Welcome to the World of Feila!

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

New to the forum? Get started by reading general information about Feila and the rules of the forum.

Need help? Send a private message to RabidFox. The staff is always willing to assist users with questions and problems. There's also a thread for how to role-play.

Don't be shy. Feel free to start posting when you're ready. We have a friendly community that is more than happy to welcome you and invite you to role-play. And don't worry about all the informational threads! You only need minimal knowledge to role-play. There's no need to do lots of reading.

Role-players wanting to write role-playing posts under five sentences, see the One Liners board.

Check out our announcement forum, The World Court, for important information about what's going on in our community.

Want to chat with other Feilans? Check out our Discord server!

Seeking Fortune

Feilans have finally entered the realm of space in their solar system, a vast area, full of exotic planets and phenomena. The colonies created by the old Edwinish Party have developed into a new faction, the Dmitrians, whom are descended from Feilans, but whom have developed a separate cultural identity from their colonial forefathers. At the edge of the system lurks the formidable faction known as the Immortals, a group of furs whom have used technology to live forever, in a constant state of hostility with Feila and Dmitri, both of whom are on tense enough relations as it is. All natives are furry (Skin Avian are present here too). No native humans.
Asyriel
God
United States of America

Re: Seeking Fortune

Post by Asyriel » Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:44 am

Sakura cocked her head a little. "If you'd made it that far up the ranks, why leave?" She asked as she led the way to the area of the ship that served as the galley. She started digging through things, and eventually set to making herself a cup of coffee. "You want anything?" She asked Alfred as she waited for her coffee to brew.

"This run should be fairly quick. We just gotta pick something up from the mining asteroid and drop it off for a client in Dmitri" She started to explain their current job.

Sponsor

Alden
Spy
United States of America

Post by Alden » Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:18 pm

"Coffee would be nice.", Alfred replied after ignoring her first question.

"What is the exact cargo?", he asked. "It's not entirely uncommon for pirates to watch trade routes for ships leaving the mining asteroids, and often they have inside information about cargo manifests. So it might serve us well to be aware of the cargo, and the likelihood that they might desire it"
"I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."

Asyriel
God
United States of America

Post by Asyriel » Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:22 pm

"Sure." Sakura replied as the cup of coffee she was fixing finished brewing. She set the cup on the table for Alfred, and started brewing a second cup. "don't know if you take creamer or sweetener." She commented as she worked on the second cup. Once the second cup was brewing, she moved over to another storage compartment and pulled out sweetener and creamer. She set them out on the table, and grabbed her own cup of coffee. She moved over to the table, and took a seat before she began stirring sweetener, and creamer into her coffee, her expression contemplative as she did.

"Well..." She said before taking a drink from her cup, seemingly unphased by the fact that it was still quite hot. "...The only thing going on the manifest is a few tons of refined metals." She told Alfred. "and that's mostly what we're picking up. There is, however, one item we will be transporting that will not be on the manifests." She smiled briefly. "That's where we're making the real money." She added. "Shouldn't take us more than a couple days to get there."

Alden
Spy
United States of America

Post by Alden » Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:41 pm

"Danke." Alfred said as he took his coffee. "I suppose I don't need to know exactly what it is or else you'd tell me."

"In any case, I don't think pirates will give us any trouble, and if they do....." Alfred trailed off, sliding a paw down and unbuttoning his holster flap. He drew his pistol out, and set it in front of him on the table. It was now even more obvious that this was no conventional weapon. The polished dark wooden grips alone would have set it apart from its more common polymer-crafted counterparts. It looked simple mechanically, more like an antique firearm than one of the newer dart rifles. The barrel was of a rather large diameter, 13mm in fact. The gun-barrel itself was of simple steel with a chrome inner liner. However, it's assembly was thick, far more so than even most of the larger antique handguns.
"I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
I will face my fear.

Asyriel
God
United States of America

Post by Asyriel » Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:21 pm

"It's a data chip...I'm not privy to it's contents though." She replied. She nodded as Alfred expressed that it wan't likely that they would encounter pirates. She looked at the weapon he placed on the table. Unfortunately, she wasn't well versed in firearms of any kind as she never used them. All she could tell was that it was unique from an other's she had seen. She nodded for a moment before she spoke. "Just don't fire it on the ship if you don't have to please." She told him. "lots of delicate and important parts behind the paneling." She said with a smile. "Though, please forgive my ignorance in this, how is a single gun going to make that much of a difference?" She asked curiously. "I almost never deal with them."

Alden
Spy
United States of America

Post by Alden » Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:03 pm

"I meant it more as a symbolic gesture, in that I think with the weapons of this ship, we shouldn't have any trouble with smaller pirate craft." The otter explained. "I've heard rumors of rather large pirate vessels- armored cruisers and the like, but have yet to conform the more recent sightings"
"I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
I will face my fear.

Asyriel
God
United States of America

Post by Asyriel » Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:00 pm

Sakura laughed. "with any luck any pirates will see the weaponry and turn the other way." She agreed "This baby has a few tricks up her sleeves too in case we encounter anything we can't fight." She said with a wink. She looked back down at the gun, then back at Alfred. "Well, you seem pretty proud of it either way. You going to tell me about it?" She grinned a small impish grin "Guys like to talk about their guns right?" She lightly teased.

Alden
Spy
United States of America

Post by Alden » Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:09 pm

"Not so much proud of it as confident in its abilities, and my own." Alfred explained. "It's based off an experimental weapon from the 1960s, but its extensively modernized. It is essentially a gyrojet- it fires spin-stabilized rocket propelled rounds, so it will work in a vacuum. Recoil is rather minimal, even though the cartridge is actually a tad larger than 12.7mm. The original design had accuracy issues, but this model has rectified that, and also increased the magazine size a bit."
"I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
I will face my fear.

Asyriel
God
United States of America

Post by Asyriel » Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:43 pm

Sakura nodded as Alfred explained his weapon. She wasn't much with firearms, but it was fascinating from an engineering standpoint, making a rocket that was small enough to be fired by a handheld weapon while keeping in potent enough to be worthwhile. While she felt a rocket was a bit 'overkill' for the tight quarters any kind of fight on a ship would be, it was probably a handy thing for larger areas. "well, it's definitely unique from anything else I've seen." She replied with a smile. "So, we've got some time to kill, what would you like to do?" she asked as she finished her cup of coffee.

((Don't know if you want to continue the interaction, or skip to their arrival at their destination.))

Alden
Spy
United States of America

Post by Alden » Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:02 pm

(Either way is fine, I'll leave it up to you)
"I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
I will face my fear.

Asyriel
God
United States of America

Post by Asyriel » Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:33 pm

Things on the ship quickly fell into a fairly easy routine. Periodic checks on the ships course and systems along with occasional bits of upkeep. They had plenty of time to get better acquainted, or pursue personal time. It wasn't a long trip, and just shy of 48 hours after leaving their last port, an alert went off through the ship, the neutral computerized voice announcing. "Approaching destination. Please prepare for docking sequence."

Sakura was in the cargo bay, in a portion of it that she had set up as a workout space. She had shed her usual flight suit down to a tanktop, and short, tight fitting shorts. Her muscles bunched and strained against the heavy resistance bands she was using. She looked up as the alert went off. "Already?" She muttered to herself. "lost track of time." She continued as she grabbed a nearby towel, and wiped her muzzle before grabbing her flight suit, and heading for the cockpit.

Once she arrived in the cockpit, she flipped the main command station out of standby mode. Started pulling her flight suit back on, hopping awkwardly for a moment as one of her feet tangled in it's leg of the suit. She eventually got the suit pulled the rest of the way on, and sat down, ready for the final procedures of getting the ship to their destination, and docked.

Alden
Spy
United States of America

Post by Alden » Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:21 pm

Alfred had spent the first few hours disassembling and cleaning his pistol, along with much of his other supplies. When the docking announcement came over the intercom, he'd been writing in a very battered journal for several hours.

He quickly put his jacket back on, and holstered his pistol, and headed up to the cockpit. He arrived just as Sakura was putting her flight suit back on. He fidgeted awkwardly in the doorway, and then after a moment, entered.
"I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
I will face my fear.

Asyriel
God
United States of America

Post by Asyriel » Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:26 pm

Sakura looked over her shoulder at Alfred, entering the cockpit as she finished zipping up her flight suit. "Great, you're here. Can you contact the docking station to get docking authorization, and find out which dock we need to use?" She asked as she sat down, and took control of the ship for their final approach.

Alfred received an automated reply telling them to use dock 3. getting an automated message instead of an actual person was a little unusual, but not unheard of. The docking confirmation code was sent, and there didn't seem to be any complications.

Sakura carefully guided the ship into their designated docking area. The ship settled down easily, and Sakura got up from her controls. She set the ship into a low power standby mode, and smiled at Alfred. "Ready to get this done?" She asked before heading for the cargo bay. She got the cargo doors open, and the ramp down.

Now that they could see out of the ship, there was a strange absence of people there at the dock. There was a shipment sitting there, ready to go with a manifest that matched what they were supposed to be picking up, but nobody was there to document the transfer of possession. It was eerily quiet as well, only the general background hum of life support systems an machinery; there were no voices.

Alden
Spy
United States of America

Post by Alden » Tue May 02, 2017 2:56 pm

Alfred eyed the cargo cautiously, expecting either a trap or shady dealings. He consciously avoided putting his paw near his concealed holster as he looked about the docking area.

"Something feels a bit off here, and I'm not sure that it's just the empty dock.", He muttered as he headed toward the ramp.
"I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
I will face my fear.

Asyriel
God
United States of America

Post by Asyriel » Wed May 03, 2017 2:27 pm

Sakura approached the crates, and inspected them more closely. Everything about the crates seemed fine, nothing seemed amiss about the crates themselves. "Yeah, there should be more activity around here...especially for a mining station." She commented as she found a nearby piece of equipment to move the crates with. "We may as well get these loaded, then have a look around." She said as she got the first crate lifted. She gave a soft grunt as she pushed to get things moving up the cargo ramp and into her ship. After a few moments, she returned from the ship's cargo bay to repeat the process, pushing the second crate into the ship.

With the cargo, at least loaded into the ship, she emerged again, stepping up next to Alfred. "Ready to have a look around?" She asked quietly. "We have to go pick up the last piece of cargo anyway." She added, clarifying that going further into the mining station would be necessary to complete their current job.