Welcome to the World of Feila!

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

New to the forum? Get started by reading general information about Feila and the rules of the forum.

Need help? Send a private message to RabidFox. The staff is always willing to assist users with questions and problems. There's also a thread for how to role-play.

Don't be shy. Feel free to start posting when you're ready. We have a friendly community that is more than happy to welcome you and invite you to role-play. And don't worry about all the informational threads! You only need minimal knowledge to role-play. There's no need to do lots of reading.

Role-players wanting to write role-playing posts under five sentences, see the One Liners board.

Check out our announcement forum, The World Court, for important information about what's going on in our community.

Want to chat with other Feilans? Check out our Discord server!

The old Indian (open)(Edwin possibly going into Domus)

This is where all of the Age of Cyborgs role-plays are archived.
materwolf
Omnipresence
Species: Collie

The old Indian (open)(Edwin possibly going into Domus)

Post by materwolf » Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:53 am

A grey wolf rode through the Edwinish countryside on a Gloss red 1947 Indian Cheif. The radio speakers blared "Rock and Role Star" as the bike rumbled down the highway at 75 mile an hour. The wolf's name was Tim. He was more-or-less a drifter, avoiding the larger cities for the most part, in favor of the open feilds flanking the two lane road. The tan leather trench coat he wore waved in the wind like a cape, and reveiled his antique 1860's style revolver on his hip. The cavelry sabre he usualy wore was wrapped up in his bedrole on the back of the motorcycle. He was headed for Domus. He'd never been there and wanted to give it a try. He smiled as he looked at the horison through his chrome aviator sunglasses. 'Another day in Paradice.'
"Fate protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise."
-Commander William Riker, USS Enterprise, NCC-1701D-

My characters
[url]http://www.twilightus.net/feila/viewtopic.php?t=4044[/url]

Sponsor

remmus
Count
Species: Lynx

Post by remmus » Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:09 pm

Remmus sights and takes another sip of water from his hip flask, the dusty road was like a lonesome stream leading up and down life's path, the bag felt heavy, so did his left arm as it was stretched out horizontally his thumb pointing up in the international sign of "I need a ride". He was dressed in dark khaki shorts and a open sky blue shirt the rest of his body as bare as the day he was as a cub.

as the roar of the wolfs bike engine reaches his ears from behind Remmus turns to look at the bike and it´s driver his left arm still pointing out as he stops and rests the bag on the ground a faint smile returning to the felines face.

JamesG
Inquisitor

Post by JamesG » Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:08 pm

((A crappy photoshop job I did of how I imagine Edwinish police cars to look like in the future. Photograph by someone else. http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/8636/p ... recopy.png ))

The Edwinish Interceptor hummed quietly to itself, its hydrogen-fuelled engineering all controlled to an optimum performace by its onboard computer. At the wheel of the sleek, reflective machine was Sergeant Chase Killarney, a spotted hyena, whom had served the Party for many years. He was a cyborg, his arms and legs were machines intrinsically linked to his body. At the moment, his arms were slumped on the small, ergonomically shaped wheel of the vehicle. The onboard computer could not quite drive for him, though this was sometimes possible in the city. Out in the country, all the computer could do was 'assist' the driver by following the pattern of the road by 3D mapping. It would still respond to Chase's input, so it was not fully automatic. The car's autothrottle was keeping the machine at the speed limit, and Chase was nearly about to fall asleep. He had been called out to some rural town to sort out a situation there, and was now back on his way to Nottingham. He had been driving for hours without rest, and decided to turn on the car's radio before he fell asleep.

There were not many official stations in Edwin. There was the customary Party Channel, which spouted propoganda 24/7, there were a few stations that played fairly bland, censor-approved pieces of music, and there were a few talk stations with pre-programmed topics to discuss, and a host of topics to avoid. It was all very strictly run by the Department of Communications, whom were often in consultation with the police over destroying any pirate radio broadcasts, which were expressly forbidden. Chase flicked onto the Party Channel. The monotonous female voice came on, announcing at that moment, "Party Bulletin Announcement. Sugar ration increase to 50 grams. Hot Water temperature for Old Nottingham Town tomorrow - 80 degrees Celsius. Citizens are reminded that shower and bath water will be cut off after five minutes of use." Chase changed the channel. He could have sworn the sugar ration was 70 grams yesterday, meaning that 50 grams was a decrease. But then, the Party usually twisted words to make life seem improved for the citizens.

The next station was a talkback radio show, and seemed to be in the midst of an intense argument over the emigration laws of Edwin. It seemed the caller, only identifying himself as 'Robert', was of the opinion that the massive amount of certification required for any Edwinish citizen to leave the country, as well as the Party's practice of putting desintegration lance buoys off the coast to prevent any illegal emigration or immigration was 'unnecessary and unethical'. Chase shook his head. No doubt the police would be around to make 'Robert' disappear within the next few days. The Department of Safety could track virtually anyone via the radio, and 'Robert's views could easily be turned into a charge of sedition, followed by a sentencing of vapourisation, when the Party would remove him from existence, from history itself. As Chase was pondering the caller to the radio, and the strange changes made to his sugar ration, he was unaware that his vehicle was quickly approaching a red mortorbike, on the twisting country road.
Last edited by JamesG on Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"You can't just remain a root forever. Eventually you grow and change into other things, like stems and leaves and such. Are a tree's leaves an insult to its roots?" - Sade

"It is easy for a statesman, whether he be in the Cabinet or the Chamber, to blow a blast with the wind of popularity on the trumpet of war, warming himself the while at his own fireside; or to thunder orations from this tribune and then to leave it to the musketeer who is bleeding to death in the snow whether his system win fame and victory or no. There is nothing easier than that; but woe to the statesman who in these days does not look around him for a reason for war which will hold water when the war is over." - Otto von Bismarck

My Characters

remmus
Count

Post by remmus » Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:25 pm

JamesG wrote:((A crappy photoshop job I did of how I imagine Edwinish police cars to look like in the future. Photograph by someone else. http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/8636/p ... recopy.png))
((OOC: just a heads up the two )) at the end are part of the html code creating a 404 error, you miss to make a space between the code and the )), just a note...don´t worry I´ll delete this post once you edited.))

JamesG
Inquisitor

Post by JamesG » Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:32 pm

((OOC: Done. Thanks. :D))
"You can't just remain a root forever. Eventually you grow and change into other things, like stems and leaves and such. Are a tree's leaves an insult to its roots?" - Sade

"It is easy for a statesman, whether he be in the Cabinet or the Chamber, to blow a blast with the wind of popularity on the trumpet of war, warming himself the while at his own fireside; or to thunder orations from this tribune and then to leave it to the musketeer who is bleeding to death in the snow whether his system win fame and victory or no. There is nothing easier than that; but woe to the statesman who in these days does not look around him for a reason for war which will hold water when the war is over." - Otto von Bismarck

My Characters

materwolf
Omnipresence

Post by materwolf » Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:08 pm

Tim caught a glimps of an Edwinish police cruiser in his mirror and moved over as far as he could in his lane to allow the car to pass. Tim shut his tape deck off to avoid the police office hearing it. Just then he caught site of a hitchiker on the side of the road. Slowing downa nd turning his blinker light on he decided to help the fur out. After all, Tim had been in a similar pradicament before and was more than happy to stop and help. He edged onto the shoulder and tapped the brake lever, slowing down and stopping just in front of the hitchiker.

My characters

remmus
Count

Post by remmus » Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:37 pm

Remmus raised a bit of a eyebrow at the cruiser, the state had little love for vagabonds, especially those that dabbled in illegal activities and the lack of a ID was just the icing on one horrible cake.

As Tim slows down Remmus smiles brightly like he just found a fresh, ice cold bottle of milk for free, he walks over to the wolf reaching out his cyborg hand "thanks for stopping pal, I was getting a bit low on water and there isn´t a friendly face for miles". He purrs keeping his hand out while giving Tim a look that said 'if your are nice to me I´m nice to you okey'.

materwolf
Omnipresence

Post by materwolf » Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:43 pm

Tim shakes Remmus' paw, "Not a problem. Hop on. You kin strap your bag to the back like I got mine." He eyes the cruiser, expecting it to stop any moment.

My characters

remmus
Count

Post by remmus » Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:50 pm

Remmus nods and walks up to the bike and finds a good space to strap his bag to the bag, as he notice Tim turning his gaze towards the cruiser Remmus turns to look at it as well not wanting to be caught sitting on the bike should he need to knock out a nosy cop "I suggest you be ready to drive of, I won´t lie to you there could be trouble if the cop decides to check us out".

materwolf
Omnipresence

Post by materwolf » Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:53 pm

"You got that right. Haven't pawguns been banned for a few years now?" Tim asks without taking his eyes off the passing cruiser. He buttoned his trenchcoat a bit, so it wouldn't flap and reveil the illigal weapon should they deside to pass the car.

My characters

remmus
Count

Post by remmus » Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:05 pm

Remmus grins "haven´t preventing me pistol whipping a few shocked punks with there own pistol, even the greatest of eye can´t see everything" the fain sound of a generator charging could be heard as his cyborg arm charges up for some tazer use every muscle in his body tensing his eyes darting along the surface of the cruiser.

materwolf
Omnipresence

Post by materwolf » Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:28 pm

Tim smirked, and revved the old inline four cylender engine a few times, "You good back there? Don't wanna linger here too long. Draw even more suspision to us."

My characters

remmus
Count

Post by remmus » Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:33 pm

Remmus would move with the stealth of a feline to take a back-seat on the bike his eyes still keeping it´s focus on the cruiser "I´m ready when you are buddy" he gives a little pat on Tims shoulder with his paw to signal he was ready to go.

materwolf
Omnipresence

Post by materwolf » Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:41 pm

Tim opened the throttle and released the brake, squeeling the rear tire just a bit. He let the engine loose as they got back on the highway, quickly getting ahead of the cruiser. Tim looked at the gas gauge, it read 3/4 full. That would get him just about to the border if he was lucky. They'd have to stop somwhere to refuel. Not many places still sold gasoline, though. He looked over his shoulder a bit, "So where ya headed, freind?"

My characters

remmus
Count

Post by remmus » Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:47 pm

Remmus looks back at the cruiser with a curious yet careful gaze, a few seconds later he turns his head to face forward as he pulls out his hip flask taking a sip of water "I´m a vagabond my friend, to ask me that is to ask a cloud where on the sky it will be today" he chuckles softly the sound drained out by the roar of the engine and the wind as he enjoys how the air caresses his almost bare torso.