Welcome to the World of Feila!

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

New to the forum? Get started by reading general information about Feila and the rules of the forum.

Need help? Send a private message to RabidFox. The staff is always willing to assist users with questions and problems. There's also a thread for how to role-play.

Don't be shy. Feel free to start posting when you're ready. We have a friendly community that is more than happy to welcome you and invite you to role-play. And don't worry about all the informational threads! You only need minimal knowledge to role-play. There's no need to do lots of reading.

Role-players wanting to write role-playing posts under five sentences, see the One Liners board.

Check out our announcement forum, The World Court, for important information about what's going on in our community.

Want to chat with other Feilans? Check out our Discord server!

Kills 99.9% on Contact!

For non-canon Feila and non-Feila role-playing, the Twilight Zone offers a venue to experience all time and all settings. If you'd like to role-play in a time period that has no canon counterpart, or if you'd like to role-play on a world that is not Feila, then this is the place. All races are allowed, including humans.
Asyriel
God
United States of America

Re: Kills 99.9% on Contact!

Post by Asyriel » Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:58 pm

Dima gave Cila a gentle squeeze of support as the shudder ran through the bat. "Like I said dear, it's not something you gotta do right away, but if it looks like it's gonna get serious, best that you both know what you're getting into before it gets too far." She gave her friend a supportive smile, then laughed when Cila mentioned finding Randy. "Maybe that was they key I was missing all along. Lock em up and toss the key for a while, make em more appreciative." She joked.

She used the facilities, running through the last few days in her mind as she did, so much had happened it was kinda hard to believe it had only been a few days. She finished up, and never thought she would be so happy to flush a toilet. It was amazing how much she had taken modern conveniences for granted until they all stopped working. She came out of the bathroom expecting to find CIla, but it seemed the bat had wandered off to find the other bathroom. She shrugged to herself and headed in that direction, meeting Cila on the way back toward the kitchen.

She chuckled as the obvious was stated by Randy. She glanced at Cila with a supportive smile and a wink before she approached Randy. She gave the coon a kiss before lowering her voice and saying to him quietly. "Oh, you will be, but I think you still have a few days reprieve." She told him as she gently poked at his still very prominent ribs in a teasing emphasis on the fact that he was still pretty far from filled back out. "Of course I think it's trouble you'll enjoy." She said into his ear, her voice barely above a whisper. She leaned lightly against Randy and turned to look toward Jesse and Cila, wanting to see how things were going to go.

Sponsor

Larcen
Duke
Species: Coyote

Post by Larcen » Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:04 pm

Cila was grateful for her friend's support through all this crazy time, and especially now. She could handle this; a mere round of flirting, compared with meeting corpses, knife-wielding maniacs, and prison breaks was nothing.

Randy, however, nearly went floof at Dima's teasing. "Yeah, uh, call us crazy, Jesse, but I think we're a permanent item, my gal Dima and me. Talk about your instant Stockholm Syndrome, huh?" he winked. Yup, he was ready for trouble.

"Yes, I can see it now," Cila quipped as a pressure release, "Dima sitting on the soft grass, you reshting your head on her lap vhile she shtuffs you vith goodies 'til you're filled out again, yes?" That one made him grin like an opossum selling used cars.

"Yeah, you just keep calm and flutter on; I don't need anybody hoverin' over us, huh?" he shot back with a counter-tease.

"Yes, yes, I vill be busy vith other tashks," she hinted, crouching next to Jesse. "So...ahm, I believe Brother Jesse said you vere single?" Her long eyelashes blinked at the dumbstruck coyote, who didn't know what to think. Sly bat had tugged her neckline down a bit, showing a couple more inches of cleavage. Jesse's eyes were pinned in the upright position, but she could hear his heart pounding.

"Um, uh, yeah actually. I...um," he gulped, mouth suddenly dry. Truth be told, he'd been smitten with her at first sight, but he'd figured a girl of her looks had heard every line before and shot them all down. "You...uh, find everything ok in the house? You can have any room you want..." was that romantic? Generosity was a turn on, right?

Rrrrriiiight... he'd taken a shot, but missed the entire firing range. Cila had to forcibly keep her ears from drooping and giving away her disappointment. Clearly this one was awkward and lacked confidence. Making things worse, she in her traditional, sheltered upbringing considered it a faux pas to make the first real move. She could lead him into it, but couldn't just flap into his arms and request a date. Of course, when he was the only sane, eligible bachelor in Feila as far as you knew, was dating really necessary?

Even Randy had to fight the facepaw urge. "Dima, why don't we go find a nice room to claim? You guys ok with us ducking out? We can find our way around." Maybe that would make things easier. Leave the awkward couple alone together.

They two blushed, but shook their heads. "No, uh, I'm fine. Upstairs are a few good ones, though Cila, you might like the one up there that opens to a balcony. Or back the hall where the bathroom was, there's a few bedrooms. Just leave the one with the dolls, please. That was Grandma's, and I kinda wanna keep it as it was for as long as I can, thanks."

"Sure thing. Ready, baby?" Randy asked Dima as he pushed himself up from his chair.
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." --Groucho Marx

You say 'fundamentalist' like it's a bad thing. X3

Asyriel
God
United States of America

Post by Asyriel » Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:58 am

Dima grinned at Randy's reaction to her teasing, and nodded enthusiastically in agreement when he mentioned them being a permanent item. She chuckled at the image that Cila's comment brought to mind. It was something she could easily see happening. "Add a couple fishing poles and a lake to that, and I'd never want to leave." She commented, leaning her head against Randy's shoulder with a small contented sigh at the thought.

She perked up a bit as Cila crouched down next to Jesse. She was watching with more than a passing interest in the pair's exchange. She watched the bat with a grin, glad that she had worked through her nervousness. Sadly the same couldn't be said for Jesse. Dima rolled her eyes, and nearly coughed at his response. There was no way he could have missed Cila's signals, she was being more forward than Dima had expected her do be. She was so very tempted grab Jesse, and attempt to shake some sense into him, but thankfully had enough self control that she didn't go that far. The worst part of it was the disappointment that she could easily read in the bat.

Dima had been scheming in her head when Randy spoke up. "Huh? Oh, yeah, may as well." She replied. She got to her feet, and fought to suppress a shudder when a doll room was mentioned. "Uh-huh" She replied with a nod when Randy asked if she was ready to go searching for a room. She took hold of his hand, and let him lead the way.

Once they were out of well, Jesse's earshot at least, She spoke quietly to Randy. "Am I the only one that finds those realistic looking dolls that a lot of collectors have to be more creepy than anything else?" She asked before bringing up the pair that they had left behind in the kitchen. "Oh man that was a painful exchange to watch back there. It's easy to tell they're attracted to each other." She sighed. "May have to have a chat with each of them to get things jumpstarted." She mused. "For now though, lets see which of these rooms has the sturdiest bed." She quipped with a wide grin, watching to see how Randy would react.

Larcen
Duke

Post by Larcen » Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:37 pm

Thing about Cila was, though she was fairly fleder-mousey in general as a result of past kithood trauma, when romance took over, like most furs, she became something of a different animal. Those who knew, and outside chiroptera those were few, knew that while canids had a scandalous reputation for being easy, bats could be downright kinky. This nature accounted for her change in demeanor, while civilization, ever the enemy of nature, told her to be coy, yet seductive. Thing was, Cila was kind of awkward at it due to reasons mentioned above. In other words, she had talent, but no experience. And Jesse...well, he was obviously a tangle of nerdiness, good-boy upbringing clashing against canis latrans' manipulative nature, and heck probably a hint of high-functioning autism. In other words, an awkward hot mess.

But now back to our power couple. Randy was all too happy to go scouting and give the weirdos a chance to figure things out for themselves. The answer to Dima's question about china dolls came in the form of an exaggerated shudder and a sort of "excalibur face" expression. Eww no thanks. He'd never set foot in that room except if Halloween proved dull. And if Dima held his paw. Maybe. Yee-eesh.

That fishing image had come to mind again, with her mentioning of rods and a lake. Maybe he'd take her out this evening. Dusk was one of the best fishing times, and with any luck, that hardware store might have some basics. Hafta find a real sports outfitter for serious fishing, but hey, the world had nothing but time nowadays. Anyway room first. Figuring the house's architecture suggested more options downstairs than up, he wandered across the living room to the back, just to see what they could find on the ground floor first, then work their way up. "Yeah, one of these days I'm gonna have to have a long talk with that boy," Randy quoted from The Beverly Hillbillies, showing that apparently he used to watch a lot of television in a past life. This new life would be marked by adventure, now that he had a second chance. Randy grinned at her subject change. "If they ain't got nothing in a double bed here, we might hafta look for a Mattress Warehouse sometime, pick us up a nice king size for plenty of elbow room," he replied, the top edge of his mask wiggling up and down suggestively. Though once he was sure they were behind closed doors, Randy looked nervous. Emotions were roiling inside him, and he couldn't help it. The first bedroom they came to--seriously? PURPLE carpet?!-- he sat on the edge of the frilly-topped bed and held Dima's big fluffy freckled paws tight, his beady eyes glimmering with grateful tears.

"Okay call me nuts, Dima, but I wanna say it now, even though I ain't all that great with fancy poetry stuff. And I don't got a ring yet, but you can pick out anything in Edwin and I'll get it for you. You and I both know we're hot for each other. It's just... back in that cell, a real scumbag died in there from the virus. Now a lotta preachers came by in the prison ministry, and I didn't give a rip what any of them hadta say. But when I was sitting in the hole for weeks, wondering if this is it, them preachers' words came back. I... I wanna do things the right way from now on, and that means, well, I wanna make our relationship honest, you feel me? Like, that scumbag I mentioned earlier wouldn'a thought twice about going all the way with you right now, but that...Iunno, the rules don't matter anymore, but now I feel like it wouldn't be right. So... Iunno if Jesse can perform the rites for us, or if we just have to say it, but I wanna do right by you. We can share a bed 'til then, for sure--I mean I gotta compromise somewhere, right? Heh, but *ahem* what I mean is, no in-an'-out, ok? I want Whoever might be up there to know we're playing by the rules, that I'm a changed 'coon, and I wanna be the best I can be to you. Because you're the best I've ever seen! Is...is that ok?" he asked, voice hitching from time to time, but his heart making sure he forced it all out. If it came to it, he'd hit that gaudy purple carpet with one knee and dig out something from the nearest jewelry box. Old lady's house hadta have something.
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." --Groucho Marx

Asyriel
God
United States of America

Post by Asyriel » Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:47 am

Dima chuckled when Randy mentioned 'having a long talk with that boy'. "I tried to give Cila some advice, no idea how well it sank in, then again I may not be the best one to be handing out relationship advice in the first place." She chuckled again. She grinned and nodded in agreement when he suggested ensuring that the bed would also be big enough.

She was a little nervous at the change in Randy's demeanor when they found their way into a bedroom with purple carpet of all things. "I hope you're not planning on picking this room for us." She joked in a slightly lame attempt to ease some of the building tension. It seemed Randy had something heavy he wanted to discuss, and not knowing what it was scared her, she could only hope he wasn't having second thoughts, and had only been playing the happy couple part for the sake of the others.

When she realized what was on his mind, her relief was probably quite obvious. Her expression did light up though with a gentle smile full of affection. She listened to all that he had to say, and his reasonings. While it would be a lie to say she wasn't a little disappointed at postponing certain physical activities, she had to remind herself that it wasn't like he was going to be in proper condition for that kind of activity right away anyway. Her first response was a loving kiss before she spoke. "Sweetie, you've seen my at my worst. You've seen the cold hearted monster that can roll out of a car, and shoot two men dead without giving it a second thought at the time. Not only that, you understand the pain that comes after the ice thaws, and everything sinks in." She snuffled a bit, and wiped a paw across her face. "You know all that and you still want to be with me. You've got me, and I don't plan on going anywhere without you." She sat down on the bed next to him, still holding one of his hands in her own. She leaned lightly against him. "I'm fine with it if that's what you want." In her mind, if they both wanted to make the commitment to each other, well that's all they needed. She could understand, and respected Randy's desires though. She leaned into him a little more, and nuzzled gently against his neck just below his jaw. "Just don't make me wait too long please." She finished, releasing a contend sigh mixed with a small purr as she enjoyed the contact.

The pair had already danced around the subject without coming out and directly saying it, and now Dima felt it was time to take the plunge. "I love you." She said softly, but unmistakably, even if she was mostly speaking into his neck.

Larcen
Duke

Post by Larcen » Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:32 pm

Relief and happy tears washed over Randy's face. Fearless, resourceful, and understanding...could he have found a better woman? He stroked the back of Dima's neck. "I love you too, Dima," he murred contentedly, "I love you too." He was going to do it right by her, everything strictly by the book, in front of whatever God and furs. The next thing, he didn't want to do, but needed to. Embracing a purring love of his life was intoxicating, but he couldn't hold it back any further. "What say we go find a better room for this, huh? The frilly purple madness is gonna gimme hives." Randy rose to his feet again, never letting her go, but leading out the door into the hall.

The next room was even worse. Yellow-and-green puke carpeting, but it had been clearly it had been converted into a playroom for the grandkits, before they grew up. One look at the cute little blue and red and yellow block toys, the caterpillar-shaped rocking horse, and the half a set of tinkertoys... Randy had to look away; it hurt too much to think about, the toys that might never be played with again, so he had to press on. Turn, and that was the blue bathroom. Hall closet next; gee whiz, a walk-in even. Next another bedr--he froze and slammed the door. "NOPE!" he yelped, then shook his head. "Dolls." Okay, one more room. Little bit blah in the color department, but it wasn't quite so gaudy. Blonde enameled wood and stuff, a dresser with a rosary hanging from the mirror.

"This ain't so bad..." Randy commented, "though we're gonna have to get a bit bigger bed. It's a double at least, but eh, it'll be close and cozy, right? And uh, better talk to Jesse about the paraphernalia. Don't wanna go throwing out nothin' sacred after all. Man, it feels weird, but at least the guy who slept here left home before... it happened. We won't be sleeping in a room where Jesse's...uncle I guess died." He couldn't help himself but to hug Dima close again, wishing he was taller than her, or at least even. "And uh, Dima? I don't think I ever got your last name. Maybe I forgot in all the craziness, heh."

Asyriel
God
United States of America

Post by Asyriel » Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:15 am

It's hard to say how long Dima would have been content to sit there on that bed, purring into Randy's embrace. He did eventually bring up a good point though. They did not want to claim 'purple room' as their own. She paused, and looked at him before looking around the room briefly. "Yeah, the purple is a little 'way too much'. She agreed before she stood with him, and let him lead the way out of the room.

The next room they came to was worse in color choices, at least aesthetically. Of course with the realization that it was a children's play room, the choice in carpet colors made a weird kind of sense. Why put good carpet in a room where the kids are likely to muck it up anyway, at least if they spilled food or paints on this carpet, you'd be hard pressed to really notice it. Where looking in on the playroom was painful for Randy, it brought her a strange kind of hope, there was the chance that maybe there would be kids to play in this room in the future. If they were immune to the virus, it was likely that their immunity would be passed to any offspring they might have. She was brought out of her thoughts when Randy tugged her toward the next room. She chuckled as he opened the door and shut it again almost immediately. She shuddered as he mentioned that it was the doll room, and was happy to pass by without looking inside.

They got to the last room, and she didn't mind the blah colors, at least they weren't blegh colors. She nodded as Randy commented that it wasn't so bad. "Nice enough, and definitely better than nothing." She replied as she stepped into the room with him. "Yeah, I don't mind cozy, but it's nice to have the option to spread out a bit too." She replied to his comments on the size of the bed. She nodded her agreement that they should check with Jesse before they got rid of anything in the room, and her relief that the room had been unoccupied when the virus struck. She leaned into Randy's embrace as he pulled her closer again. She had started purring again when Randy mentioned her last name. She paused for a moment, trying to remember if she'd given it or not. She quickly gave up on trying to remember and decided that it made little difference anyway. "Oh, It's Tarasov." She replied. "I don't really remember if I gave it, so you get an automatic forgiveness if you did forget it." She said with a bit of a laugh.

She found herself wondering idly what the future was going to hold for them at this point. They'd found each other and a new place they could call home. There would be work to do of course, if they wanted to rebuild some semblance of society here, but everything seemed so open ended, they could do just about anything.

Larcen
Duke

Post by Larcen » Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:45 pm

"Tarasov...Dima Tarasov," Randy repeated as if he was memorizing the password to heaven itself, "Pretty name for a pretty dame?" he said with a wink.

Sidling up to her, he put an arm around her solid, muscular back. "Hang on, I'll ring the management." Randy turned his head toward the door and in a projecting voice, shouted, "HEY YO JESSE! GOT A MINUTE?!" He then snickered to himself as he heard paw pads and rustling leathery wings whiffling through the hall to their location.

"Everything all right?" the coyote asked, practically sliding into the room like Kramer from that old sitcom.

"Yeah everything's A-OK...mind if we set up home base here, Dima and me?"

"Ah, this was Uncle Mike's old room, near as I can guess," he observed. "Yeah by all means go ahead. Mike was a loser. Baby of the family, never did anything with himself. He was always kind of a--why am I telling you all this? Sure, room's officially reserved," Jesse nodded.

"Uh, one more thing. The rosary and all that? I don't wanna risk damnation or nothin', or insult the deceased, so what about all his stuff?"

"Oh, right. I'm not into that stuff either, but heck, I'll just leave it in the old Catholic church down the street, just in case someone needs it. Just round it up, there's bags in the kitchen, and we'll make sure it's treated respectfully."

"Roger that," Randy affirmed, then saw green eyes peeking out from behind their host. "Hey, Bats! How's things going?"

Jesse stepped aside after feeling a gentle nudge from Cila's claws. "Oh, things are going vell. It turns out ve see eye to eye on several things, faith being vun of them," Cila said with a subtle wink, and Jesse laughed nervously.

Randy figured he ought to rescue the awkward boy. "Hey also, uh, we was wonderin'. Call it crazy early, but Dima and I... well, we were wondering if you wouldn't mind, since you're the closest we got to a chaplain, hitching us up?"

The coyote looked like a train was coming for him at the end of a tunnel he'd just painted on a rock wall. "UHHHH...I...uh, guesso? W-when where you thinking?"

"Five minutes good?"
"WHAAAA?!"
A thin black paw slapped Jesse's quivering shoulder. "Naw, just messin' with you, man. I know it's short notice. How 'bout tomorrow, after we get all settled in? Doesn't need to be nothin' fancy, or even super official, just between us and you-know-Who," Randy clarified, pointing upward. "Anyway we packed light, so that won't take long. Incidentally, is there a sporting goods store 'round here? The lady and I were thinking about a little fishing this evening.

"Yeah, oh, sure, Dad's hardware store has some basic gear, poles, lures, and stuff, but if you want, we can hit the next town over for shopping; there's a mall with a sporting goods store in it." Whew. That gave Jesse some chance to think. He'd have to wing it, but hey, his kind were good for improvising. The pretty chiropteran lady seemed to look encouragingly at him.

"Ehh, we can survive with basic I guess. We need a little private time," the coon explained, then looking at Cila, whispered through his teeth so softly that even he couldn't hear it himself, but he figured she might, "and so do you guys, huh?" Message received; Cila's ears perked and she smiled and nodded.

"Whaddya say, toots? Shall we go on our next limitless credit shopping spree?" he asked Dima.