Welcome to the World of Feila!

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

New to the forum? Get started by reading general information about Feila and the rules of the forum.

Need help? Send a private message to RabidFox. The staff is always willing to assist users with questions and problems. There's also a thread for how to role-play.

Don't be shy. Feel free to start posting when you're ready. We have a friendly community that is more than happy to welcome you and invite you to role-play. And don't worry about all the informational threads! You only need minimal knowledge to role-play. There's no need to do lots of reading.

Check out our announcement forum, The World Court, for important information about what's going on in our community.

Want to chat with other Feilans? Check out our IRC channel or check us out on Discord!

Kills 99.9% on Contact!

For non-canon Feila and non-Feila role-playing, the Twilight Zone offers a venue to experience all time and all settings. If you'd like to role-play in a time period that has no canon counterpart, or if you'd like to role-play on a world that is not Feila, then this is the place. Only original, user-created settings are allowed to be role-played here other than Feila's own setting. No fan fiction is permitted that doesn't pertain to Feila. All races are allowed, including humans.
Asyriel
God
United States of America

Re: Kills 99.9% on Contact!

Post by Asyriel » Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:24 pm

Dima nodded as Cila verbally worked through many of her own thoughts. "It has been a day." She replied with a small smile. "I wholeheartedly agree that it would be nice to stop for the night." She chuckled as Cila mentioned staying in a fancy mansion. "I don't know that mansions are just sprinkled over the countryside in our path, but how about the fanciest place we come across." She laughed, though staying in a mansion would be a lot of fun. "Especially if they have some good drink" She said with a wink.

She nodded, still smiling as Cila gave some advise on bat hugging, though the smile faded a bit as she spoke. "I did...but well, from the way you shrugged away before...I just figured you didn't want to be touched." She replied, a little bit of hurt in her voice. She turned her attention back to the the wrist GPS she wore and the map she had pulled out, figuring out what road they were on, and working on the best course to take. She wasn't quite sure what to make of Brother Jesse's song choice of the moment. It was a strange companion to her current mood.

As the sun was setting, it seemed fortune was smiling on their hopes of a nice place to stay the night as Dima suddenly perked up. "Take this next right." She said as they quickly approached a narrow road that seemed to be a private road. "There's a famous old vineyard out here. I bet they have a nice house on the property." She explained. "And a full wine cellar." She added with a grin.

Sponsor

Larcen
Duke
Species: Coyote

Post by Larcen » Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:37 pm

Turns out, Burmilla County Wineries had been in business since the 19th century, and had done well for itself all that time. The homestead had been built into a stately plantation-style house, replete with columns out front, topiary lining the driveway, and most important, a nice big propane tank alongside to suggest gas cooking. Pretty much what Cila had been talking about! "Oooo, excellent choice!" she exclaimed, pulling into the driveway. That exchange she'd had about the hugs had initially been shrugged off apologetically, but it still nagged at her. Cila felt bad for hurting Dima's feelings. She had to make it up to her, and the spark of an idea came through.

"Ve have not had dinner yet; tch tch, vhat a pity--so many grapes, and novun to harvesht them," Cila said, licking her lips at the acres and acres of vine-ripened buffet before her. Fruit was expensive, and so Cila used to make do with less tasty vegetables, and even carbs and confections. Since the produce sections had spoiled weeks ago, Cila saw these vast fields as prime targets. Apples would come into season come fall, peaches before them, and melons in backyard gardens... mmmm. But what about Dima? Meat was something Cila preferred to know as little about as possible, but this philosophy certainly wasn't shared. And since Cila owed Dima one, she felt she had an opportunity to do some good.

"I have a hunch, dahling. You saw all of these farmhouses and trailers ve passhed. I noticed that some of them had big pickup trucks vith shtickers of shkulls on them, and guns, and... meat ferals. They vere... vhat is the vord? Redniks? Anyvay I am villing to bet that the poor country folk here did the same thing the poor country folk do in the old country, vhich vas to shtore food for the vinter in jars. It holds up better than the shtore food, and vith less chemicals, yes? Therefore, I am going to take a moment and gorge myself on the fruit of the vine, and then I vill take a flight around the neighborhood to see if my hunch is correct, yes? I may bring you back a surprise," she winked. "Are you okay vith setting up house?"
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." --Groucho Marx

You say 'fundamentalist' like it's a bad thing. X3

Asyriel
God
United States of America

Post by Asyriel » Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:48 am

Dima gave a whistle of appreciation as they pulled up to the house. "Not bad at all." She replied as she unbuckled her seatbelt, and opened the door to get out of the car. Cila mentioned all the grapes, and Dima remembered that Cila was a fruit bat. She realized that her choice in places to stop for the night turned out even better than she had expected. At least one of them would be able to fill up on fresh food of their choice. "I'm sure you'll do your best to remedy that problem." She commented with a small chuckle as she made her way around to the back of the car, and with a few pained grunts, lifted her bag over one shoulder, then shrugged her way into the other shoulder strap.

"Hmm?" She said when Cila mentioned a hunch. She listened, but didn't hold out a lot of hope for finding meat that hadn't gone bad, well unless she went hunting or there were domesticated meat ferals around to butcher. "Sure." She replied with a nod. "I can get things set up." She replied before grabbing Cila's suitcase and heaving it from the back of the car. She made her way to the front door at a leisurely pace, and found it unlocked, which wasn't a surprise.

She made her way into the house, and headed upstairs in search of bedrooms first. She claimed the master bedroom for herself, dropping her bag on the floor at the foot of the bed. She figured that Cila would surely want to have the privacy of a room to herself so she dropped Cila's suitcase in the next closest room. Luckily, it seemed that nobody had turned to goo in any of the bedroom. Dima found the linen closet, and put fresh sheets and blankets on the beds anyway. Once the bedrooms were ready, she made her way downstairs to the kitchen. She rummaged around in the pantry and cabinets until she found a few nonperishable things she could fix up if Cila came back without anything. Her next stop was the wine cellar, she found a couple puddles of goo and clothing down there, but by this point she barely noticed them. She perused the selection for a little while before picking several bottles, and carefully carrying them back up to the kitchen with her.

She pulled out a small battery powered radio and tuned it to Brother Jesse's broadcast, opened up a bottle of wine, poured herself a glass, and sat at a table to wait, and think.

Larcen
Duke

Post by Larcen » Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:02 am

Cila took off, flitting from vine to vine and sampling them all. She then remembered the difference between wine grapes and "table" grapes. They were sweeter, but had thicker skins, and of course seeds. But that didn't bother Cila too much. Her nimble mouth could spit the seeds out almost automatically. She finally set on a variety useful for both purposes. Hooking a couple large clusters of Niagara grapes, she hung from the roof of a shed and gorged. As a bonus, her species was also immune to the effects of tummyache from too many sweets (heck, wild dates, her favorite, were about 80% sugar), and thus was permitted overindulgence. With her lips soaked with the blood juice of a hundred little green orbs of joy, Cila felt she could take a food coma nap right there. But wait! No! Dima still hadn't eaten yet. She flew off in search of that hunch.

Meanwhile, as the aforementioned leopardess switched on her radio, the calm, caramel-smooth voice of Brother Jesse came back on in the middle of one of his little musings, talking to whatever audience could hear, in a soothing tone almost like a Southern-twanged Mr. Rogers. ...was saying, it's a big world out there again. But... y'know what? If you'll permit me to digress a bit, I sorta feel...well, the old sayin' is 'led' to talk on friendship tonight before we turn in. To you listening out there, yes, you, I do hope you've found a friend. If not, then you've got one right here in Bonneauville, and I don't just mean over the radio. Come on over and I'll be happy to shake your paw in person and share a jar o' fresh-brewed sun tea with ya. But if, as I hope, you have found another friend in this lonely place, I ask you to be patient and kind them; we've all been through a lot, and some of us may still have baggage we've carried with us from even before the big V came along an' upset the apple cart, so it were. So again, if this message is speakin' to you--if it ain't, just pardon a soul to get it off his chest, heh heh--be gentle, but try and find out what's botherin' your buddy; we're here in this world to help each other, is what I believe. An' just cuz it came to mind, this song goes out to you, friend, in case there's somethin' needed said between you and yourn. Mos'ly the chorus is what's goin' round in my head regardin' this situation. So without furthre talk from me, here's an ol' favorite from DC Talk. Now I'll be signin' off for the night after this; wanna get a early start for you mornin' people. Goodnight, friend." The soulful song played, and after it a crackly recording of the Edwinish National Anthem in a nod to the glory days of radio, and then Dima's set turned to static.

All that time, however, Cila had been a busy little bat. The first few houses had been duds, but she eventually found the right kind of lower-class single family dwelling: garden out back, a muddy old truck in the driveway with a gun rack in the rear window, and storm doors to a cellar. Cila had never considered breaking and entering, but this was a different world. She managed to get in the door, and tiptoed to the cellar. Next she produced a small flashlight, brought with her for the sole reason that all jars resonated with the same sonar picture, regardless of contents. Oh, those looked familiar! And...what IS that? Looks worth a try. And now, what... is... that? Cila tried not to think too hard, but filled an old banana box with jars of varying contents, doing her best to guess what some of the more unfamiliar jars held. The lid of each was marked with a single letter, sometimes two, followed by a two-digit number that obviously represented the year of canning. Clearly some manner of code for the original canners. Well this one had a P and it was filled with peaches. S was definitely sauerkraut, so mmm. T could only be tomatoes, SS for spaghetti sauce? What did B stand for? Or even AB? CL looked interesting, almost familiar, but she couldn't place it. Ah well. Cila took twelve jars from a whole basement of preservation, hefted it to make sure she could carry the thing in air, decided she just might could, and lugged it up the stairs.

Half an hour later, the beating of leathery wings sounded the arrival of a bat carrying a banana box with her feet. She touched down gingerly in the grass to avoid breaking any jars, and shouldered her way through the front door. "Diiiiiimaaaaa~! Who is a lucky leopardess? It turns out the Redniks came through! Take a look at these!" she squeaked ecstatically. Shlepping them to the table, she unloaded each one. "Ooo, skree! This brown vun is apple butter!" Cila discovered as she popped the seal with a claw. Four years old and still fresh! She couldn't help herself and dipped her finger in for a taste, churring with delight. Along with the already identified ones, were chicken legs, burger, and cubed meat, most likely venison. "Vill these do for you? I vas not sure vhat they vere; I thought maybe you could decipher them."
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." --Groucho Marx

Asyriel
God
United States of America

Post by Asyriel » Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:13 am

Dima sat and drank her glass of wine while she listened to Brother Jesse's broadcast. She couldn't help the sardonic chuckle that escaped her when he spoke of friends, and finding out what was bothering them. "Easier said than done with some Brother." She spoke to the radio as she finished the glass she was working on, and poured another. It wasn't that she didn't want to find out what was bothering Cila, what had made her the way she was. The problem as Dima saw it was that the bat wasn't inclined to share much, and Dima wasn't particularly good at teasing information out of people. These thoughts elicited a sigh as Brother Jesse's broadcast finished for the night, and the radio went to static.

Dima downed another glass of the wine, and poured another. She wanted Cila to trust her enough to open up to her, but she had no real Idea how to go about gaining that trust. She was in the middle of these thoughts when Cila entered the house calling her name. Dima immediately got to her feet to help Cila carry in whatever she had found.

