Welcome to the World of Feila!

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

New to the forum? Get started by reading general information about Feila and the rules of the forum.

Need help? Send a private message to RabidFox. The staff is always willing to assist users with questions and problems. There's also a thread for how to role-play.

Don't be shy. Feel free to start posting when you're ready. We have a friendly community that is more than happy to welcome you and invite you to role-play. And don't worry about all the informational threads! You only need minimal knowledge to role-play. There's no need to do lots of reading.

Role-players wanting to write role-playing posts under five sentences, see the One Liners board.

Check out our announcement forum, The World Court, for important information about what's going on in our community.

Want to chat with other Feilans? Check out our Discord server!

The Shiya Gala: Archery Competition

This is where all of the medieval Arctic Islands role-plays are archived.
RabidFox
The Great Fox
Ireland

The Shiya Gala: Archery Competition

Post by RabidFox » Thu Mar 13, 2008 5:21 pm

JUDGE: Rogan Windrider

INFORMATION:

Anyone can join this role-play, but only contestants can participate in the contest itself. The only thing that I ask is to keep all of the role-playing in the same general area. In other words, if you wander too far away from the contest grounds, then that would be the equivalent of leaving the role-play. I don't mind if you're off to the side and not directly within the vicinity just so long as you keep within "viewing distance" of the events.

If you are a spectator (You did not sign up to be a contestant and are simply observing the event), then you must put the following tag in bold and brackets at the beginning of all of your posts: [SPECTATOR]. Otherwise, if you are a contestant, then use this other tag in the same manner: [CONTESTANT]. This is to make things easier for everyone, including the judge, of who will be hosting the event.

The role-play begins some time before the contest itself takes place, so feel free to interact with each other at will regardless of whether you are a spectator or a contestant. The actual contest will be initiated and hosted by the judge, and this is when the contestants will take their place to begin the event.

This role-play is directly relevant to all role-plays labeled with “Shiya Gala” and branded “Official“ by RabidFox. That means that they all tie into each other, and are all taking place within the same general timeframe.

ROLE-PLAY:
Madame wrote:Turning to the left where two targets had been set up along with a raised platform literally an arrow’s flight away, Delia said, “That’s where the archery will be going on. If you’ll notice we set it up on the leeward side of the hill to try to cut down on the crosswinds the contestants will be fighting. I don’t envy whatever fellow we wrangled into judging for that as he’s like at not to get shot if he’s standing anywhere save behind the archers when they’re shooting.”
((Note that Deila is an NPC and not a character that can be interacted with in this role-play. The above is merely a brief description of what this area looks like. For a description of the gala as a whole, read the first post of this thread: The Shiya Gala: General))

Sponsor

Malachai
Thief

Post by Malachai » Thu Mar 13, 2008 6:03 pm

[CONTESTANT]

Malachai walked down the hill, observing the terrain and checking the weather. This would be a nice day for an archery competition.
*runs away from the falling bunnies* "It's coming, it's coming! RUN!"
(\ /)
(o'.'o)
('')_('')

-"How's the house?"
-"Roof fell in."
-"How'd your wife take it?"
-"She was [i]on[/i] the roof."

Jimmie Scalzetti and Joyner while robbing Chicago Place.

[url=http://twilightus.net/feila/viewtopic.php?t=2334]Malachai's Signature Exstension[/url]

Inkwolf
Assassin
Location: Backwater outpost on Antiga. (HIGHLY OBSCURE REFERENCE!)

Post by Inkwolf » Thu Mar 13, 2008 6:46 pm

[SPECTATOR]

As he stepped along the crowded path to where the archery competition would be held, Cayan drew his robes tighter around his body. Even though he had been here for several days now, he had still not become used to the temperature.
However, his experience wasn't all bad. His coin purse jingled at his waist with every step, as he had made a substantial bit of profit selling his potions and hand-made knives.

His leather-clad paws stepped lightly on the wood of the stands as he made his way though to find an empty seat. When was this competition going to start? How many contestants? All these were questioned that Cayan figured would be answered... Eventually. For now, he simply took a seat at the back of the stand, and withdrew a small slab of jerky from under his sash. He tore off a small piece, and began to chew it slowly, savoring the smoked, salty flavor of the meat, as he glanced from person to person, observing the other spectators.
A short bio of each of my characters.

Ramul: Clydesdale, templar. Ramul is old, slow, and short tempered. He has an intense love for the drink. His weapons of choice are the javelin and the short sword.

Adagio: Wolf/Coyote cross, traveler. Adagio is unfamiliar with most of the Feilan languages, as he was raised in a tribal area of the Raven Territory. He gets by mainly through theft and broken Edwinian.

Cayan: Mixed-breed canine, White Mage. Cayan is a timid fellow, but he has a short fuse. He prefers healing magicks, and rarely uses anything else. Last time he got in a fight he cried about it afterwards.

Diogi (Pronounced Dee-oh-jee){Age of Drive By Shootings}: Akita, Street artist/gas station cashier. Diogi is a bit of a quiet fellow, but he likes to party. Trouble seems to stick to him like glue to paper, but he takes it in stride.

Kinetic Kimo
King
Species: Purple People Eater

Post by Kinetic Kimo » Sat Mar 22, 2008 9:27 am

[SPECTATOR]

Volera stood, shivering in the bitter arctic cold, wrapped up in layer after layer of brightly covered blankets and mumbling to herself about really, really bad decisions. Despite her massive collection of clothes, she could still feel the biting wind pressing against her like a great, invisible hand trying to shove her into the snow, and the frozen ground against her bare foot-pads made her underlying skin crawl.

When Kenny had offered to buy her a winter vacation, she'd figured he'd send her somewhere warmer, not the middle of the arctic islands. However, this was where she'd have to enjoy her winter vacation, and she'd just have to make the most of it. Though, that's not to say she'd have to like it very much.

She made her way towards the crowded stands, staggering through the snow like a living heap of laundry, grumbling all the way and thinking to herself, There will never be enough blankets in the world...
My Characters
My Art Stuffs
/=~____
(_)|+==>
/ALPHA\=={||||||||||||]
'O-O-O-O'

SPAMMA TANK ALPHA Created by Shade
I am like a box of chocolates: Random, sweet, and bad for your system. :mrgreen:

ImageImage

Keba
God

Post by Keba » Thu Mar 27, 2008 4:28 pm

[CONTESTANT]

A large White Tiger strode towards the archery range. Despite his minimum clothing, he seemed to be taking the cold rather well as he walked swiftly. His bow and arrows were resting on his shoulder as he came up. Glancing at the snow, he saw how the sun glared off the gleaming surface and knew that it could hinder his performance if he stared at it too long.
My Characters: [url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v347/topazweapon/Feila/My%20Characters/Keba/Kebasprofile.jpg]Keba[/url], Titan, [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v347/topazweapon/Feila/My%20Characters/Capt%20Carise/CariseNorthernemoticon.jpg[/img][url=http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v347/topazweapon/Feila/?action=view¤t=CariseProfile2.jpg]Capt. Carise[/url], [url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v347/topazweapon/Feila/My%20Characters/Wanageeska/WanageeskaUndaar.jpg]Wanageeska[/url], Mariko
===
life has it's ups and downs, get used to it and enjoy what you can.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v347/topazweapon/Feila/My%20Characters/Keba-1.gif[/img]
++++
[img]http://www.wizards.com/magic/images/whatcolor_isgreen.jpg[/img]
[url=http://www.twilightus.net/feila/viewtopic.php?t=858]Battle Arena Stats[/url]
I'll accept any battle challenge anytime from anyone

n00b678
Omnipresence
Species: Fox

Post by n00b678 » Sun Apr 06, 2008 8:09 am

[CONTESTANT]

As the white tiger stared, he could suddenly feel a light tap on his shoulder, and a familiar voice behind him, "Well, of all the places in the world, I didn't expect to meet you all the way up here in the Arctic Islands." Behind the tiger stood a young arctic fox, somewhere in his early twenties, no older than twenty-five. He wore simple green robes that were warm and comfortable, and a large blindfold over his eyes. An old bow and a quiver of arrows rested on this fur's shoulders, though with the blindfold on, a fur couldn't help but wonder how he was going to see his target. This tiger and this fox knew each other from a time that seemed ages ago now.

Rogan Windrider
Marquis

Post by Rogan Windrider » Sun Apr 06, 2008 12:21 pm

[JUDGE]

Rogan walked along the raised platform and thumped his staff on the boards beneath him, loudly. "Excuse me!" he called. "The Archery Competition is about to begin. I'd like all the contestants to make their way towards me so I can explain the rules without shouting. Thank you." The Sorcerer then made his way off the platform and to a table set up for him. It had a quill and some parchment, both imbued with a small amount of magic, so they could be seen by him. He sat down in his chair and waited for the contestants to walk over to him.
Rogan Windrider, Skipper of Otters, Captain of the [i]Otter of the Ocean[/i], Member of Gawains Royal Navy, etc.

[url=http://twilightus.net/feila/viewtopic.php?t=2220]Midas Arena and Character Listing[/url]

http://restlessxsouls.proboards50.com/index.cgi

RabidFox
The Great Fox
Ireland

Post by RabidFox » Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:04 am

[GOD]

This role-play has been placed on hold, perhaps indefinitely. It may or may not be revived at a later date. For now, it will rest in the archives.