Welcome to the World of Feila!

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

New to the forum? Get started by reading general information about Feila and the rules of the forum.

Need help? Send a private message to RabidFox. The staff is always willing to assist users with questions and problems. There's also a thread for how to role-play.

Don't be shy. Feel free to start posting when you're ready. We have a friendly community that is more than happy to welcome you and invite you to role-play. And don't worry about all the informational threads! You only need minimal knowledge to role-play. There's no need to do lots of reading.

Role-players wanting to write role-playing posts under five sentences, see the One Liners board.

Check out our announcement forum, The World Court, for important information about what's going on in our community.

Want to chat with other Feilans? Check out our Discord server!

Just Desserts (Dmitri) (Omndragon, Darkkitsune, PM to Join)

This is where all of the Age of Space role-plays are archived.
Eddy
Baron
Species: Otter
Great Britain

Re: Just Desserts (Dmitri) (Omndragon, Darkkitsune, PM to Jo

Post by Eddy » Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:02 pm

It seemed like they were wandering about service corridors for ages, if it wasn't for the small numbered plaques, he douted he'd be able to find his way anywhere. The mouse was leading him, well, at least he had calmed down. Eddy couldn't help but keep looking over his shoulder, surely it was that easy to give the slip to an immortal. Eventually they reached a final hatch which opened into another stretch of promenade. Looking out the viewports, he couldn't help but notice how much emptier the docking rings rings were. Even the rumor of immortals was enough to make many take to the stars. Looking up, he saw the Transgressor, she was indeed a beautiful ship, but she was obvious. Pull in at any dock and you'd draw attention. He didn't fancy a life on the run.

Mind made, up, Eddy made his way into the docking ring. Hopefully there would be someone who could give him passage off this station...
Nemo me impune lacessit
"Dieu n'est pas pour les gros bataillons, mais pour ceux qui tirent le mieux" - Voltaire
Characters
- Uthred
- Bjor
- Captain S.B. Fleming
- Lukas
- Eddy

Sponsor

JamesG
Inquisitor

Post by JamesG » Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:58 pm

"Oh, come on Renny..." Friss gasped as the fox dashed off. They were in some kind of crew-only section of the station. Being an independantly built and run platform, the architecture was not standard to typical government-run stations. The otter/mink glanced behind him. No sign of the weasel yet. He took a few deep breaths and ran. His vision became wholly focused ahead, his ears hearing nothing but the pounding of his paws as he sprinted after Renkin. He passed bright lights, life support piping, electrical equipment and bewildered looking staff members whom had hidden, hearing the commotion above. He passed a sign that read 'Terminal Access'. The corridor widened and Friss was soon dodging hulking robotic cargo lifters. They had run into the loading bay, where ship supplies were transferred to the docked vessels. Friss slowed to a jog, then a meandering walk. He could not see Renkin at all. Friss grinned. He liked it when Renkin was not around. Instead of heading back to the Transgressor, Friss sauntered off towards the cargo hold of a large freighter.

"Going somewhere?" a voice asked, an arm violently pulling the mustelid into a chokehold. Friss wheezed and tried to lash out at his attacker. His fists had no effect. He received a knee in the small of his back for his trouble.

"It's me, idiot." Friss would have laughed if he was not being strangled. Of course it was Renkin. Why else would he take the opportunity to try and hit him?

"What's the big idea, Renny?" Friss gasped, playing innocent.

"You're heading for the wrong ship. Don't tell me you were thinking of escaping?" Renkin asked menacingly.

"Wrong ship? This is our ship, Renny!" Friss coughed, trying both innocent and dumb. Amazingly, it worked.

"Friss, you are one stupid fur. We never docked here. Let's move." Friss was released, causing him to cough loudly as he obediently trailed after Renkin. So close! Friss was not sure precisely how he would have remained undetected as a stowaway on the freighter, but he had a vague plan of what he would do should he be able to escape. The plan mainly revolved arround returning to his mother's station and laying low for a while. Preferably eating pizza with whipped cream and watching trashy films.

~~~

The weasel took a few seconds to rip open the door to the service lift. He jumped down the shaft without hesitation, landing heavily at the bottom. Wrenching open another door with his bare paws, he stalked through the service corridors. He had access to all the floors the lift has visited, as well as security camera footage. Renkin had tried to be clever, the weasel would give him that. Yet not clever enough to destroy the swathe of cameras he had sprinted through with Fontaine. The weasel knew exactly where they had headed and now he wanted a taste of blood. In the loading bay, a large robotic forklift suddenly turned towards the two furs.

"Come on, Captain. You can do better than that. Enough running. Entertain me," the weasel's voice cracked out of the forklift's radio. The forklift revved its engine and shot towards the two. Both Friss and Renkin dived out of the way. The forklift spun around to face them again, nearly overturning itself. It was as if a huge bull were charging them. Friss ran to hide behind stacks of fibreglass supply crates, leaving Renkin to dodge the robot under the weasel's control. Friss glanced behind him. The freighter had shut her airlocks, as had the station. He could only escape the murderous mustelid by going with Renkin. He had to do something.

"Very good, Captain. Your agility is a refreshing change from average, sluggish mortals." The forklift chased after Renkin. The weasel could sense he was about to with this little game. It had been fun whilst it had lasted, but now his prey was cornered. The forklift was about to crush the fox. There was a loud roar of an engine, and a supply truck slammed into the ungainly vehicle. The truck was several tons heavier than the weasel's robot. It was built to transfer huge supply crates to and from freighter ships. The forklift did not stand a chance. It was lifted off its wheels, before rolling over into a twisted hulk of metal. The supply truck's brakes hissed and Friss clambered down shakily from the driver's seat. The fox just stared. The otter/mink grinned cheekily.

"I saw that in a film once. I reckon that's worth something to you!"

"What?"

"Amnesty?"

"No chance."

"Stop hitting me?"

"Nope."

"Bigger room?"

"You're not worth it, Friss."

"Access to galley supplies?"

"Fine! Just... only if you stop talking, Friss." Friss shut his muzzle, but wore a jubilant grin all the way back to the Transgressor. The weasel Immortal rushed into the cargo bay only to see the airlocks seal. They were gone. He screamed in outrage, obliterating a nearby loading robot with his laser. Flame retardent foam sprayed across the loading bay as the flames triggered the sensors. Once his fury was spent, he shakily trod back to the upper levels, to meet the cold, unforgiving stare of his partner in the deserted concourse.

"Inefficient."

"Oh, shut up."
"You can't just remain a root forever. Eventually you grow and change into other things, like stems and leaves and such. Are a tree's leaves an insult to its roots?" - Sade

"It is easy for a statesman, whether he be in the Cabinet or the Chamber, to blow a blast with the wind of popularity on the trumpet of war, warming himself the while at his own fireside; or to thunder orations from this tribune and then to leave it to the musketeer who is bleeding to death in the snow whether his system win fame and victory or no. There is nothing easier than that; but woe to the statesman who in these days does not look around him for a reason for war which will hold water when the war is over." - Otto von Bismarck

My Characters

omndragon
Duke

Post by omndragon » Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:21 pm

Friss wore a cocky grin. I tried to tell myself that it didn't matter who owed who, and at the end of the day it only mattered if you got to your den safe and sound, but there was something about Friss that made such trivial matters hard to ignore. I sensed that this wasn't going to be the last I hear of this. I grit my teeth and continue to run toward the transgressor.

The crew/only section we were on dead ended into a wall of equipment. I power on my wrist computer and sigh. "There is still a ways to go before we reach the ship." I take the door on the left and continue to run. We enter a different concourse from earlier today, but the layout is similar. I look at my wrist computer and nod. "We have to reach the end of this corridor to reach the transgressor. If we can reach the ship we can make it." I begin to sprint as fast as I can. I hear the labored breathing of Friss as he struggles to keep up. I am breathing hard too, but Friss sounds like a female giving birth to kits. I tell him as much and his eyes fluster with indignation and he opens his mouth to speak, and then promptly falls on his face I stop mid stride. Right where my head was going to be a beam of laser fire blows right through the space. I can feel the heat of the beam as it slices inches from my face. I immediately join Friss on the ground and take cover as best as I can behind a trash receptacle.

The cat immortal was standing at the end of the concourse laser pistol in hand. "I find this 'game' has taken to long. If you would kindly stand up and allow me to kill you, I will make sure that you die in a single shot. My 'partner' would delight in dismantling you piece by piece. It is a 'hobby' of his." The cat wrinkles her nose at us. "I find such behavior wasteful. This can be done so much more efficiently. Now surrender or else this will take longer then is necessary."

I am furiously taking in my surroundings and after a quick scan of the terminal I see a stall that is selling WRASS equipment. I point to the stall and say, “When I say go hall ass to that stall." I take off my jacket and sigh. "Sorry about this." I yell. "Go!" I throw my jacket to the right and fling myself to the left. The jacket immediately bursts into flames as the cat uses her laser pistol in an efficient manner. I roll into the stall and Friss does an ungraceful fall then a frantic scramble to get into the stall. I almost laugh. "Did you see that in a movie too?" I toss a gun to him and say, “Keep the crazy chick busy while I make her a present. I pause then with a moments laugh take out a cigarette and begin to smoke a deep draft. "Let’s get this party started." I quickly grab the largest battery that the WRASS stand has to offer and then I pocket a few other items. I use the available wires to make the battery actively cycle a dangerous amount of electricity though the exposed wires.

Friss was shooting the pistol at the cat, but each time she would simply swat the bullets with her bare hands, like they were flies. The bullets would deflect away from her. She wasn't quite natural. She had to be an android or cyborg to be that fast. Friss ducks down as a beam of laser fire cuts the stand right above his head. "Hey Renny she isn't going down. She’s too quick she must be an android or something; she’s swatting the bullets out of the air. I think we are only annoying her." I smile. "You know I am quite sure you are bad luck incarnate. All this crazy stuff happened right after I picked you up." I puff a large puff of smoke into Friss's face." After his coughing fit I say, “Shoot for her head. Keep firing at her while I throw this at her." Friss sputters "What if she dodges it? She can move faster then ether of us." I point my finger at the entrance. "She is standing at the entrance to the docking bay. She knows that we need to go there. Basically she has made it so we have to deal with her before we move on. No matter what she won't move from that spot! It makes sense we have to go there to escape so she won't move because it isn't efficient."

I nod and take a deep drag on my cigarette. "Ready?" Friss nods his head. "Go!" Friss rises and fires at the cat and she stands still and slaps the bullets away. I get up and lob my home made device at the cat. She slaps at it, but the moment it makes contact she is surrounded by a blue nimbus of energy. She screeches in a mixture of a cat yowl and a machines screech. Then she freezes and falls over. She is frozen in the same position as she was in standing up. She looks more like a statue that has fallen down. I grab Friss and relieve him of my weapon then begin to drag him along. "Quickly we don't have allot of time. Her partner will be coming." We quickly exit the concourse.

The fallen statue twitches and a robotic voice says. "System Reboot complete. Fully restarting system in 3.....2......1. System active." The cat immediately stands up and says in the same monotone robotic voice. "Damage to system......2%. Memory loss.....Less then 1%. System diagnostic complete." The cat shakes her head. And says, "I have done this too inefficiently. I wasted time by attempting trying to convince them to give themselves up. I will not be making the same mistake twice." She turns and then darts into the docking bay.
"Some things in life can't be taught they must be learned." - unknown

Signiture
Omon
Renkin
Grim
Dorin

JamesG
Inquisitor

Post by JamesG » Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:17 am

((OOC: Eddy, I am going to assume you still have writer's block. Since you are pretty much exiting the RP here, I might as well continue.))

The airlock clanged shut, echoing through the Transgressor's hull. Silently, the sleek black and red ship detached from the docking pier, her microthrusters pushing her out and away from the station. The Immortals did not care much for grand views of space, the ship had no windows in her hull. The vessel's computer was already aware of the ships next destination; Rourke Station, a space platform that rivalled the Feilan Intra-Solar Stations in size and power. It was also the station that housed the headquarters of CinoFreight, the corporation that was offering a bounty of fifty-thousand Dinars for Friss. This was to be Friss' last stop before a life of prison. The ship smoothly rotated in space, setting her next course. Inside the station, the Immortals watched emotionlessly as the three main engines burned white, growing smaller and smaller.