At the table, Dima carefully looked over each of the jars, her excitement growing with each one she inspected. "These are wonderful, I could kiss you. Thank you so much." She wrapped her arms around Cila's neck and gave her a light, slightly awkward hug before she picked up the jar marked SS. "And I know exactly what I'm making for dinner now." She said with a grin before taking a large drink from her glass of wine, and heading for the pantry. "I brought some wine up from the cellar." She commented in case Cila hadn't noticed the several bottles on the table, and there seemed to be an empty glass there waiting for the bat as well. Eventually she came out of the pantry with a box of spaghetti noodles, and a couple gallon jugs of water. "I just hope there's propane in the tank outside." She continued as she headed for the stove, and started rummaging in the cabinets for pans. She eventually found what she wanted, and luckily there was indeed still gas in the tank. It wasn't long before she had the sauce heating up in one pan, and noodles cooking in another.

Now that she was just waiting, Dima turned around so her full attention was on Cila again. "You mentioned that you had been a gymnast at one time. What events did you do, and why did you quit?" She asked, wondering how much information she would get.

Larcen
Duke

Post by Larcen » Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:31 am

"Ve may have to talk about your drinking habits, dahling," Cila quipped, but her heart warmed that she'd made someone happy like this, and that she'd done well selecting food for a carnivore with no prior experience. She let herself be hugged, but didn't put her own wings around Dima, lest her body be felt by the hugger. Still, she appreciated the sentiment, and gave a happy squeek for gratitude (there is a difference between a squeak, squeek, squik, skree, and skreek, don'tcha know). Then the cooking commenced, and Cila lent a capable wing to the job. She made sure the sauce was separated into two pans to suit each of their dietary preferences. There's something about team-cooking that brings people together, and Cila felt herself feeling more comfortable around Dima. The glass of wine she had during food prep served to loosen her tongue too, for Dima's questions.

"Oh yes! You know how the people of Gavain take their gymnashtics seriously. I competed in junior events as a kit. The rings vere my besht, but I did vell in the uneven parallel bars as vell. Von five medals, even a gold my lasht year! My uncle vas my trainer for the firsht few years; he vas the golden kit of the family, nearly made it to the 1980 Olympics himself, but tore a rotator cuff before training." She gulped nervously, choosing her words more carefully as she hovered dangerously near the dark places, "he vas... a good teacher. Up until my lasht year... but I changed trainers then, for a vonderfool otter who undershtood my abilities vell! She halped me achieve my gold, but after that year, I qvit, because... oh, is the shpaghetti ready yet?" she tried to dodge, but she knew she was trapped. Eventually Dima would pester again, and seeing as she was the best friend she had found here, it felt wrong. Cila sighed, poured another glass to steady herself and maybe make this confession easier.

The bat worked up her nerves, knocked back the wine in a single drawn-out quaff, and hung her head, letting her hair fall in front of her eyes. "You are going to keep ashking, and you do not deserve to have secrets held from you, so here it is. Vun day, after practice, my uncle came in as I vas dressing, and... and..." she started to cry. "He said he vanted to give me a 'massage' after my hard vork. Tati came in and caught him before things got any vorse, but the conflict caused a rift in my family. And because ve are gossips, the whole family took my uncle's side! He vas the golden kit after all, who suffered a tragic accident before he made the big time; who vould sushpect him?! And his circus freak of a niece, vell, she musht have tempted him into it, nu?" Cila covered her head and wept bitterly.

Asyriel
God
United States of America

Post by Asyriel » Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:43 pm

Dima waved a dismissive hand when Cila mentioned her drinking habits. "Pah, I haven't even tipped a bottle of liquor yet." She replied She was delighted that Cila didn't shy away from her awkward contact, and grinned when the bat started helping her fix the meal. She absently hummed a happy little tune as they worked. The simple familiarity of cooking a meal was comforting, and it seemed to be working on Cila as well.

Dima hadn't expected to get near as much of an answer from Cila as she did get. "Oh wow." She replied as Cila talked about her accomplishments. "You won medals, and even a gold. That's actually very impressive." Dima admitted, quite sincerely. She didn't miss the pause when Cila talked about her uncle being her trainer. That pause started pieces snapping into place. Cila's question about the spaghetti snapped Dima's attention to her. "Oh, yes...a couple more minutes at most." She replied as Cila poured herself another drink.

When the confession came, Dima was half expecting it, but it didn't make it any easier to handle. It explained a lot of Cila's mannerisms, and behaviors. Dima also felt like a complete ass for teasing Cila as she had, and even worse for her brief bout of peeping. The latter she would need to confess to, just not at the moment. "Oh no no dear." She said in a soft gentle voice filled with sympathy. She gently brushed some of Cila's hair away from her face as she leaned down till her face was even with the bat's. She put her arms gently around Cila's neck and looked at her. "That wasn't your fault dear, and you are no more a circus freak than I am." She desperately wanted to be able to comfort her friend, but was unsure if anything she was doing was having any sort of effect. "You are a wonderful person, and didn't deserve to have that happen to your, nor the treatment you received after." She gave Cila a soft kiss on the top of her head, and offered what comfort Cila was willing to take from her.

Larcen
Duke

Post by Larcen » Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:17 pm

A soft, sad little churr came from Cila as Dima kissed her. Teary eyes with smeary mascara looked up, no, straight at the kind leopardess, and she mouthed a "thank you." She felt a little better getting it all out, but there was yet more. Might as well put things straight. No more secrets; openness was a chiropteran virtue after all. Cila wiped her eyes on a wing and cleared her throat.

"Dima, there is something I have not told you. I look plus-sized, but it is all a dishguise. I suppose you can tell by how I only have vun chin. Anyvay, I vas born vith a sensitivity to eshtrogen. I do not produce more than normal, but a little goes a long vay, apparently. By the time I vas thirteen, I vas a double-D cup. By fourteen, somevhere around a G. This is vhy I qvit gymnashtics, because they threw off my balance. By the vay to put it in pershpective, the resht of my shpecies considers a full C to be large for us. Now that they are the size of canteloupes--and that is not an exaggeration--I look ridiculous. I exercise every day to keep my back shtrong so that they do not cause me pain, but they are shtill not easy to live vith. Men show too much interesht in me, thinking I am a bimbo or a hooker, and vomen are either jealous or look down their muzzles at me as if I am a homewrecker or something. I considered getting a reduction, but it is exshpensive, and I vas afraid that if I ever had kits, they could not nurse from them, and...vell, they are part of me, and I am not sure how I vould feel vithout them. Of course, all of the plashtic surgery offices are shut down, so it is a moot point, yes?" she shrugged. "So to be normal, I created a suit to make me look fat inshtead of overvhelmingly buxshom. Now that you know, and since there is novun else around, I suppose I could take it off..." she hinted, cocking one ear up in query. Was it a good idea, or was Dima appalled at the revelation and the lie of omission?

Asyriel
God
United States of America

Post by Asyriel » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:10 am

Dima gave a gentle smile when Cila's eyes met her own, and she seemed to be feeling at least a little better. She listened and nodded as Cila started to explain her disguise. She was quite sympathetic to Cila's plight, where some would call her fortunate, but Dima could understand the problems that originated from Cila's endowment. She couldn't help but chuckle a little when Cila mentioned the attention of men. "You have the opposite problem from mine when it comes to men. They tend to be a bit intimidated by me." Her expression returned to the sympathetic smile she'd worn before. "You're right. They are a part of you, and you shouldn't have to feel like you have to wear a fat suit to be 'normal' dear. The people who truly care about us will stick by our sides regardless of the things that make us insecure."

When Cila offered to take off the fat suit, she gave a slight nod but hesitated. Well, hopefully this is the right time. She thought to herself. "Cila, I have a confession of my own to make." She told the bat. "I let my curiosity get the better of me, you know that old saying about cats and curiosity, well..." She paused and took a breath, hoping this wouldn't ruin every bit of progress she had made with Cila. "I snuck around and took a quick peek while you were changing earlier." Her eyes were filled with genuine remorse. "I'm sorry, I really am, and I'm sorry for the way I teased you before too." She looked at Cila, hoping the bat could look past her indiscretion. "That said dear, I think you look gorgeous without the suit, and would be flattered if you were comfortable with not wearing it around me. I also understand if you still want to wear it."

