Welcome to the World of Feila!

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

New to the forum? Get started by reading general information about Feila and the rules of the forum.

Need help? Send a private message to RabidFox. The staff is always willing to assist users with questions and problems. There's also a thread for how to role-play.

Don't be shy. Feel free to start posting when you're ready. We have a friendly community that is more than happy to welcome you and invite you to role-play. And don't worry about all the informational threads! You only need minimal knowledge to role-play. There's no need to do lots of reading.

Role-players wanting to write role-playing posts under five sentences, see the One Liners board.

Check out our announcement forum, The World Court, for important information about what's going on in our community.

Want to chat with other Feilans? Check out our Discord server!

Relics Of the Kingdom

The third most powerful nation of Feila, ruled by the Canine. The current system of government is Feudalist/Absolute Monarchy, with the monarch as the control of power and the aristocracy. It's military is fourth largest in number, and weaker than Gawain's or Edwin's. It consists of the Domus Army and Navy. It is geographically one of the smaller nations of Feila. Similar to Earth's medieval France.
Zylowolfos
Count

Relics Of the Kingdom

Post by Zylowolfos » Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:17 am

(Been away for sometime... Itching to get a good RP going again. Please PM me if you decide to join, I don't care if you post first just please establish a PM with me so we can discuss development!) :)

There was something about this place... something, unsettling. The vast grasslands on the outskirts of Aquilon held a spectacular view of the coastline. Gentle wisps of ocean air kissed the senses, the breeze brought the untamed grassland to life and made it dance. It was the perfect place for the wrong stroke of luck.

A young vulpine figure stood atop a premise of the shoreline. His lethe figure was cloaked, hiding a light arraignment of stealthy black armor. Two sheaths on either side, each holding a particular blade. A short, curved dagger on the left and a mid-size, cuff hilted, wide blade. The fox tapped his boots in anticipation, knowing that soon he would find out why he had been lead here on such obscure circumstances.

One night was all it took. Zylo remembered it all very clearly now, how he had gone to the Blue Moon Tavern to meet up with a so called 'business client' who needed a mercenary to carry out some 'Dirty Work'. This young fox was the perfect fur for the job, he had only recently became a mercenary-for-hire after leaving his job in Rennes as a blacksmith, but he had already given himself a reputable name after successfully collecting some rare bounties. Not many in town knew of his training, or much of his origins, a situation he felt played in his favor, should anything ever turn sour. He hoped this client would not be the one to send him away. Staring out into the waves, Zylo took a deep breath of the crisp ocean air. 'Nerves won't do me an good at this point...'he thought.

From what the fox understood, the target was highly confidential. Zylo could remember the shrouded fur in the tavern, he could remember seeing the muzzle of a dog but the eyes and ears were too well hidden to be sure. The fur would only speak with his head averted from the fox. It was difficult to keep track of all of the details, the fox could remembering trying to focus in on the murmurs of his client while trying to zone out the typical tavern buzz. The last words that the stranger spoke interested Zylo the most.

"This cannot be done alone, there will be others accompanying you. I hope you work well with a team."

"Others, eh?" The Fox scoffed as he replayed the words in his head. "Well then, lets see who these 'others' are," he muttered.

Sponsor

Red
Outlaw
Species: Tiger

Re: Relics Of the Kingdom

Post by Red » Mon Dec 01, 2014 5:40 pm

A reasonable large Tiger of blue was walking up to the hillside where another figure was waiting. The tiger had a deep blue undercoat with deep black stripes that told he was still in his twenties or thirties. He wore a slick, but matte, black and red suit of armor that looked very futuristic. He had a short sword strapped to his back and what looked to be a dagger in his right, iron boot. It would have been hard for the figure on the hill to see the Tiger as he has a slight stream of shadow cling to his armor. He had no cloak as seeing it just more weight.

The Tiger remembered the random letter that arrived at his cottage in the middle of the dark woods calling him to this hillside. The Tiger immediately respected the courier as it was very hard to get so deep into the forest as he lived. So he immediately went out, thinking this was very important to someone. He also knew he could just leave if he didn't like how the mission turned out.

The Tiger dissipated his shadow cloak whenever he got close to what seemed like a fox. The Tiger sized up the fox with rust orange eyes and he liked what he saw. "One of these 'others' have just arrived." The blue Tiger held out a hand covered in glove and gauntlet to shake hands as a sign of trust and respect on his part. Such a gesture would be the deal closing gesture and was bound with life and honor. "You may call me Shadow, friend."

Zylowolfos
Count

Post by Zylowolfos » Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:14 pm

A presence filled Zylo's senses. He knew there would be others, so his demeanor did not change from anything other than calm and neutral. As a larger tiger, clad in very colorful armor, stepped forward the fox simply turned and nodded in acknowledgement. Gloved-paw outstretched, the tiger greeted him formally. Zylo Returned the gesture firmly, keeping himself stern but relaxed.

"Well met, Shadow. I am Zylo," he greeted as he sealed the handshake. The fox could tell that this tiger was at least competent in his own abilities. His stature was held high and his voice was commanding. 'At least he won't weigh me down...' the fox sneered in his thoughts. "I don't assume you have any idea of how many others might be coming, do you?" He questioned, scouting the area briefly with his span of view. "Or for that matter, when our intel is supposed to show up?..." he questioned again, sighing softly. The fox had been waiting since noon and it had been well over three hours.

Red
Outlaw

Post by Red » Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:26 am

Shadow shook his head at the question. "No idea. But I'm sure our men will trickle in." The tiger glanced left and right instinctively, and looked back to the fox. As he looked at the fox, he relaxed his stance slightly and addressed the fox in a deep rumble. The tiger felt he could trust this fox as he had the stance of someone with honor... Or it could be the tiger's imagination. "As we are waiting here, you might as well fill me in on what you know. I have been... Disconnected for a long time." The tiger said as he kept one eye out on the goings that are happening around them.

Zylowolfos
Count

Post by Zylowolfos » Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:20 pm

"I'm sure you're right..." Zylo nodded in agreement. There was no need to rush this assignment. After all, the fur he had spoken to promised a very satisfying reward.

The Tiger's question puzzled the fox. Truthfully, he was hoping the tiger would know more. Obviously that concept didn't take. Zylo began to wonder what type of mission this could be, after being pulled around in so many directions.

"From what I know, this is a sort of retrieval mission..." He began, crossing his arms. "I know that there are multiple targets, I don't know what or who they might be... Just that they are guarded by 'someone' who doesn't want us to find them..." The fox finished, scanning the area once again. "It's seems as though our questions may be answered soon, however," the fox explained. Not too far off in the distance he could see an older looking dog approaching their scene.

His eyes were not the brightest, his coat was shaggy and time stricken. His vestments were that of a traveling sage, and he walked with a small iron cane. As the dog approached slowly, his expression seemed to lighten, from tired to somewhat excited.

"Good afternoon, youngsters. I am called Era, the sage. How fares the trade?" he greeted, smiling and nodding to the pair.

"My name is Zylo, and the trade is fair. This is Shadow, I believe we are supposed to be receiving some kind of briefing about our targets?" The fox asked assertively. The old sage simply chuckled.

"Young pup, do not fret. Your mission is the top priority for all of Feila. However, we cannot yet begin unless I know a little more about yourselves," he replied playfully. "Now, why don't we start with you, Son?" He began, pointing at shadow.
Last edited by Zylowolfos on Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Red
Outlaw

Post by Red » Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:54 pm

Shadow shrugged at the sage, unfazed by the question. "My true name is Red Wolvesbane, but I prefer Shadow for... Specific reasons." Shadow grinned slightly. "I am a independent battle mage of some power. I live in a great forest far north from us, not caring for the goings of our decaying society." The tiger frowned to see if he needed to add more. "I have plenty of abilities that I'm sure will help this mission, some bloodier than others..." The tiger said. He stood and thought a second more before adding, "I care not to discuss too much of my past until I know I can trust you like family." The tiger said sternly, ending his speech to the sage. The tiger would wait for his questions as it was not imperative for them to be answered right now, though he will listen and learn from these strangers.

Zylowolfos
Count

Post by Zylowolfos » Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:28 pm

The old sage nodded and smiled at the large tiger. "Very well met, Red. Your unique style of command is precisely why you are here," he responded. The old sage turned his attention to the younger fox, furrowing his brow for a moment then chuckling softly. "I already know you, Late Son of Baron Cardonnes," he stated with a smile. Zylo was immediately taken aback.

"H-How did you-" The fox was stopped short by a quick gesture of the Sage's Paw. "Now is not the time, pup. All will be explained in due time... For now, lets start with this," The sage continued, as he drew two small, azure glowing orbs. "Now these, are called Relics, they hold vast amounts of information about the ancient civilizations that established Feila. These small orbs are protected by a very powerful magic that only the most adept, conditioned sages can even begin to understand or surpass," the old dog stopped for a moment, placing one orb in each of his company's hands. He turned from them and faced the vast ocean. "The locations for these relics have been documented and studied for many years, yet no one has truly been able harness these relics and and their power or wisdom..." The sages head dropped slightly "Until now..." He continued. "While this may seem like great news... I am terrified that it may be the greatest threat we have ever faced,"

"What do you mean? Have the relics fallen into rebel control?" Zylo questioned, though he was sure it couldn't be bandits. Ruffians were not the type to go after magical properties, unless they held significant coin value.

"No, young one. These fiends call themselves 'The Unwoken'. This diety has existed since the discovery of magic. They serve only to study destructive and dark magic. With these relics in their paws I cannot imagine what debacle could take place. I would rather not know. That is why we need you," the sage pointed at the pair. From his robes he drew a small, rolled up scroll. "This map holds the location for the currently known relic locations," he said, handing the map to Zylo. "And this..." He started, drawing a strange book from his robe. Runes lined the cover, this was no simple book it was a tome of magic. "This spell will allow you to place a temporary seal on the relics, until you can safely bring them back," he explained as he handed the time to Shadow. " I'm sure you will be able to handle this part," he finished with a smile.

Zylo was slightly bewildered by the nature of the information he had received. This wasn't going to be an easy task, perhaps even impossible. 'But if what he says is true, then...' He thought. "What will be our compensation for this task," Zylo questioned sternly. The sage chuckled once again.

"The Grand Magika Council is offering 500 Louis d'or for whoever can safely retrieve all of the relics, but I'm sure the great son of Baron Cardonnes doesn't need any more money. The true reward will be revealed in time," he finished. Zylo crossed his arms, scoughing at the mention of his father. Saying nothing to validate the title of 'son'.

"Very well then, do you accept?" The sage asked. Zylo nodded in agreement and turned to shadow. "What do you think?"he asked.

Red
Outlaw

Post by Red » Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:10 am

Shadow took the tome and felt a tingle of magic underneath the cover. He felt that there was no elemental affiliation as is with most magic. No, this one was before elements. How this sage got a book like this is besides me...

"Very well then, do you accept?" The sage asked. The Shadow heard Zylo accept, but he hesitated on answering so quickly. He digested the information before he asked in a soft rumble; "I feel the lack affiliation this book has and how old it is... Is it really a tome at all?" Shadow was thinking along the lines of a powerful being trapped in objects (mostly lamps for some unknown reason), those were the beings not affiliated with any element and could be very dangerous if ignorant of their presence.

Shadow went on; "Another question, if you please. Who really are you and how can I know to trust your word?" Shadow was in this only for his respect of the courier who made the trip to his home in the forest. He wouldn't be wooed by just any reward and Shadow always held loyalty and trust over having a mercenary view.

Zylowolfos
Count

Post by Zylowolfos » Wed Dec 03, 2014 12:53 pm

The Sage shrugged gently, "The tome itself will not affiliate until met with an unsealed relic, since every relic is elementally bound to its altar," he began. As shadow went on, Era closed his eyes and sighed heavily. "I am but an Old Dog, seeking reconciliation for the wrongdoings of my ancestors... Though I have devoted my life to the study and research of magic, I am still not powerful enough to stop this from happening, my mind is willing but my body alone cannot endure such a task," The Sage explained. "Although it may seem sudden, there is a reason why the two of you have been selected," he continued. "The proof of my words will come to fruition, so long as you undertake this request. I do not expect you to accept, I can only hope that you do for the sake of our world," He paused, eyes widened and his body became rigid. A cold presence filled the air.

"Era, you fool..." a low, bitter voice rang through the ears of the group. A black shroud dissipated from behind Era, revealing a lifeless shadowy figure concealed by a large overcoat. Zylo could sense an evil presence. 'What the hell is going on!?' he thought, assuming a defensive stance. "You cannot escape your fate, stupid Sage. It was only a matter of time until you went off and tried to find help," the figure went on. Zylo took a step towards Era, motioning for him to take cover, he stopped when trickles of blood left the sage's mouth. The fox stood horrified as the stricken sage cried out.

"NO, Young Cardonnes! Stay back, its me he wants..." his words became weaker as his body was enveloped by a dark mist, bringing him to his knees. The figure laughed maniacally, as it disappeared behind a dark shroud.

"Era! NO!," Zylo cried out as he approached the old sage. "Who was that!? Why were they after you?! Era... Era!" He questioned frantically as he picked up the sage and held him in his arms. The Black mist slowly oozed from the dogs body as it went pale. Era mustered a chuckle.

"My time has caught up to me... This could not have been prevented..." He mumbled as the life slowly drained away. "When you were a pup... your father told me to look after you... Since then... I have been nearby, making sure you could make it to this point... he knew this day would come..." his word became even softer now.

"Fa-...father..." Zylo sighed heavily. "What do you mean 'he knew'!? How could he let this happen!?" Zylo questioned angrily.

"We made... an agreement... my contract is... fulfilled... now, you must make a decision," Era sputtered between coughs. The young fox could only listen as the dog mustered through his words. "I... have faith, in you... young warriors..."

The dogs eyes finally closed, his frail body became limp in Zylo's arms. The fox set down the body, his mind was reeling. As he stood, he could not take his eyes off the sage's body. What could this all mean? Why his father, this sage? Why now? Zylo's eyes narrowed as he peered in the direction of where the figure was standing. 'Then he was right,' he thought.

The Sage's body lay lifeless, yet on his muzzle a soft smile remained.

Red
Outlaw

Post by Red » Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:45 pm

Shadow took on a defensive stance whenever the dog's life was being drained. He has a physical and magical shield ready in case everything went down the toilet. Whatever the hell this thing is, I think it would be best to get away like five seconds ago. Whenever the tiger saw the fox get up, he said "Zylo, we need to move. Now!" He urged. He didn't like standing so close to the shadowy figure as he could kill them both easily.

The tiger thought on what needed to happen and hatched a plan; however, he would wait to see how the shadow would react before he took everything into his own hands.

Zylowolfos
Count

Post by Zylowolfos » Wed Dec 03, 2014 2:55 pm

Zylo looked back at shadow, his eyes glaring with anger. He turned to face the figure, his state piercing the figure like daggers. The shadow made no further move, it simply remained. "It's like Era said... It doesn't want us," he growled deeply. the fox steadied his anger and turned to rejoin the blue tiger. "Let's go..." He said, giving the tiger a confirming nod.

"Go on and play, little ones. Your time will come," the shadow echoed as the figure disappeared into thin air. All was quiet now.

Zylo took the map and the relic from inside his cloak and started at them. Clothing the small azure orb, he could feel a warmth eminating from it. "We should find somewhere to examine this... And then decide on a course of action," he said, pointing in the direction of the town.

Red
Outlaw

Post by Red » Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:56 pm

Shadow nodded. He felt that the fox would need a breather after what he saw. Hell, I could use a breather after what I just saw. He tentatively patted the fox on the back to comfort him. He wouldn't say anything as nothing he would say would make the situation any better. "Where ever you feel you can best concentrate, that is where I'll follow you." To tell the truth, the tiger was touched by the sage in the little time that they shared. He also felt a need to watch over this fox to make sure he makes it through this without making a fatal mistake.

Shadow turned his head towards the sun and frowned. It looked as if they had only two hours before sundown. Strange, I could'a sworn that we had more around five hours... Shadow shook his head slightly to put it off his mind for now. "We have about two hours until sundown, so where ever we are going we need to make it quick."

Zylowolfos
Count

Post by Zylowolfos » Wed Dec 03, 2014 5:47 pm

"Right, then..." He replied shakily. The pair set off into the evening dim, towards Aquilon. The fox held his words, for there weren't any that could describe his state of mind. Shadow's reassuring touch gave the fox a slight relief, yet still nothing came to mind but the scene that had taken place before him. Now he could only act rightfully to shake himself from this nightmare.

As the pair entered the town, Zylo seemed to diminish his introvertive state. The townspeople were alway very friendly to him regardless of his work. Many had told him that he was too good to be a mercenary, Zylo never believed them.

"My house is near the southern exit, we can rest tonight and set some bearings," Zylo explained to the tiger. The pair proceeded through the hustle and bustle of the town, which slowly came to a light buzz as the merchants stored away their goods for the night and the taverns began to fill up with beer famished field workers, sailors, and other townsfolk.

Zylo turned the key to his small, two story house. The bottom floor was simply laid out, a living space and a kitchen area. A small fireplace, some untensils for cooking, a simple table with only two chairs, some skins from previous hunts, and many bounty posters from previous missions.

"Make yourself at home, I have a spare bed upstairs..." The fox invited the tiger to come in as he took off his cloak, setting it over one of the chairs and moving over to the fireplace.

Red
Outlaw

Post by Red » Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:10 am

Shadow took a step across the threshold and took in the little house. Shadow was happy to see that the fox wasn't extravagant in his furnishing of his house. He felt that how a person lived gave insight on how they act, and this fit with Shadow's observations of Zylo. Shadow watched as he saw the fox go over to the fireplace and decided to dissolve his armor for a simple wool cloak. The color was midnight black as what gives substance to the armor and the wool is pure shadow, manipulated by the tiger. It was this type of magic that Shadow specialized in, the manipulation of darkness. Some would call it black magic but they would be wrong. His magic wasn't moving into demonic powers but it was close.

Shadow walked towards the fireplace with the fox and stood to the fox's left. "It seems you and I were coupled for a reason." The tiger said slowly. "As it were, I would like to a little more about the person the fates have decided I am to venture with. If that's agreeable with you," The tiger said sincerely.

Zylowolfos
Count

Post by Zylowolfos » Thu Dec 04, 2014 1:26 pm

With the fireplace lit, Zylo stood up and stared into the flames for a moment. He nodded in agreement with the tiger. "I suppose I do owe you that much..." He began. The fox turned and examined Shadow briefly, now in his casual attire. He admired the tiger's soft expression, and even more his understanding tone.

"I was born in Chant Du Gyne, My father is a Baron of the Royal family. My mother passed away when I was really young... For the first fifteen years of my life I mainly travelled across different continents for boarding school. Yamaha, Maze, Edwin... When I turned 16 I returned home, thats when my father-" Zylo stopped, the memories of his past flooding his mind. His fists clenched as the vivd images flashed in the flames before him.'The Captain... My chambers... Our kiss...he saw it happen' the words repeated like a hymn. "We... we had a falling out, so I left. I moved to rennes, became a blacksmith's apprentice and trained for a few years with a spellsword by the name of Folcar. I collected my first bounty that winter... since then I've just been living my life this way for the past four years," he finished. Zylo walked away from the fireplace, walking over to the center table. A large jug of water and a few wooden jugs decorated the center of the table. Zylo reached over and grabbed the jug and a small cup, pouring himself a drink of water, and then pouring one for shadow. "In case you're thirsty," he gestured. "So... I see you are fond of the darker magic, did you train formally?" He asked as he set the map on the table along with the relic.