo.

Near by Feaules speaks softly with his page.
"Two lanes at once is quite spectacular violence. To imagine that they're building four more."

"This is nothing compared to battle, but the word of one of my messengers has it that the king order the lord of Lyon to build ten lanes for the tourney and his knight captain ensured that ten knights rode against ten knights. They say the king brings mages that treat competitors to cleanse the fracture of bones and cutting of flesh, but per his orders no pain may be removed until after the last lance is ridden home unless the knight surrenders."

"That's horrid. Is he a mad man or a monster?"

"No, he believes that a true warrior can fight through the pain. Several of his knights refuse an offer of performance in the tournaments regularly because of it. But I hear report that the king himself rode fifty lances in one day against his own knights letting them be fresh each lance to prove it could be done. They also say that he would not ride his horse for a month there after. He says he believes that among those driven enough to withstand we can find the perfect warrior and make a military of envy to all the world."

Near by the knight captain shouts, "Lothar, Eliasah on fence two." At that same fence Pythus dismounts stumbling to a healer after he had removed his opponent spouting a small measure of rage at the other knight after getting hit a second time by the shattered stub of the knights lance as the other knight twisted off his horse and hit the fence.

The knight that mounts against Lothar is one of the lesser known knights, a powerful lion clad in more layers of steel plating than any other knight present while his armor lacks almost any decor. It's impressive to see any figure move in such a construct in spite of this, but it is apparent that wearing it for such a long period has begun to fatigue Eliasah in spite of the knight's obviously spectacular build.

(In spite that Eliasah will have been one of the knights that won his first lance of the day, he's not going to be one of the ten due to the fact that his armor is too much for his own endurance and he has never worn it for more than three lances. Feel free to run three lances as you see fit, he shouldn't be unhorsed but he should faint after the third.)

Kael
God
Species: Panther or Dragon

Post by Kael » Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:14 pm

[actually, with that much weight, I could unhorse him by simply unbalancing him...]

Lothar mounted again, his layers well weighted to fatigue only slowly, and he had worn it for days to build an endurance because of his mentor. As such, he was still fresh when he rode the lance. "May the gods decide the winner this day," he said to Eliasah.

They rode their first lance, Lothar simply taking stock of his opponent. He observed in this pass that his armor was now his worst enemy instead of his greatest ally. He was wavering, obviously tired and about to collapse. Lothar could easily unhorse him or at least cause him to pass out. He had to get a new lance this time, since he had broken his, but he had successfully knocked aside his opponents lance.

The second pass was more dangerous, Eliasah's lance nearly knocking him off. He had become too confident, and that had nearly cost him. As such, he had missed, but that would soon be rectified.

The third lance was the deciding factor, as the ride suddenly slowed. Eliasah's shield was lower down, and Lothar swiftly brought his lance up to the upper part of the chest, and Eliasah's own lance was only at mid-stomach on the right side. Lothar readied his shield to tip to the right, and then time resumed. The opponent's lance slid off his shield, leaving little mark, and his own lance went and lodged into Eliasah's chest plate, knocking him with such force that he started toppling backward. His opponent pinwheeled, trying to regain balance, but the weight of the armor was too much for his worn body, and he slowly, with increasing speed, toppled off his horse and onto the ground.

Lothar dismounted again, walking to his opponent. Eliasah was breathing heavily, obviously tired. Lothar took off his opponent's helmet, allowing the knight to breathe better, before taking him by the shoulders, lifting him up with a surge. "You rode well. But your best defense became your worst enemy. Remember that in the future, my fellow." He patted the knight, before helping him over to the mages who would likely help him refresh, at least get him someone to help him take off his armor.
Why is it that, as a culture, we are more comfortable seeing two men holding guns than holding hands? ~Ernest Gaines

If homosexuality is a disease, let's all call in queer to work: "Hello. Can't work today, still queer." ~Robin Tyler

War. Rape. Murder. Poverty. Equal rights for gays. Guess which one the Southern Baptist Convention is protesting? ~The Value of Families

Did you hear about the Scottish drag queen? He wore pants. ~Lynn Lavner

Why can't they have gay people in the army? Personally, I think they are just afraid of a thousand guys with M16s going, "Who'd you call a faggot?" ~John Stewart

Soldiers who are not afraid of guns, bombs, capture, torture or death say they are afraid of homosexuals. Clearly we should not be used as soldiers; we should be used as weapons. ~Letter to the editor, The Advocate

Asyriel
God
United States of America

Post by Asyriel » Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:27 pm

Natsuki chuckled. "yes it has created quite a stir" she commented about the tournament. Serenade asked if she was a musician, she looked down at the violin case in her hands for a moment. "I am, it's how I usually pay for room and board when I'm traveling" she replied, her voice taking on tones of reminiscence. Serenade's next question brought her back to the here and now. "oh, I appologise, it's Natsuki Leveau." she said with a chuckle "I know my first name doesn't sound like anything from Domus, and that's because an old family friend from Yamaha suggested it." she paused a moment before addressing Serenade's other question. "well, I grew up here, though for the last few years I only drop in and visit for a week or two once or twice a year." she said as they approached Mim's tavern.

The tavern was a nice two story building, well kept and maintained. Above the door hung a fairly simple sign that bore the tavern's name. In front of the door was a heavily muscled male mastif. He casually leaned against the wall next to the door with his arms folded. As the pair approached, the mastif turned his attention toward them. Natsuki dug into a pocket in her cloak and pulled out a coin and tossed to the mastif who deftly caught it. "you're a bit early....not much of an audience yet" he said as Natsuki opened the door. "that's alright" Natsuki replied "just showing Serenade here the best place in the city to go for good music" she said with a wide grin. "so you've found yourself a new friend huh?" he said as he gave serenade an appreciative look that went from head to toe. "well, you two have fun" he said as Natsuki opened the door. "I'm sure we will" came Natsuki's reply accompanied by a wave as she slipped into the tavern.

inside the taven was fairly spacious. the second floor was actually a balcony that wrapped around three quarters of the building. off against the far wall was a slightly raised stage area for performers and the bar was set along the wall off to the left. There weren't many patrons at this time of day, but it was easy to tell by the number of tables in the building that they usually catered to a large crowd. "well, here it is" Natsuki said, gesturing broadly toward the bar and stage. "probably won't start filling up for a few hours though."

SilentSeranade
Peasant

Post by SilentSeranade » Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:16 pm

Seranade basked in the company of her new companion, "I know how that feels." She replied as Natsuki explained how she makes her coin. "If i'm not playing to pay my way i'm preforming street illusion for spare change. I haven't performed my illusion act on a stage yet, i prefer to focus on my music." The conversation gave the impression of time fast forwarding, it has been a while since Seranade enjoyed such friendly company on her travels. "Well, i'm glad we met each other Natsuki, if it weren't for you i would never have known this place even existed."

In no time at all the two had reached their destination. It was a fine building, better made than the taverns back home. Seranades eye caught the mastiff standing in front of the door, she was unsure at first but it appeared that Natsuki knew him. She couldn't help but let off a friendly smile as the two conversed, once he let them pass she gave a quick "Thank you." on the way inside. The sight behind the door was amazing, Seranade hadn't seen any tavern like this, ever. It seemed very roomy, plenty big enough for a large audience "Wow this place is huge!" she burst out. Almost unable to control her excitement. If this place fills tonight, it will be the biggest (seated) crowd she has ever played in front of. "How full does this place usually get?"