Welcome to the World of Feila!

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

New to the forum? Get started by reading general information about Feila and the rules of the forum.

Need help? Send a private message to RabidFox. The staff is always willing to assist users with questions and problems. There's also a thread for how to role-play.

Don't be shy. Feel free to start posting when you're ready. We have a friendly community that is more than happy to welcome you and invite you to role-play. And don't worry about all the informational threads! You only need minimal knowledge to role-play. There's no need to do lots of reading.

Role-players wanting to write role-playing posts under five sentences, see the One Liners board.

Check out our announcement forum, The World Court, for important information about what's going on in our community.

Want to chat with other Feilans? Check out our Discord server!

Identity (Non-Feila, Closed, PM to Join)

For non-canon Feila and non-Feila role-playing, the Twilight Zone offers a venue to experience all time and all settings. If you'd like to role-play in a time period that has no canon counterpart, or if you'd like to role-play on a world that is not Feila, then this is the place. All races are allowed, including humans.
Ksaa
Assassin
Species: Dragoness

Re: Identity (Non-Feila, Closed, PM to Join)

Post by Ksaa » Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:45 pm

The raccoon girl knew her partner was going to have better luck while she was on the ground. No, she decided, she would tail the friend, he seemed easier to find. She might not get all the information she wanted but she could get him to help her complete their end-goal.

She was right it wasnt terribly hard to track him down. Sure his info was almost nil, directly. held no property, and had no visible assets. But his attire was one of leisure when she noticed him on the cameras, and being burned meant they kept a close eye on any official records. Logically, the guy was being covered by others. He seemed to live the high-light, and so she simply cross-checked the High Society Ladies with him, and his latest popped right up. She took her detour again. That fed-car was just trailing her again.

She laughed and figured she would play with them. After losing them while near Chuck's latest live-in condo, she simply waked up slightly behind them. As they scanned the area she leaned in and surprised the two. It was a Black Lab and a Golden Retriever. In Fed suits. "So, guys. Trying to find me again?"

"Um... excuse me, miss? May we help you?" The driver,who was the Black Lab, responded as if they didnt know who she was.
"Sure. i suppose i can get some FBI help-"
She was cut off by the guy, "-we're not FBI."
And i'm not a World-Class Blackhat. she mentally retorted. "-Come on. Black suits, in this old clunker, your hidden holster- the strap, right there. And for gods sakes, you are aware those shoes died with Al Capone, yes?" She scoffed, but didn't allow them a break in the conversation again but placing her finger over the guys lips. "Maxwell, Poinsetta. Undercover, tracking Liber8 in the area. and you guys are -really- hampering my style. Don't you like?" She made a bit of a flare to show off her rather common clothes, as if Modern Chic. "So you see, if you get me caught..." She leaned in close and whispered not so quietly inf a firm tone, "...you'll wish the worse that will happen is a red tape mix up that can only be 'fixed' by a Vet. Catch me? This is above your paygrade, boys. Want to help? Fine. Lead them off me, and help me get some evidence. Liber8 is moving, and big time right now. I need to find out why." She gave them some directions to one of the cells moving in the immediate area that Max has tipped her off to.

She had to make this look legit, or blow her cover right here, once they figure it all out. She hoped these two knuckle heads only caused interference between the FBI and Liber8. "Tootles. Remember, you better make a scene or..." she made a 'snip-snip' motion before smoothly blowing them a kiss.

She slinked off in the general direction of the cell, which was opposite Chucks. Once they drove off, she backtracked, and knocked on the door. The tubby grey tabby cat in a Hawaiian luau shirt answered the door. "Hey there. Sorry but I'm not donating to any College funds, kid."

Perfect, it is him, she thought. She put on her best valley college girl impression and played peppy. "Oh, but sir! we so wish you would donate to the local Karen Fund. It would so help support those who qualify." She tilted her head, holding the ridiculous grin, and glared at him for the hint.

Once inside, and relative safe from overhearing, she dropped the charade quickly. "Listen. We arnt after her. Not to turn her in. We're only here to make our money. To that end, we're here to offer her, and possibly you, a cut. After all, are you aware that the FBI thinks she is with Liber8? Or that Liber8 is after her for... 'security' as well? Well, what do you say?" She flipped her phone to the lasted APB on bounties, and showed him the new value of Karen's head. "She gets away clean- they think she's finished, and we all walk away happy, right?"
~Ksaa

Characters

"the quieter you become, the more you are able to hear." ~zen

Sponsor

materwolf
Omnipresence
Species: Collie

Post by materwolf » Sat Mar 21, 2015 1:52 pm

Chuck stared at the raccoon "So...you're trying to find her...to help her? Where does drugging her on the flight back from Panama come in to play then? Or putting blanks in her pistol? And taking her knives? Look, I don't trust you, but your story might just have some merit." He set down the half empty beer he had been drinking and went to the wood paneling next to the fridge and started to pry it open. "I'll arrange for you an her to meet. If you have a gun, I'd suggest you let Karen know when you get there, otherwise you'll most likely catch a round in the head before you could get a bead on her." Out of the hidden compartment next to the fridge, Finley removed a sawed off pump action shotgun with a grip on the pump, setting it on the counter he also pulled out a Remington R700 sniper rifle and an M4A2 Carbine. "Go to Florida Avenue and Pine Street intersection, follow Pine till you come to a bridge with tire marks on it. I'd suggest announcing yourself before you get there, but that's just me. If Karen doesn't like your plan then that's on you, kid."

The cat then dug through the cupboards of the kitchen, producing several boxes of ammunition for the weapons he had pulled out "I'll be meeting up with her soon as well, I'd better hear from her by sunset or you'll see a side of me you really won't like named Sam Axe." All the while he was talking, he was packing a duffel bag he had procured from seemingly nowhere. "Best get to steppin', Kid. If I get to Karen first, I'm going to tell her not to wait."

As he hefted the bag in one hand, he grabbed the beer on the counter with the other, finished it, and tossed the bottle in the trash can. He made sure the 'coon girl was out of the place before locking the door and heading to the Cream White 2015 Cadillac CTS-V Coupe in the Handicap space, tossing the bag in the back seat and already getting on his phone as he got into the car himself "Hey, Pumpkin! Uh, little change of plans tonight..." The car started, screeched tires as Chuck pulled the car out of the space, then left a small cloud of rubber smoke as he sped off.
"Fate protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise."
-Commander William Riker, USS Enterprise, NCC-1701D-

My characters
[url]http://www.twilightus.net/feila/viewtopic.php?t=4044[/url]

inuboitoy
Thief
Species: Lynx/Wolf

Post by inuboitoy » Sat Mar 21, 2015 2:26 pm

making his way to the location that was Karen he made damn sure he wasn't caught. he scoped out higher grounds and placed his remote controlled snipers. three in total all of them at different places around the location. Arming them with non lethal rounds. \Hhe didn't aim directly at one spot but a multitude of locations where someone could escape from. "either this deal goes through, or we are gonna have one hell of a fire fight" he whispered to himself. he readied himself with his laptop watching the cameras with their panoramic views, up linked himself to as many street cams leading to the spot that he could, and notified Rose of what and where every sniper and camera he was watching was at; no way he was gonna keep his cameras presence to himself. He figured if rose knows where they are at she can goad Karen to move into their line of fire. Either we do this her way nice and easy with limited trust or our way...unconsciously He also was on the lookout for Karen's Friend make-sure he was accounted for, after all no surprises.
Veni, Vidi, Vici
"Any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bells tolls; it tolls for thee."
The entity that is my Character

Ksaa
Assassin

Post by Ksaa » Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:44 pm

Rose had stripped her outer shirt and light over-jacket, both slung over her shoulder Instead, she was more comfortable in the camisole she had thought to wear under her outer shirt. She was glad for thinking of layering. The heat was becoming oppressive with all the running about on foot. Sure, on a normal day it was a nice, light ensemble, as long as you were using the bus and inside most often. No, she had chosen to ensure nobody was following her by jogging more than just the section. Her computer bag was pulled up like a messenger back over her back for comfort as she jogged. After all, a car following her would be hard pressed to not be obvious by creeping along with someone on foot- plus if the same car -licence plate visible in passing, was spotted trying to "keep up" with her, she could just continue to pretend to be jogging. Chuck did remark she appeared to be a college student.

She sported a pair of sleek sunglasses that were sporty, but almost mimicked the pattern of her 'coon facefur. Specially designed, by her, they were, of course. They were mini-HUDs. In there, she could see the view screens, shared with Max as they were set up. She could ultimately see from four directions at once, the three cameras and her own. Given some incidents in early jobs with communications, she designed these, v6.3, with non-vocal audio; only she could hear, as the temple tips vibrated just behind her hears. A small set of cameras set into the temples, with mirrored, polarized lenses completed the black-gloss glasses.

She slowed her jog to a walk as she entered the area, glancing around one last time for straggling followers. Of course she spotted Karen as she walked up. She showed her paws, turned to display her lack of weapons. In the fitted knee-high jean capris, and cami, there was little to hide any firearm. Of course, she kept her taser tucked into the bundle of her shirt and jacket over her shoulder, although she didnt expect to use it.

"Karen? call me Mag, err- Magnolia. My mom was a bit of a hippy..." She allowed the collie to look her over for a moment. "I know- i know. just hear me out... you left before we could explain it -not that i would blame you, given the situation. You're in control here, i'm fairly sure- dont like what i have to say- leave... although you'll probably shoot me." She walked over to sit under the overpass shade, and slowly, openly, took a bottle of water from the side of her bag. Of course, her position was in clear sight of at least two the cameras. which allowed at least one of the rifles to take aim- just in case.

"This is the stich: You were probably burned. Dont know why- dont care. Not my job. We're bounty hunters- that is Marc and I- the one in the other room when you left." Of course she wasnt given their real name- not yet. She figured Karen might see through it- but it was a rather standard step- showing distrust of the situation. She nor Max was here to lose anything personal from failure. "We took the mark on you. At first, i'll admit, we planned to just turn you in. But we arnt dogs on a leash. We research our targets- both for capture as well as to ensure we're not getting shorted on the... 'employers' side of things. I found some discrepancies in why we were sent after you."

She took another swig of the water, and panted for a moment. "So, we instead were planning to fake your turn in. You know, get the money, and you get out scott free to do.. what ever you wanted." She pulled her glasses down a little and peered at her over the top before setting them right again. "...which is probably go after who ever burned you, i'm guessing. Not my problem. Do it if you want. But.. do realize, since you got out of dodge before we could plan much we had to.. improvise. Have you seen the new price on your head?" She tutted, shook her head, and sighed a happy sigh. "Wow. you're worth the trouble- we didnt even need to set up the commotion, just feed it. Liber8 on you- the feds- locals, them all. You're already public and probably heading to national as some sort of massive threat to domestics peace." She clapped and laughed, giving a bit of applause. "Not had this much fun since the Van Gogh and the Louvre." This was, obviously a reference to a big stir up that had happened a number of years ago, when the Starry Night was somehow duplicated, never discovered again, all while under constant state of the art security, gauges, and 24-7 video recording. To most of the team, it simply had appeared as if one day the fake had simply been there for quite some time, while the real simply went missing.

"So. How about we split the 'profits'? You help us fake your death, because that's the only thing that will get you out of this, collect the bounty, while you find a new life, and continue living- out from under the life the government yet knows about?" She took a swig again, watching as Karen watched her, and allowing her to move about. Of course, withing aim of one rifle, and if she dashed, heading into at least one of the remaining two.
~Ksaa

Characters

materwolf
Omnipresence

Post by materwolf » Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:46 pm

Karen peeked from her place under the overpass and drew the Sig, aiming it at the raccoon girl's head. "If you're here because Chuck sent you, you can talk, but otherwise you're in the wrong place. Drop your bag and go." She indicated the ground with the pistol, but kept it aimed. She never left the cover of the overpass, and had a feeling the 'coon had some sort of tactical backup. If she was willing to do a Cold Approach, she had to have someone else out there, most likely with a rifle crosshair already on her back or chest.

"I know- i know. just hear me out... you left before we could explain it -not that i would blame you, given the situation. You're in control here, i'm fairly sure- don't like what i have to say- leave... although you'll probably shoot me." The coon said.
"I don't know what you've heard about me but I don't shoot people without good reason. However if you're the one who was in the shower and swapped the live rounds in my pistol with blanks, that might be good enough reason. Get talking and I'll see." Karen backed up and looked around to see if she could see any obvious backup. However she also scanned a few windows. I hate cities...too many places a sniper could set up without giving themselves away.... she thought to herself and took a step back under the cover of the overpass, her pistol still aimed at the 'coon girl, the collie staying a few paces away and therefore out of reach.

"This is the stich: You were probably burned. Don't know why- don't care. Not my job. We're bounty hunters- that is Marc and I- the one in the other room when you left." Karen nodded and kept her own chrome aviators on as she stared at the 'coon. The name was obviously an alias, it didn't come out right, and was just slightly too rough as it rolled off the toungue. "So this 'Marc' and you drugged me on the flight. Great way to make an approach." She replied sarcastically. The 'coon continued, "We took the mark on you. At first, i'll admit, we planned to just turn you in. But we aren't dogs on a leash. We research our targets- both for capture as well as to ensure we're not getting shorted on the... 'employers' side of things. I found some discrepancies in why we were sent after you."

"Discrepancies? I'd like to think so, nothing I've done could lead to a Burn Notice. Not that I expect my Bounty Hunters to believe me, but continue." Karen flicked an ear as she heard something, but couldn't place it. It was far off anyways, probably some kids drag racing. Karen put the safety on the pistol just to ensure she didn't accidentally shoot this 'coon girl. It wouldn't do to put a .9mm hole in her only informant at this point. She still kept the weapon pointed at the college-age girl.

"So, we instead were planning to fake your turn in. You know, get the money, and you get out scott free to do.. what ever you wanted." Before Karen could speak, the 'coon added "...which is probably go after who ever burned you, i'm guessing. Not my problem. Do it if you want. But.. do realize, since you got out of dodge before we could plan much we had to.. improvise. Have you seen the new price on your head?"

"The price on my head? not to mention you put my friend Chuck Finley in danger by tying him into this. Who else in my past did you tie in to this? You're helping them too. You stirred up all this mess, so you'll be neck deep in fixing it. Understand?" Karen blinked and looked around, hearing that same engine roaring in the distance-though closer this time. Apparently there were more people taking advantage of the police force being occupied on this manhunt.

"Wow. you're worth the trouble- we didn't even need to set up the commotion, just feed it. Liber8 on you- the feds- locals, them all. You're already public and probably heading to national as some sort of massive threat to domestics peace." The girl kept talking. Seemed like she was trying to buy time for a tactical team getting in position or for her tactical backup to line up a shot. Karen kept feeling less and less comfortable with this setup. The coon caught her attention once more by clapping and laughing a bit. "Not had this much fun since the Van Gogh and the Louvre."

"So that was you?" She asked. Of course she had heard of it. She was never put on the case, because it wasn't a big enough issue to get the Agency involved. But the story had made its way around the intelligence community quickly. "Art is a quick way to make a big profit. Doesn't hurt anyone either usually." Karen commented and heard tires screeching on pavement nearby. Sounds like a big engine...moving fast, heavy vehicle...shit this kid really HAS been buying time for a Tac team! Karen started looking all around and felt like a feral stuck in a cage. She started to pace a bit and adjusted the bag on her back. She didn't have very many rounds, or any other weapons.

"So. How about we split the 'profits'? You help us fake your death, because that's the only thing that will get you out of this, collect the bounty, while you find a new life, and continue living- out from under the life the government yet knows about?" The raccoon finished.
"And if I say no, I assume the tac team rolling in will take me in the hard way and you get all the money? How do you expect me to trust you? First off, you drugged me, took my knives, put blanks in my gun, then you got the cops to put my face all over the news, got a Terrorist group hunting for my head, all while I already have the FBI, CIA, CSS, NSA, and TSA looking for me at every bus station, cab distributor, No-tell Motel, train station and Marina from here to New Orleans! Give me one good reason to trust you!"

The sound the dog heard was an Orange 1970 Plymouth Roadrunner speeding across the nearby streets and skidding to a halt at the end of one of the overpass. A two tone canine with cute glasses honked the horn "Karen! Don't come out from the overpass! There're at least three sniper positions around you right now! If I knew the remote setups were going to be used against you I wouldn't have sold them!"

Karen looked at the 'coon and raised her pistol "You set me up! Pinned me under the overpass! Who are you working with!?"

My characters

inuboitoy
Thief

Post by inuboitoy » Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:04 am

hearing the unrecognized voice Max ran her through his voice recognition software. trying to find who she before Karen decided to put a bullet through his "coworker" after wall if She died all of the secrets she held would be released upon her death "a Fine way to blackmail someone" Max grumbled under his breath.
As he was grumbling to himself the computer pinged to life with two results
a Madame Tesla, 72 years of age and a Jesse Parker, 27, years of age. Rather sure This Madame wasn't their girl he clicked on the result and let the computer speak out loud so Rose could hear all the information.

"Jesse Parker, 27 years of age
Local Heavy Artillery Weapons Dealer
Location: suspected to be in Atlanta City with her partner in arms Karen o'Conner, and Chuck Finley
All Local authorities have been dispatched to apprehend the three suspects.
Armed and dangerous
Suspected to belong to Local terrorist organization, along with her Partners Karen and Chuck, Liber8

bounty for the apprehension of Jesse or any one of her Partners
dead 500,000 Confederate Dollars
Alive 1,000,000 Confederate dollars

Bounty for all three
6,000,000 Confederate dollars and counting

Current taskforce on the alert are APD, FBI, CIA, CSS, NSA, TSA,
LIBER8 is also rumored to be on the lookout"

"Rose I see you in cam 3 Do me a favor and inform them of all of this while i deal with her orange car friend."

He dropped everything he was doing and began Hacking...again. this time he pulled his processes from the police chase and switched one of his snipes from nonlethal to Firestorm bullets, emp pulse charge rounds and explosive rounds. He did supply enough round for just in case purposes. Though he realized he did put in too many nonlethal rounds so he had to make his bullets count.

He set Cam 1 on the Orange car and its driver set the explosive rounds to her., and locked it to her heat signature
he set cam 2 to target Karen Firestorm rounds, and cam 3 he set to Rose although he was her partner if she was gonna sell the story to anyone she had to be hurt also, Hopefully she knew this because the Emp rounds were tazer rounds at the same time. 15,000,000 volts.

After he was done he emerged from his hiding spot gathered whatever equipment he could and started his trek to the trio linking his computer to his virtual gear and began Cracking the signal this Jesse girl had on her.

After some time he got within range of the firefight. his entrance was behind the Jesse girl he decided to equip his hand gun and began talking through her phone and to Rose at the same time.

"Do you even REALIZE what havoc you have caused I had the police occupied and away from our location gunning down "potential" locations where your girl Karen would be at?! Did NEITHER of you realize that Karen has been having a really easy time eluding police?! Did you not stop one time and think?! Mama Mia Cabrona!! Are you serious! think for five seconds what you have done to our deal Ms. Parker. Do you honestly think I have any intention of killing Karen any good bounty hunter worth their balls knows you always betray the government in the end. Stage a bounty, stage a escape, stage a hunt, get the money. For fucks' Sakes Six MILLION DOLLARS what are y'all? new to the game
?!

Max stopped in view of the sniper gun readied but not aimed at Karen or Jesse. He was no amateur shot his guns all had electronic firing systems. He stared at the orange car before and looked up all the information he could about the obvious modified design specs. Nitro injection fuel system, inch thick Poly-carbonate CR-39 tempered resin titanium reinforced steel windows, two inch thick neonyte metal plates, known for its lightweight and durability, tires a mixture of what the window and armor is made out of coated with rubber just for looks.

Taking in the looks and stares the two canines were giving him he smirked at the specs of the car
"now haven't we been a busy girl. Such lovely modifications you have done to your car. That's cute and all but Jesse please do me a favor and tell MS. O'Conner what I have mounted on the rooftops...LOCKED onto your unique heat signature of all things"

With hesitation and disgust Jesse seemed to not like describing to Karen what was happening. Max interrupted with a
"-Oh i forgot to mention, I do have my own...unique set of ammo. Explosive rounds readied at you and your car Ms. Parker enough to level at least 2-3 city blocks, Firestorm rounds at Ms. O'Conner, they do cause burns on the lower end of 2nd degree but I've never tested the lower end hopefully your would be lucky enough to never experience it and finally armor piercing EMP 15,000,000 million volt Tazer rounds. its enough to render my partner unconscious and useless. I am not afraid to die today Ms. O'Conner, Ms. Parker neither am i opposed to killing everyone here today. If you shoot Magnolia over there she has certain things on a dead man trigger that i would like to keep private...oh and speaking of deadmen triggers. all of my guns are set to my vitals as well. If i die we all die.
now i suggest that we find an alternative to eluding these Officers that your Jesse brought this way, and make sure we can collect our money and You Ms. O'Conner from the clutches of the police. And to top it all off since Ms.Parker here decided to bring all of those police our way realize I didn't have enough time to dismantle all three of my guns. so You do owe me."

he stood a Ways away from the two canines listening to the sirens. He knew the Third party member of Karen's group should arrive any second he set up his guns to include Chuck's heat signature into the system when he would arrive, but for now he stood there making stares to both the girls waiting for suggestions on how to get out of this mess they seem to have caused.
Veni, Vidi, Vici
"Any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bells tolls; it tolls for thee."

Ksaa
Assassin

Post by Ksaa » Fri Apr 03, 2015 4:00 pm

Rose ultimately didn't flinch. After all, she came into the situation knowing she would be at gunpoint, and very possibly be shot. The digital voice that came through her glasses listed info, and she did as Max asked, listing the info. Of course, this gained the two's attention.

"Yup. 6 mil. You three are worth 6 mil. Split three ways, you three get 2 mil to split between yourselves. worth the little romp today, yes? no?" She gave a small smirk. Of course, she saw the loudout info on the HUD for each of the rifles. The one aimed at her was taser rounds. she internally winced, since that would hurt, badly. Also fry all fer devices. Still, it was better than the decidedly not-taser rounds in Karen's chamber, pointed at her skull.

Somebody screwed this up. She was rapidly trying to figure it out. Jesse knew Karen. Apparently, Jesse knew Max's contact. But Jesse couldn't have randomly put together the rifles with her and max with Karen. Her ear twitched lightly as she realized the only other viable links in play. Karen knows Chuck, who must also know Jesse. C'est couillon!!! She gritted her teeth. He must had some third-party plan. Maybe he wasn't quite as good a friend to Karen as either realized, maybe? If she was right, this Chuck owed her. There is no way she was going through this much unwarranted trouble without compensation.

Using her position, she hid her hand under the crook of her legs, but just in sight of her HUD as well. A quick few movements and a virtual keyboard appeared under her hand, via the HUD. She quickly brought up the city grid and police movements. They were moving their way, thanks to Jesse's trailing. Of course, there was the group who was also trailing Chuck. Another quick check, various street cams confirmed it; chuck was behind the wheel.

"Great. The police are on their way. Chuck is ultimately leading them our way as well. Liber8 will undoubtedly be on their heels, after you. Seriously? And you're still hung up over my drugging you- after you fell asleep yourself. If we wanted to kill you, we would have. And your friends, as well." She tipped her glasses to stare at Jesse for a moment. "Now, if we can agree to not all die today, that would just make my day. Oh yeah, and getting paid. That would be nice also."
~Ksaa

Characters

materwolf
Omnipresence

Post by materwolf » Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:44 pm

Jessie snarled and VERY reluctantly put her pistol back in her holster, eyes locked on the male newcomer. She snarled and fought a few moments to lower her hackles, ears still pinned back "You are SO lucky you've got me in your sights, or you'd be dead where you stood." Jessie HATED having a gun pointed at her-especially her own hardware.That was like rule number 1 of gun running: Never get shot with your own hardware. Yet here she was, unable to attack the person aiming her own remote controlled rifle at her right now.

Karen looked down her sights at the 'Coon, then over her shoulder at the cat, then at Jessie, then back at the coon. She thought a moment and sighed "Okay, I call a truce. We all want to get out of here alive, and we all certainly don't want the police to catch up. I say we all just put the guns away and get the hell out of here. We can argue with each other once we're not at ground zero for a potential tactical nuke." When she said this she looked at the cat. She put her pistol on safety and put it away "There. My gun is put up, Jessie hasn't drawn hers. Let-" Karen was cut off by the sound of an explosion several blocks away.
"What the hell was that!? Is everyone going nuts with my stuff today!?" Jessie screamed as she looked at the mushroom cloud. "That's East Street Bridge! It's gone after that much C4." She shook her head "And that'll be fun to explain to the ATF..."

Moments later, another engine was heard revving and speeding closer. This one was different. modern. Higher whine than Jessie's car. In minutes, a dented, creme white Cadillac CT6 Four Door car careened to a halt next to Jessie's car. It was Chuck and he looked a bit out of breath "Okay...things seem tense here. Uh, good news is I bought us twenty minutes or so until the police take the Main Street Bridge about twenty miles upriver and resume their persuit of me. They were all over that Marina-hell the Local CIA director stepped off my boat and pointed at my car for cryin' out loud. And if I'da known callin' jessie here would result in her charging hotheadedly down here like an idiot, I'd have just dealt with things myself. And who're these guys?" The grey and striped cat was in his favorite type of outfit, loose fitting hawaiian shirt and cargo shorts. His SPAZ-12 hanging at his side.

"Chuck, these two are holding artilliary on us right now, so put the shotgun away and lets figure out stuff to do okay?" Karen replied. Chuck squinted and looked accusingly at the racoon "Look, sister, if I'da known you were gonna set my freind up I'da told you to go Flake off! Now how are we gonna get out of here huh?"

Jessie grinned at Chuck's question. "I have one, but you're not gonna like it." She looked at Chuck, then at his car.

Chuck looked back at her then followed her gaze "Oh no...no, not my Caddy! It's brand new! I haven't even made the second payment on her yet, Jess!"

*****************************************************************************************************************************

Fifteen minutes later, Jessie was in a much better mood. She had used teh Detonator Cord in her car's trunk, some M4s that she had on hand, and all the C4 she had on-hand wired in Chuck's cadillac. The Detonator Cord was threaded through the triggers of all the M4s. The rifles were wedged in such a way that the barrels were sticking out of the windows just a little and the stocks rested on the seats. The cord was tied at the ends around the steering wheel for the car. Jessie stepped back and grinned "We start the car and put it in Neutral just before the cops get here. It'll roll for a ways but eventually something will pull the wheel one way or the other. When that happens, the rifles will open fire, causing the cops to shoot back and setting off the Det Cord and C4. It'll take them a while to dig through everything and find that we weren't in it, we'll be able to get away at that point."

"But my CAR, Jess! Y'know what, you owe me a new one! Now lets get the hell out of here before the cops see us leaving in Jessie's Dukes of hazzard wanabe!" Chuck grumbled as he tossed his shotgun in the trunk and got in the back seat of the Roadrunner. Jessie smirked and looked rather smug until Karen realised an issue.

"We can't trust each other, so everyone, all guns in the trunk. We'll get them back after we decide not to kill each other. Knives too. We'll all be unarmed so we can't kill each other until after all our questions are hashed out." She made example by putting her pistol and pocket knives in the trunk, Jessie reluctantly tossed a pair of Desert Eagles in and a snub nose revolver in an ankle holster...hesitated, and then sighed putting a .22 derringer in as well. "Well? The rest of you do it too, guns on your person in the trunk-and knives. We need to get out of here fast!

My characters

inuboitoy
Thief

Post by inuboitoy » Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:54 am

Maximilian quickly realized the problem with all this. "Hey do me one favor? Get in and out of the car one time. Before we leave, we need to make sure we can claim all the money."

He went to the trunk, depositing his weapons. Of course he kept his AR gear, including his AR Gloves, which doubled as shock-gloves. If anyone bothered him he would just inform them of his plans on not getting everyone killed via semi-auto, heat-seeking snipers on the rooftops. That and that he needed to make video footage of them in the car, so he can send the, edited, footage to the media and police, so they could 'prove' the crew was 'dead', retrieving the cool 10 mill that Rose and himself would get. Of course he would only tell them 9 mill, so he and Rose could get a bigger cut. After all, they caused all the trouble for themselves.

He got in the car and complied, to the best of their knowledge.
Veni, Vidi, Vici

Ksaa
Assassin

Post by Ksaa » Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:35 pm

loosed a subtle held breath as the tension was not really relaxed, but redirected. Emotionally, at least, the guns were no longer pointed at her. Better even still when they were not physically pointed her her, either.

As soon as she was allowed to move properly she stood, calmly, and began to operate her digital network via her HUD. She logged the various cameras in the area, rapidly reviewed the time this had all been happening, and began to break into the systems to... correct the events that could be seen.

She of course, purposefully left certain angles and such, as she was already aware they needed proof of the 'capture'. As Max worked on editing the direct footage of the car, and their 'captures'. she worked on the distance-things. Like whose cars were pulling up, when, and ensuring both of them were not there, as far as anybody knew.

All the while they rigged the dummy car to explode. Sending her footage to Max, by literally tossing the file to him in AR, she made sure her edits lined up well with his with a few more minor tweaks.

As they piled into the car she placed her weapons, which happened to be little more than a high-quality, if custom, taser as far as the group was concerned. She simply let the fact her own gloves, like Max's doubled as shock-gloves. She dug into her case and tossed up a small device, catching Max's attention. She quickly placed the small magnetic device tot he top of the car.

It was their escape-plan. This car was edited out, and for all intents and purposes would not be seen anytime soon. The Device was another custom creation of the pair's: a holo-projector. Good for casual observance. Better at the speed a car was, compared to the normal eye.

She filed into the back seat, opposite Max, with Chuck sitting between them on the Bench seating. She presumed it was for Chuck to keep an eye on the pair. Of course, that did little to stop either one form communicating. her HUD glasses concealed everything well enough, and she used her eyes to actually type out text. Point, blink. Simple.
~Ksaa

Characters

materwolf
Omnipresence

Post by materwolf » Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:01 am

Chuck got into the Roadrunner with the others. Karen and Jessie were still quite miffed at having a very one sided Mexican Stand-off having just happened, so when the car took off, Jessie was going a bit faster than the limit. She wanted to be nowhere near those explosive rounds if the cat in her back seat decided to pull the trigger anyways. Things were quiet and tense in the car as Jessie took side streets and alleyways to avoid as many street cameras as she could. "Lets not go to your emergency location, Jess." Karen finally said. Jessie looked at her
"That bad? Emergency EMERGENCY location?"
"Worse. Six-times Emergency location. I know you have safe houses laid out that far out."
"I do...but sheesh, think ALL the others are burned?"
"I don't know for sure, but I'd rather not take that chance."
"Agreed."

Chuck spoke up "Hey, I still got a few safe houses ya know." Karen looked back "Thanks, Chuck, but I think by now the FBI knows all locations held by 'Sam Axe'. Jessie here has more connections and hasn't taken a break from the game."
Sam only sighed and nodded "Fine, true enough. But wherever this safe house is it better be close by somewhere I can get a Mojito dammit. I'm too sober for this crap."

Jessie drove all over the city, and even took a few detours going through the giant man made canals that were used to keep the city from flooding-they were thankfully bone dry today. By nightfall the car pulled into an old abandoned airfeild 15 miles outside of town. The place still had a line of rusty and forgotten P-51D's lining the runway. Jessie pulled into one of the hangars where a B-25 Mitchell sat, as well as an old Chevy suburban with a camper. "This is my safest of safe houses. I never come out here, never use it as a storage facility...hell I haven't even taken the guns off those planes outside. i want this place to look deserted." She shut the car off and got out, closing the hangar door "Rules: no lights on after dark unless it is inside either the bomber or camper and you have a blackout curtain up, no cell phone use to signal where we are to our 'bestest' buddies, and no killing of your host." She climbed the ladder on the underbelly of the plane and disappeared. Karen got out and looked around "Weapons will stay locked in the trunk until we can talk and trust each other. For now...well, it has been a very long day for me, so I am going to bed. Jess, mind if I come up?" A muffled "Yeah, c'mon up." was heard before the collie ascended the ladder.

It was then just Chuck and the others. "Well I got an idea what they'll be doin' and it ain't finger painting." Chuck grabbed a backpack of clothes and headed to the old hangar's office structure that was inside the building "If anybody wakes me up without a just emergency I'll kill em. G'night." He was obviously still upset about his Caddy being used as the dummy car.

****************************************************************************************

***Earlier that day, about five minutes after Jessie's car left the scene***

Back at the overpass where Chuck's car had been left, herds of Police cars and SWAT vans erupted from the streets, lights flashing, sirens wailing and men hollering to one another. It didn't take long before they had set up a cordoned off area surrounding the car as it rolled slowly from it's own engine's momentum at less than 5 miles per hour.

A German Shepherd in SWAT Gear used a bullhorn to shout out "Karen O'Connor, Charles Finnley, Jessie Porter. Come out with your hands up!" They all waited a few tense moments with weapons drawn and pointed at the rolling car. There was a crack in the concrete, so it jostled the car just a bit and slowly turned the wheels a little to the left. A rock assisted in turning the wheels just a bit more before Gunfire erupted from the rifles in the car's windows. For a brief second, the SWAT flinched at the sudden gunfire, but the returning volley was much more devastating.

The rifles in Chuck's car had been angled to purposely miss any person nearby. But the SWAT rifles were very properly aimed to kill -or so they thought- the occupants of the car. None of them were ready when the Detonator Chord and 5 pounds of C4 erupted in a fireball, sending the twisted remains of the rifles flying-one of which impaled a Police Car through the radiator. Windows shattered on the un-armored Police Cruisers and ears were ringing for an entire block. What was once a Cadillac was now a burning, warped hulk of blackened twisted steel.

My characters

inuboitoy
Thief

Post by inuboitoy » Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:00 pm

Max focused on his task at hand, he knew he had a time limit and the video had to be flawless. The entire trip they were driving he only offhandedly commented on what was being said. once they finally came to a stop he heard an exchange of words between the people and all was quiet. It was this quiet that scared him out of his concentration. he looked around and saw only Rose was there and they had stopped in some graveyard of broken hopes and dreams
"good lord where have these people taken us, where are the hotels, room service, bellhops..."
looking around with awestruck horror that he was actually supposed to stay here.
Veni, Vidi, Vici

Ksaa
Assassin

Post by Ksaa » Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:51 pm

Rose worked in tandem with Max, via her own AR. She kept modding, then re-modding the files, trying to make it as flawless as possible. All the while she kept 'tossing' the files back and forth over Chuck, syncing their edits, scenes, angles, and all other things they could think of. She sent him text to converse, so that the noise of their higher-level conversation both was not heard and, more politely, did not disturb the concentration of the driver.

The drive was long, she knew, but so focused on the editing, she failed to notice the wireless signal drop. She didnt really pay much attention the chatter about them, as she had her focus-music playing in her AR set- only she could hear it. Max she assumed, as per normal, did the same thing. Before long, and long after the car stopped, they completed their work, and she released a tired sigh. of course, she first noticed the lack of connection. She panicked and began digging about for her Satlink. She hadnt been without an Uplink in.. how long has it been? i dont think i rightly remember...! She had it half-way set up before she began to actually notice the surroundings.

abandoned. distant. unused. She realized the last thing they needed was an uplink... it would draw everybody right in. Their game would be up. She cursed aloud and reluctantly began repacking her gear. She was shaking already form withdrawals. She had to have a chuckle at Max, just to sooth her nerve. After all he seemed to be going through the same withdrawals, though via lack of a bellhop and high-taste living.

She pulled herself out of the car. "I dont know about you, but i'm going to hell to sleep. it's been a day." She approached the aircraft, and was about to knock, but stilled her paw. odd, but distinct sounds caught her ear. She flushed as her ears laid back in embarrassment. She decided not to interrupt. Besides, a more secure location than with the ones you're trying to secure against was best.

She looked at the office, and decided she was too tired for the effort to lug her stuff to it. "camper it is, then..." After pulling out all the various sleeping places she put a bug camera watching the door. Set with facial recognition, she directed a program to watch for motion and wake her. Her glasses had turned clear as night fell, making them appear to be actual glasses. She folded them and placed them securely, in a corner between her and the wall, along with her pack of gear. Before actually sleeping she took account of the enclosed area. She fell asleep thinking of defensive strategies, just in fact. She also purposefully left her AR gloves on, for rapid protection if needed.
~Ksaa

Characters

materwolf
Omnipresence

Post by materwolf » Thu Jul 09, 2015 5:35 pm

From the nose to the Radio room in the bomber, everything looked well used and WWII with minimum modern upgrades such as a radar panel on the instrument panel. Once past the radio room and where the upper half of the bomb bay used to be, it was totally different. There was a King Size old-style covered bed, the walls were covered in insulation and noise deadening soft pillowy looking fabric. There was an ornate rug covering the steel decking beneath the feet, and even dressers and end table. Karen and Jessie had been friends with benefits for a while, and well, they were having benefits that night to relieve stress.

The camper was an antique by anyone's standards. 25 foot, rectangular steel frame, reinforced-and knowing Jessie- Armored sheet metal and windoes. Painted red with a white stripe halfway up the side-to match the 1990 Chevrolet Suburban that was there. Inside it was close quarters. A bit dusty but otherwise clean. Canned goods and MREs, bottled water and a bottle of whiskey could be found in the cupboards and pantries. A bathroom that included a stand-up shower, a bunk bed and the 'living room' section of the camper at the front had a fold-out couch along all three walls. The living room had a dusty 32 inch flat screen TV mounted on the end of a cupboard and an old fashioned DVD player with a stack of old DVD cases on an end table. The couch had plenty of blankets and pillows draped to hide the green and brown and black rough upholstery.

Comfortable enough for 2 people, the camper was. however there wasn't any clothing inside in the drawers and cabinet spaces. A few rolls of toilet paper and a pair of clean, folded towels in the bathroom. The lights worked-if someone bothered to flick the switch marked "Generator". There was water, but it wouldn't be hot unless the generator was turned on of course.

Chuck had the worst housing of them all. An old Army cot in the back storage room-turned-sleeping space inside the office. Nothing in the room he slept in besides the cot, an end table, and a rolled up sleeping bag.
The rest of the office had WWII style desks, chairs and bare sheet metal and Plexiglas walls dividing the small space into 4 offices.

My characters

inuboitoy
Thief

Post by inuboitoy » Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:28 pm

Max got out of the car and followed suit he found a place to lay his head and then began setting up as much of a secured network as he could with rose. Of course her protests fell on deaf ears but he was not about to be without some type of comfort on this barren landscape. How this place even existed he had no clue. He was of the urban mindset everything needed to be built mechanized organized sanitized and into some form of concrete.

He spent hours building some form of technology haven for himself but feel asleep halfway through. He was balled up as a mere kitten would be. Wrapped into himself lightly snoring
Veni, Vidi, Vici