Welcome to the World of Feila!

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

New to the forum? Get started by reading general information about Feila and the rules of the forum.

Need help? Send a private message to RabidFox. The staff is always willing to assist users with questions and problems. There's also a thread for how to role-play.

Don't be shy. Feel free to start posting when you're ready. We have a friendly community that is more than happy to welcome you and invite you to role-play. And don't worry about all the informational threads! You only need minimal knowledge to role-play. There's no need to do lots of reading.

Role-players wanting to write role-playing posts under five sentences, see the One Liners board.

Check out our announcement forum, The World Court, for important information about what's going on in our community.

Want to chat with other Feilans? Check out our Discord server!

Seeking Fortune

Feilans have finally entered the realm of space in their solar system, a vast area, full of exotic planets and phenomena. The colonies created by the old Edwinish Party have developed into a new faction, the Dmitrians, whom are descended from Feilans, but whom have developed a separate cultural identity from their colonial forefathers. At the edge of the system lurks the formidable faction known as the Immortals, a group of furs whom have used technology to live forever, in a constant state of hostility with Feila and Dmitri, both of whom are on tense enough relations as it is. All natives are furry (Skin Avian are present here too). No native humans.
Alden
Spy
United States of America

Re: Seeking Fortune

Post by Alden » Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:27 pm

The otter blushed and looked at his feet. "Well... eh..." He fumbled with the suit for a moment. "I uh.. I had a bit of a flashback. That's all." He glanced down at his feet again. "Sorry." Alfred shifted his weight from foot to foot, nervously watching Sakura's face and trying to gauge her reaction. The otter hoped that answer would suffice- he'd rather not go into personal detail about this.
"I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."

Sponsor

Asyriel
God
United States of America

Post by Asyriel » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:29 am

Sakura was listening carefully as Alfred started to tell her what he'd been dreaming about that had caused him grab her. She sighed though as the explanation was vague enough that he could have said nothing and she wouldn't have been any less enlightened. "Oh, ok." She replied. She shrugged when he apologized, and waved her hand in a dismissive gesture as she turned back toward the cockpit of the ship. "No problem. I should probably go double check our course." She said with much less enthusiasm than she'd spoke with before. It seemed pretty obvious to her that he didn't want to talk about anything personal so she headed back to her seat in the cockpit of the ship. Back to work. She double checked their course, and the time left to their destination. They still had the better part of another day before they would arrive.

Alden
Spy
United States of America

Post by Alden » Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:52 pm

The otter sighed, having noticed her disappointment with his answer. "If you really want to know, I'll tell ya." He blushed a bit and scratched the top of his head. "It... It was rough being in the navy. Especially back in the early days." He looked back down at his feet. "I... I lost a lot of friends. Emergency airlock seals wait for no one ya know." He fidgeted both embarrassed and a bit nervous but was too wrapped up in his thoughts to notice his poor state of dress at the moment. He rambled on for a moment, describing all the brutal ways he'd seen people die when he was in the service- blown apart by explosive shells, torn to bits by railguns or kinetic penetrators, crushed between ramming vessels, suffocated by faulty space suits- his list went on and on.
"I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
I will face my fear.

Asyriel
God
United States of America

Post by Asyriel » Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:40 pm

Sakura was, to say the least, slightly appalled by what Alfred told her. Not as much by the idea of death, but by the number he had witnessed. It was almost enough to make one wonder if the navy just had a terrible record, or if Alfred just had some really terrible luck.

"Well, I've got a pretty good safety record." She commented. "And I'm thorough with my maintenance so, there is that." she said, hoping that she was at least a little reassuring. As Alfred continued to list ways he'd seen people die, she felt deeply sympathetic. She wanted to let him know that he could stop listing, but she was unsure what to say. Finally, without thinking she just wrapped her arms around him in an embrace. "I'm sorry." She said quietly

Alden
Spy
United States of America

Post by Alden » Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:07 pm

The otter flushed a deep red under his fur, but wrapped his arms around her too, hugging her closely. "It's ok. I'm.... used to it now. I just want to ensure your safety on this voyage miss." His rudder tail swayed slowly behind him as he gently nuzzled her cheek. Alfred silently hoped he wasn't pushing things with his new boss, he needed the funds after all. "Well, I'm at your disposal till the end."
"I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
I will face my fear.

Asyriel
God
United States of America

Post by Asyriel » Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:03 pm

Sakura smiled as Alfred returned her embrace. She chuckled as he mentioned wanting to keep her safe. "Well, when it comes to ship issues, I should be the one keeping you safe. This is my ship after all, and I'm responsible for the upkeep and proper function." She was a bit surprised at the nuzzle, but returned it quickly. "Thank you for the sentiment, and the way things are going, there may be more than just possible malfunctions to worry about." She smiled as Alfred mentioned he was at her disposal. "Thank you, I don't think I want to face this job alone."

Sade
Dysuhlian >:C
Species: Toaster

Post by Sade » Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:52 pm

Till the end…

An alarm sounded as the Inari’s automated systems detected a new 4didar contact behind them, gaining on them in spite of the Inari’s incredible speed. Unusual speed was the least of the pursuer’s alarming characteristics. There could be no doubt that it was a pirate ship. Its bow borrowed from the seafaring ship designs of Feilan warships, its drive section more closely resembled something Dimitrians might build, and the whole thing had a viscerally gothic aesthetic to it; pointy, serrated, overtly hostile. And it was enormous. Even this, though, was not its most alarming feature.

While spacecraft do not fly physical flags for obvious reasons, they do exchange flags of a sort electronically. When the Inari’s communications system pinged the pursuer, the pursuer transmitted its ships seal. It was a seal few residents of Atalfa could have forgotten in spite of the intervening twenty years since it was last seen: A wyvern, wings spread, jaws gaping, fangs dripping blood. Spilt blood had conditioned people to fear that seal, and to fear the wolf behind it.

It was the seal of Robinson, a blight on Atalfa thought long dead and buried. The big old wolf had been uniquely cruel, ruthless, and violent in a way the fiercest pirates of recent times could not match. He was a menace thought vanquished decades ago.

The ship closing on them was none other than the Black Agony, Robinson’s huge flagship, straight out of legend. It was a ship whose precise capabilities were obscured by myth and hearsay. It was a ship whose arrival almost universally served as a death sentence.

But, it was pinging their comms. Apparently, Robinson- if it really was him- wanted to have a conversation first.

Alden
Spy
United States of America

Post by Alden » Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:38 pm

Alfred gulped, not so much out of fear of Robinson's ship, but more so because he knew the freighter didn't have the weapons to deal with such a vessel, nor the thrust to safely escape. The otter quickly glanced to Sakura. "Shall I try and transmit an emergency signal?" He asked, already heading for the com gear. He swiftly began to work, setting the equipment to broadcast on a number of frequencies- some standard, some old military ones he knew, and a few local frequencies as well. "You better decide now, as once they've stated their intent they won't take as kindly to me transmitting."
"I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
I will face my fear.

Asyriel
God
United States of America

Post by Asyriel » Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:00 am

The alarm alone wasn't enough to make Sakura terribly worried, but the ship identification that came with it was enough to nearly make her panic. Not only had a pirate ship caught them, it had caught UP with them. Sakura wasn't sure that any additional speed she could coax from her ship would be enough, and she knew she didn't have enough fire power on her ship to take on the infamous Black Agony.

She stood where she was for a moment, frozen by a combination of indecision and fear. She was beginning to lean toward the decision to go down with guns blazing rather than face whatever cruel tortures Robinson would come up with if they were captured. Alfred's question brought her out of her dark thoughts long enough to realize that Robinson's ship was actually trying to communicate.

"I don't think they'll take kindly to an emergency signal regardless of when we send it, but if we send it now, we may lose the chance to talk to our pursuers." She replied before opening the communications channel between Robinson's ship and her own. "This is the light freighter Inari, Captain Sakura Takhashi speaking." She said as the channel opened, barely keeping from cringing as she waited for the reply.

((Welcome back Sade. Always a pleasure to RP with you))

Sade
Dysuhlian >:C
Species: Toaster

Post by Sade » Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:39 pm

(Thanks! It's good to be back and roleplaying again.)

Low and behold, it really was Robinson on that other ship. Pirates of all eras through history dealt in fear and intimidation, and the wolf was no exception. Over his long life he had carefully cultivated his personality and appearance to that end, though, of course, the weapons of his many enemies had helped in their own way. The grizzled old wolf’s snout was crisscrossed by scars, his lips on the left side of that muzzle had been torn off, the teeth visible through the ragged gap substituted by vicious metal fangs. His eyes were sunken and ancient- so far as non-dragons went- but surprisingly lucid, and they shown a startlingly vivid yellow with reflected light. His face was framed by a still-full mane of thick coarse grey fur. It was more the face of a predator than a civilized man.

“I know who you are,” he growled, eyes full of calculation, “that is part of why you’re still alive. The other is that you have something which belongs to me.” He mimed holding something small between clawed robotic thumb and forefinger.

“I have a proposition for you, Captain. Come aboard and return my property, and we can discuss it.” He waved his prosthetic hand dismissively, “or don’t, and I will... find someone else.”

Alden
Spy
United States of America

Post by Alden » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:28 am

Alfred glanced at the pirate, not seeming too fazed by the wolf's predatory visage. He held a flat expression, forcing himself to neither flinch or smirk back at Robinson. There was, after all, no need to tip off the wolf as to how he felt. While the otter hadn't encountered Robinson in person before as he had been deployed in a sector far from the pirate's general area of operations, he was certainly aware of him by reputation. While he suspected much of it was exaggerated rumor, he was certainly not interested in fighting the pirate's vessel in a puny freighter, however well armed it may be.
He listened carefully to the pirate's words, and glanced over to Sakura, silently waiting for orders.
"I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
I will face my fear.