Welcome to the World of Feila!

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

New to the forum? Get started by reading general information about Feila and the rules of the forum.

Need help? Send a private message to RabidFox. The staff is always willing to assist users with questions and problems. There's also a thread for how to role-play.

Don't be shy. Feel free to start posting when you're ready. We have a friendly community that is more than happy to welcome you and invite you to role-play. And don't worry about all the informational threads! You only need minimal knowledge to role-play. There's no need to do lots of reading.

Check out our announcement forum, The World Court, for important information about what's going on in our community.

Want to chat with other Feilans? Check out our IRC channel!

Kills 99.9% on Contact!

For non-canon Feila and non-Feila role-playing, the Twilight Zone offers a venue to experience all time and all settings. If you'd like to role-play in a time period that has no canon counterpart, or if you'd like to role-play on a world that is not Feila, then this is the place. Only original, user-created settings are allowed to be role-played here other than Feila's own setting. No fan fiction is permitted that doesn't pertain to Feila. All races are allowed, including humans.
Asyriel
God
United States of America

Re: Kills 99.9% on Contact!

Post by Asyriel » Sun Jul 02, 2017 6:43 pm

Dima continued to cling tightly to Randy for a time, letting go of as much of her pent up emotions as she could. She didn't thing she could find the words to express how much she appreciated him being there, and his sympathy. She snuffled into his neck before she gave a muffled reply to his last statement. "I wouldn't wish that on you." She said softly. "I wish they'd have just left us to go on our way."

When Phil spoke up, she turned her head enough that she could look at him, though she still held on to Randy. "Unfortunately, we were minding our own business and it found us." She replied.

She gave the softest beginnings of a purr when she felt Randy's nose nuzzle against her ear. She pushed her nose back against his neck for a moment before she nodded in reply to his question. "yeah, but you're coming with me." She told him before she started looking for someplace they could sit. "I just hope Cila will recover from this. Should probably check on her if she doesn't come back in soon." She commented, still worried about her friend.

Sponsor

Larcen
Duke
Species: Coyote

Post by Larcen » Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:03 am

In his hippie reasoning, Phil came up with the theory possibly everyone had been dreading. "What if... Brother Jesse was the leader of them? What if he ran the whole outfit, luring us there but having a trap in the way to... iunno, get us?" This theory was promptly shot down by Ginny with an irritated hoof stomping the pavement. She crossed her arms and glared at him, an eyebrow raised.

"Yeah I guess you're right; that'd be dumb. I mean, why even bother, man?" he clarified. The pony nodded.

Randy kept his own arms around Dima, breaking off to stand next to her and listen to the foolish idea. Still, he kept one arm around her waist, not letting go as he was led to the couch in their assigned room, with the other travelers following them in for company.

Meanwhile, after geting over the cold water, Cila had a grand time. Bathtubs that accommodated bats' wings were simply impractical in size, and therefore virtually unheard of. This, however, was a different story. The swimming pool had enough room for her to stretch out and swim about while she cleaned up. After making sure the gore was washed from her wings and fur, Cila spread out her span and lay on her back, only the end of her muzzle sticking out of the water--and unfortunately, two other buoyant things to ruin the moment, but forget them. With the water clogging her ears and making her weightless, her eyes closed to shut out the world, Cila drifted along on the calm surface, and thought. Sure, she had done something unthinkable in her modern culture. But she was not the first, as she reminded herself. Her aripasabii were not ceremonial models. They had tasted blood before, generations previous. Being the daughter of long lost colony leaders came with it a history of having to defend one's own; which, if she stripped away the vengeful thoughts, was what she had done. She could live with that.

Eventually she found the ladder and exited the water before she began to chatter. Cila toweled off, then realized she hadn't picked out a new outfit. She sighed, then wrapped up and tottered to Brunhilda, who would never judge her. With great haste, lest someone peek out at her, she popped the trunk and managed to find something to wear, one of her old sweatsuit ensembles, minus the extra rigging. Throwing them on, she rapped at the hotel room doorway.

"Hallu? I am fine now, everyvun. Thank you," she announced sheepishly. Ginny bobbed her head in welcome and bid her come in, though an ear cocked back in concern. Seemed a letdown from such a unique outfit to... something the pony's mom would have worn on a day stayed at home. Hm. She shook her mane and let it go. At least the bat didn't seem about to lose it anymore.
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." --Groucho Marx

You say 'fundamentalist' like it's a bad thing. X3

Asyriel
God
United States of America

Post by Asyriel » Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:23 pm

Dima didn't like the direction Phil's thoughts went. She had to admit that it could be possible, though to her it didn't make any sense. Her own mind turned to dark thoughts on the outcome of any confrontation if Phil's theory turned out to be true. She had been about to give voice to those thoughts when thankfully, Ginny injected a much needed infusion of sense into the whole discussion through her wordless rebuke. Dima smiled gratefully as they moved away from the terrible topic.

She continued to hold on to Randy as they made their way to the couch, leaning lightly against him as they sat down. Thankfully, Dima's worry for Cila being alone didn't have time to grow much worse, though he ears did swivel and flick as she heard the car trunk open. She continued to listen, and was eventually relieved to hear Cila knock on the door to the room.

"Welcome back dear." She said, her relief evident in her voice as she spoke. She wore a genuine, if small smile as she continued. "You look like you're feeling better. Come have a seat." She said as she patted the couch on the other side of her from Randy. She turned her attention to Phil, and Ginny. "So, I've been curious, and I hope you don't mind my asking. How did you two meet?" She was hoping it would be a story that could help take all their minds from the events of earlier.

Larcen
Duke

Post by Larcen » Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:52 am

Cila found the room not well suited to her needs as a hanging creature, but resolved to employ the awning outside later that evening. She could also make a good lookout for that matter. Instead she propped herself up on one of the beds, reclining in burrito form. "Yes, I musht admit I am curious too, please," she agreed, ears perked. Randy had heard some of it before, and was feeling somewhat tired. He leaned a little against Dima even as she was doing the same to him.

"Oh, sure, man! Well I came from the West Coast, met Ginny around the Midwest." He turned his head toward her. "Hey, s'alright if I mention it?" She nodded, albeit hesitantly. She shifted uncomfortably, then excused herself and went outside for a brief walk. Phil went on. "Yeah, uh, she's been through all the stuff we all have, but right before it all went down, she was kinda wishin' it would happen. Showed me her diary so that's how I know. Kinda snapped her mind a little, know what I mean? Cuz you know how it is, every 17 year old wishes their folks and everybody else was dead once in a while, am I right?" Cila didn't think so; she had always been very close to her parents. Still, she held her peace. Randy on the other hand couldn't argue, so he didn't. "Anyway, as I was saying, that's when it all hit, and she never talked again after that. Iunno if she could if she wanted to at this point. So right, yeah, I was takin' a cross country ride anyway, 'cuz why not, right? Met her out in corn country, sittin' in a diner with a buncha mannequins. She'd got 'em all outta the mall and set 'em up like they were customers, man. Kinda hurt to watch; I mean, I could be her dad, man, if I wasn't a cat. Kid like that playin' with life-size dolls 'cuz she thought she wished everyone to death? Man, there's gotta be some heavy stuff goin' on upstairs, know what I mean?" He rambled, repeated himself some, but Cila kind of liked this guy; he seemed genuinely honest and free from deceit. Technically he could be her father too, just about, and the smell of burnt herbs about him put her off. Still, nice kitty.

"The poor thing," Cila churred sadly. "You are good for taking her vith you."

"S'alright, man. Couldn't leave her there with the mannequins. And she makes sure I'm not too buzzed to ride, heh heh." That made both bat and coon roll their eyes.
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." --Groucho Marx

Asyriel
God
United States of America

Post by Asyriel » Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:32 pm

Dima laid her head on Randy's shoulder, and nuzzled into his neck as he leaned on her, and her throat and chest began to rumble with a soft, nearly inaudible purr. She put an arm around him affectionately as they listened to Phil. She was a little curious about the interaction between the two when it came to the subject of the story, and Ginny's subsequent retreat from the area. It wasn't long though before her curiosity was assuaged.

"Wow, I never would have guessed. That has to have been rough on her." Dima commented sympathetically when Phil told them about her diary entry and the conclusion she had come to. "It's probably better for both of you that you found her then." She said with a soft chuckle when Phil mentioned that she kept him from riding under the influence. "Maybe, given time and some gentle encouragement, she'll talk again." She speculated. "Though, given her reaction earlier, I doubt it would be any of us she'd want to talk to." She continued, referring to herself, Randy and Cila.

She thought about asking Phil about his thoughts on Brother Jesse, but remembering the direction that subject had started to take earlier, she changed her mind. Eventually she sighed. "It's been a hell of a day, is it sad that I'm starting to debate going to bed?" She asked the room as a whole. "I mean unless anybody has anything else they want to do." She clarified.

Larcen
Duke

Post by Larcen » Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:50 pm

The fur running down Randy's back began to tingle in unison to Dima's purring. His tail even floofed up a little, to his embarrassment, but he reached over and stroked her cheek with a paw. Yep, this he could get used to. No other women in the world would take her place, if he had anything to say about it. Cila heard the purr, if nobody else did, and smiled at them.

"Yeah, I guesso," Phil chuckled. The leopardess was right. A hippie with a substance problem and a regressed teenager turned out good for each other. He perked up. "Oh I better let her back in. She doesn't like hearing about it; you know teens. They get all emotional about stuff, and who can blame her, right? I'll go get her." He stood up with a sort of Jack Sparrow sway, and meandered to the door. Leaning out, he called, "Hey yo, Ginny! You can come back in, li'l mama!" The sound of shiny, glitter-painted hooves in silver clip-on shoes approaching answered his call.

Cila yawned, and Randy did after her. "I do not blame you a bit, dahling. If it is all the same to you, I vould not mind sharing a room again. You and Randy may have the beds, and I vill find someplace on the ceiling," she offered, but Randy blushed. "Aw, nah, you...oh. right, duh." In truth, he half wanted to sleep with Dima, but half wanted to make sure he didn't get carried away and do something the new Randy wouldn't approve of. Oh who was he kidding? He was in no physical shape to engage in any of THAT kind of behavior anyway. Still, he wasn't going to offer to share a bed unless Dima made the first move. And he wouldn't engage in any hanky-panky even without a bat in the room.

"Yeah man, I guess we'll break off to our own room," Phil concurred. In truth he was feeling a little saddle sore, and Ginny probably too, from riding most of the day. Putting a fatherly paw around the filly's shoulder, he walked her to his bike to grab the "party" supplies, then to the adjacent room. Cila, meanwhile, scanned the ceiling and sighed. Darn paper-and-aluminum drop ceiling. Hmm. She reached up and slipped a claw into the ceiling frame, exploring the structure. Aha! These bars felt strong enough here. She slipped into the bathroom and fetched a pair of bath towels. Wrapping them around the sharp-edged metal beam, she figured it would hold for one night without too much bending, if she didn't fidget. She slipped off her outfit, leaving the pink onesie, then climbed up and wrapped, too tired for teeth brushing and all that bother. Her wings drew up 'til only her ears poked out the bottom, and her nose slipped out through the gap. "Somn ușor, you two, and thank you for helping me keep from falling apart," she churred.

"No worries, Bats," Randy answered with a nod. "Thanks for gettin' me out." This was said mostly in response to her, but he was looking at Dima instead.