Welcome to the World of Feila!

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

New to the forum? Get started by reading general information about Feila and the rules of the forum.

Need help? Send a private message to RabidFox. The staff is always willing to assist users with questions and problems. There's also a thread for how to role-play.

Don't be shy. Feel free to start posting when you're ready. We have a friendly community that is more than happy to welcome you and invite you to role-play. And don't worry about all the informational threads! You only need minimal knowledge to role-play. There's no need to do lots of reading.

Role-players wanting to write role-playing posts under five sentences, see the One Liners board.

Check out our announcement forum, The World Court, for important information about what's going on in our community.

Want to chat with other Feilans? Check out our Discord server!

A New Ruler, Old Alliance. ((Closed))

This is where all of the medieval Domus role-plays are archived.
IkarosMelan
Assassin
Species: Seal-Wolf Hybrid

Re: A New Ruler, Old Alliance. ((Closed))

Post by IkarosMelan » Wed May 29, 2013 7:10 pm

Agnes was taken aback. Brimstone's sudden growling had startled her, to say the least. Her eyes nearly welled with tears as she watched him disappear to lord-knows-where. 

Her oncoming sobs were instantly stopped as she remembered their younger days of snooping around the castle. Entering one of the hidden back doors of the building, she slightly snaked her arm against the wall, feeling for a raised texture of the dark corridor. 

"You're somewhere over here, I know it." She muttered under her breath. After minutes of searching, a glossy-feeling slab appeared beneath her fingertips. 

"A-ha!" Excitement overwhelming her, the young hybrid allowed her memory to serve her right. 

"I think I saw Brimstone hide over here!" Agnes excitedly ran after her friend. "Careful not to trip on the storm drain!" Deirdre told her sibling, taking her hands and guiding her over the obstacle.

"Right..." Agnes told herself, angling over said pipe. "Storm drain." 

"Cobwebs, Aggy. Don't walk into 'em."  Agnes heeded her sister's warning and swatted the silky mess away. "I see a light! I think he's in there!" Her tiny hands pointed up ahead and to the right, directly to Brim's hiding place.

Agnes slowly approached the room, leaning softly against the doorframe. 

"Hi, Brim... I'm sorry if I overstepped my bounds with you... I just... I just wanted to remind you that we're supposed to be each other's fallback. I thought you remembered, but if I was wrong, it's okay..." Her gaze shifted to the floor. 

"I'll go now, if you'd like. See you in the morning, Brim."
Read about my beautiful mind babies here:

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=6632&p=127208#p127208

Sponsor

Brimstone
Assassin

Post by Brimstone » Wed May 29, 2013 8:40 pm

The room she entered had changed. When he was younger it was filled with interesting Domus artifacts and books, brightly colored and lit, as well as being extraordinarily clean. Now it looked very similar to what an old cave would look like. Dark, dirty, dingy, and empty except for the fireplace. The fireplace was the only source of light, and over top of it was a cauldron willed with a vile thick, dead smelling potion. Standing over the mantle was Brimstone... Who you could now tell was drinking this stuff constantly.

His ears perked at the sound of her voice. He let her say her piece, but before she left he stopped her with a growl. "Do you know how it feels to be the cause of your fathers death? How it feels to live your life everyday, knowing that you are scorned by your own subjects because you took their beloved King away from them?" He asked looking over at her. How it feels to be taxed every day by everyone around you who once cared for you?" He asked in a hollow voice.

"A witch have me this recipe for a potion to quell the feeling of guilt... But it didn't work... Not only that but I can't stop drinking it. People think I am a victim of some long lost plague? Well here is your plague!" He snapped, whipping an empty cup at the cauldron. "I would stop but I have not the strength to do so. I have tried and the pain I undergo is horrible. I have not been able to tell anyone because a King should not have a Vice such as this" He growled, his legs starting to shake.

"And to top it all off? I am oh so very tired... Every time I take a drink... I feel my energy die to allow me the cold heartless emotion I feel otherwise" He said, his legs finally buckling out from under him, causing him to hit the floor. He crawled onto his knees, the potion obviously making this a very hard action for him. "It lets me deal with the guilt... But now I have a hard time seeing if this is worse than the guilt..." He groaned.

"But I have to thank you... If it were not for you accompanying me to the gardens I would not have been granted these long moments of peace... The fact that there is but one person in this world that still cares for me was no greater a gift than any man woman or child could have ever bestowed upon me. Greater than any amount of riches, or any piece of land." He said with a faint smile... A REAL smile. "Unfortunatly though... I think it would be best for you to go to your room... One such as yourself probably has no wishes to spend an evening with a weak willed King" He said falling into a weak sitting position. "If we could keep this between the two of us though... I would appreciate that..." He huffed.

((... DAMN IT >.< Why must I get so sucked into long winded pity posts >.< Why must they be so much fun to write ;^;))

IkarosMelan
Assassin

Post by IkarosMelan » Thu May 30, 2013 12:54 am

"I never even knew my father, actually. I have but faint memories of his features and that's about it... I was told he's just gone away on business, but I think otherwise." She admitted somberly, re-entering to sit beside the weakened King. "I feel sorry for you all the same, having your subjects believe you'd do such a thing. I swear, one of these days I'll help them realize the truth. I'd do anything for you, my dear friend. We promised in our junior years that we'd be there for one another, and I'll do so until I'm dead." 

Her head gently rested on his shoulder, followed by a gentle, reassuring squeeze of his hand. "Don't growl or get upset, dear. You're in good hands." Her eyes caught a slight glimpse of the cauldron out of the corner of her eye. "And that over there," She ticked her head in the direction of the brew. "will remain a secret."

(( It happens! I get sucked into them just as much! ))

Brimstone
Assassin

Post by Brimstone » Thu May 30, 2013 9:47 pm

Brimstone seemed to relax under the touch, returning the squeeze gently. "I wish I could do more for you... You have been the first person in two years to not respect me out of fear," he said slowly getting to his feet. He was a little wobbly but he managed to compose himself. If Brimstone was anything, he was good at hiding his weaknesses. He unbuckled his armor and slowly pulled it off, flinching as it scrapped across the open sores caused by his addiction till he was wearing the weird shorts that were made to fit over his thick angular legs.

"Being King is hard... Harder then I could have ever imagined it being. I wish to make the government more like yours... but that would require great help. The help of your sister would be grand on that point. Just the amount of things I have to deal with the nobles constant bickering and I am but moments from killing them all at most times. I think that would be needed though to do what I wish" He said sitting on the bed. "Your thoughts?" He asked.

IkarosMelan
Assassin

Post by IkarosMelan » Thu May 30, 2013 11:10 pm

She sighed, unsure of what to say next. "Until you are able to fully change things, I'd also advise you to brush of the negative words spoken by the people, for a start. Sure, the words may sting, but you know they aren't true. Maybe you could start drafting laws about how it is illegal to slander the king publicly. In our territory, we have similar laws placed on businesses. They say that critique is allowed, but not the spreading of falsehoods. Sure, you can't always prevent such, but having a few channels to direct the water in never hurt." She lightly smiled at him from her position on the floor in front of the fire. 

"There's the friendly approach as well. Maybe trying to get to know the citizens would be appreciated. If they had the knowledge of the reality being different of the appearance, they would learn not to fear you. You're as much of a being as they are, even with your status. Deirdre isn't even a queen, and that's still understood! And, most importantly, you must be willing to put forth effort into change. Towers aren't just built overnight." She spoke softly, pausing to calm the raging ocean that was her mind. 

"There I go again, with my thoughts of the past... If only he could remember that day. The day I told him how I felt. I still hold that day in my memory as if it were only yesterday."

"Like all things, change takes time" A slight smile played upon her lips, fading quickly after. 

-----------

Deirdre sat on her bed in her nightgown, knees drawn to her chest, questioning Agnes' absence. "It's awfully late for them to still be out in the garden. Still, this is Brimstone I'm speaking of. He's just as responsible and kind as he was in our junior years, I'm sure of it! I'll just give them the benefit of the doubt and wait for them to return." A flash of worry spread across her features. Her paranoia was getting the best of her, and she could feel a panic attack coming on. She clutched her legs tightly and gently rocked back and forth in an effort to soothe herself. "Just think of the past... Think of the past..." She mumbled in the silence of the room. 

"Where could have those half-pints gone?" Deirdre questioned the spring breeze. She giggled as the words left her lips, knowing that her siblings were up to innocent shenanigans and foolery. Rounding the corner, she began calling for them. "Inuk? Agnes? It's me, Deirdre! Inuk?" After several minutes of unresponsiveness, the irritated girl quieted herself and resumed her search. Her voice had barely left her throat again when she heard a surprised gasp. 

Scuttling to the end of the small corridor, she inquisitively poked her head out to see who was speaking, quickly withdrawing it at the sight at of her sisters. "Promise me you won't tell Deirdre, okay?" "Absolutely! I won't say a word for all of the sweets in ten bakeries!" "Really, even with your major sweet tooth? Oh, thank you, sis! Let's split up before she finds us! I'll head to the library." "Right! I'll be in the kitchen.  Later, Agnes!" Feeling confident as ever, an oblivious Inuk walked directly into an angered Deirdre.

