Welcome to the World of Feila!

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

New to the forum? Get started by reading general information about Feila and the rules of the forum.

Need help? Send a private message to RabidFox. The staff is always willing to assist users with questions and problems.

Don't be shy. Feel free to start posting when you're ready. We have a friendly community that is more than happy to welcome you and invite you to role-play. And don't worry about all the informational threads! You only need minimal knowledge to role-play. There's no need to do lots of reading.

Check out our announcement forum, The World Court, for important information about what's going on in our community.

Want to chat with other Feilans? Check out our IRC channel!

Kills 99.9% on Contact!

For non-canon Feila and non-Feila role-playing, the Twilight Zone offers a venue to experience all time and all settings. If you'd like to role-play in a time period that has no canon counterpart, or if you'd like to role-play on a world that is not Feila, then this is the place. Only original, user-created settings are allowed to be role-played here other than Feila's own setting. No fan fiction is permitted that doesn't pertain to Feila. All races are allowed, including humans.
Asyriel
God
United States of America

Re: Kills 99.9% on Contact!

Post by Asyriel » Sun May 14, 2017 3:01 pm

Dima smiled as Randy returned her embrace. "Careful, I may hold you to that." She replied in teasing tones when he promised to make her the happiest girl in Feila. She was finally starting to sound a little more like her normal self again, though she still snuffled through her nose a bit. She would probably never completely shake the dark thoughts from the recesses of her mind, but knowing there was somebody she could talk to that could truly understand them was comforting.

She looked up at Cila, and gave a small smile when the bat called into the room. As if on cue, her stomach growled when Cila mentioned lunch. "That actually doesn't sound like a bad idea, and if the freezer in this place is still running, there's a chance we can have those burgers." She said softly into Randy's ear before she pulled back a bit, and gave him a soft peck of a kiss on the end of his muzzle. She unwrapped her arms from around him, and got to her feet, offering a hand to help him up before leading the way into the kitchen.

"Find anything worthwhile?" She asked Cila as she entered the kitchen. She headed straight for the freezer, and started looking around inside. "HA! Jackpot!" She exclaimed as she pulled a roll of ground beef, and some frozen dinner roll dough from the freezer. "I'm sorry Cila, but we may be here a little longer, can't waste the opportunity." She said with a grin as she started rummaging through the kitchen to pull out other cooking supplies. "I think there was some berries in the freezer too." She added to the bat as she worked. "Ya know, the kind you throw on some short cake with whipped cream for a dessert." She explained as she got everything set out, and thawing. "Looks like you'll get a burger today after all." She told randy with a grin.

Sponsor

Larcen
Duke
Species: Coyote

Post by Larcen » Sun May 14, 2017 10:02 pm

A kiss from the girl you find attractive. Ahhh... Randy found himself a little love-drunk, the effect made all the more concentrated by him having been away from the fairer sex for so long. He gratefully took the paw offered, and did his best to support himself to the kitchen.

Cila had a mouthful of crackers spread with cream cheese, olives, and onion powder, and thus didn't answer any of Dima's rhetorical questions, opting instead to politely smile through stuffed cheeks and wag a finger to signal she couldn't talk. Even so, at the mention of berries, Cila's ears perked and eyes widened. As soon as Dima had finished in the freezer, the bat practically swooped in, sticking her head into it to search for them. Frozen berries were something of a summer treat at her house, doled out by her mother when they spent time in the penthouse pool. She emerged with her nose and ears a little red, but triumphant in holding up the bag of mixed berries. Sure, whipped cream and shortcake would have been divine, but Cila was in the mood for a less sophisticated treat. She slit the bag open with a claw and poured a small pile of the fruits into her wing. Then to unceremoniously nosh out of the little cup her webbing made. Mmmm. Tasted like summer. "Ahm, you two go right ahead! I am all but full by all of this shnacking," she said gleefully, her lips stained by juices. So good to have real fruit again, not preserved. Cila had her lunch right there in the bag.

Sitting in the breakfast nook chair, Randy scratched his head. Huh. "Sure you don't want us to fry you up a burger? Wouldn't be any trouble." She had teeth as sharp as he did, didn't she? Yeah, those little canines that poked out from under her lip. Hadn't he learned in school that carnivores and omnivores had sharp teeth, and herbivores had flat ones? This girl was weird in more ways than one.

"Ahm, fruit bat, dahling," Cila said with a slightly embarrassed blush. She'd had to explain it many times before. He still headtilted.
"You got the teeth for meat; I don't get it." Thank the public education system's failings. Randy had never met a fruit bat before either, only seen the other kinds who didn't mind meat. Bugs worked for the wee feral bats, but larger anthro bats needed larger prey.
"Nu, these teeth are for savagely tearing into the soft, tender flesh of fruits and vegetables; that is all."
"You vegan or sum'm?"
"Vegetarian," she clarified, just a little bit defensive, "I am a mammal, after all. Dairy is fine, and if I cannot tell the egg is in there--I mean like cakes, of course--I do not mind."
"Huh. Ok, noted," Randy shrugged. "So uh, Dima, what can I help you with?"

Before Dima could answer, Cila shushed him. "Sst sst! You vill do absolutely nothing! Let the vomen do the cooking; your job for now is to resht up and get healthy and all of this, yes?" Cila was old-world all right; in her upringing, the men went out to do their work while the women took care of the house while the kits hung out with each other, out of the adults' fur, and rarely shall the circles overlap. Randy shrugged and sat back, silenced and surprised by the bat. She was almost intimidating in a way.
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." --Groucho Marx

You say 'fundamentalist' like it's a bad thing. X3

Asyriel
God
United States of America

Post by Asyriel » Mon May 15, 2017 12:32 pm

Dima chuckled at Cila's stuffed cheeks, and again at her reaction to the news that there were berries in the freezer. She kept a close eye on Randy as he entered the kitchen, mostly to be sure he didn't need any help on his way in. Once he was in his seat, she relaxed a little bit. She listened to the conversation between Cila and Randy as she continued digging through cabinets, and drawers in the kitchen. She eventually found an aluminum thawing pan, and dropped the roll of burger, and a few of the dough chunks on to it to speed their thawing.

She chuckled as Randy offered to help with the cooking, and was quickly shushed. "Normally I wouldn't turn down a hand, but in this case, I think Cila's right. You really should be resting until we can get your strength back up a bit." After having his arms wrapped around her, she felt she had a pretty good gauge of his current strength, and it was not unexpected, but still cause for a little concern.

She ducked her head into the fridge and pulled out a pitcher filter with some water in it, then found some glasses. She set them on the table, and poured water for herself and her companions. She slid a glass over to Randy before saying. "Here, you need to keep drinking water as you can." She smiled before she turned her attention back to the cabinets. This time, she started digging for seasoning. She pulled out salt and pepper, some garlic powder, and when it came time, she planned to get some of the onion powder from Cila.

She set the oven to a low temperature, and as the dough got closer to thawing, she put it on a pan, and tossed it in the oven to hopefully jump start the yeast a bit. While the dough was warming, she broke up the burger int a mixing bowl, and added the salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder before mixing it all up. "Shame we don't have a patty press." She commented as she rolled the meat into balls, then started smushing them out into burger patties. With the patties made, she cleaned off her hands, and checked the dough before setting it in to actually bake. She set a frying pan on a burner on the stove, and got it heating. Before long the burgers were in the pan and frying.

"So, what do you think of going to Bonneauville?" She asked Randy, curios about his thoughts on the plan.

Larcen
Duke

Post by Larcen » Mon May 15, 2017 11:10 pm

While Cila munched blissfully--she didn't mind staying a little longer--Randy sipped obediently from his glass, then pondered into it. "Well, you guys are followin' this dude based off some radio show I haven't heard yet. Heck before now, I hadn't even heard of Bonneauville before; must be some small place."

"It vas on the road map, jusht a vee shpeck of a town."

"Exactly what I figured. At least it is on the map, but why's he bringin' us to some little podunk nowhere burg? I guarantee they didn't have a radio station outta there before all this went down. Town like that don't even have a newspaper."

"Hmm, good point," Cila acknowledged, tapping her chin with a thumb. "Vell, he did say there vere fewer bodies. I suppose that is a bonus from a health shtandpoint. And shmall towns that have not been absorbed by a larger vun tend to be surrounded by farmland, yes? Easier to replenish our food vhen the cans run out."
"Got me there; but somethin' still seems kinda fishy about it. Eh, we got noplace else to go, and he did say there are others, right?"
"Yes, another young man and a Dr. Vineberg, and he sounds like there are more."
"Another plus. Might as well go then. I'm with yas."
"I am glad to have you, dahling. And I am sure Dima is too," Dima said with a wink, "Though ve musht firsht shtop at the clothing shtore. Ve should make it there before sundown." Cila sniffed the air, and so did Randy. He loved it, Cila on the other wing didn't. Burgers a-frying in the pan. Mmmm. Or eww, as the case may be.

"I am going into the living room to relaxsh a bit; I forgot to do my exercises as vell, and so I should do them. Poftă bună, you two!" Cila dipped down, spreading her wings out in a sort of curtsey, before leaving the room that smelt of cooking flesh. She may not have liked it, but she wasn't about to ruin the others' meal because of it.

Randy tilted his head and squinted one eye, puzzling. "Exercises?" he mouthed to Dima as the bat made her exit. He hadn't asked Cila because he'd already looked like a fool to her once this hour.
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." --Groucho Marx

Asyriel
God
United States of America

Post by Asyriel » Tue May 16, 2017 1:01 pm

Dima listened to the conversation about Bonneauville and the reasons for them to keep their guard up as they got closer. "I just can't come up with a good reason for this guy to be calling people to come the the place if it isn't legit, well aside from him just being flat out crazy." She commented. She smiled as Randy confirmed that he would accompany them to find out just what was at the end of the road to Bonneauville. "Of course I am." She commented in reply to Cila stating she would be glad to have him along. "And if the place turns out to be a bust, we can always come back here, or even that winery." She offered.

"Oh, alright. Lunch shouldn't be too much longer." She replied as Cila headed out toward the living room. She chuckled at Randy's expression as he mouthed the word 'exercises'. "Back" She mouthed back to him, holding her hands up to cup her breasts for a moment before moving them to her lower back in pantomime explanation.

A few more minutes wait, and the burgers were finished. She flipped them out onto a plate before pulling the rolls out of the oven, they weren't buns, but better than nothing. She set the rolls out on the table before digging through the fridge and pulling out some condiments that hadn't expired yet, and individually wrapped cheese slices. She set everything out before sitting down at the table herself. "Well, dig in. I'm not sure what all you like on your burgers, so I figured I'd let you put your own together." She commented as she grabbed a roll, and cut it open. She squirted some ketchup, mustard, and mayonnaise onto the roll before topping it with a burger patty and cheese. "She took a big bite from the burger, and closed her eye, savoring the flavor. "Mmmmm, been a while now since I had a good burger." She commented before she looked at Randy again. "So, I know you've been away from well, everything, for a while. What would you like to do for fun? What constitutes a fun, relaxing day in your book?" She asked, curious to get to know the raccoon a bit better.

Larcen
Duke

Post by Larcen » Tue May 16, 2017 11:08 pm

Ohhh, Randy thought when Dima's pantomime finally sank in. Oh. Yeeeesh. The awful truth of every idiot teenage boy's fantasy. He cringed in sympathy. Anyway, 'nuff of that. Ooo, food! A pink tongue made a lap around his lips. He hoped his tiny ration period was over. "Oh, I take mine with the works; anything on it is fine, heh." Any veg in the fridge would have been dead by now, so never mind.

Once it was placed on his plate, Randy scooped it up. His little paws turned the burger in a fidgety circle before he took a bite. Nervous coon habit. His eyes rolled back and he murred. "You don't know the half of it. If the cafeteria served grub this good, prison riots would never happen," he mumbled through a full mouth and took a second bite, "Fhank you fo muf."

Halfway through, he felt a little stuffed and set the sammich from heaven down. Temporarily, of course. He'd finish it or die trying. But hey, quick interlude for question. "Oh, uh...iunno." He shifted and got a little bit sarcastic. "Uh, go out into the yard, play a few games with the guys, try not to drop the soap in the shower... *ahem* Anyway yeah, I've been in a long time, so I don't even know anymore," he shrugged, "What even is there to do anymore? Heck I remember going to the roller rink, bowling, stuff like that when I was a kit. Besides jacking car stereos and using fake ID's to get booze, heh. In other words, I'm up for anything, really. What about you?"

Meanwhile, Cila hung from the ceiling--oh gotta love those fake rough-cut rafters--and performed her calisthenics. A few sit-ups, much more exerting when inverted, then a few back extensions. Follow up with some side bends for the obliques, shoulder rolls and such for the upper body, and ahh, keeps the core strong and everything in its place. She hung there, comfortable, and eavesdropped on the conversation a little, just because why not?

Asyriel
God
United States of America

Post by Asyriel » Wed May 17, 2017 10:40 am

Dima chuckled at Randy's reaction to the burger. "I'll take that as a compliment. You're welcome, I'm glad you like it." She replied. She nodded as he spoke of his prison activities, and thought about making a suggestive joke about dropping soap, but thought better of it before she actually spoke, figuring it might have been a bit in bad taste. "Well, the skating rinks would be nice and empty now." She mused "I have always enjoyed hunting and fishing. I still like to shoot targets, keep the skills sharp, and I don't have to pay for ammo anymore." She shrugged. "I always enjoy a good book, the occasional video game." She chuckled. "I recently took up hiking, though that was more out of necessity than anything, till I met Cila." She paused for a moment. "Curling up on the couch to watch some movies, or listening to some music, and dancing like nobody's around." She laughed at the last one. "Though the dancing is normally because nobody's around. Always enjoyed going to amusement parks, and riding the roller coasters..." She trailed off with a shrug. "Always willing to try something new and different though." She finished before she finished her burger.

She got up, and started putting dishes in the sink more out of habit than anything else. "You want anything else?" She asked while she was working. "We probably ought to head out soon if we want to get you something decent to wear, and make any progress before nightfall." She commented as she put away condiment, and got the table cleaned up, minus what Randy had left. He'd looked determined to finish the whole burger.

Larcen
Duke

Post by Larcen » Sun May 21, 2017 12:32 am

Most of what Dima had said sounded like great ideas, and Randy nodded eagerly along. Most of it, that is, except the shooting thing. He wasn't sure he ever wanted to touch a gun again. Maybe a rifle or shotgun would be different. There was plenty of time to stall about that at any rate.

"No thanks, I'm stuffed," Randy lamented gratefully in response to the offer for more food. Was this how Aunt Myrtle had felt when she'd gotten that gastric bypass surgery? He stared at the half a burger. Well, the way Aunt Myrtle had gotten fat again after the surgery was by pushing her limits, and so Randy figured this was what he had to do. He crammed it down, burped, then sat back and groaned softly. So good, yet so full. Oof.

Cila butted in. "Yes, ve should go, vhile the light is shtill shining into the front of the shtore. Come, dahlings, let us depart. Also, Randy, I raided the pantry and grabbed a few granola bars for you; you should keep eating for a vhile, vhenever you can take a few bites. Can you shtand, or are you too full?"

"Nono, I got it," he laughed. His strength was returning, so he stood on his own and lumbered toward the door.

