Welcome to the World of Feila!

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

New to the forum? Get started by reading general information about Feila and the rules of the forum.

Need help? Send a private message to RabidFox. The staff is always willing to assist users with questions and problems. There's also a thread for how to role-play.

Don't be shy. Feel free to start posting when you're ready. We have a friendly community that is more than happy to welcome you and invite you to role-play. And don't worry about all the informational threads! You only need minimal knowledge to role-play. There's no need to do lots of reading.

Role-players wanting to write role-playing posts under five sentences, see the One Liners board.

Check out our announcement forum, The World Court, for important information about what's going on in our community.

Want to chat with other Feilans? Check out our Discord server!

Kills 99.9% on Contact!

For non-canon Feila and non-Feila role-playing, the Twilight Zone offers a venue to experience all time and all settings. If you'd like to role-play in a time period that has no canon counterpart, or if you'd like to role-play on a world that is not Feila, then this is the place. All races are allowed, including humans.
Asyriel
God
United States of America

Re: Kills 99.9% on Contact!

Post by Asyriel » Sun Jul 02, 2017 6:43 pm

Dima continued to cling tightly to Randy for a time, letting go of as much of her pent up emotions as she could. She didn't thing she could find the words to express how much she appreciated him being there, and his sympathy. She snuffled into his neck before she gave a muffled reply to his last statement. "I wouldn't wish that on you." She said softly. "I wish they'd have just left us to go on our way."

When Phil spoke up, she turned her head enough that she could look at him, though she still held on to Randy. "Unfortunately, we were minding our own business and it found us." She replied.

She gave the softest beginnings of a purr when she felt Randy's nose nuzzle against her ear. She pushed her nose back against his neck for a moment before she nodded in reply to his question. "yeah, but you're coming with me." She told him before she started looking for someplace they could sit. "I just hope Cila will recover from this. Should probably check on her if she doesn't come back in soon." She commented, still worried about her friend.

Sponsor

Larcen
Duke
Species: Coyote

Post by Larcen » Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:03 am

In his hippie reasoning, Phil came up with the theory possibly everyone had been dreading. "What if... Brother Jesse was the leader of them? What if he ran the whole outfit, luring us there but having a trap in the way to... iunno, get us?" This theory was promptly shot down by Ginny with an irritated hoof stomping the pavement. She crossed her arms and glared at him, an eyebrow raised.

"Yeah I guess you're right; that'd be dumb. I mean, why even bother, man?" he clarified. The pony nodded.

Randy kept his own arms around Dima, breaking off to stand next to her and listen to the foolish idea. Still, he kept one arm around her waist, not letting go as he was led to the couch in their assigned room, with the other travelers following them in for company.

Meanwhile, after geting over the cold water, Cila had a grand time. Bathtubs that accommodated bats' wings were simply impractical in size, and therefore virtually unheard of. This, however, was a different story. The swimming pool had enough room for her to stretch out and swim about while she cleaned up. After making sure the gore was washed from her wings and fur, Cila spread out her span and lay on her back, only the end of her muzzle sticking out of the water--and unfortunately, two other buoyant things to ruin the moment, but forget them. With the water clogging her ears and making her weightless, her eyes closed to shut out the world, Cila drifted along on the calm surface, and thought. Sure, she had done something unthinkable in her modern culture. But she was not the first, as she reminded herself. Her aripasabii were not ceremonial models. They had tasted blood before, generations previous. Being the daughter of long lost colony leaders came with it a history of having to defend one's own; which, if she stripped away the vengeful thoughts, was what she had done. She could live with that.

Eventually she found the ladder and exited the water before she began to chatter. Cila toweled off, then realized she hadn't picked out a new outfit. She sighed, then wrapped up and tottered to Brunhilda, who would never judge her. With great haste, lest someone peek out at her, she popped the trunk and managed to find something to wear, one of her old sweatsuit ensembles, minus the extra rigging. Throwing them on, she rapped at the hotel room doorway.

"Hallu? I am fine now, everyvun. Thank you," she announced sheepishly. Ginny bobbed her head in welcome and bid her come in, though an ear cocked back in concern. Seemed a letdown from such a unique outfit to... something the pony's mom would have worn on a day stayed at home. Hm. She shook her mane and let it go. At least the bat didn't seem about to lose it anymore.
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." --Groucho Marx

You say 'fundamentalist' like it's a bad thing. X3

Asyriel
God
United States of America

Post by Asyriel » Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:23 pm

Dima didn't like the direction Phil's thoughts went. She had to admit that it could be possible, though to her it didn't make any sense. Her own mind turned to dark thoughts on the outcome of any confrontation if Phil's theory turned out to be true. She had been about to give voice to those thoughts when thankfully, Ginny injected a much needed infusion of sense into the whole discussion through her wordless rebuke. Dima smiled gratefully as they moved away from the terrible topic.

She continued to hold on to Randy as they made their way to the couch, leaning lightly against him as they sat down. Thankfully, Dima's worry for Cila being alone didn't have time to grow much worse, though he ears did swivel and flick as she heard the car trunk open. She continued to listen, and was eventually relieved to hear Cila knock on the door to the room.

"Welcome back dear." She said, her relief evident in her voice as she spoke. She wore a genuine, if small smile as she continued. "You look like you're feeling better. Come have a seat." She said as she patted the couch on the other side of her from Randy. She turned her attention to Phil, and Ginny. "So, I've been curious, and I hope you don't mind my asking. How did you two meet?" She was hoping it would be a story that could help take all their minds from the events of earlier.

Larcen
Duke

Post by Larcen » Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:52 am

Cila found the room not well suited to her needs as a hanging creature, but resolved to employ the awning outside later that evening. She could also make a good lookout for that matter. Instead she propped herself up on one of the beds, reclining in burrito form. "Yes, I musht admit I am curious too, please," she agreed, ears perked. Randy had heard some of it before, and was feeling somewhat tired. He leaned a little against Dima even as she was doing the same to him.

"Oh, sure, man! Well I came from the West Coast, met Ginny around the Midwest." He turned his head toward her. "Hey, s'alright if I mention it?" She nodded, albeit hesitantly. She shifted uncomfortably, then excused herself and went outside for a brief walk. Phil went on. "Yeah, uh, she's been through all the stuff we all have, but right before it all went down, she was kinda wishin' it would happen. Showed me her diary so that's how I know. Kinda snapped her mind a little, know what I mean? Cuz you know how it is, every 17 year old wishes their folks and everybody else was dead once in a while, am I right?" Cila didn't think so; she had always been very close to her parents. Still, she held her peace. Randy on the other hand couldn't argue, so he didn't. "Anyway, as I was saying, that's when it all hit, and she never talked again after that. Iunno if she could if she wanted to at this point. So right, yeah, I was takin' a cross country ride anyway, 'cuz why not, right? Met her out in corn country, sittin' in a diner with a buncha mannequins. She'd got 'em all outta the mall and set 'em up like they were customers, man. Kinda hurt to watch; I mean, I could be her dad, man, if I wasn't a cat. Kid like that playin' with life-size dolls 'cuz she thought she wished everyone to death? Man, there's gotta be some heavy stuff goin' on upstairs, know what I mean?" He rambled, repeated himself some, but Cila kind of liked this guy; he seemed genuinely honest and free from deceit. Technically he could be her father too, just about, and the smell of burnt herbs about him put her off. Still, nice kitty.

"The poor thing," Cila churred sadly. "You are good for taking her vith you."

"S'alright, man. Couldn't leave her there with the mannequins. And she makes sure I'm not too buzzed to ride, heh heh." That made both bat and coon roll their eyes.
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." --Groucho Marx

Asyriel
God
United States of America

Post by Asyriel » Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:32 pm

Dima laid her head on Randy's shoulder, and nuzzled into his neck as he leaned on her, and her throat and chest began to rumble with a soft, nearly inaudible purr. She put an arm around him affectionately as they listened to Phil. She was a little curious about the interaction between the two when it came to the subject of the story, and Ginny's subsequent retreat from the area. It wasn't long though before her curiosity was assuaged.

"Wow, I never would have guessed. That has to have been rough on her." Dima commented sympathetically when Phil told them about her diary entry and the conclusion she had come to. "It's probably better for both of you that you found her then." She said with a soft chuckle when Phil mentioned that she kept him from riding under the influence. "Maybe, given time and some gentle encouragement, she'll talk again." She speculated. "Though, given her reaction earlier, I doubt it would be any of us she'd want to talk to." She continued, referring to herself, Randy and Cila.

She thought about asking Phil about his thoughts on Brother Jesse, but remembering the direction that subject had started to take earlier, she changed her mind. Eventually she sighed. "It's been a hell of a day, is it sad that I'm starting to debate going to bed?" She asked the room as a whole. "I mean unless anybody has anything else they want to do." She clarified.

Larcen
Duke

Post by Larcen » Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:50 pm

The fur running down Randy's back began to tingle in unison to Dima's purring. His tail even floofed up a little, to his embarrassment, but he reached over and stroked her cheek with a paw. Yep, this he could get used to. No other women in the world would take her place, if he had anything to say about it. Cila heard the purr, if nobody else did, and smiled at them.

"Yeah, I guesso," Phil chuckled. The leopardess was right. A hippie with a substance problem and a regressed teenager turned out good for each other. He perked up. "Oh I better let her back in. She doesn't like hearing about it; you know teens. They get all emotional about stuff, and who can blame her, right? I'll go get her." He stood up with a sort of Jack Sparrow sway, and meandered to the door. Leaning out, he called, "Hey yo, Ginny! You can come back in, li'l mama!" The sound of shiny, glitter-painted hooves in silver clip-on shoes approaching answered his call.

Cila yawned, and Randy did after her. "I do not blame you a bit, dahling. If it is all the same to you, I vould not mind sharing a room again. You and Randy may have the beds, and I vill find someplace on the ceiling," she offered, but Randy blushed. "Aw, nah, you...oh. right, duh." In truth, he half wanted to sleep with Dima, but half wanted to make sure he didn't get carried away and do something the new Randy wouldn't approve of. Oh who was he kidding? He was in no physical shape to engage in any of THAT kind of behavior anyway. Still, he wasn't going to offer to share a bed unless Dima made the first move. And he wouldn't engage in any hanky-panky even without a bat in the room.

"Yeah man, I guess we'll break off to our own room," Phil concurred. In truth he was feeling a little saddle sore, and Ginny probably too, from riding most of the day. Putting a fatherly paw around the filly's shoulder, he walked her to his bike to grab the "party" supplies, then to the adjacent room. Cila, meanwhile, scanned the ceiling and sighed. Darn paper-and-aluminum drop ceiling. Hmm. She reached up and slipped a claw into the ceiling frame, exploring the structure. Aha! These bars felt strong enough here. She slipped into the bathroom and fetched a pair of bath towels. Wrapping them around the sharp-edged metal beam, she figured it would hold for one night without too much bending, if she didn't fidget. She slipped off her outfit, leaving the pink onesie, then climbed up and wrapped, too tired for teeth brushing and all that bother. Her wings drew up 'til only her ears poked out the bottom, and her nose slipped out through the gap. "Somn ușor, you two, and thank you for helping me keep from falling apart," she churred.

"No worries, Bats," Randy answered with a nod. "Thanks for gettin' me out." This was said mostly in response to her, but he was looking at Dima instead.

Asyriel
God
United States of America

Post by Asyriel » Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:41 pm

The light touch of Randy's paw on her cheek elicited a more intense purr from Dima, this was something she could easily get used to, especially after a day like they'd had that day. She was so caught up in the warm feelings of the moment that she barely registered Phil's self reminder to bring Ginny back into the room. She did look as she heard the door open, and Phil calling out to the young mare.

Dima looked up as Ginny came back into the room. "Hey dear, doing alright?" She asked with sincere concern. She wasn't expecting much more than a head nod or shake, but thought maybe seeing that there were others who cared besides just Phil may help in some way. She yawned as well, before she replied to Cila's query. "Of course dear, you're always welcome." She told the bat with a smile. She couldn't help but chuckle a little at Randy's attempt to offer the extra comfort to Cila, and the quick realization that hanging from the ceiling was the bat's preferred situation.

She nodded as Phil announced the he and Ginny would retire to their own room. "Have a good night, and be careful." She replied as they headed out. She looked at Randy with a sleepy smile as Cila searched for a proper anchor point to hang from. "Randy dear, you know we don't have to use both of the beds." She commented quietly. She wasn't planning on engaging in any extra curricular activities, she was too tired, and she doubted Randy was in any shape for it considering that he was still recovering from near starvation. She mostly just wanted the company, though she'd be lying if she said that other things hadn't crossed her mind at all. "Why don't we share a bed tonight." She offered as she started undressing for bed. Her pistol went on the nightstand next to the bed before she pulled off the shorts, and shirt she was wearing. She put the clothes in a fairly neat pile on top the room's dresser, then removed her bra and dropped it on top the pile before heading to the bed.

She pulled back the covers on the bed, and crawled in, waiting to see if Randy was going to join her. She smiled as Cila poked her nose out and spoke. "Of course dear, you'd have done the same for us." She replied to Cila before turning her attention to Randy. "I'm glad we did." She told him with an affectionate smile.

Larcen
Duke

Post by Larcen » Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:16 pm

OH! She sleeps in the fur. Okay, um, yeah, no, we're cool, sure! Gulp. Randy was ready but nervous. Still, take it easy, buster. There is another woman here, and she was clothed yet, so uh, to each their own! That's a good philosophy, right? He stripped to his boxers, looking rather pathetic with his rib cage showing and all that. No matter, he was working on that, just wouldn't be a very snuggly cuddle on her end. He slipped in under the sheets, put his head to the pillow with intent to watch his lover sleep, but no sooner had he blinked than it was suddenly several hours later, sometime around 3am. The raccooning hour.

He blinked a few times in the dark, and realized just how dark it was. No more light pollution, no street lamps...man, a town looked freaky like this. The sky was no longer tinted an unnatural pink at the horizons.

"You are avake, Randy?"
"Yeah. You too, huh?"
"I am."
"Tell ya what, I'm gonna head out and see what I can dig up. Grab a danish from the lobby or somethin'. You want a soda?"

"Thank you, nu." Cila stretched her wings and flapped a little, yawning wide. "I may resht here for a bit longer. You vill be carefool, yes?"

"Course. Back by dawn." He dressed and slipped out, into the town.

Cila was left alone with her mind, watching Dima and trying to draw strength from her. Had she been a different type of bat--the abominable type--she might have tried to draw it directly. No, she would be all right. There were many generations of bats who had shed blood in defense of self and kin. She was a warrior princess now.

"Vhen you vake, ve musht talk," she whispered to the leopardess, tucking herself back in, and watching as the slivers of moonlight cast through the vertical blinds crept across the walls.

Asyriel
God
United States of America

Post by Asyriel » Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:49 pm

Dima frowned a bit at seeing just how little meat Randy had on him, the true extent of his starvation had been hidden by clothes before. She was all the more glad they had found him in time, and she was sure he'd fill out again nicely in time. She gave a pleased grin as he climbed into the bed with her, despite his nervousness. She snuggled up against him, her tail draped over his body, happy for the company. She was asleep quickly, and too tired to be nocturnal that night.

As Randy started to slide out of the bed, Dima stirred and muttered something unintelligible in her sleep that sounded like pleading before she rolled into the warm spot the raccoon had vacated.

As the night crept closer to morning, Dima's sleep became troubled by nightmares. She tossed and turned violently a few times before she shot straight up, eyes wide in the low light of early dawn. Acting on instinct before she had her wits about her, she snatched the pistol off the nightstand next to her, pointing it at the door, and yelling. "Don't take another step closer!" Luckily she didn't pull the trigger, and after a few moments, her rapid heavy breathing began to slow as she realized where she was. She set the gun back on the nightstand, her hand shaking after she let go, and looked around the room for Randy and Cila.

Larcen
Duke

Post by Larcen » Sat Jul 29, 2017 1:49 pm

No one answered Dima's orders, though Cila nearly screeched out at the display. She understood what had happened, though. PTSD, that terrible phantasm. She now had a divine duty, especially given her position. "It is only I, Dima," she replied softly, though her wings bound themselves like stretch wrap around herself in fright. "You are safe. Ssst..." which was her native tongue for shhh. With one calculated flap and a deft mid-air somersault--she hadn't lost all her skills when her balance had been set askew--Cila landed light as a feather onto the bed beside the cat. It took a deep breath at first in order to set her nerves, but Cila slipped a warm, suede wing around front Dima as a comforting blanket.

"In the olden times, the Venerable Doamna Stelelora vas a very vise, pious Rousette," Cila related in a gentle voice, like a storyteller. "Some vould call her a saint, but ve are all saints, who believe. Long ago, she wrote that ve bats have a duty. To us vas given the Great Provider's diamond cloak, the night shky, for our protection. So because ve own the night, vhile others shleep, ve are their shtevards. By jurishdiction, this exshtends to the vorld of dreams, and ve are duty bound to chase the nightmares, the rogue dreams, avay from their victims. Allow me to do this, Dima, and tell me vhat happened, if you remember."

Asyriel
God
United States of America

Post by Asyriel » Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:06 pm

Dima drew a heavy shuddering breath as Cila spoke. As she released that breath, she seemed to deflate, and seemed to almost look small, despite her stature. She nodded, and her eyes continued to scan the room, looking for Randy in both worry, and desire for comfort. Thankfully Cila dropped from her perch to offer comfort.

As Cila wrapped a wing around her, Dima leaned heavily into the bat, and snuffled to herself as she listened to Cila's words. "It was dark, and cold, and I was so alone..." She began quietly. "Then a door opened, a blinding light flooded in, and I thought I was saved. A figure filled the doorway, but it was no saviour. There was nothing but malice and hunger in that figure as it moved toward me, intent on terrible things..." She took a deep breath. "I couldn't get away, I was trapped, I needed something to defend myself...then I woke up." She shook herself slightly as the memory of the nightmare started to fade, and she snuffled again before she rubbed at her eyes with a paw. "Where did Randy go?" She asked eventually, still leaning into Cila.

Larcen
Duke

Post by Larcen » Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:36 am

Cila listened intently, analyzing. In her culture, amateur dream analysis based on the writings of Stelelora were almost a required part of kit raising, at least for the more traditional families like Cila's own. Much of it was based on old wives' tales rather than modern psychology, but Cila thought she had this one figured out. Her other wing draped itself across Dima, completing the snuggle.

"He vent out vandering, looking for vhatever he can find, jusht like the shcavenger he is," she answered foremost with an attempt at an insincere speciesist quip. "He is shmart, and his shtrength is returning to him. He vill be fine; if by dawn he does not return, ve shall go looking for him. But now for your dream. You are afraid Brother Jesse is not vhat he seems, yes? I fear this too, but even if he is a predator, ve are more than enough to punish him. Shtill, from vhat Brunhilda tells me through her radio, he is genuine. Of course I cannot hear much besides vhat you can; the radio is older, and from vhat I can tell, so is Brother Jesse's eqvipment is too. Shtill, as I said, ve are more than enough, if ve... handled... handled those other thugs." Suddenly she, too, wished Randy was there, just for a male presence and to know that he was safe. Pack species solidarity. Cila tucked her muzzled under a wing and cleared her throat before continuing. "And now, I say to the bad dream, Visul rău, plecați!" (Which is to say, "bad dream, begone!") She then blew a faint puff of air into Dima's ear, then craned her neck behind the leopardess to make sure it left through the other one. Then she let out half a giggle. "Sorry, dahling, jusht something Mamica alvays did for me. Are you ok now?"

Asyriel
God
United States of America

Post by Asyriel » Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:37 pm

Dima wasn't going to turn down the comforting contact as Cila wrapped her other wing around her. "Oh." She replied as Cila explained that Randy had left to go poking around, she just hoped he didn't find trouble. "I hope he will be." She said, refusing to voice the grim thought that popped into her head that it would be a shame for him to have been rescued from starvation just to find death in another form.

She gave a small shrug, and nodded slightly at Cila's interpretation of her nightmare. There was a strong possibility that her anxiety over Brother Jesse possibly not being what he portrayed himself to be. There were probably far deeper root causes for it though, something neither she nor Cila were really qualified to analyse. "He does seem genuine." She commented. "I just hope he is as genuine as he sounds through the radio. I don't want to...handle..anyone else if I don't have to."

Dima gave the slightest involuntary shudder, and her ear flicked as the faint puff of air tickled into it. She chuckled when Cila giggled. She gave a smile, and nodded in reply to Cila's question if she was okay. "Yeah, but I'm awake now and I doubt I'll be able to get back to sleep." She paused for a moment before wrapping her arms around Cila's neck, and giving her a hug. She suddenly giggled as a thought ran amok through her mind. "I think poor Randy would pass out if he came back and saw us like this." She grinned and winked as she pressed her bare furred chest against Cila for a moment before letting go of the bat. "We should see if we can scrounge up any coffee, and something to eat in the lobby." She suggested.

Once the hugs and snuggles were done, She got out of the bed, and put her clothes on. The pistol went back into it's holster at her hip. She waited to see if Cila was going to get dressed and come along with her before she headed toward the hotel lobby. Through all of this, there was a part of her that continued to worry for Randy's safety.

Larcen
Duke

Post by Larcen » Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:19 pm

The hug was warmly returned, since bats do give the best hugs, you know. Even so, as Dima's bare chest smushed against and became all but lost in Cila's onesie-clad bosom, the bat did feel a bit awkward. Still she managed to power through it for the sake of comfortment. After Dima let go, Cila followed her lead and picked out an outfit. No more frumpy sweatclothes, she told herself, digging through her sizeable suitcase. Being a fashionista was a burden sometimes. What to wear to meet you-know-who? Certainly nothing revealing; he sounded like the type who would frown upon immodesty, and honestly, where had daring choices gotten her recently? Vai. Here we go, a blouse with a little frill to it and held together with toggles, buttoned all the way up. Accent with her favorite neckerchief, and some paisley print slacks. Good enough. She combed and gussied and powdered and preened and by the time the first cracks of dawn appeared, was downright presentable, if not straight fabulous. She even lent some protips to Dima if desired.

From there she crept along to the lobby, passing a room containing a mane coon and a pony, one of whom was snoring heavily. Some party, all right. She stuck with prepackaged food from the vending machines, a blueberry muffin and a bottle of warm apple juice. On second thought, maybe two more bottles; they were small, and juice was a staple of the megachiropteran diet after all. Mmm; for once she didn't disdain pasteurization. A side effect of the Virus that worked in her favor for once, was that victims, five minutes before expiration, went insane, even savage, sometimes destroying anything in their grasp. This time the secondary victims had been the vending machines, which stood with yawning holes in their glass surrounded bits of dark red crystal shattered all over the floor. Cila elected to shop from the ceiling rather than risk cutting her bare feet or stepping in the remains of the hotel manager.

About an hour after the sun came up, a delivery van rolled up to the lobby, obviously making its appointed rounds. Wait, rounds? That couldn't be right. Sure enough, the truck emblazoned with the word "Tastykake" in blue and white arched letters stopped and out jumped Randy, now sporting a more comfortable T-shirt, jeans, and ball cap. The coon looked a little like he was riding out the end of a sugar bender, his collar flocked with crumbs and powdered sugar. He waved, a half-finished bottle of Gatorade in his paw. "Look what I found!"

Oh vai, how could one raccoon eat so much of that garbage? Cila wondered, smiling but shaking her head, then realized she'd answered her own question. His gut was even a little distended. Still, he found Dima and traipsed up to her, a little slowly, as if nursing a mild tummyache after all. "Not only that, there's a locksmith in town, so..." he prestidigitated a set of lockpicks in his off paw, fanning them out like a hand of cards. "We can now get in just about anywhere you want. Tiffany's, Saks Fifth Avenue, Ollie's Bargain Outlet, you name it!" he winked, and even Cila laughed at that bad joke. "I also brought breakfast if you ain't ate already."

"That vas mosht kind, dahling, but I for vun have had enough sugar for vun morning, and so have you, from vhat it looks like."

Randy shrugged, then put an arm around Dima's waist. "Eh, I got a license to binge, right? Anyway, how's my freckled beauty this morning?" he smiled up at her.

Asyriel
God
United States of America

Post by Asyriel » Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:11 pm

Dima took the time while Cila was preening to run a brush through her fur and hair, then she did her best to apply makeup. With Cila's tips, and help, Dima came out of the morning routine looking pretty good, and definitely much better than she had at the end of the day before.

Dima stopped by Brunhilda on the way to the lobby, and pulled a small propane burner, and percolator coffee pot from her things in the car. While Cila was pulling things from the vending machine, she rummaged around the lobby till she found some coffee grounds. She got her little burner lit, and coffee, and water in the pot. She was quiet, and had a thoughtful air about her as she worked, almost as if she were trying to puzzle something out in her mind. She managed to ignore what was left of the hotel manager as she moved back and forth collecting supplies.

When the coffee was finished brewing, she turned off the burner, and set the pot on a table before finding a cup to pour it into. She had her coffee, and was standing in front of the vending machine, trying to decide what she wanted to eat when she heard the delivery truck pulling in. Her hand reflexively went to the pistol on her belt, and it hovered there as she watched the truck. When she recognized Randy getting out of the truck, she released a relieved sigh, and let the hand that hovered near her pistol fall to her side. She gave a helpless laugh as she watched Randy come around the truck waving a Gatorade. "Looks like quite the haul." She called back to him.

She smiled affectionately as he approached, and looked him over. She was looking for any obvious injuries first, then his general condition. She noticed the distended belly, and shook her head slightly. "Oh, Nice...I'm sure those will come in handy." She commented as she looked over the lockpicks. "Is it sad that my first thoughts of places to get into were sporting goods, and hardware stores?" She asked, her mindset of practicality and necessity easily overrode ideas of fashion and luxury. She chuckled when Randy mentioned bringing breakfast. "I was actually just getting ready to grab something when you showed up. I made coffee if you're interested." She offered.

She leaned into him a bit as he put an arm around her, enjoying the affectionate nature of the contact. "To an extent." She replied. "It would be a shame if you made yourself sick." She replied. She returned his smile, though she hesitated for a brief moment before replying to his question of how she was. "I'm okay." She replied, not sure if she wanted to talk about the nightmare again, not that she could really remember the nightmare itself at this point. "I was a little worried when I woke up and you were gone." She admitted. "It looks like you made it back in one piece though." She continued. "You doing all right? Didn't run into any trouble out there?" She asked.