Welcome to the World of Feila!

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

New to the forum? Get started by reading general information about Feila and the rules of the forum.

Need help? Send a private message to RabidFox. The staff is always willing to assist users with questions and problems. There's also a thread for how to role-play.

Don't be shy. Feel free to start posting when you're ready. We have a friendly community that is more than happy to welcome you and invite you to role-play. And don't worry about all the informational threads! You only need minimal knowledge to role-play. There's no need to do lots of reading.

Role-players wanting to write role-playing posts under five sentences, see the One Liners board.

Check out our announcement forum, The World Court, for important information about what's going on in our community.

Want to chat with other Feilans? Check out our Discord server!

Relics Of the Kingdom

The third most powerful nation of Feila, ruled by the Canine. The current system of government is Feudalist/Absolute Monarchy, with the monarch as the control of power and the aristocracy. It's military is fourth largest in number, and weaker than Gawain's or Edwin's. It consists of the Domus Army and Navy. It is geographically one of the smaller nations of Feila. Similar to Earth's medieval France.
Post Reply
User avatar
RaelScion
Outlaw
Posts: 100
Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:23 pm
Gender: Male
Species: Feline
Contact:
United States of America

Re: Relics Of the Kingdom

Post by RaelScion » Mon Feb 02, 2015 1:32 am

Nyulotha looks at the stone formation, shading her eyes with one gauntleted hand. "Is it marked on the map we recovered? Be wary if it is." The wolfess glances to Shadow as he speaks about staying grouped up. "Just be sure to leave me room to swing," she says. Oh yeah. That halberd she's carrying wouldn't care who was in its arc if she was in the middle of a sweep or thrust with it. "I'd rather not hew you down in place of someone trying to stop us. I doubt I'll get the proximity to use my short blades again." She pauses to check their back-trail. "It doesn't seem that we're being pursued, at least not that I can see."

Sponsor
 

User avatar
arSyx
Assassin
Posts: 98
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2014 1:08 am
Gender: Male

Re: Relics Of the Kingdom

Post by arSyx » Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:32 pm

When Zylo had mentioned the resting point ahead, it had put a bit more pep in Irik's step. Sleepily trudging through the snow wasn't as bad now that there was a goal in close sight. Running on a bit more vigor, he started to close the distance between himself and the rest of the group. He'd fallen behind farther than he'd thought. He grimaced a bit when Nyulotha mentioned the possibility of friendly fire, and subtly positioned himself a little farther away from her than the rest.
As far as they knew they weren't being pursued, but that didn't make Irik feel any better.
"Only so much we can do, I suppose," the possum gave a resigned yawn. "If they attack again, best thing we can do is just try and be prepared for it."
As the rock formation came more into view, relief began to melt away some of his tension and his steps became a little easier. Hopefully nothing would go awry with this new location.

User avatar
Zylowolfos
Count
Posts: 303
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:14 pm

Re: Relics Of the Kingdom

Post by Zylowolfos » Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:04 am

As the group arrived at the stones, Zylo grabbed hold of his daggers and assumed a low stance. The group seemed to scan the proximity of their surroundings with great depth, before finally assuming a very low threat level. It was odd how there was no second wave, no ambush waiting for them. The only thing they found was a large rock formation, composed of five large stones with one in the center that jutted out further down than the others.

Zylo made sure to scout the nearby area for any sign of movement. Once again, he found no sign of life nearby. "It looks like we're clear, for now," he reported as he approached the center of the group. The fox examined the large rock structure, looking for any strange markings or divots that could lead to the relic. There was nothing on the outside of the stone that aroused his suspicion, and nothing around it that seemed to hold any clues. Zylo knew there had to be something around that would help them. He set his pack on the ground and pulled out his maps and compass, recording their coordinates and marking their current location.

The young fox was slightly frustrated that the relic was not anywhere in visible sight, but he had a feeling that it had to be nearby. "So... We should set up camp here, and search the area until we find the relic," He spoke as he furrowed his brow, trying to think of any clues the sage might have told them. "There's a few dead trees just uphill...I'll grab some wood for a fire and make sure to scout. Be on guard, everyone," He muttered as he made his way around the formation and onto the base of the mountain. The look of contemplation did not leave his worried face.

As Zylo daftly moved about the base, he could see the expansive range of the mountain in the near distance. The sun was setting ever so quickly on their first day of their journey, and there was already much that they could not explain. The fox gathered a good deal of dead kindling and solid logs that hadn't soaked up too much moisture, and began heading back to camp. When he arrived, there was not much light left.

By nightfall, there was a small campfire crackling at the base of the rock formation. Zylo sat nearby, his body was tired from their encounter. He nibbled slowly at a dried meat ration as he stripped his armor to replace the bandage around his abdomen.

User avatar
Red
Outlaw
Posts: 143
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:51 pm
Gender: Male
Species: Tiger
Location: Your Closet

Re: Relics Of the Kingdom

Post by Red » Wed Feb 11, 2015 5:04 pm

Shadow walked over to a near by rock to rest his back on. He was slightly sick of being caught unawares so he did the best thing he could to prevent another surprise. He got comfortable and then when he was satisfied, he looked deep into himself and lost all consciousness as the rest of the group would call it. But in fact, he became more aware of the energies around him and the group. What he saw was living energies pulsing deep red and magical energies pulsing lush green and other energies pulsing blue. It created a land that could be watched forever and never get bored of it, but Shadow had a purpose. He looked and saw his friends around the campfire but didn't rest on them long, soon he was looking around them. He saw a major green pulse blocking much of his vision of the surrounding countryside, but he did detect a slight green and red pulse that wasn't suppose to be there. It was in the northern part of their small camp. As soon as he saw it, he regained consciousness, even if a little groggy and drunk. "G-guys," He said, a slight shudder as he tried to enunciate correctly. "T-there's ah person, to ha nort." He said, losing his ability to speak as he slumped over from exhaustion. "Dun worreh 'boot meh... I jush gotta sheep..."

User avatar
RaelScion
Outlaw
Posts: 100
Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:23 pm
Gender: Male
Species: Feline
Contact:
United States of America

Re: Relics Of the Kingdom

Post by RaelScion » Wed Feb 11, 2015 5:27 pm

Nyulotha looks over as Shadow slumps down. The wolfess sighs and gets to her feet. "Let's get him over to the fire." She moves to lift Shadow and help him over to the fire, setting him down. "I didn't quite catch what he said before he went down. Any of you?" The wolfess looks around, leaning on her halberd as she scans the group's surroundings. The sudden collapse of one of her companions seems to have her on edge; the tension is visible in her posture and expression. Her easy stance, leaning on her weapon, belies her readiness, as does the fierceness in her icy blue eyes.

User avatar
arSyx
Assassin
Posts: 98
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2014 1:08 am
Gender: Male

Re: Relics Of the Kingdom

Post by arSyx » Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:25 am

Irik had been somewhat aware of what had happened but was otherwise trying not to fall asleep, not quite yet at ease enough to let himself succumb to slumber. He had situated himself close to the cozily warm fire, which in retrospect was not helping much with the whole staying awake thing.
"There is purses to be snort, I think he said. Bunch of gibberish, really," he responded, eyes half-closed, and drooping by the second.
A few seconds after his eyes shut completely, his subconscious seemed to piece the context together and they popped back open wide.
"Person to the north...! Have they already caught back up?" He sat up and rose to his knees where he had previously been slumped over. His head whipped in each direction, and he looked confused.
"Er, which way was North again?" Irik stopped cold for a moment.
"If they're watching, do you think they know we realized they're there? He said person, so if it's just one maybe it's a scout? Do you think they'll bring more?"
Irik was thinking out loud, partly out of panic and partly out of sleep deprivation. He nervously flipped through his spells instinctively, not sure what to do with himself.

User avatar
Zylowolfos
Count
Posts: 303
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:14 pm

Re: Relics Of the Kingdom

Post by Zylowolfos » Fri Feb 13, 2015 7:00 pm

As Zylo finished wrapping his bandage, he heard Shadow blurt out his warning to the party. At first it was gibberish, but Irik managed to work the blabber into words. Zylo immediately re-fastened his armor and blades. He looked to Nyulotha and Irik eyes sharp with alert, "Irik, Stay close to Shadow until he wakes. Nyulotha, you and I should look to the north in case there are any enemies coming this way," He said as he point to the Northern side of the mountain range. The fox was worried that their location could be compromised, but more so that they might be ambushed. Zylo knew well that nighttime was the best time to strike, especially after travel.

User avatar
Red
Outlaw
Posts: 143
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:51 pm
Gender: Male
Species: Tiger
Location: Your Closet

Re: Relics Of the Kingdom

Post by Red » Sun Feb 15, 2015 3:33 pm

Shadow was utterly passed out physically, but that didn't mean he wasn't doing anything. Deep in his mind where only Shadow could have gone, the blue spirit of the feline hovered among billowing clouds of darkness that decorated the demon's residence deep inside the feline's body. The spectral spirit looked to the deep red of the demonic spirit, who was by far bigger and gave the billowing darkness a reflection of red that reminded the tiger of dried blood, with a look of confusion. Why have you summoned me here? The blue spirit asked.

The deep red spirit didn't move or even utter a pulse for an answer. The two looked to each other for what seemed like ages before the demonic voice rumbled out like boulders clashing together. The magical presence... It intrigues me... The blue spirit didn't respond to the admittance. Shadow had a feeling that his closest neighbor would have an interest in magics as old as these he also knew he could glean some information from the old demon if he's patient enough. This kind of magic has been sung in legends far before my time... It is troubling for all that these tales of old are now starting to come into light... The deep red spirit drifted around lazily, troubled as it would seem to Shadow. I can hear my brothers screaming to escape their plane and into this realm to get a chance of having their hands on this powerful magic... I can only suppose the archangels will have an interest in this magic too...

Shadow looked at the demon in awe, even the archangels who were long forgotten are still alive?!?!? And they might be interested in this?!?!? This news troubled and excited him; however, he didn't know if he would enjoy a war that could span the whole world... Why do you tell me this? The smaller spirit asked.

The red spirit moved in close to the blue one, almost making it to look as if it were swallowing the smaller. But the spirit of Shadow was too well defined and the demon had learn the futility of trying any longer long ago. Because my life force is stuck with yours, it's a permanent deal with you that I have to see through. So it is my best interest to keep you alive until I can finally rid you and I can return to my homeland with a trophy. The red spirit grumbled. And with that, all of the landscape dissipated and Shadow slipped into a full unconsciousness. All it took was a second for all of that to pass.

User avatar
RaelScion
Outlaw
Posts: 100
Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:23 pm
Gender: Male
Species: Feline
Contact:
United States of America

Re: Relics Of the Kingdom

Post by RaelScion » Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:01 pm

Nyulotha nods sharply to Zylo, freeing her halberd from its holder, casting the leather harness from the weapon onto the ground, and even bringing her large shield up and around to the fore, slotting the halberd into a small metal-edged opening, allowing her to use the combination and still move. The wolfess begins moving to the indicated point. Her expression is grim, cold and ready. "Stay close and stay on your toes," she admonishes, barely glancing back to Zylo as she advances. Blue runes flicker to life on the metal of her halberd and the metal edging of her shield. It would seem that she's prepared for almost everything. Her eyes sweep the area before her over the top of her shield, hunting whatever it was that Shadow saw.

User avatar
arSyx
Assassin
Posts: 98
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2014 1:08 am
Gender: Male

Re: Relics Of the Kingdom

Post by arSyx » Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:14 pm

Irik's shoulders just kind of slumped as he was instructed to keep an eye on their sleeping comrade. With the other two leaving, he felt all the more helpless to the unknown. He moved himself closer to Shadow, debating on whether or not to try and wake him up for his own reassurance. Somewhat frantically, he looked around for anything off. Seeing nothing, the possum quickly let his pack slip off of his shoulders, taking out his ink and parchment. Laying the parchment out on the rock, he thought quickly on what kind of protection spells he could draft up. With his mind made up, he dipped the quill into the ink and... felt a faint clink.
"Can something please go right today?" Irik groaned and stuffed his supplies back in the bag. His ink had frozen over, preventing him from making any new spells that could help them.
Nervous and hopeless, Irik stayed huddled close to Shadow, his eyes constantly scanning the area around them.

User avatar
Zylowolfos
Count
Posts: 303
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:14 pm

Re: Relics Of the Kingdom

Post by Zylowolfos » Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:12 pm

Zylo could sense the presence far off in the distance. Whatever enemies were approaching at the moment, he could sense that they held a dark presence. As they positioned themselves behind a few large boulders, Zylo crouched down and signaled Nyulotha to take cover.

It was only a quarter mile from camp, when Zylo peered behind the boulders to see two, gargoyle-type monsters searching ferevously. The two growled lowly as they scanned the area. 'It seems Feilans are not the only ones looking for the relic...' Zylo thought to himself as he crouched low and drew his blades. He looked quietly over to Nyulotha, raising his hand to signal his readiness for a strike. The gargoyles paused, probably sensing the furs nearby. The second they turned to scan the open area, Zylo closed his fist to begin the attack."Divining Strike," The fox jumped out from behind the rocks, implaing one of the gargoyles through the heart, his blade glowing dimly with a holy enchantment. He readied himself in case the other gargoyle reacted.

User avatar
RaelScion
Outlaw
Posts: 100
Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:23 pm
Gender: Male
Species: Feline
Contact:
United States of America

Re: Relics Of the Kingdom

Post by RaelScion » Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:28 pm

Nyulotha snarls as Zylo darts around her. "Overzealous fool!" she barks angrily, stumbling to try and keep up with the fox. Her weapons were more meant for a defensive measure in this case, but the decision to attack was made for her. The wolfess lunges with the halberd, the long spike on the head of the weapon tearing the membranous wing of the living creature, preventing it from taking wing at the very least. However, the attack and her angry response to it have alerted the creature and it barrels past Nyulotha, bouncing off her shield and making for the direction of the camp! Nyulotha roars in frustration, trying to turn her shield and halberd to take the creature from behind, but it's too fleet of foot and is safe from her retaliation in moments.

User avatar
arSyx
Assassin
Posts: 98
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2014 1:08 am
Gender: Male

Re: Relics Of the Kingdom

Post by arSyx » Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:36 pm

Irik, in the meantime, was just beginning to calm his nerves at the thought that perhaps his comrades had this all under control. Perhaps there wasn't even an immediate danger. A person could be anyone, after all. However, as the gargoyle came charging into view, the possum about jumped out of his fur. He'd seen one of these in a book before, and now he was wishing it had just stayed there.
This time though, Irik had been a bit more prepared for the situation. He quickly withdrew an arcane formula, slipped it across the snow, and moved his hand in an upward motion. The snow around him melted into a liquid state and formed into a thick wall before him and Shadow and immediately hardened into a fairly thick wall of ice. In addition, each edge of the wall was in contact with one of the rocks, so the gargoyle would have to break through to get to them, which bought them some time. However, it also meant they were boxed in. Irik got another slip ready and began to chant its invocation. His innate magic power was dismal, which is why he relied on formulae, but with an incantation first, perhaps he could incapacitate this creature should it break through...
He tried not to look at the fiendish creature as it chipped away at his momentary defense. His heart was beating fast enough as it was.

User avatar
Zylowolfos
Count
Posts: 303
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:14 pm

Re: Relics Of the Kingdom

Post by Zylowolfos » Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:53 pm

The first gargoyle writhed as it's dark soul was ensnared by the magical properties of Zylo's enchantment. Though the first enemy had been slain, the second was too quick. 'Damn..' Zylo thought as he bounded after the gargoyle, knowing that Irik had been left with an unconscious teammate. He quickly sneered as he saw a thick barrier of ice rise before the encroaching Gargoyle. Picking up his pace, Zylo drew his blade once again and prepared for another attack.

This time the gargoyle noticed all too quickly that he was being followed, and prepared his defense. Zylo's first strike missed as the gargoyle quickly sidestepped to dodge the attack, jumping back to increase their distance. The gargoyle heaved a hair-raising shriek as it charged towards the fox, lunging sloppily as it lost blood from its wound. The fox was quick to parry the strike, plunging his blade through the gargoyles abdomen. The gargoyle squirmed in pain and slowly lost all movement as its dark presence faded from existence. Zylo let the body drop to the floor and composed himself, "Everyone alright?" He called out to his teammates.

User avatar
RaelScion
Outlaw
Posts: 100
Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:23 pm
Gender: Male
Species: Feline
Contact:
United States of America

Re: Relics Of the Kingdom

Post by RaelScion » Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:09 pm

Nyulotha tromps back toward the camp, shield lowered at her side and halberd over her right shoulder. She looks rather peeved about Zylo's sudden attack. "I believe I was asked to lead the charge," she admonishes upon reaching the camp, dropping her weapons to the ground with a clatter. The wolfess looks to be in a high foul temper, shoulders raised angrily. "Do you realize what your rash action could have led to, boy?" she snaps. "You announced our presence before I could place myself properly, and your zealousness nearly cost our companions their lives." The wolfess stands up military-straight, crossing her arms over her plated chest, glowering from beneath her snow-flecked blue hood at the fox. "What do you have to say for yourself?"

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest