Welcome to the World of Feila!

New to the forum? Get started by reading general information about Feila and the rules of the forum.

Need help? Send a private message to RabidFox. The staff is always willing to assist users with questions and problems. There's also a thread for how to role-play.

Don't be shy. Feel free to start posting when you're ready. We have a friendly community that is more than happy to welcome you and invite you to role-play. And don't worry about all the informational threads! You only need minimal knowledge to role-play. There's no need to do lots of reading.

Role-players wanting to write role-playing posts under five sentences, see the One Liners board.

Check out our announcement forum, The World Court, for important information about what's going on in our community.

Want to chat with other Feilans? Check out our Discord server!

Where Did All the Familiar Navigation Go?

NEW USERS START HERE: All rules and official announcements are posted here, as well as general information about the role-playing setting.
RabidFox
The Great Fox
Great Britain

Where Did All the Familiar Navigation Go?

Post by RabidFox » Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:21 am

I need to take the time to explain to everyone the new, navigational layout of the forum. Such as: Where is the New Posts link and how do I find the User Control Panel?

At the top of the forum, on every page, is a new link called "Quick Links". It will take you to the following...

Your Posts
Unread Posts
Unanswered Posts
Active Topics
Search
Members
The Team

At the top of the forum, on every page, is a new link attached to your username. It shows a small version of your avatar and has your username as a link with an arrow next to it. It will take you to the following...

User Control Panel
Logout

At the bottom of every page is a new link called "Contact Us". You can use this link to send an e-mail directly to me, RabidFox, where I can personally assist you through e-mail.

At the bottom of every page is a new link called "The Team". This will list off all of the administrators and moderators.

At the bottom of every page is a new link called "Members". This is where our member list is now located.

At the bottom of every page is a new link called "Delete all board cookies". This, like the name suggests, deletes all of the board cookies from your browser.

If you are looking to mark all forums as read, this link is still in the same place at the top of the index. Above the "General" section, on the far right, is a link that is called "Mark forums as read". This eliminates all of the "yellow", that is all of the yellow highlighted icons that indicate when people have made new posts in a section of the forum.

Any questions, comments, or concerns may be posted here. Feel free to let us know if you have any problems. During this hectic new period of getting used to a new navigational system, you may find yourself needing additional help exploring the forum layout.

ATTENTION TO ADMINISTRATORS AND MODERATORS

At the top of the forum, on every page, are two new links called "ACP" and "MCP". The ACP will take you to the Administrator Control Panel and the MCP will take you to the Moderator Control Panel.

Sponsor

RabidFox
The Great Fox
Great Britain

Re: Where Did All the Familiar Navigation Go?

Post by RabidFox » Sun Feb 08, 2015 10:31 am

Remember to check out this thread to learn about the new navigational layout of the forum.

RavenFire487
God
Species: Canine

Post by RavenFire487 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:31 am

Just out of curiosity, does this new layout not come with an option to switch to the normal format if you're on mobile?

RabidFox
The Great Fox
Great Britain

Post by RabidFox » Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:17 pm

I think there is supposed to be a mobile version of the forum. As far as a "normal format" goes, the new phpBB3 version uses the current format that you see on the forum.

I will have to ask Styx, our host, about it. I think he knows how to access the mobile version if there is one. I will get back to you on that.

RavenFire487
God

Post by RavenFire487 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:50 am

No I'm on the mobile version currently. But I prefer the standard version. I remember the older layout gave a button to switch from mobile to standard. I was hoping we could get that for the new set-up too.

RabidFox
The Great Fox
Great Britain

Post by RabidFox » Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:03 pm

Oh, I see what you're talking about. I never used the mobile version, so I didn't really know. I had seen the link, but that's it. I will ask him about putting that on the forum somewhere. Can you tell me how to access the mobile version? I don't know how without seeing the link.

RavenFire487
God

Post by RavenFire487 » Fri Feb 13, 2015 8:18 am

I end up on the mobile version just by getting onto the site using my phone.

RabidFox
The Great Fox
Great Britain

Post by RabidFox » Fri Feb 13, 2015 9:53 am

I have contacted Styx, our host, and asked him about placing a link on the forum for what you requested. I will let you know what his response is once he replies.