Welcome to the World of Feila!

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

New to the forum? Get started by reading general information about Feila and the rules of the forum.

Need help? Send a private message to RabidFox. The staff is always willing to assist users with questions and problems. There's also a thread for how to role-play.

Don't be shy. Feel free to start posting when you're ready. We have a friendly community that is more than happy to welcome you and invite you to role-play. And don't worry about all the informational threads! You only need minimal knowledge to role-play. There's no need to do lots of reading.

Role-players wanting to write role-playing posts under five sentences, see the One Liners board.

Check out our announcement forum, The World Court, for important information about what's going on in our community.

Want to chat with other Feilans? Check out our Discord server!

Whiteout (Closed)

This is where all of the medieval Arctic Islands role-plays are archived.
Canis
Marquis
Posts: 663
Joined: Mon Jul 10, 2006 4:19 pm
Gender: Male
Species: Ursus Arctos
Location: Brasília, BR
Contact:

Whiteout (Closed)

Post by Canis » Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:43 pm

Whiteout

Image

Players:
Starting location: The town of Klin
Current location: Klin
Current DM mood: Thrilled

Discussions thread: here

Sponsor
 

Canis
Marquis
Posts: 663
Joined: Mon Jul 10, 2006 4:19 pm
Gender: Male
Species: Ursus Arctos
Location: Brasília, BR
Contact:

Re: Whiteout

Post by Canis » Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:53 pm

ImageHE fog from earlier is nearly all gone and you can clearly the port ahead. It's evening already, or it would be if you were more in the south. Here, the sky is still high in the sky and probably will warm the land for a couple more hours. It's doing a sloppy job, it seems: the cold is still almost unbearable as always, and seems like there was a blizzard earlier today or maybe yesterday. Welcome to the town of Klin, one of the most popular tourist spots in the Arctic Islands.

You disembark from the Nutjuitok. While walking towards the exit to the city, you notice that most of the snow is removed from the streets and other common areas, but you can still see quite a bit of the townsfolk carrying shovels and cleaning more way. It's amazing to see how bustling the city is, despite the weather: there are people going back and forth, haggling for lower prices, carrying crates and loading the ships soon to set sail. A singular upbeat feeling can be felt. It is almost as if people ignore the negative temperature. Talking about it, it's possible to distinguish natives from tourists by looking at their outfit: although everybody is wearing fur from top to toe, it's clear that the latter's are thinner, and they are not wearing hats. The former are pretty much like yours: all bulky and very clumsy, but warm as heck.

You are at the entrance gate of Klin, just past the brick street which surrounds the city and separates it from the cold shores. The city itself is surrounded by mid-sized stone walls, apparently built more for protection against the wind than a possible raid. You can see from here that the houses follow traces of Yamahanese and Gawanian architecture, but with much steeper roofs, and a clear preference for thermal isolative materials. At the streets towards probably the market square, you can see a lot of people and a few vendors. At your southwest, a huge tower blocks a small shard of sunlight, while emanating one by itself. That would be the lighthouse which guided your ship earlier. Along with you is a fresh batch of tourists, being many of them familiar already, since you came in the same ship. Some are looking for entertainment while others are looking for adventure or work. The outfit quality makes clear who's who. As you were informed earlier, most of the inns are within downtown area.

User avatar
Healy
Baron
Posts: 264
Joined: Sat May 01, 2010 6:29 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Fresno, CA
Contact:

Re: Whiteout

Post by Healy » Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:08 am

Well, this is new. I've never felt embarrassed about my shovel's size before. Cantuo had noticed while getting off the ship that many of the natives had shovels as well, though these were more for clearing away the snow than for digging through dirt. He got a few odd looks from the other tourists and a more discreet one from a native for his fingerless gloves as well. But how were they to know the gloves were enchanted to keep his hands warm? They all probably thought he was daft and would lose his paws to frostbite.

