Welcome to the World of Feila!

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

New to the forum? Get started by reading general information about Feila and the rules of the forum.

Need help? Send a private message to RabidFox. The staff is always willing to assist users with questions and problems. There's also a thread for how to role-play.

Don't be shy. Feel free to start posting when you're ready. We have a friendly community that is more than happy to welcome you and invite you to role-play. And don't worry about all the informational threads! You only need minimal knowledge to role-play. There's no need to do lots of reading.

Role-players wanting to write role-playing posts under five sentences, see the One Liners board.

Check out our announcement forum, The World Court, for important information about what's going on in our community.

Want to chat with other Feilans? Check out our Discord server!

A Hint of Despair (Gawain, open to the first two people)

This is where all of the Age of Cyborgs role-plays are archived.
osprey77
Marquis
Species: Black Cat/Raven

A Hint of Despair (Gawain, open to the first two people)

Post by osprey77 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:48 pm

((ooc: Before joining, please read the discussion thread here: http://twilightus.net/feila/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=5424 also, note that this is first-come-first-serve, except for the villain. If you want to be the kidnapper, you may have to wait a bit, so just express interest in the discussion thread.))
The race was nearing its close. Katarina Renon, or Katya, as she preferred, was in the lead, leaning forward on her silver-and-black hoverboard to increase speed and control. To many, it was a surprise to see her in the lead in such a big race. The black squirrel/raven hybrid had a lot of difficulties stacked against her: She was the youngest int wo years to make it to this, the championship race in the duchy of Hesse, she had a large, furry tail courtesy of her father’s squirrel heritage that would drag in the wind if not kept tucked in her belt, and her mother’s raven ancestors had left Katya with large wings that could tip her off balance very easily.

She grit her teeth, holding in her wings by will power alone, just one more thing to concentrate on. Suddenly, and older racer jostled her from behind. Startled, she instinctively flared her wings, and the sudden draft tumbled her from her board.

Katya rolled with the landing, and sprung up quickly, but she was too late. The fifteen year old could only watch in frustration as the others riders zipped past her and over the finish line. She came in dead last.

Bitterly, the girl stood to one side as the other racers left with jubilant families, or slipped away with friends to party. She held her board under her arm. She glared at the fur who had purposefully unseated her. Angrily, she turned away. Why can’t I do anything right?

“Just like her brother…she choked when it counted the most…but at least she showed up for the race…Matt was too cowardly to do even that…”

Katya’s frayed temper snapped and she leaped on the boy who had spoken, pummeling with her fists and biting and scratching. There was chaos behind her, but she didn't care. Suddenly, she felt herself hauled bodily from her victim, and she struggled, half-screaming, “Matt was-is- not a coward! Something happened to him!”
"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."
C. S. Lewis

"With the possible exception of the equator, everything begins somewhere."
C. S. Lewis

"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"
C. S. Lewis

All my Characters:
http://twilightus.net/feila/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5253

Sponsor

cossant
Marquis
Species: Wolf

Re: A Hint of Despair (Gawain, open to the first two people)

Post by cossant » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:44 pm

"Got a little slow back there, Jeremy. losing your touch?" Marcus quipped. Jeremy shrugged. "Hey, I held my own." he countered, half-laughing. "Lets head back."

Marcus and jeremy had participated in the race, and had given it there all, but they were beaten. "Hey, check it out." Marcus nodded over to the young squirrel hybrid. "That girl almost won. Saw her wipe out, though. Shame, isn't it?" Jeremy shrugged. "Her loss, i guess. Maybe she'll win next ti- Oh hell!" Jeremy saw a fight break out. Or more of the squirrel beating the guy. Jeremy dropped his board, and sprinted into the fight, grabbing the girl, and trying to pull her back.

"Hey! Take it easy! Calm down!" He yelled.
Last edited by cossant on Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

osprey77
Marquis

Post by osprey77 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:15 am

Katya struggled, then turned to face the grey wolf who had grabbed her. If he looked closely enough, he would have seen tears sliding through the dark fur. "He called my brother a coward, just because he didn't show up to this race two years ago. But-but" The girl struggled to get her voice under control, "But it's not true! Matt dissapeared before he ever got here."

The squirrel/raven turned away. "I have to find him." Though she muttered, she didn't realize it was loud enough for Jeremy to hear.

Meanwhile, Jason watched from a nearby alley. He had discovered that the particular alley had a pretty good view of the races-for free. He found himself rooting for the young hybrid, only to watch her fall off. He glowered. He knew he was no saint, but still, cheating in a race of that level was low.

His interest was aroused as the girl began pummeling one of the other racers, but she was pulled off quickly. Curious to see what it was all about, he pulled up the hood on his sweatshirt and began to move towards them through the crowd, but he was still too far away to hear.
C. S. Lewis

C. S. Lewis

"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"
C. S. Lewis

All my Characters:

cossant
Marquis

Post by cossant » Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:19 pm

Jeremy overheard her, now understanding what the fight was about.

"My name's Jeremy. If your trying to track someone down, my brothers and I can help" he offered. "We're always ready to help someone, its kinda what we do." He looked up, motioning his brother to wait.

Marcus knew that motion. He only asked him to wait when he was finding out about a potential job. "Classic Jeremy. Always wanting to help out in any way he can." he sighed.

osprey77
Marquis

Post by osprey77 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:57 am

Katya was stunned. After two years of no progress, she had begun to give up hope of ever finding him, but here was a professional offering to help! The girl struggled to keep her voice under control as she replied, "Really?" The hopefull expression faded as she admitted. "We don't have many clues. The trail's been cold for about two years. But- if you don't mind that- I can afford to pay. I'd just have to run home quickly."

Jason was close enough to hear what Katya said, but he was still confused. What was she looking for? And why did he want to help? Maybe it was something in the girl's face, the hope that dipped and flared, like a dying flame, that called to the young mutt, reaching the one part of him that wasn't hardened. He didn't feel like he could offer his help with the Grey Wolf there, but, if opportunity and neccessity presented itself, perhaps he would speak up.

Katya looked eagerly at Jeremy. "If you'll take the job, I'll tell you the whole story, well, what we know..."

In a dark cell, somewhere in Gawain, a boy lay motionless in a cell. A few years ago, he looked a lot like Katya, but captivity and his captors had taken a toll on him. His once tall and lithe body was now gaunt with hunger and criss-crossed with scars of ill-treatment. The worst wounds still burned as if he could feel the knife descending to cut of his wings, tail, and left ear. He had lost track of all time, and all hope of ever escaping, indeed, it seemed as if pain and captivity was all he'd ever known. One thought still stood clear in his tortured, nearly borken, mind: this musn't happen to Katya.

((ooc: I'll start working on a bio for the kidnapper, but in terms of finding clues, feel free to invent some. I'll leave location and the actual events of the kidnapping pretty vague, so we can improv during the search. The reason I'm doing it like that is, originally, I'd hoped someone else would wirte the villain.))
C. S. Lewis

C. S. Lewis

C. S. Lewis

All my Characters:

cossant
Marquis

Post by cossant » Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:37 pm

Jeremy nodded, waving his brother over. Marcus jumped on his board, and road over to his brother, circling around them twice, before hovering over them. "Carry your own board, bro." He said, as he threw Jeremy's board to him. He jumped off his own. Jeremy rolled his eyes. "This is my brother, Marcus. Don't let his personality fool you. He's takes any job seriously." Marcus nodded. "Pleased to meet ya, miss, um...Sorry, i didn't catch your name."

osprey77
Marquis

Post by osprey77 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:34 pm

"Katya. I'm Katya Renon." The three were practically alone now, the race course basically deserted. Katya sat on the empty bleachers. "We really don't know much about what happened. My brother was a hoverboard racer as well, and two years ao, qualified to this race. We- we had a fight the night before he left. See, he left pretty early in the morning, hoping to get here early enough to practice. He never showed up, and no one has seen him since. Mom and Dad have given up...the cops couldn't find any clues... but-but he just can't be dead. He just can't be!"

Jason, who was crouched beinhd the bleachers heard the whole tale. Two years ago...a vague memory began to stir...but he couldn't quite recall. Was it important? Was it related? He couldn't tell...
C. S. Lewis

C. S. Lewis

C. S. Lewis

All my Characters:

cossant
Marquis

Post by cossant » Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:33 pm

Jeremy sat beside her. "We'll find him, Katya. I promise you that." He encouraged. "And don't worry about paying us until we do."

He nodded over to Marcus. "Call Vince. Tell him to get our equipment ready. And see if you can get hold of Ronnie as well." He suggested. Marcus looked at him a bit strangely. "You honestly believe Ronnie's gonna help with this?" Jeremy nodded. "He's the best one to find any digital leads."

Marcus shrugged, pulled out his phone, and dialed the number.

Jeremy continued. "Does your brother, or any of your family have any enemies?"

osprey77
Marquis

Post by osprey77 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:14 am

Katya thought hard. "I don't know of any, but maybe Dad made one or two while traveling, or in running his business."

Jason was still trying to think. Early in the morning...two years ago... Suddenly the memory returned full force, and he leapt up, banging his head on the bleachers, as he had forgottten where he was. "Ouch!" he cried before he thought, and now he was certain the others had heard him.

((oooc: He'll reveal the memory, but it won't be a huge clue, just a start.))
C. S. Lewis

C. S. Lewis

C. S. Lewis

All my Characters:

cossant
Marquis

Post by cossant » Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:25 pm

The reaction was instant. In a quick motion, Jeremy had stood up, reached under his grey hoodie, and whipped out a pistol, aiming it where he heard the person cry out. Marcus, dropping the phone, reacted the same.

Jeremy's voice became authoritative. "Whoever's there, come out slowly, or we will open fire." The one thing Jeremy hated the most was someone catching him by surprise. It had almost cost him his life once, and he was not about to let it happen again. He motioned for Katya to get back, not wanting her to get caught in a fire-fight, if one began. He seriously hoped this guy wasn't armed.

osprey77
Marquis

Post by osprey77 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:21 pm

Jason came out, paws in the air. The hood on his sweatshirt had fallen from his head, revealing he was a mutt of uncertain descent, but likely with some German Shepherd somewhere in the mix. "Don't shoot! I'm unarmed! I-er- overheard what you were talking about...and I think I saw something..."

Before he told them what he remembered, Jason struggled to regain his composure. Ever since that run-in with the gangs two-and-a-half years ago, he'd become wary of guns- and the furs who wielded them. He made eye contact with the girl, who stood behind the two furs pointing guns at him. The sixteen-year-old gulped.

He kept his paws in the air as long as those pistols were pointing at them. He seriously hoped they weren't cops. That was all he needed.

"Two years ago, right after I got here, I saw a boy, looked a lot like you, Miss Renon. He was walking along, carrying a hover board. A car stopped, and someone got out, but I couldn't see him -or her- very well. The boy didn't look scared, I think he knew the person. The-whoever it was- gestured to the car and he got in. They drove away, and I didn't think much of it. Figured someone was giving him a ride..." The truth was, he had been a little suspicious, but he hadn't gone to the authorities, since there would be trouble if and the cops met. He could have called in anonymously, he supposed, but hadn't thought of that.
C. S. Lewis

C. S. Lewis

C. S. Lewis

All my Characters:

cossant
Marquis

Post by cossant » Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:56 pm

Jeremy kept his sights trained on the mutt, as he examined him. This guy had some sort of weariness against guns. One good sign. He also wasn't making any movements or anything that would suggest he was armed, which meant he probably wasn't a threat.

His eyes glanced over to Marcus, who returned the look. Jeremy shook his head. After examining the guy once more, Marcus shook his head as well.

They both slowly lowered there guns, convinced that this was just someone who got a little too curious.

"For future reference, don't sneak up on me. You might not live the next time." Jeremy warned, as he tucked the gun back out of sight.
Marcus did the same, and retrieved his phone. "Vince? Yeah, don't worry. Just someone who got a little too curious." He walked away a bit to talk to Vince without anyone listening in.

"So he got in the car willingly." Jeremy mused over. "A good piece of information. Guess I'm lucky I didn't shoot you."

osprey77
Marquis

Post by osprey77 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:43 pm

Jason visibly relaxed as the guns were no longer pointed at him, and he dropped his paws. "Sorry. I didn't mean to startle you..."

Katya quietly examined the newcomer. He wasn't the most reputable looking of creatures, but something told her he was being honest. She thought over what he had said. Matt wouldn't have gone with just anyone, it had to be someone he really trusted. One of his close friends from racing, one of his free-running buddies, or a close family friend. But surely none of them would have motive to kidnap him, would they? If he got in the car of his own free will... "Could he have just run away?" Katya wondered, then thought aloud: "But then, why wouldn't he have gone to the race first? It was a big deal for him."
C. S. Lewis

C. S. Lewis

C. S. Lewis

All my Characters:

cossant
Marquis

Post by cossant » Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:03 pm

Jeremy turned to Katya. "If the race was important to him, whoever he went with either had his trust or some type of power over him. Was there anyone who specifically had his respect?"

Marcus just happen to look off towards a distant building, and managed to catch a glimpse of someone on the roof. But when he tried to focus on it, the person seem to duck out of sight. "Hey, Marcus! You still there?" Vince called out over the phone. Marcus shook his head. "Yeah. sorry. Thought I saw something."

osprey77
Marquis

Post by osprey77 » Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:49 am

"Had his respect... There were a number of older racers he looked up to... But he doesn't know them well enough to accept a ride. But if he was angry...maybe he wasn't thinking straight...he might have gone with another racer...Perhaps someone was afraid he'd beat them." Katya mused.

Jason, who was still standing there, awkwardly, shook his head. "Then why haven't they released him? One race isn't motive enough to hold someone captive for two years. Or to-well,uh..." Jason had been about to say 'Or to kill someone' but decided against it, as Katya was convinced her brother lived.

But Katya knew where that thought had been going, and she nodded sadly. "Good point. I guess I'm grasping at straws..."

In a remote compound in Southern Gawain, a female black squirrel mused aloud to herself. "Phase one is nearly complete, his body can't stand up to this much longer, and I'm sure his mind broke months ago." She paced madly about her 'control center', tail twitching in glee.

She pressed a button, and spoke to the hired guard that appeared. "It is time to move on with the plan. Get the girl. Call me once you have, and I will finish up business here."

The guard left, and the squirrel threw herself onto a chair, giggling madly, her tail twitching more than ever. While she spoke of breaking someone's mind, anyone watching her would wonder if hers had gone long before. They wouldn't be far wrong, but her madness had only made her more cunning...
Last edited by osprey77 on Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
C. S. Lewis

C. S. Lewis

C. S. Lewis

All my Characters: