Welcome to the World of Feila!

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

New to the forum? Get started by reading general information about Feila and the rules of the forum.

Need help? Send a private message to RabidFox. The staff is always willing to assist users with questions and problems. There's also a thread for how to role-play.

Don't be shy. Feel free to start posting when you're ready. We have a friendly community that is more than happy to welcome you and invite you to role-play. And don't worry about all the informational threads! You only need minimal knowledge to role-play. There's no need to do lots of reading.

Role-players wanting to write role-playing posts under five sentences, see the One Liners board.

Check out our announcement forum, The World Court, for important information about what's going on in our community.

Want to chat with other Feilans? Check out our Discord server!

Kills 99.9% on Contact!

For non-canon Feila and non-Feila role-playing, the Twilight Zone offers a venue to experience all time and all settings. If you'd like to role-play in a time period that has no canon counterpart, or if you'd like to role-play on a world that is not Feila, then this is the place. All races are allowed, including humans.
Larcen
Duke
Species: Coyote

Re: Kills 99.9% on Contact!

Post by Larcen » Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:40 am

Randy's chest warmed a little inside at Dima's doting on him. Only delighted to return the favors, he was. "Coffee? Like, real, live coffee? Heck yeah," he perked up, round little black nose twitching. Jail java from the cafeteria left much to be desired...like, everything to be desired. He broke off, not without a tiny pang of remorse, and opened the back of the truck. "There's donuts in here to go with; Little Chocolate Donuts - The Donuts of Champions," he quoted, and Cila tilted her head, eyes slightly crossed in confusion.

"They are? This is something I have not heard."

"Heh, old TV sketch," Randy chuckled, turning back into the glorious conveyance of empty calories to rummage through. The bat nodded, Ohhh.

"What's your poison, m'dear?" he asked Dima, tail twitching back and forth as his paws just had to touch each and every package and box. Well they HAD to, all right? It's just a thing. Even now, despite protest from his middle, the aptly-named Tastykakes tempted him.

Cila leaned over to Dima's ear and, at kittycat-specific frequencies she hoped Randy couldn't hear, whispered, "You vill have to vatch this vun; it seems he has something of a shveet tooth. Nip this in the bud or you may be going out for runs by yourself mosht of the time." She followed it up with a wink to show no malice. He was kind of endearing in his busyness and little vices.

Might as well check in with the rest of the travelers, Cila figured, and so flitted off to the neighboring hotel room. The back of a claw rapped on door 205 as she pressed an ear against it. "Hallu? Domnul Phil? Domnișoară Jenny? Are you avake?" She had heard snoring and rhythmic breathing through the door, but figured she'd check their alertness. A groan and a horsey snort answered.

"Huuuuh? Whuh maaan?"

"It is Cila, dahling...ahm, ve met yeshterday?"

"Oh yeah...uuungh...you guys go on ahead; we'll catch up. Zzzz..."

"Very vell. Shleep vell, dahlings." She shook her head. Yup, they'd partied hearty last night. A teenager using alcohol didn't bother her much, from her old world traditions. She returned to her first comrades and rolled her eyes with a broad-winged shrug. "They vill be shtaying a bit longer, and told us to leave vithout them."
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." --Groucho Marx

You say 'fundamentalist' like it's a bad thing. X3

Sponsor

Asyriel
God
United States of America

Post by Asyriel » Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:45 pm

Dima chuckled at Randy's excitement over the coffee. "Well, it's not gourmet or anything." She replied. "Some cheap grocery store grounds run through the percolator, but it's not bad, and it get's the job done." She explained with a smile before taking a sip from the cup she held to illustrate her point. She chuckled again at Randy's quote, and Cila's reply as she watched Randy open the back of the truck.

"Chocolate sounds good." She called in reply as Randy rummaged through the truck full of pastries. Her ear flicked a bit and she laughed as Cila whispered into it. "Once he's got some weight back, I'll be sure to get him in shape." She whispered back. "I'm sure I'll be able to come up with some incentive." She continued with a big grin.

"Heh, it's probably a bit early still for those too, well, Phil at least." She replied before Cila headed off.