None of this bothered the wolf so much as the cold. The biting cold! He even had the hood of his newly made fur coat up, but it still clawed its way past his face and shoulders into the rest of him. Oh, he wanted to check out some of the vendors to see if there were any small gems or scraps of ribbon to buy, but what use would such things be in a place this cold? They were probably luxury items with exorbitant prices. Cantuo shook his head as he began to make his way towards what he hoped was downtown, trying his best not to trip anyone up with his spade, what with the hood limiting his peripheral vision and all.
My Characters:

[url=http://twilightus.net/feila/viewtopic.php?t=4679]Cantuo Lotherdwell[/url]

JamesG
Inquisitor
Posts: 3612
Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 1:43 am
Gender: Male

Re: Whiteout

Post by JamesG » Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:55 am

There were certain rules about foreigners, in the mind of Tahvo Korhonen. The best sort of foreigner was one that had Arctic ancestry. Then, came the Domish, Edwinish, Gawainians and Mazans, in that order. The Yamahans were an enemy to be subjugated, however, and Arctic conquests of Northern Yamaha corresponded to this common view. Kahunians were mistrusted, and if you were an Avian from the Territory of the Ravens, you had less status than a feral animal. In fact, Avian was consumed as a delicacy in some parts of the Islands. The leopard seal thought these things not only due to upbringing, or religion, but also because he worked for a group called the NKO, or New Keepers of Order. The worst thing with which Tahvo had to deal, was foreigners trying to interfere in Arctic politics and government. The right of the Tsar to rule was a contentious topic abroad, as it had come about by a coup. However, domestically, it had met very little opposition, mainly because nobody had the ability to oppose it, but also because the Tsar happened to rule the country better than his predecessor.

Tahvo was a native of Andalsnes, a walled coastal city in Talini Syd. He had travelled to Klin, however, on the pretext of expanding his carpentry trade, as well as seeing the sled dog race. The great race from Naklin, in the far West, to Klin in the East was a very popular event, and Tahvo intended to be at the finish line for when the sleds came through. However, the main reason Tahvo had come to Klin, travelling in convoy with traders and whalers from Andalsnes across the island's frozen landscape, was on the lookout for trouble from immigrants, particularly from Kahun. Kahunians were particularly targeted by the Keepers due to their habit of importing, or smuggling items of black magic into the nation, where they could do all sorts of harm. Blasphemy was also actively promoted by many Kahunians, whom were quite open about their misguided faith. The Tsar did not have the resources nor the interest, however, to launch a Crusade against them; he had heard of many Edwinish and Domish Crusades failing with superior forces than he could muster. So, the NKO had to limit the influence of the heretics domestically as best as possible.

Tahvo stood out as a wealthier man in the crowd than most of the locals, many of whom were not nearly as well-fed. He had feral Polar Bear furs keeping him warm, nicely fashioned dark blue and black clothing, with royal blue and silver patterning, and short black boots. The colours matched his own short fur, blue-black, with a bluish grey colour on his neck and lower part of his face, flecked with large blue-black spots. His electric blue eyes surveyed the new arrivals from the port, many of whom were wandering up the main street. He was waiting for two things. First, he was expecting a member of the NKO to make contact with him, whom had recently arrived on a ship from Kahun. Second he was doing some scouting work, picking out any reptiles in the crowd. Tahvo had a habit of following suspected people around until he was sure they did not participate in criminal activity.

Tahvo was not alone, he had a few of the guardsmen waiting for his signal. Often, the best thing to do with a suspected troublemaker at the docks was for the leopard seal simply to give some waiting guards a discreet sign. As they knew his status as a Keeper, they could move in and intervene without the Keeper having to reveal himself. It was quite basic work to Tahvo, but it kept him amused until his real work began. He was currently staring at an older looking dragon, whom was trailing behind a wolf with a hooded fur coat and fingerless gloves. The dragon looked a little uneasy, mainly due to his scant clothing, in comparison with the well-clad Islanders. Tahvo sneered in mild disgust. The orange-scaled reptile had a pendant around his neck, with a symbol of the Tridekatheon upon it. Blatant religious incitement. Tahvo knew the dragon had reached the final straw when he noted the reptile was using magic to warm himself, sending glowing yellow rivulets of magical energy across his scales. Even though dragons were cold-blooded, and needed magical warmth to survive the Arctic, what was seen as black magic was expressly forbidden.

Sensing his first catch of his stay in Klin, Tahvo casually bought a cooked fish from a nearby market stall. Fish, flame cooked and sold on a stick, was fairly popular around coastal towns, and one of the leopard seal's favourite foods. His mouth now full of hot fish, he rubbed his cheek, his left index and middle finger pointing towards the oncoming dragon, whom was looking at the market stalls with Naïve curiosity. Tahvo twirled his left paw in the air, and the signal was complete. Without warning, guards in furs with a black two-headed stoat emblazoned upon them encircled the reptile. He gave a cry of surprise, shouting out, "What is the meaning of this? I have done no wrong!" Before being roughly manhandled to his knees. His scimitar was taken, his religious necklace torn from his neck, and the head of the guards put his knee sharply into the foreigner's stomach, making him bend over in pain, snarling. The guards grabbed him by each arm, and half-walked half-dragged him away, presumably to be informed of his crimes, and locked up overnight as punishment.

Tahvo chuckled to himself, finishing his fish. It may have seemed an unpleasant thing to do, but Tahvo had been required to do much worse than arrest and imprison minor acts of heresy. Serving the Tsar sometimes meant executions, and these were the moments that Tahvo was least happy with himself. In his view, merely imprisoning a Kahunian was much better than killing one. Pleased at having another prisoner to his name, the leopard seal began to pick at his sharp white teeth with the stick, idly moving from stall to stall, with the kind of nonchalant air only a Kulak could carry off. He had enough wealth to buy a lot of what was on sale, yet the experience in mercantile to know what was worth buying.
"You can't just remain a root forever. Eventually you grow and change into other things, like stems and leaves and such. Are a tree's leaves an insult to its roots?" - Sade

"It is easy for a statesman, whether he be in the Cabinet or the Chamber, to blow a blast with the wind of popularity on the trumpet of war, warming himself the while at his own fireside; or to thunder orations from this tribune and then to leave it to the musketeer who is bleeding to death in the snow whether his system win fame and victory or no. There is nothing easier than that; but woe to the statesman who in these days does not look around him for a reason for war which will hold water when the war is over." - Otto von Bismarck

My Characters

User avatar
Rainwhisker
King
Posts: 1937
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:26 am
Gender: Male
Species: Lynx canadensis
Location: Travancore/Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Contact:

Re: Whiteout

Post by Rainwhisker » Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:18 am

It didn't really please him to walk into town dressed in his entire armor of steel - even though the set was specially made as to maximize comfort at the expense of what would have been very thick mail. He was warm enough from the thick sleeved doublet that he wore underneath. The addition of armor atop that barely did much to how cramped he felt. But it was better and simpler this way. Instead of lugging around his set, the kangaroo found it best that he would bear with this for the duration until he reached the nearest inn.

Stepping out of the Nutjuitok, the macropod cursed under his breath and wished the ship good riddance. His greaves made a very light clunk as his feet crushed snow, padding on while stretching his limbs for what would have been the millionth time today. For the first time in a while, the stretch actually left him satisfied. He rotated his neck slightly and felt himself relax. Stopping, his ears caught the sounds of a gentle sloshing of waves and haggling traders for fish. His nose constantly reminded him that these fish were everywhere. He shrugged, taking calm steps towards the entrance of this town of Klin. He brought his gauntlet covered paw to brush against his short, yellow hair that smoothly flowed along the top of his head to the base of his neck as the icy winds brushed against his face. The chill was oddly welcoming, a bit colder than his native home in the northern regions of Domus or the mountainous estate that his family owned in Edwin.

It was but a few steps later in the markets when his ears caught the sound of a crowd gathering - someone cried out. The grey furred marsupial watched from a distance, deciding not to proceed anywhere near the crowd. It was the strange looking dragon from aboard the boat, brought to his knees and abused by the town guards, then was dragged away - presumably to jail. He watched on with pity, though it was not in his place nor did he know the circumstances. He shrugged, continuing on towards the gates of Klin. He stopped just outside the gates, making a mental note of any interesting shops that he passed along the way, yet he found no inns from the route he took. Downtown certainly was not in his way.

From where he was standing, he could start to see slightly past the thick fog several structures of much interest. Sunlight was there at least - though it was partly covered by the lighthouse at this time. He was eager to go explore this city, for he had decided he would stay here awhile to enjoy this moment while he could. He shrugged, and began seeking the inns downtown. The coin of Cleimer Culvert would certainly go to the better establishment.
Image Image- I pranked/shot Felia. Mwahahaaha!

My Character Compilation
Avatar - Merci @ Duchess!!!! :D

Chat on the IRC!

User avatar
Healy
Baron
Posts: 264
Joined: Sat May 01, 2010 6:29 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Fresno, CA
Contact:

Re: Whiteout

Post by Healy » Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:15 pm

'No. Please no. No no no no no not me...' Cantuo gritted his teeth and stiffened up a bit as the commotion with the dragon began. Once it was apparent that he wasn't to be included in whatever was going on behind him, the wolf started moving forward again more quickly than before. If there was anything he learned from half-remembered books about people's trips to the arctic, it was that you don't question the authorities, especially if you're a foreigner.

He did have to slow down a bit as a few curious furs came over to watch the dragon's arrest in order to move past them without trouble, but there was still some slight jostling and hurried apologies. The jostling added some fuel to the leftover panic from the earlier arrest and Cantuo became a bit disoriented while passing through the city's gates. After a while the wolf slowed down to a normal pace, and later just stood at the side of a road while he calmed himself down. He rubbed his forehead with his left paw, the warmth from its glove helping immensely, and tried to remember how to get to the inns when it hit him. He had quite forgotten exactly which direction downtown was in.

Cantuo rubbed his forehead harder as he sucked air in through his teeth. 'Why did I forget? Oh, now what do I do? Well, 'downtown' is usually away from a city's main entrance, so for this place that would be away from the shore.' The wolf raised his head and began carrying his shovel over his right shoulder as he started walking again. 'I just...have to head north, and if the inns aren't there, I'm going to have to take my chances asking the guards.' As he made his way down the street due north, it was obvious to anyone who could see his face that Cantuo was nervous and felt lost.
My Characters:

[url=http://twilightus.net/feila/viewtopic.php?t=4679]Cantuo Lotherdwell[/url]

JamesG
Inquisitor
Posts: 3612
Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 1:43 am
Gender: Male

Re: Whiteout

Post by JamesG » Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:37 pm

Tahvo had idly glanced at the marsupial in armour, as he casually wandered through the market. The leopard seal was all at once roughly knocked to one side. Surprised, he bared his teeth in anger and reproach, before his assailant grabbed his left paw. "Oh, I'm so sorry, I did not see you there," the cloaked and hooded figure apologised. Tahvo hardly saw the fur's face before he disappeared amongst the foreigners and the merchants. Opening his paw, he gave the faintest smile. There was a piece of vellum in his paw, which no doubt had instructions written upon it. The unknown fur that had bumped into him was the contact for which he had been waiting. He casually strolled over to an alleyway between two stone and wood buildings, their tiled roofs high and slanted to deflect heavy snowfall. Carefully, making sure nobody had followed him, he opened it. Of course, it was in code, a jumble of different words in Diktion Arktik, the native language. Decoded, the message was; "MAZAN JEWEL THIEF. BOUNTY OF 50 KOSAR ALIVE. ARRIVED TWO DAYS AGO. LIVES IN NORTH KLIN."

Tahvo frowned, trying to collect his thoughts. The note was quite brief, with no details beyond his objective. Search, arrest, interrogate. Jewel thieves were particularly irksome to the Arctic trade with other countries. Arctic crystals were rare and very valuable, and jewel thieves took particular delight in plundering the Islands of their only precious stones. A common enough problem, but it would take some time to find the thief. Tahvo slipped the note away down the inside of his left boot, and hurried on his way. He was headed to the Northern parts of Klin. With two Keepers on the case, the seal's work would be a little easier. Ahead of Tahvo was the wolf he had seen before. All around them, there was noise. Furs chattering in Diktion Arktik, the constant click and thud of boots on the flagstone street, and the ever present chilly breeze. Tahvo even thought he heard a group of troubadours playing in the distance. Klin was a lively town, and that made his stay all that much more exciting.

