Welcome to the World of Feila!

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

New to the forum? Get started by reading general information about Feila and the rules of the forum.

Need help? Send a private message to RabidFox. The staff is always willing to assist users with questions and problems. There's also a thread for how to role-play.

Don't be shy. Feel free to start posting when you're ready. We have a friendly community that is more than happy to welcome you and invite you to role-play. And don't worry about all the informational threads! You only need minimal knowledge to role-play. There's no need to do lots of reading.

Role-players wanting to write role-playing posts under five sentences, see the One Liners board.

Check out our announcement forum, The World Court, for important information about what's going on in our community.

Want to chat with other Feilans? Check out our Discord server!

Gathering materials.(Open)

This is where all of the medieval Arctic Islands role-plays are archived.
kitsuni89
Omnipresence
Species: sapphire wolf

Gathering materials.(Open)

Post by kitsuni89 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:05 am

The land was covered by sheer ice. The wind could make a fire elemental freeze to death if was out there long enough. In a distance was a weasel with heavy coats. He stepped quick in the chilling cold made his whiskers hang tiny icicle like structures before he found a small cavern. "This will have to do." His voise was dry and crackling from dryness. Squeezing in the entrance, Rudolk found the cavern to be way bigger than appeared. It was like a entire inn in relations to space. In the center, he started a fire with his paws. It was convienant there was a couple of old, frozen trees outside the entrance.

Rudolk dried off a couple pieces of chopped wood and fed the fire. Rubbing paws together to keep warm he looked at his surroundings. "I wonder if there is any suitable materials in this frozen tundra?"
Slimtart: I am known as the twin spirit fox.
Kovu: No...your known as a the demented creature from the darkness.
Slimtart: Oh and you have what power to give me a title? Come here and I will show you why your known as the broken tooth wolf.
Kovu: Noooo! *runs*
Slimtart: Why you running? *Chases*
Benice: *Steps out and punches both their noses making them fall* Stop you two or I will chain you out side again.....males..always a rock in my boot. *sigh.*

Sponsor

Jay Hyena
Rogue
Species: Spotted Hyena

Re: Gathering materials.(Open)

Post by Jay Hyena » Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:09 am

There was only one way to describe the land surrounding the the white-furred wolf. Bitter cold wasteland. At least that was what the wolf, Ivon, was thinking. Ivon had a history of trying to come up with plus sides for things, but this time he just couldn't think of any. He was freezing, sent by Domus to explore the newly discovered Arctic Islands. His higher-ups were hoping to find some kind of resource they could take in order to make some extra money. Unfortunately, Ivon had seen nothing but ice and snow so far, his thick winter coats were just barely keeping him warm enough.

Eventually he came to a cave, and without thinking, he ran to it. Making it to the mouth of the cave, he realised someone else was inside. He cautiously entered just inside the cave and called out, "Hello!?" He awaited a reply as his voice echoed though the expansive cave.
You wish your sig was as awesome as mine.

My RP Character: http://twilightus.net/feila/viewtopic.p ... 28#p106228

Dusk-Runner
Thief
Species: Blisc

Post by Dusk-Runner » Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:50 am

Dusk sneezed for the fifth time in a minute, huddling into his cloak. The wind whirled hollowly around him, whispering through the mountains, freezing anything in its icy grip. If it wasn't for the potential salvage in these mountains from dead travellers, as well as the occasional arctic flowers that fetched a nice price at the herbalist shops, he wouldn't be here. But he was drawn here whether he liked it or not. The new region offered new sights, new people and new truth above all others.

The mane of white fur around his neck was something he was thankful for, even if he lacked it everywhere else. Bliscs were meant to be able to survive cold nights in the forest, but sleet and snow for days on end they were not. He would need shelter soon.

A large mass of black rock caught his attention, the front of it opening into a cave. Shelter against the wind would be welcome, and perhaps he could get his bearings and figure out a way to search the mountains systematically.

His mouth opened for a few seconds, muttering words that sounded like roaring wind through a great valley, blending in with the sound of the gale. A small ball of light appeared in front of him, hovering at a distance as he moved towards the dark opening of the cave.

kitsuni89
Omnipresence

Post by kitsuni89 » Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:40 pm

Rudolk jumped at first when the voice echoed into the cave. "Yes there is someone in here. Come in its cold out there you know. That goes for your buddy coming up behind you also." He laughed to himself relizing they not might know eachother and that might make the first one turn fast to see who was behind him. As the two came in he stuck his paw out and clamped it shut hard making the entrance cover over with a sheet of thick ice. "Welcome you two. You here to look for certain things too? I have found multiple things so far if you want to check if any of it is what your looking for. Warning the items I got so far isn't that rare or precious." He smiled and gestured for them to sit by the fire.
Slimtart: Oh and you have what power to give me a title? Come here and I will show you why your known as the broken tooth wolf.
Benice: *Steps out and punches both their noses making them fall* Stop you two or I will chain you out side again.....males..always a rock in my boot. *sigh.*

Dusk-Runner
Thief

Post by Dusk-Runner » Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:09 am

Dusk surveyed both the cave, and the oddly welcoming weasel, carefully. He sat by the fire, loosening the thick cloak that ran over his shoulders. Uttering another word, to him clear as day but to anyone else listening, sounding a sudden howl of wind that ran through the cave from his own mouth, snuffing out the small ball of light that hovering in front of him.

"You're scavenging for materials? That makes two of us..." Dusk said, reaching into his bag and pulling out a pair of silver bracers, far too big for his own arms. "These winds can claim bigger men than I, and their possessions make a good source of income if you can locate where they drop...although the snow usually covers their bodies long before anyone arrives...". He replaced the bracers and settled himself, his rapier scraping against the hard rock as he sat, staying clipped to his belt.

Jay Hyena
Rogue

Post by Jay Hyena » Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:45 am

Ivon was surprised by the blisc that had been around, not expecting many others out in the Arctic Islands. He entered the cave, definitly less cautious after he was invited into the cave. He sat down beside the fire once inside, happy to be near som warmth after being stuck in the frigid cold. "Thank you... It's freezing out there," He listened to the blisc, specifically hearing they were all out there scavenging for materials. "Ah, so I see we're all in the same boat, huh? I haven't had much luck finding anything out here."

Dusk-Runner
Thief

Post by Dusk-Runner » Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:52 pm

"Bring a pet with a strong nose, the wind just carries the smell of decaying bodies..." Dusk suggested. "Unfortunately pet's seem to have a habit of dying in this cold..." He reached into his pack at his side and withdrew a small clump of leaves, chewing on one, his mouth burning with the peppery taste.

"Are we all scavengers here? Or just passing through this hell?" he asked, replacing the bundle of leaves. "Let me know if you've found a patch of silver flowers in the snow, they're something I might be needing."

kitsuni89
Omnipresence

Post by kitsuni89 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:02 pm

Rudolk studied the two new ones. They seemed interesting so he decided to let them tag along if they wanted too. "If my mind is clear my hint is this cave is full of random unusual materials in here. I think I saw a few of those flowers you were talking about, Blisc species one." He looked over to the wolf and rubbed his paws together. "I welcome you for your thanks and yes it would seem we all have the same intentions. Before anything else lets introduce our selves so we know the names olf who we travel with. I am Rudolk, not Rudolf like the last town liked to joke around and say, just Rudolk Weasel." He held his paws out to shake with the two as they introduced themselves.

Dusk-Runner
Thief

Post by Dusk-Runner » Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:40 pm

Dusk didn't shake hands, it was a gesture he never exactly grasped, laughing at his pun slightly.

"Dusk, that's what they call me." He said, looking around the cave, trying to spot said materials. Salvage was what he had come looking for, but ore or ttrade goods would be worth much more the next town over. perhaps it would buy him a few weeks travel before needing to visit a market again. "Those flowers are poisionus by the way, so don't think they're something to add to a stew, but in the hands of an alchemist or apothecary they're useful for curing certain illnesses."

Jay Hyena
Rogue

Post by Jay Hyena » Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:43 pm

Ivon would smile warmly as he shook paws with his new acquaintance Rudolk as introduced himself as well, "Bonjour, my name is Ivon Raux," He would listen in on the flowers that the other, Dusk, was searching for. He took interest in the flowers, perhaps he could take some back to Domus. What else gave him a flicker of hope was the fact that some other potentially useful materials could be found in this cave, as well. Maybe this "pointless journey through a biter cold wasteland" was starting to look up...

Dusk-Runner
Thief

Post by Dusk-Runner » Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:44 am

Dusk pulled himself to his feet, looking around the cave. How deep did it go?...and what's below? He made his way a little further into the dark cave, re-summoning the small bulb of light that hovered in front of him, throwing a cool white light over the black rocks. The heat left him as he moved away from the fire, but the biting wind was kept out here. The rock was jagged and sharp, looking like someone had crudely blasted their way into the mountain somehow, but why they would do so was a mystery. He leaned in to listen, hearing the small currents of wind blow through the cave, winding over the rocky passage. But there came a dripping as well, and through the low droning of the currents he heard water running gently. Perhaps an underground river, kept liquid from lack of cold.

"Until that wind dies down, there's nothing to do." He called back to the others, now stepping out of the fires natural light. "And the rule of salvage is first man's serve, so I'll be poking around for something useful...or valuable."

He moved deeper into the cave before they could answer, the orb of light leaving nothing remaining of him but a silhouette as he moved into the cave of gnarled rock.

kitsuni89
Omnipresence

Post by kitsuni89 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:32 am

Rudolk smiled and scanned the area around them before looking back. "Nice to meet you both." A puzzled look spreaded on the weasel's face as Dusk stood and ventured deep into the cave. "Um hey Ivon, does he know of the ice kreckort creatres that way? They are nasty when you disturb their resting."

Gosa
Thief
Species: Stegosaurus

Post by Gosa » Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:19 am

"ahem who the hell are you guys and what are you doing in my cavern?" asked Pan/Gosa currently looking like Pan the 8ft male Pangolin. He was dressed well for arctic conditions he had several layers of animal hide and a few layers that looked to be made for a female which if you don't know Pan/Gosa's story then it would confuse you.

darkkitsune
Duke

Post by darkkitsune » Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:09 pm

(ahem... don't know if this is currently going on... the last post was one year ago. if it is then yay... heh)
"Let's light them on fire some morrrre."
Group of ninja burst into flames...again

If any of the stories that I am in need revising, please PM me, so that I make the changes. Because I would like to have the stories make sense and flow better. (In the PM tell which story needs changing and how, please?)

Feila IRC Chat

Image I, insert name DESTROYED Feila *Evil laughter*

My Characters