While Randy dug through the truck, Dima found another cup and filled it with coffee for the coon. She held the cup out in offering, and took whatever sugar filled breakfast pastries he had picked out when he came back from the truck. "Thank you." She told him, and accompanied the sentiment with a small kiss on the muzzle. "I think we should get there today. Is it terrible to admit that I'm pretty nervous about it?" She told Randy before she took another sip from her coffee then opened up her breakfast, and started eating.

She chuckled, swallowed a mouthful of donut, and wiped some crumbs from her chin before replying when Cila returned. "Not terribly surprising." She said with a small chuckle. "Hopefully they'll catch up before too long." She continued before she popped the last of her breakfast into her mouth, then went about cleaning up her coffee making supplies. "Well, shall we get on the road?" She asked, nervous what their destination would bring, but eager to find out at the same time.

Larcen
Duke

Post by Larcen » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:06 am

"Hey, I don't care what they come up with in the modern world," Randy said from the truck, reflecting his having been absent for several years of it, "best java I ever had came from Granny's old percolator from the '50s or so." While in there, he flipped on the radio. It took him half a second to check his instincts; the radio would drain the battery, after all! Of course, that didn't matter as they weren't taking the truck anyway and nobody would cite them for parking violations. What a world to adapt to, huh? At any rate, he returned from the mobile pantry with a stack of assorted cakey rings and danishes. Pouring himself a cup of black heaven, he dunked a coconut-sprinkled donut into the nondescript Battlefield Motel mug and made a coonish churr of delight.

"Figured I'd catch a little of whatever this Jesse hombre you guy's been talkin' about," he remarked and sat on the back of the vehicle.

Cila perched under the motel's awning and couldn't help but snag a bit of coffee cake. Her ears perked up with Randy's when the broadcast returned.

"You know, friend, I'd like to go back a bit, to yesterday's broadcast and elaborate a little. Sorta. At any rate, I'd like to speak on regret and new starts, if you'd indulge me. Now out here in Bonneauville, we got a boy--sorry, young feller--who, if you go by his middle name, 's called 'Vincent.' I been authorized to share his story. I say young, but he's runnin' up near thirty, so that's young 'nuff, and now you can stop glarin' at me, heh heh. He's a little shy, hence I'm the one talkin', as usual. Anyhow, this feller before IT happened, struggled with depression, all the way up to the brink of suicide. Sad fact that some of us have done that too. Maybe you have, friend, but we're not here to judge, only to say there are those who understand. Thing is, he tells me that since then, yes, he mourns the loss of his folks and friends - what few he had - but now, he says he's free. Free from the crushing debts that nearly pushed him over. Also - sorry, son, but it'll be good to say it... ok? May I please? Thank you. As I was saying, this young man was troubled to the point of, well, this is hard to say, folks." Did Brother Jesse's voice just hitch? It almost choked, but came back in a grave, somber tone that made Cila wrap up tight. "Let's just say, the demons that troubled him, had him convinced that when he finally did give in, he woulda... taken others with him. Maybe you've done things you think can't be forgiven. Sure, you might say, 'Brother Jesse, your boy Vincent there, he thought about stuff, but I've DONE it.' Well lemme tell you, friend, the Good Book says, 'You have heard that it was said to those of old, "You shall not murder, and whoever murders will be in danger of the judgment." But I say to you that whoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment.' And it also says, 'whoever looks at a woman to lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart.' This means that Vincent here, nice young coyote that he is - and he's single, ladies! Heh heh, sorry, son, thought I'd throw out a plug for ya there. Anyway, it means that he's just as guilty as anyone else is, even you. But - and as my pastor used to say, 'BUT stands for Behold Underlying Truth' - the truth here, is that no matter what he or I or you have done or done in our hearts, there's a new start here; that's the gift we've been given, and it's never too late to accept that gift. So take heart, friend, and don't despair. You've got friendship waitin' on you here, so won't you come? Now because I've got it stuck in my head, and it's kinda relevant, I suppose, here's my absolute favorite band, Theocracy, playin' 'Laying the Demon to Rest'. Lay yours to rest, friend, and embrace this new life out of the ashes."

Randy had frozen, staring straight ahead, directly through the earth. His blood barely moved. Coffee dripped into the cup off the end of his breakfast. "Da--...*ahem* wow. I... wow. That's...that's heavy. You guys weren't kidding." His beady black eyes glittered with held-back tears.

