Welcome to the World of Feila!

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

New to the forum? Get started by reading general information about Feila and the rules of the forum.

Need help? Send a private message to RabidFox. The staff is always willing to assist users with questions and problems. There's also a thread for how to role-play.

Don't be shy. Feel free to start posting when you're ready. We have a friendly community that is more than happy to welcome you and invite you to role-play. And don't worry about all the informational threads! You only need minimal knowledge to role-play. There's no need to do lots of reading.

Role-players wanting to write role-playing posts under five sentences, see the One Liners board.

Check out our announcement forum, The World Court, for important information about what's going on in our community.

Want to chat with other Feilans? Check out our Discord server!

The Price to Pay (Non-Feila) closed pm to join

For non-canon Feila and non-Feila role-playing, the Twilight Zone offers a venue to experience all time and all settings. If you'd like to role-play in a time period that has no canon counterpart, or if you'd like to role-play on a world that is not Feila, then this is the place. All races are allowed, including humans.
materwolf
Omnipresence
Species: Collie

Re: The Price to Pay (Non-Feila) closed pm to join

Post by materwolf » Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:12 pm

not all your were-creatures are that bad. My name is Kira. My Friend is over there in those caves. if you may help him out i would appreciate the gesture

Karen stood and jumped off Christine's hood, breathing a bit hard. Her pistol in one hand still smoking, the other hand holding her Ka Bar knife dripping with blood. She took a second to catch her breath and knelt to clean the knife with the fur of a fallen enemy. She looked at the child "My name is Karen. This here is Christine." She patted the car and stood. Then she pointed to Caprica, who was currently glaring at Karen "And THAT is Caprica."

not very strong are you geist. Not quite in Synergy as you should be. Help me out of this blasted cage and I can defiantly Help you harness your power. As for you Were-Creatures do you have names? Or can i call the three of you Canine and Avians?
Most call me Chesire. I preferably call myself my given name but for the moment just call me that instead

Karen twitched and ear and Caprica spoke up "I'd take the help if I were you. Relying on hand to hand fighting is such a Lowly thing." Karen snorted and rolled her eyes as she placed her reloaded pistol in the holster. "Yeah I'll get your friend out of the cage. Mostly because it's the right thing to do. He helped us now I'm returning the favor. And by the way, Great job helping in the fight. It's awesome to have someone yelling at you when you're trying to fight for your life, Caprica." Her voice dripping with sarcasm as she headed to help the avians. One had been injured it seemed.

"You. The one with the car and gun. She needs a place to rest and heal. Do you mind? Also, are you strong?" Karen nodded "We can get her in Christine with no trouble. She'll be fine, I promise." Karen gripped the unconscious Avian under the arms and combat-dragged her to the car. Christine's passenger door opens as the car makes her way over. Karen then eases the girl into the back seat after using a spare shirt to bandages a few of the cuts.

"Trust me, unless your sister does something to piss Christine off, she's perfectly fine in that car." Karen assured the sister who was awake. She then followed Celes to the cage "Cheshire, huh? Well he's got the creepy grin for it." She waited a moment for the bird to get the lock open, and after a moment she went to Christine's trunk and pulled out a sledge hammer "Look out, please. That's a cheap lock. I'll have it off in no time." Caprica was still fuming as they got the 'Cheshire' loaded in teh back seat on the floor-after of course liberating a lot of blankets, jackets, and pillows from the were camp.

"Well, I dunno where you two were headed, but you need a place to rest. I got a place about as safe as you'll come by in these parts. Unless of course you have reservations at a Five Star Hotel in the neighborhood." She smirked and Christine opened her doors. Yeah, we may look mean, but if you don't hurt us we're really hospitable..

It was a bit longer of a drive back, due to the fact Karen was driving slowly and carefully to avoid jostling the two sleepers in the back. Karen was qiet through some of the trip. As the large former luxury hotel approaches, nestled among a collection of war-torn and abandoned buildings. "So. Where are you two from? Not from around here, nothing is from around here..."
"Fate protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise."
-Commander William Riker, USS Enterprise, NCC-1701D-

My characters
[url]http://www.twilightus.net/feila/viewtopic.php?t=4044[/url]

Sponsor

Ksaa
Assassin
Species: Dragoness

Post by Ksaa » Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:07 am

Celes sighed, tired from the fight, as the rode in the car. "Five-Star?" She laughed softly, and give a quick glace to her still-out sister. The wounds would look fairly bad to a normal person. Lacerations, massive bruising, one a good knock on the head. The blleding would have been worrying for a normal person, but Celes showed little worry over it. Were-creatures, as the little demon-boy called them, where naturally strong, fierce, and most importantly, possessed a supernatural level of vitality. It was difficult to kill one of their kind. Particularly her sister.

Were-creatures, or 'Shifters' as the two sisters called them, were gifted to be part spirits, born from the living embodiments of the natural world. They were literally born to protect Gaea and the Balance of things. Compared to most supernaturals it made them more 'feral' in mein than others. Enhanced senses, and that animal sense of others. Gifts were the name of their supernatural powers, when compared to others. This was because their powers were literally gifts, given by proving one's self to the spirits of the Natural World.

"Thanks for your help, but i question if you can drive. You do see we dont look like one who can afford a five-star, right?" She yawned, more from sheer tiredness then actually being sleepy. "Please, a place to rest would be nice. First time we've ever been to the area." She never directly responded to the question of where they came from. She avoided it. She preferred not think of it, as the last ruffing they had had gotten both their wings broken in their were-forms. It was why they were moving. again. The powers-that-be when the mage's were let known in the wake of world-war did so, Celes believed, so that the rest of the supernaturals could remain hidden.

"I will let you know. I dont trust you. Any of you." She motioned to the various people in the car, both physical and not. "I give thanks for helping us, but that doesnt mean much in the lives we've lead. Especially you. You're sly. and so are you. I sense it. You have cards up your sleeves." She pointed absently at Caprica and Kira. She could not see either physically, but her Spirit-sight allowed her see them in a fuzzy-way on the Twilight-side, and the bond they shared between their 'host'. The bond was brighter between Kira and Cheshire.

When they got to this locale Karen had spoke about she cared little for it's looks, other than a good look about for it's safety and their security. She helped bring Cora and this 'Cheshire' to some beds, and curled up with Celes for sleep. She couldnt help it, but for fear of safety in the presence of these new people, she set one of her stealthy 'pet' spirits on watch over them.
~Ksaa

Characters

"the quieter you become, the more you are able to hear." ~zen

materwolf
Omnipresence

Post by materwolf » Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:24 pm

"All i require as payment to stay here is this: keep your mitts off my machines and supplies-Unless they're given to you, and don't kill me in my sleep. i want to at least be awake, armed and facing you if you want to challenge me." Was Karen's reply as they pulled into the garage and passed a veritable junkyard of stripped cars, some not yet stripped. The car stopped in an elevator and started raising up.
"I won't hurt you unless you try the same to me. I don't expect you to take my word on that, or to believe me on anything else I say. At least until you get to know me."
When the car got to the Penthouse, she opened the door and carried the younger sister into the bedroom-the only room that had anything soft to lay on. She put the sister on her own bed and then put the cat on a large couch in the same room. Looking at the older avian she said "Take your pick of the soft things to lay on, I'll be fine in Christine for the night."

When the new guests were all asleep-or at least laying down in the bedroom, Karen closed the door and got to work on Christine's dents. The car felt happy as the work was being done. Caprica on the other hand was nearly furious. "Why didn't you take lessons on the spot!?" She shouted. Karen sighed
"I know you're dead and don't quite give a damn about sleep deprivation, however everyone here just fought a battle-oh, except you. Yelling at me to use powers that you never fraking taught me how to use, expecting me to just know everything off the bat. If you aren't going to teach me anything yourself, then shut up and let me learn my own way." SHe popped the first dent from the bumper. "Now, if you are done screaming at me, I'm willing to discuss how we can work on my powers. That cat in there is powerful, hell even I could tell that. If you want me to take lessons, fine, that's up to him, but I'm willing." She popped a few more dents.

Caprica sighed and sat on Christine's hood. "Alright. I suppose I have been a bit unfair. You have made good progress so far, without being taught anything. I just...figured you would have rushed to learn from me. Not everyone learns the same I guess." Karen flicked an ear and stood.
"You're right, Caprica. But I suppose I've been too blinded by my vendetta to try and learn. Seems we both got off to a bad start. Clean slate?" She offered her hand. Caprica nodded and took it. "Great. We'll talk with the cat after I get some sleep. If he's willing to do lessons, great. otherwise, we'll both look into how to do this whole Geist thing." Karen continued to repair the damage Christine had taken during the battle-a few dents and some paint was all that was really needed other than a cleaning.

With the car taken care of, Karen cleaned her gun and reloaded it before using her jacket as a pillow and a sheet for a blanket as she curled up in the large back seat of the Plymouth. She slept soundly-well as soundly as she dared. She kept her ears pricked most of the night, with her pistol in her hand under the jacket just in case her guests were not as honest as they seemed to be. Caprica sat on Christine's hood and talked quietly with the spirit that lived in the car for the rest of the night, waiting for the others to wake-and noticing there were spirits guarding the room. "Probably from that older Avian" Caprica commented to Christine. "She's willing to accept hospitality, but not stupid to go without protection. I like her."
Christine would have nodded if she could. "Indeed. Though I hope they don't do anything to cause Karen to be angry. Especially after we fought beside them in the battle."

My characters

inuboitoy
Thief
Species: Lynx/Wolf

Post by inuboitoy » Tue Feb 03, 2015 1:43 pm

As he thought the entirety of the group fell fast asleep and Cheshire was wide awake. He waited until the Geist was out like a light in her car and finally de-summoned his bone-yard. he didn't need anyone noticing except this caprica of course. He could feel her presence throughout the house, informed of the fact that he was indeed not asleep.
"Ms. Caprica I presume" Chesire had summoned Kira without the aura of death surrounding him. "to what do I owe such a lovely pleasure" said kira with his telepathy. Instead of chains adoring his body he took the look of an innocent schoolchild.
"I daresay you are quite the geist If i am not mistaken, why is it that you seek my help with your charge?"
Veni, Vidi, Vici
"Any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bells tolls; it tolls for thee."
The entity that is my Character

materwolf
Omnipresence

Post by materwolf » Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:01 pm

Caprica looked at the child and noticed a bone yard had been dropped. She smiled and stood next to the car instead of being on the hood.

"Yes. I am Caprica. I do appreciate your attention. Karen has had me helping her for two years now. I think we don't have the same ways of learning. How did you and your companion get so powerful together? The most I've ever got her to do was learn to charge her pistol." The geist looked back at the sleeping canine in the car, then continued.
"I chose her because of her anger, it is useful and she is drivin by rage to find her killer. However she hasn't come to terms with her death it seems. I need a way to get to her and teach her the potential she has. Do you have tips for this?"

Christine spoke up next "If you two would stop yelling at eachother that would help. And Caprica, you really need to stop belittling her. That is why she doesn't respond to you well, you keep belittling her and making her feel bad. That's what I've seen."

"Easy for you to say." Caprica replied. "She pays attention to you..." Caprica had a twinge of jealousy as she looked at the car. Every dent was lovingly removed, every scratch carefully repainted before Karen had gone to sleep.

