Welcome to the World of Feila!

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

New to the forum? Get started by reading general information about Feila and the rules of the forum.

Need help? Send a private message to RabidFox. The staff is always willing to assist users with questions and problems. There's also a thread for how to role-play.

Don't be shy. Feel free to start posting when you're ready. We have a friendly community that is more than happy to welcome you and invite you to role-play. And don't worry about all the informational threads! You only need minimal knowledge to role-play. There's no need to do lots of reading.

Role-players wanting to write role-playing posts under five sentences, see the One Liners board.

Check out our announcement forum, The World Court, for important information about what's going on in our community.

Want to chat with other Feilans? Check out our Discord server!

Sand...

A reasonably powerful nation, ruled by the Reptile. The current system of government is Absolute Monarchy, with a monarch controlling the power. It has the largest Army in Feila, but not the most well-trained. It consists of the Kahunian Army. It geographically is connected to Maze, and is a small country. Similar to Earth's medieval Arabia.
Maxwell
Outlaw
United States of America

Re: Sand...

Post by Maxwell » Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:25 pm

The dragon loomed onto the ship. He was bigger than Maxwell realized, nearly three meters high. His dark green scales glistened under a thick linen coat, the negative colors warping the look. His massive tail swaggered back and forth as he walked towards him.
"Take one more step, and you lose your head."
Maxwell wasn't even sure his sword could penetrate the dragon's scales. He moved in front of Jessica. He didn't know if she was able to defend herself in melee combat, but he didn't want to take the chance.
"I wasn't one to expect you to defend your friend," The dragon spoke, "You didn't seem to know her."
Maxwell was caught off guard by this comment. True, he had only recently met her, but she seemed capable. Besides, as good of a fighter Maxwell was, he didn't know how to handle this situation. He'd fought bigger things, faster things, and probably smarter things, yet this dragon worried him. Maxwell looked around, noticing Daichi's tail moving.
"We haven't had proper introductions," The dragon began, "My name i-"
"I don't care." Maxwell said with hostility. He was already sick of this dragons shenanigans.

The fox's stand-off nature made the dragon even more excited. The fire, the anger, it's fantastic. He took a look around, noticing the bloody footprints leading to the fox. He followed them with his sky blue eyes, leading him to the grisly seen of dead bodies. Did... He do that? Impressive.
"Tis a shame I must fight you. You'd do very well on my crew. I'll throw a deal to you. If I beat you, I take the ship, and you join my crew. If I lose-"
"Shut up already." Maxwell said calmly, hiding the worry in his voice, as he quickly threw a slash with his sword, glancing off the dragon's arm.
The fight began. Maxwell went to throw another slash, but his hand was caught by the dragon. He quickly bashed his shield against the dragon, stumbling him. As he regained his composure, the dragon grabbed Maxwell by the throat. He violently punched his stomach and threw him against the mast of the ship. Maxwell lost his breath. Damn, he hits hard.
I really enjoy realistic sword fighting.

Character Sheet: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=7592&p=136853#p136853

Sponsor

Asyriel
God
United States of America

Post by Asyriel » Sat Mar 04, 2017 2:19 pm

While the dragon was occupied, Daichi had entered as semi-meditative state while he prepared himself to enter combat with the dragon. In this state, he dipped into his magic to enhance his abilities, speed, strength, endurance, and reflexes.

Jessica looked at Maxwell, she was a little surprised, and very grateful that he had come to her defense. She was desperately trying to think of something that would slow down a dragon. She could think of one thing that would surely take him out of a fight, but she wasn't sure she would have enough time to enact it. She moved away from the dragon and Maxwell while they 'talked' so she could at least attempt.

She knelt down and started drawing a new circle on the deck. This one was much larger, and more complex. She also was using a special sort of chalk she had pulled from her bag to draw it. As she worked, Maxwell attacked the dragon, and a few moments later, flew past her to collide with the ship's mast. "shit." She cursed as she grabbed hold of her figurine again.

When Maxwell attacked the dragon, Daichi used the distraction to maneuver himself behind said dragon. As the dragon tossed Maxwell, Daichi had reconnected the ends of his staff, and was at that moment, swinging it at the dragon's knees with enough force to shatter the trunk of a tree.

Jessica noticed that now Daichi was on the offensive, and immediately went back to work, feverishly scrawling runes and lines onto the deck of the ship.

Maxwell
Outlaw
United States of America

Post by Maxwell » Sat Mar 04, 2017 6:33 pm

The dragon was completely caught by surprise when the staff crashed into his leg. He fell to one knee, his scales cracking with the staff, and his muscles bruising. His bone remained intact however, allowing him to quickly move into a safer position away from both the third attacker and the fox.
"Well, now. Three against one seems unfair, wouldn't you say?" he laughed. His voice was only somewhat deep, unfitting for a warrior his size. He reached back and felt his leg, feeling his chipped scales. He limped around the opposite side of the deck, noticing some pain, but relishing it.

Maxwell coughed, still dazed from the hit. Anymore force would have knocked him out cold. He wobbled to his feet, shaking his head. He was in rough shape, hardly able to stand.
"Give me... a moment..." Maxwell asked his companions.

The dragon, smiling at the three, began to plan. I haven't had this much fun in years! Despite his enjoyment, he knew these three presented a threat. Not to him, per say, but to his crew. He would deal with them in an efficient manner.

"Wait, dragon." Maxwell spoke, "What was your name? I'd like to know so I can remember this fight." Truth was, he didn't give a damn if he remember this day or not. He just was trying to buy time for Jessica and Daichi.

The dragon knew exactly what the fox was doing. However, he felt obliged to tell him, as he was certain the fox would be his.
"My name is Maximilian Lucafell. I know what you are doing, fox. Buying time will not save your crew."

Maxwell stood up, hardly recovered, but confident. He wasn't sure what the other two had planned, but nonetheless, he walked towards Lucafell. He stood in fight stance, holding his sword behind his head with his shield out front. He banked on the idea that his compatriots would support him.

Asyriel
God
United States of America

Post by Asyriel » Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:43 am

Daichi wished he could be surprised that the dragon shrugged off his attack, although he was a little disappointed with the results. The dragon quipped about it being an unfair fight, though in Daichi's mind, fair went out the window when the lives of others were at stake. He didn't bother to respond to anything the dragon had to say. He chose, instead, to unlock one end of his staff so that it dangled by it's length of chain again and check to see that Maxwell was still able to fight.

Jessica, meanwhile, continued to work with her chalk on the deck. She continued working as fast as she could to finish the circle. "I need more time guys." She said in urgent pleading tones.

Daichi wasn't normally one to hesitate, and doubly so when in a heightened state like his current condition; It was taxing to maintain. However, he could tell that Maxwell was trying to stall for time. He waited long enough for the dragon to give his name before he moved with unnatural speed toward the dragon, hoping to catch him off guard again. this time though, he swung the free hanging end of his staff from below, aiming for the dragon's chin.

Maxwell
Outlaw
United States of America

Post by Maxwell » Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:03 pm

When Daichi swung his staff, Lucafell moved to dodge. As soon as he did, however, a powerful force knocked Lucafell backwards. His feet stayed on the ground, but he was dazed.
The explosion came from a fire bomb Maxwell had placed on Lucafell while they were earlier engaged in that short brawl. Before Maxwell had been hit, he'd quickly placed a fire bomb inside a small pouch on Lucafell's linen coat. The bomb did little damage to him directly, but did cause a powerful concussive force.
"I noticed time hadn't completely stopped when the sails of the ship slowly moved," Maxwell said, dropping his shield and grabbing his sword by the blade, "and with that knowledge, it led me to believe that the actual detonation of a bomb would take a bit of time."
Maxwell took a swing at Lucafell's chest, hitting it with the guard of the sword. The padded linen coat did little to soften the blow. Lucafell's scales chipped and cracked. Maxwell came in with another swing Lucafell's face, glancing off a bit, but still delivering enough force to knock him back.
"I detonated the bomb in my hand, then placed it in your pocket."
Maxwell still breathed heavy, and was surprised when the dragon caught his third swing with his hand.
"You have a strong mind. Courageous and confident. Intelligent. But everyone has a breaking point. I will find yours and make you mine," Lucafell said, pushing the swing back. His wings began to unfold, cracking as if they hadn't used in years. Lucafell flew into the sky,
"What the hell do you want with me?!" Maxwell yelled. He looked at Daichi, who was confident and cool headed as ever. "Seriously, what does he want with me?"

As the dragon flew, circling the boat, time began to flow normally. The three's positioning placed them in a difficult spot to defend.

Asyriel
God
United States of America

Post by Asyriel » Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:57 am

Daichi dove out of the way when the concussion hit Lucafell, though he was almost immediately ready to fight again. The more he saw this dragon absorb damage, the more worried he got that they weren't going to beat him through physical attacks. He looked at Jessica, who continued to work.

Maxwell's question drew Daichi's attention back. It took him a brief moment to process that the question had been directed at him. He had plenty of theories on the subject, but the middle of a fight was not the ideal time to talk philosophy so he simply shrugged his shoulders. "Try to keep him busy. I will protect the little summoner." He told Maxwell as everybody else on the ship started moving again.

Daichi moved over close to Jessica, and she ignored him for the most part. She only paused long enough to mutter. "I'm almost finished." As she sketched out a few more runes. She then ran over to a single specific rune, knelt down, and drew a knife from under her skirt. "And now to finish it, and pray to anything and everything that this works." She said as she slit the pad of one of her left thumb. She waited for a fairly large bead of blood to gather on it before she pressed the thumb to the circle she had completed.

As soon as she pressed her thumb into the chalk, the circle began to glow a lurid red. The glow started where she held her thumb down, and spread till the entire thing glowed. She looked up at the circling dragon, and waved. "Bye, Bye." She said as a tremendous magical force began to tear the dragon out of their reality.

Maxwell
Outlaw
United States of America

Post by Maxwell » Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:03 pm

Conner looked around, noticing Jessica, Maxwell and Daichi had moved from just a second ago. He shook his head, saying, "I'm getting to old for this kind of shit." He looked up and saw the dragon circling about. From the looks of it, even Maxwell was a bit nervous, signaling that this would be one tough foe.
Scarla had just recovered from her punch when she noticed the group moved in the blink of an eye. "What? Uh," She stammered, startled. The deck looked a bit different, and a large crack had appeared on the mast of the ship.
Lucafell circled, observing the action continuing below. If I can pick those three off, one by one, it'll make our job a whole lot eas-
At that moment, the tear began to happen. Lucafell wasn't sure exactly what it was, but he knew one thing: He had to get out of the sky, and fast. He reached in his still intact satchel, revealing a blue orb. He held his breath, and threw the orb down at the deck of his own ship, just as the tear began to close. The orb flew through the air for a few painful seconds. The tear had nearly closed when the orb hit the ground. It flash in a brilliant, but small, blue light, swapping places with Lucafell.
When Maxwell had seen the dragon appear on the deck of the other ship after he had just scene him devoured by a rift in space, he became frustrated.
"I am sick and tired of this dragon's bullshit." Maxwell grabbed his talisman, holding close to his forehead. Then, as if a thunderstorm had developed in his hand, Maxwell threw a lightning spear at the opposing ship, then again and again, causing great explosions on the enemy ship. Despite the damage it appeared to cause, it's blows were hardly lethal, disorienting sailors more than hurting them. It was odd to see such a merciless killer wield such a benevolent weapon.
Lucafell was disappointed with his lack of ability to capture such a small vessel. With a heavy heart, he yelled,"Sailors, return to the deck. We are leaving." He looked back at the three that had bested him holding them in respect. He stared directly at the fox. We will meet again, and you won't escape. He walked away from the railing when it occurred to him that he hadn't found what he'd been hired to look for. The black fox is going to be disappointed.

Asyriel
God
United States of America

Post by Asyriel » Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:35 pm

Daichi continued to stay near Jessica, ready to defend her if any of the crew got close, though they seemed to have gotten smart enough to stay away from them, seeming to be waiting for their boss to take out the biggest threats.

"Oh you have got to be freaking kidding me!" Jessica yelled as the dragon somehow escaped her spell. "Just freaking great, now he's just going to show up again later!" She couldn't even do anything about it either. As her spell reached completion, the circle had gone black, and was unusable. She had also used enough magic that she was feeling tired nearly to the point of exhaustion, so she was relieved when the enemy crew retreated. In her relief, she let out a long sigh, and slumped down to her knees on the deck of the ship, and leaned forward, resting her head on the deck as well.

Daichi released a sigh as well when their enemies were gone. He released the techniques he had been using to enhance himself for battle. "That was...a little confusing." He commented before sitting down to catch a few moments rest. "At least we're still mostly intact...I think."

Maxwell
Outlaw
United States of America

Post by Maxwell » Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:13 pm

Skall and his crew stared at the other ship, as the boarding party fell back. The boarding planks were dropped, and within moments, the other ship had started moving away, sinking into the ocean as quickly as it had surfaced.
"I wonder why they fell back?" Scarla pondered.
"We were probably more than they bargained for," Maxwell responded. He walked around the ship, observing the damages.
The ship was in ruins, the sails had mostly been destroyed, the hull had multiple breaches, most of Skall's crew were either wounded or dead, and Skall himself had an arrow in his shoulder.
Maxwell continued to look around until he noticed Conner looking funny.
"You alright?" he asked, with a bit of concerned.
Conner looked down. Blood pooled in his hands. He fell to his knees. He'd been stabbed by an enemy crew member, not realizing it until now. Maxwell rushed over to him, followed by Scarla. Shit. he thought. Maxwell caught him before he fell on his face.
"Conner. Stay awake," Maxwell said. Damn, the blade went all the way through. It looks like it punctured a lung. May have nicked his heart.
Scarla dropped her sword. She rushed over to where he bleed and held Conner's hand, holding back tears. "No, stay with us. You're not gonna die!" She began to clench his hand tighter.
Skall ran over. "Dammit, I can't fix tis wound. Conner! Stay with us!"
Conner began to think, It doesn't hurt as much as I thought it would. He coughed up a large amount of blood. He fell on his side, his blood pooling on the ship's deck. He looked up seeing Scarla. His hand rose, reaching to touch her face. With his final breath, he spoke to Maxwell. "Please, take care of her..." Then, darkness consumed him, and he became cold.
"No, no no no no! Don't leave me! I don't know who to trust, you can't leave me, not yet, dammit!" Scarla, tears flowing down her face, continued this for a long time.
Maxwell scoffed at the fool's request. I hardly know her. I hardly knew you. He began to walk away, until something struck him. It was something inside of him. As much as he wanted to abandon the girl, he couldn't. It was a trait passed down from his family. An undying bond of honor from long ago that had yet to shrivel. His family's honor. Inherited honor. He looked over his shoulder at the corpse, nodding.

Asyriel
God
United States of America

Post by Asyriel » Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:38 pm

Connor's injuries were far beyond Daichi's abilities to heal, and Jessica was far to exhausted to be of any use. They could only watch with hopelessness as the scene of Connor's last moments played out before them.

When it was over, and Scarla grieved, Jessica couldn't bear to watch anymore so instead sought out Skall. She moved slowly, and her walk was much more weaving than it had been before. She kept her words quiet, so Scarla couldn't hear, and wouldn't think her insensitive to the feline's situation. "I can get us moving again, but it's going to take me a couple days to rest and prepare." She told the captain quietly. She didn't want to stay where they were, but she had exhausted herself in the fight with the dragon, and needed to recuperate, at least as much as she could while still battling sea sickness.

Daichi crouched down next to the weeping Scarla, and put his hand on her shoulder. He wasn't sure what he had to say would be helpful, but felt he should try. "While loss is difficult, and we feel the empty space the departed leave in our lives, we must also remember to celebrate the ways they enriched them." He said quietly, but not without sympathy.

Maxwell
Outlaw
United States of America

Post by Maxwell » Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:42 am

Maxwell walked to the stairs leading up to the bridge of the ship. He sat down, hiding whatever bit of sadness in him with annoyance. "Why'd you have to die? Now I have to take care of this..." He didn't feel like finishing the sentence. True, he hadn't known Conner for long, but he seemed like a decent man, even he could see that. He sighed, sick of playing tough guy, and rested his head on his palm, looking out at the bright night sky.
Skall took off his tricorn, a welling sadness eating at him. He acknowledged Jessica's statement, "Aye, it would be best to keep moving." His accent was less noticeable when he spoke quiet. Conner was a good friend of his. They knew each other well, and this crushed. He regained his posture. I have to lead this ship. he thought to himself. He swallowed his feelings back, and shouted orders to his crew.
Scarla wept over Conner's body. She barely noticed Daichi touching her, yet she did hear what he said. She looked up at him with watery eyes. "I... I can't... no... this isn't supposed to happen! This cant happen!" she shouted. She leaned back onto the body, coddling it as if it were still inhabited.

Asyriel
God
United States of America

Post by Asyriel » Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:15 am

Jessica sighed heavily as she watched how everyone else had reacted to Connor's death. It wasn't that it didn't make her sad, as much as any needless death would, but she had only known him a very brief time. Still, he had been an upstanding person. She nodded as she watched Skall work to the point of getting his crew back in order, then headed over to where Maxwell sat. "So, considering what that scaly rat bastard said, we may want to come up with something for when he comes back." She said quietly, referring to the the dragon that had led the attack on their ship.

Daichi was still unsure what he could do to help. Scarla was, after all, going through the natural grieving process and would work her way past the denial eventually. Instead, he just sat down next to her, and put his arm across her shoulders. He figured that if nothing else, he could act as a solid presence while she grieved.

Maxwell
Outlaw
United States of America

Post by Maxwell » Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:28 pm

Maxwell looked up at Jessica and nodded. "Hopefully, once we make land, we won't have to see him again," he said. He paused for a moment, then stood up. "We should dump the bodies. The birds will make us easy to spot in the morning." He glanced at Conner's corpse, sighed, and looked back at Jessica. "Get some rest. Can't defend yourself exhausted." He looked back at Scarla over the corpse, "I'll see if I can help Skall with repairs."
Scarla's worst crying had finally ceased into a slow sobbing. Daichi's closeness did help sooth her, and she began thinking in the back of her mind. I'll... I'll kill him. I'll kill that dragon. I'll make him pay. She wasn't fully aware that these thoughts crossed her mind. She looked down at Conner, his eyes closed. If it weren't for the blood, he'd look as if he were just sleeping. "He's just sleeping," she sobbed out, quietly. He's just sleeping.

Asyriel
God
United States of America

Post by Asyriel » Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:37 pm

Jessica couldn't stop the helpless laugh that escaped her. "I wouldn't bet on that myself." She replied. "Not even with someone else's money." she emphasized. She simply nodded when Maxwell suggested that the bodies be dumped. She knew she be more in the way of that job than anything. She wasn't strong to begin with, and add on top of that her exhaustion, she'd be lucky to lift her own arms, let alone a body. She nodded again when it was suggested that she get some rest. She just hoped her exhaustion would keep the sea sickness at bay long enough for her to actually get some rest. She slowly made her way to her feet, and wobbled her way down into the hold in search of her cabin.

"There now." Daichi said quietly as Scarla's crying finally slowed. "You should get some sleep of your own." He suggested to the feline, again searching for some sort of comforting words that would not delude the girl, unfortunately, at the moment he could find none. He instead quietly attempted to escort her down to the cabins where she could get some rest.

Maxwell
Outlaw
United States of America

Post by Maxwell » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:20 pm

Maxwell gave a small sigh at Jessica's remark about the dragon. He didn't wish to fight the dragon again, but, if it came down to it, he would kill him. He walked away, reaching Skall.
"What can I help with?" he said to Skall
Skall was a bit surprised at Maxwell's offer to help, but nodded. "Go get the dead, and throw 'em overboard. After that, help move some of this debris."
Maxwell nodded and began moving bodies. The smell they began to put off didn't upset him at all. He was used to the stench by now.

Scarla gave up holding on to Conner's body. She walked along with Daichi, staring at the wooden boards. She was still in a state of disbelief. She hadn't seen him in months and the one day they finally do meet ends up being his last. They reach an empty cabin and Scarla walked in, oblivious to Daichi's comforting. Tears had begun to subside, but nothing would ever be the same again.