Welcome to the World of Feila!

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

New to the forum? Get started by reading general information about Feila and the rules of the forum.

Need help? Send a private message to RabidFox. The staff is always willing to assist users with questions and problems. There's also a thread for how to role-play.

Don't be shy. Feel free to start posting when you're ready. We have a friendly community that is more than happy to welcome you and invite you to role-play. And don't worry about all the informational threads! You only need minimal knowledge to role-play. There's no need to do lots of reading.

Role-players wanting to write role-playing posts under five sentences, see the One Liners board.

Check out our announcement forum, The World Court, for important information about what's going on in our community.

Want to chat with other Feilans? Check out our Discord server!

A backdrop of Stars (closed. racken, asry, oz and me only)

This is where all of the Age of Space role-plays are archived.
Asyriel
God
United States of America

Re: A backdrop of Stars (closed. racken, asry, oz and me onl

Post by Asyriel » Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:29 pm

Sakura nodded "personally, I know there are things science can't explain yet, though I'm looking forward to seeing what they come up with for an explanation." she replied before the personnel officer came out. She frowned as the weasel gave her a cold look. uh-oh she thought to herself as he spoke. She shrugged when she heard where her lodging would be. "I guess it's as good a place as any...better than having to run the life support systems on the ship" she commented "I'll be working with the engineers while I am here." she added, then changed the subject. "My partner will be needing a room too, preferably close to mine please." She requested, since the officer hadn't mentioned any lodging arrangements for App, and she hadn't had the chance to explain App's acceptance of the job to Baxter yet. "Do you have a way to contact your boss from here?" she whispered to Kuril "just in case...you know" she jerked her muzzle slightly in the direction of the weasel.

Sponsor

Catalina Tamiko
King
Species: Feline-Tiger/Panther

Post by Catalina Tamiko » Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:07 pm

((Note to other players. Provided there is no activity in this thread in the next 48 hours I will terminate it in favor of something else with specific players.))
With power comes responsibility. With responsibility comes duty. With duty comes honor. With honor comes shame......

There is no purpose in denying that you know nothing in the grand scheme of things. In an effort to prove otherwise, you would simply go mad.

To gaze at the Elder Scroll is to look into both the past, and the future, all possibilities of each, all at the same time, and believe that each, even the false ones, are all true, all at the same time.

My Cast of critters. (INCOMPLETE) viewtopic.php?f=14&t=6514

osprey77
Marquis
Species: Black Cat/Raven

Post by osprey77 » Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:22 pm

<I’m torn. Honestly, this is my only active thread currently, and I want to stay active, but I can’t really think of much for app to do at his point.>
"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."
C. S. Lewis

"With the possible exception of the equator, everything begins somewhere."
C. S. Lewis

"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"
C. S. Lewis

All my Characters:
http://twilightus.net/feila/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5253

Catalina Tamiko
King

Post by Catalina Tamiko » Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:08 pm

Catalina took a deep breath. As she opened her eyes they glowed. "These amulets were crafted from common materials. They can be labeled and named the same as any other normal element. Gold, silver, precious stones all dug from the earth of Feila. As you can see they are very large in size, making them extraordinarily rare, even in this age." She took off her own, and held it out to him. "Each one is created with a purpose. It allows cubi like myself to live among your kind without having to hunt for souls and flesh nightly. It gives us a means of literally drain the life and soul from a mortal and store it away. Something we could not do before."

She looked at it in her paw, the headwings and horns sliding out as she spoke. "Each cubi must master his own amulet and power. The process for making them is volatile, and dangerous in the safest conditions. After that it gets bad. We must keep a steady supply of souls coming in. This is our means of feeding and retaining our cover. Each time I use magic, it consumes some or all of a soul. The more greedy and vile the soul, the better it produces dark magic. And each of us has a unique ability our amulets grants us. My own gives me the ability to influence the minds of were-creatures, as well as become one myself. What you saw in the docking bay was a very controlled and calm irritation. If I had been angry, I would have killed you all, harvested your souls and blood and then just for fun raised your corpses to serve me." She put her amulet back on, and picked up the crystal she had laid before him. With only one paw, she had to use her thumb claw to do this.

She dug it in, the thing seemed to squeal as she herself winced in pain. Then she held it up for him to see, "Ever see blood from a stone?" The thing had a small hole in it. There were cracks, and one could see what looked like veins in the crystal fragment. And it was actually dripping blood. "This is a piece of my armor. Its a living, breathing thing, attached to me. It's incredibly strong, flexible, and can think on it's own. But it follows my every command. It is linked to my amulet. Which is linked to me. If I should die, I would need to name my successor. Or the amulet would pick it's own. Those of weak mind, it would ignore. It would grant them no power, nor impart knowledge. To a weak minded fool it would be like a big, expensive necklace. However, with no heir, if a strong willed person of strong mind came. The amulet would test them. If he passes the test....he would become the new wearer. And have full access to all my knowledge and power. Including my immortality, provided he continued to harvest souls. In a sense the new wearer would be come a cubi. Mind you they can only become a full cubi by being sired......But would at least enough cubi they could do the things you have seen me do."

She looked to him then, pouring herself another glass of whiskey. "I don't take pleasure in killing. Even in defense of myself. All I ever wanted was a country cottage, with my husband and son. My daughter and her husband to visit with their child, and to make love to my husband every night under the stars. You see how that worked for me...." Her eyes actually seemed to dim, as small tears formed. She seemed to see something in her glass he could not. "I loved them.....I bled for them. I would have died in their place if I could. But time and change are the only constants. My daughter was murdered, her husband grew withdrawn. My own husband died after his life was spent. I will not reveal where the children are, for they are safe and I will keep them safe. Even from myself."

The door to the bar opened and a guard walked in. He had been looking for Baxter. He had NOT been expecting Catalina to be there. His gun came up as the Succubus turned toward him. He fired, and she jerked. She hit the floor, and didn't move. "I..I got her..I got ERK!" His voice was cut off as Catalina was just there. She picked him up by the throat and pulled him inside the door. She used her wing to knock his gun out of his paw and then crushed it under her bare foot. Then she sat him on a bar stool and glared into his eyes. Slowly he expression softened as her paw relaxed, "Shhhhhh....nothing here. no bad demons. NO nightmares......shhhhhhh" The guard's face slowly relaxed as she began to stroke his cheek. Then a stupid goofy smile appeared on his face. His tail began to wag happily as he actually started to drool.

Catalina returned to behind the bar, using the control pad to seal the door. Having long ago built in a simple override system separate from the station's main and back up controls. "Now then....where were we? Oh yes....the Amulets and my armor. The armor is made of a substance you have no name for in your language. In our language it has 45 syllables and about 200 letters. Not that you could pronounce or understand it if I wrote it down. I understand you feel I am condescending.....well you are right. I have grown to hate little people like you. Pen pushers can do more damage than someone with a nuke. So until such a time as you give me an actual reason to trust you.....I'm going to treat you like a child and really don't care what authority you have. As I said before....I can kill you in a heartbeat, you don't scare me, and I know I frighten you on some level. You can keep your face as stone cold as you want, but you can't hide scents. You are nervous, on some level. Unsettled because someone with the clout to brush you off actually has the power to end your existence and you have never met that possibility before. You're used to being the scary one.... Welcome to my Nightmare little man." She turned to the guard. "What was it that you wanted dear?" He turned on his bar stool, reached into a vest pocket, and pulled out a small data pad. He set it on the counter, "This was supposed to come to him....casualty reports." Catalina picked it up and looked it over. "I'm losing my touch.....tsk." she set it before Baxter with a gentle motion and returned to her drink, "Go ahead and go hun." she motioned to the guard. He stood and wandered off dumbly.
With power comes responsibility. With responsibility comes duty. With duty comes honor. With honor comes shame......

There is no purpose in denying that you know nothing in the grand scheme of things. In an effort to prove otherwise, you would simply go mad.

To gaze at the Elder Scroll is to look into both the past, and the future, all possibilities of each, all at the same time, and believe that each, even the false ones, are all true, all at the same time.

Rackenhammer
Spanish Scion
Species: Ferx

Post by Rackenhammer » Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:49 am

The Weasel, whose nameplate read 'Colonel Rayburn,' had his expression sour even further, if indeed such a thing could be imagined. He'd moved from lemons to unripe persimmons, in fact. "Ah, yes, your 'partner'..." Even he didn't know what exactly he was trying to imply, but like most bigots, he was not picky in the vices he attributed to Dmitrians. "He'll be in the same room, it's got two beds. Incidentally, why did you leave him alone on this station?"

Kuril could detect something dangerous in the colonel's tone, and hastened to paper over any breached. "Oh, he's not alone, sir, we left him with Dr. Lawn. Apollo is actually going to be his new assistant-"

"WHAT!?" Apparently, that was the wrong thing to say. "Who gave him authorization to do that? A Dmitrian in the medical bay? He'll probably filch the drugs." He pushed an intercom button on the desk in front of him calling up the medical bay. "Paging Doctor Lawn?"

Back down in the medical bay, Doctor Lawn heard the voice over the intercom, and sighed. "Just a moment." He said to Apollo as he went to answer the call. "Yes? Are there more patients coming down?"

"Oh, maybe." The weasel's voice grew sweetly sarcastic. "I was actually calling about the new assistant you seem to have taken on. Can you just tell me what could have given you the impression that a Dmitrian was acceptable?"

"Two things, actually: Many patients, and few helpers." The doctor, it had to be said, was equally sardonic. "Of course, if you want to come down and help me sponge off bodily fluids, you're more than welcome."

"Hmph. Well, keep an eye on him, anyway."

The feline doctor sighed as the intercom cut off, before turning to Apollo. "I'm sorry about that. Colonel Rayburn has not had a good digestion since he came here, and his attitude hasn't helped anything. It's a vicious cycle, really. Well, I'll give you a pager in case we get another influx of patients; other than that, you're free to go to your room now."

~

Baxter rubbed his chin as Catalina finally gave him the information he'd been wanting from her. Now that he'd gotten some cooperation from the tigress, he was willing to let go of aggravation for now. "Hm, the actual gems can be made in a lab synthetically; diamonds have enough industrial uses to bring economy of scale to bear. Not that I suppose the thief could or needed to make another if he'd got the ones stolen." He tapped the bar with his claws, trying to sort out the relevant information to this case. "So, you say the amulets choose their own masters, from among the strong-minded?" He thought about the crew he'd assembled aboard his ship, and the care he'd taken to cultivate the 'best and brightest.' The logical conclusion began to worry him. "How exactly does that... testing work, and what does it look like from the outside?"

They were interrupted by the guard then, but fortunately Catalina was apparently no longer irritated. The white cat glanced over the battle reports, mostly ignoring the contempt the cubi put upon him. "I don't suppose," he said after a while, "That most furs ever really want more than what you did; but for them to have it, a special caste of other furs must act as guardians, and use whatever means they have. Anything more powerful than a nuke would be obviously an asset." If there was anything in Baxter that was remotely redeemable, it was his sense of duty, however cold and abstract.
Be Humble in Yourself, but Adamant in the Truth.

Rackenhammer's RP Experience "blog"

e-mail: [email protected]

All my characters in their insane length

Asyriel
God
United States of America

Post by Asyriel » Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:06 pm

"seriously?" Sakura replied as Colonel Rayburn informed her that she would be sharing a room with Apollo. She didn't mind sharing a room with her young partner, but found the fact that a Feilan would insist that young male and female that were not romantically involved share a room just a little absurd. "So, don't ask you about your love life, that's an affront, but you'll make an unrelated, non romantically involved male and female share a room?" She shook her head. "I will never understand feilans" she muttered quietly to herself as she looked to find that the old weasel probably hadn't even heard her as he was speaking on the intercom. She turned to Kuril "is it just me?" she asked. As she started heading out of the office, and away from the weasel. It had quickly become obvious to Sakura that trying to talk to the weasel would likely be about as effective as talking to a wall....maybe less so. She started off toward the room that had been assigned to her and App, figuring that Apollo would probably still be in the med bay for a while. "So Kuril. How's life been treating you?" she asked as they walked to keep up conversation.

Catalina Tamiko
King

Post by Catalina Tamiko » Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:12 am

Catalina sighed, "Synthetics...why do you people believe everything of power comes from a lab. No, the stones and materials HAVE to come from the ground. Manufactured materials are only partly from the planet. For the process of making these to work they have to be pure and natural. Trust me, if it's made in a lab it will have less than 10% effective capacity and duration. Plus overloading it would blow it up, killing everyone around it."

She reached to refill her glass, but paused. Looking at the feline she narrowed her eyes. "You think you could control one? Fat chance. Firstly, the test takes place in the person's mind. They have to withstand it's full power there. They have to figure out it's name, it's element, and it's purpose. Second test, is physical. Your have to FIGHT with the guardian contained in each amulet and they get to set the rules. SO you have no idea what kind of weapons and armor you might get, or what kind of battle it might be. Third test is summoning the armor. To bring it out, you have to beat the first two tests and ask for the guardian's help." She smiled as she filled her glass. "Weak minded fools wont even notice anything. If someone that was strong willed but did not know what it was happened across it, it would probably ignore them as well."

Smiling to herself as she sipped her glass, "I know all about each one....after all I created every single one of them. There are two currently that I don't know anything about. One I made as a special request for a king. It is now in the paws of his lover, though I went through great lengths to ensure she could conceal the amulet. The second amulet is on my son's neck. And he is safely out of reach. so the only ones to be accounted for are the ones that are in the box with your friend in your ship. Then again, I don't think all of them are the real deal. If they were....he would be totally mad by now.....when was the last time you heard from him? It's been...what almost 10 hours since I started killing everyone in my path. So....Assuming you have had the package open that long, then Tellissa only knows just what has happened to him. He's probably a quivering wreck....Might wanna get me in there to save him if you value your ship and his life..." she purred darkly at him, almost relishing in the fact she happened to have already found out. Catalina had her own means of finding things out. And the guard had happened to overhear what had gone on between Baxter and his friend earlier. That was there in his head when she broke in and calmed him down by magic. "Would be a shame for him to be painting the walls with his own blood....." she added, just for spite.

Derigo was listening in, though not by choice. Cat had opened the channel to his ship through her own ear piece. the equine looked up, wondering just why cat was letting him hear it. Unless she wanted him to steal the jewelry. Nothing new there, a jewel heist was old news for him. He had done a few in his day, but small time. Little bits here and there. Nothing like this. A diplomatic ship usually ran unarmed, and docking with it was hard. He could just blow the hatch and collect the debris.

But then he got an idea. There was one way his ship differed from all others it's own size. He had a set of arms he could deploy. Arms with millions of ton's of force resistance, and the capability of grabbing and holding things like another ship. Each arm had two weapons, so he could effectively fight a small war against the diplomatic ship.

Rackenhammer
Spanish Scion

Post by Rackenhammer » Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:22 am

Kuril, like most fundamentally kindly furs, had that trait which is often mistaken for kindness, but which is more of a kind of cowardice: the dislike of a 'scene.' He could see one develop right in front of him, and he was quite eager to steer Sakura clear of Rayburn's office. It took a few minutes before the dragoness could be gotten out of the office, and the dog breathed a sigh of relief once the act was accomplished.

"Well, I do have to say, life's been treating me better than it has him." He chuckled as they made their way back through the station. "When this is all over, we can leave. He's stuck here-" A slight shudder rolled through the station, very slight, barely worth remarking until you realized that several thousand tons of metal just moved sideways. "What was that?"

~***~

Baxter gave Catalina an owlish gaze through his spectacles when she derided the idea of him controlling one of the amulets. "That is not what I was asking. What would such a test look like from the outside?" Inwardly, he brought his mind back to Kruger, and his odd wearing of one of the pendants. If what this tigress was saying was true...

The station went through its shudder then, and unlike Kruger, Baxter knew exactly what it was. It was what happened when a ship's engines kicked into sudden overdrive too close to the docking bay. The white cat didn't need three guesses to tell which ship it was. Nevertheless, his face was not disturbed one iota, and he only said, with the esquisite understatement of an Edwinian officer, "It was rather discourteous of you not to tell us that helpful bit of information ten hours ago. We would have avoided so much unpleasantness."

The Auditor first tried punching the ship up on his communicator. As expected, no success. Next call was to Kuril. "I'm having to pursue our contraband; you will have to head up the on-board investigation with the Dmitrians. Find our mole." He clicked off, face still unmoved. Still, he hesitated just a bit before asking Catalina. "I don't suppose that I could request the use of your ship for pursuit."

Asyriel
God
United States of America

Post by Asyriel » Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:19 pm

Sakura shook her head "I'd say he deserves to be stuck here if that's the way he treats everyone." she muttered, Rayburn's attitude still didn't sit well with her. "I mean sure, our nations aren't exactly friends, but damn....it's not like I'm the one that tried to start a war" she muttered. The station's movement had surprised her. "not an impact....there weren't any alarms" She started running through possibilities in her mind. "Departure, it the best thing I can think of...unless they fired thrusters without warning."

Sakura couldn't help but listen in when Kuril got a call from Baxter. "sounds like he's going to be getting some more excitement." It was apparent that her ship wasn't going to be used for pursuit so she continued toward her and App's room. Once they made it to the room, she turned to Kuril. "So....a mole huh. Any ideas how we're going to reveal that one?" She asked curiously as she entered the room, leaving the door open for Kuril to follow.

She wasn't sure if Apollo was still working in the med bay, but she wanted to let him know where their room was, so she sent him a quick message with directions in it, and apologetically letting him know that they would be sharing a room for the time being while they were on the station.

Catalina Tamiko
King

Post by Catalina Tamiko » Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:28 pm

Catalina had went to speak when the station shifted, then she snatched Baxter up, "WHICH AMULET DID HE PUT ON?! WHAT COLOR WAS IT?!" it was not anger, it was terror in her voice. and the fire in her eyes had changed. Catalina the protector was back. "Never mind....it doesn't matter. He'll be out of sight soon enough. And that all depends....Derigo is the captain. I can order him to do it. But that would be about the same as you telling a child it didn't fit your idea of ideal and that it had to die. We can ask, and plead. But if he says no...that's final. That ship is his, and it is all he has left in this universe. You just respect that." She turned to the wall and moved to it. tapping over a panel, she opened the panel over the window. "That your ship....heading away now?" she asked. "Not all of those amulets were the real ones. Probably one one of them was. If they HAD been the real ones their power would have made all of them and mine glow bright as the sun. and I would be sitting on the ashes of Feila at this moment, laughing at finally leveling the score with your bosses.....fools. Did they orchestrate this? tying up a loose end? Finally grew a pair and sent someone to deal with the old batty cat in the backwaters of space.....do all those medals mean nothing? what of my family? did they mean nothing either? Pawns....all of us we were....."

She reached up and tapped her ear, "Derigo...I know you are listening baby. Do me a favor....tag that ship. light up the engine pods. I want it to be slowed down as much as you can, understood?" There was a bit of static in her ear piece, but she nodded, "Alright Alright. you'll get paid. I'll see to it. I promise, a fortune. A king's ransom and then some. You can retire then, to some far off island where no one is there but a private harem for your enjoyment and service. All of them stark naked if you want. Just shoot the damn ship."

At that moment just overhead, the small cannons opened up. Most of it was small fire. Just scorching the hull of the diplomatic ship. "Ok..Hold up. That should be enough to get our point across. And he'll have to dock somewhere to fix that. You punched a few holes in the hull. He won't get too terribly far. maybe a half a day at max speed before those left engines crap out on him."

She moved back to the bar, grabbing her booze and tilting the bottle back. "Come on. we can walk and talk at the same time. Where did you put my weapons, and can you get me into the armory? If he managed to survive the process, he's either controlling the amulet, and weilding considerable power, or it fried his brain and is using his body as a meat puppet." her tone was more happy now. "NOt that it matters, a quick jump, get me close I can dissapperate myself on board, cut him apart, take the thing back, get the others and then me and those amulets are gonna go home to Inferno where I should have gone the day the war was over. Blasted mortal fools, Amadeas was right. You people are children."

She seemed to sober up as she walked, and kept drinking. "I'm going to need several things. Oh, here open my quarters....never mind. I can do it." She killed the door in and stepped over it. "Ah! here we are." ripping the mattress apart she picked up a small metal case from the remains. "Ok, now keep walking and talking....ummmm yes! I remember, My stuff. I want my gun, my knife, and I will need a cybernetic replacement arm. the ones rated for extreme combat and I will need to make a pit stop at Derigo's place in the asteroid cluster. He has some of my toys. Yes illegal toys, but guess what, this is my area of expertise.

Rackenhammer
Spanish Scion

Post by Rackenhammer » Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:19 pm

Under normal circumstances, Baxter would by no means have respected Derigo's refusal, if he had given one. One captain's sentimentalism meant literally nothing in the face of immanent danger to the whole of Feilan space. Still, normally he would not have been compelled to take pursuit himself. He kept silent to maintain Catalina's cooperation, but inwardly he formulated contingency plans. *If Derigo refuses, I may have to switch Sakura in for me; she can at least pilot that ship of hers, since it might prove fast enough. Also, in the event of refusal, I will inform Gilgamesh that Derigo... requires his attention.* And that was being merciful, in that it allowed the unicorn to escape to New Hoshiruki. Refusing the assistance of an Auditor was grounds for Summary Execution.

Outwardly, he only straightened his clothes after Catalina put him down. "As I recall, the color was red." He raced alongside her to the airlock, all the while trying to raise the ship on the communicator. Not even his Auditor Seal was able to break the blackout, though, which was disturbing because the only thing that could prevent that was a total hardware shutdown of all the comm systems, which specifically could not happen unless he himself was onboard and had triggered the sequence with his seal and DNA. Not even the amulet's power should allow that kind of override.

With a grim expression, he authorized the opening of the evidence locker, allowing Catalina to retrieve her belongings. A possibility was beginning to take root in his mind, and he voiced it in a question. "How do the amulets interact with artificial intelligence?"

~

Kuril frowned. The whole situation was not good; if what Baxter reported was correct, he was the only member of the Auditor's team to be left aboard the station. "I... honestly don't have too much experience in that. The boss was usually the one to do mole-hunting, usually by hunting them through the figures and balance sheets. He found his first major spy by tracing a discrepancy of .05 credits." He slowed his pace thoughtfully. "It's a bit different for me; I'm a people fur. I look for social clues, but this place is chock-full of them, which is worse than being empty of clues. Too many red herrings. I could find a reason to suspect anyone of being suspicious, including Doctor Lawn. He's a little too sane for a place like this, and that says everything you need to know about Von Drake Station."

Asyriel
God
United States of America

Post by Asyriel » Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:09 pm

Sakura rubbed a claw along her bottom jaw for a moment as she thought. "well, maybe we can look at it like troubleshooting an unknown system. Start by getting a full picture of the machine, then look at how each component fits into the machine, then look at possible failure points of the individual component." She shrugged, furs were far from her strong suit, she hadn't had much socialization when she was growing up, and was still figuring some social points out. "I honestly don't know, this is not something I've ever tried before." She muttered as she looked at the floor, and shook her head which brought her hair around to hide her face. She looked back up at Kuril after a moment, and gave a small smile. "I just don't know where to start. maybe App will have an idea or two when he gets done in the med bay." She said as she sat down heavily on a bunk. "This place is definitely far from normal for either of our cultures." She commented with a soft chuckle.

Catalina Tamiko
King

Post by Catalina Tamiko » Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:13 am

Catalina armed herself with anything that fit on her cloths. small pistols, knives, grenades, and then when she was done she started for the docking bay. Derigo was already in the process of docking his ship as Catalina tapped her ear piece. "Derigo, the little white feline is coming with us.... No I'm not letting the guards on. Yea we have to chase that ship. No don't worry, you'll get paid. How much? a quarter billion credits? I don't know, maybe. he's an Auditor. yea he can override most of the stuff on their ships. yea. yea. No yours is shielded. It's not open broadcast, the communications system is just that. it's not hooked to the main computer. no, he can't take control of your ship. No i dont think he poses much of a threat.....well physically speaking you could break his arms with ease, so how does that stack him against me? *sigh* alright I'll ask."

She stopped at the docking bay blast doors. "You want on, he has two conditions. he wants to be paid for this, and you surrender your weapons, all of them. Including the toothpick. You do that, I'll tell you everything you wanna know about the amulets. including how they interact with computer systems and how the tests work for each amulet. Now, the toys." she motioned at his blade. Derigo was no fool. he was standing at the door to his ship, thermal detonator in hand. The guards kept back, well aware of what would happen if that thing went off. The unicorn didn't threaten them, just held it up to show he would use it.

Inside the cockpit, he had already set up extra stations for operators. The cockpit was designed so one person could handle the whole ship, but could work with five people at the control stations. It was intended so that to access the controls, the registered owner had to unlock them. By the time anyone actually cracked through the security, the ship itself would be locked down from other parts. Derigo had already isolated his living quarters as well as the armory and the engineering compartment. No one in or out. The Auditor might be able to work Feilan tech with his controls, but the equine knew that the tech in his ship was more than just Feilan, it was dmitrian, and a bit of something else Cat never told him what.

The woman was thinking, the red amulet. That used to be her uncle's amulet. How he had made one, she had no idea. He was long just dust and bones. Being hurled through time was just one thing that really ate up your energy. She remembered how she found the amulet. back when she was with Vaughan on Feila. They had been visiting a museum, and there it was, plain as day. It had shaken her, because it was still actively seeking a host. But from behind the bulletproof glass of the case, it could do little. Catalina sensed it calling out for her uncle. crying his name in the darkness. But the man was long dead. They had made sure of that....oh they had indeed. She took vaughan on a little trip, and from there they had found where the amulet came from. A tomb, a small tomb. So shallow and pathetic. How fall the mighty, she had said. then, to be sure he could never come back she destroyed his skull. smashed it into a million pieces and scattered them in the ocean. They sealed the tomb, and sank it in the earth, a mile down where it would forever sit.

His amulet....him. The mad king. She wondered if it was the amulet that drove him mad, or the power he had through it. Either way....one good thing had come of that trip.....She smiled to herself as one name came to mind. Peter. Her son. He was born on that trip. Running for their lives put her in early labor. Premature, and threatened from the moment he drew breath, Cat unleashed a force no demon or angel could handle. A pissed off mother feline. The look on Vaughan's face had been priceless too. Less than five minutes after giving birth she was up and fighting harder than before she was pregnant. Oh, peter.... she thought. He had been such a tiny thing then. And as she thought about her beloved baby boy, her face softened. Her eyes glowed brightly, pulsing with the happiness of those times.