Welcome to the World of Feila!

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

New to the forum? Get started by reading general information about Feila and the rules of the forum.

Need help? Send a private message to RabidFox. The staff is always willing to assist users with questions and problems. There's also a thread for how to role-play.

Don't be shy. Feel free to start posting when you're ready. We have a friendly community that is more than happy to welcome you and invite you to role-play. And don't worry about all the informational threads! You only need minimal knowledge to role-play. There's no need to do lots of reading.

Check out our announcement forum, The World Court, for important information about what's going on in our community.

Want to chat with other Feilans? Check out our IRC channel or check us out on Discord!

The Clover Palace [With Asyriel and Maxwell]

The third most powerful nation of Feila, ruled by the Canine. The current system of government is Feudalist/Absolute Monarchy, with the monarch as the control of power and the aristocracy. It's military is fourth largest in number, and weaker than Gawain's or Edwin's. It consists of the Domus Army and Navy. It is geographically one of the smaller nations of Feila. Similar to Earth's medieval France.
Miko
Assassin
Species: Red Fox
France

The Clover Palace [With Asyriel and Maxwell]

Post by Miko » Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:23 am

After a half-day-long walk from the shrine, the three foxes got to the old royal palace main entrance by dusk, as planned. The entrance was an arch carved in the stone in-between two wall of a ravine. The sun was still colouring the sky with purple shades, but a humid breeze was starting to engulf into the ravine, soon to become cold to not say freezing. Through the arch, they could guess a long pathway with some stairs that was going into the dark, in the end of which should have been built the palace. However, near them were also carved house-like shelters into the walls. "When I made some researches about the place, it seemed that those shelters were used by merchants on the right, and guards on the left. It is like a city in the city. But why the palace has been built so deep in the ravine, that I don't know."

Miko looked behind him to gaze at the scenery, which was truly breath-taking. From their standing point, Chant-du-Cygne was clearly visible. Maybe they will find some documents about the reason why the capital has been moved from the mountains to the plains. It was not likely that it was for some agricultural or economical reasons, and it was before the first siege weaponry has been found. He sighted a little and then yawned. "What do you think about going to on of those shelters so we could rest ? We could find one that got sunlight long enough to be warm inside."

(I leave up to you if anything happen during night-time ^^)

Sponsor

Asyriel
God
United States of America

Re: The Clover Palace [With Asyriel and Maxwell]

Post by Asyriel » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:58 am

Natsuki took in their surroundings, and shivered a bit when the cold breeze blew through cutting easily through the fabric of her clothing, and even managing to get past her fur enough to touch her skin. "I'm all for using the shelters, It's likely to be a cold unpleasant night out here on the ground." She replied as she started making her way toward the ones that Miko had indicated originally served merchants. "I wonder if we could scrounge up enough wood for a fire." She mused as she continued to walk toward the shelters, assuming the others wouldn't be far behind.

Maxwell
Outlaw
United States of America

Post by Maxwell » Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:16 pm

"Shelter does seem like the best idea right now." Darwin was a bit tired from all the walking. He heard Natsuki's idea for a fire. He nodded, thinking a fire would be best right now. "You know from what I've learned from past experiances, the Dark can be a dangerous place without a source of light." As soon as he said that, a loud stomping came from inside one of the shelters, followed by a man screaming. A subtle growling noise, followed by the sound of crunching bone and sinew emitted from inside.

Darwin walked to the other shelter that did not have horrendous noises coming from it and said, "So, I assume this one?"
I really enjoy realistic sword fighting.

Character Sheet: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=7592&p=136853#p136853

Miko
Assassin
France

Post by Miko » Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:12 pm

All ears up, Miko looked at the place where the screaming came from. He gulped and shook his shoulders a bit. "A fire camp would give our position but we don't have a choice... I will prepare some magic traps here and there, so we won't be caught by surprise. So can one of you fetch for dry wood, while the other clean the shelter quickly?" Miko was hopping they would not follow the same fate than the man who screamed. He would have run to help him, but as everything became quiet again, he assumed the man died anyway. That was sad to say, but there was nothing they could do for now. He walked toward their shelter and looked around for good places to trap the area. He started with the general direction from where the scream came. With his bare paw, he drew complex glyphs on the ground to create some kind of dark landmine, strong enough to incapacitate any assaulter, but not to kill them right away in case Darwin or Natsuki would trip on it unintentionally. This would take him a whole hour to set up a good network of traps, which was enough time for one of the two to bring back wood.

Asyriel
God
United States of America

Post by Asyriel » Mon May 01, 2017 5:49 pm

Natsuki's ears perked straight up as she heard the scream from a nearby shelter. Her first instinct was to go to try to help whoever had been attacked, but the scream was cut short, and the sound of crunching bone and tearing flesh soon followed, and Natsuki decided there wasn't much point in attempting a rescue now. She instead headed with the others into an unoccupied shelter where she dropped her bag.

"I'll go get some wood." She said before heading back out into the twilight. There wasn't a whole lot, but she managed to scrounge up enough to feed a small fire for the evening. She dumped the wood in a pile in the center of the shelter, and started to build a small fire pit.

Maxwell
Outlaw
United States of America

Post by Maxwell » Fri May 05, 2017 7:05 pm

Natsuki looked as if she wanted to head for the shelter where the scream came from, but instead she turn, making Darwin give a slight sigh of relief. Darwin looked around as he entered the other shelter. Inside was desolate, but undisturbed. It looked as if nothing had been in here for a very long time. "I think this will be fine," he said. He sat down, thinking. Whatever made that noise wasn't human, but it wasn't something from that place... He looked back up at Miko and gave a pleasant smile. "So long as no one ventures in there, we'll be safe, I'm sure!"

Miko
Assassin
France

Post by Miko » Wed May 10, 2017 11:04 am

When he finished setting the traps around their shelter, he followed Natsuki inside and helped her digging the fire pit. While he could not use any fire magic, his light magic could fire up things as a focused sunbeam would. He looked at her, and remembered she was sensitive to magic and decided not to use it as long as they were that close. Luckily, the shelter had still a few flint stones and pyrite stones lying here and there, so he attempted to light the fire with it. It was the first time he as trying to do so and looked clumsy while hitting the two stones.

"I hope you're right. But let's stay prepared, just in case. Anyway..." he took his breath for a second, being annoyed by his own failure. "You remembered I asked you, Natsuki, a personal request? I let you thought it was for a girl that I wanted to record my voice, but it is for my sister. She is locked up in this... fucking Church all day long. And she needs her mind to be somewhat away from that place. Is it still ok for you? We could do this tonight." Miko was not paying attention to what he was doing, and thus he hit the stones in a way that they flew out of his paws to land just behind Darwin, without hurting him. He laughed at himself and wiped the sweat on his paws. "Well... once we'll get that fire up!"

Asyriel
God
United States of America

Post by Asyriel » Wed May 10, 2017 12:46 pm

"well, I don't plan on going in there." She replied to Darwin's comment. She had stacked the wood in the fire pit, and had been about to start the fire when Miko came over and tried to start it with flint. She gave him a slightly skeptical frown at he tried to spark a fire. "I remember." She replied as she wondered to herself how long he was going to attempt what he was doing before asking if anybody else had an easier way to go about it. "Well, being your sister implies that it is in fact a girl you want to sing for, just not in the romantic context I had thought it was....I hope." She paused for a moment, dodging one of the flying stones. "I don't mind playing tonight if you want." She replied. She chuckled when Miko mentioned getting the fire up. "Well, back up a bit then." She replied. Spellfire was raw magic, but she could create heat with it, which made starting a fire fairly easy for her as she channeled a small bit of spellfire into the tips of the first two fingers on her right paw. She stuck those fingers into the tinder, and it quickly sparked into a small fire that started slowly catching on the larger wood stacked over it. "There we go, now, whenever you're ready." She said as she shook her paw, and the spellfire extinguished.

Maxwell
Outlaw
United States of America

Post by Maxwell » Tue May 16, 2017 11:09 am

Darwin hadn't been paying attention to either Natsuki or Miko. He was interested in the history of this place. Not just the palace but the whole world. He'd only just arrived here, looking for someone. He heard the stones land just behind him, a bit startled. He gave a small chuckle at Miko's clumsiness. He looked back at his two companions. They seem like good people. He smiled to himself. Nothing like my previous companions.

((Didn't know what to write. Sorry for the wait, my brother is here and I don't like to write around him.))

Miko
Assassin
France

Post by Miko » Thu May 18, 2017 11:00 am

"Oooooh... So Spellfire can be used this way too! Is it something you could teach me one day?" Miko was genuinely asking, as if it was a game to him. He looked at Natsuki's paw, amazed by this raw form of magic. He was not understanding yet how it was working, but it was highly interesting. He shook his head to gather his mind and then searched in his pockets for two objects he put in front of him, on the ground: a ring with an amethyst gem mounted on it, and a rolled parchment. He unrolled it, revealing a poem he wrote himself along with what looked like a score. "I tried to write the music but I never studied it, so... well, it will give you an idea of what I wanted it to sound like. I was thinking about a guitar or any instrument like that." he said, while giving the score to Natsuki. He gave her the time to read the notes, to make some modifications, and to ready herself. Finally, he took the ring in his paw and focused a little to engrave a spell in it that would record their song.

"On four. One, two... one, two, three, four..."

(Here's the song: 26 - Paramore)

Asyriel
God
United States of America

Post by Asyriel » Sat May 20, 2017 10:53 am

"It can be used in a few different ways." Natsuki replied before shaking her head as Miko asked if she could teach him. "I have no idea. It's something I was born with, and I know very little about it besides what I've learned on my own through trial and error." She replied, trying not to show the little bit of discomfort she felt as being asked that particular question.

She was relieved when the subject shifted to Miko's song. She looked at the parchment, bobbing her head slightly from side to side as she ran through the tune in her head. "Hmm...well, the only instrument I have with me is my violin, but I think I can work it." She said as she pulled on a pair of gloves, and carefully dug into her pack. After a moment, she pulled out her violin case, and set it down in front of her. She removed the gloves before she opened the case, and pulled out her violin, and bow. She played a couple notes to check the tuning before she looked at Miko. She noticed what he was doing, and scooted herself back a few feet from him, she didn't want to have to concentrate on not absorbing whatever spell he was using while she played.

The song wasn't terribly complicated, and she made some minor changes to make it more suitable for the sound of the violin, but it sounded pretty good in the end. With that done, she fell into playing whatever struck her fancy. She looked over at Darwin while she played. "You're awfully quiet, what's up?" She asked him.

Maxwell
Outlaw
United States of America

Post by Maxwell » Thu May 25, 2017 11:47 pm

Darwin thought the song was pleasant. He listened quietly to the song. While he'd never heard the song before, it instilled a sense of nostalgia for him. He gave a slightly depressed sigh and looked down. He missed his home, and he missed his companions. He gave a small shake when Natsuki asked him if he was alright.
"Just, ah, a bit homesick."
He looked at Miko, "That was nice." He said.

Miko
Assassin
France

Post by Miko » Sun May 28, 2017 12:33 am

Darwin was not the kind to talk about himself, thought Miko. He eluded Natsuki's question with a vague answer, as if it was a very touchy subject. But yet he gently smiled at him and thanked him for his compliment. Miko did not want to force him to speak further, he had the right to keep his secrets after all. So he took the ring, and focused a little to reactivate the spell. Immediately, they could hear Natsuki's violin and his voice as if they were actually playing music for real. This was a trick he learned when he was a cub, quite useful to give messages through objects people would not notice. Or to bother a sister for fun.

Now that they settled, Miko grabbed his bag and pulled out some dried food he saved. He shared with Natsuki and Darwin by letting it at their reach, heated his with the fire, and ate with appetite. Trapping the area as quite energy consuming, maybe more than he expected in fact. "Well... we should get some sleep. I don't know what awaits us in there, but with those screams... I don't think it'll be pretty butterflies." While saying this, he took off his clothes but his boxer shorts, and used his cloak as a pillow to lay down the floor. He was not a modest person when it came to nudity, or even sexuality for say, and he did not bother to ask the two other if they would keep their clothes to sleep. "Do you think one of us should stay awaken?" he inquired instead. "Tomorrow morning, we will move to the main door through the pathway we saw earlier."

Asyriel
God
United States of America

Post by Asyriel » Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:50 pm

"Oh, so where's home?" Natsuki asked Darwin as she pulled out some flat bread, and cheese to add to what Miko had already set out for them to eat. She took some of the food for herself, and began eating. She didn't seem bothered by Miko's undressing, though she chose not to take of any of her own clothing. She preferred to sleep dressed when she slept more or less on the road. It added an extra layer of protection from the cold and elements, and she would be ready if she needed to get up and move quickly.

She pulled a bedroll from her pack, and laid it out not too far from the fire. "It probably wouldn't hurt to pull watch...all things considered." She commented when Miko asked if someone should stay awake.

Maxwell
Outlaw
United States of America

Post by Maxwell » Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:44 pm

"Home is gone." He said his voice dropping to a low, sinister tone. His eyes gave a brief red glow, and his face had a deadly serious look about it, but he closed his eyes. When he reopened them, he gave a weak, but warm smile.
"Eh, I'd rather not talk about it," he said.
Darwin had no qualms with Miko sleeping mostly undressed.
"I can stay on watch for a few hours. If you don't mind shifts, I'll wake one of you when I need sleep."
Darwin had no sleeping material, other than a large rock that he used as a support.