Cila smirked. He was kind of funny; it was good that he had retained a sense of humor. She led the procession and opened the door to let DIma in. "Lead on, back to the shtore, dahling!" Cila said after they were seated.

She followed Dima's directions, backtracking to the second-paw store. Upon arrival, they disembarked and entered. "All right, so Randy, dahling, here, take this to lean on if you need to, and go find something to vear that is more you. Dima and I vill go shop for girly things, yes?" She grabbed a shopping cart for him.

"Oh yeah, uh, sure thing," he answered, taking the cart. It wasn't a walker, but it would work. He pushed his way to the men's wear. Cila took Dima toward the women's half of the store. "So, dahling. I have an idea, jusht as an exercise. Pick something out that you like, vhether it fits or not, and show it to me. This vay I vill get an idea of vhat is your shtyle. Remember, in this new vorld, the tyrrany of the fashion vorld is no more; as long as ve like it and it does not clash, ve may adorn ourselves vith vhatever ve like! I have an idea for you, but firsht I vant to see your shtyle. Go for it!" she instructed, waving a wing over the entire clothing section.

Asyriel
God
United States of America

Post by Asyriel » Sun May 21, 2017 8:05 am

Dima nodded as Cila interrupted, and insisted that it was time to move on. She stored a waypoint in her GPS for the location on the house, just in case, and followed Cila and Randy outside. She stayed close to Randy, keeping an eye on him, just in case his strength failed him.

As they traveled, the partially leaned over the front seat to give directions, keeping them on course back to the second paw store. She chuckled as Cila sent Randy off to go find himself some clothes. "You sure you want to let him pick out his own clothes?" She joked as they made their way to the women's section of the store. "Hmm...well..." She mused as she turned to look at the racks of clothing. She had a feeling this was going to be a slightly depressing exercise for her, picking out styles she liked that were likely not going to fit. She browsed through the clothing, pulling out a couple different pair of low cut, hip hugger, jeans and shorts. She found a couple spaghetti strap shirts she liked, v-neck t-shirt. She found a short skirt, and a sundress that she picked up as well. She wasn't really paying attention to the colors, so much as the actual design of the clothing. She tried to pick mostly things that she thought might be at least a little flattering to her figure if they were made in her size.

She eventually returned to Cila with her selections. "This is all assuming that we find someplace where we can feel at least mostly safe." She commented as she showed what she had picked out to the bat. "If I'm worrying about survival, fashion kinda takes a back seat to utility." she continued. she paused a moment before she asked. "What did you have in mind for me?" She asked curiously. With most popular fashions being created for women much smaller than her, she didn't really follow them too much.

With her selections made, and waiting for Cila's input, she took a quick look around to see if she could catch sight of Randy, hoping he was doing okay on his own explorations of the store.

Larcen
Duke

Post by Larcen » Wed May 24, 2017 11:05 pm

Dima did have half a point, but as the raccoon wandered off by himself, Cila shrugged and waved him off. Nothing she couldn't fix after the fact. Mz. Fashionista perused the aisles as well, surreptiitiously making selections. Meanwhile she observed Dima as she shopped, picking up on her preferences and thought processes. "Remember, dahling; anything you see here, I can reproduce in your size," she called softly so as not to derail Dima's train of thought. Her ideas were coming together, and her first solution wasn't too far off. The sundress perked the bat's ears up. Ah, this was a facet she had not considered. So under all that rough-and-ready exterior, Dima was a woman after all! This required more plotting. With her wings wrapped idly around her, Cila's thumbs rubbed against one another in anticipation. Oh yes, this was going to be fun!

"Vell vell, not bad selections, dalhing! Not bad at all," she nodded, reviewing what was laid out. "You have more tashte than you realize! And as I said, everything here, I can make for you, vith the right fabrics and a machine. But there is nu need to be un-fabulous right now jusht for vant of those things, yes? Now I have been thinking, and I have come up vith an idea. I thought to myself, 'Cila, dahling, vhat kind of voman is both shtrong and cute?' and I answered, 'Vhy, the country girl is!' So. This is not a commitment and if it is not 'you,' you are free to take it off, but I have an outfit I vould like to try." She held up a plaid short-sleeve shirt and a pair of denim shorts, both for men, but the bat had magic up her sleeves. "Now as I said, vith your complexshion, you may vear any color you please, but the patterns are vhat you musht be carefool vith. In this case, the plaid is very subtle, so it does not clash vith your shpots. Here, put the shirt on firsht, vhile I fixsh the bottoms. I think I figured out something close to your size, and vith a belt, ve can make up for if I guessed bigger than you are. So firsht, the shirt. Put your arms through it and put it on, but inshtead of buttoning it down, you vill fashten vun button in the middle, then take the bottom corners, like thi--allow me, dahling--there, tie the hem like this, vay up here. It is cool and airy, but leaves enough to ringtailed imagination to not be shcandalous, yes? And for the bottoms...vai, vun second." She ripped most of the legs off of the jean shorts, not quite Daisy Dukes, but there was only one actress capable of pulling that look off. Still, they were short shorts that showed off Dima's long, speckled legs. "Here ve are! Try these now," she instructed, then reached for the nearby hat rack. "And to accessorize, a broad shtraw hat vith a blue ribbon around it for the exshtra cute, girly look and sun blocking, yes? Also the besht part of this look is that shoes are optional! I myself have nu use for them." Cila handed the final piece off, the kind of hat that didn't say "cowgirl," but more little-girl-in-an-old-oil-painting. She then bit her lip and crossed the toes of her right foot, hoping Dima liked it.

Asyriel
God
United States of America

Post by Asyriel » Fri May 26, 2017 2:07 pm

Dima blushed a bit when Cila told her she had more taste than she had given herself credit for. She grinned when Cila sad she could make everything that she had picked out. Her expression quickly turned thoughtful when the bat continued. "Country girl huh?" She replied. "Well, doesn't hurt to try it out." She continued as she looked at the plaid shirt, and denim shorts that Cila presented. The shorts were a little long for her personal tastes, but she was willing to wait and see what the bat had planned before she said anything.

She took another quick look around to make sure Randy wasn't nearby before she pulled off the shirt she was wearing to put on the one Cila had given her. She had automatically started buttoning the entire thing before Cila stopped her, with instructions only to button one button. She took the bottom corners in her hands, but as she contemplated what Cila was explaining, the bat took the corners, and tied them together way up just below her breasts. She looked down to inspect the large swath of now exposed white belly and chest fur, nodding at Cila's explanation. "Not quite scandalous." She murmured as she adjusted the shirt just a bit so her bra was a little less visible underneath. She turned her attention to watch as Cila trimmed down the shorts.

She looked again to be sure Randy wasn't close before she unbuckled her belt, and dropped her pants to the floor. She stepped out of her pants before taking the shorts, and putting them on. They weren't super short, but they were short enough that some of the white fur of her inner thighs was now exposed as well. While Cila was looking for accessories, Dima was retrieving one of her own. She pulled the belt out of her pants, and threaded it through the loops on the shots she was wearing before adding her pistol holster to it.

She wasn't too sure about the hat, but that was more because she didn't really consider herself a hat person. She looked down at herself again, then looked for a mirror. "Well, I'm not too sure about plaid, but overall I think I like it." She said with a smile. "I am curious though what the target audience will think of it." She commented as the tried to pick out where Randy was in the store. She wanted to see what his reaction would be to her new attire. "I think I'm going to need a bag of some sort too." She told CIla as she picked up her pants, and various things clanked and jingled in the pockets. "Not enough room in these shorts to carry everything." She explained with a chuckle as she finished gathering up the clothes she had been wearing before. "Shall we go find our masked companion, and see what he's found for himself?"