My characters

Ksaa
Assassin

Post by Ksaa » Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:53 pm

The older Irraka stepped out from around the corner. "It would seem to me you two have trust issues. They do not. That is why their bond is brighter." She nodded to the now-innocent schoolchild. "Sorry, I was eavesdropping. I cannot admit knowing much about you Bound. But i do know ghost and Spirits are somewhat similar. They both bind to things in the material realm, to exist here. That bond requires trust to be strong."

She sat in a defensible corner. While her Irraka gifts allowed her to see and interact with the denizens of the Shadow, it made her acutely aware that Spirits where her largest weakness.

"You, you're Caprica, i heard? You're name?" She gave a nod to the car directly. "You. If i'm not mistaken you have quite a reputation. You're Deadman, yes? Interesting to find out you're Bound. Everybody wonders about that. I'm Celes. Cora is my sister. Allow me to formally thank yall. We're Shifters. Werecreatures, i think most call us. We had not expected they would try so hard to either force us to kill us, or force us to... join." The distaste of what they had meant by 'join' was clear in her tone. She was not happy about the prospect. The way he allowed his lust to roll off his proposition lent her to believe they would reduce both to mere breeding stock.

"We only meant to move through, and go into the City Proper. Start a new life. Again." She sighed. She hated traveling. But that was their lives. Exposed then hunted.
~Ksaa

Characters

inuboitoy
Thief

Post by inuboitoy » Wed Feb 11, 2015 3:37 pm

Shinikira was silent for a minute studying the faces of the two woman before him. when he spoke he sounded guarded in what he was saying as if a secret was being told, "Caprica have you even told your other half you are jealous of their infatuation with the car? You know what happens to geist if they do not synergize over the course of their partnership things can lead to wretchedness very quickly." Shinikira stared at her seriously when talking his voice in their heads very stern as if a grandfather talking.
his attention turned instantly to Celes, eyes boring into her, as if an interrogation.
"Celes was it? I do believe that nickname is only known to those traveling quite the distance, like those stupid were-things we just killed, no offense, you must be from quite a distance from here to know me by that? but yes i am known as the name dead-man, my human is know as Cheshire and together we have kept this were population to a minimum, well as much as we can, they seem to recruit quite alot of people by the day. We were hired...per sae... to find a girl by the name of Riominanna a unique were-creature, a Minx/wolf to be exact. which to be honest i have never heard of such a breed but Cheshire says it is possible. either way i do not really care, all i know is i will do all i can to be a geist and meet Cheshire halfway at all times."

He said this directing it towards Caprica.

"to answer your question before you even ask it, a wretched is a being that comes to life due to the disharmony between a bound and the ghost. if they cannot see eye to eye the bound ends up falling into something similar to an undeath where the geist can now take over the body at will at the expense of the human life attached. when a wretched is born it is the duty of any geist who find it to kill it at a moment's notice" he stared at Caprica "i have ended more Geist for such a thing many times. I hope you do not victim to it either."
Veni, Vidi, Vici
"Any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bells tolls; it tolls for thee."

materwolf
Omnipresence

Post by materwolf » Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:54 am

Caprica looked stunned at the direct question. "I...no I have never told Karen..." She looked a bit bashful about it. "I mean, how would you feel having to admit you were second-best to a car-no offence Christine." Caprica looked at the chrome grill of the car when she said the last part. Offending her only other constant companion was certainly not her intention.

Christine failed to hie her amusement completely, but was polite enough to not laugh aloud. No offence take, Caprica. But the other Geist is right. Karen will never know unless you tell her.. Christine had feelings for Karen of course, but she knew better than to try and disrupt anything between her and Kaprica-after all, the two seemed to disrupt things well enough already without assistance.

Caprica listened to the description of the Wretched, then looked through the car's windsheild at the collie woman's sleeping form "I couldn't do that. We may not be the best pair, but still...I couldn't kill her." Caprica sighed and thought a moment "Thank you for the advice. Perhaps we should all talk to Karen about this in the morning when she is awake. Maybe with other people mediating, neither of us will fly off the handle at each other like we usually do. After breakfast would be the best time for her-she's even grumpier right when she wakes up. Doubly so if she's hungry."

