Welcome to the World of Feila!

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

New to the forum? Get started by reading general information about Feila and the rules of the forum.

Need help? Send a private message to RabidFox. The staff is always willing to assist users with questions and problems. There's also a thread for how to role-play.

Don't be shy. Feel free to start posting when you're ready. We have a friendly community that is more than happy to welcome you and invite you to role-play. And don't worry about all the informational threads! You only need minimal knowledge to role-play. There's no need to do lots of reading.

Role-players wanting to write role-playing posts under five sentences, see the One Liners board.

Check out our announcement forum, The World Court, for important information about what's going on in our community.

Want to chat with other Feilans? Check out our Discord server!

Seeking Fortune

Feilans have finally entered the realm of space in their solar system, a vast area, full of exotic planets and phenomena. The colonies created by the old Edwinish Party have developed into a new faction, the Dmitrians, whom are descended from Feilans, but whom have developed a separate cultural identity from their colonial forefathers. At the edge of the system lurks the formidable faction known as the Immortals, a group of furs whom have used technology to live forever, in a constant state of hostility with Feila and Dmitri, both of whom are on tense enough relations as it is. All natives are furry (Skin Avian are present here too). No native humans.
Alden
Spy
United States of America

Re: Seeking Fortune

Post by Alden » Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:24 pm

Alfred quickly eyed the missiles, praying that they would have a proximity fuse mode. As he did so, he traversed the railguns, taking a snapshot at the closest enemy ship. The extreme velocity of the rail gun slugs should allow him to take accurate shots, even against fast moving targets.
"If we can get rid of the smaller ships, we might be able to disable the larger ship's sensors with the scramblers you mentioned." He proposes, having hit the first craft.
"I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."

Sponsor

Asyriel
God
United States of America

Post by Asyriel » Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:21 pm

The other ships broke into much more evasive maneuvers. They seemed reluctant to fully engage before their backup arrived. "Yeah, but what if they're carrying more smaller ships on that thing?" Sakura replied. "If we can just hold them off a bit longer, we can outrun them." She continued. The dull thrum that had filled the ship before seemed to be intensifying. "The big drive is almost up and ready to go."

Alden
Spy
United States of America

Post by Alden » Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:15 pm

"Good... I think we should cut and run while the going is still good."
He took another few shots at the smaller craft before swiveling the turret to face the larger craft. Alfred lined up a shot on one of its engines, taking his time and making small adjustments. "Hope you'll have that drive online, because they are about to be pretty angry!" He fired a few slugs at the larger ship's starboard main engine, hoping to interfere with its ability to maneuver or get it to back off. "Say.... what sort of warheads do you have in those missiles?"
"I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
I will face my fear.

Asyriel
God
United States of America

Post by Asyriel » Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:06 pm

Sakura nodded in agreement, even if Alfred couldn't see her at the moment. "yeah...as soon as we can." She replied as she maneuvered the ship to give them a clear shot out. Even as the ship changed orientation, Alfred's turret continued to track his target so he didn't lose sight of it. The thrumming sound transitioned into a whine that steadily climbed in pitch. "They're a dual charge." She replied to his question of warheads. "First one penetrates, then the second explodes inside, at least that's how they're supposed to work. Depends how thick their armor is though." She explained. The whine topped out, then there was a secondary whir before a dull thud filled the ship. The whine disappeared as a strange wave rippled through the ship. "We're up, let's get out of here." She called before the ship accelerated. The large ship that had confronted them was quickly a tiny dot, then gone altogether.

Alden
Spy
United States of America

Post by Alden » Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:13 pm

The otter let out a little sigh, somewhat relieved that they seemed to have escaped. Regardless, he didn't leave his post. "While tracking technology isn't too commonly used.... we should check the cargo, and really the whole ship over as soon as we can." He thinks for a moment, grumbling to himself. "No sense in letting them follow us if we can help it." Alfred paced a little, staying in arms reach of the weapon controls.
"I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
I will face my fear.

Asyriel
God
United States of America

Post by Asyriel » Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:41 pm

"Yeah, cargo first. It's the most likely place something would have been hidden." She agreed as she got the ships automated navigation system programed and set so she could get up and head into the cargo bay of the ship. "They're not likely to catch us unless we slow down, but we don't need them catching us at our destination." She continued as she got up from her seat, feeling a little shaky, and started toward the ship's cargo bay. "I just wish I knew who they were, and exactly what they were after." She commented as she stared at the cargo containers for a few moments. She knew that the grisly surprises had been cleaned out, but she still wasn't looking forward to looking in those containers again. Eventually she sighed, and opened the first container.

Alden
Spy
United States of America

Post by Alden » Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:02 am

"I'll watch the ship while you take care of that." The otter said, watching her head back to the cargo bay. He kept looking back and forth between the forward viewport and the sensor screens. After sometime of seeing nothing, he started to whistle an old marching tune. (which would be closest to die Wacht am Rhein)

After a little while longer, he shouted down. "Find anything yet?"
"I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
I will face my fear.

Asyriel
God
United States of America

Post by Asyriel » Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:02 pm

Sakura shrugged when Alfred said he would watch the ship. The ship didn't really need watching at this point, but she wasn't going to argue it. She could get the task of checking through the cargo finished quicker without him there anyway.

