Not sure whether I can use this character as he is.

Lost and have questions? Want to offer suggestions on how we can improve the forum or have feedback in general? Wish to provide helpful information on educational topics such as medieval life? Post all that here. Also, if you notice any technical problems with the forum, please report them here.
arctobear
Cub
Cub

Not sure whether I can use this character as he is.

Post by arctobear »

Hi. I'm a newbie both to this board and to the furry fandom, although I have done a little RP previously. I've just recently created my fursona, who is basically an anthro teddy bear who was lost from his human and is now trying to learn how to survive in the real world. I'm a little nervous, now, because this board is mostly set in the medieval time period. I'm not sure whether this character will work or if I should tweak his backstory and have him be a regular bear. What do you guys think? Or would you recommend I come up with another character?
Love sees with the heart, not the eyes.

Sponsor

RasHeart
Marquis
Marquis
Species: Jackrabbit

Re: Not sure whether I can use this character as he is.

Post by RasHeart »

Lost from his human? Sounds like slavery to me. Anyway, there could be a couple changes made to this character, but it's perfectly fine. Mentioning the idea of slavery, it would be cool if we had an escaped slave in the boards.

Welcome to the boards, though!

Asyriel
God
God

Post by Asyriel »

being that humans don't exist in Feila, you may want to change that part as well...

arctobear
Cub
Cub

Post by arctobear »

He's not a slave, he was her teddy bear. He didn't become anthro until after he was lost, and he wasn't lost deliberately. Think Lotso Bear from Toy Story, except Arcto hasn't become a bitter old straightie. Would an anthro child in Feila have a plushie, BTW? Maybe in the modern world? BTW, he's based on my favorite teddy bear.

Asyriel
God
God

Post by Asyriel »

they likely might...so is this teddy bear going to move around and interact with the furs of the world around it?

RasHeart
Marquis
Marquis
Species: Jackrabbit

Post by RasHeart »

I was only making a suggestion. Sheesh. Also, I suppose it would work, just that I don't think many RPs would be open to someone of this type of character. Shall I give you an excrept of the RPs we do here?

The usual type is one of action.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"Not yet." replied Jack, looking for something. "We have to work out where sh- there!" he said, pointing at someone shooting up into the air, colliding with the VegaStar and somehow tunneling through. Jack tapped something on the side of his head. "Erellan, this is Jack, I don't know if you remember me, but get the hell out of that ship, You've been boarded!" he said. "We need a plan before we just charge in."

The Dark Iron Soldier grunted when Sakura leaned on him, obviously unhappy at the motion. He stepped back, moving just far enough for her to be able to fall over from his sudden lack of being there.

The figure punctured the hull of the VegaStar, and climbed onto the first, lower deck. The figure was cloaked, but obviously female by the way she walked. She drew a pair of P90's, and began shooting at anyone in sight. Erellan took the message, and froze. His mind flashed memories of a time long ago, distant memories of fighting, the clashing of steel. It was his older life, one before he died, and was resurrected.

He spoke, this time, with his old accent. "Och, we need t' get out of th's ship! Bail, everyone, bail!" His old self was coming back at an alarming rate.

Despite his android body, he felt the flow of mana rush through his body. He was back.
The cloaked figure ran in front of him, from a hall on the left. Erellan cast his signature rune, White Fire. The familiar heat of the magic felt good in his hand. He put his outstretched arm in front of him, spewing napalm all over the floor.
Meanwhile, on the ground, Brien was getting weary, his ammo was exhausted, and he resorted to using his machete, hacking away at oncoming footsoldiers.

Peter spotted a mink, and a wounded quetzal. it appeared they were on his side. "Jack, see that white mink, and that quetzal? They look like they're on our side. Maybe we should help them."
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

This is only a tidbit of what an RP would usually look like. I stress usually, because I could be wrong

arctobear
Cub
Cub

Post by arctobear »

Oh yes, he definitely would be able to interact with furry characters. He discovered a form of magic after he was lost that allowed him to change his size and become an anthro character. He would be able to do anything anybody else could do.

Thanks for the suggestion. I wasn't trying to sound like I didn't like what you said. I was just trying to explain the character.