Shocked, she recoiled, and tried to bolt in the opposite direction. Deirdre lightly grasped her shoulder. "Inuk, darling, what was that about?" "You may or may not have heard me! I promised that I wouldn't say a word of it to ya for all of the sweets in ten bakeries!" "How about I buy you a nice cake, extra large and covered with frosting?" "Mm-mm." Inuk shook her head with added sass with each noise she made. "That's still a sweet!" "Fine. I'll just go to the library and ask Agnes." Deirdre said in a monotone, merely shrugging off her younger sibling. "H-hey! What makes you think she'll tell you?!" Deirdre paused and turned around to face Inuk. "It's simple, really." She smirked in satisfaction of her oncoming reply. "You promised not to tell me. She didn't promise herself." "You snake! I'll tell her to promise herself before you can get to her!" Inuk angrily shook her fist at her senior, swiftly turning to warn her junior.

Deirdre laughed. She laughed quite hard, actually. She even brought tears to her eyes. "They were so adorable, those two. I should really learn to trust them, even if they are much younger than I. They're still family. Agnes will return on her own time." Comforted by the lingering warmth of her memory, Deirdre slipped underneath her sheets and turned on her bedside lamp. She'd intended to read while she still had the peace. 

Brimstone
Assassin

Post by Brimstone » Fri May 31, 2013 1:15 am

Brimstone sighed, moving to sit with her on the floor. "You make it seem like I have not tried this..." He said with a chuckle. "You know me, the one who managed to talk the cook into giving us treats when we were nine? The one who got us Ale when we were fifteen? The one who convinced the maid to keep quiet about you not being able to handle your booze the first time me and you snuck off to binge. My tongue is my gift in the end of it all. I can be the kindest person ever and even you would be hard pressed to tell if I was actually being nice or if I was just playing" He said with a wink.

He was sitting rather close to her, and despite his horrid appearance it was clear that he kept close watch on his hygiene as he always had. His teeth just seemed to be an unavoidable side effect of the potion. "I am also good at reading people. Do tell me what is on your mind. This would be the time to say it would it not?" He asked with a chuckle "I just dumped my biggest secret on you, you could at least share something" He smiled.

IkarosMelan
Assassin

Post by IkarosMelan » Fri May 31, 2013 1:27 am

A heavy pink blush spread across her cheeks. "I do remember that. Quite well, actually. Sorry, again, about the rug. As for secrets, I think your people-reading skills would play well into that." She shifted her eyes about, slightly biting her lower lip. "I've got feelings for you, Brim. No matter how much you change or how people see you, these feelings will never change. I guess you could say I'm smitten with you." Her mind tried to tell her to move away from him in case he disapproved of her words, but she mentally talked herself out of it. She was one to take risks, and this was one of them. This could've lead to anything. She lightly smiled at him to lighten the mood, her blush fading a bit. 

Brimstone
Assassin

Post by Brimstone » Fri May 31, 2013 8:36 am

Brimstone just chuckled at the rug, waving her off. His demeanor however changed when she dropped her secret on him. Yes he had known she had a crush on him when they were younger, even after their little binge. They were caught being a little more friendly than his father would approve (Not much though!) and he had gotten quite the talking too about that. The Nobles of Domus could do nothing about his... way with women, but the Arctic Islands could have become furious. Thankfully his father chalked it up to them being young and stupid but now he was the King... And she was Twenty... He could really do anything now couldn't he?

This is possibly the only time you would ever see Brimstone act a little nervous around a woman. Usually he was bold and charming but for these few moments he was shy and timid. Those moments did not last long though, before he was back to his old self. He reached forward slowly and lightly placed his hand on her cheek. "Now why would you be nervous about telling me this? Your were my greatest friend as kids, you think I would not feel the same way?" He asked, moving his face closer to her. One rule everyone remembered about Brimstone was he never started anything, but he was started, the night could lead anywhere. "You might also want to think about your sister... She always had a tendency to come looking for you" He teased.

IkarosMelan
Assassin

Post by IkarosMelan » Fri May 31, 2013 3:52 pm

Agnes melted at Brimstone's touch. "I don't think Deirdre would mind a little exchange between us. I'm sure she's well aware of my feelings for you. Besides, we've gotten pretty cozy before. I see no problem in taking it a bit further. Age is but a number, is it not?" She coyly smiled at him, cupping his face in her hands and pulling him in for a sweet, passionate kiss. 

