Welcome to the World of Feila!

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

New to the forum? Get started by reading general information about Feila and the rules of the forum.

Need help? Send a private message to RabidFox. The staff is always willing to assist users with questions and problems. There's also a thread for how to role-play.

Don't be shy. Feel free to start posting when you're ready. We have a friendly community that is more than happy to welcome you and invite you to role-play. And don't worry about all the informational threads! You only need minimal knowledge to role-play. There's no need to do lots of reading.

Role-players wanting to write role-playing posts under five sentences, see the One Liners board.

Check out our announcement forum, The World Court, for important information about what's going on in our community.

Want to chat with other Feilans? Check out our Discord server!

(Arras, Domus) That strange Hazelnut smell...

The third most powerful nation of Feila, ruled by the Canine. The current system of government is Feudalist/Absolute Monarchy, with the monarch as the control of power and the aristocracy. It's military is fourth largest in number, and weaker than Gawain's or Edwin's. It consists of the Domus Army and Navy. It is geographically one of the smaller nations of Feila. Similar to Earth's medieval France.
Rosaris
Duke
Species: Grey/Fennec Foxtaur
United States of America

(Arras, Domus) That strange Hazelnut smell...

Post by Rosaris » Fri Dec 25, 2015 2:18 pm

One thing I remember as a kid was growing up along the rolling coasts of Artois, a quaint little dirt hut with my mother and father and sister in the back part of the woods, with a farm and plenty of food to boot… those were good times. Dad went away on some random trip and never came back… I never knew why, and mom has been tending to the farm since I left home as a journey foxy. I suppose it is a good time as any to pay them a visit, right?

I made a stop in the town of Arras to pick up a gift for our own personal holiday that we always celebrated around this time of year for winter and such… meh, why am I writing this? I know I will be the only one that will read it… I guess it’s the only way to keep myself sane, right? I haven’t really spoken to anyone since I got back here in Normandy… so it might be an interesting journal sharing experience if I ever decide to turn this nonsense into some sort of novel or whatever. Kind of like how Dad use to do…

The sound of chickens going absolutely nuts caught Jerry off guard for a moment, causing the big eared and small statured foxtaur to jump slightly as he snapped his journal shut after the magical paper he used to keep everything in line and cataloged flashed red to dry the ink before putting it away in his satchel bag, looking around a bit at all the familiar two legged canines running amok about the village as they went about their business. He wore usual attire for someone of his wealth level… made of leather and even though looking scuffed up and mangled in a few places, he did have it well maintained and knew it would last him for a while.

“Headed home I take it?” asked a man as he trotted up to the four legged one, giving a tip of his hat before flashing a smile of kindness. “You do look as if you have seen a lot from the size of your logbook my dear son, tell me, how much time have you spent away from home?”

“Two years sir” replied Jerry as he looked toward the road ahead for a moment, then back toward the man, admiring the fancy attire he adorned about himself. “But I am curious… why did you pick me to speak to? I’m certainly not an interesting person to be around… am I?”

“Well, I peeked at your writings whilst you were jotting them down…” admitted the man as he gave a chuckle. “You should be more careful when it comes to writing down your most personal thoughts on paper… it may get you hurt one day.”

Jerry couldn’t help it, he blushed, and gave a huff, before shaking his head a bit as he looked around for a moment. “A-Anyways, is there a store I can maybe pick up some flowers and maybe a gift for my family, that you know of?” he asked with a nervous tone in his voice.

“Why yes, it’s right down the road two buildings and then on the left…” replied the man, before turning to walk away. “Oh and Jerry… be more careful… you don’t wanna end up in a casket.” and with that, the man was gone.

Now what could that have been all about? The taur looked confused as ever as he started toward the store, quietly digging around in his bandolier belt for coins before managing to get around 10 gold coins out of all the five pouches before slipping into the office, bumping gently against a couple people. “S-Sorry!” he replied in a surprised tone. Not knowing who he bumped into.
My Characters in Detailed Things and plus Threads!
The light must be extinguished, for the shadows to Disappear...
Feila Discord Server! Join Naoh!!
National Project Thingy!
Winter is Coming... are you prepared for the coming STORM?!

Sponsor

Asyriel
God
United States of America

Re: (Arras, Domus) That strange Hazelnut smell...

Post by Asyriel » Sat Dec 26, 2015 7:53 pm

Natsuki had come into the town early the evening before though she had been too tired to do much more than stagger up to a room in the inn where she promptly flopped onto the bed and fell asleep. The next day brought, well, another day. She had originally planned to just pass through the town on her way to other destinations, but after some consideration she had decided to see if there wasn't some business to be done before she moved on.

The merchant vixen had found herself in one of the local shop, and after displaying what she had, and some spirited negotiation she had made a deal with the owner. It was just as she was completing said deal that a foxtaur had come into the shop. "Merc---yah!" she exclaimed as the taur bumped into her. The sound of a handful of coins clattering across the floor immediately followed as the bump knocked them from her hand. A string of curses followed from her mouth as she scrambled across the floor to pick them all up. "Take a care will you" She called after the taur, too annoyed by the altercation for the fact that he was a taur to settle in right away.

Rosaris
Duke
United States of America

Post by Rosaris » Sat Dec 26, 2015 9:08 pm

Jer couldn't help but give a nervous smile before quickly ducking down and gathering the remainder of the coins from the ground from where he was, looking around quickly before offering them to the vixen, giving a nervous expression as he said nothing, silently keeping his hands to himself as he didn't exactly know what to expect from the woman as she kind of... well, seemed annoyed enough by his presence. He sauntered over to the flowers after setting the coins down on the counter for her to gain access to them to do what he came to do here in the merchant shop, not wanting to cause any further trouble as he pondered in the back of his mind as to what exactly what to get for his mother and sister.

"I had best watch my step... guh I hate being a taur sometimes..." he thought to himself before flattening his ears to his head, the foxtaur of course looking distressed as he looked on toward the flowers and avoided eye contact with anyone for the moment. Not a good start for him to be back here in town...

"I wonder how much these are..." he thought to himself as he reached out to inspect a purple flower that sat in a crowd of pink ones, curious as to what it was and where it had came from. It seemed all too familiar for him to be looking at this kind of flower for some odd reason, but he didn't know why. Maybe a repressed memory or something from his childhood? He didn't know...
National Project Thingy!

Asyriel
God
United States of America

Post by Asyriel » Sun Dec 27, 2015 7:39 pm

Natsuki eyed the taur as he picked up some of the coins she had dropped. She wondered if she may have to say something, but he deposited them on the counter where she swiftly scooped them up. Once the coins were secure, Natsuki looked over at the taur and sighed. He had bumped into her, but she hadn't exactly been graceful about it.

She carefully stepped up next to the foxtaur, examining the flowers for a moment before she spoke. "Flowers for someone special?" She asked. "Sorry about the outburst." She continued. "My name is Natsuki." At this point, she looked around the shop, and pitched her voice low. "I deal in exotic, and hard to find goods if you're interested in something a little...more...than flowers." She told the taur in conspiratorial tones, careful not to let the owner of the shop hear what she was saying, most shop owners didn't appreciate competition in their own shops.

Rosaris
Duke
United States of America

Post by Rosaris » Sun Dec 27, 2015 9:41 pm

Jer perked his ears up when he heard the voice, turning his head a bit to listen before giving a subtle nod and a small smile as she spoke, taking in the information that she was giving for a moment before responding. “Names Jerry Waynerite. I am looking for some flowers for my mother and sister for a welcome home gift, and maybe a little treat of sorts… maybe a nicknack or something to surprise them with” he explained in a low tone, before looking at the woman. “It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance miss Natsuki… are you perhaps from the lands of Yamaha?” he inquired out of curiosity, as the name did sound like someone from Yamaha, at least to him it did.

He felt someone brush past his flanks for a moment, quickly scooting forward and sitting down on the floor in order to minimize the space he took up… being a taur ‘n all really was a pain in the neck at times. “I do apologize for bumping into you earlier… I hope I did get all the coins I knocked out of the way for you, if not, I can always give you a few of my own… even though I don’t have too many to speak of.”
National Project Thingy!

Asyriel
God
United States of America

Post by Asyriel » Wed Dec 30, 2015 6:41 pm

"Well, I don't have flowers..." Natsuki replied quietly. "but I do have a variety of other things." She said with a small shrug. She shook her head when Jerry asked if she was from Yamaha. "No, I'm not from Yamaha, though I've been there before. I'm actually from Rennes. My name is from Yamaha though, at least according to my father, and an old family friend who came from there." She smiled, hinting that there was more of a story to it than she had told.

She waved her hand dismissively when he apologized for bumping into her. "It's no big deal...I probably overreacted a bit." She replied. "I'm pretty sure I've got all the coins." She paused for a moment. "So, your mother and sister were away?" She asked with some curiosity.

Rosaris
Duke
United States of America

Post by Rosaris » Mon Jan 04, 2016 4:48 am

He shook his head a bit at the question before picking out a various color of roses and other flowers, forming a bouquet with a spare piece of ribbon he had before giving a smile to the woman. "Vice Versa... I was away" he said simply before pulling out two gold coins, handing them to the shop owner before motioning for her to follow if she chose to do so. "Come on." he said simply.

After stepping out and onto the street, he sat down once more, reaching into his lower most beltpocket before pulling out a piece of dried deer meat, giving a chomp to it before beginning to chew away at it to quell his hunger, hearing a few choice words of shooing being shouted by the shop owner to someone that didn't want to behave it seemed. "Sheesh... Matilda hasn't changed..." he mumbled softly to himself, looking around a bit for the girl that he had been talking to. He was curious as to what kinds of wares she had to offer for him to buy as a present for his family.
National Project Thingy!

Asyriel
God
United States of America

Post by Asyriel » Sat Jan 16, 2016 5:15 pm

"Oh" Natsuki replied when Jerry explained that he was the one who had been gone. "The way you talked about welcome home gifts...seemed like they were the ones who had been gone, and not yourself." She said with a small shrug. She followed him out of the shop, her business inside was done anyway.

Outside, she stopped next to Jerry as he decided to sit down and eat. She shrugged when the shop keep was mentioned. "I don't pass through here often so I wouldn't know." She paused for a moment. "Did you have something in mind that you were hoping to get?" She asked.

Rosaris
Duke
United States of America

Post by Rosaris » Sun Jan 24, 2016 5:54 pm

"A music box maybe?" he suggested as he looked toward Natsuki with a curious look in his eyes, honestly wondering what she would have to offer, and if he would be able to afford such items if it came down to it... he then spoke once again. "I would like something that plays music for my mother and sister, if I could just get that, I would be set as far as gifts went."

He didn't really know what to think at the moment, things were a bit different here in town, and yet... seemed so much the same. He just hoped to the heavens that his mother and sister were alright and were even still around in this place. They had been talking about moving from the last visit to somewhere better... but where exactly was 'better'? He didn't know. He quietly chewed at the jerky in his mouth as he pondered a bit, before speaking again. "I have twelve gold left over, that should be more than enough to buy something for them, right?" he said mostly to himself, giving a nervous laugh afterward before sighing and swallowing the jerky in his maw.
National Project Thingy!

Asyriel
God
United States of America

Post by Asyriel » Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:53 pm

"Music box...Hmm..let's see." Natsuki replied with a smile as she set her pack down on the ground next to her. She pulled on a pair of gloves before she started rummaging through her pack. The pack was not full of what one would think of as goods, it was actually full of separate satchels. She pulled out a couple of different satchels, reaching into one of them briefly before pulling her hand out and shaking her head to herself. "Not in that one." She mumbled to herself before she reached into another one. Her ears perked as she heard Jerry mention his budget, and she nodded. Her expression lit up as she apparently closed her hand on what she had been looking for. She pulled out a simple box with a winding lever, and a hole for the sound to escape. "I do happen to have one in your price range....it's not fancy, but it does play a simple tune." She said as she cranked the lever a few times, and let the box play.

Rosaris
Duke
United States of America

Post by Rosaris » Sun Jan 24, 2016 9:07 pm

He perked his ears up as he listened to the tune, before nodding and smiling wide as he pulled out three gold coins, offering them to her. "Is this enough?" he asked, curious as he didn't exactly want to be robbed blind today, but if it meant the happiness of his family... oh well, right? He pondered in the back of his mind about different things as he just let his mind wander for the moment, waiting for the woman's answer.
National Project Thingy!

Asyriel
God
United States of America

Post by Asyriel » Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:00 pm

Natsuki looked down at the coins that had been offered with a slight frown. "Hmm...well." She paused for a moment as she thought about the offer, glancing back and forth between the box and the coins a couple of times. Eventually, with a very slight sigh, she nodded. "Yeah, three should cover it." She said as she took the coins, and handed over the music box. "Soo..." She started after another moment. "Are you heading home for good, or is it just a visit?" She asked as she put her satchel back in her larger pack before pulling off the gloves then tying her pack back up and putting it back on.

Rosaris
Duke
United States of America

Post by Rosaris » Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:19 am

He took the music box from her and carefully placed it in a pack with a bit of cloth and other valuables of his, before answering her question. "I'll probably be returning home for a little while, then leaving again... as the life of an adventurer is, you know?" he said with a small chuckle, giving a kind smile before hearing thunder off in the distance, looking up at the sky out of instinct. "Well... it doesn't seem like its gonna rain anytime soon, but it sure sounds like it" he added before laying eyes back on Natsuki once more. "I was thinking about maybe heading toward Maze next in my travels... though to be honest I'm not sure where I'll be heading other than where ever my feet decide to take me"
National Project Thingy!

Asyriel
God
United States of America

Post by Asyriel » Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:12 pm

Natsuki chuckled. "I wouldn't know the life of an adventurer by choice most days....I'm a merchant primarily, just get roped into those adventures from time to time." Her ears flattened against her head as she heard the sound of thunder in the distance "Ugh...I hate rain." She muttered. "Sure, it doesn't look like it's going to hit anytime soon, but I know my luck. The rain will wait till I'm half a day out of town then the bottom will drop" It was easy to tell just thinking about the situation had her a little miffed. Jerry's comment about Maze grabbed her attention. "Maze huh...Just got back from there a few months back. They just got out of a civil war not long ago." She sighed heavily as her thoughts returned to the idea of impending rain. "I may have to go back to the inn for another night...I hate getting caught out in a storm."

Rosaris
Duke
United States of America

Post by Rosaris » Sun Jan 31, 2016 4:23 pm

"Don't worry too much about it," he said with a kind smile, before looking up at the sky again, then back at her. "If I had to guess it will be about six to seven hours before the main event gets here, honest" he said with a small chuckle as he reached behind him, grabbing some weird looking umbrella off of one of the hooks from his flank before handing it to her. "Press the button on the side, and you'll be nice and dry for a long while. As long as you don't poke your head above the casting bubble!" he then turned to begin to walk off, before speaking again. "If you want, you can tag along to my parents house, if you got nothing better to do... I am sure it'd be a pleasant experience to get away from the hustle and bustle of the city, and hey, my mom is a good cook!"
National Project Thingy!