Welcome to the World of Feila!

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

New to the forum? Get started by reading general information about Feila and the rules of the forum.

Need help? Send a private message to RabidFox. The staff is always willing to assist users with questions and problems. There's also a thread for how to role-play.

Don't be shy. Feel free to start posting when you're ready. We have a friendly community that is more than happy to welcome you and invite you to role-play. And don't worry about all the informational threads! You only need minimal knowledge to role-play. There's no need to do lots of reading.

Role-players wanting to write role-playing posts under five sentences, see the One Liners board.

Check out our announcement forum, The World Court, for important information about what's going on in our community.

Want to chat with other Feilans? Check out our Discord server!

The Adventure of The Mistletoe Circuit (Edwin) [PM to Join]

This is where all of the Age of Cyborgs role-plays are archived.
JamesG
Inquisitor

Post by JamesG » Tue Dec 09, 2008 2:40 am

Art followed Thomas, no really looking where he was going. Instead, he was holding up his wrist, muttering verbal commands to the cybernetic implants. If one listned, one mgiht hear him say, "Standard Interface - On. Plug-Ins -On, Tech-Support - On, Circuit Analysis - On" and so on. His arm was basically his tool-kit and computer code reader. Most work he did, through programming or physical alterations to circuitry could be done through the arm. It also conveniently could identify certain functions of the circuit or code, though the process needed the hyena's brain along with it.
"You can't just remain a root forever. Eventually you grow and change into other things, like stems and leaves and such. Are a tree's leaves an insult to its roots?" - Sade

"It is easy for a statesman, whether he be in the Cabinet or the Chamber, to blow a blast with the wind of popularity on the trumpet of war, warming himself the while at his own fireside; or to thunder orations from this tribune and then to leave it to the musketeer who is bleeding to death in the snow whether his system win fame and victory or no. There is nothing easier than that; but woe to the statesman who in these days does not look around him for a reason for war which will hold water when the war is over." - Otto von Bismarck

My Characters

Sponsor

Jackie Haystack
God

Post by Jackie Haystack » Tue Dec 09, 2008 3:28 am

Sarah just followed the group through still staying quiet. The two coyote's were talking to themselves behind her, eventualy one of them made their topic known to Sarah by tapping her on the shoulder and asking "what, are you doing here anyway?" that was a good qeustion Sarah thinks as she works on the answer. In the end she just shrugged and kept walking leaving the two coyotes to wonder about her. She was more intrested in Arts modifications, they were intriguing for her, she wasn't used to the technical side of things as the idea of a built in tool box facsinated the young looking cat she peeked over his shoulder on his tip toes her tail slowly moving from side to side as she mewled curiosly, she may not like it but she did suit the body she was stuck in being childish and upfront like this.

Rackenhammer
Spanish Scion
Species: Ferx

Post by Rackenhammer » Tue Dec 09, 2008 3:34 pm

Some of the audio eavesdropping equipment still worked, so James was able to gather that the grroup had come for repairs. He self-consciously looked at the wire cutters and other tools that he had used to gut the station for saleable parts. *Well, good luck. Seems I'll have to find a new domicile.* James packed, but reluctantly. If he left the security booth, he'd have no idea where the intruding group was, and might accidentally encounter them. While he packed a scavenged rucksack, he kept one eye on the monitors. It occurred to him, as most irrelevant things do, at the oddest of times that one of the group was female, and James liked the look of her. She looked familiar, but he couldn't place her.
Just as James prepared to leave out the back way, he noticed that a security guard, for the first time in months, was posted there, and another fur had parked there and was in the process of obtaining entrance. There was something blocking James' view of him, but he could hear him clear enough. Aparently he was here to look for an escaped cyborg. *Fat chance! They've caught up to me at last, then. Best get going.*
James grabbed his rucksack and the attache case, sneaked into the hallway, and paused. He wasn't entirely sure where to go next. He decided to go down by one of the emergency staircases. James had clipped a bit more than too many parts from the elevator mechanisms for him to trust them.
Be Humble in Yourself, but Adamant in the Truth.

Rackenhammer's RP Experience "blog"

e-mail: [email protected]

All my characters in their insane length

Justin
King

Post by Justin » Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:49 am

The corridor Thomas led them down didn't continue for very long - soon, it opened into a wider hallway that branched off into the dimly lit powerplant in three directions. He stopped and pulled out a handheld computer, skimming through a few maps. "I just want to make sure we go the right way. I'm not lost." he reassured them.

Wilson scowled and leaned against the wall. His brother, Taylor, glanced over Thomas's shoulder, looking around at the building once in a while as the cat flipped through various maps and charts of this plant.

It was... a little more complicated than he had thought, but getting to the computer room should be easy enough. He just needed to be safe about it.

Rackenhammer
Spanish Scion

Post by Rackenhammer » Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:28 pm

James stopped at the third floor. His brain had finally caught up with his fears. *Just what exactly do you think you are doing? The only two exits you know of are blocked, and you are more likely to get lost than find a third, undergroun portal. A smarter option would have been to pose as a member of the group, but it's a bit too late for that now. You'd be best just to shadow them, so that they don't sneak up on you.* James sneaked back upstairs to the 2nd floor corridor, and hid in one of the alcoves, listening and watching.

Justin
King

Post by Justin » Wed Dec 24, 2008 10:26 am

"All right, everyone, this way!" Thomas called out, optimistically, leading down the corridor. He didn't look back as he kept walking and glancing at the map. This facility was treacherous, and though this route was specifically designed for a speedy exit from the bowels of the plant, there were still dangers associated with it, mainly caused by the decay of the plant.

He carefully stepped over a fallen grate, evidently from some ventilator above his head. He continued leading on, just wanting to get to the computer rom as fast as possible, and to finish the job. He didn't like being in this plant any more than any of the others did.

And then, suddenly, in the side of the passage, they came upon an open door - the open door, which led straight into the rear of the computer room. Thomas smiled and put away the map.

JamesG
Inquisitor

Post by JamesG » Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:48 am

((Yes, I'm late. Sorry. :oops: ))

The fallen grate made a metallic groaning sound as Art stepped on it, the hyena near disregarding his surroundings. They kept walking, until through one more door, and Art could get to work. The hyena smiled to himself. The room was desined for controller interface, with several interfaces available. The virtual monitor projection units were probably all broken or removed by now, but the access node from the mainframe to Art's wrist was made of stronger stuff.

It needed a physical link, wireless probably too expensive to have kept in, and it would be passworded at government level no less. Art sat down heavily on one of the swivel chairs, it's old poly-titanium frame squeaking in protest. He fished out some wiring from his pocket, found the connectors he was looking for, and plugged one end into the appropriate slot on a mainframe interface that looked the least damaged, and the other into his wrist's correpsonding slot. "I'll get started" Art generally called out across the room. He spoke better with machines than people, as was about to be revealed.

First, to identify the computer's problems. The Energy Edwin logo swirled around in circles on the hyena's wrist monitor, and then contact was made. It was not the smooth interface most engineers dealt with, no calm, usually female voice or pretty virtual graphics. Art was communicating directly with the machine behind it all.

>>>>> WELCOME TO ENERGY EDWIN MAINFRAME 78#E
>>>>> IDENT?

Art thought over this. if he had security clearance to enter this place, it was likely he had clearance under his own name for the computer.

>>>>> ABERAERON - ART
>>>>> CONFIRM - CMPTR ENGNR ART ABERAERON?
>>>>> Y
>>>>> PASSWORD?

Art paused, and flipped windows to look at his virtual security card again. sure enough, a string of letters and numbers formed his password.

>>>>> N2158HDYSTEDSE21
>>>>> CONFIRMED
>>>>> _

Art was in. Now, to find out what was wrong. A full diagnostic would check through all the plant's systems.

>>>>> /H

The /H would bring up a list of all available commands to Art. He scrolled down the list, and found the command he was looking for.

>>>>> RUN "DIAG.EXE"
>>>>> RUNNING "DIAG.EXE"
>>>>> .......

Art sighed contentedly, and leant back in the chair, further endangering himself to falling over. "It'll be a few moments.' he mumbled to nobody in particular.
"You can't just remain a root forever. Eventually you grow and change into other things, like stems and leaves and such. Are a tree's leaves an insult to its roots?" - Sade

"It is easy for a statesman, whether he be in the Cabinet or the Chamber, to blow a blast with the wind of popularity on the trumpet of war, warming himself the while at his own fireside; or to thunder orations from this tribune and then to leave it to the musketeer who is bleeding to death in the snow whether his system win fame and victory or no. There is nothing easier than that; but woe to the statesman who in these days does not look around him for a reason for war which will hold water when the war is over." - Otto von Bismarck

My Characters

Midge
Peasant

Post by Midge » Sat Jan 03, 2009 2:53 pm

((Mind if I join?))

"All right, everyone, this way!" Thomas's shout echoed down the corridor to where Leff was struggling to keep up. His cyborg leg groaned and creaked as the ferret half-hopped, half-ran towards the rest of the party.
"Hey!" He called after them "Wait for me.........please!"
\- Midge -/
[i]I've seen worlds created and destroyed in the blink of an eye, where were your Gods then? where were your hollow saviors?[/i]

Rackenhammer
Spanish Scion

Post by Rackenhammer » Sat Jan 03, 2009 3:45 pm

James started at the sound of someone coming up behind him. Desperately, he crammed himself further into the alcove, hoping that his heavy breathing wouldn't attract attention. What was worse, there was now a faint humming sound from the attache case he always carried now. James' mind raced, trying tome come up with a contingency plan for being discovered.

Midge
Peasant

Post by Midge » Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:48 pm

Leff stopped, curious at the humming sound coming from further up the corridor.
"Hello?" he called softly, with little enthusiasm. "Anyone there?"
Moving slowly forward the ferret cursed as his cyborg leg creaked and clattered, ruining any chances of a stealthy aproach. Biting his lip the Leff slowly drew a worn knife from a cavity somewhere on his cyborg arm.
\- Midge -/
[i]I've seen worlds created and destroyed in the blink of an eye, where were your Gods then? where were your hollow saviors?[/i]

Justin
King

Post by Justin » Sun Jan 04, 2009 6:13 pm

Thomas moved over to the computer and eagerly watch Art work his magic. Thomas was an engineer, but he didn't really know much about computers. At least not to this extent - he couldn't program anything other than inside a few design programs.

What Art was doing was confusing to him, and that was why he had sought out a computer-savvy person for this mission in the first place - they needed one badly.

The coyotes stood around behind the feline and the hyena, waiting for something. They were somewhat unsure about what they needed to do, but that was to be solved in a moment, if Art did his job.

Rackenhammer
Spanish Scion

Post by Rackenhammer » Mon Jan 05, 2009 2:33 pm

James was on the verge of panicking, when he remembered a principle one of his dad's officer friends had taught him. *The key to keep people from running roughshod over you is to carry yourself as if you have every right, nay, duty to be where you are doing what you are doing.
James calmes his breathing, waited for a second, then suddenly stepped out, bashing the case on the paw holding the knife and making a grab for the collar. "Haha! Got you, saboteur! As a memeber of the Edwin Military Police, I arrest you!" James was hoping the cyborg ferret wasn't well versed in uniform differences.