Welcome to the World of Feila!

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

New to the forum? Get started by reading general information about Feila and the rules of the forum.

Need help? Send a private message to RabidFox. The staff is always willing to assist users with questions and problems. There's also a thread for how to role-play.

Don't be shy. Feel free to start posting when you're ready. We have a friendly community that is more than happy to welcome you and invite you to role-play. And don't worry about all the informational threads! You only need minimal knowledge to role-play. There's no need to do lots of reading.

Role-players wanting to write role-playing posts under five sentences, see the One Liners board.

Check out our announcement forum, The World Court, for important information about what's going on in our community.

Want to chat with other Feilans? Check out our Discord server!

The Android's Secret.(Edwin [PM to join])

This is where all of the Age of Cyborgs role-plays are archived.
SophieTheRabbit
Count
Species: Rabbit

The Android's Secret.(Edwin [PM to join])

Post by SophieTheRabbit » Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:59 pm

This day had started just like any other day, warm spring sun and clear blue skies. Today was a perfect day for flying, or at least that was what the pilot of the 893 flight, between Yamaha and Edwin. It was a routine flight, smooth and comfortable. It's passengers enjoying there luxuries of the local news and personal media systems. All the passengers sat back, and enjoyed the flight, all but one girl. The tall slender raccoon was starting out of a window into the endless blue skies, her black ringed tail lay on her lap as she slowly stroked up it. Letting of a light sigh, her mind flurried with emotions of excitement and nervousness. An atmosphere of tension and silence radiated around her, a silence that was soon broken by a small bodily jolt, as her internal communication implants began ringing at the small bones of her ear. placing a finger to her temple, the ringing stopped on contact.

"hello?" The young fur spoke into the thin air of the cabin, her voice strongly Yamaha oriented, but with a slight mix of Dormus in there also. She sat back calming her nerves, awaiting a reply. Another voice bellowed in her ear, a gruff low pitched male. Strong in Yamaha accent, that spoke with authority.

"Amelia, Amelia can you hear me?"
"ouch, yes dad i can. don't talk so loud!" Amelia replied harshly. The voice soon sounded back in reply
"Oh, my bad. Guess i'm not used to this yet."
"I'm still annoyed that you made me get the implant in the first place, i feel like i'm talking to myself." Amelia looked to her side to make sure she wasn't being stared at. "You know my opinion on this stuff."
"I know, but this is the only way i could keep contact with you. But anyway how are you holding up?"
"Better than i thought, we are just coming in to land now."
"thats good, well i just wanted to check. Make us proud sweetie!"
"i'll do my best, speak soon dad."

Amelia removed her finger, causing the conversation to go dead. She let of another sigh as she prepared for the landing. It was a short interval before the cabin thumped as it had arrived. The other passengers rose suddenly and began exiting the plane, Amelia however remained in her seat. Once the stampede of Feilans has cleared a little, Amelia got up making her way out. She couldn't see much, most of the passengers stood taller than her, all she could see was furies congregating into a line. The casual banter of acquaintances filled her ears, along with an unpleasant smell of someones cheep cologne. she gripped the small shoulder bag she was wearing over her right shoulder tight as she began to move with the line. She moved forward, looking down at the red carpeted flooring, growing restless and wanting to get outside.

About 30 minuets passed before she had finally made it through to the main foyer. Her white pull along suitcase by her side, she stood there for a moment to calm herself as she observed the architecture of the building. She walked through the doors and made her way to her destination.
Brother: Hey Sis', want a carrot?
Me: No thank you.
Bro: Come on, Rabbits love carrots.
Me: Don't be so stereotypical Rabbits eat other things to!
Bro: Ok, ok, don't have to get touchy. Sheesh.

Later that day...
Bro: Hey Sis' what's that you're eating?
Me: Carrot cake.
Bro: Pardon?
Bro: What cake?
Me: CARROT.......*glares evilly* I hate you sometimes, you know that?

My Character

My Characters
http://twilightus.net/feila/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5652

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

Sponsor

Dimitriexeno
Outlaw
Species: Jawa
Location: giving the finger to the Feilan behind me/out my window.

Re: The Android's Secret.(Edwin [PM to join])

Post by Dimitriexeno » Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:15 pm

Francis toyed with the fake fur on his chin as he walked around the city, his eyes glowing orange in the shining daylight, and his empty reusable shopping bag dangling from his fingers by his knees. He looked to the sky, a few puffy clouds roamed around. He continued to walk, looking about the streets for something to bring to his apartment, and add to his collection of random junk he found interesting.

As he looked around, he bumped into several strangers, looping a mechanical “Sorry. Excuse me.” every time he did so. He passed a few of his favorite places, including a special dumpster he had found a few collectables from, and a café. While he passed through, he enjoyed the sounds and sights of the city, taking the time to stop once and a while in a nice breeze.

Once he got around to the bigger parts of the capital of Edwin, he started to bump into more people, this time they weren’t so friendly, most of the time cursing him or leaving in a huff as he said sorry whole-heartedly. At one point he found a can on the street, and picked it up happily, intrigued by the color and designs on it. He quickly pocketed it in the bag and kept walking, unknowingly making a near-by police officer smile.

During his walk, he liked to circle around by the airport and back home. As he was walking by he saw a lady fur. A Raccoon. Francis smiled and walked to her, in hopes of making a friend to help him on his hunts for various curios. He ran up to her and smiled, looking down at her short stature.
“Hello Fr-riend! I am Francis, the android. Would you like to assist me-me on a scavenger hunt?” he asked pleasantly, hoping she would say yes. “It’s fun work, you know. It pays off in the end.”
Spoiler:

JamesG
Inquisitor

Post by JamesG » Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:18 am

"Jaksson? You wanted to see me?" The elderly badger looked up from his desk. A short, wiry looking European Shorthair stood before him, wearing the white coat uniform with the company's orange, red and black logo on it's breast and back. The cat was in his fifties, yet he still seemed to contain some potential energy within. His stately bearing of his chest and shoulders suggested someone with a history in the military.

"Yes, Mr. Horner. It's about our recent purchases. A few inconsistencies in the accounting that I need addressed," Gareth Jaksson replied, his deep voice coarse and harsh. He called up some files on his wrist implant, the holographic display activating on Horner's desk.

"I am a little concerned about some of our spending, sir. Every once in a while, it seems that money just seems to go missing from our accounts. I tracked down a few memos that went through our resources department. I found this," Gareth explained, guesturing to the hologram. A six-wheeled APC suddenly materialised on Horner's desk. It was tapered and angular in design, with bulky protrusions for sensors, searchlights and mirrors.

"A Vedicus-class six-wheel drive armoured rapid-response vehicle, armed with mounted desintegration lance, upgraded suspension and fuel capacity, full 4DIDAR sensor suite. White paint job with the N.I.R.C.S logo as an additional decal. Originally intended to be operated by sentient AI, however regulations soon made that illegal and immoral. At least two have been bought. Very nice machines. Trouble is, nobody seems to know who ordered them, or where they now," Gareth continued monotonously, noting the badger's worried look.

"There's more. Advanced software modules, high-performance computing and orders for positronic components. Seems fairly routine for robotics. However, our retailer seems to be less than credible, sir. I have traced our purchases to the very same suppliers that produced sentient AI robots back in the 2100s. They're supposed to be out of business, but I'm sure they're using a front company to sell their wares to us. What's more, many of these positronic parts seem to go missing, just like that APC. If the Party were to inspect us, sir, our reputation could be severely damaged by our association with an illegal AI firm." Gareth paused. Horner nodded at him understandingly.

"Good work, Jaksson. I'll have someone investigate all this. Thank you for bringing it to my attention. That will be all!" he stated a little too quickly, waving the cat out of his office. As soon as the cat had left, his tail and coat tails swishing together in mild confusion, the badger spoke aloud, his throat microphone picking up his words.

"Gareth Jaksson suffered an industrial accident today. We are very sorry for his loss."

((OOC: Character profile: http://twilightus.net/feila/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5567 ))
"You can't just remain a root forever. Eventually you grow and change into other things, like stems and leaves and such. Are a tree's leaves an insult to its roots?" - Sade

"It is easy for a statesman, whether he be in the Cabinet or the Chamber, to blow a blast with the wind of popularity on the trumpet of war, warming himself the while at his own fireside; or to thunder orations from this tribune and then to leave it to the musketeer who is bleeding to death in the snow whether his system win fame and victory or no. There is nothing easier than that; but woe to the statesman who in these days does not look around him for a reason for war which will hold water when the war is over." - Otto von Bismarck

My Characters

SophieTheRabbit
Count

Post by SophieTheRabbit » Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:36 pm

Amelia stood just in front of the airport entrance, observing the tall old and worn down architectural mixing with sleek modernized buildings. She was lost in the moment, not noticing of the other pedestrians glaring strange looks whilst walking past her. She was hypnotized. Drawn in by the wonderful sights over influencing the racket of the local hustle. Panning her view along the glorious urban landscape, Amilea did not notice the android creating a fuss not far away. she could hear he voice loop,

'Sorry. Excuse me.' As it replayed she shrugged it off as her imagination. trapped in the cities splendor. The young raccoon's black ear twitched as she hear the voice once more, this time more distinctive, almost unnoticeable through the trance. Amelia broke her concentration to hear the voice address her. 'Hello Fr-riend! I am Francis, the android. Would you like to assist me-me on a scavenger hunt?' Slowly she turned to the android and produced a slow reply.

"Oh, why it is nice to meet you Francis. A scavenger hunt you say? What are you hunting for?" She eyed the android slowly, not sure what to make of him. He seemed harmless and a scavenger hunt might allow her to explore the city better. These thoughts pined to the back of her mind as she awaited a reply.

Later that day...

My Character

My Characters

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

Dimitriexeno
Outlaw

Post by Dimitriexeno » Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:56 pm

Francis nodded, the cool breeze ruffling his fake fur, telling his sensors it was around 49 degrees Fahrenheit with the wind. “Well, manly mechanical things.” He said in his monotonous voice, calculating his responses. “It’s loads of fun.”

His cybernetic brain working out his path to take back home and what to say to the new companion, he slightly tilted his head and smiled, trying to be friendly.
“It’s a great way to see the city.” Francis coaxed “We can stop at a restaurant. Furs like to eat food, right?” He asked earnestly.

Francis started to walk towards up-town, checking to see if His friend was following him “So, what’s your name?”

((Sorry this took so long! >.<))
Spoiler:

JamesG
Inquisitor

Post by JamesG » Sun May 01, 2011 5:06 am

Old Nottingham Town proper was not a city for personal vehicles. Many of the old roads at street level from the 21st century had been dug up and plated over with maglev monorail tracks, light monorails servicing around the city, whilst the bigger trains linked up important stations to the suburbs and outskirts. Personal vehicles were more common in the often ignored slums of Nottingham, or in rural areas. Gareth was not important enough or far away enough to get a Party approval for a personal vehicle. So, like most of the city's residents, he waited on the maglev station to the outer suburbs, gazing up at the curved plexiglass roof, where glowing blue text scrolled across the latest news. The Party Public Announcement and Speech Authority (SPEAKAUTH) was broadcasting some warning regarding curfew times. It seemed the Party wanted a quiet weekend, with mandatory screening and purges of the streets after ten at night.

Gareth caught the reflection of the approaching vehicle in the plexiglass a second before it hit. He dived as the plexiglass blossomed out into a rain of cutting shards, the heavy white machine plowing onto the platform. Furs screamed and ran for cover as the machine's hydrogen engine growled angrily at the cat. Gareth's greenish-brown fur bristled as he stared down the N.I.R.C.S utility truck. It was a vehicle used by his own company for moving goods, except there was no fur at the wheel. The feline realised it was being driven by a sentient AI. It was then Gareth realised just how much trouble he was in. His ears cocked as he heard a familiar sound. The whirring hum of an approaching train. Too high-pitched and too early for his regular stop. This was a fast-moving cargo maglev, briefly sharing the public transport rails to move important goods to the Party buildings in the centre of Nottingham. The truck's engine howled at him as the lumbering white machine accelerated for him. It was supposed to make it all look like an accident. An industrial accident.

Gareth turned and leapt over the maglev tracks. He missed being a red smear by a mere half a metre as the metallic, armoured hulk of a government goods train blew through the station, sending his white coat-tails waving in the wind. The AI-controlled truck was not so lucky. The train struck the vehicle at roughly two hundred kilometres an hour. One second the white demon of a machine was behind Gareth, the next it was a fireball, a flaming wreck as the maglev train plowed through it like a glass sculpture. Debris and dust rolled past Gareth. The maglev groaned and whined as its electromagnetic emergency brakes were applied by the AI running the vehicle. Bystanders looked on in awe. Those with the right eye implants were recording their own view of the collision, implanted microphones capturing the noise of the crash. No doubt a few of those recordings would end up on the Party's official news network, depicting a terrible accident and the dedicated efforts of heroic police and firefighters. Gareth, meanwhile, wasted no time in watching the explosion. He was running on foot, thanking his lucky stars he still had time to jog for exercise these days. Party officials were no doubt already converging on the scene. It did not strictly matter that the observation posts had recorded his escape; he could always say he had run out of panic after witnessing such a traumatic accident. Gareth was more concerned with his former employers, whom had now turned quite murderous.

And he had missed his train.
"You can't just remain a root forever. Eventually you grow and change into other things, like stems and leaves and such. Are a tree's leaves an insult to its roots?" - Sade

"It is easy for a statesman, whether he be in the Cabinet or the Chamber, to blow a blast with the wind of popularity on the trumpet of war, warming himself the while at his own fireside; or to thunder orations from this tribune and then to leave it to the musketeer who is bleeding to death in the snow whether his system win fame and victory or no. There is nothing easier than that; but woe to the statesman who in these days does not look around him for a reason for war which will hold water when the war is over." - Otto von Bismarck

My Characters

SophieTheRabbit
Count

Post by SophieTheRabbit » Thu May 05, 2011 9:42 am

Ammy smiled holding in a giggle from the android, "yes we do like to eat, i would love to accompany you." Watching as the android walk past, she shook her head and slowly walked behind him pulling her case along the smooth sidewalk. She placed her hand in her jacket pocket, and smiled as Francis looked back at her and asked her name "i'm Amelia, but everyone calls me Ammy." she let him lead gripping onto an item in her pocket. When she was sure he wasn't looking she pulled out a sort of scanner. It was a light alloy cased head set with an attachment holding an orange tinted plexiglass screen. Placing it on her ear she gave the android a diagnostic scan.

Seconds before the scan was complete Ammy got a high energy reading behind her, taking the scanner off and placing it in her pocket, she quickly turned to see a large explosion just a few streets down. "Holy Moley! Francis look!" she said poiting at the large fire wreck. "People may need help!" She said getting ready to run.

Later that day...

My Character

My Characters

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

Dimitriexeno
Outlaw

Post by Dimitriexeno » Mon May 09, 2011 5:17 pm

Francis’ eyes quickly flashed as he turned around and saw the explosion die. The internal map he used calculating where the event was taking place.
“Train transit station. Odd.” He said, his legs working into a running cycle to keep up with Amelia. “You really shouldn’t go over there!!” He called in a panicked tone, a few feet behind her. “The party will investigate you!”

The smell of steel and fire brushed by Francis’ artificial nose, with another smell he found unfamiliar. He saw a police man already arriving at the scene, having obviously been stationed there. Francis increased his speed to one that had not been used by him in some time to keep up with his new friend.
As he saw the crowds running to get out in the entrance of the building, He lost Amelia, instead bumping into a stranger in a uniform of the party and knocking both of them over. A slender shorthair cat.
“Sorry sir, I’m not quite s-sure as to why we are running in to-o the disaster.”
Spoiler:

JamesG
Inquisitor

Post by JamesG » Wed May 11, 2011 6:40 pm

Gareth had been caught up in the swathe of people trying to get through the plexiglass sliding doors out of the station. The red pipes hanging from the roof had all but burst open, sending a deluge of fire-retardent foam onto the tracks. The maglev had stopped in a siding beyond the station, the mangled chassis of the truck wrapped around it's menacing triangular cow-catcher. The term 'cow-catcher' was quite inaccurate, the train would probably slice a cow in half if such a creature ever found its way through barbed wire fences and onto a track. So, the Party had renamed the device, more appropriately, as the 'Derailment Minimisation Barrier'.

As Gareth pushed his way through the herd, a ferret bowled into him, causing the cat to swear loudly. He jumped to his feet and examined the fur that had waylaid him. A stuttering, apologetic ferret in his twenties in nothing more than a jumpsuit. Young people these days! Gareth thought huffily. His son Darius would never be so clumsy, or so badly dressed...

"Wrong way, kid. You don't want to go back there. Industrial accident," Gareth lied gruffly, trying to brush past. He had to get back home and make sure Darius was safe. The ferret refused to co-operate, though.

"That seems logical, but I must help my friend!" The ferret cried and dashed around the shorter feline. Gareth's hazel-green eyes widened. He might not have taken kindly to the stranger, but the young ferret had just run off towards a fire. Something instinctually paternal in the cat rose within him. Before he knew it, he was running back after the crazy ferret, shouting.

"Stop! It's dangerous back there!"

My Characters

SophieTheRabbit
Count

Post by SophieTheRabbit » Thu May 19, 2011 5:07 pm

Ammy quickly glanced back to see Francis trailing close behind. Leaning forward she increased her speed a little, dashing towards the stampede of fur's scrambling out of the station. Pulling the scanner out of her pocket she attached it to her ear, using it to time her entrance perfectly. Bursting through the crowds and taking a few seconds to scan the environment around her. The temperature of the station was almost unbearable, it was like being thrown into a sauna after laying in the snow. She shook her head and pushed past the evaluating travelers and staff. Looking behind her she noticed Francis was no longer flowing.

"Damn," Ammy cussed quietly "i need to find him!" Just as her about faced to head back into the station she was halted by a muffled cry.

"Help, i'm stuck! I'm in here, can anyone hear me?!" Ammy instinctively followed the the plea onto one of the platforms.

"Where are you?" She called walking hastily along the platform, looking left and right while scanning the area.

"I'm in here!" A middle aged Colly cried banging her paws against a closed plexiglass door, Ammy looked inside before pressing an emergency open button, not to no avail, not even an alarm. "The power is out! The terminals in here are sparking like crazy!" Looking over the command terminals in the room where lashing out with large sparks. She knelt down to the control panel, using the scan to find layouts and plans.

"scans show i would need tools i don't have with me to get into this thing...." She said calmly as she stood back up reaching over her head, "Well if you don't have the tools," She continued pulling out a large rather hefty looking all purpose wrench from the back of her jacket, which she held in her left hand. "improvise!" She violently swung the wrench down, colliding with the emergency open panel, sending it flying to the ground. Kneeling back down again, she placed the wrench on the ground as she reached for one of the pouches attached to her shoulder strap, from it she removed a multi purpose pocket knife. "well, this is a mess." She mumbled unfolding a pare of pliers, she began cutting and reconnecting wires in hopes of freeing the female collie. "ok this should do it!" she said finally connecting two wires together. A short spark jumped between them as the door slid open swiftly, picking her wrench up she guided the worker to safety. As the collie fled from the building, Ammy looked around the the outside entrance "where's Francis?"

Later that day...

My Character

My Characters

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage