Welcome to the World of Feila!

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

New to the forum? Get started by reading general information about Feila and the rules of the forum.

Need help? Send a private message to RabidFox. The staff is always willing to assist users with questions and problems. There's also a thread for how to role-play.

Don't be shy. Feel free to start posting when you're ready. We have a friendly community that is more than happy to welcome you and invite you to role-play. And don't worry about all the informational threads! You only need minimal knowledge to role-play. There's no need to do lots of reading.

Check out our announcement forum, The World Court, for important information about what's going on in our community.

Want to chat with other Feilans? Check out our IRC channel!

Seeking Fortune

Feilans have finally entered the realm of space in their solar system, a vast area, full of exotic planets and phenomena. The colonies created by the old Edwinish Party have developed into a new faction, the Dmitrians, whom are descended from Feilans, but whom have developed a separate cultural identity from their colonial forefathers. At the edge of the system lurks the formidable faction known as the Immortals, a group of furs whom have used technology to live forever, in a constant state of hostility with Feila and Dmitri, both of whom are on tense enough relations as it is. All natives are furry (Skin Avian are present here too). No native humans.
Asyriel
God
United States of America

Re: Seeking Fortune

Post by Asyriel » Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:48 pm

Sakura winced a little as Alfred stared, then made a comment about the heads floating out of the ship. 'should not have done that.' She mentally scolded herself as she tried to come up with some sort of an explanation. "Oh, uh. things like that sometimes happen around me." She replied. It was a terribly lame explanation, but she wan't quite thinking straight at the moment. This was her first time seeing anything like the terrible scene that was playing out in her own ship.

"Oh no, there's more in that crate too?" She asked with some obvious dismay when Alfred opened up the second shipping container, and commented on it's contents. "What was going on here?" She asked the open air as she tried her best to settle herself.

Sponsor

Alden
Spy
United States of America

Post by Alden » Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:58 pm

The otter grimaced. "Hopefully nothing..... unnatural.. is going on. I'd hate to have to deal with some nasty unknown creature or something like that." He scratched thoughtfully at his eyepatch for a moment before continuing. "People are easy enough to deal with, you can either reason with em or plug them full of holes..... but monsters.....that's an unknown factor. That being said, I think we're dealing with people here, as gruesome as all this is."
"I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."

Asyriel
God
United States of America

Post by Asyriel » Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:25 pm

"I don't know, and I don't think I really want to know." Sakura replied. "I have the unfortunate feeling that we're not going to be that lucky." She said with a sigh. "Judging by the way that lab was ransacked where nothing else was, I think we may have what....whoever did this...wants." She paused. "Well, unless we're lucky and they wanted something else that they already got." She shook her head after another moment's pause. "We should get the..the body parts...off the ship though." She shuddered at the thought of picking the severed hands, and heads up to remove them from the ship.

Alden
Spy
United States of America

Post by Alden » Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:53 am

Seeing the dragoness' unease, Alfred said: "Don't worry about the nasty bits, I'll take care of that." The otter grimaced and began to pile up the heads and hands, and carried them over to one of the station's airlocks. He placed them inside and sealed the door, after which he mumbled a short prayer, and then depressurized the chamber, sending the body parts floating out into the void beyond. As he completed this and watched the parts drift off, Sakura could see him cover his sole remaining eye, and shake his head violently. He looked back out, and then repeated this.
"I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
I will face my fear.

Asyriel
God
United States of America

Post by Asyriel » Sun Jul 02, 2017 5:54 pm

Sakura shuddered again as she watched Alfred gather up the heads and hands, and take them to one of the airlocks. "Thank you." She said quietly as Alfred watched the body parts drift out into space. She watched his reaction for a moment before speaking again. "Something wrong?" She asked. "I mean aside from the obvious problem of having to jettison body parts." She clarified. "We should probably get out of here." She commented as she headed back on to the ship to get it ready to leave. "We should probably be extra alert as we head out too....just in case whoever did this is waiting somewhere nearby." She added as she started getting the ship switched out of standby mode and ready to take off again.

Alden
Spy
United States of America

Post by Alden » Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:48 pm

(Sorry about the wait)

The otter shuddered slightly, before realizing Sakura had seen the motion. "Oh... err... Its nothing. Just this old eye seeing things."
He followed her back aboard the ship and quickly hopped into his seat. "You planning on reporting this?" He asked, looking at her curiously.
"I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
I will face my fear.

Asyriel
God
United States of America

Post by Asyriel » Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:26 pm

Sakura frowned a bit at Alfred's reply. "Well...okay." She replied. Had she known the otter longer, she may have pushed the point. She didn't know him well though, so accepted his answer, not wanting to upset her companion any more.

She had been a little lost in her own thoughts when Alfred asked about reporting what had happened. "Probably should, but I'm not sure it's a good idea to do it from here, I'm not sure I want to do it at all." She paused in thought for a moment. "Maybe something anonymous once were out of the immediate area." She decided.

"We should get going." She said as she got the ramp closed up, and worked on getting the containers closed back up. With everything closed back up, she started heading for the cockpit. "Ready to go?" She called over her shoulder as she went.

Alden
Spy
United States of America

Post by Alden » Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:34 pm

"I agree. If we transmitted a report from here, it would be easier for who ever did this to track us, or at least they'd know when we were here, and they could estimate where our next destination may be and when we'd arrive." He shrugged. "There didn't seem to be anyone or anything still at the station other than our cargo, so I'm not really sure who it was. If it were pirates, they would have taken the cargo."

"I reckon we should prepare for potential combat and get moving as quickly as possible."
"I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
I will face my fear.