Welcome to the World of Feila!

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

New to the forum? Get started by reading general information about Feila and the rules of the forum.

Need help? Send a private message to RabidFox. The staff is always willing to assist users with questions and problems. There's also a thread for how to role-play.

Don't be shy. Feel free to start posting when you're ready. We have a friendly community that is more than happy to welcome you and invite you to role-play. And don't worry about all the informational threads! You only need minimal knowledge to role-play. There's no need to do lots of reading.

Role-players wanting to write role-playing posts under five sentences, see the One Liners board.

Check out our announcement forum, The World Court, for important information about what's going on in our community.

Want to chat with other Feilans? Check out our Discord server!

The Silk Road, pt. 1: Domish wine is smooth and fine. (open to all)

The third most powerful nation of Feila, ruled by the Canine. The current system of government is Feudalist/Absolute Monarchy, with the monarch as the control of power and the aristocracy. It's military is fourth largest in number, and weaker than Gawain's or Edwin's. It consists of the Domus Army and Navy. It is geographically one of the smaller nations of Feila. Similar to Earth's medieval France.
Asyriel
God
United States of America

Re: The Silk Road, pt. 1: Domish wine is smooth and fine. (open to all)

Post by Asyriel » Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:13 pm

Natsuki had seen the reactions of her companions, and was glad that she wasn't the only one left underwhelmed by the ferret's speech. She flashed a cheeky grin at them, and shrugged as she stepped away from the table, following the ferret.

She idly twirled her bow between fingers as the ferret brothers conversed, then shook her head as the guitarist suggest she sit as well. "No thank you, I prefer to stand." She replied with a small smile. She wanted to be able to be mobile while she played, especially if the crowd was going to be deciding the winner of this competition. She gave a smile and a nod as the rules were explained. "Sounds good." She replied. She listened as the ferret began to play, getting a feel for the music. She began to sway her hips back and forth in time with the music to keep the tempo. Things started off easily, and when it was her turn, she drew her bow across the strings of her violin in long fluid strokes. She took the song, keeping it slow and wove it to something that could easily invoke bittersweet reminiscence, bringing to her own mind visions of saying goodby to her family when she first left home.

Sponsor

weasel
Thief
United States of America

Post by weasel » Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:14 pm

The ferret closed his eyes and sat upright in his stool, his fingers dancing across the fingerboard as he kept the rhythm and tone, his ears focused on Natsuki's violin. After a few moments, his brother struck a chord on the piano: an A-minor. The guitarist picked up the pace slightly. His hands shifting on the neck, his tune shifted to a sad-sounding riff.

Aquila sat back in his chair, sipping his pint, listening intently for any mistake while Henry helped himself to another bowl of the stew. The musicians had already drawn the attention of the entire room, the tavern patrons conversing in hushed tones as they all shifted their seats for a decent view of the corner.
Kings get assassinated. Castles all crumble. Forever lives the legend of a poet who was humble.

Character sheets.

Asyriel
God
United States of America

Post by Asyriel » Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:41 pm

Natsuki continued to sway and move in time with the music. The tempo had increased, but the tone of the music had shifted. It was drifting too far toward depressing for what she preferred in a a tavern setting.

When control was again passed to her, she continued along the same tones, bow gliding easily across the strings as she played. She subtly began shifting the feel to something that sounded more playful. Not only did she feel it was more appropriate for an enjoyable drink, but she was anticipating another increase in tempo soon, and a fast tempo lent itself more readily to cheery rousing music. She noticed that their competition had drawn the attention of nearly all the occupants of the room, but it was a dim awareness as she let herself be caught up and lost in the music.

weasel
Thief
United States of America

Post by weasel » Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:29 pm

The guitarist's brothers watched closely, listening for either instrument to miss a single note. The patrons in the tavern all sat back and listened, some tapping their toes along with the timing of the music. The tones from each instrument blended in the air, merging into a rather lovely, not to mention unique song, both dreary and playful, as if listening to children play in the rain.

Soon enough, the pianist moved his hand up an octave and struck another chord, a b-flat. The guitarist's hand slid down the neck, picking up the pace and shifting the song's key to a rather bouncing, excited song. The tapping of toes picked up, and the crowd focused, some leaning in. Near the front door, a young rabbit couple stood up, pushed their table aside to clear some space, and began to dance together,
Kings get assassinated. Castles all crumble. Forever lives the legend of a poet who was humble.

Character sheets.

Asyriel
God
United States of America

Post by Asyriel » Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:57 pm

Natsuki caught the shift in tone and tempo without missing a beat. Her bow sliding rapidly across the strings of her instrument as she matched the pace. The swaying of her hips was quickly accompanied with tapping toes. It didn't take the patrons long to begin dancing to the tune. They weren't the only ones that started dancing though.

As she kept the song going, Natsuki started dancing as well. It was something so often did when she played so it was something she was well practiced at. While her head, shoulders, and arms couldn't join in the dancing motions, the rest of her body did quite well. She did a few step dancing movements interspersed with lithe body swaying movements that anyone who'd traveled to Kahun would probably recognize. Throughout it all, she continued to play, making it look as if it were as easy as sitting on a stool to play.

weasel
Thief
United States of America

Post by weasel » Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:03 pm

The ferret's fingers picked rapidly at his strings to the beat of the tapping toes and dancing feet, his eyes following Natsuki as the vixen danced and twirled around him. Over by the piano, his brother, the one who had placed the bet, dug his fingertips into his eyes and sighed. He hadn't expected the game to go this far; most folks had started to falter by now, and he was starting to come to terms with the fact that he hadn't made an easy wager this time.

The pianist struck a chord: a d-major. The guitarist responded with a slide up the neck, and began to pick out a rapid, merry tune. He fingered out a few notes and...

PTING

A sharp, springy sound rang through the tavern, punctuating the song a-harmonically as a string on the ferret's guitar snapped. He froze in place, his hands still in position as his guitar ceased to sing. His flautist brother let out a groan, throwing his hands in the air, and the pianist rest his head on a palm as his elbow drove a cluster of piano keys into a dissonant clunk. The guitarist looked toward Natsuki and grinned, rubbing the back of his neck.

"Looks like you win! Normally I'd say you're lucky that happened, but in this case I'll make an exception... You're very good with that fiddle!" he said with a chuckle.

Character sheets.

Asyriel
God
United States of America

Post by Asyriel » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:23 pm

Natsuki had to admit, competition or not, she was thoroughly enjoying herself as she played and danced along with the patrons. At this point she had as much as forgotten the competitive aspect and was simply enjoying the challenge. The next chord was played, and the tempo picked up again. Her bow nearly a blur across the strings as she played, and then it struck, and she nearly cringed in the middle of playing. A breaking string in the middle of a performance is something no musician wants to hear. The clunk from the piano was a fairly obvious signal that the competition was over.

With the competition over, and played a few more notes in a quick flourish, then stomped a foot, and spread her arms. Bow in one hand, violin in the other, she took a quick bow, then paused for a few moments to catch her breath. Her chest heaved as she breathed heavily, waiting for her racing heart to calm back down to a normal pace. She spun around, and smiled at the ferret brothers. "Thank you." She replied "You're quite good yourself, I think it would have been a very close call had you not broken a string." She complimented with sincerity. "That was a blast though." She finished, her grin widening, an excited glint in her eyes.

"Well..." She said with another smile. "I'll let you boys get back to it. I don't like to muscle in on another musicians crowd unless someone makes a challenge." She winked at the brother who had placed the bet. "Thank you for the fun." With that, she headed back to the table, and Henry and Aquila. "I hope you left some of that stew for me." She teased as she put her violin back in it's case, and took a seat. If she hadn't been hungry before, she certainly was now. She started helping herself to some of the food.

weasel
Thief
United States of America

Post by weasel » Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:15 pm

A pattering of applause rang through the tavern as the vixen and the ferret exchanged words, several folks standing up to make their way over to the corner and drop a coin or two in an overturned hat which the ferrets had set out for such purposes. The brother that had made the bet counted them as they were dropped, and his scowl seemed to fade as he realized he had made more coin from the satisfied patrons than he had lost to the raccoon.

Aquila laughed a hearty laugh as Natsuki made her way back to the table. He leaned forward and snatched up the ante, dropped half of it next to Natsuki's dish, and placed the rest into his own purse. "Poor bastard, what a way to lose a competition," he commented, raising his mug to the ferrets and taking a long drink.

Henry sat back and clapped a few times. "Well done, Natsuki," he said with a big grin. "I knew you'd win, one way or another!" The leopard pushed the pot of stew closer to the vixen, along with a small loaf of bread. "There's plenty of stew left; I'll bet you're pretty hungry after that dance!"

Character sheets.

Asyriel
God
United States of America

Post by Asyriel » Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:12 am

Natsuki pulled the purse of coin Aquila had given her earlier from her tunic and swiped the coins next to her dish into it before stuffing it back into her tunic. "Thank you." She commented with a grin. She gave a solemn nod at the comment about the ferret's loss of the competition. "A real shame, and not exactly my preferred way to win." She replied.

She grinned again then chuckled at Henry's comment. "Thank you. You make it sound like I would have socked him in the face if it had kept going and it looked like I was going to lose." She teased. "Wonderful, thank you. I'm starved." She replied as she spooned stew from the pot into her bowl, then tore a large chunk from the loaf of bread. she dipped the bread into the stew before taking a large bite. "So, I take it you enjoyed the show then?" She asked between bites. "It's easy to get lost in the music, and dance sometimes." She continued to comment.

weasel
Thief
United States of America

Post by weasel » Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:27 am

Midday waned into afternoon as the three sat around the table, basking in the music and filling themselves with ale and stew over the course of several hours. They seemed to be in no rush to press onward, instead enjoying a long, relaxing pit-stop in the little village's tavern.

Aquila leaned forward over the table, chin resting in his palm as he poured thoughtfully over an outspread map. "I had hoped to go straight North and follow the coast, but with a slight detour we could route through Chopine and get the axle replaced, maybe pick up some mercenaries... If anything this would make the trip a bit shorter," he mused aloud, tapping his chin.

The ears of a rabbit seated behind him, the male of the couple who had earlier danced during the competition, swiveled toward the raccoon. Turning around to face the group, he spoke in a hushed tone. "If you head down the road to Chopine, you may want to leave now. I wouldn't want to be anywhere near this village come nightfall without a locked door, especially on that road," he said.

The raccoon's eyes shifted toward the rabbit. "And why's that?" he asked.

"People have been disappearing lately," came the reply. Henry tilted his head at this and shifted his gaze toward the conversation. "They vanish in the night, often with no sign of a struggle," continued the rabbit. "Most often it is young women like your friend there," he added, nodding in Natsuki's direction. "Some say it is the work of a spirit or a demon.. I think this is silly, but nobody knows where they go."

Character sheets.

Asyriel
God
United States of America

Post by Asyriel » Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:09 pm

As the hours passed, and Natsuki continued to drink, she eventually became fairly well inebriated. She looked down at the map with a slight frown. "That sounds like a pretty good plan to me. We can follow the river, or even try to catch a barge heading downstream." She looked up at Aquila and raised an eyebrow at the mention of mercenaries. "You sure you want to take your chances with mercs again?" She asked with a slightly lopsided grin that suggested she was drunkenly teasing the raccoon.

The hushed tones that reached her ears as the rabbit spoke, brought her to a slightly more alert state. She listened closely as the rabbit explained that something was abducting furs in the dark of night. Her expression darkened when it was revealed that whoever, or whatever was behind it seemed to have a preference for young women. "Oh, let's leave at night." She suggested, her tones barely concealing a malicious venom. "Maybe we'll get lucky and whatever sick piece of excrement is behind these disappearances will show up and I can immolate it." She knew she probably sounded absolutely insane to the rabbit, but Henry and Aquilon knew that she was perfectly capable of backing up such a statement.

She looked back and forth between Aquila and Henry, her expression was resolute. She wasn't going to let something run around a prey on others, especially young women, if she could help it. She didn't think it was very likely to be the work of spirits or demons either, though in her opinion in some ways a fellow fur was even worse.

weasel
Thief
United States of America

Post by weasel » Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:02 pm

Aquila glanced toward Natsuki, then to Henry, deep in thought. "I'd rather not chance it, perhaps we should leave now and avoid... Whatever it is that is making people disappear."

Henry replied with a squint. Catching such a look, as well as Natsuki's ambitious demands that the group try to find and attack whatever being was causing such problems, Aquila tried to talk some sense into them. "This is none of our business. If there really is a problem then I'm sure the local militia will handle it. We're better off just moving on."

Henry leaned forward sharply, placing his nose just inches from the raccoon's. "You know me better than that. You're not going to stop me. Nor will you stop the vixen," he said in an oddly threatening tone. The rabbit at the next table turned away, disinvolving himself from the conversation. "If you have a problem," continued the snow leopard, "then move on without us. We're pursuing this mystery whether you like it or not."

Aquila sat firmly, refusing to back away from Henry's gaze despite the obvious fear in his eyes. Silently, he stared back at the cat, his lower lip quivering. After a moment, he blinked. "Fine. We'll stay." Henry leaned back and clapped his hands once. Aquila continued, "If you two get yourselves killed, just remember I tried to talk some sense into you."

"If we get ourselves killed then whoever killed us is a damn good fighter who earned the victory," replied Henry with an air of confidence.

Character sheets.

Asyriel
God
United States of America

Post by Asyriel » Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:50 pm

Natsuki watched Aquila expectantly while he was deep in thought. She'd already made up her own mind, even if it meant returning what she'd been paid to accompany the pair on their journey. When he voiced his preference to leave and avoid the mystery abductor, she scowled. She'd been about to say something more on the subject when Henry spoke up.

She watched with a bit of a curious intensity as she watched an interaction from her companions that she'd not yet seen between the pair. She agreed with Henry, though she probably wouldn't have been quite as threatening about it unless Aquila had actually tried to stop her. She also noticed as the conversation got more intense, the well meaning rabbit wisely disengaged himself from it. She gave a silent chuckle at that before returning her attention to Aquila and Henry.

There were a tense few moments where she wan't quite sure what to expect next from the pair as they stared at each other intently. Finally the tension was broken when Aquila acquiesced to the plan of hanging around to find out just what was going on with all the missing furs in the area. Natsuki chuckled at Aquila's final comment. "Remember, I'm a woman who travels alone...a lot...the threat of possible death isn't much of a deterrent to me." She quipped in reply with a grin and a wink.

She nodded her agreement with Henry's view on their possible deaths, then looked out the window, curious as to how long they had before nightfall.

weasel
Thief
United States of America

Post by weasel » Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:29 pm

Aquila's eyes turned downward, and he frowned visibly as he rolled up his map. The raccoon tuned his gaze toward Henry. "You'd better come back to me," he muttered, a disgusted look on his face. He turned a gaze toward Natsuki. "You're a bad influence on him. Watch his back, if anything happens to Henry I'll be highly upset, and i'm a powerful man." he said in a foreboding tone. Henry simply laughed at this comment. "We'll be fine."
Aquila replied, "You damn well better be.

The raccoon sighed. "Very well then. I'll order a stable for the mules and a room for myself. You two... Do what you must." with that, Aquila stood up from the table, kicked his chair away, and turned about to approach the tavern keeper and order himself a room and a stable.

The rabbit at the next table turned about to address the vixen and the cat. "If you two pull this off, you'll be heroes. But be careful. it's a dangerous game you play, do not be careless."

Character sheets.

Asyriel
God
United States of America

Post by Asyriel » Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:05 am

Natsuki felt a little bad, only a little, that her insistence on getting to the bottom of the local disappearance mystery seemed to have upset Aquila more than she'd thought it would. "Of course I'll watch his back." She replied quietly. His veiled threat had much less impact on her, but she wasn't going to quibble over it. "Between the two of us, I think we're a match for most anything out there." She reassured.

She watched Aquila leave the table with a bit of a frown. She was again wondering about the dynamics between this pair. "Seems he cares quite a bit about you." She observed before the rabbit at the adjacent table spoke to them again. "The most dangerous game?" She teased before speaking again in more serious tones. "All flippancy aside, this isn't my first time doing this sort of thing. We will be sure to take care." She finished before turning her attention back to Henry.

"How are you at being sneaky?" She asked. "I was thinking I could play the part of seemingly helpless young woman bait, and you could keep an eye out from the shadows until our mystery abductor shows up. Whenever they try to snatch me, we ambush." She looked expectantly at Henry, waiting to find out what his feedback would be.