Cila herself gaped, though gravity kept her from hanging slack-jawed. He'd hit it on the head again, explained what she had just gone through.

Asyriel
God
United States of America

Post by Asyriel » Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:16 pm

Dima chuckled when Randy spoke of his grandmother's percolator. The reminiscence stirred up old feelings, and reminded her that she missed her family and that she had no way of knowing if they were even alive or not since they were still in the Arctic. "Some day's it's just the fact that of having a cup of coffee that matters more than how good it is." She commented quietly in reply.

Randy mentioned listening to Brother Jesse's broadcast, and she nodded. "May as well, not like there's anything better on the radio." She commented with a slight chuckle. One of her ears turned a bit to get a nice clear listen to the radio as Randy turned it on. She made her way over, and leaned on the vehicle next to where Randy sat.

She shuddered a bit, and gave a bit of a helpless head shake as Jesse finished talking, and the song started playing. "It's uncanny...it almost feels like he talking directly to us, and he always seems to hit the mark." She commented quietly before folding her arms across her chest, and rubbing her hands up and down her upper arms a few times. She was getting antsy, and ready to get on the road again. "We ready to get going so we can meet this individual in person?" She asked, standing straight and ready to get moving.

Larcen
Duke

Post by Larcen » Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:09 pm

(200th post, y'all! Also lol anachronistic songs when compared with the other RP; ah well, I fail! x3)

When Dima suggested they all get going, her compatriots snapped out of their stupefaction simultaneously. "Yeah, let's saddle up," Randy agreed, then instinctively shut off and closed up the truck. Realizing what he was doing after he was done, he shrugged to himself and figured it might be for the best. Never know when a van full of goodies might be necessary.

Cila meanwhile, loaded up her soiled clothes from yesterday, making note to wash them. Upon boarding her passengers, Land Yacht Brunhilda shoved off again.

"You know, regarding vhat you said about Brother Jesse... they say that those in tune vith the Duhul Sfânt, vai, vhat is the term again? Ruach HaKodeshahm in the other langvage...ahm, the Saint Shpirit? Whoever is in tune vith Him, they say He leads their thoughts, putting ideas into the mind that might not have normally come," she shrugged as she gripped the wheel. It made sense to her anyway, and seemed to be along the lines of what Brother Jesse himself had said. Feeling 'led to' speak on things.

However, Randy wasn't entirely convinced. He considered it initially, but then a cold tendril of doubt wrapped its way around his heart. "Iunno... I mean, everything went down a month ago, give or take, right?"

"Yes...?"

"And when did he start broadcasting?"

"Jusht a couple of days ago. As soon as the plague shtruck, I kept a radio on, shcanning the dial and keeping fresh batteries in it."

"I think it's all power of suggestion. Think about it. After everybody turns to soup, who wouldn't think about everything they ever done wrong, and what they wished they could take back? And if he just got his studio up and runnin', after a month to prepare, it ain't a huge leap to think that he'd already have sermons put together and ready, savin' up his words so he could get everything off his chest."

"But you have to admit, they are perfectly suited somehow."

"Are they?" Randy queried. "Or are they more like horoscopes? Capricorn: Big changes ahead. Be smart about 'em. See what I mean? Like I said, who doesn't have regrets, and who hasn't had plenty of time to be reminded of them? Just sayin', I don't buy the whole prophet angle. I mean, what kinda preacher listens to heavy metal? Ain't that 'the devil's music?' " he asked with finger quotes.

"He never said he vas a preacher, actually... And my own former pashtor used to lishten to Schnuffel Bunny," Cila returned. Randy tilted his head in confusion, having never heard of Schnuffel Bunny, but it was just as maniacally saccharine as its name suggested.

"He sure comes off as one, with that good ol' boy accent; if he ain't a preacher, he's a salesman. Just sayin', don't drink the Kool-Aid."

"I vill not," the bat replied, ears back.

Randy knew he had stepped on some prehensile toes. "Sorry, I don't mean to bash the guy; I'm just kinda processing here. Something doesn't fit, but that might just be criminal paranoia."

"It is all right," she conceded. He had been thinking hard about it at least, and it might prove beneficial to have a third opinion. Well, they would get to see him up close very soon. A sign passed: "<- Bonneauville 3, Gettysburg 1 ->"

Asyriel
God
United States of America

Post by Asyriel » Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:20 pm

(200, wow, that's quite a bit longer than some of the RPs I've see with twice as many people. I think the music choices fit the overall feel of the RP)

Dima walked with her companions out to where Brunhilda waited. She was still feeling a mixture of discomfort and anticipation over meeting with Brother Jesse, though she wanted to get it over with so at least the anticipation would go away. She couldn't help but shake her head slightly as she listened to Cila and Randy discuss Jesse's possible divine connections.

Unfortunately, Dima's military experience drove her more toward Randy's side of the fence, though she wasn't quite ready to dismiss what Cila said completely. When the two seemed to hit a lull in their conversation, she spoke up. "I'd like to believe that Brother Jesse is working on more than just good showmanship and psychology." She paused a moment. "I'm not saying we shouldn't keep our heads on a swivel, but it wouldn't hurt to go into this with an open mind." She sighed. "He does sound genuine on the radio, and I know that could be chalked up to acting skills. I say we give him an honest chance, keep on our toes, but try not to let our perceptions be colored too much, especially if this is an actual functioning settlement like he claims." She added a bit of a smile, hoping to bring both sides of the discussion closer to the middle.

She watched as the sign passed, and her nervousness seemed to double. She'd been building this up in her mind, and now that they were almost there, she was worried that it was all going to be completely different than she had envisioned, and in all the worst possible ways. Though, when she paused to think about it, she reminded herself that if it wasn't what they hoped, they could always set themselves up somewhere, and at least have the company of each other, which was better than nothing any day.

"Almost there, moment of truth is rapidly approaching." She commented quietly, hoping her nervousness didn't come through in her voice. She watched intently out the windows for both signs of the town, and signs of possible danger as they got closer.

Larcen
Duke

Post by Larcen » Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:21 pm

Cila followed the arrow sign toward their destination. Lo, in three miles, there came a smattering of buildings, a Sunoco/laundromat/magistrate's office (all in the same building!). Then around a bend at the car wash, a bank--no wait, it was a pizzeria in the shape of a bank? Most peculiar, thought Cila. However, as the GPS coordinates wound down to the target number, Brunhilda encountered one of those lighted steel arrow signs, shaped like an arrow and blinking. THIS WAY-> it read. Right after it, another store. WINEBERG'S PRO HARDWARE. Like Dr. Wineberg? Hmm. Maybe his relative. A sign attached to it which used to read "Lebanon Bologna $2.49/lb" now read "Welcome friends turn in here" and Cila took it as a sign, both literally and figuratively.

Randy however, was still skeptical. "Guess this is the place all right; seems like he's expecting folks to come. Nicer reception than the last town."

Cila turned into the parking lot and stopped short at what she saw. Cars, about a dozen or more, filled the lot, each a classic to rival Brunhilda herself; even a blue and white Gremlin in the center. What a crowd! But wait, hold up. Why didn't she see anyone? Nobody milled about. The world was all but quiet. Cila crept through the lot, found an empty space, and parked. What ho, an old '50s flatbed truck sat next to an array of solar panels--huge ones, like the kind to power several buildings. The wiring made Randy cringe. "Yeesh. I guess those suckers work, but it's definitely amateur handyman hour here on the range. Aaaand there's your radio tower, also jury-rigged. But hey, it's real all right. Let's go meet the natives."

As the trio disembarked, Cila kept her ears perked for the faintest sound of life. She tuned in and caught the sounds of someone shuffling through the freshly-mowed grass, and headed that direction. Here was another face at last!

A thin, pale coyote padded toward the trio, looking somewhat nervous. But when he saw them, his tail began to wag. "Hi! Wow, someone came! Oh this is great! Hello, all of you!" he shouted, voice hitching with emotion, and trotted up to them.

"Ahh, you musht be the vun who goes by 'Vincent,' yes? Please, vhere is Brother Jesse? Ve simply musht meet him!" Cila squeaked with glee. Vincent, however, froze. His eyes took on a glazed look and he looked down at his feet.

"Vincent? Vhat is the matter?"
"You all right, pal?"
"Vhere is he? Brother Jesse?"

The coyote sighed and ran a paw through his long headfur. "He's right here." He took a deep breath, looked up at the trio, and his face changed, looking instantly warmer, calmer. When he spoke, his voice sounded hauntingly familiar, a perfect impression. "Well howdy, friends...I am ever so pleased to finally meet you. Now won'tcha come in and we can have us that sun tea?"

Cila's blood ran cold. "But... but Brother Jesse? Doctor Vineberg?"

"Hey, what is this?" Randy demanded. "What're you, bipolar or something?" He had meant Multiple Personality Disorder of course, but Randy never was much for psychology.

The canid held up a paw for pause while he reached for his chain wallet. From it, he produced and held up for all to see a driver's license. "Jesse Vincent Wineberg. DOB November 21, 1987. Species: Coyote. Eyes: Blu. Fur: White/Light Yellow"

"You are a fraud!" Cila screeched. All this journey, all for what? An actor?

"I suppose so, I guess," he answered with a hint of despair.

"You lying sack of--" the coon snarled.

"VHY IS EVERY COYOTE I HAVE EVER MET A DISHONESHT, LYING, CHEATING...?!"

"What did I lie about? Huh?! The only thing I did dishonest was saying 'we' instead of 'I'. Any kindergarten teacher does the same thing. I figured if society had a chance at rebuilding, we might as well start here, in a small town surrounded by farmland. So I read some books on electricity and broadcasting, took a page from Billy Graham and Zig Ziglar, put on a warm drawl for an accent, and tried to bring people in. That's all I've been 'dishonest' about, ok?! There's the road if you want it; I just wanted to bring people together." With that, Jesse let his legs give out, and he landed in a sitting position, paws over his face, body shaking.

Cila didn't know what to do. She pitied this soul somehow. Randy had stormed off a few paces, lest he kick the snot out of this pretender. Both looked or at least tuned their ears toward Dima, wondering what she would do about him. She was the strongest; maybe she ought to be the leader.
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." --Groucho Marx

Asyriel
God
United States of America

Post by Asyriel » Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:10 am

Dima sat quietly in her seat as the trio continued into Bonneveau this was it, the culmination of their last few days travel. She was a nervous mix of anticipation and dread. Was it really everything Jesse had said, or was it going to be a giant disappointment, or worse, a sinister lure? She was surprised by the collection of classic cars in the parking lot. She looked over at the solar panels when Randy mentioned them. Well it seemed that at least the claims of having electricity were mostly true. She wasn't sure how much she trusted the wiring job, but it seemed to be working for the time being.

She exited the car with the others, looking all around, still jumping back and forth between hopeful, and watching for an ambush. A coyote came trotting up, and Cila deduced that it was Vincent. The conversation that followed struck her speechless. All the hope she had been carrying was almost instantly crushed by disappointment. There weren't any other survivors, it was only Jesse and his radio station. She stayed still and silent while her companions continued their exchange with the coyote. She had been trying to prepare herself for this disappointment, but it was still hard to work through. Something momentarily snapped within her, and all she could do was release a helpless laugh. Probably not the reaction her companions were expecting

Dima did eventually work through her initial disappointment. As she watched Jesse sink to the ground, and was he crying? She started thinking about the last few days, and she shook her head to herself before she finally spoke. "Don't be too hard on him guys." She said with some sympathy in her voice. "Yeah, it's not quite what he promised, but think about it." She paused for a moment. "Without his broadcast, we likely would never have met. I'd still be hiding out, jumping from place to place. Cila, you'd still be holed up alone in your penthouse, and Randy dear, you'd still be stuck in that godawful place waiting for the inevitable." She placed her hand affectionately on Cilas shoulder as she spoke before moving over to where Randy stood. "Looking back on it, I'm thankful for his broadcast, despite the difficulties along the way, and the less than ideal results." As she finished, she wrapped her arms around Randy, and gave him a kiss, then looked at Cila with a smile. "Besides..." She said as she took a look around. "I could think of worse places to settle down, and try to rebuild some semblance of civilization. What do you say?" She asked her companions, some of her hope returning.

Larcen
Duke

Post by Larcen » Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:00 am

When Dima laughed, none of the other furs knew how to handle it. Jesse kept his head down. Cila tilted hers, confused. Randy looked over his shoulder. What was she laughing at? Loser coyote boy there? Their whole situation? Fortunately she changed the subject. Cila gave her speckled friend an appreciative little churr at the paw on her shoulder. She was learning that touch indeed could be very nice, if it was from a friend.