She sighed as she looked into the first cargo container and nothing of not caught her eye. "of course nothing would be where it could be easily spotted." She grumbled to herself. She looked intently at the cargo for a few moments and it began to shift, and lift up all as one. She stepped back from the container, and the cargo continued to lift out of it. The cargo drifted to a clear spot in the bay then tumbled to the floor in a loud clatter. Pieces were moved until everything was spread out enough that any kind of transmitter hidden with the cargo could be found.

Sakura was poking through the contents of the first container when Alfred's voice drifted back to her. "Not yet." She called back. "But I've only gotten as far as the contents of the first container so far. I haven't checked the inside of the container itself yet." She replied as she continued looking. "This may take a little while. You're more than welcome to come back too, the ships navigation systems will be fine for a while...I used to run this thing by myself and everybody's gotta sleep sometime ya know."

Alden
Spy
United States of America

Post by Alden » Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:14 am

The otter stayed awake for quite a while, aimlessly looking out the view ports. Hours passed, and he still remained at his post, humming a bit to himself every so often. Eventually, he just fell asleep, still seated at his station. He murmured in his sleep, and his rudder-like tail twitched erratically. Despite this, he was still asleep by the time Sakura awoke.
"I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
I will face my fear.

Asyriel
God
United States of America

Post by Asyriel » Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:42 pm

Sakura continued to dig through the cargo, looking for any tracking beacons. After she searched the cargo from the first container, she tipped the container itself to check the bottom side. She found nothing. "Great...now I have to clean this mess up and check the other." She grumbled to herself as she sat down with a huff. She stared at the mess for a while before she got back to her feet. "Well, it's not going to take care of itself." She muttered, though she did have ways of making the process easier for herself, especially since Alfred had elected not to come back to the hold and help. She stared at the container, and after a moment, it lifted and righted itself. With the container back upright, the cargo began moving into a single pile then lifted, and dropped back into the container.

She took a deep breath before looking at the second container. "Well, time for round two." She said before repeating the process she had gone through with the first one. This time she found a false bottom in the container. "Ha Ha, there we are!" She exclaimed before the opened the false bottom and found the beacon. "I found it!" She announced, mostly out of excitement. "Now to figure out what to do with it." She had a couple ideas, but was debating just what she wanted to do."

Alden
Spy
United States of America

Post by Alden » Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:39 pm

When Sakura returned, the otter was snoring away at his station, his coat on the chairback and his clothes generally askew. His muzzle rested against the wall in front of him. He seemed some how more twitchy asleep than awake, squirming and actually squeaking in his sleep. His paws occasionally shifted as if he were firmly gripping the hilt of a blade.
"I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
I will face my fear.

Asyriel
God
United States of America

Post by Asyriel » Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:26 am

Sakura watched Alfred for a few moments while he slept at his station. Can't be comfortable. Should have gone to his room to sleep. She thought to herself before taking a seat and staring at the beacon, trying to decide just what she wanted to do with it. Her attention was drawn away from that particular dilemma as Alfred started squeaking and squirming in his sleep. Now she was presented with a new dilemma. Should she wake him from what seemed to be nightmares, or let him continue, and hope he worked himself out of it.

Eventually she decided to wake him up. Maybe he would have a suggestion to help with her other dilemma. She reached out, and gently poked at his shoulder. "Alfred." She said softly. "Wake up. I need help figuring out what to do with this thing."

Alden
Spy
United States of America

Post by Alden » Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:10 pm

Alfred didn't wake up, but instead twisted around while somehow still asleep. The squirming and such stopped, but he grabbed her waist with a paw, nuzzling against the dragoness. The now much calmer otter continued his sleep, with an arm wrapped around the dragoness and he snuggled against her, now at peace. His breathing was more steady again, and he seemed much more comfortable with her there.
"I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
I will face my fear.

Asyriel
God
United States of America

Post by Asyriel » Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:01 am

Sakura was a little surprised when Alfred didn't wake up, but not near as surprised as she was when he reached out and grabbed her by the waist. She was surprised enough that she actually let out a squeak, and didn't resist as he pulled her closer. Her scales darkened several shades, and she stiffened all the way down to the tip of her tail as the otter's muzzle nearly ended up between her legs in his nuzzling.

She worked for a few moments to get her breathing back under control, and to try to get the blushing to fade from her scales, she was ultimately glad he wasn't awake to see her in such a state. She looked down at how peacefully he was now sleeping and sighed to herself. "I suppose this thing can wait a couple more hours." She muttered to herself as she did her best to make herself comfortable without moving too much while she waited to see how much longer Alfred would end up sleeping.

Alden
Spy
United States of America

Post by Alden » Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:33 pm

A few hours later, the otter slowly awoke, groggily blinking. He didn't realize who or what he was holding at first and just mumbled. "Mmmm...... you have some great pillows Sakura...." as he leaned back against her, actually thinking she'd put out some pillows for him. He closed his eyes again for a moment before suddenly realizing what he was actually leaning on and holding.

A deep blush colored the skin under his fur and he quickly released the dragoness from his grip, and hurriedly pulled away from her. "I'm so sorry miss! I....I didn't mean to do that." He stammers, looking at his paws in embarrassment.
"I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
I will face my fear.