Inside the car Karen grunted and mumbled as she shifted in her sleep. The subtle shifts were enough to gently rock Christine. Alright everyone, Christine said gently Karen hasn't had a lot of sleep recently. Between her disagreements with Caprica, doing her jobs and repairing me, she needs the rest. She can hear all of us and I doubt it is helping her rest. If you want to continue talking, by all means do so, but please do it quieter. Perhaps even over in the dining area. Across from the elevator and sharing the wall with the bedroom there was hard tile floors that had three small round tables on them. One table had some greasy engine parts that were only half cleaned and half assembled, one had papers, but the other was clean and clear. Each table had one soft metal framed chair by it. There were some soft wooden framed chairs scattered about the former penthouse suite as well. Most were broken or being used to support makeshift workdesks, but there were a few loose ones laying around. From the looks of the rest of the penthouse, the only areas that ever got constant cleaning attention was the bedroom and the kitchen.

It won't be long before Karen wakes up. She'll cook breakfast soon, so everyone can talk together. And Caprica, please follow through with what you are thinking about right now. I may not know a lot about geists, but from what the child is saying, you and Karen both need to work together. Meet her half way, and I'm sure things will start turning out better for all of us.

My characters

Ksaa
Assassin

Post by Ksaa » Fri Feb 13, 2015 8:26 pm

Celes nodded. "Yes, we've traveled rather... frequently. Never very long in one place. Other scent us, and then harass us about joining local packs. I can hide the scent, that's easy, but Cora cannot. Other times, she'll shift in front of the Naturals, and they'll hunt us." She looked in her sleeping sister's general direction and sighed. "But i'd never give up on her for my own safety. She's the only family I have."

She listened to the conversation about geist and wretched. "these wretched seem similar to when we cannot find a balance between our spirit sides, and our Natural sides. Going too far one way or another will either lose you your sanity and become the beast, or lose your animal-side... and sanity. We cannot exist without both sides."

She helped gather the chairs at the open dining area for the others. "So, Deadman... why do you thin the shifters? Same vauge reasons you hunt these 'wretched'? You helped save us, so do we have little to fear of you? From your reputation, if you wanted us dead, then I wouldnt be here right now."
~Ksaa

Characters

inuboitoy
Thief

Post by inuboitoy » Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:22 pm

Excellent question Ms. Celes

deadman had floated to the table where she was sitting. he opened up vocal mind links between everyone

to keep the quiet as you would say...dead I've opened up mental links between each other's souls so even the car can join in on the conversation. turning to Celes he asked her In order to answer you questions I must ask you. Why do you not join those other shifters? From what I was smelling and seeing they only wanted you to breed which means you would be kept captive and breed as live stock in order for them to harness every last bit of your genes.
Does that sound "good" by any means? Does that gain any merit or stamp of approval by anyones means? of course not!!! They are breeding with unique species because i am killing them faster then they can make children and raise them, so in retrospect it is my fault, I take that blame, but...

even in their souls' minds Deadman was seething disgust.

I would rather take my life and chesire's than leave vagrant, unmerciful, conniving, disrespectful children in charge of the fate of innocent shifters. Chesire feels the exact same way due to the fact his daughter is a shifter, but he would never tell you, and he would smite those who know or spread anything like this around.

Deadman looked dead serious, his presence filling the room with the deadliest of silence

