Welcome to the World of Feila!

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

New to the forum? Get started by reading general information about Feila and the rules of the forum.

Need help? Send a private message to RabidFox. The staff is always willing to assist users with questions and problems. There's also a thread for how to role-play.

Don't be shy. Feel free to start posting when you're ready. We have a friendly community that is more than happy to welcome you and invite you to role-play. And don't worry about all the informational threads! You only need minimal knowledge to role-play. There's no need to do lots of reading.

Role-players wanting to write role-playing posts under five sentences, see the One Liners board.

Check out our announcement forum, The World Court, for important information about what's going on in our community.

Want to chat with other Feilans? Check out our Discord server!

A Welcome Invitation (open!)

The third most powerful nation of Feila, ruled by the Canine. The current system of government is Feudalist/Absolute Monarchy, with the monarch as the control of power and the aristocracy. It's military is fourth largest in number, and weaker than Gawain's or Edwin's. It consists of the Domus Army and Navy. It is geographically one of the smaller nations of Feila. Similar to Earth's medieval France.
RasHeart
Marquis
Species: Jackrabbit
Canada

Re: A Welcome Invitation (open!)

Post by RasHeart » Thu Sep 11, 2014 5:48 pm

Kyeema was no stranger to fighting. In fact, she'd embraced it as her way of life when she was a child. The avian belonged to a sisterhood cult of cannibals, though Kyeema largely forewent the eating of sentient flesh. Instead of following the tiger who'd apparently taken charge, she stood fast, approaching the group of sword-toting hoodlums. "Go to the eastern outskirts of town. If you stay, you may not like what I am about to do." Kyeema's eyes flashed again, as she drew her pair of shotels.

In turn, the hoodlums drew their swords. Kyeema was outnumbered seven to one. The wolves muttered something in Domish, before encircling the avian. "A cute tactic." she said. "I'm afraid it will not work." Kyeema slashed at one of her own legs, swabbing the blood off with her palm. She clenched her hand into a fist, and suddenly disappeared. She reappeared behind one of the wolves, driving the curved tip of one of her blades into the back of her opponent's head. The wolves closed in, readying their blades to attack Kyeema with unrelenting speed. Instead, they slashed at the moving corpse of their friend, who was bleeding profusely. The bird stood close behind, mirroring the reanimated corpse's sluggish movements. Necromancy.

Sponsor

Red
Outlaw
Species: Tiger

Post by Red » Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:39 am

Shadow was waiting in the darkness of the alleyway when he saw Ilya follow him... But paused when he saw the avian go after the wolves. Does she have a death wish??? he asked himself in frustration. But then, when he saw the avian cut her leg, he knew what was about to happen. He had seen this ritual many times used against his own brethren. She brained the other wolf and his blood seeped out and dripped onto the dusty road. When Shadow saw that crimson drop of wolf's blood, the demon inside him roared.

Shadow fell onto his knees holding his head like it was going to explode. The blood! The blood of the wolf! I smell it! I SMELL IT! screamed the demon inside of Shadow. Shadow fought back to hold his sanity, he fell onto his side writhing in agony. When the dark radiant mana of the necromancy touched him, the demon roared louder. Shadow opened his eyes to see everything was lined in red. His pupils were dilated to just thin slits. He then saw Ilya, and the demon hungered for blood.

“No no no no no no” Shadow kept repeating to himself. He closed his eyes tightly and lay in a fetal position. Memories of blood, fire, death, destruction all raged through his mind like a parade. Until one memory played itself out in his mind.

- - -

The kitten was laid upon the black alter by the shaman. The shaman started to chant in the tongue of demons.

“Come great one! Give this child the means to eradicate the filthy wolves! Let him be the one to burn down their houses and kill their wives and young!” She said in the deep raspy voice of demon. As she was chanting this, there grew a menacing shadow cloud forming over the young kitten. Deep eternal fires that looked like eyes gazed upon the young tiger with chaotic hunger.

“Come great one! Come great one!” Chanted the crowd of tigers. The cloud purred in ecstasy and quickly enveloped the young tiger. Everyone had gone silent. The shaman waited until the shadow was completely gone before picking up the tiger and showing him the crowd. What they saw was the star on his head. The mark of death.

- - -

Just then, the dark mana stopped and all that was left of the tiger was left panting on the ground. Covered in the filth of the alleyway. The demon quiet, for now. Shadow shed one tear of relief, further encouraged by the strength of his will over the demon's. But for how much longer? he thought.

