Welcome to the World of Feila!

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

New to the forum? Get started by reading general information about Feila and the rules of the forum.

Need help? Send a private message to RabidFox. The staff is always willing to assist users with questions and problems. There's also a thread for how to role-play.

Don't be shy. Feel free to start posting when you're ready. We have a friendly community that is more than happy to welcome you and invite you to role-play. And don't worry about all the informational threads! You only need minimal knowledge to role-play. There's no need to do lots of reading.

Role-players wanting to write role-playing posts under five sentences, see the One Liners board.

Check out our announcement forum, The World Court, for important information about what's going on in our community.

Want to chat with other Feilans? Check out our Discord server!

Ancient Ruins of the Lost Seven Winds (medieval, still open)

This is where all of the medieval Arctic Islands role-plays are archived.
zayne11
Peasant

Re: Ancient Ruins of the Lost Seven Winds (medieval, still o

Post by zayne11 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:01 pm

(Mean while in a galaxy far, far away I am sitting at my desk facedesking because of poor judgement)
If one says that they are too (insert word like smart here) for (example) being gay. That means you are either the smartest person in the world, or everyone smarter than you isn't homosexual either. Please understand that may upset some people.
http://feila.org/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=6386 is a thing for my character(s).

Sponsor

LukatheBlind
Outlaw
Species: Arctic Fox

Post by LukatheBlind » Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:04 pm

(ok Triss ^^. patience Zayne, you'll get your chance ^^. Does anyone know any good furry romance stories/comics >.> I have an itch I wanna scratch. hopefully ones that are lovey-dovey and mushy X3. We miss you asyriel, hurry! XD)
~Too Cute to be straight! ^-^~

Asyriel
God
United States of America

Post by Asyriel » Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:39 pm

"he's asleep, not dead" Aloine replied to Adamir's rant "he can still be questioned....the spell will wear off in an hour or two on it's own or I can dispell it anytime....it would be best if we got out of this area before stopping overlong anyway." she commented in matter of fact tones. She smiled at Luka's comment. "thank you" she replied before turning her attention back to Adamir with an impish grin. "besides, I'm surprised you don't have some sort of gadget with you that would let you remove the spell yourself" she teased in light tones. She turned an ear, and listened as Luka resumed his conversation with the paladin. When Luka glanced back, she shrugged. "you're the one in charge of this expedition" she said. "It's your call who you invite along." she said.

Triss
Spy

Post by Triss » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:01 am

"Having the gadget, is not the point, there are some things that I only have so many of and other things that are quite unpleasant to experience. Waste not want not." Pulling out a device that looks like a small wooden barrel Adamir sets it on the ground and with the howl of a distant breeze echoing from the opening as he uncovers it the treated caltrops start to tumble across the ground towards it at a quick, but hardly dangerous pace, unless you were to step on one.

"On a more positive side note, as a wind mage yourself, you might enjoy these. They're hardly lethal unless excessive force is used, but quite effective at providing an edge against unsuspecting wind mages or when as a wind mage yourself you find direct attacks ineffective. These are designed to fly opposite any wind spell that passes over them." Closing the tumbler Adamir opens the other side and dumps the caltrops back into their bag before offering both of the items to the magic user, "Consider it a loan, but be careful, any minded wards you wear will treat the magic that powers them as if it were your own magic so do not rely on any ward that does not deflect your own spells to save you from them. And if you could, wake him up, my solution may cause him to vomit, experience irritable bowel like symptoms and have cramps for many weeks and I have no desire to carry him." With that the mutt grabs his sword and knife from the ground keeping the knife in his teeth as he goes to bind the paws of the bandit and then uses the knife to cut off pieces of armor while checking for hidden weapons.

Kael
God
Species: Panther or Dragon

Post by Kael » Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:24 am

Carda shook her head, taking off her helmet. She revealed a face that was gruff and scarred, with a scar across her lips and one across her forehead. She rubbed one hand over her face, checking quickly that all was in order before replying. "Sorry, just dealing with a small problem I have. But I can hold off on the check-up. The local temple was having some trouble with rats, and I thought I could help. However their paladins should be coming back from their mission soon, and should easily deal with it." She then thought a bit before chuckling. "Yes, those bandits were scared, more of the power of Peloron than my own renown. Most people don't immediately recognize the Thumb of the White Hand. And as the Thumb, I think I would be glad to come along with, that is, unless your mission is dark and unholy." she said this last with an ominous voice.
Why is it that, as a culture, we are more comfortable seeing two men holding guns than holding hands? ~Ernest Gaines

If homosexuality is a disease, let's all call in queer to work: "Hello. Can't work today, still queer." ~Robin Tyler

War. Rape. Murder. Poverty. Equal rights for gays. Guess which one the Southern Baptist Convention is protesting? ~The Value of Families

Did you hear about the Scottish drag queen? He wore pants. ~Lynn Lavner

Why can't they have gay people in the army? Personally, I think they are just afraid of a thousand guys with M16s going, "Who'd you call a faggot?" ~John Stewart

Soldiers who are not afraid of guns, bombs, capture, torture or death say they are afraid of homosexuals. Clearly we should not be used as soldiers; we should be used as weapons. ~Letter to the editor, The Advocate

LukatheBlind
Outlaw

Post by LukatheBlind » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:33 pm

Luka smiled and shook his head "no we are delving into some ruins in order to recover some sort of orb" he says enthusiastically " my guess is there is bound to be animals who inhabit the ruins so having a group is better than one". He thinks for a bit then bows "so miss thumb of the white hand.... how much do your services cost?" he says and blinks "we should head out" he smiles and looks at the other two "ready to go guys?" he says, getting over excited and going the wrong way again, wagging his tail happily and whistling.

Asyriel
God
United States of America

Post by Asyriel » Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:18 pm

Aloine looked thoughtfully at the bag, and tumbler for a couple moments. "air is only one of the elements I use, but these could be quite useful, now that I know how they work." she replied with a smile "or at least what they do, that is" she amended "I'll try not to damage, destroy, or loose them" She watched as Adamir checked the bandit for weapons, and removed his armor. Once the bandit was securely tied, she placed a hand on the bandit, and removed the sleep spell. "he'll come around at any moment" she said as she backed away a few steps. "um...wrong direction" she called out to Luka as he started off in a direction that seemed chosen at random.

Triss
Spy

Post by Triss » Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:49 pm

"Short of leaving them to rust into dust, hammering on them, or otherwise attempting to break them down...you'd have some trouble destroying them...though a fire mage did once try to disarm them by melting them. The alchemical treatment continues to function for a few years and is made into the metal itself, it's quite fire retardant and the molten metal bolts proved more dangerous than the caltrops. Burnt the building we were testing in down." Waiting for the bandit to wake the, hybrid loops the would be attackers sword belt around his neck and pulls him along with the make shift leash, "Follow me, now."

LukatheBlind
Outlaw

Post by LukatheBlind » Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:42 pm

(anyone know where Kael is? you both posted and now its kaels post then mine, if i'm remembering correctly)

Kael
God

Post by Kael » Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:05 am

[sorry, couldn't get on...]

Carda let out a hearty laugh, booming and scaring the birds in the trees. She was a definite alto, almost a baritone. "Cost? Never heard of the White Hand have you? A good adventure is always a free enterprise where we are concerned. More details on this orb would be great, but I, Carda, Thumb of the White Hand, will be glad to accompany your little group into these ruins. After all, what are the protectors of the People for, eh?" She slapped Lukas on the back, a powerful blow that might just send him stumbling. She was strong, there was no doubt about that.
Why is it that, as a culture, we are more comfortable seeing two men holding guns than holding hands? ~Ernest Gaines

If homosexuality is a disease, let's all call in queer to work: "Hello. Can't work today, still queer." ~Robin Tyler

War. Rape. Murder. Poverty. Equal rights for gays. Guess which one the Southern Baptist Convention is protesting? ~The Value of Families

Why can't they have gay people in the army? Personally, I think they are just afraid of a thousand guys with M16s going, "Who'd you call a faggot?" ~John Stewart

Soldiers who are not afraid of guns, bombs, capture, torture or death say they are afraid of homosexuals. Clearly we should not be used as soldiers; we should be used as weapons. ~Letter to the editor, The Advocate

LukatheBlind
Outlaw

Post by LukatheBlind » Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:40 pm

(no problem kael X3 just excited to get this going again)

Luka looked at Aloine and blushed "sorry, over zealous" he chuckled and corrected his direction. He listened to Carda's voice, still convinced she was a he, but said nothing. He coughed as she patted his back, powerfully, he simply grimaced a smile "it'll be a pleasure to have you along, and i dont have much info on the orb to be honest". Luka catches sight of the bandit being leashed, a sudden look goes over his face but he turns away quickly and walks quickly towards the ruins, his posture ridgid. "lets go" he croaks out, not turning to look at his companions.

@ The bandit awakens and looks around "wha? i thought you were gonna leave me be, you won right? let me go" he said angrily but watching his tone, knowing he was not in a position to make demands. He follows as the leash forces him to keep moving.

Asyriel
God
United States of America

Post by Asyriel » Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:00 pm

"I wasn't going to TRY to break them" Aloine replied to Adamir as she watched him leash the bandit. a little undignified, she thought to herself, but then again there were always worse alternatives.

Aloine smiled a warm smile at the bandit. "I'll make sure you're on your way, and uninjured just as soon as you answer whatever questions he has for you" she said to the bandit, motioning toward the hybrid holding the bandit's leash

Triss
Spy

Post by Triss » Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:54 pm

"I won't promise to be so gentle if you don't cooperate, you see...I'm going to assume you're not a noble yourself, since you haven't offered randsome yet, which means as far as law is concerned, your life was mine as soon as you drew a weapon against me. And believe me, there are ways I can make sure that alive and uninjured is worse than dead." Giving Aloine a gentle scowl to warn her, slightly aggravated that she's making things hard for him. "Now...we've got lots of talking to do so you'd best have a drink." Offering the bandit his water skin Adimir waits impatiently before snatching the water as soon as the bandit takes his given sip. "Now...talk quickly, you've got about an hour before that starts to work into your blood proper, and if it does...we'll just say I'm an alchemist and some of what we work with is best never drank...no matter how innocent it appears. But I do happen to have a small medical kit...for that sort of mishap, knowing my cohorts are not alchemists."

(This is a bluff, but Adamir doesn't have time to explain this)

Kael
God

Post by Kael » Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:42 pm

Carda'sface went blank, then a spark grew in her eye. Not that it could be seen, as she put back on the helmet. "I am terribly sorry, alchemist, but treating him in such a way is against every moral I stand for. I request you have that kit ready to heal him before he gets bad, or I will decide to intervene. Torture is for the Black Hand, not those with a moral code." She had a had on her sword, and she was not going to back down. She was a paladin, the holy warrior of her god, and harming prisoners just for information was wrong by the code of her Order. As such, it was her duty to intervene and not stand by while it happened in front of her.

LukatheBlind
Outlaw

Post by LukatheBlind » Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:23 am

Luka stopped walking but did not turn around, he did not want to look at the bound man. Luka called back in a hoarse voice "i agree with the paladin, so turn him loose after you give him the antidote. i trust that should we be attacked again we can handle anything they throw at us." with out so much as a backward glance he began walking again, faster this time, almost to a fast jog. his body ridgid as he walked, he looked on the horizon and wiped his face and took a deep breath, sniffling a bit.

@ the prisoner looked paled and cried out in protest "p-poison? i have no information, i'm a mercenary! if you want information ask the wizard!" he then looked to Carda who spoke against the poisons use "please paladin, let me go, you have bested me and my comrades, tell this mad man to free me!" he hoped to appeal to her better nature.

(Triss, the bandit would not have drunken or eaten anything that you would have gave him until starving. not a big deal, just next time please dont rp the bandits actions. otherwise good idea, but next time you should of warned the group that it was a bluff X3, oh and guys.... were close to 2500 views <3)