Welcome to the World of Feila!

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

New to the forum? Get started by reading general information about Feila and the rules of the forum.

Need help? Send a private message to RabidFox. The staff is always willing to assist users with questions and problems. There's also a thread for how to role-play.

Don't be shy. Feel free to start posting when you're ready. We have a friendly community that is more than happy to welcome you and invite you to role-play. And don't worry about all the informational threads! You only need minimal knowledge to role-play. There's no need to do lots of reading.

Role-players wanting to write role-playing posts under five sentences, see the One Liners board.

Check out our announcement forum, The World Court, for important information about what's going on in our community.

Want to chat with other Feilans? Check out our Discord server!

Seeking Fortune

Feilans have finally entered the realm of space in their solar system, a vast area, full of exotic planets and phenomena. The colonies created by the old Edwinish Party have developed into a new faction, the Dmitrians, whom are descended from Feilans, but whom have developed a separate cultural identity from their colonial forefathers. At the edge of the system lurks the formidable faction known as the Immortals, a group of furs whom have used technology to live forever, in a constant state of hostility with Feila and Dmitri, both of whom are on tense enough relations as it is. All natives are furry (Skin Avian are present here too). No native humans.
Alden
Spy
United States of America

Re: Seeking Fortune

Post by Alden » Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:51 pm

"Mine is Alfred", the otter said, offering his hand. He felt a bit awkward, seeing how the skipper was female. He had no problem with serving under a woman but it would be a first for him. He only hoped she'd be a good skipper and the pay would be good.

"So... Sakura.. What title do you prefer? Kapitan, skipper, mam,...or..?"
"I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."

Sponsor

Asyriel
God
United States of America

Post by Asyriel » Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:07 pm

Sakura offered a large smile, though it may have been unnerving considering it was full of very sharp teeth. She shook Alfred's hand with delighted enthusiasm. "It's a pleasure to meet you. "I'll probably have you helping with navigation....unless there's call to use the ship's weapon systems." She continued as she shut the hatch. His question caught her a little off guard, she hadn't thought about that particular subject before. "Um...well. Ma'am, or Sakura are fine as long as everybody follows orders and maintains civility." She replied. "Though it's probably best to go with Ma'am or Captain when we're around clients." She nodded to herself. "Yeah, that sounds good." She looked back at Alfred. "C'mon, I'll show you where the bunks are." She said before leading they way back the direction she and Theta had gone not too long ago. She showed Alfred the rooms. "Go ahead and pick whichever one suits you that isn't occupied." She offered.

Alden
Spy
United States of America

Post by Alden » Tue Mar 07, 2017 4:12 pm

"Danke mein dame kapitan", Alfred said with a grin. "I'll have a look at the living quarters then, and perhaps you can show me my station afterwards?"
The otter did not even flinch at seeing the dragoness' toothy smile, and if anything seemed glad to see it. He reached into one of his coat pockets and whipped out a small data chip, checked it over, and then handed it to Sakura. "This is a set of charts that I could add to your ship's computer with your permission. It has a lot of interesting bits that you won't find on your average star map."
"I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
I will face my fear.

Asyriel
God
United States of America

Post by Asyriel » Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:07 pm

"Sure, may as well." Sakura replied to Alfred's question. "Seems Theta is going to stay in her quarters for now anyway" She commented while she waited for Alfred to be ready. She took the chip Alfred offered, and looked it over for a moment before popping it into a Comm unit on her wrist. The Comm unit checked the chip for anything harmful before it ejected the chip and she handed it back to Alfred. "Sure, if you like, thank you. Cockpit is this way." She said with a smile before leading the pair toward the front of the ship where the cockpit was. As they got inside, it was easy to tell it wasn't a standard design. There were redundancies for every system that were linked to the main station. "I designed it so that a single person can operate, and fly the ship on their own if need be." She commented as she led Alfred to the navigator's station. Here you go, the console itself if fairly standard design, shouldn't be too hard to get familiar with, though if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask." She said before she sat down at the main station and checked one last time to see if anyone else had answered her ad for additional crew members.

Alden
Spy
United States of America

Post by Alden » Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:21 pm

The otter examined the controls, checking the sensitivity of them. He wanted to get a feel for the craft. After messing around for a bit and growing accustomed to the navigation systems, Alfred got up from the console.

"So that's Nav... what about weapons?"
"I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
I will face my fear.

Asyriel
God
United States of America

Post by Asyriel » Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:08 pm

Sakura looked up from what she was doing, and looked at Alfred. "Huh?" It was a couple moments before she replied. "OH...right, weapons. She pointed to a nearby ladder. "Up the ladder, I'd go with you, but there's really only enough room for one up there." She told him. "Just don't fire anything while we're still on the ground here." She said, assuming Alfred would go up and check things out.

The ladder led up to a Gunner's seat. All of the controls were mounted to the seat that seemed to be in a spherical room, and the seat itself was suspended so it could be spun around. There was a large section of the sphere that faced the same direction that would be forward travel for the ship where the outside was visible, the rest was covered in screens that would relay sensor data to give the gunner a full view of every angle around the ship.

Alden
Spy
United States of America

Post by Alden » Sat Apr 01, 2017 5:14 pm

Alfred climbed up the ladder, quickly, but with a sort of experienced grace. He gripped the ladder tightly as he climbed, almost seeming to expect a gravity change at any moment. Once he made his way to the top, he examined the controls, trying to ascertain the exact weapons fit of the vessel.
"I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
I will face my fear.

Asyriel
God
United States of America

Post by Asyriel » Sun Apr 02, 2017 4:49 pm

The ship seemed pretty well armed, for a light freighter. Looking over the weapons console revealed that there was a linked pair of railguns mounted on top and bottom of the ship. The railguns were supplemented by missile pods that were loaded with a small variety of warheads. Every weapon system could be easily accessed from the console Alfred was looking at, and the targeting software seemed to be quite state of the art.

"It doesn't look like we're going to be getting any more new crew members here." Sakura called up from the bottom of the ladder. "As soon as you're done up there, we may as well get the ship ready and head out."

Alden
Spy
United States of America

Post by Alden » Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:06 pm

The otter descended from the gun control pod, and then asked:
"So, what can I do to help? Seems to me like the ship is already nearly ready to take off."
"I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
I will face my fear.

Asyriel
God
United States of America

Post by Asyriel » Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:23 pm

Sakura looked up from the console in front of her, but didn't say anything immediately. She'd been running the ship by herself for so long that, for a few moments, she wasn't quite sure what she should have a crew member do.

"Well, I'm going to go through the final engine and controls checks. If you could go ahead and contact the dock, and verify our departure clearance, then get our trajectory plotted for getting out of here." It was pretty easy to tell that she was experienced with running the ship, and the procedures for arrival and departure. She did seem to be at a bit of a loss though when it came to giving orders to a crew.

Alden
Spy
United States of America

Post by Alden » Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:39 pm

"On it." The otter went over to the comm station, and completed the standard procedure quite quickly. It seemed this wasn't his first time completing this task for a civil freighter. As he bent over the comm station, the grip of his pistol became more visible, and it became apparent that it was wooden, which was very odd in this age.
"I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
I will face my fear.

Asyriel
God
United States of America

Post by Asyriel » Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:25 am

"Thank you." Sakura replied. She caught a glimpse of the pistol grip as she glanced over a shoulder to make sure he wasn't having any problems with the task. She noted the oddity, but now wasn't the time to bring it up. With the checks completed, and the engines running, it was time to go. She engaged the thrust vectoring system, and the ship picked up off the ground. She took hold of the controls, and smoothly guided the ship out of the docking area and out to the launch pad.

Once they were out, she made a couple minor adjustments, and threw the throttle open. The ship launched forward, and up as Sakura moved it onto their escape trajectory. It wasn't long before they were away from the moon, and out into open space.

"Can you lock us into a course for the mining asteroid Valen 3 please?" She asked Alfred. "Got a shipment for Dmitri to pick up from there." She finished.

Once the course was locked, she got up from her seat, and set the console for shipwide alerts if anything were to change that the autopilot couldn't correct.

Alden
Spy
United States of America

Post by Alden » Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:30 pm

After locking in the course, Alfred double-checked the nav coordinates manually. It was simply an old habit of his.

Once this was complete, he bent down next to his station and grabbed a large briefcase and set it on the table. He opened it, and quickly checked it's contents. Afterwards, he shut the briefcase, and then began watching all the sensor and navigational data. It was clear he didn't entirely trust this route or the computer to do much for him.
"I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
I will face my fear.

Asyriel
God
United States of America

Post by Asyriel » Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:50 am

Sakura had made her way across the cockpit, and to the doorway out to the rest of the ship when she turned around after realizing that Alfred wasn't behind her.

"Everything okay?" She asked. "No need to worry about the AI navigations. I've been runnin this ship by myself for a couple years. Had no choice but to rely on them, gotta sleep sometime right? I've never had a problem with them, an alarm will go off if there are any issues."

She waited for Alfred before she spoke again. "So tell me about yourself. You have some interesting things, and I'm sure they each have a story."

Alden
Spy
United States of America

Post by Alden » Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:28 pm

The otter got up from the chair, and from his expression it was apparent that he was a little flustered that Sakura had noticed.
"I'm alright, just an old habit."

"My story is pretty simple. I served in the navy for about.... 11 years. By the end I'd made the rank of Fregattenkapitan. I suppose the Edwinish equivalent would be Commander. Wasn't a terribly eventful career though I did see a bit of action."

He shrugged.

"Not much else to say really."
"I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
I will face my fear.