((OOC: 'Downtown'? This isn't New York! :P))
"You can't just remain a root forever. Eventually you grow and change into other things, like stems and leaves and such. Are a tree's leaves an insult to its roots?" - Sade

"It is easy for a statesman, whether he be in the Cabinet or the Chamber, to blow a blast with the wind of popularity on the trumpet of war, warming himself the while at his own fireside; or to thunder orations from this tribune and then to leave it to the musketeer who is bleeding to death in the snow whether his system win fame and victory or no. There is nothing easier than that; but woe to the statesman who in these days does not look around him for a reason for war which will hold water when the war is over." - Otto von Bismarck

My Characters

Canis
Marquis
Posts: 663
Joined: Mon Jul 10, 2006 4:19 pm
Gender: Male
Species: Ursus Arctos
Location: Brasília, BR
Contact:

Re: Whiteout

Post by Canis » Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:39 pm

Someone approaches Cantuo. A bit shorter than him, and looks younger as well. A skinny arctic hare with a very bright fur, in a mix of white and blonde fur tone. Wearing a dark brown caribou fur, boots and gloves. Hood’s down, which reveals her gender. Everything pretty ordinary but the small piece of jewelry she’s wearing. Well, “Jewelry” is an overstatement: it’s more like an old string around her neck, tying a small crystal, smaller than a nail. But for a moment it is hit by the sun and shines graciously – evidence of purity. She starts talking to him.

A girl is talking to Cantuo. Tahvo is a few steps behind him. Cleimer is closer, but in the other direction.

((Special circumstances: Until my next post, the posting order will be Healy -> Darkvalkyr -> JamesG))

User avatar
Healy
Baron
Posts: 264
Joined: Sat May 01, 2010 6:29 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Fresno, CA
Contact:

Re: Whiteout

Post by Healy » Sat Oct 16, 2010 1:25 am

Cantuo smiles to the girl and replies to her, "Well, sure. But I have to warn you, I haven't gotten my coins exchanged for local currency yet, so we may have to work out a barter with my possessions if that's alright with you..." The wolf lowers his hood in good faith and starts rolling his shoulders awkwardly as he tries to get one of his bags straps free. The left strap slides down his arm after the first few tries and he swings around the gray bag so that it's hanging from his right arm, the shovel in his paw keeping it from falling off. 'Hmm, I wonder what the people here consider 'something beautiful'? I just hope she doesn't ask for too many of the ribbons and metals if she won't take the coins. I'm more partial to those than the jewels and inks...'
My Characters:

[url=http://twilightus.net/feila/viewtopic.php?t=4679]Cantuo Lotherdwell[/url]

User avatar
Rainwhisker
King
Posts: 1937
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:26 am
Gender: Male
Species: Lynx canadensis
Location: Travancore/Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Contact:

Re: Whiteout

Post by Rainwhisker » Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:36 am

((I think I'll write from first person from this point on.))

Making my way down the road to find an inn, I came across a familiar face - one wolf that was from the ride. Perhaps he knew better than I, so maybe there was merit in asking him a few questions. However, he was already talking to someone - making barter and trading goods, it seemed. Not bearing much interest to me or my immediate need of a place to just unload my belongings and better prepare myself to look through and explore the city, I turned another way and headed down a different path, keeping my eyes on the fascinating designs of Yamahan and Gawainian structures that interestingly lined this city - including a few oddities that seemed to be a blend of both. My greaves continued to make the crunching steps as I walked through a snowy-cobblestone path, hoping to see a good sign that would point me to an inn - perhaps a couple of loud clangs of glass, a rowdy bunch in a tavern, or maybe - hopefully and he was ever doubtful people would try to stay their hand from drinks in this weather - a simple sign that had a name reminiscent of an inn would suffice instead of a drunkard tossed out the window.

I chuckled and subconsciously brought my gauntlet covered paw to feel around by ruff, as if I could still feel the pain.
Image Image- I pranked/shot Felia. Mwahahaaha!

My Character Compilation
Avatar - Merci @ Duchess!!!! :D

Chat on the IRC!

