Welcome to the World of Feila!

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

New to the forum? Get started by reading general information about Feila and the rules of the forum.

Need help? Send a private message to RabidFox. The staff is always willing to assist users with questions and problems. There's also a thread for how to role-play.

Don't be shy. Feel free to start posting when you're ready. We have a friendly community that is more than happy to welcome you and invite you to role-play. And don't worry about all the informational threads! You only need minimal knowledge to role-play. There's no need to do lots of reading.

Role-players wanting to write role-playing posts under five sentences, see the One Liners board.

Check out our announcement forum, The World Court, for important information about what's going on in our community.

Want to chat with other Feilans? Check out our Discord server!

Just Desserts (Dmitri) (Omndragon, Darkkitsune, PM to Join)

This is where all of the Age of Space role-plays are archived.
JamesG
Inquisitor

Just Desserts (Dmitri) (Omndragon, Darkkitsune, PM to Join)

Post by JamesG » Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:55 am

"Captain?"

There was no response. A pair of orange eyes watched the lanky weasel timidly stepped into the dark room. A mouth materialised in the darkness, its spit glowing bright blue.

"What, Jack? I'm tired," the voice was a light tenor, slurred as the captain slowly awoke.

"Captain Fontaine, we are matching the target's orbit. They are going to dock at Dedolac Station in half an hour. We need to move in." Friss Fontaine groaned, and sat up, blue and purple mood lighting revealing the room's expensive interior. Friss spent altogether too much of his mother's fortune on pointless extravagances, turning a private yacht into his own plaything. He had bought an enormous water bed, sleek form-fitting furniture for the hybrid's admittedly pear-shaped body and expensive emitters connected to Dmitir's news networks. They would automatically alert him should his name come up on intrastellar broadcasts. Friss was a small-fry for a pirate and did love hearing his name sent out across the system, making Feilans tremble with fear. Or so he imagined.

Friss dressed in a royal blue robe, tying a red and gold sash around his soft, fuzzy middle. Friss' fur was altogether too smooth to look like a true space pirate. He was pampered a great deal more than Jack the weasel, who's fur looked like it had been electrocuted. He was born an Otter/Mink hybrid, and looked quite harmless at first glance. Friss only looked dangerous when his enemy noticed his genetically altered fangs, or his scar on the left cheek. His left ear too, had been pierced numerous times, and was covered in jewelled rings. As Friss meandered bare-pawed through his ship, his hair messy and his eyes half-closed, his robe would sometimes animate a white dragon snarling on his back.

The Maelstrom approached its prey rapidly. Fontaine had been after a medium sized freighter in orbit over the gas giant Dmitri. It was a Feilan importer, bringing goods in from the inner system. Friss Fontaine beleive Feilans were an inferior people to his own, and mustelids were the superior of all the Dmitrians.

"Captain, they are unarmed, and have agreed to surrender. We're out of range of the station's weapons, so this should be an easy plunder," the second officer reported, as Friss entered the bridge.

"Whatever," he grunted, as he ordered a hot chocolate off his cybernetic implants. The command was sent to the ship's computer, which began to prepare his drink in the galley. "Stupid floaties,' he sneered at the ship overlayed on the Maelstrom's scanner readout. The Feilans always designed their ships to look like antiquated rust buckets, and Friss found them ludicrous to behold.

The Maelstrom's streamlined modules linked up with the Feilan freighter, the big "CinoFreight" logo visible from the starboard viewports. A wind blew through the vessel as the airlocks were opened, equalising the pressure between the two vessels. Friss checked his pistol was securely tucked into his sash, and followed his crew through the airlock, holding his custom built carbine in his right paw, drinking hot chocolate out of the mug in his left. Friss had programmed the galley's computer to always serve him with whipped cream on his drink, so he had a frothy white moustache on his fuzzy upper lip that everybody was too polite to point out.

~~~

"You can't take our cargo! please! If I don't make this delivery, I lose my job!" Friss gazed lazily at the desperate Feilan captain. Friss was under the impression that he looked both handsome and dangerous. In truth, the froth moustache and messy black hair just made him look insane.

"You seem to think I care, Feilan. You're not worth your job. You're not worth the air you breathe," Friss sneered. The captain then made a grave mistake. He tried begging with Friss, on his knees. Unfortunately, Friss mistook the sudden movement as an attack. In a second, the captain had blown three smoking holes in the canine's chest. He kicked the corpse to make his point, wincing as he stubbed his bare paw. The captured Feilan crew grew shuddered and gasped in revulsion. Friss grinned and and chuckled nastily as the robotic lifters from his ship began transferring cargo to his hold.

Friss slumped down onto his water bed, a silly smile on his face. There was nothing like an easy job. The cargo had been transferred, and the Feilans cut adrift. He had made another clean getaway. He intended to celebrate with something a little stronger than hot chocolate, but was interrupted by his holographic projectors. The image of an anchorfur popped up on his implants. His heart leaping in excitement, Friss opened the file. A hologram of the fur appeared in his quarters. It was a news report broadcast across the moons of Dmitri.

"...and CinoFreight has now set an official bounty of fifty-thousand Dinars for the live capture of the space pirate known as Friss Fontaine. The Feilan Intrasolar Police Service are currently trying to obtain a warrant to question the pirate's mother."

Friss punched the air.

"I'm on the news!" Friss shouted in joy, making certain to save the news file, "just like Daddy. I knew I'd be as famous as him one day!" Friss laughed to himself, and settled down to celebrate, mainly by watching trashy hologram films and eating too much chocolate. Meanwhile, his crew slept uneasily in their cramped bunks. Friss was an idiot of a captain, but at least he paid them well. That was the only reason they associated with him at all.
"You can't just remain a root forever. Eventually you grow and change into other things, like stems and leaves and such. Are a tree's leaves an insult to its roots?" - Sade

"It is easy for a statesman, whether he be in the Cabinet or the Chamber, to blow a blast with the wind of popularity on the trumpet of war, warming himself the while at his own fireside; or to thunder orations from this tribune and then to leave it to the musketeer who is bleeding to death in the snow whether his system win fame and victory or no. There is nothing easier than that; but woe to the statesman who in these days does not look around him for a reason for war which will hold water when the war is over." - Otto von Bismarck

My Characters

Sponsor

omndragon
Duke

Re: Just Desserts (Dmitri) (Omndragon, Darkkitsune, PM to Jo

Post by omndragon » Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:17 am

The drink tasted like crap. It was more water then liquor. I consider spitting the swill onto the floor then I consider my empty pockets. I swallow the drink and grimace. I spent the last of my cash on this. I may as well try to enjoy it. I sipped at my drink trying to spread it out, but I finally tipped the glass back and gulped the miserable beverage in one gulp. I had enough of this bar anyways. The air smelled of old vomit and something else. I got up and started to walk to the exit. I heard the printing of a new wanted poster and paused. I turned around and walked back to the bulletin board. The bar tender grunted the ripped the wanted poster then posted it to the bulletin board. The fresh ink made my nose itch. I saw: wanted Friss Fontaine 50,000 Dinar reward. I nod not a bad bounty. I notice it is from a corporation and not the law. I pull my writ up and putt in a query for Friss in my wrist computer. I come up with two matches. One is the new bounty and the other is the bounty by the law. My eyes widen slightly 50 dinar bounty by the law and 50,000 by a single corporation. I shake my head. You don’t mess with the corporations. I rub my side. You don’t mess with the corporation. Well I got my work cut out for me. I rip the wanted poster off the board and walk out the bar.

My ship speeds through space. It is an old Junker, but it works and that is all I need it to do. It looks like a derelict abandoned space wreck to be more precise. I have used that often to fool my prey into being over confident. I look at my Instruments and nod. I am coming to the coordinates that Friss is supposed to frequent. I perform a LAS (Large Area Scan). I immediately receive a welcome beep. The Maelstrom is close. I turn off my ships engines and let it drift. On my present course I will reach the Maelstrom in 6 hours. My ship will look like a derelict ship that happens to be drifting close by. I will have to do a space walk to get to the Maelstrom, but at least I will have the element of surprise on my side. I review the technical documents that the corporation was supplying. I almost whistle. They provided daily habits, ship schematics, and various dealings. “Friss my lad you have pissed off some seriously powerful people.”

My ship drifts close to the Maelstrom. I leave via the hatch and position my self on my space ship and ready to jump to the maelstrom. I only have a 3 hour window before my ship leaves the maelstrom and I am effectively stranded on the Maelstrom. I deactivate my magnetic boots and, I leap and drift to the Maelstrom. I activate my magnetic boots and walk along the surface of the craft until I reach the engines. The ship’s engines are powered down. According to the schematics there should be a…… There it is a hatch made for maintenance. I pull the hatch open manually and walk inside. As soon as the door is closed the room is pressurized and I take my helmet off. I connect it via a latch at my hip and walk inside the space ship. I walk through the ship like I had something very important to do. I smile. This is a trick I learned from my days as a paper pusher. If you looked like you were important and wore a frown and walked with a purpose people left you alone and assumed you were doing something that they might be pulled in to help with. I ran into scores of people, but they looked away as soon as they saw me. I made it all the way to the captain’s quarters without once being questioned. So much for security.

I knock on the door. It is answered by Friss. “Hello Friss have you met my right fist?” I slug the captain in the temple and he collapses. I walk into the room and search it. I find the captains personal space suit and a room service maglev tray. I eat my fill of the voluptuous spread before I dump the contents onto the ground and cover Friss in his bed linens, with Friss under said linens wearing his space suit. I go through the ship with a pissed look. Everyone who sees me laughs and points and I am the center of attention for the whole ship, but it is exactly what I want. I get stopped many times and I repeat the same thing, “I have to go and had wash his highnesses dirty linens.” Each time I get the same laughing storm then pat on the back with the “He is a prick” line. I reach the hatch and shake my head. “What a ‘loyal’ crew.”

I open the hatch wait for the room to vent its atmosphere and open the hatch. After a quick scan I notice my ship drifting a ways off. I connect Friss to me and jump toward my ship. I almost miss it, but a last minute grab snags the edge of my ship.I pull myself and Friss onto the ship then take a moment for my terror to fade. I can't say that the void of space is best traversed with a space suit, but I came perilously close to that a second ago. I raise myself up and the make my way inside. I tie my captive to the wall and go to the controls. I hit the engines and speed toward the nearest corporate office. I know they will find their captain missing soon, and I didn’t want to be here when they do.
Last edited by omndragon on Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Some things in life can't be taught they must be learned." - unknown

Signiture
Omon
Renkin
Grim
Dorin

Eddy
Baron
Species: Otter
Great Britain

Post by Eddy » Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:01 am

Sophie drifted in the uppermost reaches of Dmitri's atmosphere, the crew gathered round the viewport as they watched the 'yacht' clamp onto the transport ship. "Poor bastards" muttered the female cat who was sitting at the pilot's station. The other crew member, a canine engineer, who was acting as ship's engineer during their transit to the company's station, hissed at the cat to be quiet. She turned round, "t'iant like they can hear us! Skip never said to be quiet." Eddy, met the cat's look and shrugged, "this was your plan, Cassie, if we're detected here, it's your fault."

Luckily, the pirate vessel was showing no signs of noticing them. This had become fairly common routine for him, especially with 'sensitive' cargoes like this. The crates in his hold were unmarked, and he asked no questions, just did the job he was paid to do. Nodding to the ship he sighed, "it's scum like that who prevent folks from making an honest living. If the Feds spent more time on them, the system would be much better off." Although, what the crew of Sophie were doing might not, technically, be legal, he considered it honest work. The ship was earning itself a small reputation as one that always got the job done. Eddy wanted it kept that way.

After what seemed like hours, the larger ship finally began to depart. "John, start heating up the reactor, we're already behind schedule. Cassie, take us out, thrusters only until they get out of weapons range, we don't want to draw their attention." The dog vanished aft, and shortly after that, Eddy heard the hum as the reactor restarted, feeling the subtle vibrations as his ship came back to life. "Let's just drift past as if nothin' happened..."
Nemo me impune lacessit
"Dieu n'est pas pour les gros bataillons, mais pour ceux qui tirent le mieux" - Voltaire
Characters
- Uthred
- Bjor
- Captain S.B. Fleming
- Lukas
- Eddy

JamesG
Inquisitor

Post by JamesG » Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:01 pm

Friss could not remember what had happened for a long time. His head hurt. He moaned, trying to put a paw on his forehead. Had he been drinking? Friss realised he was tangled up in his bed linen, which was not so unusual. However, his bed seemed a lot harder and more like a floor, his back was leant against a wall. Had he really rolled that far off his bed? Friss suddenly remembered the punch, the fur he had not seen on his ship before. He could not remember ever hiring a canine. He only ever hired mustelids on his crew.

He tried to get up, but something caught him around his arm. Eyes opening in alarm, Friss looked up in shock. This was not only not his quarters, it was not even his ship. Looking down, he could see that he had been bound to the hull. The ship was vibrating, the engines were running at their full capacity. It was dark, dingy and horribly uncomfortable for Friss, whom promptly began to shiver in panic. He had very little idea of how he had got here. For a moment, he thought the police might have caught him in some kind of surprise raid. Yet there had been no boarding, and this vessel did not have the sterile, clean and whitewashed walls of a police ship. It took the hybrid a few minutes to think who might want to kidnap him, apart from anyone with which he did business. Surely that corporate bounty had not caught up with him already? Friss gulped, coming to realise the extent of his troubles.

~~~

"Sir, the captain is missing from the ship's internal scanners. There is a junker in the vicinity that's burning at full power away from us. Two life signs on board, one registers as a mustelid. Your orders?" The second officer enquired. Jack the weasel stood on the bridge where Friss normally stood, and grinned, folding his arms.

"Well, we can't just let our captain be taken from under our noses. Acquire firing solution and light them up."

"But sir, we might kill Captain Fontaine?" Jack laughed, the bridge crew joining in. The first officer could not help a wicked grin as he activated the two turrets, each carrying two medium sized rail guns. The pirates would not even bother to pursue the junker, it was so much easier just to get rid of Fontaine. They did not need their captain to be alive to inform the police of their identities or location.

"Engage," Jack ordered. Four bursts of light flashed from the Maelstrom.

~~~

Friss squirmed in his bonds, trying to break free. No such luck, he was firmly held prisoner. The hybrid whimpered to himself, orange eyes flicking nervously from side to side. He was desperately looking for any means of escape. Someone had actually gone to the trouble of putting on his thick, black, flexible space suit and helmet, and then put his blue robe and sash over it again. That disturbed him on a personal level. He did not wish to find out who his kidnapper was, but it seemed an inevitable conclusion.

"Hello?" he called, trying not to let his voice tremble. He could see a shadow moving from the bridge of the ship. He tensed up, realising his captor was about to reveal himself. He could hear a warning bell go off. He wondered what it was supposed to signify.

The Maelstrom's projectiles slammed into the junker, jolting the vessel into an alarming spin. Friss forgot all sense of dignity and promptly began screaming at the top of his lungs. The engines began vibrating very loudly. Friss was roughly slammed against the wall repeatedly, as the craft tried to correct itself.

"Make it stop! Make it stop! Help!" Friss shouted. In his mind, he pictured the ship tearing apart, leaving him floating in space. He was terrified of such a death, the very thought made him bare his clenched teeth in fear.
"You can't just remain a root forever. Eventually you grow and change into other things, like stems and leaves and such. Are a tree's leaves an insult to its roots?" - Sade

"It is easy for a statesman, whether he be in the Cabinet or the Chamber, to blow a blast with the wind of popularity on the trumpet of war, warming himself the while at his own fireside; or to thunder orations from this tribune and then to leave it to the musketeer who is bleeding to death in the snow whether his system win fame and victory or no. There is nothing easier than that; but woe to the statesman who in these days does not look around him for a reason for war which will hold water when the war is over." - Otto von Bismarck

My Characters

omndragon
Duke

Post by omndragon » Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:20 pm

The ship’s electronics were smoking. This is never a good sign, and it isn’t one that I thought I would see today. I jerked on the wheel and furiously toggled switches and pressed buttons. I managed to bring my craft out of its wild uncontrolled spin. I look at my readouts and wince. My engines were badly damaged, my expensive fuel was leaking out into space, and my valuable oxygen was venting into space. A quick scan revealed that the projectiles had been purposefully aimed at my engines to destroy my ship. I glance at my “passenger” and smile. “You have got your self one “Loyal” crew.” I look at my instrumentation and sigh. “I don’t think we will make it on my planned route. Your crew has badly crippled my ship and I don’t think they are going to leave it at that.” I reach for my communication panel then stop. Who am I going to communicate too? Would the pirates who were currently shooting me stop to help? I laugh despite myself. I type in a query into my navigation computer and search for nearby habitable planets or moons. The list was immense. A casual glance at my interments told me that my craft wouldn’t last five more minutes. Nothing was close enough. I racked my brains furiously on trying to think of ways to live. My eyes snapped open and I quickly type in terraforming operations. The moon of the nearby gas giant (Benthas) had a moon undergoing terraforming. There would be close to breathable air and a place with communication equipment. This wasn’t going to be pleasant, but at least it was a good plan for survival.

I type the coordinates of the moon into my NAV computer. I blink when I see the planned route. “Wonderful, I have to go the way I came. Right now I am traveling away from salvation.” Another projectile made my ship shudder. More flashing read lights inform me that my ship has sustained more damage. I pause and calmly reach into my coat pocket and grab my cigarette case. I open it and select a cigarette and light it up. After taking in a deep breath, I grab the wheel and wrench it to the side. I turn to my captive. “Can’t head into hell without a smoke.” My ship does a gut wrenching 180 degree turn. I gun what’s left of my engines to their limit. It is a miracle that my ship hasn’t exploded, but I need to make it to the planet before I run out of fuel and become dead in the water. Because if I stop moving those pirates will stop my movements permanently. I pass within a kilometer of the Maelstrom and quickly pass it by. I smile the bigger the ship is the longer it takes to turn. I have bought myself a few precious moments to attempt to land on the moon. I see it appear on my scope and I plot what I hope is a survivable course to crash on the moon. As I enter the moons gravitational field my fuel expends. My engines sputter and cough then gives out. The fire that was threatening to explode my ship goes out. All of my electronic equipment is still smoking, but at least now if my ship explodes it will be because of a crash landing and not catastrophic engine failure.

My ship is going to fast. The thin atmosphere of the moon is tearing pieces of my hull from my ship. I pull as hard as I can on my steering wheel to attempt to keep my large piece of scrap metal level. The ground is coming up rather quickly. I push the button for my landing gear on reflex and am astounded when my landing gear responds. I shout back to my catch. “Everything on this rust bucket has been fried, but at least the landing gear still works!” I roar in a half depraved laughter as the last few minutes of stress start to catch up to me. The ship hits the top of a crater. The left wing of the space craft snaps off and the ship itself begins to spin wildly out of control. “Brace for impact!” I remember a large crash, my bounty crying like a baby, the snap of my seat belt, and then nothing more.

I wake up sore all over. I am hanging from my seat. My seatbelt is cutting into my abdomen and shoulder. My cigarette miraculously hangs from my lips still lit. I take a deep drag then let it fall to the ground. Turning I see my captive desperately trying to remove his restraints. I exhale the smoke in his general direction and say,” Was it as good for you as it was for me?” At his look I laugh in loud roar. I disengage my seat belt and fall to the ceiling. I look around and whistle. Large gaping holes are in the hull. “So much for fixing you up ehh gal?” I walk to my captive and smile. “It looks as if you weren’t much loved by your former crew. I managed to crash what was left of my vessel onto this moon. This moon is also being teraformed so there should be some communication equipment. “I look at my wrist computer and tap into the local network. “There is a teraforming platform within 9 miles of our present location. If we start now we can reach it before night fall. Sorry to say but if we don’t make it there by nightfall; there is a good chance that we won’t survive. In the crash it looks as if both of our helmets broke.” I pause and consider Friss. “Since freezing to death has become a real possibility I won't drag you behind me. I hate doing this, but I am going to release you from your bonds and let you choose what you are going to do. We need to make it to the platform before sundown or else there is going to be some realistic ice sculptures decorating the surface of this moon.” I smile. “Don’t get the wrong idea. If you follow me, I am still going to turn you in. I need something to recoup my losses somehow from today’s disaster, but I won’t haul your butt at the cost of my life. You have two choices. Follow me and be turned over to CinoFreight or die a miserable cold death. I rummage around and find my tool kit, my riffle, and two pistols. I strap everything on then I raise my pistol and shoot shackles from Friss's writs. “Sorry about that I kind of lost the key.” I turn to a large gap in the hull of my ship and say behind me, “You better make up your mind if you’re coming with me. Dusk is something like three hours away.” I leap out of the ship for the last time and land on the surface of the moon. A cloud of dust billows away from me.

Signiture
Omon
Renkin
Grim
Dorin

JamesG
Inquisitor

Post by JamesG » Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:08 am

"You're insane!" Friss yelled, as the vessel turned 180 degrees, engines burning desperately to change their course. He could see nothing of what was going on outside. The engines then cut out, lending way to silence, amidst the vessel's creaking. Friss could feel the effects of the moon's gravity begin to pull him against the wall as they entered the atmosphere. It was when the crazed fur at the helm started laughing that Friss decided that screaming was a wonderful idea. He bawled his lungs out until it hurt to breathe. The thunderous jolts did nothing for Friss' nerves, he was convinced that his life would end in a pile of burning metal on a deserted moon he had never heard of.

Friss realised the ship had stopped. He was breathing as if he had just run a marathon. The hybrid was hanging at an uncomfortably awkward angle, the ship had not exactly required the landing gear to be working at all. The filthy canine at the front of the ship began his terrible laugh again. Friss groaned miserably. The one upshot of the crash landing was that his captor might have had his head smashed in by the impact. No such luck, thought Friss bitterly. The Feilan explained to Friss their situation. The hybrid flinched as the canine shot away his shackles, causing Friss to drop heavily onto the roof of the wreck. The fur disappeared out of the shattered ship, leaving Friss with a horrible choice.

The Otter/Mink stood up shakily. He could not stop quivering. He wiped his forehead with one black paw. Friss was thinking very hard about his position. On the one hand he was freed from his bonds. His natural instinct told him to bolt as far away from the Feilan as possible. Reason told him that he was being stupid. As he stepped out onto the moon's surface, Friss could see the bounty hunter had been telling the truth. There was no escape, save the terraforming platform, a speck in the distance. A wind blew across the plain, Dmitri looming overhead. Friss' helmet had not survived the crash, so his black-furred head was unprotected. He took in a deep breath, gasping a little at the cold, thin atmosphere. Dejected, he gave up his hopes for escape. He began to trudge after the bounty hunter, wrapping his arms around himself. His robe did not do very much to keep him warm.

Nine miles. Friss could not recall any time in which he had ever walked anywhere half so long as nine miles. In fact, he was fairly confident that no fur could walk nine miles alone. Not without a lot of help. He was already panting for breath and he doubted they had covered one mile. He stumbled up beside the canine.

"Hey! D'you think... we could... have a short break?" he pleaded. Friss noticed in irritation that not only was his robe getting dusty, but the canine did not seem to care. Friss continued, hoping to get some sort of response from the fur.

"And... who are you... anyway? You never... mentioned your name." Friss could not believe how far away the terraforming platform was. "Come on, Feilan! Give me a breather... I'm a bit shaky... since your shoddy floaty landing!" If there was one thing Friss excelled at, it was whining.

My Characters

omndragon
Duke

Post by omndragon » Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:03 am

I turn to look at Friss and growl. "I have walked one mile with you and I have to say you have made it seem like ten. Shut your mouth or my fist will shut it for you." i smile grimly. "You have met my right fist, so I will have to introduce you to my left fist next." I laugh at Friss's look of horror.

"As for taking a break, you can take a break when your dead." My smile widens. "Though I guess the reverse is also true. If you take a break now then you will be dead. We can't take a break until we reach the halfway point,and even then it will be short. " I look at the out of shape Friss and shake my head. "your younger then me. How is it that I am handling this better then you? Shouldn't the younger person be better at this." I'm surprised you didn't have your crew at your throat before now. Such weakness is usually fatal to those who command furs with questionable morals.

The idiot needed some motivation, and it was in the report that Friss Fontaine had two giant sore spots. His parents. "Such a shame too. I looked up your bio. The company provided an excellent background history on you. Your father was quite the pirate. His bounty would have been enough for me to retire on. I guess that saying is wrong. This apple didn't fall far from the tree, it was thrown far away." I pick up the pace and begin to jog.

I hardly had to look back to see Friss at the halfway point, but he looked ready to keel over. I realized that if we stopped now he wouldn't get back up. I shout back. "Indeed you are such a mommas boy; so weak and fragile! Never done an honest days work have you!" If Friss had been in better shape he might have noticed that we were approaching the teraforming platform, but as it stood he was having trouble keeping his head upright.

At the half mile mark Friss collapsed in the dust. I sigh and walk over to him. after a well placed kick to Friss's side. I nod in satisfaction. He is unconscious. No need for him or anyone to notice what I am about to do. I bend down and pick up Friss and carry him the remaining half mile to the platform. The rays of the sun vanish as I reach the hatch leading into the station. As I enter the station I am shivering. I smile. Lucky for me I am an arctic fox. The cold doesn't effect me as much as others. Friss is shivering so violently it is a wonder he is still asleep. The warmth of the stations entrance washes over me like a much needed balm. I throw Friss roughly to the floor. I need to keep an eye on him, and I think we need to have a nice long chat. I wait for him to wake up.

Signiture
Omon
Renkin
Grim
Dorin

JamesG
Inquisitor

Post by JamesG » Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:23 am

"H-Halfway? Oh..." Friss squinted across the moon's dusty surface. Halfway seemed just as bad. It was made worse for Friss by the Feilan's constant taunting. Handling it better? Friss thought he was handling himself superbly, considering he was being marched across a freezing cold desert for miles on end as a captive, soon to be languishing in some unpleasant prison ship, no doubt. Friss hated the idea of incarceration, but life seemed too sweet to simply stop walking and resign himself to death. Friss sulked as he thought of the horrors of life behind bars. Only a few hours ago he had been enjoying every luxury life in space could offer. It was a nasty shock to find himself crawling to this Feilan mongrel. Friss was snapped from his thoughts by the mention of his father.

"D-Daddy?" he murmured, and then growled, storming after the fox. "As if a mangy dog like you could capture my Daddy!" Friss puffed after the bounty hunter, trying vainly to gather enough strength to launch into another tirade. Instead, he just felt dizzy and limp after a while. He was close to sitting down and demanding a rest, when the fox mentioned his mother.

"Y-You miserable, intellectually retarded bloody Feilan! As if any of your kind is stronger than a Dmitrian!" Friss roared, foolishly expending what little air he had in his pain-wracked lungs. "I-I'll have you beaten... when my crew finds us! They're... hand picked... mustelids, true blood of... Dmitri. I'll... show you who... is weak... and fragile..." Friss tottered ungainly after the fox he despised so much. He was becoming more aware of how much he was covered in dust. His beautiful soft fur had a layer of the grey soot on it, and his lungs felt like they were burning. Coughing and wheezing, Friss blearily stared ahead at the fox. The big space pirate collapsed.

Friss awoke quivering uncontrollably. His legs felt jellylike and insubstantial. There was something about the moon's air pressure that had been making Friss feel nauseous. It did not help that Friss needed to constantly gulp down enough air to stay conscious. The moon was far from habitable. He came to realise that he was in the dimly lit, industrially built entrance to the terraforming platform. Behind him was the airlock, and ahead was the automated machinery that kept the platform running smoothly. The station had a few fur supervisors, but most of the operation was carried out by computers. Friss began to try and dust his face off, grey powder settling onto the metallic floor. His eyes were red and puffed from the moon's harsh conditions.

"I wanna go home..." he whinged, mostly to himself. He had decided talking to the bounty hunter would just result in more pain. His orange eyes looking down at himself, Friss sighed. He was sprawled on a hard floor, his robe and space suit all dusty. This nightmare seemed never-ending. For someone whom had lived in temperature-controlled environments all his life, rarely ever setting paw on a planet, Friss' experience outside had been overwhelming. He would not admit he was weak though, at least not to the fox. One thing did occur to Friss; how had he made it from being dead in the moondust, to safe in the station? He looked up at the hunter.

"How did I get here?" he asked, confused. It was totally inconceivable to him that the arctic fox, whom was a good deal shorter and lighter than Friss, could have possibly carried him anywhere at all. Another important thought popped up in Friss' mind. His tongue was dry and his mouth full of dirt. He was severely dehydrated.

"Uh, you reckon there's any water in here?" he asked innocently. He was relying on the hunter being compassionate, or at least practical enough to get his prisoner some water. Friss was being quite hypocritical, since he never showed any similar compassion towards prisoners he had taken as a pirate. However, Friss was far too self-centred to see the irony in his plea for a drink.

My Characters

omndragon
Duke

Post by omndragon » Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:50 am

I look at Friss in something close to a sneer. I raise my wrist computer and open the companies file on the incident that caused Friss's bounty. "Eye witness accounts maintain the captain of the captured ship went to his knees to beg for mercy. He received three holes in the chest for his troubles." I look at Friss and smile an evil smile. Such compassion and caring captain Friss. I think I might follow such lofty ideals." I pause a moment for dramatic effect then reach down and grab my canteen. "Here there might be a mouthful of water left in the canteen." I toss the canteen toward his head. The liquid inside sloshed as he caught it. I purposefully ignore the question of if I carried him to safety. No one needs to know about that.

I walk to a terminal in the wall. I say behind my shoulder. "I don't like for bounties to know my name. I don't care for their friends to find me, but I don't want you to call me you while we are here." I pause then sigh. "My name is Renkin." I reach for my wrist computer and pull the connection wire and plug it into the terminal. I access the more secure files and search the ships data base for a map and for some info. I find a map of this instillation and some general updates about the terrafomation process. "Hmmm this station houses 16 furs. I see there works schedules. Apparently they rotate their time on the different terraforming platforms." I frown. "There are some seriously encrypted files about their work records, but most of them are currently servicing another station. Their are still three here. I look at the work schedule and nod. They are each working in different sections. One is scheduled for security detail, another is scheduled to maintain the bridge, and the last one is doing a monthly maintenance on the engine. I pull up the area of the map that stores the shuttles but, I can't access any information on the shuttles or ships available. I disconnect from the wall.

I turn around rubbing my chin. "I think we are going to have to procure a shuttle. I wouldn't mind trying to contact help, but your crew is much closer then any patrol ship. Any attempt to contact help might just end up killing us." I look at Friss. "Your crew didn't shed any tears for you as they tried to blow the vessel you were on into a thousand pieces. I think they might want to finish the job, so before they get the chance too, I am going to steal a small shuttle and go to the nearest CinoFreight operation then turn you over. I lost my ship, and your bounty isn't enough to get a new one." I sigh in frustration. "I won't solve anything by bitching about it." I turn around and kick the fur in the back. "Get up. If we are going to steal a ship, we need to do it fast. I'm sure they have noticed our presence and will be coming to get us. I am also sure they will object to our taking a ship from them. "

I raise my writs computer and call the map up. I begin to run down the pristine clean passage ways. My trail obvious for anyone to follow with the large amounts of dust marring the cleanliness of the place. The sweat drips from my fur combines with dust and stings my eyes. I need a bath. I'm not some vanity obsessed fur, but having my fur covered in soot and moon dust seems to be my limit. I run to what I think is the shuttle bay and frown. The sleek metallic door has a thumb print lock. "There appears to be a lot of security here for just a simple shuttle bay." I grin. "The thing about fingerprint readers is that furs rarely wipe their prints off the scanner. If you happen to have a powder substance with you......." I clap my hands over the reader and a fine mist of powdery dust flies on the lock. "Which I just happen to have. The dust covers the oil of the last finger print used and you can use a dark cloth." I raise the end of my black coat. "Like so, and then press it to the scanner and bingo." The door chimes and the lock flashes a green color as I put my black coat over the scanner. The door clicks and opens. Inside was a walkway with many small shuttles. The various shuttles were most likely to carry materials between platforms. Their didn't appear to be one capable of flight between planets. I continue to scan the area for a good vessel. "Tell me if you find something that will meet our needs."

Signiture
Omon
Renkin
Grim
Dorin

Eddy
Baron
Great Britain

Post by Eddy » Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:22 pm

Sophie's atmospheric entry, as always was bumpy. The ship moaned and groaned, bits even sometimes fell off, but she had never crashed. Finally, they penetrated the upper atmosphere and the flying became much smoother, the wastelands spread out below them. Eddy had seen countless such worlds, most he reckoned would never reach the stage that the terraformers desired, probably ending up as barren, barely-habitable wastelands were folks would have to scrape out a living. Nevertheless, he always felt a buzz at visiting new worlds. New worlds would often lead to opportunities. "Skip, we're approaching the station..."

The terraforming station was like countless others a rough dome, criss-crossed with atmospheric converters. "This is Terra 3 to transport. Identify." Leaning over, the otter entered the pre-arranged code into the console, "this is Sophie, delivering pressure converters." There was a pause on the comm, Eddy wondered whether pressure converters were actually a component in terraforming stations. "Recieved and confirmed Sophie, it's about time. Hanger is green." After nodding to Cassie he felt the ship lurch slightly as they went in for landing. "Well, let's get this over with..."

Walking down the boarding ramp, Eddy was met by an officer, a cat dressed in a practical grey jumpsuit. He wore his green, military coat, the heavy wool reassuring on his shoulders. Not so much however, as the weight of the pistol that the Officer was eyeing up. Resting a hand on the handle in what he hoped was a casual manner, he looked at the Officer. "I have the items", he motioned a thumb behind him as the Officer nodded. "I will provide payment once I have inspected the goods." Leading the man into his ship's hanger, he nodded to the crew, "free to go you two." With the crew gone, the cat made a big show of inspecting the seals on the crates, before nodding briskly with satisfaction. "Very well. I'll have the drones unload the crates. Follow me and we'll see about payment." Noticing the otter's posture, he smiled, "don't worry friend the company always pays it's due. Your ship will be safe here." That was probably true, most of these platforms were automated it wouldn't be in the cat's advantage to cross him at this point. "Lead on then. I've never seen the inner working of one of these places" Taking one last look at the ship, he frowned, luckily, the transaction shouldn't take long.
Nemo me impune lacessit
"Dieu n'est pas pour les gros bataillons, mais pour ceux qui tirent le mieux" - Voltaire
Characters
- Uthred
- Bjor
- Captain S.B. Fleming
- Lukas
- Eddy

JamesG
Inquisitor

Post by JamesG » Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:59 pm

Friss immediately undid the canteen's lid and gulped down the freezing water. He only half-listened to Renkin's explanation of what was going on. He spluttered as his crew were mentioned.

"Hey! My crew wouldn't..." Friss faltered as he looked at Renkin's face, which seemed to tell him 'Oh yes they would'. Friss gulped.

"I mean... I paid them. We made a good living. Mutiny! What cheek!" Friss thought back to his capture. He thought of the shells that had torn the bounty hunter's ship to shreds. His crew had shot to destroy them, to kill Friss as well as Renkin. That was so unfair! Friss could not believe how quickly his crew had turned on him. They had seemed obediant enough when he was in command!

Friss yelped as he was kicked in the back. He scrambled to his feet, unbalanced and shaky. He jogged after the bounty hunter, seeing no alternative escape from the terraforming platform. A ship off the moon sounded the only way to avoid being caught by the terraforming company. As Renkin told him to look out for anything that might meet their needs, he looked up. A spacecraft gently glided into a free hangar. It's engines rotated to scorch the metal floor as it slowed, and gently landed. An otter in a green coat, presumably the captain, stepped out of the loading ramp. The ground crew inspected the vessel's cargo. The drone robots began unloading the ship as the ship's crew wandered off. Friss grinned.

"Hey. You think that might come in handy?" Friss pointed at the otter's ship. It looked old, but serviceable.

"You want to steal that ship?" Renkin asked skeptically.

"Commandeer. Spacefarer's term. We're going to commandeer that ship," Friss replied, rubbing his paws together. Stealing things was in his element. In truth he thought he would be rather dashing and roguish to steal a whole spaceship by himself. The Feilan would be of no help at all, obviously.

"Now you'll see a Dmitrian master of thievery at work, Renny," Friss quipped, and got roughly cuffed over the head for his trouble. The bounty hunter obviously did not like being addressed as 'Renny'. The hybrid would have to remember that to annoy Renkin later. Quickly, the otter/mink slunk towards the ship, hiding behind crates and inactive robots, checking to make sure the coast was clear.

My Characters

omndragon
Duke

Post by omndragon » Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:38 pm

I smack Friss in the head and pause a moment. "I don't think that is a good......" I turn and find that I am talking to myself. I spy the little thief slinking toward the ship. I almost sigh. He seems to have recovered from his exhausting journey. I raise my wrist computer and perform a 4Didar scan. I see myself, Friss, the otter and several other life forms walking away from the ship. I got a good scan of the interior of the vessel and don't detect any life forms there. I wait for the otter to leave the area then I walk calmly to where Friss is. I walk next to him as he tries to sneak toward the ship. "What are you doing?" I walk calmly toward the ship and pause at the walk way. Friss’s answer goes along the lines of trying to sneak to the ship. I nod my head and listen to his explanation. "You know my 4Didar scan reveals that everyone has already departed from the vessel and has moved further in the installation. There isn't anyone close by. Is it still necessary to sneak around?"

I catch the whiff of an accession that starts with "could have told me you had a portable 4Didar scanner with you." and ends with "Should have told me." I smack Friss on the back of the head. "Speak up or don't speak at all. If you have something to say then say it like a man." He pauses then seems to make up his mind. "If you had a portable 4Didar scanner you should have told me! I wouldn't have had to sneak around otherwise!" He literally sprays me with spit as he yells at me. I calmly wipe the spit from my face then smile. "Now that is talking like a man." I knee Friss directly in the gut. His eyes bulge and his face contorts. "When you talk like a man, be sure to take a kick like a man." I roar in laughter. "Looks like you will need a minute." I laugh as Friss slumps to his knees and takes in deep breaths. After a moment he struggles to his feet and then gives me a sour look. He however keeps his mouth firmly and resolutely shut.

My wrist computer beeps. I look at it and sigh. My 4Didar scan indicates that a couple of people are heading back this way. I begin to tell my bounty about the company but he silences me with his hand and shouts. "SHUT UP!" I smile then nod my head a bit. I scan the area again with my wrist computer and I notice a ship that is definitely not a small shuttle a little further inside the hanger. I walk in the direction of the ship and say behind my shoulder. "I'll be over here if you need me!" I walk slowly until I am out of his sight then I bolt. I think they have discovered us here and the heat sources are the local security detail. I wonder if Friss is as slippery as his file says he is. I come the shuttle in question and whistle. "Dam this is a brand new shuttle. Looks like a custom job." I see a lot of terminals next to where the ship is docked. I power one of them on and am prompted for a password. I look around the terminal and find a piece of paper taped to the bottom of the terminal. I smile. "Well I guess you can count on furs to be furs." Forgetting your password has always been a problem, so some people have this really interesting habit of writing their password down and then sticking the paper near the machine they worked on. I type the prompted pass word and look at the schematics on the terminal. Unfortunately, I don't have time to look at them fully.

I download the schematics and manual to my writs computer. I scan the text looking for how to get into the ship. I find a file that explains how to access the ship. Apparently the techs were fine tuning the ships systems and haven't had the ship locked down yet. I just need to say open and the ship would open. Got to love the convenience. I read the schematics and find the scheduled launch date for the ship is 1 week from now. I check and find the operational procedure to key the ship to a captain. "Interesting." I walk to the ship and walk into the ship. After I consult my wrist computer, I walk to the bridge. I notice the captain’s chair and sit down.

The chair hums and my paw on the armrest is illuminated by a blue light. My paw is scanned and recorded. I feel a slight prick as a small needle paw and collect a DNA sample. A feminine voice says,” Please state your name." I say, "My name is Renkin." "Voice..." A small pause. "Renkin...." another small pause.”Acknowledged. "Welcome aboard captain." I smile. The extensive procedure to key a new captain to the ship is to sit in the captains chair. Glad I could make it here first. I shudder to think what would happen if Friss were made captain. "Ship prepare for lift off." I get up and walk outside and back the way I came. I notice Friss running toward me. I also notice several furs running after him. I do a 180 turn and run to the ships hatch. Friss runs to me and before he can say anything, I slug him in the gut. "Thanks for leading them here." I pick him up by the scruff and say, "Open." The door opens and I throw Friss inside. I walk toward the bridge and say behind me. "Doors lock." A loud click is heard as the doors seal themselves. Underneath my feet the ships engines begin to hum. I walk the curious corridors and wonder at there sterile appearance. I shrug. Apparently the aesthetics haven't been put in yet. I smile I hate vanity and I prefer this vessel as it looks functional. I say to Friss over my shoulder. "Straight ahead and make a right two doors down." I enter the bridge and sit down. "Welcome back captain. The ships engines are at 89 percent. We can leave in 2 minutes." I nod. "Please display how to fly this vessel on my readouts." The voice says, "Ehhhh....... as you wish." My eyebrows rise a bit. "An AI computer. Fancy." I begin to read and smile. "Two minutes is plenty of time to learn how to pilot a brand new space ship.

Signiture
Omon
Renkin
Grim
Dorin

Eddy
Baron
Great Britain

Post by Eddy » Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:39 pm

The transaction didn't take long. It seemed that the client was as keen to get it over with as he was. Within minutes, Eddy was making his way back to the ship, a small metal case in his left paw. It was only Cassie to wait on now, and she was seeing about bartering some fuel from the company. He doubted she's be back yet as he boarded Sophie's nose ramp, which opened into the cavernous cargo bay. Walking to the aft of the bay, a couple of sets of metal stairs allowed him to access the upper deck which housed all the ship's crew areas. Running his hand down the corridor wall, he suddenly depressed a panel, causing it to pop off the wall. After quickly depositing the case and replacing the panel, he heard a sound from the bridge.

Feeling his hackles rise, he drew his pistol and padded slowly towards the bridge. The pistol was a hefty piece, high calibre, it's rotating magazine held only six rounds, but was known for it's accuracy. He'd only need one shot anyway. As he approached the door, he noticed it was ajar. Gently pushing it open, he slid in to spot a tall, musteline creature. Suddenly he realised, he might well have met his first Dmitran. Raising the pistol, he cocked back the hammer, the click audible as he aimed at the stranger's broad back. "Nobody told you mate, you should always seek permission before you board someone else's ship." When the stranger turned, Eddy's face lit with recognition, this was the Pirate who's face, just hours earlier, had been all over the newsreels! "Looks like this is my lucky day! Hands on your head mate. Try anything I shoot. Could only get solid slugs at short notice, I don't fancy seeing your guts on my console." Gesturing towards the door, he indicated that the Dmitrian walk, "the station officials will be happy to see you, pal!"

((I'll let James post his character's actions, if he runs, Eddy'll pursue, maybe firing off a couple of shots! :P))
Nemo me impune lacessit
Characters
- Uthred
- Bjor
- Captain S.B. Fleming
- Lukas
- Eddy

JamesG
Inquisitor

Post by JamesG » Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:06 am

Friss turned, lazily raising his arms above his head. He obediantly walked out the door, trying not to snicker. As soon as he was out of sight of the otter, he bolted. Friss was only just recovering from his exhausting moonwalk, but he urged himself on. He was not going to be captured by another Feilan on the same day. He could not stand that level of humiliation. Besides, Renkin was one fur, whereas this otter had a crew. Friss had no intention of being a prisoner of a fur who would probably beat him to an inch of his life for trying to steal his ship. As he ran, Friss became lightheaded and confused. He was still very tired. The otter/mink was winding his way towards a ship he had not seen before. He could see Renkin at the hatch. Friss leapt for the hatch, aware of his pursuers. However, Renkin saw fit to punch him again, making the pirate retch, trip and tumble across the deck. There he lay, as Renkin walked past him, uncaring.

~~

"Straight ahead... make a right... two doors down?" Friss repeated, groaning. He had precisely no idea where Renkin was directing him. "I'm not a punching bag, you stinking canine!" he retorted pathetically, clutching his middle. Renkin had absolutely no right to treat Friss so roughly.

"This ship better have supplies! Why does it look so bare? I want my breakfast! There's a law about prisoners being provided food!" Friss whined, knowing vaguely that there was some requirement that bounty hunters had to keep their prisoners fed. Friss staggered to his feet. He could feel the ship vibrating, as it prepared for launch. It was more or less soundproof, no noise from the hangar penetrating the thick hull. The airlock was sealed, the ship now ran on its own life support.

Friss sensed there was somebody behind him. He turned. The otter was standing right behind him holding the biggest gun Friss had ever seen pointed in his direction. Before either fur could move or speak, the spaceship initiated its primary burn. Friss, Eddy and anything else not strapped down were hurled down the corridor. The hangar was filled with hot gases, crates and shuttles bursting into flame. An alarm sounded, as the spaceship shot out the hangar. It was a bulky ship, not modular like Dmitrian vessels, but not of any standard Feilan design either. It pitched up, engines throttling down as they past through maximum dynamic pressure. Friss was pressed uncomfortably against a wall, trying to shout incomprehensibly over the roar of the engines. This machine was not built for a quiet, smooth ride, nor was it built as a luxury yacht. The engines were heavy lifters, heaving the craft into orbit in a few minutes. Friss slumped down the wall, gazing at Eddy. A small grin played across his muzzle.

"If you want my bounty, you'll have to deal with the fur in the bridge," he quipped. Hopefully, the two Feilans would end up killing each other. For now, Friss needed to find the galley. He slowly began to tread down the corridor, leaning on the walls for support, his stomach growling.

"You know... I could've stolen this ship too! You just got lucky, Feilan!" Friss called up to the bridge. In truth, his cheeks were burning from embarrassment. He had been foiled stealing some piece of junk cargo hauler, while Renkin had been off stealing the biggest ship on the moon. It hardly sat right with his usual assumption that he could best any Feilan, just by being a Dmitrian. Friss tried to put it down to luck, but the thought would not leave him.

My Characters

Eddy
Baron
Great Britain

Post by Eddy » Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:22 pm

After the shake up of ascent, Eddy manage to get to his feet, feeling the gravity systems kick in. Looking at the Dmitran, he shook the stars from his eyes. Reaching to his right, he soon found the pistol, luckily his opponent seemed to keen on his own voice to worry about him. As the babbling hybrid turned away, Eddy rose to his feet, holding his pistol at hip height. "Sorry mate. You ain't going anywhere. I ain't a bounty hunter, and I have a real big urge to put a bullet in you right now, money or no." Using his spare paw, he dusted down his coat. "Now let's go to the bridge and figure out what's going on here. Be a shame to mess up such a nice clean boat."
Nemo me impune lacessit
Characters
- Uthred
- Bjor
- Captain S.B. Fleming
- Lukas
- Eddy