Randy, figuring he owed more to Jesse than anyone else present did, was the first to address him. "Hey, she's right; if you hadn't sent them on this fool's quest, I'd be a pile of bones in the state pen. Thanks," he admitted, offering a paw down and hoping Jesse didn't need it to stand up, 'cuz that would end up with both of them on the ground.

The coyote lowered his paws and shook off. He hadn't been crying at least, but it sure looked as if he'd considered it. Ice-blue eyes glittered behind a pair of browline glasses. He looked up at the black paw reaching for him. "Really? I... geez. Glad I could help with something." He took Randy's paw but mercifully did all the standing on his own.

If Cila were honest with herself...he was kind of cute. His fur was lighter than hers in places, but long, dark-gold hair, that slim physique with just a hint of a belly, that fluffy tail, the look of intelligence in his eyes, and clearly a sensitive personality, heck. He also appeared to be trying hard to not look at her obvious traits. "Yes, dahling. Ve are thankfool for you bringing us here. It is a lovely area, really."

"Heh, thanks! I...hey! If you guys want, my pappy's old place here is where I'm staying. Swimming pool, pool table, two wet bars, eight bedrooms, five baths, huge kitchen...we could all stay there for now if you... if you don't mind!" he blurted eagerly, tail twitching again as he jerked a paw behind himself. There loomed a stately house, about the size of a McMansion but built long before the term was coined; a beauty in mid-century style.

"Wow, heckuva big place, huh?"

"Yeah...uh... Grandma and Pappy were very Catholic. I'm not, heh. Eight kids back then. Paid cash for the whole place, somehow." He caught himself starting to ramble, then remembered his hospitality. "Guys, please, come in? It's been so long since I've seen anybody here, and I've got the place all cleaned up and the power running and everything." Jesse gestured with his paws, motioning for them to please, go ahead. Cila noted that he was cute, but kind of a spazz. Maybe he'd mellow out a little after some contact with other furs.

Jesse led on, through the garage and into the house, which had been preserved a time capsule from 1976. Heck it almost felt homey to Cila, though a decade off. The first room was the kitchen, with an enormous wrap-around table encircling a built-in lazy susan and integrated stovetop and mini-sink. "Oh, heck, I never caught you guys' names!"

"Cila Decolare, dahling," the bat replied, offering a claw, which he took with his heart pounding in her ears. Egad, he actually kissed it! Now it was her turn to blush. Dima, help! It might be time to talk boys soon.

"And uh, Randy Lotorsky. Thanks again for indirectly springing me, and bringing me the love of my life," he said with a wink to Dima and a paw 'round back of her.

"Right on," Jesse nodded deferentially, finally letting go of Cila's claw. Opening the fridge, he produced an ornate glass pitcher and poured four expensive wine glasses full of sweet tea. Seems he'd done his share of picking through the finer things in the area.

"Good thing lemons keep good, huh? Anybody want some?"

Cila's face lit up. "Yes, I vill have vun, please."

One of Jesse's ears cocked back. Did she mean...a wedge of lemon or a whole one? He offered a whole fruit and a paring knife, but Cila took only the former. Her claw slit the yellow ovoid open and she daintily began to suck the sour juices from it, to the amazement of the males.

Jesse shook off again. "And uh, you?" he asked Dima. ?Sorry, I missed your name too; guess I'm just excited to have you guys here."

Asyriel
God
United States of America

Post by Asyriel » Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:20 am

Dima smiled, thankful when her companions were swayed from their anger at Jesse. Yeah, he'd built up a lot more expectation than he'd delivered on, but the situation could have been a lot worse. She for one was probably the happiest she'd been since the virus hit, despite the disappointment of finding not quite everything that was promised.

She'd walked with Randy as he approached the coyote, and prepared to support him if Jesse did try to use Randy's outstretched paw to drag himself to his feet. She smiled as Jesse got to his feet. "Gotta say, I am grateful for your broadcast, and ol' Brother Jesse's words of wisdom." She offered with very soft chuckle. She looked over at Cila for a moment, wondering if she was going to add anything to the conversation, and caught the way the bat was looking at Jesse. She grinned, and resolved that she was going to have a talk with the bat later. After all, without the bat's encouragement, she probably wouldn't have opened up to Randy as easily as she had, and she would be a terrible friend if she didn't return the favor when she had the chance.

"Ha Ha, sounds like a wonderful idea to me." She replied as Jesse suggested they stay in the mansion he had pointed out, and why not there was only the four of them for the time being, and the house looked like it had plenty of space. She gave an appreciative whistle as they entered the house. "Nice place." She commented.

She chuckled as the subject of proper introductions was brought up. Cila was first, and offer a claw that was promptly kissed. Dima couldn't help but grin at Cila's reaction. They were definitely going to have to have a talk later.

Randy was next, and now it was Dima's turn to blush. "Aw, aren't you just full of the sweetest things to say today." She said affectionately. "Must have been all those donuts." She teased before giving him a kiss. She leaned into him, with a purr as he put his arm around her. yup, she thought to herself. Definitely glad we rescued him, and I'm keeping him. She thought to herself.

She licked her lips a bit as she watched Jesse pour cold sweet tea into glasses, thirsty for a cold drink. She couldn't help but chuckle at the reaction from the males when Cila bit into the flesh of the lemon to extract the juice.

"Oh yeah, sorry." She replied when Jesse asked her name. "Dima Tarasov." She told him with a smile. "Pleased to finally meet you." Her eyes lit up as something else came to mind. "Oh, there are a couple more coming that may show up today or tomorrow. We met them yesterday, but they got a little bit of a later start today than we did."

Larcen
Duke

Post by Larcen » Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:27 pm

"Pleased to meet you, Dima," Jesse bowed slightly. He smiled faintly at how he'd found a match for two furs, and apparently good friends for more. "More coming? That's great!" he yipped.

Randy sipped from his own glass, then snorted and scrunched up his face. He peered down into the glass, as if he would be able to see the problem. "You got any Sweet 'n Low or somethin'? I didn't realize it was unsweetened."

"Oh! Yeah sorry, I didn't know how sweet everyone wanted theirs, so try this," he clarified, snatching up a bottle of amber fluid to hand out. "Agave nectar. Better for you than sugar or artificial stuff, stirs better than honey, and doesn't have the aftertaste of stevia." Randy sniffed at it, then squirted a shot into his glass. That made it better, whew. Cila accepted it from him with a knowing smirk. Ah, another product you could thank bats for, even if they were those short, silly little flower children. After using it herself, she handed off to Dima. Seemed them flower children knew what was good after all. A few deliciously refreshing quaffs and a tasty lemon later, she pushed back from the bar-like table.

"Dima, dahling, I think I need to use the reshtroom," Cila hinted in woman code as she stood up. "Jesse, may I?"

"Oh, 'course! Nearest one's just thataway, first door to your left. Go through past the washing machines, then fiddle with the light switches 'til you find the right one. Or, I guess the less cramped one would be to keep going instead, through the door at the back of the living room, then make a right in the hallway and it's on the left. Big bathroom, blue everything. Need a guide, heh?"

Cila tittered a little. "Nu, I think I can find it vith your directions; thank you. Dima, do you have to go too?" she reiterated, standing up and drifting between the chairs and the kitchen counters in the direction gestured, toward the larger bathroom. Gee whiz, it was big. She could almost stretch out her wings in here, and was that a heat lamp just outside the bathtub? Skree, this was swank. Yup, she'd stay here no problem. And from what she glimpsed of the second floor, she might even have a half decent launchpad. She checked to see if Dima had gotten the message. Girl things had to be talked about, and now!

Asyriel
God
United States of America

Post by Asyriel » Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:36 pm

Dima nodded as the coyote asked to confirm that there were others on their way. "They said they were coming here at least." She replied. She took a sip from her own glass of tea, and while she was surprised it wasn't already sweetened, it didn't stop her from drinking it. Of course she didn't turn down the sweetener either when it eventually made it's way to her.

Dima nodded as Cila mentioned using the restroom. "Yeah, gotta empty the bladder after that car ride." She commented before getting up from her own seat, and stretching. "Stay out of trouble." She called back over her shoulder as she sauntered out of the room, swaying her hips in a bit of a show for Randy as she went.