Larcen
Duke

Post by Larcen » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:50 pm

Yes, Cila had found a friend, she realized as Dima spoke words of comfort and encouragement. Maybe she would take off the disguise...tomorrow. But when the leopardess confessed to seeing her nude, Cila froze, her eyes crossed as they did whenever she was flabbergasted. How DARE she?! "I thought I heard somevun..." she started to state in a blank tone. Now now, take it easy, girl. Friend, remember? After all, you did see her topless too, and it's not like you can go half naked without the other half. Cila blinked her vision and mind back into focus. "Vell, ve are both adult vomen, so it might as vell have happened sooner than later, yes?" she laughed shakily. The compliments did take the edge off.

She needed a distraction, and Dima herself had provided it. While Cila stood to finish preparing the pasta, she mused, "I think I vill take your advice tomorrow morning; I do not vish to change again in vun night, and then into my pajamas before shleep. But now, dahling, let us talk about you. You are too hard on yourself. It is true, many males are afraid of the shtrong voman. But I have this friend, a hyena, who vas--is the qvintessential tank of a voman. A little on the chubby side, but vith as much muscle as she has pudge. The roller derby announcer--she competes in this game--said she is built 'like a refrigerator vith a head.' And if you know hyenas, they can sometimes be taken for the wrong gender anyvay yes? Vell, vun day this reformed, shlick con man of a gangshter of a coyote who I thought at firsht vas a tarribool influence, but she shtraightened him out--anyvay, he fell in love vith her from the television program. They met and, lasht time I heard, they vent to Domus for the honeymoon, vhich... I sincerely hope is vhere they are now," Cila sniffed, choking back a tear for her best friend whose whereabouts were currently unknown. "But I say this, for a girl who vas as... the vord is I think, 'butch' as could be, if Shpike could find a male who loved her for her shtrong qvalities and soft heart, I vould not rule it out for you either, since you are far more ladylike than she is. Eshpecially vhen you cash in your voucher for a free high-fashion Decolare makeover," she winked. "But come, the food is hot, the company is varm, and flying around the countryside looking through abandoned cellars for that-vhich-I-vill-never-eat has given me an appetite. Poftă bună!" she announced, handing Dima a plate served with the meat sauce. And since Parmesan cheese has a heckuva shelf life, that ever-so-essential topping was on hand on the nearby counter.

Asyriel
God
United States of America

Post by Asyriel » Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:08 am

Dima watched Cila's expression change after she had confessed to sneaking a peek while the bat changed. She dropped her head, looked at the ground, and prepared for Cila to tell her what a horrible thing she'd done, and how she had betrayed her trust, then likely not want to be around her anymore. Those heated words never came though as Cila brushed the incident off instead. Dima's eyes were still filled with remorse, but there was genuine relief and gratitude in the small smile she gave Cila. Cila's shaky laugh told Dima that she had still likely lost some ground with the bat.

Dima straightened to her full height, and moved to help as Cila worked on finishing dinner. Dima smiled as Cila talked about her friend, and how she had found herself a mate. "My body is only one sticking point." She said with a sigh. "I was a soldier, and a mercenary...I've spent the majority of my adult life training to, and occasionally killing people..." Her voice fell away for a moment as she tried to find words for her thoughts, their encounter with the lizard flashing through her mind. "The pool of people that can accept both of those aspects is small." She paused and gave a helpless laugh. "Even smaller now. I can't even count the amount of time's I've been called a 'bull dyke'. Of course, being attracted to both men and women doesn't help that perception." It seemed that Cila's change of subject to relationships had released a flood gate." She smiled when Cila reminded her about that high fashion makeover. "I look forward to that, though I hope you'll forgive me if I temper my expectations of it's effect's on my love life. It'll make me feel good regardless." It was about that time that Cila handed her a plate of wonderful smelling pasta slathered in sauce with real meat in it. Her problems were momentarily forgotten as she topped the meal with a generous dose of the parmesan cheese, then sat at the table. She poured herself another glass of wine, then dug in to the first bite. "Oh, this is delicious. Funny how such a simple meal can become such a wonderful experience when it becomes a scarcity." She commented.

Larcen
Duke

Don't hafta reply to latter part. Just a bit of foreshadowing!

Post by Larcen » Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:59 pm

Cila listened with a bit of a frown, analyzing and preparing counterargument. She was a problem-solver; that's what got her success in fashion, finding workable answers for questions other designers couldn't touch. But for now, food! She nodded at Dima's observation as she prepared her own dish with regular marinara. Cila was vegetarian, not vegan, and a mammal at that, so cheese it needed! She sat down and agreed, "Yes, though I dare say, food is not shcarce anymore so much! Vell, not all of it. Vhatever comes in cans or can be put in jars, this is abundant. And of course, seeds are shtill vaiting for us in the shops. I suppose you are correct vith meat and dairy though," she pondered, tapping the rounded part of a claw to her chin, "the ferals vill have to be hunted and/or raised more directly I suppose. Nu more simply getting milk from the shtore unless you count powdered milk and frankly, bleh, I do not; and meat vill be limited to Shpam and jerky and little canned cocktail veenies, unless you raise or hunt your own. Do not exshpect me to halp," Cila quipped, sticking her pointy pink tongue out. She popped a forkful of noodles in before she could prattle any more saucy comments, then churred through closed lips her approval. They had done well!

"By the vay, I am not yet done vith your problems, Doamna Dima. Give Tanti Cila some time, and you vill be shtopping hearts jusht by looking in their direction! But this vill be for later, yes? Nu more talk about boys and our inabilities to find them tonight. Okay I lie, there is vun boy to talk about. Vhat is your take on this Brother Jesse? How old is he? Vhat shpecies, I vonder? And can ve trusht him? Tell me vhat you think, dahling."

~*~*~*~

Elsewhere, while Cila and Dima enjoyed their feast, someone else was considering what he dreaded would be his last meal. Randall Lotorski had been known to carry himself a tad on the hefty side, but didn't all raccoons? Now he could almost count his bones through his fur. He somehow couldn't let himself give up though, and besides, in his cell at State Correctional Institution Rockville, a maximum security prison currently holding 1 inmate(s), there was nothing with which to hang himself. When the power had gone out, the generators had started, and when they went out, the doors had locked shut electronically. He was the only one who had survived the virus. At first, he'd thought himself brilliant to have caught a feral little rat in his cell, but then felt repulsed at the idea of eating rattus norvegicus tar tar with the skin on. As the days went on after the last guard had died, however, and not even a car had been heard passing outside, he had made little more progress than bust out the window with the terminated guard's billy club. And even that was too narrow for anyone to crawl through, he'd found out. He was hungry. The rat was a little dry, but still there. Another bite? Not many left. No, he had to wait. Just a little longer. Somebody, somebody had to be alive out there, if he was. He curled up on the floor and waited, either for death or rescue. A tear rolled down his cheek onto the floor. He lapped it back up.

Asyriel
God
United States of America

Post by Asyriel » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:41 am

Dima nodded in agreement when Cila pointed out that food in general was not scarce. "Right, and I have no problem with hunting, but if I'm only hunting for myself, that's a lot of meat that will end up wasted because I can't eat it all before it spoils. Well, unless I manage to get something small like a chicken." Dima wrinkled her nose a bit in disgust at the idea of powdered milk. "Canned meat is ok, but it's just not the same." She commented between bites of her meal.

She chuckled when Cila mentioned that she was working on her romantic problems. "Or maybe I should just give up on them altogether, and just stick with women." She suggested. She paused a few moments in thought when Cila asked her thoughts on Brother Jesse. "Well, it's hard to gauge over the radio. I'd guess he's probably at least a few years older than us though, and statistically he's likely to be a feline as they were the largest population in the country before all this. As far as trusting him....well he sounds genuine, but we only have his voice to go off. Though I would say that all this is a little elaborate if the only purpose is to lure in and trap survivors." She sighed and gave a shrug as she finished off her drink and poured herself another. "Guess we're making a bit of a leap of faith on this one, but we can always go back to your penthouse if it doesn't pan out the way we would like."

She finished off the last of her meal, and sat back with a sigh of contentment. "well, is it off to bed now, or would you like to see if this place has any card or board games we can dig up and play?" She asked

Larcen
Duke

Post by Larcen » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:49 pm

Cila couldn't disagree with Dima's assessment of the mysterious DJ. "Yes, the radio is a problem. Usually I can pick up on things about people from their voices, but the radio qvality interferes vith the subtle details. Ve shall simply have to meet him and be ready for jusht in case, as to vhether he is a kindly, father person or some kind of psycopathic serial killer," she reasoned, glad to feel the warmed bronze of her aripasabii inside her blouse. One jab would require a team of surgeons (in understandably short supply nowadays) to even try to repair the damage before the victim bled to death from a bayonet wound. And she had two of them.

Anyway, that was neither here nor there, and this second, more filling meal sent the bat almost to food coma. Cila yawned after the eats, and to give Dima a hint at the answer she was going to get. "Sorry, dahling," she apologized, covering the yawn with a wing. "I think ve should hang down and fold up." Bat metaphors, oy. Something else nagged at her, though. With that whole suggestion to stick with women, had Dima been subtly hitting on her? Cila herself was the only other woman around, after all. This had to be nipped in the bud. "Also, Dima, dahling, shveetie, your are the besht friend I have right now, but ve musht make a rule. I am shtraight, dahling, so please, for both our sakes, no flirting, yes?" She tried to end it with an earnest smile. "You have become very nearly a sishter to me... in fact, ahm, do you mind if ve share a bedroom tonight? Ve have had two too many shcares this day, and... it vould be more secure knowing there is another in the room, yes?" As previously mentioned, Cila had seen the horror movies. Spending a night in a big mansion where everyone died in it? Yeah no way she was sleeping alone. "I vill not even take up shpace in the bed!"

Asyriel
God
United States of America

Post by Asyriel » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:16 am

Dima nodded as Cila talked about meeting Brother Jesse, and 'just in case' "I'm always ready for just in case....especially nowdays." She replied in slightly grim tones. She watched as Cila yawned after finishing her meal, and couldn't help yawning herself. She cocked her head a bit at Cila's metaphore, but nodded in agreement. "Yeah, probably should rest up." She started to get up from her seat when Cila spoke again, and grabbed her attention.

Cila didn't even need to get more than halfway through her statement, and Dima already knew what was coming. The familiar half expected sting of rejection, though she could take solace in the fact that Cila still wanted to be her friend, but wasn't romantically inclined toward women. She gave the bat a half smile in response. "Fair enough. Can't blame a girl for hoping though right?" She replied to Cila's request for no flirting. She did chuckle though at the request to share a room for the night. "I don't mind sharing at all dear, you're more than welcome. I don't mind sharing the bed either, but that's completely up to you." She said before getting up from her seat. "I did put your suitcase in a different room, so we'll have to stop by and grab that." She said as she headed for the stairs.

Up on the second floor, Dima led the way to the room she had stashed Cila's suitcase in. She hefted the suitcase up, and led the way to the master bedroom. She set Cila's suitcase down and spread her arms wide. "Well, here it is, home away from home for the night" She said with a light chuckle before she moved toward the bed. She pulled her pistol from it's holster at her hip, and checked the magazine, almost as if it were a long ingrained habit, before she set it down on the nightstand next to the bed with the grip facing toward the bed. She moved over to a dresser, and started getting undressed, neatly folding her clothes and putting them on top the dresser as she did. She eventually turned around, and moved back to the bed, and slipping between the sheets with a sigh. "Mmm...now this is a nice bed, and such soft sheets." She purred as she got comfortable, and ready to go to sleep.