Welcome to the World of Feila!

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

New to the forum? Get started by reading general information about Feila and the rules of the forum.

Need help? Send a private message to RabidFox. The staff is always willing to assist users with questions and problems. There's also a thread for how to role-play.

Don't be shy. Feel free to start posting when you're ready. We have a friendly community that is more than happy to welcome you and invite you to role-play. And don't worry about all the informational threads! You only need minimal knowledge to role-play. There's no need to do lots of reading.

Role-players wanting to write role-playing posts under five sentences, see the One Liners board.

Check out our announcement forum, The World Court, for important information about what's going on in our community.

Want to chat with other Feilans? Check out our Discord server!

Crime is always a possibility (Edwin) (Open)

This is where all of the Age of Cyborgs role-plays are archived.
Jackie Haystack
God

Post by Jackie Haystack » Sat Dec 06, 2008 2:24 am

Sarah was confused at the spray looking like she screamed slightly when it was applied, still nothing she could do about it. She continued to trudge on next to Patches, you could see with the collar gone that it had left a dark ring of burned fur around it. Sarah was in awe however of what was happening, why was patches helping her? Then again she thinks such things are best not to qeustion. She couldn't help but frown at the maternal look though and tried to say quiet loudly with a wide mouth 'I'm twenty! dont give me that look' but still no sound came and she wasn't either sure if Patches noticed.

Sponsor

enkashi
Rogue

Post by enkashi » Sat Dec 06, 2008 2:57 am

"Yer a third my age, sugar, ya lil' whippersnapper." Patches said distractedly. The hell? Did she have eyes in the back of her bloody head? Sarah was getting a good look... why yes, yes she did. They were designs in her hair, no more, but the effect was kind of comical, like a sort of smiley face for the viewing pleasure of really precise satellites, bored snipers, and wounded little kittens.Suddenly, for some reason... the woman seemed a lot less dangerous.

She was peering around corners, her fluffed tail wagging quite cheerfully behind her, despite the tension of the situation as they advanced down the crime-ridden buildingways. The pattern seemed so random, but she moved unhesitatingly, corridor after corridor.

Jackie Haystack
God

Post by Jackie Haystack » Sat Dec 06, 2008 3:03 am

Sarah yet again was suprised by the answer. How many suprises can I take in one night? she wonders to herself as they criss cross through the corridors in the night. The smiley face was amusing to say the least, she had seen other furs who had then for a joke in a party but not in a permanant way like this one seemed to be. The important thing as far as Sarah was concerned was that Patches had 'heard her'. She decided to test whether it was just luck or not and asked again with her mouth 'where are we going?'. Sarah was really worried at the moment, Patches seemed.. unstable but if she was caught again the thought of being stuck with Deigo drove her on with Patches at any rate.

enkashi
Rogue

Post by enkashi » Sat Dec 06, 2008 3:34 am

"Got a workshop" she responded again, like clockwork "We're going to my house, I guess. Course, house is relative, what I mean of course is shithole with wrenches." was her steady reply.

"Got some grub there, enough to fix that little fleshwound right up, and get us both on our merry way... would be crazy to think that knob-goblin would have that kind of chutzpah if he didn't have a reason, sugar. I'll wager he's got some party goons on his side. With my luck, I'm now a political kidnapper, wanted dead or alive." She said, quite simply, and chuckled at the thought...

"Oh wait... that's the story o'm'bloody life." she said, with some biting sarcasm.

"Hah."

Jackie Haystack
God

Post by Jackie Haystack » Sat Dec 06, 2008 3:38 am

Sarah nodded chukcling silently to herself. And that makes me a political prisoner she thinks with a grin. Little did Sarah know that Patches was definitly right, as it stood five party members were coming the streets for their little pet and her kidnapper. 'Will you fix my voice?' Sarah asks eager to be able to speak again. Actaully she was more eager to sleep at the moment but never mind that fact.

[yeah sorry for really lame post lessons starting :(]

enkashi
Rogue

Post by enkashi » Sat Dec 06, 2008 3:40 am

This, patches wasnt so sure about, but she didn't want to dissapoint her charge on this... a voice was an important thing. She knew it was gelware, like the rest of her muscles, so she could probably grow her a new voice too, couldn't she? She fingered the destroyed voicebox in her hands, and felt its form... just felt it, as she thought, and stared ahead some distance a moment. After her pause, she gave a look to a nearby brick wall.

"Okay... where is that door..." she muttered, brushing her hands around it, pushing on bricks... before at last coming upon a brick that was just a shade lighter, but it was not special - the hallway was lined with them that looked just like it - like the building committee or whatever got lazy on quality of bricks here in the not-so-well-policed areas.

Anyhow, she gave it a good punch, and with a shudder, it slammed in about a foot. The bricks folded inward by a hydraulic function, and she spilled the two of them inward to the absolute darkness.

Once Sarah was in, the bricks realigned again, sealing them into the secret chamber. It smelled like tacoes and machine grease in there, and perhaps a bit like matches and pinecones. Wasn't an unpleasant scent, just a lived-in one. Eventually, the lights flicked on and slathered the area in creamy light from the dusty flourescent lamp.

Wow, it really was a shithole. It looked like something of a cross between a kitchen, a bedroom with a pile of soft-looking fluff instead of a bed (bits of it everywhere, here and there, but generally piled up), and a rather big, fuzzy brown-and-black tarantula that looked like a giant jumping spider the size of a chihuahua sitting on the workbench, playing with what looked like a cockroach.

In the corner, on the edge of the fluff-bed, was curled a more furrylike form, though; Its upper body was a blue-and-white dog of some kind, obviously male, but very femenine and... well, cute. Darker blue hair from his head spilled out around him. His lower body, though, was that of a giant blue cobalt tarantula, with a soft-looking abdomen and legs that ended in claws.

Both though, regardless of what they had been doing, stopped and looked to the doorway, and mostly at Sarah. There was an akward moment, before Patches at last spoke.

"Take it easy, She's with me." Patches murmured, and eyed the spidertaur as he got up, and moved closer. Man alive he was gorgeous, despite the spidery lower body, but even that had a cuteness to it.

"P-Patches..." he murmured, his voice soft and mild "Whose... whose this?" he asked, making a point of not getting close to Sarah, as if he were scared of her!

"Hm, dunno, but I busted her outa slavery today- Hey sugar, this is my beloved pet, Nemo. Nemo, um... Well, she cant talk really." she announced proudly, putting an arm around the girl.
Last edited by enkashi on Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jackie Haystack
God

Post by Jackie Haystack » Sun Dec 07, 2008 2:03 pm

Sarah stared at the wall confused as Patches looked for a 'door', to be honest she hadn't being to sure of her new friends sanity anyway, and this wasn't helping at all. However Sarah did jump back at the punch, she had several marks on her body, hidden so as not to interfere with her job, that were the result of Deigo wanting to be more conventional. As she stepped into the work shop she looked bewildered and frightened at the same time, her fear however was slightly relaxed at the sight of the dog getting up, maybe he's not as... off it as patches, she thinks hopefully before flinching slightly at the legs, hopefully, she reminds herself as she stands and listens. When patches had finished talking and placed an arm round her, Sarah wasn't sure what to do honestly Patches had helped her but as Sarah freqeuntly reminded herself, Patches didn't seem to be all that stable, her eyes flickered from her thoughts as she heard Patches stuck for her name, 'Sarah' she mouths hoping she didn't look too ridiculous.

enkashi
Rogue

Post by enkashi » Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:10 am

"Sarah" Patches announced, and stood off the girl fully, moving toward the workbench.

"Sarah, huh?" He looked to her, and moved closer a little, smiling warmly. He looked like a kind, healthy person, if a bit sleep deprived, and seemed to fill the whole room with his warmth. He folded his hands in his lap, and bowed shallowly, hardly a custom in Edwin. He then accepted Patches coat, flashed the girl a smile, and offered her into the room. "Please, don't just stand there, come in!" she murmured, scurrying off toward the kitchen tools some distance away, his long legs moving through the clutter carefully with little "over this.." and "my that looks fragile and important" remarks as he went.

Nemo quickly busied himself with... something or over there on the counter. Patches, though, seemed to be playing with the spiderling, but not paying attention to it. Really, she was watching Nemo, her eyes distant, a faint smile on her face. She took that smile, and beamed at the little spider she was playing with, pushing it over and playfully petting its belly. It received the attention with a chitter, and bats at her hand with a claw.

"Nemo, I had to hurt her to get a shock collar off, we need to fix her throat. Foamed her up and everything, but its not good enough." she called to her roommate. The creature responded with perked ears and by standing up a little straighter suddenly.

"Was wondering what that was" and with that, he relaxed again, set down whatever it was he was doing, and nodded. "So the vats then?" he asked, motioning to a couple canisters by the wall as Patches finished her playing with the spider by putting the gentle little creature up on her head, and tying him up in her hair. Didn't take long for him to forget what he was doing and fall asleep, though.

"Yup" But Nemo was already doing it. These two seemed to have a system down or something of the like... though that mighta been scary in and of itself.

"Cmere, Sarah" Patches murmured, and motioned over with a wave of her hand to the table, pulling up a reclining office chair and clicking the brakes down. Nemo returned to the two, with what definately looked like the world's smallest pliar set, the weakly humming metal canisters of the vats on a cart, and some dusty papers with coffee spilled in spots here and there on them, long ago dried. Patches accepted them, smiling, and turned once more to Sarah. "Have a seat, sugar."

Jackie Haystack
God

Post by Jackie Haystack » Tue Dec 09, 2008 2:24 am

Sarah looked at Patches with her eyes wide, it was clear she was scared. As far as Sarah was concerned she didn't want Patches, who inspite of showing percision earlier still seemed a bit, unstable as Sarah constantly reminded herself. None the less after a few seconds she decided she didnt really have a choice and walked over to the chair sitting down. For some one who was scared, Sarah's body langauge was suprisingly open, in fact if it weren't for the constat staring at the pliars you'd think she was just expecting a conversation. She looked to Patches from her seat as if to say, 'is this going to hurt?'.

enkashi
Rogue

Post by enkashi » Tue Dec 09, 2008 7:03 am

"Patches..." Nemo began, seeing the girl's apprehensiveness, reading it openly on her. The coyote didn't react at first, but soon let out a long, hard sigh and nodded.

"Yeh, I know...." she muttered, but she sounded calm, like this was a routine for her, having to deal with the reactions of others. Maybe that appearance wasn't so bulletproof after all.

"What, you shot her with Mr. Sandman?" Nemo growled at his roommate after guiding Sarah to lie back and relax some. "The heck were you thinking, Jen? That she'd fawn over you like her savior or something? Oh sure, I'm in excruciating pain, you blew my throat to kingdom come, but hey -" he cooed, examining the wound and starting to pull out a bit of the foam with gloved hands., but was silenced with but a single look from Patches, silenced and frozen in spot.

"Get the damn measurements." the coyote spat, hurt and anger in her eyes. There was a moment of friction, like gears grinding, and the silence was deafening. But he did what she said, not saying another damn word on the matter. Patches was silent, her expression concentrated, but neutral, staring at the pieces of paper, flipping through rigid old pages until she found something that caught her eye.

Meanwhile, Nemo was busying himself on the girl's neck, carefully reaching into her neck, and gently pulling out the soft foam, silent as the grave. So far though, he was a good nurse - getting the sticky foam out probably should have hurt, but his hands were slender and agile, and so very, very careful. The ordeal was painless, maybe tickled a little at most as he touched her neck's insides and the main relays in the back, taking out every last bit of the sticky substance with rag hand and bucket.

"No, sugar..." Patches said, patting Sarah's arm once, just gently. "... Nemo is a good nurse, he fixes me up kinda often, you're in good hands" she said, and gave Nemo a forgiving stroke across the ears and deposited the pet spider onto his head, eliciting a soft murr from the hybrid. Just like that, it seemed, she'd forgiven him.

The whole procedure took about two or three hours, and left Sarah with a sensitive new throat, and a hoarse voice she was vigorously instructed not to push for two days until her body got used to it. There was a layer of white fuzz that grew in on her neck's repaired flesh where her throat had been mass-annhialated by Patches's gun, creating a velvety texture, but it was all clean and pleasurable to the touch. Nemo cleaned up, and Patches put the papers away, then walked into the kitchenette.

This left Nemo and the spiderling deposited on his head to keep the kitten company. Nemo worked carefully, looking the girl over for other things that would be worth fixing, but that tarantula-jumpingspider kept watching the kitten with big, innocent eyes, nestled between Nemo's perked ears. Within about twenty minuites, Sarah's voice would return.

Jackie Haystack
God

Post by Jackie Haystack » Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:31 am

Sarah winced slightly during the procedure trying not to pay attention to two things. First was obviously the procedure itself, regardless of being a machine it was still not a pleasant experience to look at your throat being examined and placed together. The second was the conversation, she wasn't sure quite what was meant by it, but she didn't dwell on it more than having a desire to say thank you to Patches to show that Sarah realised it was nessaccary. She couldn't help but stroke the new texture on her throat, it felt so different Sarah wasn't sure what to do. Slowly but surely Sarah started using her voice again, it started with grunts but quickly advanced to better functions and slowly but surely she started to talk to Nemo, useless things like the weather, that show on TV or whether pizza or curry was better, eventually Sarah worked up a bit of courage and asked, "whats up with Patches?" she tried to make it quiet but the problem with a cyborgs voice box is that when new, it tends to not function perfectly and the qeustion came out just loud enough to hear in the kitchen, Sarah slammed her hands to her mouth wide eyed snap! she thinks astonished.

enkashi
Rogue

Post by enkashi » Wed Dec 10, 2008 3:07 pm

Whatever Patches was doing, it was damn loud, sounding like boiling nails or along those lines with how it clinked and churned over the stove, so it didn't seem like she'd heard what Sarah had said at all, she looked busy... but Nemo heard her just fine.

The drider smiled with a blush, giving sarah a playful little bat with his paw. "Shhhh!" he teased, and looked to her to make sure Patches was happily boiling rocks or whatever, before nodding. "Patches is just Patches... no more, no less. Believe me, I should know, I've been her lover for four years now and she still surprises me." he smiled, looking to her, and having a little moment. He adored her, it was obvious. He looked back to Sarah, and canted his head just slightly in another of his glowing smiles.

"She's like a snake - really soft and smooth - as long as you avoid the sharp end." Boy, that said a mouthful. Patches smiled, not letting on that she'd heard them... how could she not, she read lips by 4didar she wouldn't really turn off. If that made it easier to eavesdrop, so be it. In those years, Nemo had yet to figure it out.

She loved that analogy.

Jackie Haystack
God

Post by Jackie Haystack » Wed Dec 10, 2008 3:17 pm

Sarah smiled at the fact that Patches, as far as she was aware, hadn't heard. She wasn't sure about Patches but it was good to have some one else say somthing positive about her. Sarah relaxed leaning back on her seat, she took part in conversation but otherwise seemed happy to try and get through this idea of 'freedom' that was becoming more and more viable.

Meanwhile Deigo had recovered from the shot, it had taken a bit of patching up and they had stuck him with a cybernetic leg, a cybernetic leg for gods sake! he thinks as he stalks up too the building, using a small chip inside Sarah to track her using his watch. Eventually he arrived at the wall at a loss, the tracker said she had gone through there but it was a solid wall, Deigo was confused to say the least but still remained in control as his entourage of five or six men all carrieing tazers designed to take out any cyborg by breaking several fuses in the most painful manner, to lay explosives on the wall. "Knock knock," he mutters with a grin as he pushes the button down.

[feel free to play one of the gaurds, there just NPCs but assume that although they would be happy to kill Patches and Nemo they wouldn't aim to hurt Sarah too badly]

enkashi
Rogue

Post by enkashi » Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:25 pm

"Nemo, we have company" Patches growled lowly, and the wolf went wide-eyed. Of course Patches knew this was coming... she could see... and not just in the room. She'd not been cooking food, after all... in her hand was a pot of lead, in the other was Mr. Sandman. She didn't have much warning... but she'd had enough to prepare this little soup for her guests. Boy had she screwed up, bringing Sarah to Nemo... she'd pay for this before the night was over, she just knew it.

Nemo scooped up Sarah without another word, and began to scurry off toward the kitchenette, and behind the workbench with the girl. This had happened before... hells yeah she'd gotten in trouble with the party in the past, and she seriously doubted this little pissant had the ordinance neccesary to blow that gateway open. When explosives started to be laid though... she began to sweat it. Oh yes, they could get through. The first blast wasn't enough to take the door down completely, there simply hadn't been enough... but a second charge would get through, without a doubt.

She thought back to oldschool games... like invader panic - the little ship at the bottom had shields ahead of him, and a city below to protect. This left him with precious few positions to fire from on the alien invaders, but a smart player... shot through their own shield to get a greater, unobstructed view of his foes, and would win in this strategy.

So it was that Patches raised Mr. Sandman, and actually loaded a clip. When she'd shot Diego before... it'd simply been with the disintegration lance... she'd not used an actual bullet, what Mr. Sandman was made for. He wouldn't get away a second time. The bullets, crafted of depleted uranium, became disintegrating, radioactive dust as they flew encased in a disintegration bolt, and once that had been absorbed by the flesh of what she shot, the powdered bullet would explode, sending radioactive particles of depleted uranium at supersonic speeds into adjacent tissues, perforating them into red goo, embedding them throughout the body to promise a slow, agonizing death. This custom weapon was humming and alive long before they would place a second charge.

"Mister sandman, bring me a dream <3 " Patches sang out loudly, as loud as she could.

Nemo covered Sarah's ears with his paws as Patches began firing through the wall, the bullets aimed at chest cavities, at heads, at killing the fools that had thought it might have been a good idea to get up that morning, the weapon smoking with the heat of each shot.

"Avoid the sharp end." Nemo mouthed to Sarah,

Jackie Haystack
God

Post by Jackie Haystack » Thu Dec 11, 2008 3:00 am

Sarah screamed slightly at the sudden movement, all ideas of freedom vanishing from her head. Behind the table Sarah nodded to the comment, it was easy to understand why that sharp end was a problem, as Deigos goons were figureing out. Two had already dropped to the sand mans bullets and the other four had the good sense to remain behind the cover of the wall. Deigo himself was incredibly fustrated "useless, useless people!" he shouts, "you should be able to take down some pathetic machines!" he screams above the sand mans shots. The goons clearly weren't sure however as all they would do was pop out occassionaly and fire their tazers, never quite hitting home, one did however hit the work bench with a resounding crackle making Sarah scream. Deigo laughed savouring the sound, "good girl, now come to Deigo before we have to hurt your friends," he shouts to her, trying to sound friendly. Sarah looked for a second as if she may go with Deigo, why should these furs suffer for me? she thinks but another tazer shot close to the work bench was enough to keep her still, for now.