Welcome to the World of Feila!

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

New to the forum? Get started by reading general information about Feila and the rules of the forum.

Need help? Send a private message to RabidFox. The staff is always willing to assist users with questions and problems. There's also a thread for how to role-play.

Don't be shy. Feel free to start posting when you're ready. We have a friendly community that is more than happy to welcome you and invite you to role-play. And don't worry about all the informational threads! You only need minimal knowledge to role-play. There's no need to do lots of reading.

Role-players wanting to write role-playing posts under five sentences, see the One Liners board.

Check out our announcement forum, The World Court, for important information about what's going on in our community.

Want to chat with other Feilans? Check out our Discord server!

A Darkness, Indeed.

A nation that rivals Edwin in power, ruled by the Mustelid. The current system of government is Feudalist/Constitutional Monarchy, with Duchies ruled over by Dukes, which elect the monarch, usually one of the Dukes. The military is third largest in number, and rivals Edwin's fighting effectiveness. It consists of the Gawainian Army. It is geographically one of the largest countries of Feila. Similar to Earth's medieval Germany.
Maxwell
Outlaw
United States of America

Re: A Darkness, Indeed.

Post by Maxwell » Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:30 am

The young ferret gave a pleasant smile. "No, I'll be fine. I'll just avoid alleys. Thank you. Both of you." The ferret turned and skipped out of the alleyway. Maxwell already had walked out back on to the street. He looked down, and noticed he barely cast a shadow, despite it being broad daylight. This town. Something feels wrong. He asked Daichi, "Does something feel off? I can't explain it, but this town seems... strange. As if something terrible happened, but no one noticed." I'm sure that the monster in the forest doesn't help, but this seems bigger.
I really enjoy realistic sword fighting.

Character Sheet: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=7592&p=136853#p136853

Sponsor

Asyriel
God
United States of America

Post by Asyriel » Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:49 pm

Daichi tilted his head in slight confusion as the ferret skipped away, seeming as though nothing happened. He looked at Maxwell for a moment, a little dumbfounded. Maxwell mentioned that something felt off. Daichi paused, and a thoughtful expression, trying to get a feel for just what was off about the town. After a few moments he nodded at Maxwell. "I'm inclined to agree. There's more to this than just a slow market day."

Maxwell
Outlaw
United States of America

Post by Maxwell » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:08 pm

"I have everything I need. I'm heading back to the bar. You finished?" Maxwell said. He didn't like what was going on in this town, but he wasn't being paid to stop it. He began to head back to the bar.

Meanwhile, Scarla had just finished her bath. She stepped out of the tub, grabbing a towel. She'd remembered Jessica's offer, and would ask her as soon as she had finished her bath. Scarla dried off and put on her linen trousers. She slipped on her shoes and finally her shirt. What little armor she did have, she kept in a small bag. She tied up her short hair and waited for Jessica to finish. She didn't mind if Jessica took her time bathing, and Scarla enjoyed her company. She tried to think of a subject to talk about.
"What do you think about the other two? Maxwell and uh... um... ugh, what's his name. The dragon guy. I don't think I ever got his name."

Asyriel
God
United States of America

Post by Asyriel » Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:13 pm

Daichi paused for a moment, still trying to figure out just what could be creating the 'off' feeling about the town. Still unable to pinpoint the underlying source of the feeling he finally shook his head with a slight sigh. "Yeah, there's nothing else to be done for the moment." Daichi would have been quick to help the town, if he knew what the problem was besides a general feeling. It was perhaps something to further investigate later, for now though, he followed Maxwell back toward the bar.

Jessica had propped her feet up on the edge of the tub, and nearly been laying down in the hot water. She had relaxed to the point that she was nearly dosing when Scarla spoke up again. She shifted her attention to the feline, and flashed a small grin. "No time to relax for you huh?" She asked before she addressed Scarla's question. "Daichi was the lizard's name." She informed Scarla. "Well, while they're similar at a first glance, they are also very different. Take for instance the weapons they carry, and the way they fight. Daichi carries a staff, a weapon that while capable of killing was not expressly made for it. He wields it with the intent to incapacitate, but not to kill. Maxwell on the other hand carries a sword. There's only one thing a sword is made for." She gave a significant pause. "And he doesn't hesitate to wield it to that end." She paused for another moment, thinking. "Neither speak much, but I think they each have very different reasons for that as well. Maxwell seems to be more concerned with whatever internal issues he has, than the rest of the world. Daichi seems refreshingly altruistic." She smiled an impish smile at Scarla. "Why? Taken an interest in one?" She asked, the question was blatantly teasing.

Maxwell
Outlaw
United States of America

Post by Maxwell » Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:47 am

As Daichi and Maxwell made their way back, the sky began to darken. Maxwell thought it to be rain, but the sky turned a tide of crimson, followed by a black sun. Maxwell looked and Daichi. They both began sprinting for the Inn.

"I don't mind relaxing, I just can't sit still for too long, that's all." Scarla nodded as Jessica gave her analysis of the two. Scarla gave a playful scowl at Jessica's tease. "Ha, as if!" She was about to make another comment when a loud crash came from below, followed by the front door slamming open. "Hm? Wonder what's going on?" Scarla got up, and walked out to the hallway, then downstairs. A faint red glow seemed to be coming from outside. Scarla approached the open door, only to have it slammed closed by Maxwell. "Maxwell? When did you and Daichi get ba-"
"Stay away from the door! Don't go outside!"
The bartender cowered behind her counter, "Wha- What's happening?!"
"It happened as Daichi and I were on our way back. The sky turned red, and things just started roaming."
"But-" Scarla tried to speak.
"It's an Eclipse, brought on by the Abyss. I didn't think that they'd be able to make one so quickly." Maxwell peered out through a small crack, "Well, the landscape is normal, meaning this one isn't all that powerful." Maxwell gave a sigh. "Goddammit, " he cursed under his breath. Maxwell looked at the people in the inn with a grimace of fear. It wasn't fear for himself, but the fate that all of the people would suffer if the Abyss did fully form, a fate no one, not even Lucafell, deserved.
He closed his eyes, regaining his cold composure, "Stay here, all of you." He drew his sword, wandering out the door. He'd dealt with Abyss creatures for the past three years. He was ready to fight send them back to hell.

Asyriel
God
United States of America

Post by Asyriel » Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:59 pm

"It's okay, I won't tell them." Jessica replied with an exaggerated wink, continuing her teasing. Then there was crashing from downstairs, and Scarla got up and left the room. She sighed heavily as she got out of the tub, and attempted to quickly dry herself before she started putting her clothes back on. "So much for relaxing." She muttered to herself as she grabbed her satchel, and cloak, and headed downstairs.

She arrived downstairs, still adjusting the bodice on her skirt and wringing excess water from her hair, just as Maxwell was explaining the eclipse. "One of the seals must have been broken."

Daichi shook his head when Maxwell told them all to stay in the inn. "The hell I will." he said quietly as he followed Maxwell out of the inn.

"What do you think you're going to do out there. Running off to your deaths is not the way to solve this problem." Jessica called after the two males. She looked over at Scarla before huffing in frustration. "Well, there's something they both have in common." She muttered before she grabbed one of her figurines, and she summoned the large crystalline entity that she had sicced on Lucafel on the ships.

Maxwell
Outlaw
United States of America

Post by Maxwell » Mon May 01, 2017 3:38 pm

Maxwell, felt both annoyed and relieved by the others. He was annoyed as the two had no idea of what actually laid ahead, but he was relieved due to the fact that he wouldn't have to face the horrors that would come alone. His expression gave for a moment, and a small but visible smile, not out of confidence, but out of elation appeared for a moment. He noticed Scarla in the back of the tavern. Scarla had a look of utter bewilderment at the situation. She was both in terror and awe.
"Scarla, stay here and hide the townsfolk. Barricade the door and stay quiet."
Scarla gave a slight nod, despite looking dumbfounded.
Maxwell turned to Jessica and Daichi.
"You two do know what you're getting into?"

Asyriel
God
United States of America

Post by Asyriel » Mon May 01, 2017 5:56 pm

Daichi looked at Maxwell, and shrugged. "Does it make a difference?" He asked as he followed along.

Jessica frowned at Maxwell's question. "There were seals, created long ago when the dragons controlled this world." She said with a hint of dismay. She looked at Maxwell, and her eyes narrowed a bit. "You sure seem to know a lot about all this, and there had been no incursions since the sealing...at least none recorded in any of the history I've encountered....until you showed up." She said the last bit with only a small hint of accusation in her voice.

Maxwell
Outlaw
United States of America

Post by Maxwell » Tue May 09, 2017 4:10 pm

Maxwell grunted at Daichi's response. He turned to Jessica, glaring at her. There was no anger in the glare, only acknowledgement of the comment. Maxwell walked outside, viewing the red sky and black eclipse. "Stay close," he said to the others. He'd seen the best warriors be devoured during this event, and wasn't keen on losing more allies. Despite the sky being bright red, the landscape was shrouded in darkness, with the group only being able to see a few feet in front of them.
Maxwell lost any sort of fear he had when he walked into the darkness. That fear was replaced by anger and hatred towards this place and the things that resided in it. He gripped his sword, ready to kill any that emerge from the shadows.

A monster lurked not far out of the groups vision. It peered at them. It noticed Jessica as a magic user, but could not tell if Daichi was one or not. Finally, it's gaze landed on Maxwell. The monster had a feeling of respect to the abyss survivor. The monster, being more strategic than others, waited. It would not engage the three. In the full Abyss, the monster would fight, but this is only a twisted reality.

Asyriel
God
United States of America

Post by Asyriel » Wed May 10, 2017 12:35 pm

Daichi merely shrugged at Maxwell's grunted response. He silently prepared himself for the possibility of a fight. He took deep controlled breaths, and before long his scales took on a metallic sheen, and it seemed like all of his muscles had grown bigger as well. The metal tips on his staff began to give off a dull glow as well.

Jessica raised an eyebrow as if asking if he were confirming her suspicions when Maxwell glared at her. The massive crystalline entity she called Tibur thundered along next to her as she followed Maxwell, wondering if they would be attacked or if this was all an overreaction on Maxwell's part. Well, time would tell, she supposed as she watched the darkness around them.

Maxwell
Outlaw
United States of America

Post by Maxwell » Tue May 16, 2017 11:28 am

Maxwell grabbed a small lantern hanging from the tavern. He almost lit the candle inside before deciding against it. The light would only blind him if he held it, and his eyes would adapt soon. He set the lantern back in place and continued into the darkness. "We have to get to the source of this. I'd be willing to bet that it's the so called 'demon' we were hired to kill." He became quiet, still walking, his tail flickering. He knew that he was likely the cause of this, all actuality. He's the only one who's escaped a full eclipse, as far as he knew. The things of that place chase him, across worlds even. This monster seemed to be here before he arrived, however. That meant that she was here. The one Maxwell was looking for.

In the distance, a small boy hid under a crate. He could see through a small crack. An unsightly beast walked past. Four spiked legs holding a small mid sections. Out the back, bladed tails waggled. Blood dripped from the stick-like legs as it creeped through the street. The boy sat back in the crate, fearful, but quiet.

Asyriel
God
United States of America

Post by Asyriel » Sat May 20, 2017 10:21 am

Daichi, and Jessica followed along behind Maxwell. They all stayed as quiet as possible, watching the darkness around them for movements. Jessica at this point was relying more on her ears than her eyes to alert her to anything. One of her ears twitched as some unusual sounds reached her. "Hey, I think there's something over that way." She said quietly, pointing in the direction of the sound she heard, the direction of an unsightly beast with bladed tails. "Maybe we should go check it out."

Maxwell
Outlaw
United States of America

Post by Maxwell » Thu May 25, 2017 11:20 pm

Maxwell glanced in the direction Jessica had pointed to. He nodded, his plate leggings clinking together as he began to slowly move in that direction. The darkness that surrounded them seemed to shrink from Maxwell, as if it was frightful. Maxwell stopped moving. A loud crash, followed by a gruesome sound of flesh being torn apart. He began to move quicker, still walking, but at an accelerated pace. He kept moving until he saw the beast. It stood about three meters high. It's bladed tails waggled at them, but the creature seemed unaware of the group behind it. It seemed preoccupied with something. Maxwell, not letting the opportunity go to waste, sprinted with inhuman speed towards the beast. The beast turned to face Maxwell, but Maxwell had already slashed it's leg, breaking it like a toothpick. The beast attempted to swing at Maxwell with one of it's tails, but Maxwell had avoided it quite easily.

Asyriel
God
United States of America

Post by Asyriel » Fri May 26, 2017 2:14 pm

Jessica looked at the beast before them, and frowned. She had been about to say something, but Maxwell went rushing forward. She simply sighed, and turned to the crystalline behemoth next to her. "Tiber, if you would please." The summoned entity lumbered forward toward the beast, raising a fist high to smash down on it.

SInce Maxwell had their enemies attention, Daichi moved in cautiously. He watched the thing, and how it moved and behaved while he closed the distance, and positioned himself to flank the creature. The steel caps on the end of his staff began to glow before he lashed out with an attack on another of the beast's legs.

Maxwell
Outlaw
United States of America

Post by Maxwell » Wed May 31, 2017 8:43 pm

Maxwell's first strike had caught the beast off guard. It turned around quickly, but it's back leg gave out due to the slash Maxwell had caused. The beast hardly had time to recover when the crystalline's fist crushed it. The beast, weakened, gave a small yelp when Daichi had attacked another leg. It was immobilized, but it's tails still whipped around. One tail struck out at Maxwell. Maxwell, a small smile on his face, caught it. He held it taught and proceeded to slice the tail. The beast howled in pain.
The beast struggled, but was too weak to provide a defense of any kind.
Maxwell walked calmly to the beast. While the beast had no visible eyes, he knew that it could see him. He stepped on the beast's small main body, grounding it into the dirt.
"Heh," Maxwell gave a small chuckle. He proceeded to sever the remaining tails of the beast, despite them being of no threat. The beast gave small whimpers of pain. Maxwell raised his sword. A wicked smile crossed his face, his eyes wide and his heart full of anger and hatred. He began butchering the beast, causing blood to spurt. His smile became toothy as he continued hacking at the beast.
A few minutes passed before the beast was nothing but a pile of organs and blood. Yet he continued.