She put an arm around Cila's shoulder as she caught up to the bat. "That usually works better in a public place." She gently teased as she walked with the bat to the bathroom. "Sooo...?" She prompted with a wide grin, eager to find out what Cila wanted to discuss. If her looks earlier were any indication, the subject was going to be their host.

Larcen
Duke

Post by Larcen » Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:05 pm

Once the girls were out of sight, Randy shook his head and whispered, "Women. How do they synchronize like that?"
Jesse shrugged. "Power of suggestion? Either that or private conference."

Cila had to resist the instinct to flap her wings in excitement. "I know it vorks better at the reshtaurant, but I figured the males vould shtill believe it. Anyvaaaaay, Jesse. I have ashked this before so often in the pasht couple of days, buuuut...?" She grinned wide and canted her head toward Dima. Did she really have to ask? Before the leopardess could, the bat rambled on. "I think he is cute. Vhich is shtrange because honeshty is a vary large thing in my culture, but... he vasn't lying completely, only being a little dishonesht, and not for a bad reason. I do not know, he seems nice. Sensitive. Cute. I said this already. Vai, I am a deshperate voman after all, yes?" she lamented, placing a wing against her forehead like a femme fatale, which ended up covering most of her from the knees up. Pulling it down, she took a couple of deep breaths and fanned herself as lightly as she could. Yes, she was merely frantic from being alone, that was it. Of course Randy had been taken with Dima at first sight, so that's why she had never felt any chemistry toward him. Decrease altitude, girl friend; you're flying too high and the air got thin on you. Welcome, Dima, to the spazzy side of Cila. Flighty creatures, these chiropterans.

Asyriel
God
United States of America

Post by Asyriel » Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:03 am

Dima couldn't help but laugh as Cila spazzed out a bit at the thought of potential romantic companionship. She put her hands on her friend's shoulders. "Breathe dear." She said playfully before she replied to everything the bat had just rattled off. "I think he's a total sweetheart, and he really had the best of intentions at heart. He was probably just as lonely as the rest of us, but he was actively working toward solving that, gotta give him credit for initiative." She said with a wink. "Just don't let him know you're desperate. Interested, yes. Desperate, no. Also dear, if it looks like it's gonna get serious, you gotta be up front with him about, well, you know, the big things you're tempted to keep secret." She said, not really wanting to bring up the sensitive subject, but feeling she should offer the one big thing she had learned from all her previous failures in dating. "Trust me dear, it's better to get the big things out in the open before it really get's serious than to have it come out later." She offered a soft smile. "Now, I'm not saying go into the other room, and tell him everything now, but if it starts looking like a serious relationship." She finished with a shrug, and a slightly depreciating cuckle. "look at me, relationship failure at large trying to offer advice." She sighed, and shook her head, reminding herself that hopefully that was all over. "Just be yourself, and I think you'll be alright. I'm here for you." She smiled at her friend. "And now, I actually do have to go." She said as she headed for the toilet, letting Cila decide if she wanted to wait, or head back to the other room.

Larcen
Duke

Post by Larcen » Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:42 pm

The paws on her shoulders and the command to breathe settled Cila down a little, but she grinned wide enough that you might think the top of her head would pop off if she hopped up and down. Still, what did Dima mean by big things? She looked down. Yup, they weren't hidden at all, not anymore, not with a friend at her side. OH, those other big things... the ones buried deep down. A chill shivered through her wings.

"Yes, I undershtand. I vill tell him vhen ve get a private moment. And fah, dahling, you caught a man for your side before I did. Helped that he vas locked in a cage until you let him out, but let us not fool ourselves," she said with a wink.

Oh right, bathrooms! Cila gave half a squeak and slipped out the door, letting Dima use it since she had mentioned it first. She came back out the hallway and through the living room to the side bathroom. Vai, should have shooed Dima out and used the bigger lavatory herself. This one was just barely a bathroom. Corner sink, toilet tucked beside the shower stall in what was almost an alcove. She folded herself together and did what she had to, then came out feeling refreshed, though her heart fluttered at what she was going to say. She waited for Dima to catch up with her, needing a little emotional support to avoid chickening out.

Back out in the kitchen, 'coon looked at coyote and vice-versa. "Yup, conference call. Don't look now, but we might be in trouble somehow."

That might not be such a bad thing, Jesse wondered.