JamesG
Inquisitor
Posts: 3612
Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 1:43 am
Gender: Male

Re: Whiteout

Post by JamesG » Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:53 pm

Tahvo would be the first to admit he was altogether too curious a fur. He did not see other people's business as strictly private. In fact, he preferred to disregard privacy and discretion for want of the truth. So it was not surprising that he had an eye on all that unfolded before him. An undernourished arctic hare, wearing peasant's furs accosting the foreigner he had been more or less tailing till he reached the northern end of the town. What struck him as peculiar was her jewel, a tiny sliver of crystal held by a mere string around her neck. Tahvo was instantly wary. Ordinary folk did not often casually wear the jewelry associated with the nobility and Imperial royalty of the islands. Even he, a separate class above the hare, had no way to mine nor afford such luxury items, small as that crystal might have been. Which of course inflamed the inquisitive nature of the leopard seal. An innocent explanation could be found. Perhaps the jewel was a family heirloom, or lucky chance? Yet, other explanations presented themselves before Tahvo. Was this the result of jewel thievery? Not ten minutes ago, Tahvo had been assigned a case on the very topic of a jewel thief, but that had been for a Mazan. If the thief was, indeed, Mazan, what part did a native arctic hare play in this? Possibly none at all. Still, Tahvo had absolutely no idea where else to start. He could not very well go around interrogating every rodent in Klin until he had found his thief, nor could he search through every building, and cause a ruckus. Here was a rare crystal winking him in the face around the neck of some girl whom could hardly afford a decent meal, let alone wear expensive stones like that. It was Tahvo's first, and only lead, and a pretty weak lead it was, but he had nothing else to go on.

However, Tahvo had no way of discerning what was being said. The wolf foreigner was taking off his bag. Tahvo wandered off to his left, pretending to be fascinated by the fur cloak in the window of a tailor's, all the while glancing at the two furs further on up the road. He was not sure what the foreigner had to do with the hare, or vice versa. She had approached him fairly confidently. Either they knew each other, or she was trying to sell him something. Alternatively, Tahvo thought to himself, a wicked smile playing about his lips, it was some ploy to take advantage of a newcomer, and she was about to con him out of his possessions. The leopard seal had seen such things occur often in Andalsnes, where beggars and the like would attempt to trade with travellers, then snatch their gold and run off laughing. Tahvo usually had the last laugh, however, when they ran straight into waiting guards. The seal found such arrests most profitable, he could confiscate the money for investigations, immediately find the thief guilty, and keep the gold for himself. Keepers were beholden to virtually nobody but the Tsar and themselves, and none of Tahvo's friends nor His Imperial Majesty ever begrudged him a few extra coins in his pocket for a job well done, which is how the leopard seal usually justified his actions. So, Tahvo waited, hoping that his deductions about the crystal, along with his natural tendency to investigate such seemingly trivial matters, would pay off in the end.
"You can't just remain a root forever. Eventually you grow and change into other things, like stems and leaves and such. Are a tree's leaves an insult to its roots?" - Sade

"It is easy for a statesman, whether he be in the Cabinet or the Chamber, to blow a blast with the wind of popularity on the trumpet of war, warming himself the while at his own fireside; or to thunder orations from this tribune and then to leave it to the musketeer who is bleeding to death in the snow whether his system win fame and victory or no. There is nothing easier than that; but woe to the statesman who in these days does not look around him for a reason for war which will hold water when the war is over." - Otto von Bismarck

My Characters

Canis
Marquis
Posts: 663
Joined: Mon Jul 10, 2006 4:19 pm
Gender: Male
Species: Ursus Arctos
Location: Brasília, BR
Contact:

Re: Whiteout

Post by Canis » Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:04 pm

The girl simply smiles, amused by Cantuo's reaction.

- No, you silly - She said, as if they were long friends. - Follow me.

Unceremoniously, she grabs Cantuo's hand and starts guiding him somewhere, not caring if he is willing to do so. But it took a few steps and she bumps into Claimer, releasing Cantuo immediately. She stares at the kangaroo for a second or so. She blushed. Well, or that was the oddest blush ever or she actually expressed fear. The girl leaves as quickly as she came, in something that resembles a forced march.

Cleimer and Cantuo are facing each other. Cleimer can see something reflecting the light at his feet. Something small, tied to a string. Tahvo is still at his position. He also can see something at Cleimer's greaves. Most of the people at the street are more concerned about the dragon situation which just reached its simple conclusion, with the reptile being arrested.

((The first post goes to Darkvalkyr, and may be followed by anyone. After the three posted, the posting order is free again))

User avatar
Rainwhisker
King
Posts: 1937
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:26 am
Gender: Male
Species: Lynx canadensis
Location: Travancore/Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Contact:

Re: Whiteout

Post by Rainwhisker » Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:23 pm

I suddenly felt someone run into my left - it was the rabbit from before, speaking with that wolf. I stumbled slightly, catching her stare and a strange...blush, was it? I tried to mutter a word to say that I felt no ill, but she marched off without a word. I frowned, and then noticed that the fur she was speaking to, the wolf was now facing me. "Excuse me, ah -" I began to say, making a motion to walk off when a glint of light came from the base of my greaves. Looking down, I noticed a small object tied to a spring - it looked like a jewel. My eyes beamed as I quickly examined it, before mentally declaring it belonged to the girl. I bent down, picked it up and handed it to the wolf. "This probably belongs to your her, I take it?" I didn't wait for him to extend his hand; I was tired and a bit sore from all the lack of a decent bed to lie on without the rocking feeling, so I literally shoved it to him and started to walk in the direction of the other section of the city. "Now, if you'll excuse me..." I said, my greaves beginning a fast-paced crunching of snow.
Image Image- I pranked/shot Felia. Mwahahaaha!

My Character Compilation
Avatar - Merci @ Duchess!!!! :D

Chat on the IRC!

User avatar
Healy
Baron
Posts: 264
Joined: Sat May 01, 2010 6:29 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Fresno, CA
Contact:

Re: Whiteout

Post by Healy » Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:33 am

It seemed that Cantuo was to be helplessly dragged along by his free hand for his efforts and misunderstanding. As the young hare began to pull him along, she ran into a kangaroo covered in armor, which was probably further stiffened by the cold. For some reason the girl just stared up at the 'roo before marching herself away. When the wolf was about to apologize for what happened, the 'roo picked the girl's crystal up off the ground and shoved it at him. After fumbling with the small thing a bit he managed to catch it in his palm.

Cantuo bit his lip to keep from making some backhanded remark about rudeness at the retreating 'roo before looking around for the girl. The wolf let out an exasperated sigh as he realized that the hare was long gone, and he had no idea as to which direction she had marched off in. Cantuo frowned at the ground for a minute or so. 'Someone who marches away like that probably isn't gonna come back. But I should return this. But it's pretty. But it's not mine. but I don't know where she went.' Cantuo went through this thought process until he sighed again and finally resolved himself to just go find an inn.

The hybrid placed the crystal in a small box in his bag that was used for storing ribbons, to make sure that it didn't break, before closing it once more and placing it on his back. It took a couple of tries at swinging the thing around behind him, but this didn't take long. Shovel in hand, bag upon shoulders, and slight frown upon his face, Cantuo now began walking himself further into the town, completely ignoring the other shops along the way.
My Characters:

[url=http://twilightus.net/feila/viewtopic.php?t=4679]Cantuo Lotherdwell[/url]

User avatar
Rainwhisker
King
Posts: 1937
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:26 am
Gender: Male
Species: Lynx canadensis
Location: Travancore/Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Contact:

Re: Whiteout

Post by Rainwhisker » Sat Oct 23, 2010 5:47 pm

It took long for me to find a nice, quiet little inn. I felt its warmth emanating just as I passed, and knew right away that this would be a great place to stay. Turning back, I entered the humble building. Decent in furniture, nothing in the way of unpleasant smells and no horrid tastes formed in my mouth. Most importantly, my ears stood upright to catch random bashing and crashing glass, but I heard naught but the faintest pawsteps. Finding this comfortable, I pressed on, closing the door behind me, the wood gently clamping itself against the frame. "Anyone inside?" I asked. No alcohol in the air. That must explain why the inn was deserted. Except for the rare traveler in need of a good rest.
Image Image- I pranked/shot Felia. Mwahahaaha!

My Character Compilation
Avatar - Merci @ Duchess!!!! :D

Chat on the IRC!

Locked

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests