Welcome to the World of Feila!

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

New to the forum? Get started by reading general information about Feila and the rules of the forum.

Need help? Send a private message to RabidFox. The staff is always willing to assist users with questions and problems. There's also a thread for how to role-play.

Don't be shy. Feel free to start posting when you're ready. We have a friendly community that is more than happy to welcome you and invite you to role-play. And don't worry about all the informational threads! You only need minimal knowledge to role-play. There's no need to do lots of reading.

Role-players wanting to write role-playing posts under five sentences, see the One Liners board.

Check out our announcement forum, The World Court, for important information about what's going on in our community.

Want to chat with other Feilans? Check out our Discord server!

The Next Hop (open)

This is where all of the Age of Space role-plays are archived.
Ziger
Baron

Re: The Next Hop (open)

Post by Ziger » Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:51 pm

A serious dilemma now stood before Dutch. It stopped the wonder rabbit dead in his tracks on the ceiling of the corridor. Does he take the chance to enter the core room, and do the crew some good where he can, or does he check on the feline that he had saved? Dutch quickly looked between from the core room door to the cheetah, then back, then to the cat, then to the door. He was having trouble deciding.

On one paw, he could disappear now, and do his job. Secretly he could aid them, listening to the radio signals, making connections where they needed to be, learning about the the ship and any new technology it might have hidden away. This would be quite the prospect to the little one, who's world revolved around learning, advancing, and leaning the tables in the favor of those he saw worthy of it. On the other paw, the feline had been badly injured when Dutch had last seen him, and he worried that he might need to lend his technologist's paws there, first. If the cat died under Dutch's watch, there would be a very long grieving period for the rabbit, and the guilt would follow him for some time.

The rabbit sighed, left the core door alone, and slipped into the nearest air vent. He couldn't just climb in right behind the engineer, after all! Every one would see him.
----------------------------------------------------------
A few whispering gusts of breath escaped Jason, his equivalent of a laugh with out a real vocalizer. To Jason, who's job consisted of going to all corners of the ship to clean and maintain things, running was something that was encountered often. He pat the back of Nobel, and then tapped at the pad he had been given. "You saw him. You saw the guardian." Jason grinned wide at Nobel, tail flickering happily in the air behind him. "He must be an angel. He saved lives with his miracle."

Sponsor

krazykatboy
Thief

Post by krazykatboy » Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:46 pm

Nobel turned face up as the cat spoke, "Miracle? What miracle?"
Fredrick suppressed a chuckle, A bunny, an angel? Uh huh...
Sandra interrupted the three sounding rather concerned, "Fredrick, if I may speak to you alone?"
He was caught rather unaware, "Uh, yeah, I apologize, but something must have come up, Sandra does not commonly ask for privacy."
-----------
Fredrick closed the channel and walked out of the med-bay and into the adjacent storage room, he nearly whispered into the room's terminal, "What's wrong, Sandra?"
Sandra seemingly sighed, "The scout was shot down."
Fredrick groaned, "Great, get an estimated location, inform our friends..."
"That's not all sir," She interrupted, "It received a visual before it was shot." an image of a heavily-armed carrier popped on the screen, it's obvious armaments included three artillery sized railguns. A red flag was painted on the side.
Fredrick's face turned grim, one railgun he could handle, three, no way. "Fuck... zoom in on the flag."
"Understood, zooming 500%." Sandra acknowledged. The flag was the white silhouette of a wolf in front of a black full moon.
Fredrick hissed, "Lupus?! What are they doing here!?"
Sandra closed the picture, "I am not sure, but they will not be happy about seeing you."
Fredrick chuckled, "Their base was so pathetic! But the 1800k from Feilan government was nice... Begin the usual procedures." He opened up the channel again, "Sorry to cut it short, but we see a hostile carrier about 52 kilos port-side. Heavy weaponry and they won't like my existence here. We've begun basic ECM and ECCM. Unless they have drones that we can't see, we're nigh invisible."
--------------
As Fredrick was managing the issue at hand, Nobel chatted with the feline, "So..." he looked around, rather confused about what just happened, "What type of ship were you on? The Hell Lance is a Spec Ops ship, low thermal signature, specialization in electronic-counter-measures and network breaching, thick armor, and the most complex AI system in the entirety of Feilan space... I'm boasting aren't I?" He chuckled, "Sorry, just proud of how she translated from paper."
Medieval Characters
Di' Tul, The Wanderer and his apprentice Shi' Na Fireheart-Wandering mages

Steampunk Characters
Lucile "Lucy" Frantera- Tinkerer

Space Characters
Roddy Horsen - Navy Engineer
The Retor Brothers- An obsessive nerd, his badass brother, and their ship.

darkkitsune
Duke

Post by darkkitsune » Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:53 pm

Jerard looks at the blank screen, "Well, I guess that could have gone better... Sonya, is that ship coming for us?"

"No, Sir... I don't see why they would be after us..." Sonya said after checking for anything outstanding.

"Well, you did free me and that would have made a big wave in some places..." Mark said seriously.

"And how would they know?"

"umm... sir, I did detect a signal that pulsed out when Mark was released from the computer system."

"Why didn't you tell me when it happened, Sonya?" Shesh, good help is so are to find.

"because we were dealing with a virus that could kill you right after exiting the translator."

"That's true..."

"yo, I'm right here you know... and I don't think that the hostile ship isn't going to be nice and not shoot at us." Mark looks at Jerard, "I would suggest that you use the invisibility before that ship gets too close."

Jerard nods, "Sonya... could you make it happen?"

"Yes, sir... Invisibility activated. We are no longer viewable by any tracker or radar."
"Let's light them on fire some morrrre."
Group of ninja burst into flames...again

If any of the stories that I am in need revising, please PM me, so that I make the changes. Because I would like to have the stories make sense and flow better. (In the PM tell which story needs changing and how, please?)

Feila IRC Chat

Image I, insert name DESTROYED Feila *Evil laughter*

My Characters

Ziger
Baron

Post by Ziger » Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:50 am

Jason simply grinned wider at Nobel when he asked about the miracle. He bowed his head to Fredrick when he excused himself, and turned back to the other brother. Jason's digits pecked away at the screen. "I worked and lived aboard the freight vessel with out a name. The designation seemed to change depending on where we were, and what we were carrying." The grey cat scratched his chin, tilting his head at a thought. "Maybe that was why we were attacked. Oh! Do be proud of your ship, and it will be proud of you!" Jason beamed at the phrase, smiling wide and patting Nobel on the back. His paw quickly returned to the pad, though, since it was the only way he could talk. "If your ship is proud enough of you, it won't let you down. Who knows, maybe some day you will witness a miracle, too."
------------------------------------------------
Dutch grinned silently inside the vent. He couldn't see the two felines, but he could hear them. It sounded to rabbit ears like they had at least given the poor fellow a means of communicating, but hearing wasn't enough. The vent that went to med bay was a tight fit, even for the foot long duct runner. He took the chance, and edged into the vent he thought the voices were coming from. On fur padded feet Dutch crept silently through the darkness, until he hit a snag. A smart magnet in a hind leg malfunctioned. 'Blast! I'm getting too old to function! I must have pinched a nerve, or a junction, or something. I'll just pull my foot loose, and the magnet should... turn... off..." Dutch tugged at his foot, pushing with the other three limbs.

"Oh, come on!" The rabbit gave one last tug, and his foot came free. Unfortunately, all the magnets switched off this time, and the fur covered bunny could find no traction in the smooth metal ducts. Dutch bit his tongue to cut out any yelp or scream, and covered his face with little arms to protect himself. Good thing too, as the rabbit crashed through a vent cover, bounced off a supply rack, and then up against a wall. The rabbit groaned, shaking his head to clear the dizziness from his head.

Imagine the look of horror on the little guy's face when he looked up to see Fredrick, looming overhead.

krazykatboy
Thief

Post by krazykatboy » Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:17 pm

Fredrick didn't seem to notice the rabbit from the sky as he began playing the battle out in his head, The d-lance is more potent the closer they are, but the magnetic field around the carrier would counteract the lance unless... Overload the masers, making a strafing run towards her EM field generator, then full speed into them, d-lance them at 500m, if I overload reverse thrusters, we should stop within 210m. They'll be blindsided, heavy casualties, about 45% of their ship inoperable, but will need to do some maintenance on the reverse thrusters and maser arrays afterword to take care of any melted electronics. he nodded, "Sandra, D-lance status..." He looked down noticing the cowering rabbit, "And how the hell did this thing get on my ship!?"
Sandra responded in her usual calm tone, "Disintegration Lance pulse at 36% and rising, beam 12% and rising. As for the rabbit, Nobel allowed him free roam of the ship, save for vital systems. It appears to have an advanced thought process as well as capabilities of independent thought, planning, speech, and understanding of emotions, and is thusly considered sentient."
So Nobel wasn't hallucinating... he glared at the rabbit, "Listen, if you bug me while I'm piloting her, we won't be living much longer, understood?"
--------------------------
Nobel quickly added two and two together, "So, you were on a smuggling ship? Figures they would leave their crew in the dark... still, ships like yours helped build the Hell Lance, some of the materials that went into the armor and shield management systems weren't exactly of the legal variety, needed to get the navy-issue stuff somehow..." he smiled at the phrase, "If our ship wasn't proud of us, she'd let us know one way or another. Made her AI as close to an actual fur as possible, with limited security restraints so she still get emotional, but not act on it..."
Sandra interrupted him, sounding a tad irate "Yes, and I wish I could..." She digitally sighed "but your concern is understandable, I might get raging mad at one of the crew and turn off life support."
"Yes, but she's not afraid to speak her mind. I admit, I exploited my job at the Von Drake, but I've never been happier."
-----------------------
Meanwhile, Sandra (Or more accurately EW927) was busy chopping away at the cruiser's virtual defenses. It already passed phase one, which involved bypassing the firewall, it now was at phase two, implanting Virtually Intelligent Programs, AKA VIPs or agents. VIPs differ from AIs in the fact that they lack an AI's emotional capabilities and near-omnipotence whilst maintaining their adaptability. Each VIP was assigned a different low-security subsystem to probe for access points to higher-security subsystems. The process usually took about a second, but this time it took a minute, at which time a VIP reported an access point from the interface subsystem to the security subsystem. It was only a matter of time until full control was available.
Medieval Characters
Di' Tul, The Wanderer and his apprentice Shi' Na Fireheart-Wandering mages

Steampunk Characters
Lucile "Lucy" Frantera- Tinkerer

Space Characters
Roddy Horsen - Navy Engineer
The Retor Brothers- An obsessive nerd, his badass brother, and their ship.

darkkitsune
Duke

Post by darkkitsune » Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:44 pm

"Sir, I'm reading that the AI is trying to penetrate the firewall of the ship that is coming at them..." Mark said. The ship was still invisible to every radar, "Sonya, monitor the progress... tell me when that AI is through..."

"Jerard, sir? Do you agree with this order?" Sonya asked.

"Yes, that's sounds reasonable... and Sonya, he would know how to do battle with the net better I would think... better then me that is..." Jerard answers.

"Ok, sir. Net battling now transferred to Mark. Battle route initiated..." Sonya states as a couple of monitors fold out a pair of gloves and visor appears.

"Sweet setup," Mark stated as he gets ready, "Now all it would need would be a gyro seat..." as a chair came out, "Oh, you are too good, Sonya..."

"Oh, I've had those old things for away, mostly for someone like you to come around."

"And it still works... If you were a fur, I would kiss you... in fact..." Mark powered on the gloves and put on the visor, "I think I will kiss you..." and hugged the virtual fur of Sonya that looked like a tall white hare and kissed her on the lips.

Sonya blushes virtually, "you're welcome Mark... Now let's see if we can help that AI brake through faster..."

Mark nods and turns to the backdoor that wasn't uninstalled for the ship, "Activate Backdoor program, Let's get to that ship..."
"Let's light them on fire some morrrre."
Group of ninja burst into flames...again

If any of the stories that I am in need revising, please PM me, so that I make the changes. Because I would like to have the stories make sense and flow better. (In the PM tell which story needs changing and how, please?)

Feila IRC Chat

Image I, insert name DESTROYED Feila *Evil laughter*

My Characters

materwolf
Omnipresence
Species: Collie

Post by materwolf » Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:24 am

(mind if I join in?)
"Fate protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise."
-Commander William Riker, USS Enterprise, NCC-1701D-

My characters