Friss Fontaine could not care less about the Immortals at that precise moment. Searching desperately through the list of supplies in the galley, he was unable to find anything that resembled whipped cream or ice cream. Disappointed, he settled for a sugary looking cereal packet. He connected the plastic top of the bag of cereal to the milk dispenser and let it run for a few moments. Technology might have allowed for the perception of gravity for him, but food remained inconveniently weightless. Floating bits of milk and cereal would not be pleasant, so the cereal was more like a thick shake than solid matter. Sucking out the sugary goodness through a thick straw, Friss wandered through the ship, delaying going back to his small quarters for as long as possible. He entered a room from the main corridor. It seemed to be some kind of operations room. Hologram readouts lined the walls, and a large table with a holographic projector stood in the middle.

"I knew we had entertainment somewhere. Let's see what we downloaded from the station..." Friss muttered to himself. Pressing a few buttons on the console, a pitiful selection of films came up. Most of the updates were from news networks. Friss selected the latest reports and sat down in one of the metal moulded chairs.

"...and I'm Lawrence Mclean with Intra-Dmitri news, bringing you the latest topics across the moons. In the past 24 hours, officials deny any increase in tensions between the Feilan government and the homeworlds..." Friss leant back and closed his eyes in the dark room, illuminated only by the newscaster and images of Feilan officials looking worried. His body ached from all the running he had been doing today. Friss was contemplating escape again. Perhaps he should have run over Renkin instead? Or shot him when he had the gun? Well, he would certainly have died not long after. Renkin was all that had kept him alive. Still, it bothered Friss that despite being a young, confident space pirate worthy of his father's infamy, he could not bring himself to actively put Renkin in harm's way.

"...In other news, the ship Sal Ad-Din has returned safely to Willis Bree Intra-Solar Station after being reported missing..."

Friss was almost nodding off, not really listening to what was going on. Perhaps he could strike a deal with Renkin? After all, the fox had needed his help before. Yet anything Friss did to try and get Renkin on his side seemed to go unnoticed. Although Friss did realise this might be because he had been saving his own skin as well as his confounding shipmate's. The bounty hunter was depressingly loyal to the cause of justice, Friss thought, as he slurped his meal.

"...In crime this week, the search for the space pirate Friss Fontaine has became the subject of a legal battle..." Friss opened his eyes, staring at the hologram. His heart jumped and he smiled in spite of his sorry situation. Being on the news twice was really quite something. He knew his father had been on every media release back in his day. He was certainly following in Daddy's pawprints.

"...Leaked reports from police sources on DuKang Station reveal Fontaine's mother, Floria Fontaine, died in custody after several days of interrogation. A police watchdog suspects foul play, though the police were unavailable for comment..." The cereal carton floated off. Friss had gone numb, staring at the newscaster as images of his mother appeared, followed by a shot of her flanked by police officers.

"Rewind. Play," Friss whispered. The hologram cycled back and repeated the message. Floria Fontaine was dead. Friss could hardly breathe. His eyes were transfixed by the hologram.

"Mum...?" he whispered. Shock overwhelmed him. At first he could do nothing but stare pitifully at the hologram is if the words might change and his mother would be alive again. Friss had pined and sulked much of the journey, but it was not until now the big space pirate began to really cry. It was not a graceful, silent moment, either. Gulping for air and groaning, Friss' body quaked as he sobbed. Time became irrelevant. He sat for what seemed hours to him. The hologram kept replaying the message.

"...Floria Fontaine, died in custody...Floria Fontaine, died in custody...Floria Fontaine, died in custody..."

"Stop hologram." The hologram went black and Renkin's command. Friss realised that Renkin was standing at the door. He wished the fox would just leave him alone. He tried to control himself, but could not stop sniffing or gasping for air.

"G'way," he mumbled through his tears, trying to tell Renkin to go away. Wiping his face with his paws, his bloodshot eyes did not dare even look at the bounty hunter, instead fixed on the hologram projector.
"You can't just remain a root forever. Eventually you grow and change into other things, like stems and leaves and such. Are a tree's leaves an insult to its roots?" - Sade

"It is easy for a statesman, whether he be in the Cabinet or the Chamber, to blow a blast with the wind of popularity on the trumpet of war, warming himself the while at his own fireside; or to thunder orations from this tribune and then to leave it to the musketeer who is bleeding to death in the snow whether his system win fame and victory or no. There is nothing easier than that; but woe to the statesman who in these days does not look around him for a reason for war which will hold water when the war is over." - Otto von Bismarck

My Characters

Eddy
Baron
Species: Otter
Great Britain

Post by Eddy » Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:45 pm

((Yep, no worries, was gonna suggest that too you.))
Nemo me impune lacessit
"Dieu n'est pas pour les gros bataillons, mais pour ceux qui tirent le mieux" - Voltaire
Characters
- Uthred
- Bjor
- Captain S.B. Fleming
- Lukas
- Eddy

omndragon
Duke

Post by omndragon » Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:11 pm

I walked into the room and I saw the remains of Friss's meal floating abandoned in mid air. I was about to say something about it being a waste to let food float in the air, but the holographic display was still flickering with the last news broadcast. I watched the news broadcast for a while and I didn't say anything. After a few repetitions of the broadcast I halted the hologram. I looked at Friss and nod. "Delete news program." The computer makes an acknowledgement. "Program deleted." Friss screams out in rage and anger and launches himself at me. I have to visibly force myself to remain inactive as the otter/minks give me a decent left hook. The pain in my muzzle is only momentary before the area numbs. I stand still as Friss punches me in the face, stomach, and chest. After a few moments his furry of blows begin to lose their power and his blows become more like light taps. Eventually he stops then crumples to the floor in gasping breaths. "Why did they kill my mom? I was already dead! They had no reason to kill her!" His screams of anguish twist at my heart as I stand motionless. Friss losses coherency after shouting this and starts to bawl like a depressed little kit. I stand still and remain silent. Eventually the crying stops and Friss collapse in an exhausted sleep. I sigh then whisper, "Quite an unlucky little bastard aren't you." I bend over then deactivate Friss's clothing then lift the little guy in the air and gently drag him to his room. I set him onto his bed then reactivate his clothes and cover him in his sheets.

I leave and walk to the captain’s chair then sigh. I look at the A.I and say, "hey sweet checks can you give me all the information available about Floria Fontaine?" For once the computer just nods and the information is piled on the screen. "Ummmm...... Captain may I ask why you didn't pound Friss into ground meat?" I pause my reading and look at the A.I. In surprise. "He needed to get that out of his system. He will probably be moppy and depressed, but it won't be as bad as it was earlier." Trans shakes her holographic head. "No I don't mean that. I mean why would you care in the first place? He is your bounty why would you care how he feels?" I am momentary shocked. Do I care if he is feeling well? The question had made me suppressed. I begin to scratch my chin then wince as I touch my bruised muzzle. "Say what you want about Friss, but his first left hook was a good one." I continue to look at the data and, I note where Friss's mother died. "I know an officer from that station. He owes me a favor. It looks like I am going to cash it in. Place a call to officer Gintz at that station." Trans nods and says, "Attempting to establish connection.......processing..........processing...........connection established." The face of a honey badger appears on the screen. He looks shocked and smiles "Well if it isn't my ole buddy Renkin. How’s life treating you?" I nod and smile. "As you can see it isn't ............. pleasant. I want to cash in that favor you owe me." The badger sighs then says, "You know I don't have any pull anymore. I am going to retire soon. I won't be much help." I nod "What I need is some information not a parking ticket cleared up. I need the file on Flora Fontaine." The badger seems shocked then seems like he is about to say no, but then he sighs then nods. "I owe you allot for what you did for me. I can lose my pension if someone finds out about this. After this I don't owe you anything. My debt is paid. I am transferring everything that I can get my hands on and I am sending you the file of the person that is suspected of being involved, but Renkin be careful this case was closed. Someone high up on the chain of command has stepped in. I don't know what exactly is going on, but it reeks of a cover-up. Be careful. Powerful people must be involved in this." Trans says, "Transfer complete." I nod to the badger. "Thanks I know it is a risk giving this to me, but I need it. Thanks." The badger nods.” Your welcome, but I hope you don't end up on the news hologram. Later Renkin." The badger disconnects.

I sigh and look at the display on the board. Display the contents of the transmission. The mountain of paper works displays and I begin to sift through it. The more I read the more my teeth are bared. I keep reading until I get to the file of the person that is suspected of the crime. I sigh. "Friss you really are one unlucky bastard. Trans lock this file. I don't want anyone else to see this." I place my paw in the blue light and Trans confirms the file is secure. "Are you going to tell Friss?" I look at the computer and I say in a high pitched voice, "Why would I tell that pipsqueak anything. I am going to turn him over to the corporation soon. I am going to have a great payday. I laugh and chuckle. In fact I am going to dream about what I am going to buy with all the money he is going to bring me." I jump up and walk to the captains quarters. Trans has a holograph station here so she can update me about the ships systems. She glares at me and I shift on my feet and jump into bed. "Wake me up in eight hours or if we get close to the station. Which ever comes close?" I roll over and close my eyes. If I didn't know any better I would think Trans was a real women because the glare she was giving my back was drilling a hole in my back."
"Some things in life can't be taught they must be learned." - unknown

Signiture
Omon
Renkin
Grim
Dorin