Welcome to the World of Feila!

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

New to the forum? Get started by reading general information about Feila and the rules of the forum.

Need help? Send a private message to RabidFox. The staff is always willing to assist users with questions and problems. There's also a thread for how to role-play.

Don't be shy. Feel free to start posting when you're ready. We have a friendly community that is more than happy to welcome you and invite you to role-play. And don't worry about all the informational threads! You only need minimal knowledge to role-play. There's no need to do lots of reading.

Role-players wanting to write role-playing posts under five sentences, see the One Liners board.

Check out our announcement forum, The World Court, for important information about what's going on in our community.

Want to chat with other Feilans? Check out our Discord server!

The Final Pillar (OPEN TO ALL, Adjustable plot.)

This is where all of the Age of Cyborgs role-plays are archived.
The Crow
Baron
Species: Crow

Re: The Final Pillar (OPEN TO ALL, Adjustable plot.)

Post by The Crow » Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:58 pm

The bot's head suddenly exploded, as a bullet hit it and dug in. "Your late. And i'd appreciate it if you didn't hurt my friend." said a voice from the other side of the room. A crow stepped out of the shadows, putting a classic revolver away. He dusted off his jacket. "I said to arrive at 9:45 exactly. Not a minute later."
The guinea pig waddled hurriedly up the stairs to the fourth floor.
The Arc Thaums: http://feila.org/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=6247

"I am a knight of Imagination, Creativity and hopefully, Inspiration. I shall yield to no boredom, and I will not allow this site to succumb to the darkness of Inactivity!"
~ Me.

Sponsor

RavenFire487
God
Species: Canine

Post by RavenFire487 » Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:42 pm

Seeing the bot's head explode Ivelese ducked back into cover "Oh dear god." she said, looking around the decrepit area around her "Why did I ever agree to this?" she asked herself as she looked back out to see what was going on since she no longer heard gunfire.

The Crow
Baron

Post by The Crow » Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:00 am

"You can come out. I'm Jack. You came about the job, yes? Smithy, fix up that bot for our guests would ya?" shouted the crow, putting his guns away.
The Guinea Pig hobbled back, picked up the robot, and dragged it up the stairs.

"I am a knight of Imagination, Creativity and hopefully, Inspiration. I shall yield to no boredom, and I will not allow this site to succumb to the darkness of Inactivity!"
~ Me.

Kael
God
Species: Panther or Dragon

Post by Kael » Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:24 am

Jan had her lance pointed right at Jack. "You know how much work Sol put into that thing?" She said in angry tones.

Sol cried out when the bot was struck, as it caused massive feedback. She tore out the earpiece and quickly disconnected. "Shit! What the Hell happened?"

Jan called out to Sol, who joined them. Sol came in like a whirlwind, going straight to the bot after checking on Jan. "Okay, repairable. No major functions damaged, just need a couple chips."

Jan adressed the crow. "Sol can repair it. If you have the parts, she can do it quick. As for the rest, we dont exactly expect to get SHOT at before the job even BEGINS. So we reacted. Sol doesn't do much in the way of combat, so that bot is her sub. Or was, since you so carelessly nearly destroyed it."
Why is it that, as a culture, we are more comfortable seeing two men holding guns than holding hands? ~Ernest Gaines

If homosexuality is a disease, let's all call in queer to work: "Hello. Can't work today, still queer." ~Robin Tyler

War. Rape. Murder. Poverty. Equal rights for gays. Guess which one the Southern Baptist Convention is protesting? ~The Value of Families

Did you hear about the Scottish drag queen? He wore pants. ~Lynn Lavner

Why can't they have gay people in the army? Personally, I think they are just afraid of a thousand guys with M16s going, "Who'd you call a faggot?" ~John Stewart

Soldiers who are not afraid of guns, bombs, capture, torture or death say they are afraid of homosexuals. Clearly we should not be used as soldiers; we should be used as weapons. ~Letter to the editor, The Advocate

The Crow
Baron

Post by The Crow » Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:30 am

"And do you know how hard it is to find and befriend a Guinea Pig? And do you know how easy it is to kill one? I'd rather have my friend alive than dead!" he said, checking on the Guinea Pig. There was a large bruise where he was jabbed. "Dear me Smithy, that's looking pretty bad. You think you gonna be alright?" he asked, helping the Guinea Pig to his feet. "I apologize for the shooting, but you were late." He tossed them a bag full of coins. "For your troubles. Still interested, I hope? And you should ask Smithy, he does all the tech."
"I'll be fine crow... *Wheeze* We could probably make it more... *Wheeze* more efficient, maybe even make it quicker with a little 'clockin?" he laughed slightly, but broke into a fit of coughing then wheezing, which eventually subsided.

~ Me.

RavenFire487
God

Post by RavenFire487 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:01 pm

Since it finally seemed safe, Ivelese stood up and walked over to the group, albeit slowly and extremely nervously. Hearing that the one girl had that bot for fighting with Ivelese was nervous "It's not gonna be nessceary to be able to fight for this, is it?" she asked, for as long as she'd lived, she'd never fought, simply cause she had no need to.

The Crow
Baron

Post by The Crow » Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:14 pm

The crow shrugged. "Hopefully not. You any good with turrets? I guess I might as well tell you why I need help." he pulled a multi-coloured rubix cube out of his pocket. There was one problem with it, however; no two colours matched. It eminated a strange, undiscovered energy. "Ever heard of 'True Magic'? My father told me stories of it. Apparantly, it was stored in eight great pillars of power. I want to find these pillars, hopefully before the final sparks of true magic dies." he said, tossing Sol the cube.

~ Me.

Regret
Outlaw

Post by Regret » Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:29 pm

Rune had found an odd canister, or rather it found him and nearly hit him in the head. After examining the contents inside Rune followed its instructions. When he read the part about exploding Rune ran like a the wind. Rune barely made it six feet away from the canister before it exploded and knocked him down. After getting up and dusting himself off Rune realized that his special leather armor's shields were damaged taking the brunt of the explosion. "I hope this job is still open because the repairs sure arn't getting any cheaper, that damn thing nearly killed me." he said to himself.

The grey wolf rounded the corner to head to the meeting room when he spotted the dead body." Aw man I just missed out on the welcome party!" he said as he walked into the room casually. "Uh hey. Just wandering, who's the dead guy down the hall? Wait a minuet... don't tell me, room service finally decided to add dead bodies to their delivery services!?"

Rune always was a sarcastic smartass, he couldn't help the fact that he love to joke around. The 5'9" wolf stood in the doorway and slowly scaned the rooms occupants." Rune looks at Ivelese who looks ill dressed for dirtywork. " Who's Jake... Jerk...Zach... no it was.. yah that's it. Who's Jack?"

Seeing that everyone was stairing at him Rune remembered how everyone else commented on his odd outfit. He wore a leather paldron on his right shoulder and a simple leather cuirassover his green tunic and pants.It didn't help that he carried two swords that were attached to his arms. " Before anyone says it, NO I'm not lost or looking for a renassance fair."
The word of Tobuscus is now Law... Boop!

Thou shall access Youtube and clickith the search bar.

Then thou shall typeith within the search bar the search term Tobuscus.

After thou has typeithed within the search bar the search term Tobuscus thou shall pressith thy enter button.

Thou shall not pressith thy enter button before the search term Tobuscus has been typeithed within the search bar but pressithed only after Tobuscus thy search term has been typeithed within thy search bar.

Capiche ?

Kael
God

Post by Kael » Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:34 pm

[wat dead body?]

Sol caught the cube, albeit hesitantly. She soon got over it, and went about examining it.

Jan had caught the bag, took a handful, then threw it back. "They weren't that bad, just a bit antagonizing. I am a bit protective of what Sol builds. Seeing as I am a product of her hard work..." She glanced down at Solara, who was sitting next to her damaged bot, examing the cube with a child-like wonder. Jan's eyes were filled with love.
Why is it that, as a culture, we are more comfortable seeing two men holding guns than holding hands? ~Ernest Gaines

If homosexuality is a disease, let's all call in queer to work: "Hello. Can't work today, still queer." ~Robin Tyler

War. Rape. Murder. Poverty. Equal rights for gays. Guess which one the Southern Baptist Convention is protesting? ~The Value of Families

Why can't they have gay people in the army? Personally, I think they are just afraid of a thousand guys with M16s going, "Who'd you call a faggot?" ~John Stewart

Soldiers who are not afraid of guns, bombs, capture, torture or death say they are afraid of homosexuals. Clearly we should not be used as soldiers; we should be used as weapons. ~Letter to the editor, The Advocate

The Crow
Baron

Post by The Crow » Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:54 pm

The crow nodded to Rune. "I'm Jack, You here for the job? Good. You came just in time." Jack hadn't even waited for Rune to reply before continuing. "We're looking for what is probably the final source of magic in the world. And that cube, is our only clue." he said, pointing to the puzzle in Sol's hands.

Smithy, the Guinea Pig, brought a wheelbarrow full of computer chips over to Sol. "Grabbed all the ones i could find. Need any help?" he said, rubbing his bruised kidney.

~ Me.

Regret
Outlaw

Post by Regret » Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:34 pm

When Rune heard the mention of magic he briefly stiffened up but quickly forced himself to relax.

[ok so maybe I overexaggerated it was just a little rat that I was calling the dead guy, but it is a dead male rat okay...]

"Ya I'm here for the job, who's bright idea was it to throw an exploding message at me anyways? Damn near killed me and took out mah shields, shooot. I just want you to know I'm not much one for killing at long ranges, I can do it but I prefer to let them see their killer. On a lighter note I hope that none of you are allergic to peanuts because I ate a bag of them and I don't think that they liked that very much... so just an SBD allert, I apologize." Rune was never bothered by passing gas in public however he did try to be polite and give a fair warning. All the while his mind was mulling over the secrets of the odd cube. "Where did you get that cube? That color glyph on the corner there looks like the magic glyph for earth, it's my favorite magic glyph." Rune said and pointed to one of the cubes corners.

[Sorry crow I hope I didn't mess anything up with the glyph part, I can fix it if you want. Just thout it might help make it interesting and unfold Runes background. Cheers!]

After thou has typeithed within the search bar the search term Tobuscus thou shall pressith thy enter button.

Thou shall not pressith thy enter button before the search term Tobuscus has been typeithed within the search bar but pressithed only after Tobuscus thy search term has been typeithed within thy search bar.

Capiche ?

Kael
God

Post by Kael » Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:21 am

Sol was reading all the glyphs and scanning them in when Smithy brought the chips. "Sure. Sorry bout hitting you there. I tend to overreact." She finished scanning all the sides and went to work on the bot, searching through the chips. "Find me an auditory and motor chip. I need a new optical one too." She located a motor one, in fairly good condition, recent make. She took out a fancy device which she pointed at the bot's head. It buzzed a bit, and the head opened. The mess of wiring inside was nearly intact, but the chips were a mess. She went to work with her device, extracting chips with a buzzing.

Jan looked at the cube Sol had put down. "It seems slightly familiar. Let me check." She grabbed a small laptop from the bag, and did a quick search for 'Mystical Cubes.' It came up blank. "I need Sol when she's done to help me hack the gov't database. It might be in there."

The Crow
Baron

Post by The Crow » Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:24 pm

"Thats alright, you did what you had to. Here, try this one." Smithy handed Sol a rather bulky-looking optical chip. "This one should exceed your requirements. Its a G13-180 and a L14-23 combined, and safely overclockable if required." he handed the chip to her. "Say, you any good at driving Industrial-grade mechas?"

"I dont think you'll find it anywhere, true magic has all but died out, remember?" said Jack.

~ Me.

Regret
Outlaw

Post by Regret » Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:46 pm

Rune perked up at the mention of mechas. " I've got a bit of experience piloting mechas.. ah .. Guinea man. Well not with heavy mechs, just the lightweight mechas you know light and fast all the way I say. Any chance that I can get my leather curiss' shield repaired?" Rune said as he started poking around the room.

Capiche ?

The Crow
Baron

Post by The Crow » Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:59 pm

"Sure, just allow me a second for help out this lady." said Smithy, shovelling for another chip.

"Howabout the big ones? As in, twelve leg?" asked Jack, flipping a coin in his hand.

~ Me.