Feila loads slowly

Lost and have questions? Want to offer suggestions on how we can improve the forum or have feedback in general? Wish to provide helpful information on educational topics such as medieval life? Post all that here. Also, if you notice any technical problems with the forum, please report them here.
Sade
Dysuhlian >:C
Dysuhlian >:C
Species: Toaster

Feila loads slowly

Post by Sade »

Browsing to Feila.org has been taking two or three minutes over the past week or two, rather than the expected matter of seconds. After initially navigating to Feila and waiting for it to load, page-loads are about as fast as normal. Navigating back to the board index after the first load is also about as fast as normal. Nevertheless, that initial wait is troublesome.

Has anyone else been having this problem?

Sponsor

Kael
God
God
Species: Panther or Dragon

Re: Feila loads slowly

Post by Kael »

I second this
Why is it that, as a culture, we are more comfortable seeing two men holding guns than holding hands? ~Ernest Gaines

If homosexuality is a disease, let's all call in queer to work: "Hello. Can't work today, still queer." ~Robin Tyler

War. Rape. Murder. Poverty. Equal rights for gays. Guess which one the Southern Baptist Convention is protesting? ~The Value of Families

Did you hear about the Scottish drag queen? He wore pants. ~Lynn Lavner

Why can't they have gay people in the army? Personally, I think they are just afraid of a thousand guys with M16s going, "Who'd you call a faggot?" ~John Stewart

Soldiers who are not afraid of guns, bombs, capture, torture or death say they are afraid of homosexuals. Clearly we should not be used as soldiers; we should be used as weapons. ~Letter to the editor, The Advocate

Kitsunegami
Marquis
Marquis
Species: Kitsune

Post by Kitsunegami »

Yes.

Bandia
Rogue
Rogue

Post by Bandia »

Yes...

Although I think the problem may stem more from the site's host ((phpBB)), not the Felia site itself?? I'm on one other phpBB site and experience the same loading problem, but not AS LONG as it takes Feila to load.

The chatbox here doesn't auto refresh either. In order to see any replies while talking someone, the entire page needs refreshed constantly. Not a problem I ever encountered on the other phpBB site, but other members here stated the same problem with it as well. Not sure if that's a site glitch or not.

Styx
Thief
Thief

Post by Styx »

Cbox auto refresh looks like requires the paid option of $2/month: http://cbox.ws/features.php