Welcome to the World of Feila!

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

New to the forum? Get started by reading general information about Feila and the rules of the forum.

Need help? Send a private message to RabidFox. The staff is always willing to assist users with questions and problems. There's also a thread for how to role-play.

Don't be shy. Feel free to start posting when you're ready. We have a friendly community that is more than happy to welcome you and invite you to role-play. And don't worry about all the informational threads! You only need minimal knowledge to role-play. There's no need to do lots of reading.

Role-players wanting to write role-playing posts under five sentences, see the One Liners board.

Check out our announcement forum, The World Court, for important information about what's going on in our community.

Want to chat with other Feilans? Check out our Discord server!

Hearth

This is where all of the medieval Arctic Islands role-plays are archived.
ThatGuyWithTheShades
Outlaw
Species: Bread

Hearth

Post by ThatGuyWithTheShades » Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:35 am

Hearth.

None of us had felt it for the longest time.

We dreamed of returning and feeling it once again, but our dreams were crushed every morning as we awoke to the chilling air of these islands...

Even the so -called 'Icy hand of Death' felt warm compared to what we were endure daily.

Gavin walked out of his tent and looked at his men, each trying a futile method of staying warm. One tried to blow hot breath onto his hands, but the air only chilled it. Another attempted to rub two sticks together and create fire but the wood was too damp for even the smallest spark. Some men looked at him expectantly, but adverted their gaze when he looked at them.

"I got news!" Gavin shouted, and everyone looked at him.

"Are we leaving?" a soldier piped with a smile, but it disappeared when Gavin looked directly at him.

"No..." he responded, a slight growl in his voice. "I have news that we are to break off from the rest of the regiment to preform scouting for an upcoming fight between our forces and theirs" Gavin said, his gaze wandering over the men and women who were enlisted under his control. "It will be a five day hike to the position we are to scout. Any questions?" Gavin finished. A few hands popped up "If its about when we are going home you can put your hands down." As he said this the hands all dropped. "Good" Gavin said with a smirk and turned back to his tent. "Get packed up, we move out tomorrow morning.

The soldiers whispered among-st themselves for a moment until Gavin popped his head out of his tent for a moment

"Oh, and happy-birthday to Reynard Davil, That it all" he said, before popping back into his tent.
Me:You know if you keep sucking like that your going to cause a Black hole, right?
My Team:...
Me: What? Its true!

My Characters

ImageImage

Sponsor

darkkitsune
Duke

Re: Hearth

Post by darkkitsune » Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:59 pm

Rif sighs and looked down at where he was suppose to be a solder. The coldness didn't bother him much being from Yamaha as he was, a little girl kit next to him hugs his arm. "yes, let's get down there." Rif walked down to the army taking out his bow and handing it to the kit. A dark furred raccoon shadowed him all the way to the tent of Gavin, his commanding officer on this adventure, "sur, I wont to tolk with you."
Last edited by darkkitsune on Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Let's light them on fire some morrrre."
Group of ninja burst into flames...again

If any of the stories that I am in need revising, please PM me, so that I make the changes. Because I would like to have the stories make sense and flow better. (In the PM tell which story needs changing and how, please?)

Feila IRC Chat

Image I, insert name DESTROYED Feila *Evil laughter*

My Characters

ThatGuyWithTheShades
Outlaw

Post by ThatGuyWithTheShades » Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:40 pm

(Its Gavin not Gevin XD)

Gavin's ear turned towards the soldiers as they entered his tent. "If You are coming to tell me that you are leaving, that is fine by me, just put your papers down on that pile" Gavin said, gesturing to a small stack of resignation papers. As he said this, Gavin did not turn around to face them, and his voice had traces anger in it. Several men had already deserted, taking to the seas with nothing more then just useless firewood tied together to make a makeshift raft. He assumed they were here to do the same, giving him even less men to work with. "If your here for anything else, I do not have much time to give you so make it quick." Gavin was busy writing a report to his superiors, telling him he understood his orders. Also on his desk sat a sealed envelope, addressed to Gavin himself.
Me:You know if you keep sucking like that your going to cause a Black hole, right?

My Characters

ImageImage

darkkitsune
Duke

Post by darkkitsune » Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:44 am

(Thanks... I changed it.)

"nah, you musunderstood, sur. I be here because I wos contructed to work durectly under you, sur." The dark fur fox said. the kit next to him giggled softly still holding the the bow that the large kitsune gave her. it was as tall as her. "you see sur, I be in the Edwun army. I fught very well." The large blade on his back and the short-sword at his side would tell that he has skill with blades. The calluses on his paws would show that he used the swords regularly. his scares would show that he survived.

The dark raccoon hide among the ranks of solders trying to pass off as a regular, "hmm... I see Rif and Alice... I wonder why they are here though..." The raccoon thief spoke quietly to herself.

If any of the stories that I am in need revising, please PM me, so that I make the changes. Because I would like to have the stories make sense and flow better. (In the PM tell which story needs changing and how, please?)

Feila IRC Chat

My Characters

ThatGuyWithTheShades
Outlaw

Post by ThatGuyWithTheShades » Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:31 am

Gavin looked at the letter for a moment, then turned around. "Alright...You must be the man I was informed of, sorry for the misconception. So many men these days are cowards....." he apologized, getting up. "However, I wasn't informed of the small girl you have a long with you. I hope you have an explanation for this." Gavin said, frowning at the small vixen. The bow she held towered over her, and the string looked more like a rope. Gavin did not notice the raccoon that had followed him, his mind being elsewhere at the moment.
Last edited by ThatGuyWithTheShades on Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

My Characters

ImageImage

darkkitsune
Duke

Post by darkkitsune » Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:35 am

(heh, Alice is a vixen not a kitsune :P but anyway)

Rif smiles, "oi sur, thus here gurl had lost her famuly in Yamaha an' I took it upon myself to watch over her."

Alice smiles and nods. The dark kitsune then asks, "thus won't be any trouble will it sur?" Then he whispers, "I hope you don't mind, but this one is older then she appears, very old... older then me... oh and she uses earth magic." Rif then stands at attention, "what are your orders, sur?"

Feila IRC Chat

My Characters

ThatGuyWithTheShades
Outlaw

Post by ThatGuyWithTheShades » Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:41 pm

Gavin frowned. "Standing orders right now?...We are going to scout out a location for an upcoming clash between our forces and theirs. Just pack up for now...if you have nothing to pack, then you'll have to wait...we won't be leaving until tommarow" Gavin said, sitting back down at his desk. Earth magic? Fire magic would be much more appreciated right now..

Another soldier came in, not noticing the two already present. "Captain Holdrem! I have permission to resign from my post!" the soldier said, holding a paper out in front of himself. Gavin got up again and turned around and faced the ex-soldier. "Bring it here" he growled, holding out his hand. The fur walked towards him, almost in a triumphant strut. His trot ended when Gavin struck out at him, landing a hit square to his jaw. The fur fell backwards, holding his face. "NOW GET OUT OF MY TENT!" He yelled at the already retreating fur.

My Characters

ImageImage

darkkitsune
Duke

Post by darkkitsune » Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:07 pm

Rif frowns as the solder got thrown out. "hmm... wull that could have been worse... anyway, sur. If I could know how I could hulp. I do have some magical talents... and have a friend that can use or ruthur is fire elemental. If there isn't anything else... I'll take my leave."

The raccoon giggles softly at the solder that got thrown out of the commander's tent. heh, that was interesting so the solders are leaving like crazy... This cold doesn't help much though. The dark raccoon walked close to the door and slowed down to hear anything important.

Feila IRC Chat

My Characters

ThatGuyWithTheShades
Outlaw

Post by ThatGuyWithTheShades » Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:51 pm

"No....That won't be necessary..." The Wolf said, regaining his composure. He grabbed the envelope from his desk and headed towards the flaps of the tent "I think...i'll just going to look over preparations one more time " He added, walking out of the tent, and right into the face of the raccoon. Gavin ran face-to-face with the raccoon, and stumbled backwards.

My Characters

ImageImage

darkkitsune
Duke

Post by darkkitsune » Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:02 pm

The coon got knocked back when Gavin walked out of the tent, "oh I'm sorry sir... terribly sorry, sir." She said in a masculine voice. Rif's eyebrow went up Why is Raliza here... She's not suppose to follow me... The dark kitsune sighed softly as he and Alice left Gavin's tent, "whoa, sur. Are you ok?" he asked.

Feila IRC Chat

My Characters

ThatGuyWithTheShades
Outlaw

Post by ThatGuyWithTheShades » Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:58 pm

Gavin mumbled something about the lines outside his tent. Getting up, Gavin brushed the snow off of himself and looked at the raccoon. "What is your name...I don't think iv'e seen you around camp" the wolf said, looking at the raccoon suspiciously. He knew this soldier wasn't under his command and probably just a messenger, but why wouldn't he have seen him, or atleast what was he doing outside his tent?

My Characters

ImageImage

darkkitsune
Duke

Post by darkkitsune » Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:14 am

"Oh... ummm... name? I'm Ral... Raz, my name is Raz. an' I'm new here... just got in..." Raliza smiled she says in her false male voice, "I was going to report to you, sir. Well, I've done that.. I'll be going then..." And then she quickly go up and walked quickly trying to get away from the officer and Rif. Rif smirked and shook his head, ah right, run off I'll find you later raccoon maiden. "oh, sur. If you don't mund I'll be on my way, I have some... things to take cure off... If you don't have anything for us now, sur?" Rif smiled waiting to be dismissed.

Feila IRC Chat

My Characters

ThatGuyWithTheShades
Outlaw

Post by ThatGuyWithTheShades » Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:06 pm

Gavin watched the 'new arrival' leave. "No, you can go" Gavin said to the two, before wandering off deeper into the camp.

(Time skip alright with you? not much i can do now)

My Characters

ImageImage

darkkitsune
Duke

Post by darkkitsune » Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:16 am

Rif bowed to Gavin then hurry to find the new recruit, "now where is that coon..." he said to himself softly. He felt a tug on his shirt, he looked down to Alice, she was pointing to someone that they both knew well, "Thank you, Alice. Raz... I have some words to say to you..." The coon had her back to Rif, She filched and then turned around and whispered to Rif, "no-not here, please... Follow me and then I'll explain why I'm here..." Rif sighed then nods, "ok, Raliza..." and the coon maiden and the two foxes go to a secluded area where they won't be overhead. "Ok... this is the info I have, Rif..." The coon started.

(Yes, It works a time lapse would help.)

Feila IRC Chat

My Characters

ThatGuyWithTheShades
Outlaw

Post by ThatGuyWithTheShades » Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:10 pm

-NEXT MORNING-

Gavin was already up with the men as preparations to march were ready. "Alright, you men know your roles. their will be little to no opposition on our way to the scouting point, but be on guard." Gavin said, before turning around and giving the hand signal to march forward. The men chattered among each other, some talking about their lives back home while other just talked about anything under the moon. The sound the soldiers feet made while crunching on the still-fresh snow echoed throughout the landscape. It wasn't as cold as the day before but it may have something to do with the fact that they were constantly moving at a steady pace, keeping their bodies warm. Gavin didn't suspect anything was going to attack, the NEA hadn't been sighted this far south in bulk yet. One conversation caught Gavin's attention and he looked back at the two.

"Did you see what happened to that one poor fellow that resigned yesterday?" A soldier said to another

"No, what happened?"

"Captain apparently beat this guy up after he resigned."

"No kidding?"

"Yeah, the guy swore till he was blue in the face"

Gavin looked ahead again. He didn't take pride in what he did to that man, but he just couldn't let him walk away.

My Characters

ImageImage