-----

Deirdre closed her book and placed it on her bedside table, turning out her lamp. "Agnes sure is late... What if she's- Oh no, no, no, she wouldn't! She's much too young." She folded her arms in a huff, exhaling loudly. "I suppose she's old enough to make her own decisions. Carry on, sister, whatever you may be doing." She shrugged, neutral. 

Brimstone
Assassin

Post by Brimstone » Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:51 am

((Brimstone is 22 you know that right? Not much older than her XD))

Brimstone followed along into the kiss, wrapping his arms around her and pulling her close. "Then let's hope she doesn't think it would be a great idea to come talk to me about some diplomatic issue" He chuckled. His staff never bothered him in his room unless it was an emergency and he didn't expect any emergencies any time soon. As the kiss deepened, the fire in the fireplace flared violently and unexpectedly. Brimstone pulled Agnes close to stop her from getting burned but was confused for a moment. "Did I just use magic?" He asked her.

IkarosMelan
Assassin

Post by IkarosMelan » Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:48 am

"What precise words, Brimstone." Agnes purred, feeling his grip get a bit tighter. The sudden rush of warmth behind her had startled her a bit, but feeling Brimstone's presence soon after had soothed her. "If you've got a strong connection with fire magic, it might have been triggered by your emotions." She turned to look back at the now tamely crackling fire with intrigue. "And if that is the case, what's got you so excited? Besides the kiss, I mean."

Brimstone
Assassin

Post by Brimstone » Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:24 am

Brimstone remained quiet for a few seconds "I haven't been able to use magic in two years... That's what got me so excited..." He said standing up. He looked at the fire again and opened his hand, creating a ball of fire. The smile the grew on his face was unimaginable as he turned to Agnes. "Thank you... I know you are the cause of this cause nothing else in my life has changed" He said. You could actually see his body language change from the hunched over crippled weak look, to a look more of what he was when he was younger. Tall strong and confident.

He walked over to Agnes and pulled her into his arms once again. "I guess I owe you a lot more then you may think for getting me through that block" He said with a grin "Is there anything I could do for you? Anything at all?" He asked with a touch of excitement. Him being able to use magic once again was his greatest accomplishment, and it seems it took Agnes to quell his issues with it.

IkarosMelan
Assassin

Post by IkarosMelan » Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:59 pm

An excited grin spread across her muzzle. "Wonderful! I didn't know I could  make such an affect on a person! I'm very happy for you, I truly am." She patted Brim's back as he embraced her. "I think the only thing I want in return is your happiness and your changing for the better. Anything else will come my mind another time." She shot him a wink, her undertones easy to catch. 

Gazing at the fire, a question arose in her mind. "I'm amazed at how you were able to conjure up that fireball so quickly. Mind showing me how you did it?" Her eyes glimmered with fascination.

Brimstone
Assassin

Post by Brimstone » Sat Jun 01, 2013 2:33 pm

Brimstone smiled at the... implications of her remark and shook his head laughing. Showing her how to cast magic though... That was going to be hard. "Well to be honest... The court Magister never showed my how to actually cast magic. I actually just will what I want into existence and it appears. My ability to do magic is actually based on my will to keep going..." He trailed off. He seemed to fall into a trance but got himself out of it quickly enough. "I guess I just have a natural talent for controlling magical energy, so the Magister never taught me how to do it. Quiet frankly though, I don't wish to learn about the mechanics of it. I know what I need to know to keep myself alive and have a wide range of spells, what more do I need right?" He asked with a smile.

He then walked over to the bed and laid on it, offering her the chance to join him with a wave of his hand. "I like sneaking though, which is why I have my affinity for the darkness. Lately light has actually been causing me pain but I have been getting used to that. I still hate the sun though... Even more so now" He said stretching out.

IkarosMelan
Assassin

Post by IkarosMelan » Sat Jun 01, 2013 3:04 pm

"Well aren't you special?" Agnes remarked with a smile in her voice as she laid down beside him. "My my, this bed is comfortable. Now how is the sun so bad? It provides natural light, helps plants grow, overheats some thick-furred fellows in the summertime. All sorts of neat things." She laughed at her own little comment. "Nighttime does allow us to appreciate things in a softer light, though. I've always thought stones in a running river looked better in the moonlight than sunlight." 

"On a brighter note, I'm glad that you've given yourself the simple pleasure of a soft bed. It's nice to indulge yourself in nice things periodically. Gives you a chance to appreciate the little things."