I entrust you these secrets only because i feel as if you have a good heart and a head on your shoulders, but if you tell anyone outside this room. I will not hesitate to kill every last one of you. now off to bed I have told enough horror stories for the night as he turned away he faded into nothingness and the aura of silence was gone.
Veni, Vidi, Vici

materwolf
Omnipresence

Post by materwolf » Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:54 pm

Christine sat and listened. She didn't have a lot to offer yet, and Caprica was still conversing with her quietly about ways to connect and start teaching Karen. Caprica was actually, honestly asking Christine for things to do or say to get close to Karen. The canine in the back of the car woke up and flicked an ear as she heard the conversation. She decided to stay 'asleep' to hear what was being said.
"You would do well to stop sneering from an elevated position above her, Caprica. She never liked people above her in society. You only make her want to push you away when you flaunt your implied knowledge in front of her like you do. I know it may hurt to hear it, but I'm trying to put it gently."
Caprica sighed "Okay. Now how would I approach her? Stop wearing my dress and wear blue jeans and a T-shirt?"
Perhaps, however maybe try and ask her if she knows something instead of just assuming she would. We're having this discussion because after two years she's only learned how to make spiritually charged shots. Maybe sit down with her and ask what she would hope to gain from your partnership. Her and my partnership is fairly obvious, seeing as she built me.
"Fair enough. So, approach her after she's woken up a bit and ask her directly then?"
Yes. Though I'd wait till after she's had breakfast. You'll have better luck then.
"Thanks. I'll sit off by myself till you say she's ready."
Christine would have patted her on the back if she could as the Blonde got up and sat by herself, staring off at the black paint covered window, thinking. Karen waited a few minutes before stretching and grunting to signify she was awake. Christine had felt the moment she was awake, but didn't say anything more for Caprica's sake as well as trying to show her that Caprica really did want to start trying.
The collie grunted as she climbed to the front seat and the metalic click of the driver's door echoed in the empty feeling penthouse. She stepped out and ran a loving hand along the car's front fender. She went to make breakfast and rubbed her eyes. She wasn't very talkative quite yet.

My characters

Ksaa
Assassin

Post by Ksaa » Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:01 pm

She sat for a moment to give thought to the situation. "Ah. So you are thinning those who are essentially losing their balance. Much like how you thin the Bound who are losing out to their wretched sides. Makes sense. You must be powerful... and old." She left the mystery alone willingly, however as the spirit exited. She decided, beyond the threat, the secret seemed a polite thing to keep. She had not requested such info, and thought it nice to know the pair fought for family at some level.

"Whelp. I need to get the rest of my sleep. And i'd prefer when Cora wakes, she not think me missing. Night to you two, and hope you can work out what you can." with a light bow she smoothed her ruffled feathers form her sitting-spot, and returned to her sister, and bed.

The next day, the two slept late. Celes' interrupted sleep after the prior day did not help her exhausted body. Cora woke as well, and in a groan. The major damage she'd sustained had healed well. Not unexpected, however, from the two's history of violent experiences. However, she was still not in a position to just be up and about. Celes presented a rather motherly, doting side for her.

Grabbing a meal, after asking about, she even fed the still-half-conscious sister. She was healing at a nearly alarming rate, however. By night fall she was up and about, but still tired.

Celes, during the frequent naps Cora took, Celes visited with the others. It was mostly small talk, and Celes was not very good at such. She was guarded, obviously, thanks to their past. Eventually she thanked the group, and as Cora was ready they made to leave to finish their little journey for a new home. "Say... know any places that need workers, mayhap? Living and all is good, but money is needed," she made to ask, just before they were to leave.
~Ksaa

Characters

inuboitoy
Thief

Post by inuboitoy » Sat Mar 07, 2015 3:26 am

Chesire awoke with a rather amazing start to the day. Deadman informed him of what was said the night before, leaving out the part about his finding his daughter of course.
He smelled the food in the air and decided to find where the delectable smell was coming from.
"ah i see y'all know how to cook as well as fight, indulge me, to where do I find people like you on my travels?"
it felt as if the question was cast on deaf ears
I might actually be the only one not sore from the battle. well lucky me!!
he thought sarcastically to himself
these other supernaturals are so...slow at healing
Chesire cast a spell of to imbue his ghostly powers into the bodies of his new found friends. only in order to heal them properly. obviously Caprica knew what he was doing and Karen would see it, hopefully with what Deadman told him about the previous night she would take it upon herself to inform her charge as to what is happening.

Answering any small questions Celes and Cora might have he stayed rather close to them since they seemed the most battle worn. He realized he was healing her wounds from ages ago, it looked as if these two girls were constantly in battle.
"to answer you question from last night, an yes Deadman informed me of what was spoken, We have been alive for quite a long time, going on...150 years i believe" he slightly chuckled to the thought of it only 150 years because normal people live such a long time
"to be honest I have only lived so long because I've had encounters with a well known Death and life magi, Mother/daughter actually, and they seemed keen to make allies."

When the two Girls decided to leave Chesire took the lead in helping them.
"well I do say you two are leaving in a bit of a hurry."

Celes responded "Say... know any places that need workers, mayhap? Living and all is good, but money is needed," she made to ask, just before they were to leave.

"hmm...workers, well I know of a certain individual in need of assistants in all of their exploits, 'tis dangerous work but for a pair of women like you three" Chesire motioned towards Karen "they would be willing to make an exception and plus" Chesire had brought out his wallet and showed them just how well he was paid. "the people I work for defiantly pay well." Several sets of hundreds lined his wallet 10 to 12 if they wanted to count. that's after he spent his monthly allowance of cash on frivolous stuff.
Veni, Vidi, Vici

materwolf
Omnipresence

Post by materwolf » Sat Mar 21, 2015 1:27 pm

Karen and Caprica's conversation had entailed a few different things. Mostly it was about how the two of them could mesh easier without bursting into an argument at every turn. Karen wanted Caprica to actually teach her instead of shout at her and expect Karen to already know everything there was to know about being a Geist. Capricawas a bit flustered because she had never needed to teach anyone anything before, not to mention her people skills when she was alive were about on par with how she had shown herself previously. Christine actually suggested the solution; both of them actually get to know eachother for the next week instead of trying to dive into the teaching. That made sense to the other two, seeing as it wasn't until then that neither realised they knew anything about the other.
"Very well, a week to get to know eachother. I think I can do that." Karen said to Caprica.
"Indeed. Sounds like it will help. And I will try to refrain myself from shouting at you...I'm not a very good teacher."

Karen had talked with Caprica a good portion of the day. When the two avians were about to leave, she walked over to them and sighed "You two don't have to leave just yet." She would have continued but she heard Cheshire say "hmm...workers, well I know of a certain individual in need of assistants in all of their exploits, 'tis dangerous work but for a pair of women like you three" Karen stopped talking and started listening. Even Caprica came over to hear better and Christine strained to hear. "the people I work for defiantly pay well." Said the feline. Karen looked into the wallet, then around her at the run down penthouse "Well if I'll be in a safer location than here, I could see that working out well."

My characters

Ksaa
Assassin

Post by Ksaa » Sat Mar 21, 2015 2:38 pm

Both of the girls stopped, looked back, and tilted their heads looking between Karen and Cheshire. Well, this is certainly interesting, Celes thought. Cheshire said they seemed quite right for a job he knew of for a high-paying client. She suspected it was he who was in fact the client. No, what grabbed her attention more so than even that was the fact Karen seemed to genuinely want them to stick around. Or at least that was what she had heard in her tone of voice.

"Oh? A job?" She caught his gaze, and held it. "May pray tell i guess that you may have some more specific information about said needs-to-be-don: pay, workload... seediness? I should hazard a guess..." She gave thought to the fact he had mentioned it was dangerous work, but seemed to think Karen, Cora, and herself could handle it easily. Her train of thought registered the reasoning, ...paranatural involvement, must be... Dealing with paranaturals was quite dangerous for naturals, but... well not as dangerous for other paranaturals.

She weighed her options, given here was one offering a limited room and board, while another offered pay. Never before had they encountered such a situation. Karen had held her word, despite the knowledge of what they were, and Cheshire had thus far not attacked them, despite his taste for killing other shifters. Not that she could exactly complain.
~Ksaa

Characters