RasHeart
Marquis
Canada

Post by RasHeart » Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:33 pm

As Shadow had his fit, Kyeema proceeded to cut down each assailant as they approached. Insultingly easy prey, she thought. The avian stopped for a moment, before staring down at the pile of corpses. "Hm." she sighed, putting her shotels away. They still dripped with blood. "That was disappointing. I was at least hoping they would hit me." Kyeema had felt another source of manna somewhere, and only now did she realize it came from Shadow. The manna was powerful, alluring, but she felt something else. Something that, if she took into herself, would drive her mad. Shame: his soul was exactly what she was looking for.

Kyeema stood over Shadow, waiting for him to awaken. "Weak." she said, as he woke up. "You are weak."

BingoSoap
Peasant
Species: Fishing Cat

Post by BingoSoap » Sat Sep 13, 2014 3:28 am

Ilya's paws balled into fists, green fire roaring in her eyes as she watched Kyeema cut down one enemy after another, slicing their lives into gory ribbons of red with her metal blade, before reanimating one of the wolf’s corpses. Being a canine herself, Ilya spoke fluent Domish, and their cries for help in her language that appeared as coarse barks to the avian and the feline burned her ears like wildfire. “Sacre Bleu” she swore in her native language. This was not the kind of thing she was used to. She ground her teeth, hand on the hilt of her knife, a war of ethics raging in her mind about whether to attack or not, but in the end she didn’t have to, as Kyeema had destroyed the pack of wolves before she even had time to properly debate herself. She stared blankly at the pile of bloodstained corpses, blinking in disbelief. She didn’t realise that Shadow had collapsed until she heard the thud .

She raced over, kneeling beside him, glad to have something to distract from the lifeless heap of her dead kin. The coyote ran her fingers over the tiger’s head, reaching into her bag and pulling out a few herbs. “Eat this” her voice was shaking slightly, as she crammed a foul-smelling leaf into Shadow’s mouth. “It will decrease your temperature.” Even though her skills in fighting were relatively low, she could still be of use with her high knowledge of medicine.

Red
Outlaw

Post by Red » Sat Sep 13, 2014 7:18 am

"Eat this" Ilya said while she tried to shove a herb into his mouth

But he was too far gone for such herbs. This wasn't a normal sickness after all. He passed out from the ordeal.

He woke up to see the avian standing over him. "Weak" She said. "You are weak"

He slowly got up, unsure of his strength. He glared at the avian. He opened his mind fully to the avian and sent such a mental barrage that her defenses, though strong, wouldn't have even helped. He sent the feelings and mental images the demon rose within him, fire, death, destruction, children's heads on spikes, furries killing furries, mental image after mental image. Just as it began, he closed his mind so not even a peep could be found even if she searched.

"Try living with a demon as your best friend for 19 years and you tell me how strong you are, girl." He knew he would piss her off but he didn't care. He turned around without another word and limped down the alleyway. "If you want hot food and a bed to rest in, my house is not that far." He turned to the avian, "Unless you are too strong for such pleasantry's."

RasHeart
Marquis
Canada

Post by RasHeart » Sat Sep 13, 2014 4:33 pm

"Oh, of course. The angsty type." Kyeema sighed. "Didn't whomever gave you that spirit show you how to harness it?" The avian shuffled her talons. "Or have you civilized folk lost touch in the finer arts of magic?" Kyeema stepped forward, towards Ilya. "You seem shocked." she called out. "I did tell you to get out of here as quickly as possible, no?" Kyeema shook her head. "Never mind, I am sorry you had to see that." The avian paused for a moment. "I suppose now is a good time to explain the nature of what I am trying to find."

BingoSoap
Peasant

Post by BingoSoap » Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:20 am

"I'm fine" Ilya shook her head, although her voice was missing her usual spark. "And a house to rest in sounds great." She said, standing up and stretching a little, trying to avoid looking at the pile of death. She gave a curt nod in the colourful avian's direction, rubbing a little bit of dirt on her nose. "I suppose it wouldn't hurt to clean up a little, no?" The coyote laughed, her usual grin splitting her canine muzzle again. She hadn't had a bath for several months, and she was starting to smell a little bit funky to the more sensitive of noses. "And I can think of no better place to explain the nature of what you are trying to find than in a shelter. Let's go!"

Red
Outlaw

Post by Red » Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:01 am

Shadow kept walking, completely ignoring the avian's question. Of course he had a tutor, but the tutor died within the first week. He had to learn how to deal with his 'friend' on his own, and made a little headway in the couple decades. Shadow kept walking, going down twisty roads and alleyways that soon became a blur to him. Soon, he found the building he was looking for. It was squat and very uninteresting. It had only one door and no windows. Shadow opened the heavy oaken door to allow the girls in.

"Accommodations may not be five star," He said, "But it is home to me."

He closed the door after the girls got in and dropped the heavy beam across the door to lock it. "You can never be too safe" he said just loud enough for the others to hear. He turned around to look at the home he have been living in for the past ten years. There were two clean beds to his right with clean white sheets. In front of him is a work table with a torch suspended over it. To the direct right of the door is a fireplace with a large copper pot, pokers and a decent stack of firewood. In the far corner were a small mound of burlap sacks just tossed there. In the middle of the single room building was a small table, obviously used for eating considering there was silverware laid on the table and bowls and plates.

"You both got the beds, might as well get comfortable while I get dinner started up." With that, he walked over to the fireplace and put firewood in it and started the cooking fire. He also picked up the heavy pot and suspended it over the fire and let the stew inside heat up.

"Oh, and one last thing" he said, "There are the bathrooms in the basement with a bath and plenty of warm water. Just move the sacks and you will see a trapdoor." He then looked at both the girls, "It is on the other side of the armory I have built down there, don't touch any of the weapons. There are some rare and magically dangerous weapons down there, so don't touch and you'll keep all your body parts." He went back to cooking "And don't steal, I know every weapon down there, and my more reasonable ego wouldn't appreciate any kind actions."

RasHeart
Marquis
Canada

Post by RasHeart » Sun Sep 14, 2014 4:12 pm

Kyeema was sort of tempted to take the roofs while following the pair. She'd picked up a bit of Domish, here and there, and heard a few commoners mutter "Witch..." while giving her fleeting glances. A bit disconcerting, since she didn't want to be burned at the stake. The avian reckoned it would hurt, badly. As they walked down the dark streets of Chopine, Kyeema took a couple steps ahead, as Shadow stopped. A glum looking building: the door appeared as if it were trying to shrink, and the windows looked like they were drooping. The thing had been through a lot, she thought.

The avian stepped into Shadow's home, closing her eyes for a moment, and shuddering violently. There were presences in this place, each more unsettling than the last. "...rare and magically dangerous weapons..." she heard. Where would he have gotten all of these? She opened her eyes, before heading right down towards the stash of arms. Kyeema wanted to see the weapons for herself. Perhaps she could take one with her.

However, she delayed for a moment. It would be wise to go during the night, while they were asleep. For now, it would be best to appear as if she had no intention of stealing anything. Kyeema began to ready a bath for herself. She'd done enough killing for now.

BingoSoap
Peasant

Post by BingoSoap » Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:09 am

"Merci." Ilya thanked Shadow in her native language, her nose twitching with glee as the welcome scent of boiling stew hit her nostrils. Cooked food was not a luxury she was used to on the roads, and her mouth was watering at the prospect of tasting warm soup once more. Although Ilya inevitably preferred a life in the open outdoors, she did quite like Shadow's house. She did not notice the ramshackle windows, or the door that creaked so much it threatened to rust off its hinges, simply because she did not know what a fully functioning house was supposed to look like, having never properly set foot in one before. The fire warmed her fur, her flesh and her bones as she slipped her knapsack off and placed it on the end of one of the beds, her eyes goggling at the crisp, white sheets. "Don't worry." She grinned. "I won't touch your stuff." She smiled to Red, before trotting after Kyeema into the bathrooms in the basement.

Ilya watched in amazement as the taps poured water into the bath. "Where on earth is the water coming from?" the gypsy, who was so used to taking her baths in shallow lakes marveled. She shed her clothes and various decorative necklaces and jewelry, before dipping her foot into the water. Ilya, used to plunging into freezing waters, was not expecting the bath to be hot. "Merde! C'est chaud!" She yelled in Domish, her eyes wide, withdrawing her foot and hopping around the bathroom, clutching it. "Ow!" She laughed, panting a little. "What is this magical, heated water?" She frowned, smiling, watching it gush out of the tap and giggling. "Fascinating."

Red
Outlaw

Post by Red » Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:45 am

Shadow was finishing the cooking, the stew was a thicker sort of stew with plenty of broth and vegetables. The smell was earthy and mouth watering. He quietly went to setting up the table and pouring bowls for everyone. While he was waiting for the women to finish up in the bath, he went over to the work table and sat down to draw for a little. His drawing skills were less then mediocre but he loved to draw. That was what he was doing when the women came back up from their baths.

He got up and was slightly taken back from how vivid the avian's feathers were when the dirt was off of them. Ilya also looked rather... beautiful. He hasn't thought of anything as beautiful for a while. It was a nice change of pace at least.

"You both look stunning." He said. He then gestured to the table, "Eat your fill. Afterwards, I want to hear your story Kyeema, and what will you have us do with you?" He asked.

RasHeart
Marquis
Canada

Post by RasHeart » Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:23 pm

Kyeema had a good amount of plumage tied up in a sort of ponytail at the back of her head. She moved it on top of her shoulder, pulling out the lace that bound her 'hair.' "You both look stunning." Shadow said. Kyeema scoffed, telling him off.

"Flattery will get you nowhere." The avian took a seat on the far chair, peering straight into Shadow's eyes. "The mental attack you used on me revealed too much about you." she whispered. "Disappointing that your mentor is dead." Kyeema paused for a moment, getting herself a bowl of stew. "I can train you myself, though for a fee..." She took a spoonful into her beak, sipping on the thick soup slowly.

"I want to hear your story Kyeema, and what will you have us do with you?" Shadow said. The bird nodded slowly, before pushing her bowl of stew forward. She wasn't hungry.

"We are looking for the captured soul of a particular entity. I have reason to believe we can find it not far from here." Kyeema produced a large scroll, unraveling it across the entire length of the table. "The Soul of the Wayward: a god-like being said to be from outside the realm of existence." She pointed to an Avian drawing of a strange creature of unimaginable complexity. "I want this soul. It is of great importance to me, Shadow. And perhaps it may even help... you."

Red
Outlaw

Post by Red » Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:59 am

Shadow stood there with no emotion showing, when he is having another battle of ethics with his best friend. He ended up on top again but he didn't trust himself.

"This demon you want, because the Wayward Soul is a demon, is very powerful. So powerful, that only 3 entities I know of can destroy or control him, neither you nor I can do more than tickle him." Shadow stopped to think a moment, "Whatever Ilya decides, then I will follow her. This is as much her decision as mine. I will not decide for her"

RasHeart
Marquis
Canada

Post by RasHeart » Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:32 am

Kyeema smirked again, leaning forward, over the table. "Incorrect." she scoffed. "You assume you know these things, tiger, simply because you're a host. The Wayward is... different. It is a being, nothing more, nothing less." The avian sat back down, putting the scroll away.

"This is an opportunity neither of us can turn away from, Shadow." The bird's eyes narrowed, staring down the much larger feline across from her. "Your friend there knows that, too." Kyeema produced a large, triangular dagger, pressing the tip to his forehead. The complex etchings on the ceremonial weapon began to glow, and force Shadow's spiritual inhabitant to come out. "Stand still, beast." the bird's voice began to do some strange things, like echo, and phase. "Do not do anything stupid."

Red
Outlaw

Post by Red » Tue Sep 16, 2014 4:35 pm

As soon as she put the dagger to his forehead, the demon inside became overwhelmingly powerful. The greasy feel of the dark magic washed over him and engulfed him. The demon was eating his control at such a fast rate, it was terrifying. Shadow was sitting there shuddering severely, shacking his chair and making it rattle. He concentrated all of his strength for one last throw of the dice before he was engulfed all together.

Shadow opened his mouth, and he was drooling pure black mana and darkness. He looked to Ilya and shed one tear for her. She doesn't deserve this he thought. Before he lost his strength, he shadow-ported Ilya out of his house and away to a forest clearing to the north. When he finished doing that, his soul was thrown to the corner and the demon was supreme. The air was saturated with the power of the demon, it radiated off the tiger in waves. Awwwww man, this is bad. Bad. Bad. Bad Shadow thought while the demon roared his elation. The Demon-Shadow looked to Kyeema and said in a deep, raspy voice, "You have finally freed me from the wretched mortal." He grins at her and continued "He is now no more!" He roared. He then gazed at the avian for a second, "I will do one favor for you, only one." He narrowed his eyes at Kyeema "You better chose your words wisely necromancer."