Welcome to the World of Feila!

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

New to the forum? Get started by reading general information about Feila and the rules of the forum.

Need help? Send a private message to RabidFox. The staff is always willing to assist users with questions and problems. There's also a thread for how to role-play.

Don't be shy. Feel free to start posting when you're ready. We have a friendly community that is more than happy to welcome you and invite you to role-play. And don't worry about all the informational threads! You only need minimal knowledge to role-play. There's no need to do lots of reading.

Role-players wanting to write role-playing posts under five sentences, see the One Liners board.

Check out our announcement forum, The World Court, for important information about what's going on in our community.

Want to chat with other Feilans? Check out our Discord server!

A Hint of Despair (Gawain, open to the first two people)

This is where all of the Age of Cyborgs role-plays are archived.
osprey77
Marquis
Species: Black Cat/Raven

Re: A Hint of Despair (Gawain, open to the first two people)

Post by osprey77 » Mon May 16, 2011 6:20 am

((ooc: sorry, the first time I tried to post, there was a problem with the server.))

"It is time to move on with my next step in the project. I think it would be best for Jerome to see his family one final time. I'll need you to keep the kid quiet while I discuss...buisness with the family." Leah's sharkish smile returned, for a brief moment. In the end, it doesn't even matter what the other merc can tell the GBI, it will all be outdated by the time they get here. I just wish he wouldn't survive this. Oh, well. "Bring the boy from his cell, I'll be waiting outside in the car. As I'm the only one who knows where we are going, I'll be doing the driving. You just keep the kid quiet and prevent his escaping." That goes with out saying, but better safe than sorry.

The 'kid' in question, Matt, was slumped in his cell, struggling between despair and hope. He heard heavy footfalls approaching, and his heart sank. Is this the end?
"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."
C. S. Lewis

"With the possible exception of the equator, everything begins somewhere."
C. S. Lewis

"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"
C. S. Lewis

All my Characters:
http://twilightus.net/feila/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5253

Sponsor

cossant
Marquis
Species: Wolf

Post by cossant » Mon May 16, 2011 10:09 am

As the bodies of the strike team were examined, their was one piece of evidence that didn't fit with the thought of suicide. Yes, the bullets matched with each person's gun caliber, and no one else had apparently been in the basement, but something was strange with the gun. if it was used for suicide, it should of had blood on it. But none of the guns did. It wasn't enough evidence to provoke an investigation for awhile. Just what the leader predicted.

The leader listened to the recorded conversation with Valencii and Marcus. They had thought it was a secure connection, but any Edwin agent could have easily broken through it.

"Leah. Guess I have my next target." he silently mused.

Vince was on his way to get Matt out of his cell. He was glad he didn't get the order to shoot his brother, and decided to keep his mouth shut on the issue. Grab the kid, drive to his parents house, let them have their reunion, then shoot them. Simple.
Of course, as he got to Matt's cell, he knew nothing was that simple.

Jeremy had escaped.

He couldn't have. Leah's eyes could see everything the cameras saw....."Ronnie." he growled. He opened Matt's cell, and grabbed the hybrid by the scruff of his neck. "You're coming with me, kid." He needed to get to Leah's office fast.

Ronnie had indeed hacked through the security system. He easily replaced each of the live feeds with previous ones at just the right moment to where it still looked like a live feed. For awhile anyways. "Your time to shine, buddy." Ronnie laughed to himself. Hacking through a security system was his specialty. And he had used it to full effect here.

Jeremy had managed to sneak out of his cell while Matt was resting, and had slipped through the corridors. He knew Ronnie was actively helping him, as no alarm sounded, nor did any of the guards fly through the corridors in search of him.

He was moving through the building, when he saw his brother leave through what must have been the boss' office. Perfect. Making sure his brother was well away, Jeremy took out the pistol he stole from the guard in the fight. perfectly executed plan.

He walked into Leah's office, gun drawn. "Miss me?" he snickered. "Thought I'd leave my cell to see how you were doing."

osprey77
Marquis

Post by osprey77 » Mon May 16, 2011 3:22 pm

Matt didn't try to fight, he didn't try to escape. He just hung, limply. The seventeen year old was not small for his age, normally, but emaciated, and he had no doubt this mercenary could do just about anything to him. But looking around, he noticed his strange companions absence. How on earth...

When Leah heard the hated voice, she sat still, apparently engrossed by her computer. Curses...a loop feed. She had realized it as soon as Vince left, as the cameras still showed him in her office. She had been expecting a visit or breakout. It seemed the merc had opted for the visit. Perhaps she should have called her guards...but she was mad. She wanted to handle this herself.

She whipped around, suddenly, holding what looked like a normal pistol, but was, in reality, a tranquilizer. Though her hands shook with rage, she attempted to fire steadily.

"Does one miss a hangnail?" She snarled in reply.

((ooc: the dart doesn't have to hit, I left it open for her to miss. How do you want this to go: shoot-out with the two of them here, or show-down at the Renon house? I personally can work with either one.))
C. S. Lewis

C. S. Lewis

"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"
C. S. Lewis

All my Characters:

cossant
Marquis

Post by cossant » Mon May 16, 2011 4:48 pm

Jeremy had made a mistake. he had been so caught up in thinking he caught Leah off-guard that he didn't think anything of her unresponsiveness. A prideful mistake that cost him.

The dart hit him in the shoulder. Jeremy pulled the needle out, though he could already feel the effects. Things around him blurred, as he slumped to the floor. Though, he gave a laugh, as the tranquilizer took effect. "Better hurry, Leah. I'm...not the one you need to worry about." he warned, as darkness closed in on him.

Vince was leading Matt towards Leah's office, when a small explosion shook through the building. His radio blared. "Taking fire! Taking fire! We've been pinned down by several heavily armed hostiles! Requesting reinforcements!"

"Does every single job I take have to be this difficult?" he growled. Making sure his grip on Matt was solid, He sprinted towards Leah's office, his shotgun drawn. As he reached Leah's office, he was surprised to see his brother on the floor. For a second, he was impressed that Leah had turned the tables on Jeremy. of course, their were more pressing matters at hand.

"We've got to leave now."

osprey77
Marquis

Post by osprey77 » Tue May 17, 2011 6:38 am

Vince's timely entrance saved his brother's life. As soon as she saw the merc fall, Leah had pulled a knife out and began to lunge forwards. But, then came the explosion, then Vince, and Leah had to leave the unconscious wolf there.

"Right," She spat between clenched teeth. "Follow me, there's a hidden exit, that's where the car is."

Matt, when he saw Jeremy's unconscious form, had assumed the merc was dead, and the last shred of hope and fight abandoned the hybrid. It even took him a while before the dim realization hit him that they were leaving the compound. It took him the entire trip to the car to finally piece together what that meant, and what their destination likely was.

He tried to struggle, to avoid being shoved into the SUV, but he was weak. Suddenly, he was aware of Leah grabbing his shoulder, squeezing hard, her claws engaged. Her voice was a low snarl. "I wouldn't try it, Jerome. It only wastes your energy, and time, and you don't have much of either left."

She removed her had and slipped into the driver's seat, waiting for Vince to get himself and the kid into the vehicle. She swiftly calculated the time it would take for the poison she had injected, through a barely detectable metal cylinder, into Matt when she squeezed his shoulder, would take to take effect. It's slower than most poisons, but quicker than our usual batch. The pain will start as we cross into Hesse, and will be unbearable when we reach his house, giving us fifteen minutes to complete business. That's long enough.

((ooc: I would prefer it, having come this far, to have the main climax at the Renon house, with smaller climaxes at the compound, Valencii's house, or wherever. And I'm sorry for auto-ing your character a little, cossant. If you want, I can edit this post.
C. S. Lewis

C. S. Lewis

C. S. Lewis

All my Characters:

Rackenhammer
Spanish Scion
Species: Ferx

Post by Rackenhammer » Fri May 20, 2011 11:31 am

(Alright, here we go...)

Don and the team had returned to the local police lab. Besides himself, there was his second, a female grey wolf by the name of Lt. Megane, the lizard Jackson, and Colby, a rookie weasel. The skunk was currently working on the paperwork for the four Edwinians they'd picked up.
Going over the facts for a second time, more calmly, all the little nagging details were clearer. He made note of them:
1. No blood on guns supposedly used for suicide
2. Easy abandonment of mission objectives
3. No secret of their loyalties
4. Interest by foreign powers in a domestic cold case

He didn't know what it all added up to, but he was certain he hadn't heard the last of it.
He was right. "Sir! We've gotten a report of a serious altercation involving rocket-propelled grenades!" Jackson had an odd way of classifying things, but he sure knew how to gain attention. "And I'll bet you already know where."
"If it's not Valencii's house, then it's at one of the addresses he gave us." Don was already putting on his gear. "Ready up, team, I want us on the road in less that five."
It was all starting to add up. He didn't have the big picture yet, but he had most of the pieces now, and it all centered around the Renons...
A gut instinct, unanalyzable but one which had served him well twinged as he saw his strike team ready. "Colby, I want you to check in with the Renons. This has something of the smell of a diversion. The rest of you, come with me."

Megane remarked, as they drove away in the black SUV's, "If this smells like a diversion, why is only he going?"
"Remember, we're here to keep the peace. I don't know if anything's going down there, but we do know that someone's breaking the law down in the warehouse district, and it'll take a lot of us," Don gestured at the local police who followed them in squad cars, "to take 'em down."
Be Humble in Yourself, but Adamant in the Truth.

Rackenhammer's RP Experience "blog"

e-mail: [email protected]

All my characters in their insane length

cossant
Marquis

Post by cossant » Sat May 21, 2011 9:49 am

Vince settled himself in the back seat, as the firefight sounds became more distant. This job was nearing its end, and Vince was going to be their to see it through. A family massacre. Did his time in Edwin really change him this much?

Vince had his own plan in mind, regarding the two vials hidden on himself . Jeremy wasn't out of the game just yet, and Marcus was still out their somewhere, most likely defending the family, and Vince wanted to be ready.

Jeremy was barely aware of someone trying to shake him awake. With a cough, he opened his eyes to a female dragon with blue and green scales. She wore black tactical gear that covered most of her body, save her arms and head. Jeremy gave a weak smile.
"About time, Alisha. What, you decide to stop for pizza on the way here?" Alisha gave him a smile. "Still a sarcastic little bastard, I see." she said.

Jeremy forced himself up. "We gotta go. The Renons are in some serious danger." he informed. Alisha helped him up. "The kidnapping case?" Jeremy nodded, as they tore down the corridors. "How fast can you get us to their house?"

Alisha didn't get to answer as a barrage of bullets smashed over their heads as they rounded a corner. Alisha had expertly stopped and pushed Both her and Jeremy back around the corner. Drawing her Assault Rifle, she fired several bursts back at their assailants, as she dropped all three.
"We got a car outside." she responded as she took out a radio. "Start pulling back. The cops will be here to clean up the rest. Its best if we disappear before they get here."

AS they ran outside, Jeremy counted a small number of figures pulling back into various alleyways and out of sight. Jeremy sighted the car, and was in the passenger seat as Alisha slid over the car, and got in the driver's seat. "Okay, so, care to explain what you got yourself into this time?" Alisha questioned, as she sped out of the complex. Jeremy looked in the back to behold a light sniper rifle. "I'll tell you on the way. But first, what kind of ammunition that gun back their can fire?"

osprey77
Marquis

Post by osprey77 » Sun May 22, 2011 6:39 am

Now that they were on the way, some of the mad energy began to dispel from Leah, and she was cool, almost calm, as she drove, just at the speed limit, across one duchy and into another. After all, it wouldn't do to get a speeding ticket now. She allowed herself a smile. Everything was back on track. Everything she needed to become a different person was hidden under her driver's seat. After she finished business, she'd grab the case, Leah would disappear, and someone new would take her place, board a plane to Yamaha, and be gone. Everything is going according to plan.

Matt slumped in the floor of the car, all hope gone, his mind, perhaps, pushed closer to the breaking point than ever before. There was no hope...nothing else he could do...

As he lay there,he became a ware of a pain, low and dull at first, that grew slowly in sharpness and intensity.

Gregor Renon was in his office, doping this and that, thinking of nothing in particular, when the phone rang. Wearily, he picked it up. "Hello?"

"Gregor?"

"Leah? What is it?" He was a bit surprised to hear from her, lately, they hadn't seen much of their old friend.

"Gregor, I heard about what happened to Katya. Is she okay?"

"Yes, she's fine now, Leah, thank you for asking. Was that all?"

"No, There is something else. I've found him."

Gregor felt slightly stupid. "Found who?"

"Matt! Your son!"

If Gregor had not already been sitting he would have collapsed, though out of relief or surprise, he could not say. Despite her high position, Leah had always seemed a bit on the ditsy side, engaging in little 'practical jokes' and sometimes acting downright childish, in a pleasant fashion. "You found him? How is he? Is he all right? How did you find him? What-"

"I have...contacts in various places. Matt's a little...well, a lot worse for wear, but alive. I have him with me. An...associate and I are on the way. I don't know if we're being followed. It took a lot of work to spring him, and we're bringing him home."

"Leah, I can't thank you enough..."My son, alive!

"You don't have to. I'm almost there."

"You know the gate code," was all Gregor could choke out. He hung up quickly and ran to find Alice and Katya.

Yes, I do know the code. You fool. Leah laughed triumphantly to herself as she tossed the phone over shoulder, half-hoping it would strike the slumped figure. It didn't.

Everything is truly going according to plan...
C. S. Lewis

C. S. Lewis

C. S. Lewis

All my Characters:

Rackenhammer
Spanish Scion

Post by Rackenhammer » Sun May 22, 2011 1:42 pm

Don and the team had just missed Jeremy and Alisha leaving the melee when they arrived. By that point, it had deteriorated from a fight to mere chaos. The leaders of both factions had retreated, and the remaining combatants were panicked, shooting at each other, their own side, and the newcoming cops.
Don had experience in this type of urban chaos. Squad cars were sent to the surrounding streets to cut off the violence and keep if from spreading. The tactical force spread slowly inward, calling for surrender.
It took a while for the whole situation to occur to the mercenary followers of Leah. They'd been abandoned, and right now their only hope to get out of this scrape with any mercy was to turn State's evidence. The gang they'd been fighting had already been on retreat, but traces would remain for forensics to pick up.

Don took a deep breath, which his lungs regretted. Smoke, fire, blood, and dust... the wounds of a city assaulted his nose. Snorting out as much as he could, he radioed his team. "Not bad work. Round up the survivors and file 'em towards the paddy wagons." Forensics would have to sort out the rest, but Don's opinion was set when he saw the basement. *Just like Marcus, this. No unbought jury will let her go.*

A call came in. Colby.
"Don, got a bit of a problem. I've gotten access to the surveillance system we put in place around the Renon's house two years ago. Leah's almost there, and she's brought armed help!"
*Damn, I should have sent backup with him!*
"Alright, just stay calm. Come up the back, go in fully armed. Neutrino pistol, guard gleave, vest and all." The skunk tried to reassure his agent. "I sending you backup right now, just try to keep her in your sights, and don't let her do anything to them!"
~
"Right." The weasel clicked off his comm device, and drove the sedan round the back of the Renon house. No alarms went off, they were designed to let in law enforcement. The weasel had on a pair of shades, a corner of the lenses giving him live feed of Leah coming up to the gate.
The back door opened to the electronic skeleton key Colby had with him. Gun drawn, he stalked through the house, until he could hear the inhabitants. *Alright, steady on, remember Don's words, stay calm...*

cossant
Marquis

Post by cossant » Wed May 25, 2011 1:49 pm

Vince kept an eye on the kid, knowing full well that, if caught, he would be convicted at the same level as Leah. Murder.

*WHACK* "Ow!" Vince grunted, as the cell phone hit dead center in his temple. His paw came up to rub the bruised spot. "Would you watch where you throw your crap?" he growled annoyingly.

Marcus' wristcom got an incoming call. "Go ahead."

"Marcus, its Jeremy."

"Jeremy?" Marcus shot up from the spot he was laying down on.

"Listen. No time to explain. Get to Katya and Jason. Leah is on her way, and she and Vince are going to execute the entire family."

Marcus froze.

"Marcus? Marcus, are you there?"

For a second, Marcus just stayed still as a statue. Vince? His older brother? turned against him?

".....I got it. Protect Katya and her family.......at any cost."

"I'm sorry, Marcus. I wish it wasn't true. But it is. I'll be there as quick as I can, just keep them protected."

The wristcom shut off.

Knowing full well what to do, Marcus set off to Katya's house. For a second, he thought he could save both of his brothers.
Now, he might have to pull the trigger on his own. This job sucked on so many levels.

osprey77
Marquis

Post by osprey77 » Thu May 26, 2011 6:10 am

I wish I could say that Leah was sorry that the phone hit Vince. She wasn't. Truth be told, the merc meant nothing to her. At the end of the night, he'd just be another dead body. Right now, he was only a slightly useful, soon-to-be-dead body.

They had made it. She reached the gate and keyed in the code. The gates opened, and in they went. Then Leah killed the engine and gestured for Vince to get the kid out. She could see movement through the windows at the front of the house. The family would be joining them shortly.

The pain was now unbearable, causing Matt to writhe in an attempt to escape it. But the pain-causing agent was within his body, and there was no escaping it. Oddly, enough, he couldn't scream, because all muscles allowing him to open his mouth had locked up, no doubt a side effect of whatever drug had been pressed into his system. He had the somewhat strange feeling that he was drifting further from what was going on. His mind was clearer than it had been in ages, even as he could feel his system shutting down slowly. Idly, he wondered what would kill him first, this poison, or a bullet.

But he was aware of one other thing: his family was coming. He couldn't die yet, he had to warn them. He had to fight the muscles that weren't cooperating and open his mouth and warn them.

Leah watched the eager faces approaching, gauged they'd come far enough, whipped out a pistol and pointed it at Matt's head. "Stop right there." Leah's growl was so authoritative, they slowed. She saw confusion, incomprehension, on their faces.

She raised her voice a little, addressing Katya. "I was the only one who believed you when you said that Jerome was still alive, because I was the only one who could believe a criminal would have the audacity to kidnap a person, demand no ransom, and keep them alive for two years. I was the only one to believe it, because I am the only one to have done it."

Gregor was at a loss for words, but his whole face was a question.

"You brought this on your family, Gregor. What were you thinking, creating hybrids?"

The part of Katya's brain that was still thinking rationally, had one, absurd, disgusted thought. I thought the worse bias about hybrids was evidenced in the teasing at school. This is ridiculous!

Gregor found his voice, and it was filled with desperation. "What do you want, Leah?"

"What do I want? It has passed the point where mere bargaining could have saved you. Now, I want nothing but to see the lifeless corpses of you and your family."

Matt felt his stiff muscles yield. Knowing he was probably sealing his own death he screamed out at the top of wasted lungs. "Run! She's already killed me! Save yourself!"

Leah did not react as expected. Instead she whirled quickly, aimed at Katya, and fired. But there was one thing she hadn't planned on. She had never learned that Jason was staying with the Renons.

He had been there that night, but held back when he thought it would be a family reunion, not wanting to be in the way. When the gun came out. He began edging and skulking in the shadows closer to Katya, determined to protect her. When Leah aimed at the girl, the mutt threw himself froward. He pushed Katya out of the way, taking the bullet in his own lower abdomen.

Then, all hell broke loose.

((ooc: Your characters are now free to intervene. You may take Leah down, killing her if necessary. If I believe it's possible, Matt and Jason will survive. Right now, it's doubtful, for Jason, at least.))
C. S. Lewis

C. S. Lewis

C. S. Lewis

All my Characters:

Rackenhammer
Spanish Scion

Post by Rackenhammer » Thu May 26, 2011 9:56 am

When the indicators in his shades told him the car had stopped and Leah had disembarked, Colby abandoned stealth and blitzed through the house. Hitting the front door at a run, he rolled through the tableau at the front of the house, whipping out the neutrino and arming his guard gleave.
The Neutrino was a state-of-the-art firearm; locked individually to it's users DNA, powered by a fusion battery, it fired beams of neutrino energy, which ordinary bullet-jackets could not stop. Right now, it was set to "stun", the GBI preferred to bring in it's prisoners alive. The guard gleave was a less advanced piece of technology, but still impressive. It was armor fitted to Colby's left arm, supplementing his strength with hydraulics. It also had a laser-aimed taser fitted at the wrist.
Right now, the laser was aimed straight between Vince's eyes, and the agent had a point-blank shot aimed at Leah's chest with his pistol. "GBI, Freeze!"
You always had to give them a chance to surrender before firing, but Colby was almost certain that this offer wouldn't be taken, and had his trigger milled down to a hair...

cossant
Marquis

Post by cossant » Fri May 27, 2011 4:44 pm

Vince had taken out a vial without Leah knowing, and had injected it into Matt when he lead him out of the car. He would soon notice that the side-effects of the poison would be weaker than normal, followed by the pain reducing slowly. Not fully, but enough to survive. He had his orders. No casualties.

As he lead Matt in, Vince heart began beating. This was it. His job would either end here, or keep going.

He could understand confusion of the family when Leah had turned the gun on Matt, but he still kept calm. As long as Leah just talked, he could find a way around this. unfortunately, she didn't.

Vince's heart sank as he saw Jason take the bullet for Katya. He barely even took notice of the GBI agent.

screw his cover. A life may have been taken, and that was grounds enough to act.

Vince tackled Leah, trying to wrestle the gun from her grasp.

osprey77
Marquis

Post by osprey77 » Sat May 28, 2011 6:42 am

Without Vince's grip, Matt fell o the ground. To his family, it looked like he had died.The coming of the GBI had confused everyone. Before Leah could even process it, Vince tackled her. I knew that he was too good to be true. She wrestled him for the gun, but he was bigger, and more powerful. If she had still had access to her various poisons and drugs, Vince would've been history, but Leah had been feeling overconfident and left them in the vehicle. It was over in seconds, she was on the ground, disarmed, pinned by the merc.

Gregor and Alice hesitated, looked at each other, and decided. Gregor raced towards Matt; Alice toward Katya and Jason.

Gregor was immensely relieved to find Matt breathing, even semi-conscious. He held him in a sitting position, and the look in the father's eyes dared anyone to try to harm his son.

The raven (beaked) avian that was Mrs. Renon reached her daughter just as Katya wormed her way out from under Jason. Katya screamed, frozen. The girl, tough as she was and as much as she had been through, was quickly becoming hysterical. Alice reached her daughter, embracing her, wrapping wings around to shield the child. Alice extended one hand beyond the protective wall and reached for the young mutt's neck. His pulse was weak, irregular. Even with immediate medical attention, it was doubtful that he'd survive.
C. S. Lewis

C. S. Lewis

C. S. Lewis

All my Characters:

Rackenhammer
Spanish Scion

Post by Rackenhammer » Sat May 28, 2011 3:25 pm

The whole mess was confusing to an observer, but Colby knew that his perp was down. Drawing out a pair of cuffs, he dropped down next to Vince, slamming his knee right into the small of Leah's back. He nodded acknowledgment to Vince as he cuffed Leah's paws behind her back. "Thanks. Keep an eye on her while I see to the kid."
Matt and Jason would both need hospitalization, but Jason was in the most immediate danger. Ripping a section of cloth out of Leah's shirt, Colby attempted to staunch the bleeding with the rag he held. "Don! Our perp is down, but we're gonna need paramedics on the double!"
"I've sent them in with the backup. They're on their way right now." The skunk radioed in.

There was silence after that, as the Renons pieced together what was happening. Colby could hear the sound of vehicles and sirens approaching; the cavalry coming just after the nick of time.
"Hold on, do you hear me?" The weasel exhorted the mutt. "Just hang on, we're gonna get you help. Help's on the way, alright? Just stay with me!"