Welcome to the World of Feila!

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

New to the forum? Get started by reading general information about Feila and the rules of the forum.

Need help? Send a private message to RabidFox. The staff is always willing to assist users with questions and problems. There's also a thread for how to role-play.

Don't be shy. Feel free to start posting when you're ready. We have a friendly community that is more than happy to welcome you and invite you to role-play. And don't worry about all the informational threads! You only need minimal knowledge to role-play. There's no need to do lots of reading.

Role-players wanting to write role-playing posts under five sentences, see the One Liners board.

Check out our announcement forum, The World Court, for important information about what's going on in our community.

Want to chat with other Feilans? Check out our Discord server!

A Hint of Despair (Gawain, open to the first two people)

This is where all of the Age of Cyborgs role-plays are archived.
cossant
Marquis
Species: Wolf

Re: A Hint of Despair (Gawain, open to the first two people)

Post by cossant » Sat May 28, 2011 8:32 pm

Once Leah was in cuffs, Vince hauled her up, then threw her back against the nearest wall, holding her by her throat.
"Oh yeah. I forgot to mention." he taunted, pulling out a wallet from a well-concealed hidden pocket. He flipped it open, revealing his badge. "The GBI and I go way back." He put the badge away. "By the way. This is for trying to turn me against my own brother."

He opened his paw up, drew it back, and brought his palm violently across her muzzle, trying to make the strike as painful as possible without breaking her jaw. Quite honestly, if it wasn't for him having orders to keep her detain for questioning, he would have preferred to break her jaw.

Sponsor

osprey77
Marquis
Species: Black Cat/Raven

Post by osprey77 » Sun May 29, 2011 5:56 am

Leah wasn't quite sure what had gone wrong, until she saw the badge. Then she seethed inwardly, much too late. You fool! Leah thought, Never, ever trust a merc! Her face was still ringing with the blow, and she knew: it was over. She was heading for life in prison- or execution. Once it was revealed everything she had been involved in...she would be regarded as one of the most notorious criminals of the century...outside of Edwin.

It was slowly filtering into Matt's mind that he was free- the night mare was over. His family was okay, and he had survived. He didn't know who the strange mutt was that had saved his sister he assumed he was with GBI, and hoped he would be okay.

Katya's hysterical sobs had faded, but she still cowered against her mother, sheltered by her wings, crying softly. She assumed Jason was dead, until she heard the GBI agent, so near, urging him to hold on until medics arrived. Was there hope then?

Jason was drifting...It doesn't hurt as much this time... the other two times, the pain had been unbearable. He was probably closer to death now, but didn't feel any pain. He wasn't quite unconscious, but felt removed from the situation. He heard Katya crying, and wanted to tell her he was fine. The para medics were loading him into an ambulance, a surprisingly familiar situation now, but deep inside, Jason knew: it was too late. Death's tried to get me three times now. Guess third time's the charm.

Oddly enough, in the last few moments of his life, as the ambulance sped away, his thoughts weren't on Katya or Ms. Renon, who were in the ambulance trying to simultaneously keep out of the way while keep near him, or even on his family, in southern Gawain, that he hadn't seen in years. No, his thoughts drifted to the nurse, who had twice exhorted hm to stop running and think of his future. What will I do in life? I don't know...but I stopped running, just like you said...

The mutt drifted off peacefully, considering the extent of his injuries.
"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."
C. S. Lewis

"With the possible exception of the equator, everything begins somewhere."
C. S. Lewis

"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"
C. S. Lewis

All my Characters:
http://twilightus.net/feila/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5253

Rackenhammer
Spanish Scion
Species: Ferx

Post by Rackenhammer » Sun May 29, 2011 4:33 pm

Colby watched the paramedics take Jason. He gave him a little salute as the ambulance dove away; the mutt never saw it.
But... the weasel's business was with the living, not the dead. Seemed that a covert ops associate had helped to peg Leah; Colby recognized the Auxiliary Corps badge that he'd whipped out. The GBI would often lend it's clout to "civilians" whenever they were short-handed, or couldn't send an agent where the trouble was.

Colby didn't rebuke the merc for the slap; technically it wasn't police brutality, and hey, even the Internal Affairs Bureau would probably let that one slide. The paddy wagon was waiting, and the squirrel was soon bundled into it.
Don would be arriving in a few minutes, to take a witnesses report from Gregor and Vince. After that, it would mostly be paperwork and forensic examination; tying up loose ends.
The GBI agent leant against the side of the house. "Ugh, do you ever get used to people like that?" Auxiliary or not, Vince still had more experience than the young Colby.
Be Humble in Yourself, but Adamant in the Truth.

Rackenhammer's RP Experience "blog"

e-mail: [email protected]

All my characters in their insane length

cossant
Marquis

Post by cossant » Sun May 29, 2011 9:38 pm

Vince was leaning against the side of the wall when Jason was rushed into the hospital. He'd seen injuries like that before.
"May your soul rest with Celeste, kid. You've earned that much." he silently prayed.

When Colby began talking to him, Vince shook his head. "The more you see it, the worse it gets."
Vince sighed.
"And you know whats worse? She's a lead in a big case a few of my buddies are working, so she'll get a lighter sentence if she cooperates. I guess I can take comfort in the fact that I'm going to be interrogating her. Off the record as well." he growled.

osprey77
Marquis

Post by osprey77 » Mon May 30, 2011 6:50 am

Matt, on the other hand, made it to the hospital. Late in his recovery, Gregor asked his son about cybernetic replacements for the ear and wings he had lost. The teenager considered. "Maybe for the ear. But the wings...no offense mom, but they just throw you off-balance in a race, hover board or free-running."

You wouldn't think someone with a beak could smile, but, somehow, Alice Renon managed it. "Why do you think I never took those activities up?"

Katya smiled, as well. It seemed her brother was almost back to his old self, if without the slight arrogance he had had before.

The younger hybrid had been feeling torn. Her brother was going to make a full recovery, but her friend was dead. At one point, she had wondered if it would ever grow to more. But here, now, she tried to concentrate the good things to come out of the showdown on the lawn, the biggest one being that her brother was home, alive and (almost) well now.

"Hey, sis," she looked up to see her brother's hazel eyes on her. "Heard you hit the racing circuit. You better let an experienced racer show you how it's done." His tone was lighthearted, almost teasing, but there was a level of earnestness to it. The last words before his kidnapping that they had shared was a quarrel, and it weighed on both of their minds for the past two years, fearing those would be the last memories of their sibling.

She mustered a fellow teasing tone, "I think you may need someone to remind you how it's done," trying to give a cocky smile, but it never reached her troubled blue eyes.

It was a few weeks later. Katya was in the cemetery, walking to the headstone that marked Jason's grave. It had only his first name, a question mark for date of birth, and his date of death. They hadn't been able to find his family with only a first name, and he never talked about them. He had told them he was sixteen, but couldn't quite remember his birthday, when he had been living with them. Something about the blank spaces saddened her. There was a whole life, hidden, gone, and to all the world, it looked like no one cared.

She knelt, and brushed a finger on the dash separating the question mark and date of death, remembering something her pastor had once said. "On a tombstone, there is a dash. that dash represents a whole life. The important stuff, that's not written out on the headstone. No, what's important is what you do with your life, and that's represented by the dash."

She felt a hand on her shoulder and looked up to see her brother. Matt had never met Jason, but, during his recovery, the story had come out. The brother felt almost as if he had failed a duty. He had assumed he would be there when Katya developed her first serious crush, and protect her from the heartbreak that usually came. But, there's not much I can do here.

He walked her slowly back to the manor, one arm thrown protectively about her shoulder. Katya, paused, looked back at Jason's tombstone, sighed, then continued back home.

((ooc: I think this is about the end. You two want to write up summaries for your characters, or do you want to draw it out any more? i hadn't been intending to do the interrogation, but if you want...))
C. S. Lewis

C. S. Lewis

"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"
C. S. Lewis

All my Characters:

Rackenhammer
Spanish Scion
Species: Ferx

Post by Rackenhammer » Mon May 30, 2011 11:43 am

(Don't have much more to say myself; really depends on how/if cossant wants to continue.)
Be Humble in Yourself, but Adamant in the Truth.

Rackenhammer's RP Experience "blog"

e-mail: [email protected]

All my characters in their insane length

cossant
Marquis

Post by cossant » Tue May 31, 2011 5:55 pm

((ooc: not too much longer. Just want to finish out the interrogation scene. hope thats alright.))

Vince was just outside the interrogation room. He was taking to a female hyena in a police uniform.
"You sure she's clean?" Vince asked.
"I oversaw the process. Their's not a single weapon on her. Still, we've handcuffed her to the chair, just in case." She responded.
"Good." Vince said. "I just have to get the information on her contacts who supplied her with those chemicals?"
The hyena sighed. "Vince, if you can get her testimony against these contacts, it will make putting those criminals behind bars a lot easier. The other mercenaries she hired either aren't talking, or know nothing helpful."
Vince nodded. "Keep my back covered, Mia. The last thing i need is to fall prey to what could be her last trick."

As Vince walked into the interrogation room, Vince felt a certain irony in the situation. Leah had put him in the same situation, albeit under duress of torture. Now, the roles were switched.

The room was dimly lit and was bare except for a plain table built into the wall. Leah was seated into one of the chairs, and Vince took the other. "Morning, Leah. I trust you slept well during your few weeks in prison?" Vince greeted, casually.

osprey77
Marquis

Post by osprey77 » Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:11 am

Leah was not stupid. She knew what they wanted, and knew her only hope for a reduced sentence would be to give it to them, but she wouldn't answer unnecessary questions.

When Vince walked in, Leah deliberately made eye contact. She still had her cybernetic eyes, though the camera's they were connected to were now turned off. Vince attempted semi-sarcastic pleasantries, and Leah didn't say a word, deliberately kept her face blank.
C. S. Lewis

C. S. Lewis

C. S. Lewis

All my Characters:

cossant
Marquis

Post by cossant » Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:45 am

Vince shrugged. "Not interested in small talk. Understandable. Well, you know the drill. I ask you a few questions, and you can choose to cooperate or not. Though, you probably already know the result of cooperating." Vince casually stated. You had to give Vince credit. He definitely knew how to drop a grudge.

"Lets cut straight to the chase. We want to know who supplied you. Particularly, we want to know who supplied you with the poison you used." Vince said.

osprey77
Marquis

Post by osprey77 » Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:58 am

Leah bared her teeth and laughed. "I supplied myself. That poison is not patented; very few of the serums I use are. Murphy is in charge of procuring the raw materials, and he and I collaborate on new formulas. I don't suppose you caught him during the raid? I would've thought that weasel would have cracked by now."
C. S. Lewis

C. S. Lewis

C. S. Lewis

All my Characters:

cossant
Marquis

Post by cossant » Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:51 pm

Vince toke out a notebook, and wrote a few things down. Yeah, Vince got old-fashioned on some things. He found that a combination of digital recording, and using traditional pen and paper made for more secure documentation.

"Made your own formulas." Vince repeated. "I have to give you credit, Leah. You're definitely smarter than most of the criminals who pass through here." he half-laughed. He brought his gaze to meet hers. "If only you were as proficient in hiring good help." he sarcastically stated.

"Onto the weapons. You had a good number of mercenaries and quite a good selection of weaponry. Were they already that equipped when you hired them? And if not, who did you contact to buy that kind of weaponry?" After a second, he added sarcastically, "Or did you make your own guns?"

osprey77
Marquis

Post by osprey77 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:56 am

Leah ignored the compliment. "I have a contact...A coyote in Domus by the name of Ryan Lightfinger. He's a big weapons supplier on the black market. I believe he also works with various burgiling teams, he did always claim that theivery was 'in his blood'." Leah wasn't chunnering needlessly, she was calculating, divulging her most valuable contacts, and making sure that GBI knew just how valuable they were.
C. S. Lewis

C. S. Lewis

C. S. Lewis

All my Characters:

cossant
Marquis

Post by cossant » Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:03 pm

Vince nodded, writing the information down. With a sigh, he looked over to the camera in the corner, and drew his claws across his neck.

The camera shut off, and Vince was certain that the mics were as well.

He looked at Leah a bit disappointed. "I've got nothing against you, Leah. But that doesn't mean I approve what I'm supposed to offer you. An informant of someone high in the chain of command was recently found dead. Personally, I don't approve of promising criminals freedom for serving as an informant. I view such actions as unnecessarily risky. But the decision is not mine. A certain official wants his informant replaced as soon as possible, and he's specifically asked for you, seeing as you were very resourceful. You'll spend up to, at the most, one year in a maximum security prison, and then You'll basically disappear during a riot. Its simple, but no one looks too close at a disappearance. After that, you'll be given instructions to lead you to a certain group we've been after."

Vince's paw instinctively went to the gun concealed at his side, though he kept himself calm. "Of course, if you choose to ignore this offer, You'll spend the rest of your life behind bars. And if you choose to try and run, I'll be given the order to personally execute you myself. So, what is it? Spend the rest of your life behind bars? Or help us infiltrate a criminal organization and get your freedom?"

Vince got up, and headed out. "I'll give you a few days to decide."

As he left the room, Mia gave him a questioning look. "You really think she'll cooperate?" Vince shrugged. Makes no difference to me. I'll get her answers when I'm ordered to.

As he left the station, he walked to his car, though he stopped before getting in. His brothers had arrived at the crime scene a bit too late. They had decided the best option was to quietly disappear. Vince was working on trying to get Marcus' name cleared, but it was difficult. And now, it was possible that he might be working with the very person that wanted him dead.

As he started the car, he shook his head. He hoped Leah would refuse.

At any rate, even if she did accept the offer, he would make sure she waited at least a year.

osprey77
Marquis

Post by osprey77 » Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:07 am

Something didn't compute... She knew a variety of charges were laid against her, not the least of which included one murder charge...They would never, ever let someone like her out. But, on the other hand, the offer was appealing. Leah had gotten used to the challenge of living a double life, enjoyed the intellectual side of outwitting the law. Perhaps, if she took the offer, there would be a way she could turn this to her own profit.

"I'll do it." She would have time to plan her strategy, she had no doubt about the year in maximum-security prison. She smiled. All the more time to strategize.

((ooc: I think that does it?))
C. S. Lewis

C. S. Lewis

C. S. Lewis

All my Characters: