Welcome to the World of Feila!

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

New to the forum? Get started by reading general information about Feila and the rules of the forum.

Need help? Send a private message to RabidFox. The staff is always willing to assist users with questions and problems. There's also a thread for how to role-play.

Don't be shy. Feel free to start posting when you're ready. We have a friendly community that is more than happy to welcome you and invite you to role-play. And don't worry about all the informational threads! You only need minimal knowledge to role-play. There's no need to do lots of reading.

Role-players wanting to write role-playing posts under five sentences, see the One Liners board.

Check out our announcement forum, The World Court, for important information about what's going on in our community.

Want to chat with other Feilans? Check out our Discord server!

The Dark crystal(Open)

This is where all of the medieval Arctic Islands role-plays are archived.
PantalaimonX
Assassin

The Dark crystal(Open)

Post by PantalaimonX » Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:01 pm

(Ok this is the first rp i writte please try t have fun and post your character's bio when you join in.ThanksMy charcter's bio: http://www.twilightus.net/feila/viewtop ... highlight= ^^)

Narvik also known as the dark town,its the Northernmost town of Talini Nord.
Narvik unlike any other town in Artic islands does ot have a lighthouse to illuminate itself and beacuse of the extreme weather conditions its a less popular town to visit,who whould want to visit a place this cold and dark anyway.

There is a small crystal mine in the city but there isn't anything really special about it,its just a regular mine like all the others.
However there is a rumor about one mine near Narvik where one can find a special kind of crystal,rumor has it the crystals are connected to the spirit world,well this particular crystal isn't only connected to the spirit world it can control spirits granding his owner an ability stronger than magic the owner of the crystal can manipulate spirits and shadows/darkness around him,however its not that different from magic one could call this a form of dark magic.

This is one of the many rumors surounding Narvik,many tryed to find the crystal none of them succeeded thought.

Considering this rumor Pantalaimon thought of trying to search for the crystal,it couldn't hurt and he knew Narvik nd its surounding area very well.The only thing he needed now was some supplies for his journey,maybe a companion aswell,but he had to get rid of a companion in case he actually found the crystal.
In order to by supplies he needed money,thankfully he saved some money he got from stealing,he thought of buyinga weapon with but food came first.
''If i find that crystal i will be the most feared person in Artic islands,who knows maybe the most feared in Felia if the rumors about its power are true''He thought as he made his way to the center of the town where all the shops where located.He was really happy about this and he had high hopes about finding the dark crystal.

It was a cold day wtih some wind blowing.Nobody new came to Narvik for the past few weeks,seeing a stranger was rare but seeing an outsider in Narvik was rarest...
Last edited by PantalaimonX on Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sponsor

Tal_os
Count

Post by Tal_os » Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:17 pm

(Character's bios are included below. Here is the bio of the character used in this rp.)
http://twilightus.net/feila/viewtopic.php?t=3726

Alex stepped off the ship, his cloak wrapped tightly around him. He was glad his superiors had cared enough to provide him with much heavier clothing than he normally wore when they shipped him off here. His task was simple: His commander's he recently heard rumors of a large vein of crystal in this region, and he was to scout the area out and report back on the possibility of starting a new mine here. His dark fur immediately marked him out as a foreigner among the mass of white snow and fur. Behind him, the crew of the ship was struggling to herd a large, non-sentient ox off the ship. On it's back was several bags, mostly food and supplies. That should be enough to last until his job was done, assuming nothing happened.

Leading the ox, he left the docks and proceeded deeper into the town. His first priority should be to find a guide, someone who knew the region. Once that was done, he could truly begin his search.

PantalaimonX
Assassin

Post by PantalaimonX » Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:06 am

Pantalaimon continued with his shopping,he bought some food and water and stored it on a bag,he then bought some herbs he would use to make poison for his knifed gloves latter and finally he bought some rope and
black coat ,the weather was going to be rush even for an Arctic fox.

The wind has getting stronger and the temperature started dropping,no doubt a blizzard was coming.The dangers of the area surrounding Narvik where many,Pantalaimon was strongly thinking the idea of a companion to travel with him.

After he finished with his shopping he had some money left''Great,i can't really afford a good weapon with this but i can get something''He thought as he headed for the Blacksmith.

As soon as he arrived there he asked what he could buy with 1000 gold,the response he got was laughter,metal was rare in Narvik.
The blacksmith showed him an old kinda rusty machete,well that would obviously help him,it was better than nothing so he bought it.
''Hmm, ok this should do if i put poison on this it might be just as good as my knifes.Looks like i am out of money again,but at least i have evrything i need now''He thought.

''Well now if i could just find a companion i will be ready to head off''He thought,but his thoughts where interrupted by some commotion around the pass leading to Kiruna.'''Hmm?Whats this?''He thought as he rushed over to get a better view
it seamed someone arrived and he was an outsider as well,a rare sight for Narvik ...
[url=http://www.twilightus.net/feila/viewtopic.php?p=77745#77745/]Pantalaimon[/url]

Tal_os
Count

Post by Tal_os » Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:33 pm

Alex continued through the town. He could have sworn it was getting even colder, if that was possible. At least the wind had stopped. He reviewed his supplies. Everything seemed fine, but nobody had planned for delays, so extra food was needed. This whole assignment was rushed, a quick attempt to lay claim to possible riches before anyone else could, without any real planning to back it up. But he had his orders, and he would make the most of it.

He purchased the necessary items, leaving only one thing. He still needed a guide. Even a quick glance at the harsh landscape showed that he wouldn't last long without someone who knew the region. He scanned the surrounding furs, and one caught his eye. An arctic fox, already carrying supplies, who seemed to know what he was doing. Alex jerked on the ox's lead, and trudged through the snow to meet the fox. Alex was unsure how to greet him, so he got to the point quickly. "I require a guide, someone who knows the surrounding landscape well and won't make foolish mistakes. If you are skilled enough, I would like to hire you."
A little blunt, Alex thought, but he had never been good at meeting new people, and it got the message across.

PantalaimonX
Assassin

Post by PantalaimonX » Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:58 am

''I know this area like the back off my hand''Pantalaimon said to the black fox.
This was a good chance to get a companion to help him find the shadow crystal Pantalaimon thought as he accepted the offer.

''Well i am pretyy sure you are not here to sightsee so if you tell me what you are looking for can save you alot of time.''Pantalaimon was pretty sure he came for crystals,he wasn't sure if he camee for the same crystal he was looking for though,the best way to obtain that info was to get t know him better.''So whats your name anyway?''...
[url=http://www.twilightus.net/feila/viewtopic.php?p=77745#77745/]Pantalaimon[/url]

Kiba Kurokage
God
Species: Lupine

Post by Kiba Kurokage » Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:46 pm

(( http://www.twilightus.net/feila/viewtop ... highlight= ))

Crystal flew through the skies above the town, hir sharp eyes scanned below hir. The only part of hir visible was the black wings against the clouds that were just starting to form. Shi saw what looked like a newcomer and smiled. Shi dived down and landed about 10 feet from them, hir black wings shaking out a bit after the flight. Shi tucked hir wings againt hir back as shi often did when shi walked. "Hello there stranger. Haven't seen you around before." Shi said with a smile. Shi then thought shi must look weird, hir short sleeve white silk shirt and the knee-length white silk shorts as well. But shi liked the cold and rarely had to put anything else on. Shi dropped a leather bag on the ground off hir shoulder and said, "I have seen you around, but haven't introduced myself have I?" Shi asked, adjusting her four white leather card holders. "Well nice to meet you."
The strength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack.

Ask the deck and hope the cards fall in your favor...

[size=200][color=olive][b]/=~[/b][/color][b][color=brown]____[/color]
[u][color=olive](_)[/color][color=brown]|[/color][color=darkblue]+==[/color][/u][color=red]>[/color]
[color=brown][u]/[/u][/color][color=orange][u]DELTA[/u][/color][color=brown][u]\[/u][/color][color=green]==[/color][/b]
[color=Darkred]'O-O-O-O'[/color][/size]
[i][b]'SPAMMA TANK' Delta[/b][/i] [size=75]Created by [url=http://twilightus.net/feila/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=1356]Shade[/url][/size]
[i][b]AI Equipped Tank[/b][/i]

Tal_os
Count

Post by Tal_os » Fri Oct 30, 2009 4:28 pm

Alex smiled, although he was actually surprised. That had been easier than he had expected. The other fox must have already been planning a trip into the wilderness, or it probably would have been harder to persuade him. "Thank you for accepting my offer. I am looking for a mine in this area that was recently closed. People who have visited the mine have reported that the areas around it are unusually rich in crystals. We believe that there may be a large, untapped vein of crystal in the area surrounding the mine, or perhaps in the mine itself. I simply need to conform those rumors and..." he stopped as the sound of something gently impacting on the snow reached his ears.

He slowly turned around, and saw a winged gray wolf land about 10 feet away from him. His first reaction was shock, not only at her sudden appearance, but at the fact she was seemly unaffected by the extreme temperatures. The smile was gone, and was replaced by surprise, which was in turn replaced by an expression of interest. A flying scout would be very useful in his search, but he was still reluctant to get too many people involved. She probably wouldn't be interested anyway. He returned his thoughts to the topic at hand. "Nice to meet you too. My name is Alex, I'm new to this area. Who are you?"

PantalaimonX
Assassin

Post by PantalaimonX » Sat Oct 31, 2009 9:33 am

''Yeah i saw you aroud aswell,nice to finnaly meet you,i am Pantalaimon.''He then turned his attension to Alex and said''hehe,i had a feeling this was about crystals.''After having a pause to think he asked''Have you ever heard any of the legends about Narvik?''He asking hopping Alex had no idea,it whould have been easyer for him,however the flying wolf probaly knew the rumors abut the shadow crystal.

''Hmm,i guess i will ask her to join us,who knows we might need some extra help.''He hought as he turned to the wolf and said''Whould you like to join us in our search for crystals?''...

The winds was gettng stronger evry minute that passed,it seamed like this lizzard was goining to be one of the stronger blizzards to hit Narvik this year....

Kiba Kurokage
God

Post by Kiba Kurokage » Sat Oct 31, 2009 9:46 am

Shi smiled and even with the blowing wing shi felt comfortable. "It would give me something to do, so sure why not? It was getting boring around here anyway." Shi had to wonder though what type of crystal each was looking for. The dark crystal was only known by a select few and told by those who were chosen to know. The number stands at about forty people total so far. The other out of towner, he was probably looking for a regular crystal vein.

"Oh I apologise sirs. My name is Crystal. Yes I know the irony of the situation." Shi said with a sigh. "Oh, something you'll also need to know about me. I am a hermaphrodite. Any problems since I'll work for free? Well maybe for a bit of food, but that's it."

[u][color=olive](_)[/color][color=brown]|[/color][color=darkblue]+==[/color][/u][color=red]>[/color]
[color=brown][u]/[/u][/color][color=orange][u]DELTA[/u][/color][color=brown][u]\[/u][/color][color=green]==[/color][/b]
[i][b]'SPAMMA TANK' Delta[/b][/i] [size=75]Created by [url=http://twilightus.net/feila/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=1356]Shade[/url][/size]

PantalaimonX
Assassin

Post by PantalaimonX » Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:20 am

''No problem with that,i have plenty of food and looks like ur friends has alot of food aswell.''

''Hmm,there is goining to be blizzard soon,you can both come over at my house until it stops,then we can start searching.Follow me.''Pantalaimon said and started walking towards his house.

''Good it doesn't seam any of them know i thing''He thought while walking,he was pretty happy about it aswell,he was smiling all the way to his house.

Tal_os
Count

Post by Tal_os » Sat Oct 31, 2009 11:45 am

Alex trudged through the snow behind Pantalaimon. He was making progress far faster than he had expected. He had a guide, and an aerial scout. The wind continued to worsen, and he sped up slightly. He was still unsure what to make of his companions; they seemed trustworthy, but he was sure that they weren't working with him simply because he was paying them.

Kiba Kurokage
God

Post by Kiba Kurokage » Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:15 pm

Crystal smiled and followed them quietly. Years of sneaking around the arctic here made hir able to walk almost completely silently on the snow. The only problem was hir pawprints, but with the falling snow, they would be covered in ten minutes or less. Shi was rather perplexed at this sudden change of events, but still rather happy with the outcome. "Hey." Shi said to Alex. "You do have a permit to find and mine the crystals you're after right?" Shi wanted to make sure the operation was legal before shi dedicated hirself to the task.
Last edited by Kiba Kurokage on Sun Nov 01, 2009 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PantalaimonX
Assassin

Post by PantalaimonX » Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:56 pm

Pantalaimon sudenly turned to Alex aswell as soon as he heard crystal's question.
He didn't really care if Alex's business heree was legal,but something like this could ruin his plans.
He stood there silently waiting for Alex's response.
Sudenly it happened,the blizzard begun,the air allmost doubled its power in seconds and temperature was droping fast,it bacame difficult to see from the snow.

Thankfully the had arived to Pantalaimons house so they where able to escape the blizzard.
''That was a close one.''Pantalaimon said as soon as evryone got inside.
''So Alex do you have the permit or not.''He asked...

Tal_os
Count

Post by Tal_os » Sat Oct 31, 2009 4:43 pm

(Alex did introduce himself to Crystal, near the beginning.)

Alex tied the ox's lead to a nearby post, brushed the snow off himself, and stepped inside. He was happy to get out of the cold. His expression didn't change when the question about the permit came up, he had expected the issue to be raised sooner or later. He thought for a second before replying.

"I do not have a permit, however I am not here to mine the crystals. I am simply here to conform rumors of a crystal-rich patch of land near the mine. If the rumors are true, then an operation will most likely be organized to resume mining, and I will do all I can to make sure they have a permit." The last part was fabricated. He had little influence over the mining crew themselves, but it would probably help reassure the fox and the wolf if he said he did.

PantalaimonX
Assassin

Post by PantalaimonX » Sun Nov 01, 2009 12:17 pm

Pantalaimon couldn't care less about Alex's permit,all he could think about was the dark crystal and nothing else,he was quite revield that evrything was ok with Alex's little crystal business.

He offered Crystal and Alex some warm tea as they waited for the blizzard out side to stop.

''Hmm,i wonder where i left that old book that explains the useage of the crystal''He thought,it was a big Balck book written in an ancient forgeton language that natives of the Artic islands used to speak many years ago,Pantalaimon knew how to read it,he actually found th book in some old relics while he was wondering around Narvik one day it was buried under snow.

It whould been pretty troublesome if any fo his guest saw it.
He truned to crystal and said''So crystal from wich town are you fro-''Before he could finish his sentance he looked behind Crystal in horror,there it was,the book about the dark crystal.He had to act fast before anyne coudl see it,he figured out he should just pretend nothng was wrong and hopefully no one whould notice it,but that was kind of hard considering his stuned expresion...